June 19 Meeting Transcript

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

sippycup
Discord Handle: sippycup

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Eos claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times. "
Deedee says, "Who logged last week? it seems to not be up."
Lewllyn says, "Oh i posted in the wrong place then"
Eos muses, "We should be able to move it no?"
Eos claims, "Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon. If you would like to bring up a topic anonymously send us a tell with the text and we will present it for you."
Eos declares, "Staff updates! Salem first :)"
Salem says, "I refactored the code and implemented some features, that are still in testing."
Temi says, "Moved last week's log into the right place."
Lewllyn claims, "Thanks"
Temi states, "Lots of progress from what Salem has been saying! We should be busy little test helpers soon."
Hawali has lost link.
Lewllyn asks, "Am I still here too?"
Eos claims, "Yes"
Eos queries, "Temi next?"
Temi nods.
Temi states, "No huuge progress, but trying to help keep up on plots and requests. For the new craft this week, there's a lovely clay baking pot, and I've created another skill mini-quest, this curious little one here, to hang out in the Queen's Hall of History for city lore."
Temi gestures over at a little girl inquiring about the exhibits and nods to Eos.
Eos claims, "I've been busy with the plot, rpa'ing captures and sending out letters and playing the NPCs and posting rumors, yada yada. Thank you for everyone participating, it has been a great joy."
Sarathi states, "Thank you for the big event eos"
Eos has transferred GeeBee. [OOC]
Tasker claims, "It's been great so far :)"
Sarathi claims, "P.s. capture more animals to make tasker mads"
Tasker says, "Things to not do: This"
Temi gives a small wood tiger figure painted with a pattern of stripes to GeeBee.
Temi declaims, "Big thanks to Eos for an excellent plot so far!"
Eos bows.
Kitty says, "The plot has been fun."
Eos queries, "So, player heartbeat: How has the last week been for you guys?"
Tasker states, "Met a whole bunch of new people and I think I've truly back into the swing of things now. "
Cat states, "I dunno. I had real life kicking me and was sadly rarely on. the scene I had were very good. We have some really cool cyans about."
Temi claims, "Awesome"
Temi claims to Cat, "Less awesome"
Deedee states, "It sounds like a lot of fun, been really short on time this week unfortunately. :("
Temi comforts Deedee.
Sparkles says, "We have had a lot of new cyans about lately so that's always exciting."
GeeBee claims, "Good! Glad to see more cyans kicking about. :)"
Deedee claims, "Caught a cold, and super busy with work"
Temi says, "Love seeing great new cyans"
Temi muses, "Everybody making sure to recommend for the good scenes?"
Temi grins.
Eos questions, "Ok, player topics! Anyone got anything they would like to bring up?"
Cat states, "I got a topic."
Smoke puffs and Ghed steps out from it. [OOC]
Ghed coughs.
Eos questions, "Hey ghed, wanna give your update?"
Tasker states, "Ghed lighting up a big doober. "
Eos claims, "Isacs topic can go after :)"
Grim is idle.
Grim is no longer idle.
Grim has returned from AFK.
Ghed nods at Eos.
Cat states, "I wanted to remind people to not just avoid scenes. I saw people just walk into a room and back out or log in and immediately log back out. I would just like people to be more aware of it."
Ghed states, "I'm back after some exams. I passed them all, heh. Oh and I did Brotherhood thingies, love you guys, and phomes, and helpfiles, and minor puppets."
Lewllyn questions, "Could I ask a quick question about that?"
Ghed states to Lewllyn, "Yes chum of course"
GeeBee pontificates, "Cheers on passing exams!"
Lewllyn states, "Just been wondering how long to give people time to respond, without lingering too long lol"
Ghed says to Lewllyn, "Not a lot, I need to do many things."
Ghed says, "I mean I'll wait 5 minutes but not 20"
Drystan states, "If people just walk into a scene and walk out, that could be considered RP avoidance and might need to be reported to staff if you're seeing it a lot"
Lewllyn states, "Ok th"
Ghed nods at Lewllyn.
Ghed looks at Cat and hmmmmms, "Well, treat it IC?"
Eos has transferred Jaelyn. [OOC]
Drystan says, "Not to mention it is incredibly easy to type 'path -' and look into the room if you really want to be picky, and that way you aren't giving a giant 'frak you' to the people you've decided not to RP with"
Temi gives a small wood tiger figure painted with a pattern of stripes to Jaelyn.
Cat claims, "Like how? People I don't know don't talk to me? Arrest them all. Disturbance of peace. XD"
Kitty states, "I tend to treat it IC unless it's a situation where someone arrives right when I was already needing to leave. If I am already on my way out, I may not have the time to wait another full round before I can go, if IRL is weighing heavy."
Eos has transferred Gretchman. [OOC]
Ghed says to Cat, "Rumor"
Temi gives a small wood tiger figure painted with a pattern of stripes to Gretchman.
Temi nods.
Drystan states, "I think it's different if someone walks into a room, doesn't emote, and walks out VS someone walking into a room while you are leaving. And it's easy and polite to say 'hey i gotta go'"
Drystan claims, "As someone who has had someone LITERALLY close their client rather than respond to an emote I can say it's super rude"
Temi states, "If they are ICly leaving after coming in, it may not be RP avoidance, though it's more polite if you can throw at least an emote, maybe a looking around for someone specific, and continuing on"
Ghed wonders, "I think we have agreement, no?"
Ghed nods at Temi.
Anonymous is idle.
Anonymous is no longer idle.
Anonymous has returned from AFK.
Temi states, "Definitely don't drop connection on people to avoid RP with them though"
Cat states, "Yeah. I just wanted people to be more mindful. I'm not that broken up about it."
Drystan claims, "One of the helpfiles, I can't remember if it's policy or just RPculture, says to emote if you enter a room someone is in unless you are using travel"
Hawali has reconnected.
Temi says, "I think that's in help roleplay culture, likely"
Eos has lost link.
Eos has reconnected.
Kitty states, "Yeah, it's there: Unless you are mid-travel, don't walk through a room without an acknowledging emote."
Temi nods.
Temi claims, "Definitely the polite thing to do."
Jaelyn says, "Yes. At least emote walking through."
Temi claims, "I usually try to do a path - on traveling into a scene too, to at least get an idea of what I'm walking into before I commit to it."
Temi grins.
Temi states, "Though ideally not opening the door, peeking in and then changing my mind."
Kitty states, "I often path -, I admit."
Jaelyn states, "And if you are just popping in game to check stuff or something for a second and someone is in the room, drop an osay that you are checking stuff ooc and cannot RP if you cannot."
Jaelyn says, "Warning people when you don't have time is nicer I think."
Temi nods.
Ghed nods at Jaelyn.
Temi wonders, "Does that cover the topic for folks? Definitely a good reminder"
Jaelyn peers at the two npcs in the room curiously.
Eos muses, "Anyone else have a topic?"
Sparkles claims, "I have a small thing/thought. "
Eos nods.
Eos states, "Go for it"
Sparkles states, "Sending/Receiving mail is a big neccessity for a lot of things. And the mail system in TI is pretty unique compared to a lot of other codes/games. However, I've pondered there isn't really a prompt as a cyan about how to go about getting/receiving mail and so it's a pretty frequent visnet question."
Temi claims, "I think it may be in the ti-facts"
Sparkles claims, "I'm just wondering if while you are cyan and have facts on maybe the 'You have mail' prompt on login could also give a specific tip on how? Just a thought."
Ghed claims, "I like it"
Deedee questions, "Help mail doesn't cover it?"
Ghed says, "It's a bit daunting for newbies, I admit. I remember when I was one."
Kitty says, "HELP MAIL and HELP COURIER are both huge helpfiles."
Sparkles says, "Also neither give advice on a location."
Jaelyn states, "Is there a note in the helpfile about the fine you get for not registering a profile and using different couriers, I cannot remember? Its not much I admit but for new players who get hit with it on accident it can be a bit shocking."
Kitty says, "It took me months to realize I could stop paying for every single piece of mail I received by purchasing the courier thing that was FREE."
Cat states, "And maybe syou don't even know where the next courier on grid is. It can be nerve wracking."
Temi says, "I don't know that the fact system now is set up to give conditional facts at the right times at all"
Deedee claims, "Perhaps the best thing would be to make a getting started section at the top of help mail"
Eos nods.
Jaelyn queries, "Maybe add a list of couriers to the help mail helpfile or to help roster to help find them?"
Temi says, "Probably easy enough, if the newer folks think they would have seen something like that"
Eos says, "Like if we did a reminder on log in for cyans every time on how Mail works.... Oof."
Ghed nods at Eos.
Deedee sneezes loudly.
Eos says, "So improving the helpfile seems like the wiser option to me"
Drystan says, "I think it's not that hard for a new person seeing 'you have mail' and 'Mail: YES' on their score to come up with typing 'help mail'"
Drystan states, "And for those who are new to MUDs where that might not be as obvious, visnet is also very friendly"
Drystan eyes the giant red yes in his score knowing he won't pick up his mail today.
Anonymous claims, "When I see the big red YES, i feel like im in trouble for something. lol"
Sparkles says, "I think thinking of ways to get people more quickly involved/able to RP (and mail is a big part of that) helps to get people move wrapped into the fold so to speak. So however that manifests."
Ghed questions to Sparkles, "Does this address your concerns?"
Sparkles nods.
Drystan claims, "I think the helpfile update with WHERE to go should help newbies a ton"
Eos nods.
Jaelyn asks, "Visnet is friendly and I agree that helpfiles are the logical way of figuring things out. Thats where I look first. However there is no harm in updating and streamlining those helpfiles to be more effective I don't think?"
Deedee says, "Maybe just recommend one or two locations, and let them find others on their own"
Sparkles claims, "Town Hall Reception and Pigeon Courier likely are the most obvious/public."
GeeBee declaims, "I definitely agree putting a list of public courier locations would be helpful!"
Deedee states, "Like the town hall courier"
Eos states, "I don't disagree but would like to hear more concrete ideas on how to do that"
Eos claims, "(that was for jaelyn)"
Temi states, "The easiest way to streamline helpfiles is to take stuff out of them, but unfortunately, that doesn't help when what you needed was the bit that was removed."
Temi states, "So the balancing act on that is always a bit challenging."
Kitty claims, "There could be a part colored in bright cyan, or something, at the beginning that just gives what the newbies would need."
Temi queries, "Are there other helpfiles that need that kind of thing?"
Jaelyn claims, "My main suggestions are a getting started section at the top that explains a couple of the most public courier locations, how to set up a mail profile so you don't get charged everytime and how to receive your mail and send mail to others."
Eos states, "Yes temi"
Lewllyn is now idling.
Lewllyn is no longer idle.
Lewllyn says, "No i'm not"
Jaelyn claims, "Maybe a bit of reorganizing."
Temi claims, "Yes is not the correct answer."
Temi grins.
Temi says, "The specific helpfiles is the correct answer."
Jaelyn claims, "Those are just my little thoughts though."
Eos states, "I dragged a friend through chargen and noted down where he struggled, I'll have to go through chargen myself with that focus to remember what helpfiles might profit from that"
Deedee claims, "Also I think the 'no' helpfile was removed. kinda sad."
Eos nods.
Jaelyn says, "There was a no helpfile"
Eos states, "I like that"
Temi says, "Probably for the best, as I think it was mainly used for passive agressive assists."
Jaelyn states, "If that suggestion is helpful I'm glad. My thoughts are occassionally good for something."
Deedee claims, "I never assisted it, but was looking forward to the opportunity"
Jaelyn smiles
Temi says, "Well, if people see new folks struggling with specific helpfiles, definitely let us know."
Deedee states, "It seems the seeking helpfile may need some work"
Deedee claims, "Or rather, the helpfiles leading up to it. had a seeker who couldn't seek"
Kitty asks, "I assist help sandwich?"
Lewllyn looks around innocently
Temi queries, "Did anyone have other topics to go over?"
Kitty says, "And, I sometimes assist help think."
Sparkles queries, "Does the seeking helpfile let people know about the 'buyin' option?"
Jaelyn says, "I just want to say I'm looking forward to the Magebane party and thank you to those planning things OOC and IC. I'm looking forward to masked fun and reverly."
Jaelyn claims, "Revelry. I swear I did not start drinking early."
Temi grins.
Temi asks, "Well, whyever not?"
Eos wonders, "Do you guys wanna be sent back now, given we have no other topics?"
Temi claims, "Doesn't look like seek does now"
Jaelyn trails off, "Temi. I'm part Tubori part Vavardi. I solemnly swear I'm completely sober and free of sin..."
Jaelyn snickers
Sarathi says, "*cough* nonsense *cough*"
Temi claims to Jaelyn, "Well, there's your problem, mixing rum and brandy."
Deedee queries, "Does the buy-in option skip the requirements to seek though? because that was the problem"
Kitty has lost link.
Kitty has reconnected.
Deedee says, "Lack of helpfile and hooks"
Temi states, "Yeah, buy in is staff executed"
Temi states, "But those things should be done"
Temi states, "We can point out those things though"
Deedee nods.
Eos claims, "Well then, time to send yall back to your scenes"
Temi declaims, "Enjoy!"
Eos declares, "Thank you for attending and have a nice game!"
Eos trails off, "In 3..."
Tasker thumbs up