Log of OOC Meeting 2023-10-07

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Ghed
Discord Handle: Ghed

Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:19 pm

Ghed muses, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

VivaLaVictoria says, "I can."

Zakalwe states, "I have a small player topic when that comes around."

Ghed exclaims to VivaLaVictoria, "Thanks!"

Ghed exclaims, "If you think of a topic later, send me a  tell! if you have a topic, please pre-write it!"

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed says, "This week I did mostly maintenance, a bit of policy, a plot or two (trying to catch up). Also trying to catch up with book submissions. I need to advance the pilgrim plot but really there's not a lot of rush"

Ghed states, "Lots of recommends too, that makes me very happy"

Ghed claims, "And a fair bit of plotting and sneaking around, from most sides"

Ghed queries to Leta, "What about you?"

Leta claims, "I had a busy week in RL, so admittedly I was not as present as I like to be. I did answer some questions, handle some requests and help a newbie or two."

Leta exclaims, "Oh! And I got to puppet Garath, my fave <3"

Ghed declares, "Oh yeah!"

Zakalwe beams at Leta. 

Leta states, "Thank you all for that lovely event. It's one of my favorite things when players take initiative to do something unique like that. I hope everyone had a good time <3"

Ghed says, "Honestly I was happily surprised"

Leta claims, "Oh! And speaking of, I have event QP to hand out, I think."

Ghed says, "Ohhh"

Leta says to Ghed, "That's all for me."

Ghed exclaims, "Okay!"

Ghed states, "Temi has been helping us catch up with things, including plots, but especially player requests"

Ghed pontificates, "Eurus has been handling some discrete IC matters, this week! If you know, you know. And if you don't, tough cookies!"

Ghed queries, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Rambling exclaims, "Can't complain!"

Paprika says, "I spent 6 rl hours organizing my fake kitchen. I'm so proud of it. :P"

Zakalwe says, "A lot of fun in-game. A lot's going on, and people are doing a really nice job of both feeding rp and picking up on rp. Huge kudos to everyone."

Leta grins at Paprika.

Edison claims, "It's really neat y'all"

Ghed claims, "Sounds like things are moving nicely"

Ghed asks, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Edison says, "No complaints from me :O"

AlleyGirl states, "Things are going well enough."

Ghed exclaims, "Okay!"

Ghed says, "I for one are very happy with having new GLs"

Ghed questions, "4 in 1 week, no?"

Rambling says, "My favorite is coca cola as our chief of medicine"

Ghed states, "Good one"

Ghed states, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed queries to Zakalwe, "You had something?"

Zakalwe says, "So, this is probably something that could be resolved in tells, but I thought that if I wasn't sure then maybe other players aren't as well. I was wondering what the etiquette is on plots that've been hanging fire for awhile. Is it acceptable to send admins a message politely saying 'hey, could someone take a look at this?' If so, how long would staff prefer we wait before giving a nudge? I know you guys are volunteers and don't want to put pressure on you."

Leta claims, "We've admittedly been way more behind then we like to be, lately."

Leta says, "So many big IRL events happening, like Ghed finishing his graduate degree and Temi's family stuff"

Ghed says, "We are coming from a rough couple months, July-September were pretty difficult staff-side"

Ghed nods at Leta.

Zakalwe says, "One hundred percent not meant as a criticism! I'm happy to wait, but I also know sometimes things get lost in the cracks."

Ghed says, "I'm aware and this is abnormal, our time is usually no more than 1 week"

Zakalwe declaims, "Okay! That's settled, as far as I'm concerned :)"

Edison finishes abruptly, "Ghed and I were just talking about this - I waited about a week :)"

dison claims, "I think waiting about a week is fair, esp. with how wild everything has been"

Leta says, "It tends to be longer if we need to: 

1. Create new policy, 
2. Review big things like books folks make. 
3. Create lore that hasn't previously existed, especially if it might be contentious."

Leta says, "A compared to quicker things like 'add a flag in this room,' 'can you review this rumor', etc."

Zakalwe pontificates, "That sounds totally reasonable!"

Edison says, "Let's just hope we don't all ask on the same day X)"

Ghed says, "Phome stuff is comparatively much easier"

hed claims, "As you may all realize that I tend to do phome stuff faster"

Ghed says, "Policy stuff (and when people fail to cnote) drains our time and attention disproportionately"

Zakalwe says to Edison, "We'll set up a schedule. I bother the admins on Sundays, you can have Saturdays."

Ghed states to Zakalwe, "So: we are very sorry, feel free to send me a list of stuff I owe you, if it's stuff I had been handling"

Sparkles wonders, "Is there any thought on how to best address when that spills over into IC sometimes?"

Zakalwe says, "Will do! It's only one small thing."

Edison says, "Remember that cnote quick exists, it doesn't send you into polca, just remember that your first word after 'quick' will be the title of the cnote, don't be like me :C"

Ghed says to Sparkles, "Just be upfront and tell the other player 'ghed is a dumb dumb and taking his time'"

Edison says to Ghed, "No putting yourself down :O"

Sparkles claims, "Also players aren't always totally aware who is in charge of what when it comes to plots."

Zakalwe says, "That's also true - I don't think it shows on the polca who it's been assigned to."

AlleyGirl says, "You can put multiple words in the title of your quick cnote by surrounding them with quotation marks."

Leta claims to Sparkles, "It depends on the plot. We're all players also, so we keep distance from anything we could have too much bias on. Whoever ran the header is usually in charge of a plot attached to it. Otherwise, if it's a simple investigate, we rely on "whoever has time first" principles"

Ghed nods at Leta.

Sparkles nods.

Zakalwe nods.

dison nods.

Zakalwe nods at Edison.

Ghed says, "There are some things, sometimes, one of us can't touch for staff policy reasons"

Ghed pontificates, "Okay!"

Ghed trails off, "Let's see..."

Ghed queries to VivaLaVictoria, "You had a question too?"

VivaLaVictoria states, "What I have is just a question... it came up IC, and nobody really knew the answer for sure.  Is the Grand Master of the order a Great Lord position? It is not listed in the helpfile, but some people think it is, while some people think it isn't."

Leta claims, "It is not a Great Lord, it does have noble standing."

Leta says, "The same way Grand Inquisitor and Archbishop carry noble standing"

Leta has returned from AFK.

Ghed questions, "Did I update the helpfile? or did I forget"

VivaLaVictoria queries, "What is the difference between being a great lord and having noble standing?"

Ghed says, "Oh I updated help people grand master but not with it"

Ghed claims, "Bc they are on the privy council"

Ghed says, "I'm just repeating what Leta is reminding me of"

Leta claims, "There are roles that don't fall on the Privy Council (formed of the four Great Lords, Seneschal, Justiciar, Chancellor, Earl Marshall) but still have noble standing."

Leta nods at Ghed.

VivaLaVictoria declaims, "Thanks! Now I get why there is confusion, but it clarifies things!"

Sparkles states, "So this brings up a question, if there's time."

Ghed questions, "Yep?"

CookieMonster queries, "Actually, isn't the Grand Inquisitor considered a Great Lord as well?"

Ghed claims, "He is"

Leta states to Ghed, "He is not."

Ghed asks, "Oh?"

Ghed facepalms

Leta says, "He does not sit on the Privy Council"

AlleyGirl claims, "On the helpfile, it's Seneschal, Lord Justiciar, Earl Marhsall, and Chancellor."

Ghed declares, "Sorry!"

Edison states, "How dare."

AlleyGirl claims, "But GIs have noble respect, as do Archbishops."

Leta claims, "He -IS- the most powerful member of the Inquisition in the realm and the second most powerful in the Order, beyond the Patriarch/Cardinal."

Leta states, "He/she is not a Great Lord"

Ghed claims, "Well, there we have it then"

Ghed wonders to Sparkles, "You had a Q?"

Sparkles says, "It's about some helpfile stuffs, so I might just submit it as a typo."

Sparkles nods.

Leta states to Sparkles, "Typo board is good. There are too many helpfiles, and unfortunate inconsistencies would be great to fix."

Zakalwe queries, "My backscroll isn't working, but did I see that all GLs are supposed to be given noble respect?"

VivaLaVictoria says, "Nope, just some of them."

Leta claims to Zakalwe, "The Great Lords (Chancellor, Seneschal, Earl Marshall and Justiciar) and the Order GLs effectively have noble standing."

Zakalwe nods.

Ghed wonders to Sparkles, "Will you submit it as a typo then?"

Sparkles nods.

Ghed pontificates, "Okay!"

Sparkles pontificates, "Shall do!"

Ghed questions, "Do we have any other topics?"

Edison wonders, "Does anyone have questions about my totally not a knock off of pogs mini game I've got extensive notes on?"

Rambling muses, "...you were serious?"

Edison trails off, "I mean..."

Edison says, "Temi's seen the rules"

Ghed pontificates, "I don't think there are any other questions!"

Edison screams

Ghed says, "Okay, if that is all"

Edison says, "But seriously, I don't have anything :)"

Ghed states, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Ghed states, "Please cnote discoveries, especially if you're a GL."
“What good is power when you're too wise to use it?”

• Information