Log of OOC Meeting 2023-06-17

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Konaa
Discord Handle: Konaa#3399

Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:32 pm

Ghed states, "I think we can begin"

Ghed questions, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does
the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources
available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you
register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Konaa declaims, "WAit he's speaking Daravi! Get him!"

Ghed states, "You can try"

Viper states, "My guy"

Solus trails off, "... but if we can understand him, then we also speak Daravi..."

Temi grins.

Temi says, "The magic of OOC-land. Yes, I said magic."

Borya trails off, "Aw damn... we are all spies"

Ghed eyes around warily.

Nospeedy pontificates, "Burn the mage!"

Solus states, "Not it on scribing."

Ghed wonders, "Would anyone like to scribe?"

Konaa states, "I uh, would volunteer. How do I set the thing to record"

Solus says, "You could... copy paste it all into a Google Doc."

Ghed states to Konaa, "You need to set it up on your client"

Ghed claims, "Or that"

Konaa claims, "Well I'll just edit out my says"

Solus says, "On Mudlet, it's 'record a replay' iirc."

Ghed muses, "Okay, do you want to do it?"

Ghed says, "Not replay, but log"

Konaa claims to Ghed, "Yes I'll do it"

Solus says, "Konaa best Konaa."

Ghed has transferred Violet. [OOC]

Ghed has transferred Lans. [OOC]

Ghed nods at Konaa.

Temi gives a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to Violet.

Ghed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe

Temi gives a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to Lans.

Ikeala lifts a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to her nose and sniffs at
it.

Ghed claims, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed claims, "I mostly helped Leta with the plot, did the usual sleuth of recommends and requests,
and pushed forward some decisions like phasing out underage PCs from TI, as I posted on the general
board. I also coded a script to make it easier to climb the mountain if you buy and wear a mountain
climber's kit"

Konaa states, "Ah mountain gear works now. It's not just for fluff"

Viper says, "That is amazing."

Ghed says, "It works as of wednesday, it was just a heavy, pricey prop before"

Ghed claims, "We have more decisions coming up soon"

Ghed queries to Temi, "How about you?"

Viper questions, "Do the current ones work or gotta buy new ones?"

Viper says, "Climber kits"

Ghed claims, "Current ones work, if you buy them in the NPC shop"

Ghed states, "Player crafted props don't work"

Ghed has transferred Tomato. [OOC]

Temi states, "I made cookies? Not a lot of progress from me this week. Work has been kicking my
butt and kept paging me during off hours, so not a lot of time for more than responding to a few
requests, but should be back to more normal next week."

Temi gives a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to Tomato.

Ghed declares, "Thanks for your input despite how hard work IRL has been!"

Temi nods at Ghed.

Konaa says, "I bet Leta had a really chill week"

Temi grins.

Ghed queries to Leta, "How about our plot mistress?"

Ghed claims to Konaa, "Lol"

Leta claims, "THE CHILLEST."

Leta says, "My update is pretty simple. I plotted. It was fun. Thank you all for being so great to
plot with and for being patient with me as I try to allocate time to everyone. <3"

Solus claims, "Leta is just sad she can't attempt to murder more PCs in the week, clearly. /j"

Leta says, "Of course my work picked this week to get wild, but I finally caught up on plot
investigations this morning, and I'm really looking forward to more investigative/cure-finding RP
this week"

Ghed claims, "Give her time"

Leta says to Solus, "I'm running out of victims =("

Konaa pontificates to Leta, "Thanks for all your effort!"

Leta queries to Solus, "You wanna volunteer?"

Lans claps politely!

Solus questions, "You think I have combat skills? With MY stats?"

Temi states, "Not having combat skills does help with the not surviving combat bit."

Viper says, "You can shatter my heart any day"

Borya trails off, "Haha yeah... plot.... haha..."

Borya sweats

Konaa claims, "Man I wish being bad at combat got you out of the disease"

Solus says, "Yes, but it sure doesn't help with the volunteer bit."

Leta claims to Konaa, "<3"

Leta claims to Viper, "<3"

Solus claims, "WHY ARE YOU SWEATING AGAIN I THOUGHT WE FIXED YOU"

Leta nods seriously.

Ghed nods seriously.

Borya says, "i'm just very sweaty"

Leta states, "I have a lot of fun with y'all. You make all the work very worth it"

Sue claims, "Leta keeps trying but I keep winning"

Borya muses, "You sure about that bud???????"

Solus claims, "I don't know, your feet say otherwise."

Leta states, "NEXT TIME FIVE SEWER MONSTERS"

Borya says, "LOL"

Ghed nods at Leta.

Leta sticks out her tongue at Sue.

Arthur claims, "Sue has no toes left"

Sue states, "I'LL FIGHT THEM ALL SINGLE HANDED"

Solus claims, "I'M NOT FIXING YOU THIS TIME SUE"

Konaa trails off, "Always the feet...always the feet..."

Temi questions to Sue, "Missing a hand or just tied behind your back?"

Leta claims, "And that's my update =)"

Borya claims, "he monsters got her toesies"

Ghed says, "Thanks for the AMAZING work you're doing, L"

Solus says, "Love you lots, Leta."

Borya declaims, "Yeah thank you Leta!!!!!!!"

Ghed states, "Eurus isn't here but he has been coding like crazy, making many fixes that we had
requested, and little implementations here and there"

Ghed claims, "So I'm very grateful for that"

Ghed declares, "Ilena did a lot of evictions of late! Which I was lagging on as they take a fair bit
of time, even with Eurus' automatization tool (which, may I say, he improved this week, too)"

Solus states, "At this point, I just assume that Eurus is everywhere. You'll find him in your house
stealing your shoes if you aren't careful."

Leta grins.

Arthur states, "I'm glad Eurus finally found their horse on the mountain, poor thing was there for
months."

Leta claims, "The other thing he did this week is add prestige titles on 'look' if someone is
prestigious enough"

Ghed claims, "Replacing your shoes for better, more optimized ones"

Temi grins.

Ghed says, "So that's that from us"

Leta claims, "Alongside a bunch of bug fixes and staff-side stuff"

Sue queries, "You guys are getting prestige?"

Konaa claims, "In theory"

Ghed laughs.

Solus says, "LMAO no."

Leta grins.

Leta questions, "Maybe an excuse to start working on it?"

Sue states, "One day mine will say 'the hillbeast'"

Solus trails off, "........ who's gonna tell her about the timeline..."

Leta grins at Sue.

Borya trails off, "The Hillbeast...."

Konaa claims, "Prestige title: Little guy"

Borya muses, "For you? yeah that tracks"

Solus points at Konaa and says, "Prestige title: Baby boy. Baby."

Temi grins.

Solus states, "AUGH I FORGOT I DON'T HAVE THAT ON END COLOR MODE"

Ghed has transferred Tic. [OOC]

Viper questions, "What level of prestige do you see it?"

Temi gives a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to Tic.

Ghed asks, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Viper asks, "Distinguished?"

Solus says, "I AM THE GOD OF THE TRIAGE. ALL BOW BEFORE MY HORRIFYINGLY ACCURATE TREAT POLCAS AND
WEEP- seriously though, it's been a hell of a week."

Borya says, "I look at my RP hours and weep at the fact I have no life. Week's been pretty busy even
if it felt like it died down a little toward the end"

Tomato says, "This plot has ripped my character to the deepest of lows"

Leta claims to Viper, "Distinguished. You were there previously, now just a couple good payments to
PCs, tithes or projects away"

Arthur states, "My week has been pretty good, found a couple of bugged foraged spots that got fixed,
I desire more foragables, all the foragables."

Solus claims, "I'm concerned about how you'll check if we have new forageables."

Borya claims, "I enjoyed making people sad by being very sick"

Konaa states, "Well I've done a lot more rp in this last week than I have in a while. It's been
fun. Also very tiring. I think the rp's been intense and I am kind of running on fumes atm. Bad
because I'm a GL, good because I'm sick IC anyway. The atmosphere is extremely oppressive, which is
a compliment, but it does make me a little depressed"

Ghed claims to Tomato, "I see that as a win"

Temi has transferred Winifred. [OOC]

Temi gives a vibrant triangle cookie shaped like a wedge of watermelon to Winifred.

Sue states, "Leta broke my feet"

Solus claims, "This week's been fast-paced as heck for me ICly. Yelling from one room to another...
wouldn't trade it for the world, turns out I really enjoy being a Physician. I've watched many, many
people get owned."

Ghed declaims to Konaa, "Excellent!!"

Borya says, "Leta took your TOES sue"

Ghed says, "Seems like things have been MOVING of late huh"

Borya claims, "LITERALLY"

Solus states, "Most notable amidst them: I now have 20 seeds and transplanted plants annnnnd no
greenhouse or garden to put them in."

Winifred states, "Hi, my name is Winry and I am suffering The Death"

Leta claims, "From my perspective, it seems like we've hit the plot pit and are now on the climb out
of it, with cures, city coordination and investigations where they are"

Viper says, "Super fun."

Konaa finishes abruptly, "Always the fear I'm not doing enough, sadly, but that's just a problem
with my mindset. I will probably take a couple days off soonish but - I am hyped to Fix It and Save
The Day"

Solus queries, "This includes six that I literally booked it to get when I looked at the list of
seeds in the directory and realized they're... not available anywhere in the city?"

Viper says, "I am finishing up my plot right meow - Ghed interrupted me to come listen to all of
you."

Solus claims, "This man really just said meow."

Borya states to Solus, "Just ask around to see if people would allow you to plant somewhere."

Leta claims to Konaa, "Mental health and IRL comes first. If you need a couple days, take 'em, and
if there's anything I can do just send me a tell."

Ghed says, "The plot is designed to keep people off balance, remember that"

Leta says to Konaa, "That said, I think you are doing GREAT. All y'all who are first time GLs and
plotters continue to astound me with how well you're doing"

Borya declares, "Kyah... thank you....!"

Konaa claims to Leta, "Yeah the last day in particular has really shown that we might be startin'
the climb. I have to say you've done a great job with all the atmosphere. The game feels like a
changed place right now and that's super interesting to me. Also, thank you so much aaaaah"

Arthur says, "I enjoy having the plague, it feels me with so much zest."

Arthur claims, "Fills*"

Winifred claims, "It has driven an incredible amount of RP"

Borya says, "I think my character is a changed man after this plague is over"

Arthur muses, "You think it's going to end?"

Ghed queries, "End?"

Ghed chortles

Borya says, "I'll end it myself if I have to"

Ikeala claims, "I do wonder if posted times for stuffs might help. As it might reduce the 'I need to
be on all the time or else' feeling."

Solus points at Ghed and claims, "You may have been intending me to be off balance, but little did
you know, I'm off-balance the most in neutral footing!"

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Ghed laughs at Solus.

Temi states, "I think that's part of the idea with Leta's scheduling with different groups"

Solus says, "I will note that group scheduling can be... a fever dream."

Ghed claims, "It can be tough, especially when relying on Board notes"

Ghed claims, "But I think things are going alright"

Arthur muses, "So when do the xenomorphs spawn in the sewers?"

Solus claims, "I think they're already there."

Temi states, "I think Leta's doing it by hand"

Winifred claims, "They're in the deep."

Konaa says, "Our schedule notes looked very funny by the time our RPA happened"

Solus claims, "Also, I'd like to say: the difference between M Medicine and GM Medicine POLCAs for
treat is... literally night and day. It's kind of astonishing. I know I've harped on this before,
but-"

Viper claims, "I had question - namely for Leta pertaining to plots. I really like this style but in
the future - perhaps it can be a plot that both sides can RPA into against each other - like in the
future to promote more PVP without swords and steel and magic missiles."

Viper says, "Outside of you awesome mega plots."

Solus states, "... I'm going to refer to this as 'Yomi Hustle plots.'"

Leta claims to Viper, "Those have definitely happened"

Leta states, "Ghed's usually the PvP guy though =)"

Temi grins.

Ghed states, "That was the Lothos revolt"

Ghed states, "3 factions plus a secret one"

Temi says, "I do try to set a couple of different choices in mind, though they shouldn't be a clear
good or bad"

Viper claims, "Ah yes - fair. Fkn Lothos."

Arthur says, "I was being serious about those forageable spots though, not sure if they change much
when we go to another season but I've found I want more and more, I need to fill my brain with good
chemicals from finding things nobody else has."

Leta says, "This one is designed to be a bit more PvE, with each side doing their part to push
towards solution"

Solus says, "Ghed puts together PvP. Temi puts together different choices Undertale-style. Leta
likes to send us into Frostpunk."

Ghed says, "Lol"

Leta grins.

Konaa states, "I was going to say that the PvE has aspect has been pretty incredible but those tend
to be the plots I prefer"

Ghed says, "Keep the engines running to matter the cost"

Konaa says, "Looking forward to Edessa"

Ghed asks, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Viper claims, "It bothers me when I break out into dance the entire Kingdom does not instantly flash
dance behind me - other than that nothing."

Lans trails off to Viper, "I flash dance, boss..."

Ghed declares, "Okay, I don't think much badness is going on, at least public!"

Ghed says, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed states to Tomato, "I only have a topic registered to you I think"

Tomato says, "ALRIGHT this is a doozy so sorry"

Tomato says, "Say Recent events, and more specifically research into previous events have led me to
stop and look at the Order and how its 'powers' are largely roleplay at this point in time.
Especially during an IC discussion where several people tried to bring up previous actions that the
Church might have taken during an event of this scale, it was sort of rejected as 'not useful' or
'busywork' when that goes against theme and I realized that its because a lot of things have become
RP-only and largely 'placebo' actions. Prayers and blessings are viewed as 'useless fluff' because
they don't really actually do anything.

Especially when we have a literal actual example right now: mage ash. You can't burn a witch and get
mage ash, the holy oil blessed by the Order with secret rituals is REQUIRED to get mage ash. Which
speaks that the Order DOES have rituals and blessings at their disposal that do have actual powerful
effects. So why are prayers, holy water blessings etc so fangless?

I would like to suggest that perhaps the Order would feel more motivated to do theme-supporting
things and feel motivated to participate in largescale things like this if tools that have
previously had power and did previously work and now mysteriously do not get looked at to perhaps
bolster that side of rp."

Solus says, "... on one hand, I agree. On the other hand, I swear I can remember a conversation
where they had that and then burnt any knowledge that they had on it."

Viper claims, "I am nearly done writing up a plot to address that."

Leta says, "I do think players need to be more accepting of the themely superstitions associated
with Davism"

Ikeala states, "I can promise there are copies of knowledge on those things IC."

Leta states, "The majority of characters would not know anything about 'real' mage ash. They would
believe in prayers and blessings and holy water, etc."

Leta says, "Real wax balls, rather"

Tomato says, "I feel like some of this is on a game level where new players are not aware of what
was able to be done and since there are no coded effects, nothing but literal fluff, it gets
consigned to not useful"

Winifred states, "Winry got sprinkled with holy water and felt like she was a god"

Konaa says, "I need to remind myself every now and then that my character has grown up genuinely
believing in every last bit of Order mojo"

Leta states, "We have been talking about a modified return to the piety scale"

Tomato states, "So why not consider adding a holy water blessing with an affect so that codedly you
are reminded your character does feel about it"

Leta claims, "Or coded ways to give the order a sense of engagement with grid"

Winifred claims, "In the end it's a matter of people sticking to theme-- people be pious and what
the Order says is the general accepted worldview"

Tomato claims, "Or I had a brief thought, blessing an item, it gives an appraise, does it do
something, who knows, but it would give someone a reason to seek that"

Ghed claims, "We wanna prize actual, concrete davism on grid"

Leta states, "Considering taint is a system that still exists and is modulated by mage behavior"

Ghed nods.

Leta nods.

Solus wonders, "Gonna be a new idiot here: what was the old Piety scale?"

Konaa declaims, "We can trick new players into thinking it has a mechanical effect! Muahaha"

Leta says, "We've been a bit concerned about the lack of Davism RP on grid these days."

Tomato states, "Things like that that codedly enforce theme in a way that allows new players to
engage and doesn't require access to books that have long since been removed and helpfiles that have
never existed"

Ghed states to Solus, "Using the pray command with davite prayers used to boost a secret stat called
Pietuy"

Ghed claims, "Like WAY BACK"

Leta claims, "It's hard to enforce theme and we don't want to pile a bunch of expectations on only a
few players"

Ghed claims, "And yes, the actual amount of real true davism is abysmally low"

Solus trails off, "... we could rename it Virtue if we don't want it to share a name with the city
metric......"

Tomato states, "I think real true Davism has always been abysmally low tbh"

Winifred claims, "I have plans for a character who is Genuinely Just A Completely Devout Davite, but
they, uh, they're waiting until after this plot to exist"

Winifred states, "I'm kind of excited for them tho"

Leta nods at Tomato.

Konaa states, "I always accept tips. I try to balance out my character's doubts and fears and
material cynicism with his faith"

Leta states, "Everyone wants to be the underdog, which doesn't quite work when everyone is the
underdog"

Leta states to Winifred, "That'll be fun =)"

Tomato claims, "But, I noticed I think its very gamified by the fact that there is no coded effects
and especially new players, always very heavy to lean on code"

Arthur says, "Well I was really interested in learning more about Davism as a Squire and now I'm
doubly so going to.. especially going to use the Pray command, I didn't even realize it existed."

Solus says, "I will admit, I saw Jacarys do a Prayer of Warding at one point and went 'oh yeah
that's a thing' followed immediately by 'why do I feel better when there's no danger.'"

Leta nods at Tomato.

Leta says, "I agree"

Ghed states to Solus, "Cute"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

Tomato asks, "But yeah when I saw an orderite get offended we suggested holy water and blessing shit
i was like why would they be upset? Oh because its Useless and not actually helping"

Tomato says, "Even when that WOULD be helping per theme"

Konaa states, "It is hard to solve the problem of 'not a ton of orderite pcs' since directing
players on what to play is always a tricky thing"

Arthur states, "I have to agree with Tomato on this.. as a new Orderite I was confused when nobody
wanted to do things like use censers, holy water or bless weapons.. even use salt on weapons to
fight demons."

Tomato trails off, "So give them more toys. Would holy water kill a demon? No, but maybe it would...
knock 5 minutes off of a magic timer or give you a +1 to something for Just Feeling Good"

Solus claims, "Shoutout to our man Arthur for wrecking balling a censer, by the way."

Ghed wonders, "Holy water is a bit theologically weird (the LotS is not meant to intervene, so why
is the water holy-ed? does the Lord intervene or not?) but I hear you"

Tomato claims, "The Fountis is Literally Blessed Water"

Konaa says, "I did think the Fountis is Dav's Special Stuff"

Solus says, "The Lord of the Springs can't intervene, but he can give you this wooden sword and a
brain cell."

Tomato states, "The Springs which feed into the Bren have Holy Properties because they had diluted
Spring in them"

Ghed claims to Tomato, "Fair fair"

Tomato claims, "Literal books IC say washing in the Bren will cleanse you"

Arthur says, "Time to visit the holy spring.."

Tomato states, "The lord is not intervening, you are using His Existing Power and idk doing Order
Rituals to remove the taint from it"

Solus says, "A warm bath for the soul."

Leta nods at Tomato.

Ikeala says, "But also whether or not a diety is or is not interfering on a metaphysical level
doesn't change the effect that you believing something works can make it work in the most holy of
placebo effects."

Viper states, "I think a many of those are plot related necessities - I hear you though. "

Tomato says, "Even outside of a plot if a priest could codedly bless an item and you get 'this has
been blessed' would you not want to seek that out just to have it"

Leta claims, "There's a reason folks drink from the chalice in mass."

Viper states to Tomato, "Ah yes - i see what you mean."

Tomato claims, "This was absolutely prompted by behavior I have noticed OOCly from the plot but
largely is a player behavior"

Solus states, "... I think the Order getting blessings would be super neat, actually."

Tomato states, "Which I feel like could be bolstered by a little bit of tools"

Arthur claims, "I overheard an Orderite say that weapons could receive blessings.. I want to pursue
it to learn what that's all about IC, it sounds super cool even if it doesn't have a mechanical
effect."

Viper states, "Keep in mind some stuff a character may push back on may be mainly do to the
character's personal beliefs"

Ikeala states, "I do have another unrelated question if there's time."

Tomato says, "Oh sure but still would people, for example, play priests and have more fun if they
could Actually Do Shit"

Solus says, "I find the distance that people will go to in order to get a neat string or color on
their items or their housing is very, very great in these sorts of games."

Solus claims, "The endgame is, truly, aesthetic."

Ghed says, "Weapons can be blessed with fire, water, or both"

Ikeala states, "If you want a fire sword, write to me today."

Konaa states, "Flame sword flame sword flame sword"

Solus declares, "Flame sword! Flame sword! Flame sword!"

Solus trails off, "... I got so excited to chant 'flame sword' that I forgot to hit 'say'..."

Viper says, "...mmm"

Leta trails off, "Okay, after talking staff-side we're considering blessings/santifying that gives
small, temporary boosts. Not necessarily divine power but more a... bardic inspiration from the
Order to the faithful"

Tomato says, "That sounds exactly what I was asking for"

Ghed smiles.

Leta claims, "Will continue to workshop"

Viper claims, "Limited to the clergy side... I like it."

Solus claims, "Give Gavriel good things in this household."

Solus states, "That man's put in WORK this plot."

Leta nods.

Solus wonders, "Anyhow, I think Ikaela had a topic if we're clearing the board on this one?"

Arthur says, "Fire Sword Fire Sword Fire Sword- done."

Ghed muses to Ikeala, "You wanted to say something?"

Ikeala queries, "With the change in character ages is there going to be any thought about how we
handle our lowest ranks in Guilds? "

Ghed says, "Wha'chu mean"

Temi claims, "We haven't seen a lot of affect from how people RP age in low guild ranks recently,
regardless."

Tomato says, "It is strange that most 'apprentice' ranks are expected to be like, 12-16 year old
children but we regularly get adults in them for long periods of time"

Arthur claims, "Hey that's me"

Ikeala claims, "As said, yes that in our loose 'this is medieval times' milleu having
Pages/Apprentices (for example) who would typically have been younger people."

Temi asks, "And younger folks have been promoted quickly out of them too. I don't think there will
be a big difference from rp, and the background of many people starting earlier is probably still
fine?"

Winifred says, "Hello, I was promoted quickly"

Winifred says, "Part of it is just that people don't tend to stay apprentices/pages/cadets for very
long because those roles are the least functional of their guilds I feel"

Borya states, "If you are a student in the physicians all you do is read books and hope somebody
comes to teach u"

Winifred says, "It'd be easier to maintain that if they could fulfill the general roles, such as
Apprentices being able to sell"

Winifred claims, "But once your skill rank is high enough it's just awkward to still be there even
if you should be ICly"

Temi nods.

Tomato states, "In the case of physicians i get it because if you don't know what you are doing re:
disease you could very plausibly kill someone with a 3rd stage disease"

Temi says, "That's part of the issue behind this, is it's just not fun to be stuck with 'kid rp' for
several years, without adding increase in responsibilities to it"

Tomato states, "Because you really genuinely have to actually read those books and understand it"

Borya claims, "Yep true"

Solus says, "I will note: even as a Nursia, I have found myself taking screenshots and stuffing them
in places because I have chronic ADHD brain and don't trust myself to not forget it in a pivotal
moment."

Borya states, "Yeah. same. i have screenshots of the most important stuff on me at all times. still
forget some basic things sometimes"

Winifred states, "I've been having fun with Winry, but Winry is also extraordinarily independent and
willful"

Winifred claims, "Regular Kid RP is, uh, not that fun a time"

Solus says, "Winry is Scamp RP."

Borya claims, "Oi guv"

Konaa claims, "Winry is literally a classic fantasy protagonist"

Nospeedy states, "Street Urchins can be fun to play."

Winifred queries, "A womans' voice says, "Oi, guvnah, spare a shilling?""

Winifred states, "Winifred has revealed herself."

Solus states, "The stealth mechanics in this game really are fun sometimes."

Konaa states, "Me pumping 15k xp into wisdom just so I can maybe spot winry"

Solus wonders, "You needed to put xp into that?"

Temi says, "But yeah, adding GL responsibilities or romantic interactions to teenage fun has made
for some very awkward RP for folks that weren't expecting the trouble."

Ghed claims to Solus, "Eurus reworked them from scratch a year ago"

Arthur says, "First time I walked into the sewers Winry walked passed me and I felt extreme distress
at how fast they appeared."

Violet says, "As it comes to things like 'I am a priest I must know Davism' and 'I am a physician I
must know medicine'... really a fan of having a document you can control-f on the side, even if you
choose for your character to forget it IC"

Konaa says, "I understand the reasoning behind the change and it seems like the best way to address
it"

Konaa states, "If I have to make my alt 18 instead of 16 I'll live"

Winifred trails off to Arthur, "Like a shark I circle..."

Solus trails off, "Yeah, that's the reason I have the picture server - although we... really... need
to update the books..."

Temi nods at Konaa.

Solus states, "Lord, I'm NOT looking forward to that."

Solus muses, "When was the last time those books were updated? The 370s?"

Winifred states, "Honestly, barring very specific concepts starting below 18 isn't really overly
necessary"

Winifred says, "It's a habit I have from a previous game to start young, but that game also had
ridiculous timescales, so if you were away for a month you'd come back having lost half a decade of
your life"

Violet states, "I wrote the pain one in 384...? And the botany one a year or two after that. The
animal medicine one was recent, otherwise they're all old"

Solus claims, ":despair:"

Temi grins.

Violet declares, "I'm writing a new disease one though!"

Solus trails off, "Quick question for the staff. Do... do Physicians still have to write a book to
get promoted from Nursia to Physician..."

Temi claims, "Staff have no requirements on promotions of that sort"

Borya says, "Write a book"

Leta states to Solus, "Staff doesn't enforce promotion requirements, we leave that to the GLs"

Leta claims, "But it's certainly been the tradition that people who want to become Doctors do some
sort of big exam or thesis IC"

Konaa trails off, "I can't imagine medical journals got updated very often in the medieval era..."

Solus says, "Okay, just making sure. I've been hearing all this stuff about books, and now I get to
know it's just Borya bullying me because THIS TRIAL BY FIRE ISN'T ENOUGH APPARENTLY."

Borya claims, "Im not bullying you"

Leta declaims, "Write a case study about the plague!"

Borya states, "I got told to write a book so i told you to write a book"

Leta states, "I would give lots of QP and silver for that"

Viper ,taps Arthur. "You are Earl Marshal now. Any questions mail me in Mexico. On and you earned
it. Good luck.

Ikeala exclaims, "Writing more books is always awesome!"

Arthur claims, "I'd like to have one of those funeral promotions, make me Brigadier Lord Earl
Marshal as my friends weep over my grave."

Borya states, "I'm going to write a GREAT book about the plague and how we fought it"

Solus claims, "........... I'm going to write the book first."

Solus says, "YOU WERE SICK IN BED FOR HALF OF IT."

Konaa claims, "'Crying, it was mostly crying'"

Violet states, "I encourage the book writing bc it can rapidly make your character rich"

Violet states, "And it helps grid and whatever"

Borya says, "That just goes to show that i suffered through it"

Nospeedy says, "I've been meaning to make a book. But been sleepy"

Borya states, "I know both sides of the coin"

Solus claims, "I really need to talk to somebody about how making books happen on grid works, then,
because by the Lord's name I crave the coin."

Arthur says, "I should write about exploring places I really shouldn't.. like those hip new
youtubers."

Violet says, "I can tell you IC. But the answer is: you get a ledger. You write the book. You tell
staff, "hey, I wrote the book" --> profit"

Solus queries, "Wait, do the staff pay you silver?"

Temi states, "If you're doing it ICly"

Arthur says, "You get royalties whenever the book is bought I believe, if it's in a shop."

Leta states, "We give both QP and a silver payout to books that meet standards and would be sold or
available on grid"

Nospeedy claims, "Hey, its your boy. Exploringstupidpalces. Here I am in the deepest part of the
sewers and I see a being of pure sewage.. I am going to go poke it with a stick"

Leta nods at Temi.

Temi says, "There's still QP even if it's submitted on behalf of some NPC"

Solus states, "Heck yeah, books. I gotta learn how to book now."

Winifred states, "I want to write a book"

Solus says, "Also, I will say: I would TOTALLY read the 'Arthur plays Steve Irwin' book."

Leta claims, "Please write books"

Winifred claims, "'Winry's Guide to Surviving Southside'"

Borya says, "So all it took tom otivate you was money"

Leta claims, "They add so much to grid, we love them"

Borya states to Solus, "I see how it is"

Leta says, "So we reward them heavily"

Solus states, "I NEED MY GARDENS SOMEHOW BORYA I SPENT 2.5K SILVER ON MY PHOME"

Arthur claims, "Oh god.. I have to do the Arthur Irwin book, you're right."

Konaa says to Winifred, "Isn't that the tv series"

Viper pontificates, "Oi! What a bueaaaaatiful demon we got ere'! Crocky what a magnificent evil
entity we've found here folks!"

Winifred queries to Konaa, "What's a TV?"

Borya says, "LOL"

Arthur claims, "I'm going to have a Page write it down like he's got a camera on me, this is going
to be amazing."

Ghed states, "Sorry I'm a little buys IRL"

Winifred declares, "All good!"

Nospeedy says, "Mages going to invent TV and distribute it to the masses."

Temi says, "Did we have other topics to go over? Or we could wrap up. It is about time"

Viper claims, "Mgetube"

Viper states, "Magetube*"

Ikeala claims, "Seems like that's it."

Winifred exclaims, "No other topics!"

Konaa says, "All good here"

Solus says, "We're pogging."

Borya states, "Eepy"

Arthur states, "Avada cadavra"

Winifred states, "Visit me in my sickbed, I need the steal xp--"

Tomato claims, "Nope i just had that doozy"

Temi exclaims, "Okay. I'll go ahead and send folks back then! Enjoy your plaguing!"

Solus claims, "ARTHUR NO"

Winifred says, "ARTHUR"

Arthur says, "Damn we were supposed to all die"

• Information