Log of OOC Meeting - 2021-01-30

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:11 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Ghed has lost link.
Ghed has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kuzco shakes his head.

Deedee nods in agreement with Kuzco.

Kinaed has transferred PraiseTheBolt.  [OOC]

Eos gives a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers to PraiseTheBolt.

Kinaed queries, "No topics? :)"

PraiseTheBolt holds a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers in her hand.

PraiseTheBolt pushes a tiny wooden cart back and forth.

Hawali claims, "None here."

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee says, "Nothing comes to mind."

PraiseTheBolt declares, "Cute!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, well. Let's kick off Staff Updates!"

Kinaed states, "Last week, I think I handled one policy case. That was about it. On my desk - I'm trolling through previous OOC Chats still, putting together Staff Talking Points and other topics for consideration, and running Staff Meetings on some bigger items."

Kinaed states, "I recently did a spec for an event scheduler and I still have Turf wars on my plate :)"

Kinaed has transferred Tasker.  [OOC]

Kinaed states, "That's it for me at the moment."

Kinaed rolled 1d4 for a pool of: 3.

Eos gives a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers to Tasker.

Raspberries muses, "Have the event scheduler spec on paper for us to see?"

Kinaed states, "Next is Salem :)"

Kinaed says, "I do, sec."

Tasker eats a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers 

Kinaed has created the Event System spec[10].

Anonymous says OOCly, "Oh my god"
Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)the Event System spec

Anonymous claims, "You ATE MY CART"

Salem claims, "I did coding things. Irl is exploding brb."

Raspberries picks up the Event System spec.

Salem has gone AFK.

Tasker says, "Hungy"

Sparkles gets the Event System spec.

PraiseTheBolt gets the Event System spec.

Kinaed says, "Please feel free to write personal board messages to me with ideas or feedback on that."

Anonymous gets the Event System spec.

Eos gives a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers to Tasker.

Gaiseric says, "I don' think that's edible friend. Though I sympathise."
Violet gets the Event System spec.

Baklava gets the Event System spec.

Eos claims, "Do not go hungry, child"

Kinaed says, "I don't think I've tried to sell it to Eos and Salem yet, so there's plenty of time. We need this for some of our marketing stuff."

Violet wiggles the Event System spec about. "I MATCH!"

Baklava says, "Ooooh~~"

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee gets the Event System spec.

Kinaed rolled 1d3 for a pool of: 3. 

Kinaed says, "Temi :)"

Kinaed declaims, "You're up!"
Temi grins.

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Temi states, "Been pretty busy at work, but I've been doing some requests and things, and continuing to work on the skill mini-quests, and I started a crafting lesson for Eos and Ghed"

Kinaed smiles.

Sparkles says, "Nice."

Kinaed rolled 1d2 for a pool of: 2. 

Kinaed says to Ghed, "You're up :)"

Ghed states, "Hey guys. This week I rekeyed all 35 evicted phomes, restocked the auction randomizer, changed a shop ownership and processed requests and recommends. I also helped someone to deal with an unexpected NPC thief, lol. Plus I ran a short scene involving a priest and a mule."

Ghed claims, "Temi has been teaching me and Eos how to do new crafts, so there's that. I'll be repopulating the Real Estate agency's phomes for sale this coming week, work on some pricing balancing issues, and, if I have time after that, I'll begin poking at the Roster."

Ghed states, "I hope you all had a good week."

Deedee questions, "Any mini-quests for medicine or herbalism yet?"

Temi states, "Nope, not yet.  Only one that's actually in game for testing is that stealing/lockpicking one."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Deedee exclaims to Ghed, "Thanks for the work! I'll be curious to browse the real estate board"

Temi states, "Though I may pick another to do a test that's a little more open"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ghed smiles.

Eos muses, "Shall I go, since Salem had to leave?"

Kinaed asks, "Has anyone come across the steal/lockpick one yet?"

Kinaed states to Eos, "Yes, go ahead. I think Ghed is done :)"

Ghed nods.

Eos says, "Not much this week, irl has been kicking my ass. Some testing with Ghed and Viridis, some small player requests. I'm gonna take a look at contests and at IP spent being displayed on projects so you know where you're at. Also building a snowman recipe under Temis patient instructions."

Deedee claims to Kinaed, "No one would probably admit it here. ;)"

Kuzco says, "Omg thanks"

Temi claims, "You could have seen the object without using it."

Kinaed says to Deedee, "Fair. :)"

Hawali states, "Haven't seen it. Sounds rad."

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's all for staff updates."

Kinaed says, "Firstly, a big THANK YOU to Staff for the hard work this week."

Salem has returned from AFK.

Ghed smiles.

Eos starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Raspberries muses, "Does the snowman use the snowbanks like the snowballs recipe?"

Kinaed states, "You're awesome, and it's great to see the new team getting a groove on."

Temi nods at Raspberries.

Eos aborts writing her note.

Raspberries questions, "Will snowbanks auto-load now? or do staff still have to?"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, now to my personal favorite part of OOC Chat - Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone this last week, folks? Anything shitting anyone that we ought to at least know about?"

Temi states, "Might add the snowbanks to the restock system.  But they won't auto-load yet."

Raspberries nods.

Baklava says, "Very excited to get started. And got a lot of stringing done/planned. Productive week."

Deedee claims, "Too busy IRL, but was happy to induct a new student physician"

Anonymous claims, "My project finished, and a big thank you to everyone I scened with about it"

PraiseTheBolt says, "Too busy irl as well sadly"

Kinaed nods.

Tasker claims, "Still trying to get back into things! Had a few scenes with some new Knight people which was cool."

Hawali says, "I've been away and working a lot. Have pulled in a few scenes here and there; need to get craftier about reaching out to folks I don't have an -immediately- visible reason to RP with."

Kinaed claims, "I think that may be the case for a lot of us. In Australia, several people are physically going back to work."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Tasker muses, "Work... like in the beforetimes?"

NotNaomi says, "I've just been tooling a lot of stuff this week when RL isn't being dumb"

Kinaed questions to Hawali, "Have you gotten familiar with matchmaking hooks?"

Kinaed states, "It's a newer system, not sure how much uptake people have had with it though."

Kinaed nods at NotNaomi.

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kinaed says to Tasker, "We've gone a month with no local transmission in Australia, so many of our offices are re-opening, etc."

Kinaed claims, "Maybe not Australia, might just be my state."

Tasker says, "Nice! My local survival militia has just taken over the local tesco's supermarket for the last tin of beans in the county so things are looking good here too, so long as the beans last."

Hawali claims to Kinaed, "I've been getting to know the matchmaking code. I still though... after all the time I've spent here, end up needlessly anxious every now and then about trekking into uncharted territory."

Baklava states, "Oh man. You guys can get back to work normally? We've had our first week of curfew just now. So many riots... It's scary.."

Kinaed grins at Tasker.

Anonymous states, "The what now"

Anonymous says, "Local militia"

Kinaed comforts Hawali.

Hawali states to Tasker, "Haha."

Kuzco claims, "The supermutants are growing restless down here"

Eos finishes her note.

Kinaed says, "I'm hoping Tasker's rehashing his last Fallout New Vegas session :)"

Anonymous says, "Here in Florida, things are the same... it's too humid and the crocodiles attack dogs."

Raspberries states, "Crocs gotta eat"

Kinaed nods.

Tasker states, "Simply eat the crocodiles "

Baklava says, "Crocodiles must thrive a bit more, now that more Florida Men have to stick to social distancing, self-isolating, and stuff."

PraiseTheBolt claims, "It snowed and that made me happy, otherwise its all the same."

Sparkles states, "Well now I feel all odd interjecting with this but I already had it typed."

Sparkles claims, "Matchmaking is great. Even if you can't scene with that person right then in a moment it provides a bit of a reminder about stuff you could talk with them about later. Though ... sometimes I do ponder if like cnotes it gave bonus for updating them might encourage keeping them more up to date, etc."

Anonymous states, "As a Floridan Man, I can tell you that none of us stick to social distancing or self isolation"

Anonymous claims, "Except around Fort Lauderdale."

Eos finishes her note.

PraiseTheBolt states, "I'd also like if both people get the same matchmaker hook so they both get rewarded for rping with each other"

Kinaed nods thoughtfully.

Violet claims, "I would too, Praise-- then both people would have an incentive to give things a try."

Kinaed states, "The problem with both people getting the hook is that we wanted people to be able to back out gracefully."

Deedee claims, "I've thought it might be better if you had to accept the matchmaker like the RP quest system"

Kinaed says, "And it might offend people if both know someone got a hook and a person doesn't want to take it up"

NotNaomi states, "Updating cnotes counts as writing them, in terms of rpxp gain"

Deedee states, "I often get a matchmaker QP without even realizing I had a match with them"

Kinaed nods at NotNaomi.

Baklava questions, "How would that work? Would the other person get a ping like 'Joe has accepted a matchmaker hook with you. Roleplay with them in the next X hours for a Quest Point'?"

Kinaed grins at Deedee.

Kinaed says, "Theoretically we could just send the same message to both parties "Kinaed has an RP Quest with Temi. RP with her in the next 3 hours for a QP" or somesuch"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Only notifying them when the other person accepts - rather than still rejectable - could be interesting"

Kinaed states, "I still think it'd cause a bit of a kerfluffle if Temi accepted the request and I, for example, logged right out."

Sparkles claims, "That happens now though."

Hawali claims, "Maybe the matchmaker code should send a notify ping. :P"

Deedee claims, "Happens now, but the logging out person doesn't know they've been matched to someone"

Temi claims, "Right, but it doesn't feel like because they know who is coming for them"

Temi nods.

Violet has lost link.

Violet has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "It happens now without the person on the other end knowing that there was a match."

PraiseTheBolt claims, "What if we leave the notify as is and when they meet thats when they get the notify that both of them get qp"

Sparkles says, "I also ponder at times if making the 'hook' be going to a certain place might be interesting as well."

PraiseTheBolt says, "Or even leave the notify as is and still both of them get qp"

Temi states, "That could be interesting"

Temi nods at PraiseTheBolt.

PraiseTheBolt pontificates, "Ohhh i love that! Location hooks!"

PraiseTheBolt finishes abruptly, "Rp in the queen's inn! send it to multiple people - bam "

Hawali says, "Ooo."

Baklava questions, "Isn't that already possible via the invite system?"

Deedee muses, "How about uncommon places rather than the usual?"

PraiseTheBolt claims, "Sparkles you're a genius"

Baklava says, "Though, of course, not for QP."

Temi nods at Baklava.

Anonymous pontificates, "Visit the Grand Nave in the Cathedral for blood sacrifice and demon sum- I mean hymns and prayers!"

Temi claims, "I think the talk was about getting people more rewards"

Baklava states, "Or wait. Not Invite. There.. was a command to send a game-wide ping.."

Baklava nods.

Temi states, "Notify rp"

Deedee claims, "Message"

Deedee says, "Or that"

PraiseTheBolt states, "Notify rp but that doesnt gain qp"

PraiseTheBolt states, "And id rather have like an automated location based matchmaking hook since notify rp rarely gets used"

Kinaed muses, "I'm losing a bit of track... can someone summarize where this idea is at right now so I can jot it down?"

Raspberries claims, "I had another thought."

Sparkles claims, "Matchmaking hooks to go to locations as well as match with other players."

PraiseTheBolt states, "And the matchmaking hook is sent to multiple players."

Gaiseric is idle.

Baklava questions, "Then I do hope a location-based matchmaker does also feature lesser-visited places, or allow players to submit their own places to be added, if they'd for example want their cafe or shop added to it?"

Hawali says, "Or, to tag multiple people with a location, omitting the character names."

PraiseTheBolt states, "Answering notify rp calls could also gain QP."

Sparkles states, "Depends how hard the list might be to maintain with that, Baklava, given turnover, but yeah."

PraiseTheBolt claims, "That would solve what you wanted, baklava"

Baklava states, "Fair enough."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, I've written all of that down for Staff Talking points and to be hashed into something. Thanks everyone!"

Raspberries claims, "It might be interesting to have an OOC daily quest to RP in a location, that shows up for everyone on login."

Hawali claims, "Ooo."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed states, "I'd love to see what kind of Daily Quest activities we can give people."

Kinaed claims, "But I'd like them to be meaningful and fun stuff for as many people as possible as opposed to ho-hum stuff."

Raspberries queries, "Like brawl in the bear and boar?"

Kinaed has transferred Quartz.  [OOC]

Deedee queries, "So like, a location and an activity?"

Sparkles nods.

Hawali claims, "'Grease-fire in the kitchen at the Queen's Inn', 'Counterfeit coins rolled out at the First Bank of Lithmore last week -- check all your gold stores.'"

Kinaed claims, "We were just talking about maybe making a daily 'local hotspot' RP quest for people where they could get some bonus for RPing in a randomly chosen location or something."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Eos gives a miniature wooden cart filled with colorful fabric flowers to Quartz.

Kinaed states, "I kinda like the idea of current events, but omg, we'd need a lot of ideas before people got sick of grease fires in the local kitchens :)"

Raspberries grins.

Sparkles says, "Well ... some of the current pvents could be worked into things, in theory."

Sparkles ponders.

Baklava nods.

Hawali claims, "Tell me where to submit an' I'll get to cracking."

Kinaed claims, "I'd probably start with a generic "Today's RP Quest Locale is: The Queen's Inn" earn 300 RPxp in this room today for a QP."

Temi states, "But not always the Queen's Inn - more varied places."

Temi grins.

Kinaed wonders, "I can put together a forum post for people to submit local events?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries nods.

Hawali nods enthusiastically.

Violet questions, "Speaking of-- is there a list somewhere of all the current pvents? And could players help by brainstorming and submitting some new ones? "

Raspberries says, "I'd like to see some less common locations instead of the usual"

Temi says, "A place where there's more likely to be people for the day is a nice incentive to start with"

Kinaed states, "There is a list of current pvents that I can post, sure"

Raspberries says, "I could probably compile- oh, that'd be easier"

Temi states, "Not a player visible one. Maybe a forum topic under the ideas"

Kinaed states, "I can post the current pvents on the Forums for players to see"

Temi states, "It is expandable without new code, as long as you don't start wanting new variables"

Sparkles nods.

Violet pontificates, "A forum topic would be great!"

Kinaed says, "Happy to add pvents with player suggestions. Would love to see 'Current Event' possibilities that we can link into locale quests."

Quartz hugs Violet.

Sparkles says, "I think that would be amazing if all the different things worked together."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Violet declaims, "<3!"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'll reply to this OOC Chat log post with the list of pvents."

Quartz claims, "Or like special ones, that are only available while a story is up or whatever"

Kinaed nods at Quartz.

Kinaed claims, "I think it'll take a little bit of thinking, but we should be able to work something out."

Sparkles says, "Some for some of the holidays that are less celebrated would be super cute."

Kinaed queries, "Do people actually use pvents?"

Baklava nods.

Deedee states, "Sometimes"

Kinaed says, "That's great to hear. :)"

Baklava says, "I have. There's definitely a few fun ones."

Kinaed questions, "Have people found RP using the Invite code recently?"

PraiseTheBolt says, "Rarely use pvents"

Deedee claims, "I often forget to bring up the pvent when I do accept one and seek out RP though, something else always comes up lol"

Kinaed nods at PraiseTheBolt.

Sparkles says, "I haven't been using it as much, Invite."

Temi claims, "But... easier to accomplish ones without fancy extra stuff.  So starting off with just pvent ideas that can always apply, at least to start, even if expanding it is good eventually"

Kuzco is idle.

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee says, "Invite doesn't work for me much"

Baklava wonders, "Do pvents look for a PC's class or something?"

Kuzco is no longer idle.

Quartz claims, "I haven't been back long enough to play with invite."

Kuzco has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "Pvents are designed to facilitate RP, so there's no requirement that you actually use the pvent provided - if you accept and just go RP, you'll get the QP and no one will be questioning why you didn't use the exact pvent on offer, btw."

Temi states, "I do think we should set it up so public areas of guildhalls work at least."

Kinaed nods at Quartz.

Deedee nods at Temi.

Kinaed comforts Deedee.

Deedee claims, "Most of my usage before was in ghalls"

Temi says, "For variables, we currently have 'a random person off the player's familiarity list' and 'the player's race'"

Baklava says, "It's a great tool for inviting someone over for their medical check-up, joining the audience of a play, going over a commission, etc."

Baklava states, ".. in a ghall, yes."

Kinaed nods at Baklava.

Sparkles claims, "The audience thing wouldn't work, unfortunately."

Hawali says, "The difference to me, here, is that a pvent shoulders the full responsibility of seeking out other people for RP on my shoulders. When activity is low, it's a little tougher to pull that off; not everyone is responsive and available. Tying character/player interest to a location prompts anyone getting the ping to focus on being there, with a reason to be there. Then RP can overlap."

Sparkles nods.

Deedee states, "I'd like if invite was a IC tool rather than OOC one"

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Kinaed states, "I agree, I think it's a fantastic idea."

Baklava states, "Keep in mind you can always roll a pvent, even if you can't earn QP for it, for some spice on an intro into scenes/RP."

Baklava states, "Just a reminder. It can be quite fun."

Raspberries nods.

Raspberries has the worst headache she has ever had.

Temi says, "You could send a messenger and when they receive it, add an immediate invite"

Deedee claims, "That's what I do currently"

Kinaed says, "The harder part for me is getting the current events, like there's a kitchen fire in the Queen's Inn, rahter than 'just go to the queen's inn' - but I feel like that's something we cna just start. Randomly choose a room in the game that has the 'public' flag. Tell everyone that it's the Daily RP Bonus spot."

Kinaed claims, "Come up with the 2nd layer of how we'd do actual current events later."

Sparkles nods.

Deedee says, "But I'd like it to actually send a messenger, and not break if either you or the receiver is in a scene"

Sparkles claims, "I think the first one could/would help get some RP churning. The second layer is nice but just 'provide a default reason for people to go RP' would be great."

Kinaed muses, "Figure out what a good, desirable daily bonus might be. A QP? +1 RPxp level?"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed wonders, "Maybe a daily contest for 'who had the best reason for showing up to the Queen's Inn, let's vote' and give that guy a QP?"

Baklava says, "The RPXP level might be too short a bonus, unless it actually manages to linger past the first RPXP check/reset."

Gaiseric is no longer idle.

Violet claims, "Voting sounds hard"

PraiseTheBolt claims, "QP for sure. rpxp, well, lots of people are oldies so I think they dont care that much about xp anymore"

Baklava claims, "Voting sounds like it really complicates things."

Hawali says, "If there's a game-targeted RPXP/QP bonussed room-of-the-day, rumors are a handy way to drum up a 'why', for whoever hits the mill fisrt."

Kinaed nods at Baklava.

Baklava muses, "Huh? Who doesn't need RPXP?"

Temi says to Baklava, "Could just be an extra rpxp level in that room all day"

Raspberries states, "I think to start, just compiling a list of interesting locations would be great"

Baklava states, "Improve. Assets and resources. More retainers. More clothes."

PraiseTheBolt states, "Old players"

Temi claims, "And I don't"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Violet claims, "I'd be a fan of both 1 QP for folks who gain RPXP in the scene and an extra rpxp level in that room."

Kinaed asks, "Any reason that just using any public room wouldn't be fine?"

Anonymous states, "I can say that I generally don't care much about my xp gain anymore"

Kinaed queries, "And let people submit rooms to be flagged public?"

Raspberries claims, "A specific theme for each would be difficult and might feel forced"

Quartz declares, "I like the idea of both as well! I need all the qp for all the fancy flowers lo l"

Sparkles states, "I think public rooms would be great."

PraiseTheBolt claims, "If we do events then we do need a list of locations, else theres a grease fire in park street"

Kinaed says, "The quest could be 'earn 300 rpxp in the Quest Locale, and you get a QP'"

Baklava claims, "I'd vote QP, too. Has more general uses, and RPXP naturally comes from good RP as is."

Temi says to Kinaed, "Well, some public rooms aren't available to all.  Like the Bluebird doesn't have free access to commoners"

Kinaed claims, "Getting into the Bluebird isn't that hard."

Baklava says, "Mmhm, and then there's like blocks when Race Relations is low and such"

Raspberries nods at Kinaed.

Temi nods at Baklava.

Quartz says to Temi, "But there are plenty of place about that are rarely used, that would be easy for all to be there."

Baklava says, "So you may get trapped in the Farin quarter"

Kinaed states, "You can literally bribe your way in yourself if you don't get someone to group you in, follow a troub in, etc"

PraiseTheBolt claims, "Oh or race xblock places"

Sparkles claims, "There are ways around most of those things IC."

Sparkles states, "One way or the other."

Ghed states, "You can always escape from a race xblock"

Quartz states, "My first thought is Saint Thea's has a tea/chocolate sale for all."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Baklava says, "But those ways aren't obvious or listed anywhere."

Temi finishes abruptly to Quartz, "Right - I'm saying that as a reason for not randomly selecting any random public room"

Kinaed nods at Quartz.

Baklava says, "I know a lot of new players have never known they can actually slip past those"

Quartz claims to Temi, "Oh... right.  :)"

PraiseTheBolt didn't know until she was told.

Anonymous muses, "Slip past what, the race xblocks on the foreign quarters?"

Sparkles says, "True, but if you start saying 'everyone doesn't know X' "

Baklava says, "For example, yes."

Anonymous trails off, "Well. That is true, but there are some obvious and not so obvious ways past them..."

Kinaed claims, "I think it's best to select any random public room because it's quicker than putting together a list, and probably more comprehensive in terms of serving the joyful 'let's explore and find an out of the way place' needs as well"

Raspberries states, "For a while, the tubori block actually threw people into southside which was funny"

Baklava states, "^"

Baklava says, "You could also get stuck on the walkway to the Klein"

Ghed claims, "Gotta go."

Ghed leaves in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Sparkles claims, "Worse was when it let you in but not back out."

Raspberries states, "I had an alt that was stuck in the old burning tubori quarter"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, we have the idea - and I think Staff think it's a great one. We just need to hash out some specifics, so it'll go on our talking points board with a link to this OOC Chat log so we don't lose any ideas."

Kuzco laughs.

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed questions, "With about ten minutes left to the OOC Chat... anyone have anything else they want to discuss? "

Sparkles states, "I have something, but I'll shush if someone else has something."

Kinaed states, "I have something, but you go first :)"

Sparkles muses, "I know this has likely come up before, but ... as it came up when reading over the Event Scheduler. Could we look at/relook at ... at some point the idea of being able to mail a Guild list with IC mail like you can OOC pboards?"

PraiseTheBolt says, "Thatd be so useful"

Kinaed states, "It's on our backlog :)"

PraiseTheBolt says, "Omg"

Violet says, "Yessss"

Sparkles says, "Okay, nice."

Kinaed claims, "Well, that actually directly leads into the thing I wanted to let everyone know :)"

Deedee questions, "Will it be a flat cost to mail a guild?"

PraiseTheBolt says, "It would hit the retired ones too which i keep missing. when guild mail could pull people back in."

Kinaed states to Deedee, "I think it was. We need to find it."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed claims, "Our backlog is currently 186 items, give or take a few floating around in other places besides the official backlog."

Temi says, "Bug 139"

Hawali states, "(On that topic: I did join the big massive MUD Discord server, and they've got a whole channel devoted to MUD events. If we can hop that train, may be our golden ticket to new passeng-- I mean players."

Kinaed says, "We have a new programming team."

Deedee states, "Should make a note that only letters should work with it. I think if you sent a package that way it'd be duplicated"

Eos questions, "Which server? Would you share?"

Sparkles claims, "Packages work different than mail anyways."

Kuzco has been transferred out by Kinaed.  [OOC]

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I don't think you can mail a package to multiple people"

Sparkles says, "Ah, no, and it requires the package anyways."

Hawali says, "My computer is mad buggy. Try this on for size: https://discord.gg/RkCKkdpP"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, we have a list of APIs that Event Scheduler needs to link to, and I think Discord is on the list"

Kinaed makes sure

Kinaed states, "Okay, so backlog."

Kinaed says, "Staff have decided that it's unlikely we'll ever get through our 200ish backlog items, so we plan to purge it in a week. BUT! We don't want to purge every last thing."

Kinaed says, "So what we're planning to do is go through it and ruthlessly determine if we're excited about something, if it's super useful, etc, and cut out a lot of chaff."

Kinaed says, "This is where players come in - we need to know what is most important to you. We've been gathering your ideas for yreas."

Hawali claims, "Sounds reasonable. Like cleaning off a dirty desk so you can actually function."

Kinaed states, "So what I think I might do is make most of the bug board visible to players."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Kinaed states, "I'd like players to look at those bugs and let us know any of the backlog that you think is super important."

Baklava asks, "How does anonymity work in bug boards? Sometimes you have to submit stuff that betrays you, for example, are a mage or BCG"

Kinaed says, "There is no anonymity on the bug board, sadly."

Eos says, "Make an anonymous board and we can copy it over"

Temi states, "I wonder if we can make any staff-created ones public, and then leave the player-initiated ones as is"

Kinaed states, "I suppose we can move the ones we're opening to everyone to anonymous"

Baklava states, "I'd raise that as big point of concern, in that case, much as I do like it."

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Baklava nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "And you can bounce your own bug if you think it's still important"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, we won't open player initiated ones."

Kinaed claims, "Or maybe I'll copy them over as if they came from me or something. I dunno. We'll keep anonymity in mind, specifically for mages and coverts."

Kinaed claims, "It'll be a small portion of what's there."

Raspberries says, "Might be easier if it were posted to the forums instead"

Temi states, "More work for staff"

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, we'll open up as many of the bugs as we can (some might not be appropriate because they could show inner code workings for things that are intended to be 'unknown', but most should be transparent enough)"

Kinaed states, "I'll handle this today."

Kinaed has time today.

Temi claims to Kinaed, "You have a list of other items"

Kinaed says, "I'm done with two of the four."

Kinaed states, "And I can do this one."

Temi nods.

Hawali states, "Sounds like a good fresh start."

Raspberries has a feeling that stone-skipping won't make the cut.

Kinaed claims, "The plan is that we'll give players a week to absorb or let us know of anything super important to you guys. Then next Staff Meeting (likely next week), staff will go through and do a purge."

Eos says, "Please let us know if there are things you want to keep, so we can make sure to keep them :)"

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Temi queries, "How shall we take player input?  Edit the note?  A separate note with your top 3 things?"

Kinaed states, "I think the best way to let us know is to edit the post with "I like this""

Sparkles ponders.

Sparkles asks, "Sometimes ... could some of the ideas be implemented in ways that don't require hard code changes?"

Salem says, "I would suggest no discussions on those boards please."

Temi says, "Rarely"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Generally if they can, we've already done that sanity pass."

Baklava muses, "Wait. A purge of what? Suggested ideas/implementations?"

Kinaed nods at Salem.

Temi says, "Some of them could be done more simply"

Temi nods at Baklava.

Kinaed claims to Baklava, "Game development backlog"

Temi states, "We have a huge stack of specs and fixes that we took on at some point."

Kinaed says, "Our bug board is the list of a 180+ things that we planned to do, that we never got around to"

Temi says, "But... we'll never do them all."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Baklava states, "Capiche. A week may be a bit short, given some established players may not attend this meet and need a few days to catch up on the OOC log. Maybe make it two weeks, and remind people next OOC meet? Just my slice of pie, of course."

Raspberries claims, "Theif stuff should take first priority imo."

NotNaomi declares, "Baklava isn't pie!"

Baklava states, "Can always get the ball rolling next week, and take a few more submissions over the course of the following week."

Baklava smirks.

Kinaed nods at Baklava.

Temi says, "It's probably a lot of reading."

Kinaed says, "I'm happy to let the purge happen in 14 days rather than next week."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "It is a LOT of reading"

Kinaed claims, "And you don't really need to do it."

Baklava readies the reading glasses.

Kinaed claims, "I think I'll go with Temi's suggestion - Please Personal Board Staff (and other players if you want) with your top wants from the list."

Kinaed states, "We'll consolidate them, if you can please specify any bug titles, that'd be best. I'll write an Announce Board post on how to do it"

Kinaed wonders, "We're over the top of the hour - anyone want to discuss anything further or add anything quickly?"

Anonymous states, "Just another thank you to everyone who helped with my first project"

Kinaed smiles.

Gaiseric is idle.

NotNaomi exclaims, "Event thing after this!"

Raspberries claims to Kinaed, "I'll let you know as soon as I get the chat log up, so you can append the thing"

Violet exclaims, "Spring Faire!"

Tasker says, "You're welcome"

NotNaomi nods.

Kinaed exclaims to Raspberries, "Thank you!"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, everyone! Please enjoy the Spring Faire :)"

Deedee pontificates, "Oh yes, a funeral after this. please come! :)"

Kinaed says, "Thanks for coming to today's OOC Chat."

Hawali waves.

Quartz pontificates, "I will be there after I am done playing drug dealer at work!"

PraiseTheBolt waves.

Raspberries waves.

Kinaed pontificates, "I hope to see everyone next week... brace yourselves for transfer!"

Deedee waves.

Last edited by Taunya on Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm

As promised, here is the current list of pvents:

pvent list
VNUM EVENT
1 $n just didn't get enough sleep last night.
2 Luck seems to be on $n's side today. Everything that could go right, w
3 Someone just flirted rather unexpectedly with $n!
4 Somewhere, somehow, $n mislaid something embarrassingly personal.
5 The seams of $n's favorite outfit ripped!
6 Deja vu. $n's experienced it thrice today.
7 A passing carriage splashed mud all over $n's clothing.
8 $n received a disturbing letter today; a relative has died.
9 $n suffers from a bad hair day; nothing $e does gets it to look quite
10 A snake slithered into the bushes as $n passed this morning.
11 $n saw a shooting star last night.
12 $n heard a rumor about the death of an old woman who spoke a prophecy
13 $n saw an owl today; someone is sure to die soon.
14 $n's candle flared blue at midnight, and $e was so startled that $e dr
15 $n dreamed of salutations from a dead friend last night.
16 $n was swooped by a bat!
17 A cat as dark as night crossed $n's path.
18 $n heard a raven croak from $s neighbor's roof.
19 $n witnessed an embarrassing argument between strangers.
20 $n realized today that $e forgot to do something important...
21 A snake slithered into the bushes as $n passed this morning.
22 $n heard a song that just won't get out of $s head.
23 $n was chased down the road by an angry goose.
24 A shopkeeper was horrendously rude to $n when $e went into their shop
25 $n's been doing an awful lot of thinking about $a lately.
26 $n has an epiphany.
27 $n got an unexpected letter in the mail.
28 $n was struck by a thrown stone today whilst passing down the street.
29 Sand or some other invisible debris has blown into $n's eye, and $e ca
30 $n ponders what it really means to be $c.
31 $n has the unmistakable urge to partake in $s favorite indulgence.
32 $n recently experimented with something a little dangerous.
33 $n got lost somewhere embarrassing recently.
34 $n encountered a patrolling Knight on the road whilst traveling, and w
35 $n narrowly escaped a mugging!
36 $n encountered a Troubadour busking on a street.
37 $n encountered a beggar in a wealthier part of the city.
38 $n was taunted by a foolish street urchin and $s friends.
39 $n was the victim of a prank.
40 $n lost $s keys and cannot find them anywhere $e looks.
41 $n found something in $s last meal whilst eating.
42 $n has seen the same Inquisitor hanging around recently.
43 $n has the worst headache $e has ever had.
44 It's just been one of those days. Anything that could go wrong, went
45 $n slept so deeply, $e woke far later than usual.
46 A rat bit $n whilst $e was sleeping in the night.
47 $n saw something interesting in the stained glass at the cathedral.
48 $n is just recovering from a serious bout of food poisoning...
49 $n heard someone talking about how much fun it was to take a friend an
50 $n saw someone with an interesting looking library book recently; it m
51 $n found $s milk inexplicably sour this morning.
52 $n has had several cryptic dreams of late.
53 $n found something interesting in an unexpected place this morning.
54 $n witnessed something that upset $m a great deal recently.
55 $n seems to have acquired a nasty spider bite.
56 $n lost money in a recent deal.
57 $n was recently mistaken for someone else.
58 Someone canceled last minute on $n, putting $m in a real bind.
59 $n heard an interesting rumor.
60 $n had an inappropriate dream about $a last night.
61 $n stepped in mud that engulfed $s entire foot.
62 $n notices that $s hair is due for a trim.
63 $n was approached by a hawker trying to push goods upon $m recently.
64 Nightmares! $n awoke drenched in a cold sweat with the most horrific o
65 Someone unexpected visited $n, leaving $m disturbed.
66 $n stepped in something foul on the street.
67 $n purchased food (or a beverage) from a vendor that was simply awful.
68 $n purchased food (or a beverage) from a vendor that was amazing!
69 An animal stole $n's food and took off with it while $e was attempting
70 A dog growled at $n as $e passed by it.
71 $n stubbed $s toe badly on something left out where it shouldn't have
72 $n left something behind which $e had to go back to retrieve.
73 $n received a notice in the mail that $e owes an obscene amount of mon
74 $n heard that a distant family member was ill today.
75 $n received an unexpected compliment from a social superior.
76 Today, $n was treated badly by a member of the upper class.
77 $n found a shiny coin on the ground.
78 Someone uninvited showed up to an event of $n's.
79 A long-lost friend recently contacted $n via letter.
80 $n saw an amazing piece of art.
81 $n found a new favorite book.
82 $n read a book that would have been better served as kindling.
83 $n saw someone dressed extremely inappropriately.
84 $n encountered a beggar sharing an interesting story about how they en
85 $n had a weird conversation with a child.
86 $n saw their neighbor doing something interesting.
87 $n won a board game.
88 $n lost a board game.
89 $n saw some children playing a children's game.
90 $n smelled the delicate odor of delicious food whilst out and about.
91 $n overheard a conversation that reminds $m that it's been awhile sinc
92 $n has new neighbors.
93 $n noticed a new business nearby.
94 $n discovered something is not what $e thought it was.
95 $n has run out of some essential supplies.
96 $n seems to have gained some weight.
97 $n seems to have lost some weight.
98 $n's home requires some maintenance.
99 $n accidentally dropped something on $s way home.
100 $n spilled a pouchful of coins.
101 $n was hit by bird droppings.
102 $n confused someone else's possession with one of $s own.
103 $n was followed by a stray animal.
104 $n was followed several streets by a beggar.
105 $n recently felt as if $e was being followed, but couldn't lay eyes on
106 $n did something $e should probably confess.
107 $n's past is catching up with $m somehow.
108 $n craves a taste of home.
109 $n overheard someone making a snide remark about $s fashion choices.
110 The weather has made some of $n's plans inconvenient.
111 $n suspects that someone has been dishonest with $m.

• Information