Log of OOC Meeting: 10/28/23

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:35 pm

Ghed wonders, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Sparkles says, "I can if no one else can."

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed states, "This week I had a wacky daytime schedule, but I managed to do a fair bit of requests, recommends, and -- my pet project of mass deploying ledge items all over grid."

Ghed states, "That was a lot of work, especially because midways I realized they were incorrectly setup and I had to start all over."

Ghed claims, "My next project is completing the Brotherhood minigame, then moving on to the Sanctum to give them some love"

Ghed wonders to Eurus, "What about you?"

Ghed pokes Eurus' eyeball carefully

Ghed huffs and looks at Leta, "We need to recharge him again. Care to give us your own update?"

Leta states, "Sure, but I completely forget what I did this week."

Leta says, "Which I know I say every week, but I haven't remembered yet."

Ghed muses, "Didn't you do restocks and embellishment thingies?"

Leta says, "OH"

Eurus says, "Nothing special from me, just working on stuff for future release"

Leta says, "Yeah. Holiday Hawker on grid, liquid perfumes can be embellished"

Ghed nods at Eurus.

Ghed claims, "The hawker, that's right"

Ghed states, "Thanks, you two, you rock"

Ghed says, "Temi's coming back this coming week -- I hope you missed her as much as we did"

Ghed questions, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Audrey pontificates, "Really slow!"

Sparkles states, "It's been an interesting week."

Gwenda states, "Mine's been interesting. My RP game of choice was taken down yesterday."

Audrey says, "It's been like that for the past month, really slow, which makes me sad, because I don't like things going slow."

Audrey claims, "D:"

Lans says, "It's been quite good for me, slow but not that slow"

Gwenda states, "Like, -down-, the host can't afford to run it so im here now"

Paprika has not had a great week, sadly.

Zakalwe says, "Their loss, our gain! Things have been pretty solid for me."

Gwenda says, "I'm honestly less bummed out about it than I would have expected"

Ghed says, "Looks like it was up and down on aaverage"

Taxius states, "I got some good scenes, but I seem to keep getting into drama without wanting it. T-T"

Paprika feels your pain.

Gwenda says, "In any case im probably going to be on inq for RP for the forseeable future. ive been here on and off for the last year or so"

Ghed pontificates, "Alright!"

Ghed queries, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Paprika says, "Not that I want to share, but I might have to take a break because the game keeps making me unhappy rl :P"

Ghed wonders to Paprika, "I see. Why don't we talka bout it after this meeting?"

Paprika claims, "If you want."

Audrey says, "Reeves need some love on the staff side of things, not sure how or why, but I think it was mentioned in the last meeting about them needing some love."

Ghed pontificates to Audrey, "Reeves have a lot of stuff compared to other guilds -- but sure I can talk to you and the GLs during the week!"

Audrey claims, "More love is always appreciated, horde the affection >:D. Jokes aside I don't think it's anything too major."

Ghed nods.

Ghed claims, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed declaims, "I don't think I have any registered topics!"

Ghed questions, "Would anyone like to bring something up?"

LazyJackal whistles a tune.

Ghed pontificates, "If nothing is up I can send you all back to grid!"

Audrey states, "You know, I did want to inquire about something since there's no topics going on-"

Ghed questions, "Alright! Thanks f-- yeah?"

Audrey wonders, "Well, minor nitpicking it might be, but as a resident rooftop runner (thank you for adding ledges by the way, never thought my off-hand comment about them would be a feature). But I wonder, why can't people see, you know, the PC's hopping through the roofs?"

Ghed states, "Because of how code is structured presently."

Audrey pontificates, "Oh, that makes sense!"

Ghed claims, "A good comparison is Sindome. Sindome has a very complicated pseudo XYZ 3D indexing of rooms to allow for height difference compensation, flying air vehicles etc. We don't have that here because it's excessive for us. However"

Sparkles says, "However, that does raise a question about the 'jump' command. Is this still a thing that is actually functional/useful? Because it seems to be implied in some places where it presumably used to work but doesn't anymore."

Ghed trails off, "However I could add some echoes if you're using a STATEXIT jump when a room would reasonably be below the jump, but htat's... a lot of work"

Ghed muses to Sparkles, "I recall being able to jump off buildings and splatter, is this not the case?"

Audrey muses, "I'm not too good or well-versed in the code, but maybe an echo of 'A silhouette can be seen slipping about on the rooftops' can show from time to time, when a person moves in a specific roof area? Streets surrounding townhall for the townhall roof, or those that surround bordello for example, etc?"

LazyJackal says OOCly, "That sounds like a lot of work."

Sparkles queries, "Well, from what I can measure there used to be a difference between 'jump' and statexits. And there are rooms that imply the former can be done but I'm not sure that's something fully supported? And/or the command doesn't seem to have a helpfile anymore?"

Ghed claims, "It's a -lot- of work because of the way our script is made. I can't automate it -- for example the 90 ledges I made are all room-specific tailored."

Audrey says, "That's fair enough, but no need to do it. It's just a very much random thing I thought of because of how many times I end up patrolling the roofs, nothing vital to the RP or life of the game, ahah."

Audrey declares, "That being said, please, screw around on the roofs more often, folk!"

Eel states, "Scary"

Audrey trails off, "Also, I'm not sure about 'jump', failing a statexit doesn't appear to hurt as badly, but maybe it has something to do with the weight...""

Ghed claims, "It's not a lot in statexits no"

Ghed says, "But some hurt more than others"

Ghed questions, "Anything else from anyone?"

Audrey says, "Breaking kneecaps from a fall and getting stranded in southside with broken legs would be amazing, i think I read somewhere about 'inflict' command being able to do that."

Ghed declares, "Alright! Let's wrap this up"

Ghed says, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Ghed claims, "REMEMBER TO CNOTE."

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drives in 3..."

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Ghed trails off, "1..."

• Information