Log of OOC meeting 2020/06/07

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Titan Valkyrie

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Condensation claims, "Worried my logging is still bonked. I'll run it on the side, just to test, for future logging purposes."

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates

- Player Heartbeat

- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed claims to Condensation, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed claims, "No one wants to register a topic? Wow, slow crowd today - must be because we had 9 topics last week. :)"

Kuzco says, "Just minor things."

Kinaed questions to Kuzco, "Shall I jot your name down?"

Kuzco claims, "No, it's small stuff that I've alredy brought up before."

Venamelia states, "All I have would be a small note."

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Jennifer states, "I have a minor thing as well."

Kinaed states, "I'm having trouble discerning who wants me to put their name down. So far, I've got Venamelia and Jennifer."

Sparkles says, "I have a small topic or thinking point."

Kuzco laughs softly, "Not me, not me."

Kinaed states, "I've got Sparkles now too."

Philly says, "I have a small thing as well."

Kinaed says, "Great - pre-write your stuff. Kuzco, you can chat with me after if you like."

Kinaed adds Philly.

Kuzco states, "I'd be delighted."

Emere states, "Someone starts and they all get rolling."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Emere.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's kick off staff updates."

Condensation crosses their fingers, hoping there'll now be dragons.

Raspberries trails off, "There's something resembling dragon bones somewhere on grid..."

Kinaed says, "For the life of me I can't remember what I did last week. Pretty sure it wasn't much - sorry about that. Azarial isn't here, but you would have all seen the rollout of the new jobs system. Work is busy for me, super busy. On my desk still - Turf Wars."

Kuzco states, "Indeed."

Kuzco queries, "Jobs?"

Temi claims, "Slightly changed version of blackmarket"

Puck says, "Updated blackmarket."

Condensation says, "Ah yes. The job boards! And HELP JOB now linking to the respective helpfile."

Deedee says, "Rebadge of the blackmarket"

Kuzco says, "Oh right."

Kinaed claims, "Niamh also isn't here today, but she left me a status update: Update for the meeting: Oodles of phomes built or updated, typos fixed, recommends processed, and made progress on a long-term building project. "

Condensation says, "Very helpfyl to now have 'HELP JOBS' actually talk about that stuff. Good job."

Emere wonders, "What's Turf Wars?"

Kinaed states, "It's nice to see the rebadge has seen an increase in use."

Kinaed gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Jennifer muses, "Wait there are job boards?"

Kinaed gives the Turf Wars Specification to Emere.

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Emere examines the Turf Wars Specification.

01: (Temi) Overview

02: (Temi) Syntax

03: (Temi) Command Explanation

04: (Temi) Messaging

05: (Temi) Extra Features

06: (Temi) Calculations

07: (Temi) Screen Mockups

08: (Temi) Population

Raspberries muses, "Long-term building project? *pictures the Vandago skyline*"

Kinaed states, "Yes, check them out! It's no longer the black market unless you choose to make an anonymous post."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Emere claims, "Can I have this after the meeting? Saves a lot of cutting out."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Something like that. Maybe exactly like that."

Errisar says to Emory, "Can I look at that when you're done with it? I'm not sure what it is as well."

Raspberries rubs hands.

Kinaed nods at Emere.

Temi states, "It's not really a board like an IC board, but that kind of a system"

Kinaed has transferred Yinadele. [OOC]

Temi states, "You can grab your own"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi gives a solemn, little tin fashioned to look like a formal coffin to Yinadele.

Condensation states, "A rumour system, but for work or jobs, deliveries.."

Nothing found to give.

Emere gives the Turf Wars Specification to Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "There are Turf Wars specs on the floor here for anyone who wants a read to grab and keep."

Kinaed gives the Turf Wars Specification to Emere.

Deedee gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Yinadele gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Raspberries gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Raspberries flips the Turf Wars Specification into the air, and catches it as it begins its descent.

GandalftheGrey gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Errisar gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Kinaed states, "There is also a 'feedback' thread on our forums for people to leave their thoughts and replies about the spec."

Kinaed has transferred Venge. [OOC]

Temi gives a solemn, little tin fashioned to look like a formal coffin to Venge.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, that's all for me and the two absent staff. Temi, it's all you :)"

Yinadele opens a solemn, little tin fashioned to look like a formal coffin.

Sparkles gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Temi says, "Okay! Mostly just keeping things going with plots and requests and such. But I did add a couple new herbalism recipes for the gunk."

Deedee declaims, "Yay for gunk!"

Kinaed states, "Gunk. It loves you too. :)"

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "And I opened up a new contest for Charali racial perspectives."

Kinaed declares to Temi, "Thanks oodles!"

Raspberries claims, "Excited to see that, and looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with."

Temi declares, "Please consider submitting some suggestions for some easy QP!"

Raspberries went overboard.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Wimpled says, "Rasp, you were so quick."

Kinaed has transferred Murrmurs. [OOC]

Emere wonders, "Can I see examples of those somewhere?"

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Can we get the forum link said here?"

Condensation states, "HELP LITHMORRAN PERSPECTIVES, for example, Emere."

Temi gives a solemn, little tin fashioned to look like a formal coffin to Murrmurs.

Raspberries trails off to Wimpled, "I was maybe writing them for a few weeks..."

Condensation claims, "I love the Lithmorran view on the Tubor.."

Kinaed grins.

Wimpled says, "I figured you had to have a file, Raspberries, to have beat me that quickly."

Kinaed laughs.

Temi muses, "viewtopic.php?f=8&p=15592#p15592"

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Is that all for Staff Updates?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "Great work, thank you Temi."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, let's move on to Player Heartbeat! How was the game for you this week, everyone?"

Kuzco says, "I'm enjoying the Pax Acatsia"

Venge exclaims, "It's been great! Tons of amazing rp everywhere"

Condensation says, "Had some really fun sparring sessions. Cheers to those partaking."

KHARONYX claims, "It was pretty good."

GandalftheGrey states, "Been pretty good"

Kinaed claims, "That's very positive to hear. :)"

Kuzco says, "Seems the Order has been busy bees"

Sparkles states, "I admit I had a so-so kind of week."

Venamelia trails off, "Ohh... utterly hilarious at times :D"

Emere states, "Still used to roleplaying as quickly as possible so everyone taking their time is a constant relief. Guilds confuse the brain out of me."

Errisar says, "I am just getting back in after more than a year away. I had some good RP scenes in the inns, but nothing big. It's been overall pretty slow."

Philly says, "Busy! Quite busy."

Deedee declaims, "I've been too distracted with RL worries, but enjoyed when I've been able to play!"

Kinaed claims, "Just a reminder to people posting rumors - when you promote a rumor, please REWRITE the rumor the way it might happen if you were playing a game of 'telephone' instead of responding to it."

Kinaed says, "We've had a couple of newer players recently who didn't know that's the way you play the rumor game on TI."

Deedee queries to Emere, "What has you confused about guilds?"

Condensation says, "I actually imagine that happening in the Queen's, at times.. The NPCs sharing gosisp like the telephone game, good analogy."

Temi nods in agreement.

Puck exclaims, "(Welcome back, Errisar!)"

Kuzco loves to further convolute ongoing rumors.

Temi states, "It should 1) be able to stand on its own as a little story, 2) be about the subject of the rumor. Other than that, pretty free reign."

Errisar declaims, "Thanks, Puck!"

Emere states, "I've been thrown on a wild goose chase trying to join one, get the feeling people ain't interested in having someone join. "

Kuzco questions, "Is that so?"

Kuzco claims, "That's really not cool"

Condensation states, "I have a comment or question about that, actually, guild-seeking as a cyan, but I'll inquire after it after the meet."

Errisar states, "I'm with Emory. It's been difficult to join, and I have been trying all week on my main and alt."

Philly declaims, "Emere - I have still not received mail from you!"

Temi states, "More likely to be a lack of time among the leadership from what I've seen before, especially for certain guilds."

Kinaed states, "That's unusual. I think we have a few people from the guild you're seeking in the room. Touch base with me after and I'll follow up with the GLs to see what's happening."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

KHARONYX states, "I don't think that is the case -- but I understand why you might feel like it. You might wish to send mail to-- yep."

Sparkles claims, "Also consider a pboard? They might just be hoping to catch you online but it isn't quite working out time wise without planning."

Kinaed claims, "Note: Joining guilds is obviously a fun part of the game, but it's not necessary, and guilds aren't obligated to take new members just because people want to be in the guild. They're a bit exclusive, so it may take some time."

Emere queries, "I was told to write to some people and I wrote to them. One of them arrived at least, maybe funked up the other? "

KHARONYX claims, "Bear in mind some of the GLs might not be willing to step in until you exhaust the other GLs related to what you wanna pursue."

Yinadele states, "If you feel comfortable saying what guild, I mean, I'm also willing to help on my IC character if people aren't reaching back out to you."

Raspberries says, "It took several OOC months for my last character to join a guild"

Kuzco states, "That's a problem not a feature"

Raspberries says, "Well, there was RP around it"

Yinadele states, "I haven't found a guild necessary to RP but pursuit of it can spark RP."

Emere says, "Aye. This character's profile is made based around joining the Order. Was told to find someone for a sponsoring, only one I talked to went kinda. The convo was strange to say the least."

Raspberries pontificates, "Let's not get into IC details here, Emere, but good luck with it!"

Kinaed claims, "The Order is one of our larger guilds at the moment. It may have been a fluke."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Emere says, "Aye, sorry! I'll keep me mouth closed on it."

Kinaed claims, "Touch base with me after - you can send me a tell - and we can discuss further so I can suss out if any support is required, or if it's normal-esque."

Condensation queries, "That could still be a good hook to seek out another member, though. Say you were left with some questions or uncertainties etc.?"

GandalftheGrey has lost link.

Raspberries nods.

Anonymous says, "There are only 5 orderites and 4 knights compared to 10 physicians, 12 merchants and 11 troubadours"

Philly says to Emere, "I never received anything from you, unfortunately :( But I did ask guild members to specifically to seek you out."

Emere states, "I'll try and get in touch with you in-game again. Sorry about the derail there."

Temi claims, "Staff don't require sponsorships between knightly and priestly paths be kept different, by the way."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Condensation questions, "You mean a Knight would be okay to sponsor a future Cleric, and vice versa?"

Temi says, "So if the guild has issues with people to support that, you may want to rethink any limitations about who can sponsor."

Condensation says, "Cleric, errr.. Clergy.. Sorry, prepping tomorrow's DnD.."

Kinaed nods at Condensation.

Temi claims, "The guildleaders are allowed to request specific requirements, but from a staff point of view, they aren't necessary."

Kinaed says, "Code-wise, the Order is a single guild."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

KHARONYX claims, "Of course. I just don't want to step on the toes of other GLs/the actual clergy until they've been, you know, exhausted :). I think the rest of the Knights would agree."

Kinaed nods at KHARONYX.

Kinaed states, "Fair enough. Okay, I think the Order is aware that Emere's seeking now on the whole. "

Kinaed says, "We have a few people with topics, so we should move on :)"

Kinaed questions to Venamelia, "Shall we start with you introducing one of your topics?"

Venamelia pontificates, "Rumors, I have seen and watched some rumors see replies that are just plain insults in recent time in particular. Quite frankly, it is silly, it only removes the rumor for a day and wastes everyone time reading it. Plase be mindful about actually making spins and not just plain insults to get that single IP. It fits in what was already mentioned on making sure they are properly new spins, of course, but the insults do raise a brow. And it was just this, no other topic for me!"

Kinaed says, "I don't mind insults in rumors, provided the rumors are rewrites of what was already put forward, in-line with the rumor title."

Kuzco states, "Yeah. You cut out all the rich content of the rumor just to state an insult."

Venge states, "I've noticed a lot of really awkward promotes to, but I think that falls back to what you mentioned kin, with people not quite understanding rumor policy."

Kinaed claims, "Philly's topic was also rumors, so they've been asked to be removed from the waiting party."

Kinaed nods at Venge.

Philly states, "I think you can make the promote super sassy, but it -needs- to actually retell the topic of the rumor"

KHARONYX says, "I don't really wanna comment on this particular topic but I will agree with Kuzco that many themely rumours got removed because of a reply being just an insult and nothing else."

Kinaed states, "That's why we raised it :)"

Philly states, "It is disappointing that good rumors get removed because of one bad reply"

Sparkles says, "As a reminder, the other way to address rumours your character isn't a fan of if it's not a policy issue is ask Bards to help them go away or to spin things in a better direction."

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Did we remove the whole rumor or just the last promote?"

Kinaed states, "Please be aware that rumors disappearing aren't always, or even usually, staff interference."

Jennifer claims, "Yeah, that's that the bards are there for. Gossip management."

Kinaed states, "People can quash them, for example."

Temi says, "Just the promote, but they can be gone for a day or two until staff can review"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

KHARONYX claims, "Oh no, it just told me straight up it was reported and could not be accessed when I tried to look at it."

Venge declaims, "I do want to say that i've noticed a ton of great rumors and promotes as well and those are always a ton of fun to see and read!"

Temi claims, "And a lot do get bashed into quietness by bardic attention"

Kinaed states, "Then it's 'removed from view until a staff member can review it'"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Then we remove the promote and re-release it back into the wild."

Venamelia declaims, "Replying with a two line that comes down to an insult is... meh, when the other text is several lines long. You can mix up the entire rumor, X was mentioned, Y is called a fornicator, why not suddenly say that X and Y suddenly fornicated together! It brings a joyous mess to the rumors sometimes >_>"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Anonymous states, "I have a small thing about rumors I'd like to ask"

Kinaed wonders to Anonymous, "Yes?"

Anonymous queries, "Why do we lose access to the rumor when quashing it? Isn't quashing actively refuting the rumor? So I understand that we can't promote it or quash it again, but we can't even monitor it to see how it changes over time"

Kinaed states, "I'm happy for staff to commit to removing rumor promotes (and even rumors) that are just an insult. I mean, insulting is fine, but a rumor should actually be about something."

Yinadele muses, "Could Cyans get an extra prompt when adding to rumors, perhaps? Something like 'Are you certain your reply contains the information in the rest of the rumor topic?'"

Kinaed states to Yinadele, "That's a good idea, taking it down."

Yinadele says, "And you just his y to post, n takes you back to the polca."

Yinadele says, "Hit*"

Temi states, "If you say 'That's utter rubbish! Stop talking about it!' then people will stop telling you that."

Temi grins at Anonymous.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Maybe should be a reminder to everyone - one of the people doing this wasn't a cyan"

Anonymous pontificates, "Hrm. I still want to be able to see it!"

Temi states, "And we would rather people spin things than quash them away."

Condensation says, "Don't see how that would ever be a bad thing. Kind of like how the Wii always reminded you not only to stretch efore your telly, but also outside. Everyone can benefit from tiny reminders."

Temi claims, "So it was a sort of incentive... if you want to be involved in the rumor rather than just make it go away, promote instead of quash."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Could remove quash if we want to force that."

Venamelia exclaims, "Spinning is a lot more fun, yeah. Rumor 1 is gonna last a very long time :D it is a wildfire!"

These are the rumors Emere has heard:

Num Known Circles Cost Subject

001 No Gentry, Merchants 10 Wedding bells not ringing?

005 No Gentry, Nobility 6 Singing in the Grand Library?

006 No Public 6 Nobody Died at Southside's Festival!

010 No Public 7 Knightmare bested!

011 No Gentry, Troubadours 7 Patron of the Arts

012 No Freeman 3 Almshouse job(s)

013 No Nobility 3 Norrig's Lawfulness Project

014 No Public 3 Buy Now, Before Prices Increase!

015 No Public 3 Tailored Help?

016 No Public 8 For the Senses

018 No Brotherhood 6 Special Mushrooms?

019 No Gentry 7 Bureaucracy

020 No Public 10 Physician on Fire?

021 No Public 3 Called back home

022 No Public 3 Departure

023 No Public 8 A New Priestess!

024 No Public 10 Global Mayhem

025 No Public, Public 3 help with cooking ingredients

026 No Freeman 3 Rebranding the Southside Clinic?

027 No Freeman, Merchants 4 The Grand Magnate hates Freemen

028 No Public, Public 6 Drugs

029 No Public 6 A Grand Brawl!

030 No Public 5 New Banns posted.

031 No Public 3 Shadows return!

032 No Public 4 Reminding About Confessions

033 Yes Public 5 Safe Mister Wiggles!

034 No Public 3 Surprises in Southside

035 Updated Public 8 A new shadow hunter

036 No Public, Public 3 Southside's selling RATS now!

038 No Public 3 Arrest in the Queen's!

039 No Public, Public 3 A New Cafe and Rations?

040 No Public 3 Departure

041 No Public 3 Paarin Park Cafe Opened?

042 No Public 3 The hunter becomes the hunted

043 No Public, Public 3 Dogs for sale!

044 No Public 3 The Cluttered Cupboard's Magebane Masks!

045 No Freeman 3 Southside Almshouse Seeking Artistic Visionary

Temi nods.

046 No Public 3 A Grizzly Quarry

047 No Public 3 Holy Justice!

048 No Public 3 a new acolyte

049 No Public 3 Ab Destronni's Cooking Adventures

050 No Public 3 Departure

051 No Public 3 Departure

052 No Freeman 3 Almshouse Supplies Stolen?

KHARONYX says, "I think one thing to note about rumors also is that if you're not specifically promoting your own character's view, bear in mind it has to be something that any person in the city could and would be willing to say."

Anonymous says, "The problem is that if you promote it, you make it stronger and longer lasting. So there's no way to spin it AND reduce its strength"

Jennifer says, "Oh no don't remove that. Then you can't use bardic influence to make it go away."

Kinaed nods at KHARONYX.

TI-FACT 31: Lost and want something to RP about? Try to roll a pvent using the pvent roll command. You never know what you'll get, and it's quite fun! [See HELP PVENT]

Philly pontificates, "You can still use bardic influence to spin it!"

Jennifer claims, "Yeah agreed. You can't reduce it's strength."

Temi says, "We know some people value the ability to get rid of them, but it's not necessarily the primary additorto RP"

Kinaed says, "To Kharonyx's point - rumors have a circle related to them, so you should write the rumor the way people of that circle woudl talk about it."

Jennifer says, "Right but spinning it just makes the rumor stronger. So there's no way to like make it go bye bye."

Kinaed claims, "Rumors do fade out of the system naturally over time, just don't reply and it will fade."

Venamelia claims, "(pay bards to spin a rumor about you onto someone completely else, because with my fleeting interaction with bards recently, I feel that I learned to appreciate them MUCH more.)"

Philly states, "It can get to a point where people don't know the OG topic, Jennifer. Or to a point where it spreads the story you -want-."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think we have to move on for the purposes of time - the next person up is.."

Condensation claims, "It sounds kind of counterproductive to squash everything that tickles your chest in the wrong way, while it could instead promote more RP. Conflict is RP whereas things being forgotten about isn't, but aye.. it shouldn't just be name-calling and insulting without being about the original topic."

Condensation nods and covers their mouth.

Kinaed wonders to Jennifer, "Won't you introduce us to your topic?"

Jennifer states, "Can it though/ Given that you're supposed to retell the original topic of the rumor? But sorry okay moving on."

Jennifer claims, "Yes baby wall coming through."

Jennifer says, "This is just a gentle reminder, that walking in to a room, posing once and just sitting there till you go idle, isn't conducive to rp. I've seen this quite a bit over the last couple weeks. Where someone walks in, shoots off maybe one pose, then just sits there. And it's very hard to engage them in rp, because they don't pose at all, till they idle out, or just randomly walk out. So just a gentle reminder. That is all."

Kinaed says, "That's definitely behavior that, while technically okay by the rules, will earn a person a bad reputation and make people avoid RPing with them."

Jennifer says, "And I'd like to add, this wasn't just a once or twice thing. Because I do under rl gets in the way. This has been like a pattern of behavior with certain people."

Jennifer claims, "Understand rather"

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Kinaed claims, "Let me know who after, that way when I get the inevitable complaints of 'but I can't find RP' I can tell them why."

Kinaed trails off, "That was a quick one - okay, next is..."

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "You're up :) Please introduce us to your topic? :)"

Deedee asks, "Are you engaging them? Sometimes I go in, set an action wait for a round, pose, no one responds to my pose, and it's difficult to go from there"

Kinaed claims, "I got the sense from the commentary that she has attempted to engage them."

Jennifer says, "No trust, I purposely try and interact with them, and almost nearly get nothing. Trust, I engaged, before even contemplating bringing this up"

Deedee nods.

Sparkles claims, "I have a related comment to Jennifer, which is we also have folks putting conditional clauses in their emotes like 'they might not be noticed' and when people then opt not to notice folks are going a bit mean in osays. I've had a few bristles with osays this week. Likewise, I've noticed a bit of snark in some various channels and folks seem to kind of be encouraging it. That's one half of my concern.

My other is about group scene RP."

GandalftheGrey has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's do the first topic first, then I'll check who is next, and if we have time we'll do the second one."

Deedee says, "Conditionals might work better when the hidden emotes inside emote thing goes in"

Anonymous states, "I sometimes use conditionals in hemotes, because it depends on the person perceiving it"

Temi claims, "I don't think conditionals are a problem at all."

Temi says, "But it would be a problem if you weren't okay with either option."

Yinadele asks, "I feel obliged as someone who goes 'my character melts into the background unless addressed' in many group scenes that I hold no OOC ill will or issue with being ignored as a result and to tell everyone I love them???"

Kinaed claims, "So, to me, the big issue there is people getting snarky OOCly. If someone wasn't RPing with me, getting snarky isn't a way to get them to RP with me, so it's a bit like cutting off my nose to spite my face. That I invited it in the first place with a conditional emote is just a bit of a little add-on."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Venamelia claims, "When I know that a character is especially wise, or strong, I sometimes do use the "may notice" or "likely notices", never as an offense, but just to give a little bit more to consider who they are and to reflect their stats on the interaction more, or previous history with the character when the own character changed in personality/demeanor, immediate impression."

Kinaed states to Yinadele, "I think a lot of people are like that and do that."

Condensation claims, "Makes me feel attacked there. I like to think, when I enter a tavern in say the late afternoon, I can emote how I enter as 'juts one of the several working class joe's'."

Kuzco claims, "Seeing lots of snarkiness on osays, visnet, and OOC channel."

Murrmurs is idle.

Kinaed states, "They just don't get upset when people take the option not to engage the character."

Murrmurs is no longer idle.

Murrmurs pontificates, "Some options there for codifying are things like asking for wis/int rolls!"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Sparkles claims, "Yeah, the bigger concern here is the OOC snark, honestly."

Murrmurs states, "Options are there for codifying* rather"

Condensation states, "Ahh, okay. My bad."

Murrmurs nods with spark.

Venge states, "I'll +1 on osay snark. There's been a LOT of what felt like really unecessary osays"

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Kuzco, "Right - which I say the snarkiness is the problem, not the conditional or people making a choice about it"

Kuzco says, "You don't like a race, a social class, or a guild, that's fine, keep the hate IC puh-lease."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed asks, "So, as a group, what do we think should happen if people are getting OOCly snarky about RP?"

Kuzco states, "We're adults. I don't wanna go tug at your skirt and cry foul, Kin."

Yinadele states, "I think it should get pboarded to staff in general just so it can be added to record, personally."

Kuzco claims, "I can ask politely to shut the hell up once, twice, maybe thrice. But that's it."

Sparkles says, "I mean, personally, I'll start muting people."

Kuzco declares, "You can mute people?!?!"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco eyes around for Tasker.

Philly states, "Damn. I need to mute people."

Jennifer sneezes loudly.

Venamelia states, "Haha"

Kinaed states, "You can ignore other players, which makes all of their OOC stuff invisible."

Puck says OOCly, "With love and respect and no shaming behind this, I think we all need to wear our big kid pants when playing. Maybe take the OOC chat pact more into RP."

Puck states, "Dangit."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Murrmurs claims, "Ignored, Puck."

Murrmurs claims, ";)"

Murrmurs agrees, though, in seriousness.

Puck says, "Nobody likes to feel ignored but we've got to champion ourselves a bit. I'd be MORTIFIED to learn I offended someone but I also understand it can be hard to say "Hey, that felt rude, please be respectful" or whatever."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Venge states, "Most of the time it's not... bad. just feels unnecessary or ill-timed, particularly in large scenes which are already incredibly hard to follow (which is wehre most of my gripes have been)"

Puck nods.

Kinaed says, "I think people should stand on their own with this one as, no offense, but 'being an asshole' isn't against policy up until it's ruining the game environment on a large scale."

Kuzco declaims, "Yeah! I'm the living proof od that!"

Kinaed states, "But we do ask that people be OOCly respectful of one another, so being snarky will get a hairy eyeball."

Kinaed hugs Kuzco.

Kuzco squeals in spanish.

Venamelia claims, "I already get a bit oof for visnet and ooc in a one on one scene since I throw text walls at people regularly. Group would make it even more upsetting with osay snark :<"

OOC channel is now ON. Please do not discuss IC information OOCly.

Sparkles says, "Be snarky IC! If you want to peanut gallery a big event, make a join spot and heckle to one another in the corner."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Condensation states, "Large scenes feel very difficult, yeah.. hah.. I'm quite happy all I've been in have gone without much osaying at all, see how thta can not only ruin the flow of RP but start to kill the moods of the partaking players.."

Kinaed states, "I'm pondering if I should increase the cost of the use of the osay command based on the number of people in the room."

Jennifer claims, "Oh please don't"

Kinaed chuckles.

Jennifer says, "That's like chucking out the baby with the bathwater"

Murrmurs states, "I disagree, they are too often the only way to sort out issues."

Venge says, "A lot of times it's super necessary to be fair kin. Espec without tells as an option."

Jennifer states, "Only because sometimes it's genuinely used to clarify rp and with no tells, there is no otherw ay"

Philly says, "Ah. I'd prefer you don't, because sometimes it is really needed for logistics."

Kinaed claims, "That's why I wouldn't remove them completely."

Kinaed claims, "But if they're costly, then people would be far more careful about not just cracking jokes, for example."

Venge says, "There just tends to be like an unecessary 3-4 lines sometimes which are completely unrelated to the issue at hand."

Jennifer claims, "But if you raise it, it makes it that much more difficult. We don't have tells, so like there literally is no other way to ask for clarification, or give clarification."

Philly claims, "Without tells, sometimes the only way to really coordinate something without hours of pboard spam is to get folks into a room and have 5 min of osays."

Murrmurs says, "It would punish players with little XP pools who are most likely to not know better, but wouldn't impact established anyway."

Venge claims, "What he said"

Condensation claims, "I do believe that wouldn't be much of a cost to people who might've already been RPing and around for very long, but could actually hurt lower XP players trying to just ask for clarification or smth"

Kinaed claims to Murrmurs, "Now that is a good point."

Puck says, "If you're really made uncomfortable by someone, please do report it because if you keep it to yourself and/or commiserate with your OOC buddies, you're just breeding unnecessary negativity. There's a really good, old thread about it... will see if I can find. But it boils down to your perception is only one angle of a whole truth. It's awkward to address it, to politely ask someone if they realize they're being a turd."

Jennifer claims, "Philly has a good point too."

Kinaed says, "Albeit cyans do get free osays, period."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Venge claims, "Everyone in a room with a cyan too Kin. Which is a godsend."

Errisar nods.

Kinaed nods at Venge.

Venamelia says OOCly, "Yep! Every rpxp counts for me >_> Now I am glad there is no RPXP counter that tells me how much I spent on osay."

Condensation claims, "I mean after Cyan, you probably still won't have a lot of XP to spare."

Sparkles says, "Also if you increase osay costs, we'll get more pboard spam I think."

Emere pontificates, "Can I hand in a ticket for an extended free osay period? I pretty enjoy that with my general lack of xp!"

Murrmurs muses, "Would it be possible for editing notes on pboard to not echo to rooms?"

Kinaed says, "Pboard spam doesn't rate on my radar of stuff that's annoying broad swaths of people."

Puck asks, "Can people turn osays off?"

Venge claims, "I think it's something which only affects people who get a lot of pboards kin."

Murrmurs claims, "Deafen, Puck"

Wimpled queries, "The problem brought up doesn't seem to be that people are cracking jokes and breaking up people's RP experience. It sounds like it was people being mean to each other in osays if things aren't going there way? "

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Murrmurs, "Possibly, but it's good info to know someone is in a note - that's odd though, because I thought people couldn't write OOC notes while in RP"

Murrmurs muses, "Err... Does deaf block osays?"

Puck states, "Maybe add that if not and if you use them somewhere that someone isn't seeing them, you get another big red notification."

Philly claims, "People write OOC notes in RP quite often, to my understanding."

Temi says to Kinaed, "It may depend on the size of RP"

Condensation claims, "Mmhm, correct Philly."

Venge says, "I think you are thinking of Quiet Murmurs"

Kinaed says, "I don't recall about if deaf blocks osays. We probably should make sure all of the 'communications control' help files specifically lay out what they block and what they don't."

Venge says, "I'm Quiet certain of that reading the helpfile"

Puck states, "I'd be down for seeing that someone is in a writing buffer when I look in a room, but I don't feel the OOC alerts as they enter and exit an editor are necessary."

Deedee says, "It could make things difficult if you can't write/edit notes while in RP"

Kinaed states, "Okay, as Philly has withdrawn their topic because it was also about rumors, Sparkles, we do have time for your other topic."

Venge states, "Oh crap I misread"

KHARONYX is idle.

Philly states, "I'd definitely prefer not to see when people enter/exit pboards in RP"

KHARONYX is no longer idle.

KHARONYX has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "The reason OOC Boards used to be blocked while in RP was because of the seeing people entering-leaving spam, but also feeling that given the way editors worked, it was important to alert people that someone was in the editor."

Kinaed states, "I'm not certain when they were unblocked, probably a decade ago."

Yinadele questions, "Why is it that everyone sees whenever someone is writing a pboard/cnote?"

Yinadele states, "It seems like really unnecessary OOC info to room-wide broadcast."

Condensation queries, "Oh.. A perhaps minor question slash suggestion, if I may?"

Temi says, "Because that person can often become less responsive"

Wimpled says, "I'd rather not see it. If someone is going to be in the editor for a long time, they can AFK or alert via osay, otherwise it'll probably be handled before it's their turn to pose again. "

Temi states, "Or may miss things."

Yinadele claims, "The messages are much more intrusive to RP than a delay and have a bad vibe psychological effect."

Kinaed claims, "The editor is a different 'mode' of TI that has delicate implications for the server - we used to be less stable of a game, but as a result of needing stability, some commands are blocked while in the editor. For example, I'd be surprised if you could move or initiate combat, etc"

Kinaed states, "And yes, also warning that they may be unresponsive. But it also means they can be taken advantage of because they're missing their full suite of commands."

Venamelia trails off, "I think it is better seeing it than not to. That way you know what is up over just standing there, ten minutes, twenty minutes..."

Kinaed says, "I think if it's to communicate with people in the room, osays should be adequate."

Murrmurs muses, "I think... It's particularly intrusive. Noting in editor in room could be a nice middle ground?"

Murrmurs says OOCly, "Reminder that (At)(Tilde) lets you emote/osay out of editors!"

Wimpled says, "If time in an editor is going to take 10+ minutes then they should leave the scene or AFK."

Kinaed says, "Honestly, I'm surprised that people are even able to engage the note system while in RP, and it bothers me that people can and do."

Venamelia claims, "I already get generally upset when I wait ten, twenty minutes for an exit emote that is one/two lines because they could not afk/iaw command it to let me know they are away :<"

Venge claims, "I cnote in scenes occasionally. I'd hate to lose that ability."

Kinaed says, "Cnotes don't alert the room."

Murrmurs claims, "Oftentimes it's used for coordination or hashing out alongside scenes, Kin, in a less intrusive manner than osays that fill rooms. Esp in larger scenes."

Wimpled claims, "What Murrmurs said."

Kinaed states, "In RP, osays can do that. Out of RP, boards are just fine and don't disturb anyone."

Wimpled states, "I'd also hate to have to wait several minutes after a scene to be able to use notes because my RP flag hasn't turned off yet, it's already a hassle with retainers."

Deedee claims, "Seems if cnotes don't echo, then notes shoudn't need to either"

Temi claims, "Also, it's not just pboard notes for communication, but things like bug reports too"

Venge claims, "Personally I think this is more a pain point on pboards not really being designed for some of what it's being used for these days, with tells gone."

Condensation asks, "Can I quickly pitch this question or suggestion before we run out of time? I hear someone mention retainers again, it"

Venge sneezes loudly.

Jennifer claims, "I agree with venge"

Sparkles claims, "My other thought was just about group RP scenes. Like what to do about the dreaded 'holding pattern' and if folks had any ideas about that."

Venamelia says, "Imagine writing in a public room on a note and someone walks in and pickpockets you. Then it is either abandon an entire cnote or forfeit the item without being able to reply."

Puck questions, "'holding pattern'?"

Condensation states, "Hold--"

Condensation just tilts their head curiously

Venge claims, "Yeah i'm a bit lost on that one too sparkles"

Philly queries, "Holding pattern?"

Kuzco claims, "I just keep emoting."

Wimpled says, "Same as Kuzco"

Anonymous says, "A holding pattern is an aviation term for when planes are in a queue to land."

Yinadele claims, "I assume when nobody is quite sure what post order is. I think it's better not to respect turn order TOO hard in group scenes unless there's an osay request."

Anonymous states, "<--- is a pilot"

Venamelia muses, "Probably about the event last night when connections did not seem to want to play along and people waited?"

Kuzco <--- is a llama

Philly <--- is tired.

Puck asks, "You don't need to keep to turns unless someone has used the turns command, right?"

Wimpled claims, "Correct."

Kinaed says, "Correct."

Murrmurs <--- Is a weathermurr

Condensation questions, "I kind of felt the waiting going on there was mostly just because a lot of the audience kind of could only do one thing, so we were just waiting for it to proceed?"

Errisar says, "That's good to know. I sometimes wait a few minutes for someone to take their turn, so it's good to know that I don't always have to."

Condensation claims, "Continuing to just emote is the way to go, though. Turns, schmurns.."

Puck grins.

Venge states, "Personally I don't view it as an issue? It happened there sort of because it was a semi-scripted event but... yeah. After we got some clarity as to what was going on I believe people started emoting pretty quickly."

Emere says, "Had no idea about turns. I just reply to someone right away."

Venamelia says, "Sounds like I will need to mandatorily turn command it whenever I enter a room then, with my textwalls :O"

Philly asks, "Also paging people if they're not replying and you want to check they're around?"

Puck states, "I do pop osay apologies when I feel like I've put in too many emotes since the last time I saw someone else say something, but that's more to be sure they aren't feeling steamrolled."

TI-FACT 32: 'Tell log' will make tells into the 'replay' buffer to view at your convenience. This is useful if you lose tells from Staff whilst traveling or in combat. [See HELP TELL]

Murrmurs exclaims, "Noting that Jmotes can happen outside of a room-wide turn order bit too!"

Condensation claims, "Agree with Venge there. After three sermons, I do not hold it against any audienc eto have bcome a bit less active about their chalice-signs or dipping of the head. The connection orders were lucky amended very well as someone else stepped in :)"

Temi states, "I also have a different mental model for turns depending on RP type and room size. In a small group, maybe 3-4 people, I try to make sure at least most of the group emotes before I do again, and I insert before someone else, I don't do it for that same person again."

Venge states, "There tends to be a 'soft' turn order in scenes in general just because it makes things easier on everybody but it doesn't NEED to be held up as dav's will unless the turns command has been used. And again, Jmotes where appropriate."

Puck nods at Temi.

Temi states, "For large groups, like parties, I try to take turns just within the small group I'm interacting with."

Temi claims, "For performance events, things like a play or a mass, no turn order. The audience isn't required to interact for the presenter to go on."

Kuzco nods.

Sparkles states, "I admit I'm usually hesitant to break turn order as I've had some folks lay out some pretty staunch thoughts about it to me. So that might just be a personal thing to just learn to ignore when the situation doesn't call for it. Just curious if anyone had any more thoughts/advice/ideas."

Kinaed states, "In general, turns aren't required until someone asks, but we do ask that people be mindful of not posting 2-3x the rate of everyone else just out of courtesy, even when not taking turns."

Jennifer claims, "I start ignoring turn order when we get to like five eople."

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Jennifer claims, "Because at four or five, it starts getting super unwieldy"

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Venamelia says, "I mention how sad it is to be a wall poster on osay when I can't keep up."

Kinaed states, "That's why we implemented 'join' by the way - to help people break down large scenes."

Puck says, "I'm bad about join spots because I tend to feel like that flags others 'I'm not interested in you' vs. 'I'm having this conversation over here at a different speed'."

Kinaed comforts Puck.

Temi claims, "In such large groups, the main thing I'd worry about is not emoting more than everyone else, and trying to make sure anyone that is trying is getting looped in."

Venge says, "Joins do help a lot."

Temi nods at Puck.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Emere queries, "Oh since we're talking about generally accepted behavior, I've got a quick question?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're a bit over the top of the hour because I got a bit lost in tells."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you, everyone, for participating in our OOC Chats, even when maybe a bit frustrating :)"

Temi claims, "I love join spots for little RP groups during things like a performance. But during things like a party, it becomes pretty awkward, and feels to me like not pulling additional people in."

Condensation claims, "Yeah, I'll post my question on a note or something, okay? It's nothing crazy, just something about the potential of a flag like RPYells etc. when folk emote with retainers."

Kinaed states, "I hope to see everyone next time. And yes, it's fine to post questions in a note, etc."

Philly pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Philly flips a cascading liturgical robe of chalice-faced crimson velvet back over her shoulder.

Temi questions, "As in who the retainer's is, or that it was a retainer?"

Murrmurs declaims, "Cheers folks!"

Venge declaims, "Have a good week everybody!"

Condensation claims, "I got super lost and confused when someone engaged with me with their retainer. Loved it, found it really immersive, but man was I cofused when I couldn't find it."

Errisar declares, "See you all next time!"

Puck says, "I posted a possibly contentious suggestion about opening more plots to the public on the boards."

Condensation states, "Oh no, just that it is any retainer."

Temi nods.

Puck exclaims, "Bye everyone!"

Kinaed muses to Puck, "Not sure I saw that - where did you post it?"

Condensation claims, "Have a good one."

Sparkles wonders, "Do you use color?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, putting everyone back. Puck, let me know in a tell."

Puck did it at... https:/ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2269&p=15594#p15594

Kinaed waves.

Kinaed declaims, "That works!"

• Information