August 5th OOC Meeting Transcript

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

sippycup
Discord Handle: sippycup

Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:37 pm

Ghed questions, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."
Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.
Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"
Edison flips a glass globe filled with tiny, drifting snowflake crystals around like david bowie
Ghed states, "Come onnnnn I need a scribe"
say I can do it =D
Tiberius states, "I can do it =D"
Kalana declaims, "Thanks!"
Ghed claims to Tiberius, "Thanks mate"
Ghed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe
Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."
Winifred has lost link.
Winifred has reconnected.
Ghed states, "This week I did mostly staff requests, very especially evictions and stuffing the Auction House with a large amount of repurposed items"
Ghed claims, "I also had to deal with a lot of policy"
Ghed says, "I plan to move on with planned enhancements for the Brotherhood"
Ghed says, "If this works you'll begin seeing a little bit of more skulduggery or however you write that word"
Ghed asks of Temi, "How about you?"
Temi states, "I'm doing pretty well. Some crafting updates from the typos on inconsistencies, though still some more to do there, and some plots addressed."
Temi claims, "I think I've got the plots that are currently waiting on me."
Winifred has lost link.
Winifred has reconnected.
Temi nods at Ghed.
Ghed claims, "Excellent, thanks for that"
Ghed asks of Leta, "And what about you?"
Leta claims, "I built some phomes and handled some quick queries/requests. I added help furs and made sure sable and exotic fur have unique appraisal messages. I updated the coloring of some of the items in the QP shop and will be trying to spice up the inventory a bit."
Leta claims, "Otherwise just trying to catch up on plots/header loose ends"
Ghed declaims, "Thanks a lot!"
Ghed says, "Help furs looks great"
Ghed pontificates, "Eurus is busy but he reminded me he fixed deal, made new custom messenger approaches, and remade slip into slip and slide. Thieves can now plant items!"
Konaa says, "I didn't even know we had polar bears"
Temi claims, "Well, they're not in Lithmore."
Leta states, "They've appeared on grid before as exotic fur items, but definitely not in this Duchy"
Konaa says, "No I didn't think so, if I saw a polar bear in Lithmore I would be very confused"
Leta grins.
Konaa claims, "Though not as confused as it was I expect"
Winifred states, "I'm so happy that the Thieves have taken up botany as a hobby, now that they can plant and all"
say lol
Tiberius claims, "Lol"
Ghed grins.
Temi grins at Winifred.
Dragor claims, "Polar bears come from Farin, right"
Temi states to Dragor, "Only the very unhappy ones."
Ghed muses, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"
say I've been a little busy so haven't been out so much.
Tiberius says, "I've been a little busy so haven't been out so much."
Konaa says, "My usual 'finding out basic mechanics over half a year into playing' adventures continue with embellishing"
Leta grins at Konaa.
Leta states, "You're gonna love my next helpfile, in that case."
Kalana says, "It's been a bit quiet, but I've been enjoying myself with the quiet stuff at least"
Winifred declaims, "Been a bit busy OOCly, but I've tried to pop on when I can. I've been doing some writing, some stringing, you know how it is!"
Konaa says, "For the moment though when I am not chipping away at the massive pile of untooled objects in my house I am just popping around and rping"
Paprika says, "My grandpa has had a nosebleed for over 24 hours. They accidentally left a tourniquet on his arm overnight, and he has a huge blue bump on his arm now. All of that is kind of affecting my mood the last couple of days, but otherwise good."
Konaa exclaims to Leta, "Nice!"
Ghed says to Paprika, "Oh noo"
Leta declaims to Paprika, "Oh no! =("
Temi declaims to Paprika, "Eep! Good luck to him!"
Konaa says, "That's really rough, hope he recovers soon"
Paprika states, "Thanks"
say oh yeah
Tiberius states, "Oh yeah"
Ghed queries, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"
Ghed nods.
Ghed claims, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."
Ghed asks, "I don't think I have any topics registered today, right?"
Sparkles claims, "I have a quick Q with the announcements."
Ghed pontificates to Sparkles, "Speak up!"
Sparkles claims, "So talking about the Auction House, I know there's a lack of desire to have it overshadow shops of current players which is why (likely in addition to making it far easier for staff to stock) it was reduced to only one store front. However, it can mean there's a lack of turnover if there's a bunch of stuffs in there which folks aren't buying. Which seems more likely at times when pre-xterm stuffs crops up (even if some of the stuff is real fun and historical)"
Temi says, "It does have a randomizer"
Konaa claims, "Oh did auction house get downsized"
Lans states to Konaa, "Like 6 years ago"
Roderick is idle.
Lans states, "It used to have like 5 rooms"
Konaa states, "Oh."
Leta claims to Konaa, "It used to have multiple rooms, then even after it got consolidated to one, it used to list EVERY item available until about a year ago."
(visnet) Player Anya: OOC Meeting?
(visnet) Staff Ghed: Yep
(visnet) Player Anya: May I come?
Temi states, "The stuff that's in it should change up every week, even if it wasn't getting bought... Ill check and make sure that part is getting done. Though if it only has so many items to pick from, there could be some re-picks"
Ghed has transferred AlleyGirl. [OOC]
Ghed states, "We can remove the stuff nobody cares about"
Ghed claims to Sparkles, "Thanks"
Temi gives a glass globe filled with tiny, drifting snowflake crystals to AlleyGirl.
Konaa says, "Shoulda grabbed that velvet green beret when I had the chance"
Konaa says, "Oh temi can I get a globe"
Paprika apparently doesn't know where it is.
Sparkles nods.
say oh, it's over there near the Blue Birds
Tiberius says, "Oh, it's over there near the Blue Birds"
Ghed queries, "Does anyone have another topic to raise?"
Konaa states, "Generally to find any store in the city I go to crossroads first and then try to travel to it"
Paprika claims, "I tried to find it and just went to the qp shops I guess"
Temi gives a glass globe filled with tiny, drifting snowflake crystals to Konaa.
Temi claims, "How'd I miss you"
Ghed states to Paprika, "You walked right past it"
Konaa pontificates to Temi, "Thanks!"
say it's south of the foyer.
Tiberius states, "It's south of the foyer."
Ghed wonders, "No other topics then?"
Roderick is no longer idle.
Roderick has returned from AFK.
Edison drops all his cue cards on 'How to solve all of Lithmore's problems in 5 easy steps!'
Winifred declaims, "None from me. I'm decently content!"
Temi states, "Content is good"
Winifred picks up the one that says 'pyre all the mages' and hands it back to Edison.
Edison quietly thanks that no one saw his 'kiss all the mages' card
Dragor says, "Don't kiss mages now."
Dragor claims, "They smell."
Ghed claims, "Alrighty, in that case I can begin sending you all back with a shiny new snow globe"
Edison claims, "No kiss mages."
Dragor states, "Exactly! No kiss mages."
Edison states, "No, kiss mages. Right."
Rambling claims, "What if they're a mage after the fact."
Dragor says, "Tzk tzk."
Winifred claims, "Mages are stinky and don't deserve kisses."
say that's how taint is spread.
Tiberius says, "That's how taint is spread."
Ghed states, "If anyone wants to shoot the breeze with me in my off-grid office for a while I'm open too =)"
Eurus grabs his net and jumps into the code, ready to go bughunting. [OOC]
Ghed claims, "Just send me a tell and such"
Ghed claims, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

• Information