Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-04-04

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Raspberries winks at Lans. 

Andorig claims, "I have something for later."

Lans winks, which means he can't see.

Kinaed says to Andorig, "Got you :)"

Deedee states, "I've got one"

Violet states, "I have a quick something"

Kinaed says, "Anyone else want to register a topic? I've got an anonymous one. Got DeeDee and Violet"

Deedee states to Kinaed, "You missed Andorig"

Lans says, "I cannot come up with one right now."

Andorig says, "I'm crushed"

Temi says, "She got him already"

Kinaed pontificates to Deedee, "Got Andorig first! "

Kinaed says, "Okay, so let's kick off Staff Updates."

Brando states, "I have at least one thing I would like to bring up. I will construct it to post now. gimmie a couple of minutes pls. "

Deedee states, "Oh, I missed you not miss Andorig."

Kinaed states, "Last week I handled a bit of policy and worked out what we want to do with Track, which I posted on the forums."

Kinaed states to Brando, "Added you to the list."

Andorig sits down and rests.

Temi has transferred Sparkles.  [OOC]

Temi has transferred Jiraiya.  [OOC]

Kinaed states, "This week, I have - Turf Wars and updating the Track modifiers according to terrain, etc."

Temi gives an empty figurine stand with a pair of unfilled boot prints to Sparkles.

Temi gives an empty figurine stand with a pair of unfilled boot prints to Jiraiya.

Kinaed trails off, "I think that's all from me. Picking a random staff member to go next..."

Kinaed pontificates to Temi, "Are you the only other staff member present? :) Go for it!"

Raspberries says, "Looking forward to seeing what becomes of track"

Temi claims, "Erika is here too, but I'll go"

Erika pouts a little bit.

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "We've posted the changes (in overview) on the forums."

Temi claims, "I investigated the situation with the herd and plant progress indicators"

Kinaed states to Erika, "I'm sorry, luv. :)"

Temi states, "And it looks like we -had- already done it, but the code is not right"

Raspberries nods.

Temi says, "So Niamh and I were trying to figure that out earlier.  I think I have another idea for her when she's back later."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi says, "And been continuing to work on the plot stuff, big and small."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Erika, "You're up :)"

Lans says to Temi, "Thank you for the righteous work."

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Kinaed exclaims to Temi, "Yes, thank you!"

Erika claims, "I've been working on going through the recommendations of the past week, generally being online for when help's needed, and several optimizations for the client on the site, but progress was a bit slow from outside reasons. "

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states to Erika, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed asks, "Any questions for staff about what we're working on?"

KittyISnotfood headshakes.

Deedee asks, "How's Az doing?"

Violet declares, "No, but thank you for all your hard work!"

Kinaed says to Deedee, "His family got ill and he's been very busy IRL, but as I understand it, he's well :) Popped in recently, which I was happy ot see."

Murrmurs declares, "Agree with Violet. Thanks all!"

Kinaed states to Violet, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed smiles at Murrmurs.

Katlyn claims, "Oh dear."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, let's see. Next up is Player Heartbeat. How was the game for everyone this last week, folks?"

Deedee exclaims, "Glad to hear he's doing okay! Hope his family gets better soon :)"

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee declaims, "Oh, busy!"
Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Violet says, "Busy but fun :)"

Naomi states, "Also busy, but good."

KittyISnotfood coughs.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "I like the sound of that. :)"

Lans claims, "I will sacrifice a mage in his honor."

Lans nods.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else want to share their experience?"

Kinaed coughs and pretends Lans didn't say that.

Murrmurs exclaims, "Getting back into the swing of things. Have appreciated players who've extended hooks into ongoing affairs!"

Lans says, "I had a good week, with the excitement of an Order mini civil war."

Kinaed smiles at Murrmurs.

Venamelia states, "Ohh lord. I think I spent the most of the week in near constant RP somehow, I feel. >.> So took a step back today to let it calm a bit and get a bit of a small break to do some crafting and the like."

Raspberries declares to Lans, "Sounds fun!"

Lans says, "Still lacking in mage slaughter, which makes me antsy. My sword's blood is almost dry."

KittyISnotfood says OOCly, "It feels a little 'mighty' sometimes, Lans."

Kinaed questions, "I'm glad to hear everyone seems to have fun so far. Is there anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

KittyISnotfood states, "Rather than 'mini'."

Lans thinks that was the White Flame Rebellion.

Deedee trails off to Kinaed, "Funny you should say that..."

Murrmurs agrees with Lans.

Alpharius says, "My experiences have been purifying, overall."

Kinaed asks of Deedee, "...yes? :)"

Deedee states to Kinaed, "My topic involves shitting"

Kinaed queries to Deedee, "We want coded shitting now? :P"

Kinaed declares, "Kidding!"

KittyISnotfood claims, "Please no."

Deedee exclaims, "Something like that! not quite"

Lans says, "Women are unable to do that, it is known."

Galax states, "Let's add a superstition that mages don't poop"

Lans nods.

Lans states, "Lol"

Kinaed chuckles.

Kinaed states to galax, "That is, indeed, how we wrote the Erra Pater."

KittyISnotfood says, "Women don't fart, they fluff. EVERYONE knows this."

Wight is idle.

Kinaed claims, "It is known."

Raspberries queries, "Wasn't there supposed to be a poop command for retainers? think you greenlit it in a OOC chat before, Kin"

Lans says, "ANYWAYS"

Erika trails off, "Not needing to poop would be great, just saying..."

Alpharius states, "This is getting way too kinky."

Kinaed trails off to Raspberries, "I'm not certain how these rumors start..."

Kinaed states, "Hehe."

Wimpled says, "I do not fluff."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, anyone else want to share how their week on TI went?"

Violet just wiggles 

KittyISnotfood points at Kinaed. "No, that's Kinky. And you don't count, Wimpled."

Sparkles claims, "I'm still sad retainers can't ride mounts, alas."

Venamelia muses, "Right, how do Retainer use MV? Or do they have none of that?"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Noted :) Thanks for bringing it up - please continue to do so over time if we don't get around to addressing it."

Raspberries states, "I think they started work on that, but it got rolled back"

Temi states, "It's tricky due to how retainers and mounts both work."

Raspberries says, "Retainers only use mv when you order them to move from the room"

Brando says, "My week was excellent i achieved 75+hrs RP with my character and over 10,000 RPXP and neraly 60hrs online and 40hrs of RP ( excellent levels for both ) and  .... all my RP was deep and engaging and fun basically and i thank those that RPed with HUlda  this week .. its been excellent.. many RP arcs . Well done y'all. :)"

Kinaed says, "Yes, it's important to note that we're down Azarial's skills and are making do with people stepping in to help out, but nowhere near his level of familiarity with the code."

Raspberries states, "Otherwise they jump along with you by transfer"

Kinaed states to Brando, "Glad to hear all of that :)"

Brando nods and smiles 

Raspberries declaims, "No RP here, but I got a job offer!"

Kinaed claims, "A quick reminder to everyone to place recommends for those players who are generating RP for you, especially our beloved antagonists. :)"

Kinaed pontificates to Raspberries, "Congratulations!"

Lans claims, "Recommends encourage antagonists to keep it up. They are human beings behind that, aiming to please and entertain."

Jiraiya declaims, "Congrats!"

Kinaed nods at Lans.

KittyISnotfood states, "Everyone loves recommends, though. They're warm and fuzzy."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, let's get to our favorite part of the day: Player Topics! Kicking off..."

Kinaed asks of Andorig, "You're the first in the list. Would you like to introduce everyone to your topic?"

Andorig states, "Yes, I noticed a while ago that there was an active gambit going with a number of hours left on it, and then it vanished a little while later before the timer was up. Wanted to know where it went."

KittyISnotfood says, "The gambit was up for 5 days."

Kinaed says, "The timer is showing to me -15h. Odd. I'll look into that."

Kinaed queries, "Did an IC_Event post?"

Temi states, "I assume it will just announce at the next rollover after it ends"

Andorig claims, "It was at 6 or 7 hours left when it disappeared, and there wasn't an IC Event post"

KittyISnotfood states, "It was started at, like, 2:30 server time or something."

Temi says, "And it has officially 'ended' now"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee questions, "Gambit would be finished, I think staff have to write it up and kick them out?"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

KittyISnotfood says, "Yes, I am sure there are things that need to be done by staff at the end. They should still have it."

Andorig states, "Alright then."

Temi claims, "I do still see it, yep"

Kinaed says to Deedee, "I *thought* the code auto-posted at the end of the gambit, but I'll check. Clearly it didn't, either way, a Staff member needs to resolve parts of it."

Deedee nods.

Temi says, "Just a little weird to players when they can't see it in the meantime"

Kinaed claims to Andorig, "Thanks for asking. It may be a bug, or it may just be staff haven't gotten to it. The gambit did resolve 15 hours ago, and was "Anti-GL (Powerfully)""

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lans says, "It was very curious that it didn't trigger an ousting."

Raspberries says, "I think that's been an issue in the past too. with some similar systems as well"

Andorig claims, "Yeah which was why I was surprised since it was pretty one sided but then disappeared"

Temi claims, "I think it will do that at midnight tonight."

Temi nods.

Raspberries states, "There's a little gap between when it ends and when it's actioned"

KittyISnotfood states, "Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, just means... yes."

Andorig says, "I did not know that, okay then"

Temi claims, "And if not, staff will definitely process it."

KittyISnotfood says, "It takes time to get it all worked out."

Kinaed states to Lans, "It can't do it codewise directly, it can just make the announcement, because ousting doesn't remove the player from the guild, so Staff have to set them to an appropriate guild rank"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Lans claims, "Ah. I see."

Lans states, "Thank you, Kinky woman."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, thank you for the note and we'll get to it after OOC Chat."

Kinaed says, "I'll skip the anonymous one for now, jsut asked them to send me the topic in a tell. Will do that one after DeeDee."

Kinaed muses to Deedee, "Please introduce us to your topic? :)"

Deedee trails off, "This is kind of a niche request, but I'd like fountain type items to be pourable if they can be carried. Pour currently only works for drink type items. I've bought some chamberpots for the Madison which slowly refill and need to be emptied out as a chore for hapless students and orderlies, but currently you would have to use 'fill' with a drink container to empty them, rather than carry them outside to empty.  Or well... drink would work to empty them too..."

Andorig says, "That sounds distinctly unpleasant."

Murrmurs is distressed by that thought.

Lans says, "I love the idea."

Lans looks around for Emicho.

KittyISnotfood states, "Hehe."

Katlyn doesn't want to think about it.

Sparkles claims, "I feel like that's going to encourage folks to walk around with endless water containers and use them rather than purchase other food/drinks."

Deedee winks at Andorig. 

Temi states, "Not really opposed if it's not too hard, on behalf of the system in general, but yeah on behalf of your specific issue... I don't really want you to pour that out all over."

Katlyn claims, "Oh yeah, that's true."

Katlyn claims, "No about the whole walking around with endless suply of water."

Kinaed ponders.

Temi claims, "I think we'd still be limited about making those even available"

Wight is no longer idle.
Wight has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "Let's put this one on Staff Talking Points to discuss the ups and downs."

Sparkles says, "Which I've seen people do before."

Lans says, "It would undermine the cooking economy, yes."

Temi claims, "So it may not be worth the effort."

Deedee says, "Most containers are not fountains"

Lans claims, "And it would make me suspect magery, and I mean that."

Alpharius claims, "Don't let the Australian government hear that suggestion, last time we had camels walk around with endless supply of water, they got shot a couple of months ago."

Sparkles muses, "Also, why can't that just be RPed?"

Deedee claims, "Just a bit of flavor, and something tangible for orderlies to do"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, let's have a look at our anonymous topic: Keeping things as vague as possible, there presently exist some generally high-end global spells with weather effects. Right now, these have what feel like very short-lived effects as they seem 'hard-coded' to always reset on IC day turnovers, which can be a mere OOC hour or two. Given the high level of investment to even reach these effects in the first place, and the fact that these are sort of vanity effects in the first place, is there a chance that extending or more gradually handling these effects could be considered?"

Deedee claims, "I wish I didn't say flavor."

Temi claims, "I don't believe the code does an IC day reset, but it does immediately start drifting back towards 'average'"

Kinaed says, "Off the top of my head... sure. I'm happy to have the staff review that."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries says, "Makes sense to me"

Sparkles states, "The issue with those might be the echoes it gives off, if it keeps the echoes off to everyone for a long people of time that might get spammy."

Violet says, "I'm fine with there being bigger IC impact for these items, since it would likely spark a fair bit of RP. So long as it's not spammy or too frequent."

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Brando states, "Please don't forget i have a topic. its petty .. but interesting. "

Deedee nods.

Kinaed says, "Violet mirrors my sentiments."

Temi nods.

Kinaed says to Brando, "We will get to you. The current order is Violet, then yourself."

Brando claims, "Cheers"

Lans claims, "I agree with the Violet being."

Galax claims, "I think the globals themselves only echo once, and I would hope it stayed that way, as they can be disruptive otherwise"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, put that one also on Staff Talking Points. Let's jump to Violet's topic - care to introduce us?"

Violet declaims, "Yep!"

Raspberries exclaims, "I wanna see mages get in a fight over the thermometer. Warmer! No Colder!"

Violet says, "Hi all! I'd like to bring up a couple comments on diagnose:

Firstly, as I mentioned in OOC chat a couple weeks ago, I'd like to suggest that the diagnose command pool medicine skill. This would put it in line with other skills where practice increases your abilities over time. It seems kind of silly to me that a scene where Physicians spend 30 min to an hour RPing examining a patient and diagnosing them does not provide any pool benefit. Of course, I love the RPs too, but it would be great for the disease system to tie into skills. 

Secondly, it would be excellent if diagnose showed that a player was pregnant when they start having code symptoms, and even showed if they had certain symptoms like nausea when they appear."

Lans nods.

Deedee claims, "I agree on the preggers paer"

Kinaed questions, "Any other players have views around these ones?"

Wight has lost link.
Wight has reconnected.

Sparkles questions, "The only trouble is would you be able to link the command with the RP? Otherwise what would prevent people just walking around Diagnosing everyone randomly for the pool?"

Kinaed claims, "I seem to think the medicine skill is one of those skills that tends to go up quickly, so I'm not certain about making hte diagnose command pool it."

Temi claims, "We don't want diagnose to be a replacement for players saying what their own symptoms are"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

KittyISnotfood states, "As far as I understand, the disease system does tie into skills. The better you are with medicine, the more likely you see what's going on. However, yes... I was champion medicine once, and I never found diagnose to need to pool."

Raspberries states, "I think there was already a rejected request for diagnose pooling"

Galax wonders, "Does Diagnose not echo...?"

Raspberries claims, "Diagnose echos"

KittyISnotfood claims, "That said, not being able to tell if someone is pregnant is bothersome, however... there were no pregnancy tests back in these days. The person has the symptoms. Explaining them... when diagnose shows nothing, says enough there."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "I thought so too, but I didn't quite recall the circumstances."

Sparkles says, "Though I do agree that doctors being able to see more pregnancy stuff could potentially help for their RP."

Brando asks, "Does diagnose echo if the person diagnosing is hidden? ( wonders )"

Raspberries says, "Ah https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1700 was it."

Venamelia questions, "The pregnancy part, I think makes sense, but it would then need to be associated with time at least?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I might float this one to Staff Talking points as well since the pregnancy question is a matter of theme and how 'Period' we want to be."

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Thanks :)"

Raspberries claims, "Sneak/hide doesn't hide most actions, so it probably would echo yes."

KittyISnotfood says, "I really think... it wouldn't make IC sense to 'see' it, even as a physician. Like I said, there were no pregnancy tests. Just symptoms. Person explains the symptoms, they might be pregnant. And they might have other things. But, I think it's very 'now' to 'know' you are pregnant without showing."

Kinaed states, "So we'll go with a no for making diagnose pool medicine - I think it's actually a complex code change too - and Staff Talking Points for whether diagnose will pick up pregnancy."

KittyISnotfood claims, "And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for... medieval times."

Brando says, "Thank you Raspberries ."

Kinaed nods at KittyISnotfood.

Violet queries, "Diagnose shows symptoms light cough, tender stomach, nausea, etc. When a person is sick. So why not show nausea in pregnancy?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, that brings us to Brando's topic."

Deedee states, "Well most other afflictions wouldn't be 'seen' either"

Violet nods.

Kinaed wonders to Brando, "Would you care to introduce us to your topic? :)"

Deedee says, "Diagnose is about diagnosing"

Brando states, "OK My character, Hulda,  was doing some charity work and for ease of doing things she needed a box basically to send stuff and I decided for her to shortcut things and go buy a box from the town hall mail reception. I appraised the small box and it said it would take up to 10lbs .. I appraised my item.. one empty linen backpack and it was less than 10lbs .. so Hulda purchased the small box... but nope .. the item would not fit.  and I bitched about that in visnet and was told  No refunds basically . I accept that but I do feel I was caught out by some trap and it wasn't fun and was costly ( 81 silver .. ouch! ).  In game I found a way to complain, via RP and other methods, to the community at large, talk to a a council member if you have any problems ok, and was reembursed with more than I lost and so I am highly content with that outcome.  That is all. Thank you for the opportunity to air this issue and my actions ok. cheers :) "

Raspberries says, "Ah, well, it's not the weight but the size that likely was the problem"

Temi nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed muses, "Did a Staff member say no refunds?"

Kinaed wonders, "Or was it another player?"

Temi says, "Whether something fits takes two components: size and weight"

Temi states, "And containers are really complicated on size."

Lans claims, "This is true."

Lans puts his greatsword inside his belt pouch.

Katlyn says, "I feel like there needs to be a way to figure out if something will fit in to a small box or what. Because a lot of times there's no real way of knowing."

Kinaed nods at Katlyn.

Sparkles claims, "I've seen issues before where the weight/size of things seemed to be off but it's always so random I'm never sure what to report."

Temi nods.

Raspberries states, "I had a shrinking safe once"

Temi says, "I don't think we really like the way the system works now"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Venamelia claims, "Well, yeah I can also put an iron table into a backpack... it is a bit bizarre."

Temi says, "But we haven't liked the alternative tweaks we've discussed either"

Katlyn says, "Yeah, and obviously in reality you could look at the object, look at the box and see if it'd fit, but on game, it's always been a difficult thing."

Temi states, "There's some definite downsides"

Temi says, "And the most realistic one would just be to reduce the size of containers and I think we'd see revolt."

Lans states, "There are a lot of possible exploits around containers."

Truth says, "I have a whole Narnia in my satchel. It seems pretty ridiculous sometimes lol."

Kinaed says, "To be clear, this is the sort of thing that I personally would probably have been willing to refund for, and I imagine most staff would for a small mistake like that."

Raspberries queries, "Bag of holding?"

Temi nods.

Brando says, "No .. but Temi  ( if i recall the staff member who sent it to me) sent me a help file that said basically that staff do not generally give refunds for in game stuff ups made by established players . so I accept that rule at face value and went with it. it is not a problem now that i am aware of that as being the standard rule of the game ok."

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Lans claims, "It is good that you rolled with it."

Temi claims, "I probably would have refunded it once, and warned people to be more careful, but staff are not obliged to"

Kinaed states, "Yes, we do have that rule, but it's to allow us to opt out when we think players are being unreasonable. Or to also say we may provide something different than the original, such as compensation rather than a restoration or RP null."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Brando says, "Yes it is. ANd i did learn there are RP ways of dealing with such things that can turn out positively..just have to be creative."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Glad to hear it."

Raspberries claims, "Staff are generally reasonable, especially if you're cyan"

Temi claims, "Yeah, sometimes it's the weird stuff like that that leads to more interesting roleplay."

Temi grins.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, that's my entire list of player topics. Technically, we've gone through the agenda today. Sooo..."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone want to talk about anything?"

Andorig claims, "I almost got an eye poked out."

Kinaed wonders to Andorig, "Near miss? :)"

Sparkles claims, "I have something small."

Raspberries says, "Oh, last chance for Temi's Farin hot takes"

Kinaed trails off to Andorig, "I hope that's IC..."

Temi declares, "Ah, yes!"

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "Oh, cool. What's your topic, Sparkles?"

Galax asks, "Arem't all Farin takes hot takes?"

Galax trails off, "Because... desert"

Kinaed coughs.

Temi trails off, "Anyone else considering contributing to the Farin perspectives files?  It would make me happy, and easy QP for you... I'll probably process for potential winners today if I don't hear noises of people considering more"

Deedee groans.

Galax claims, "Please clap"

Murrmurs states, "Oof."

KittyISnotfood says, "I always -want- to contribute to those, and then I open to do it, and I go blank."

Sparkles says, "Just a little reminder about folks taking a peek at their RP Hooks and/or character help files the more options or info there the more venues that can be open up for RP."

Lans looks at Sparkles. 

Venamelia says, "I am a bit too unfamiliar with Farin IC culture, I feel >.> "

Temi comforts KittyISnotfood.

Wimpled has lost link.

Deedee declares, "Not enough of us!"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Brando states, "Giants and coffee coffee and more coffee is about all that i can say about fariners without slighting them or slagging them off somehow. "

Sparkles states, "I can ponder some Temi, if you want to wait until tomorrow. :)"

Temi states, "I feel like there's been more Fariners lately, and it's definitely an interesting race.  Could be a fun time thinking through hwo they think about things a little"

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Temi states, "I can do that"

Kinaed exclaims to Sparkles, "Thank you!"

KittyISnotfood says, "Definitely more Fariners in game."

Deedee claims, "I have noticed an uptick"

Galax states, "Farin is cool, simply because of how different they can appear compared to most of the rest of IC culture"

Kinaed nods.

Deedee says, "Tubori have really invaded though"

Kinaed states to Deedee, "You've made them popular again :)"

Deedee states, ":)"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Venamelia declaims, "In for Tubori independence!"

Galax trails off, "Tubor and Vavard seem to be the most popular... besides Lithmorran, ofc"

Galax says, "But those are anecdotal shots in the dark."

Kinaed nods.

Lans claims, "I would like to remind staff about erasing summoning circles. Respectfully."

Temi says, "Tubor and Vavard are pretty widely popular regardless of current trends"

Tasker , peers

Lans claims, "I already posted a thread about it long ago."

Lans says, "Tasker. Get back in the cage."

Temi states, "Then each of the other races will go through trends"

Kinaed wonders to Lans, "I think we didn't want to allow them to be erased?"

Tasker claims, "Yes milord"

Lans claims to Kinaed, "I do not remember getting an answer :("

Jiraiya queries, "Do they at least expire with time?"

Raspberries claims, "Don't think the topic was rejected, lemme find it"

Kinaed states to Lans, "That's probably my fault, sorry."

Sparkles states, "I have a quick question actually, on policy."

Kinaed states, "Or we haven't discussed it as staff yet."

Lans states to Kinaed, "No hard feelings, but it does beg... consideration."

Kinaed gets a halo over her horn.

Raspberries wonders, "Here it is: https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2179 still pending "

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Galax states, "Me, I like Vandagans the most"

Kinaed states, "Staff will probably meet after this chat and see if we get to going down the forum suggestions."

Brando says, "I have another quick question  too please. "

Venamelia says, "Oh, there was a policy question I had as well, but I can't remember what it was now. Oh, now I remember. But Lans and Brando were quicker >:D"

Lans says, "That would be good."

Kinaed trails off, "Meanwhile, may I ask how everyone is going with the addition of the invite command? I've seen some reticence about it amongst players. Not sure if I remembered to write a forum post about it... *checks*"

Kitty states, "You wrote a forum post."

Lans claims, "I am not comfortable with it but I am not the nicest guy."

Deedee claims, "I like it, haven't used it much yet"

Brando halo has horns :) 

Kitty claims, "I don't like it, either."

Sparkles questions, "Why not comfortable with it?"

Kitty states, "But, I said all of that in the discussion on OOC."

Murrmurs says, "Not a command I will likely use with regularity, but appreciate the option existing."

Kinaed says, "I did write a forum post, apparently, but only one player responded."

Raspberries wonders, "(https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2229)"

Deedee exclaims, "That's me!"

Kinaed questions, "Should I turn that into a poll, maybe?"

Galax says, "I haven't made use of it yet or had it used toward me. It's not a slight against the feature, messengers and notify just usually suffice for private or planned RP"

Brando claims, "Yes please Kinaed"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Brando nods at Galax

Kinaed wonders, "I've added a poll: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2229&p=15458#p15458 "

Venamelia states, "OOCly I would say that I will try to avoid the invite thing on principle. Feels a bit... ehhhh. I mean, yeah it makes RP happen quicker but, I am more worried on what abuses it can do."

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Alpharius states, "Being an RPI player, I just like to take the more complex route most of the time even if it's gonna cost time. So I don't think I'd use invite too much unless there was an.. emergency, or I was limited in time and had to tell someone something."

Sparkles asks, "What kind of abuses?"

Katlyn claims, "Yeah I thought invite was personally rather fun. never used it, but it seems cool."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Venamelia questions, "What if someone invites another into Ahlin, for example? Or into an ambush?"

Deedee claims, "The limited on time thing is when I use it"

Kinaed claims, "The idea was just to cut down on the amount of time it takes people to get into RP"

Sparkles says, "I mean that can and does happen now with messengers."

Brando states, "It appearsto be  a level of unrequiired redundancy and may have negetive outcomes for the gamee is my personal opinion. "

Lans claims, "I just... find it inmersion breaking. And easily abusable."

Deedee states, "Ambushes are allowed"

Kinaed says, "It has policy around it that it shouldn't be used for an OOC advantage."

Deedee states, "See help invite, it lists the policies"

Temi claims, "You can only invite people into public places, too"

Truth states, "You can't use invite in Ahalin."

Kitty claims, "I find it very immersion breaking. Not crossing the grid feels... icky to me, and means you can miss other RP opportunities."

Kinaed nods.

Alpharius states, "I think cutting the amount of time it takes to get into RP is a noble cause, but realism must be kept in mind too."

Sparkles states, "For me I can see it being useful for something like an event I might not want request making a full ST."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well there's now a poll on the forums, so let's get some stuff slapped up there that staff can consider."

Galax queries, "Inviting someone into an ambush out in the woods isn't much different than sending a messenger saying 'hey.. come to murder alley.. *wink*' and then murder-alley-ing them if they opt to go, is it?"

Venamelia says, "But the border between IC justified and OOC advantage can be crossed with ambushes. "Oh, I hated that guy, look at this five week long diary where I wrote how much I hate that person." For events, yeah, it makes sense."

Brando claims, "Maybe leave it for council members and story tellers to use."

Sparkles claims, "Because you already give people the same power as an ST."

Deedee states, "Probably wouldn't work for events as-is"

Deedee claims, "You can't invite if there are already people in the room. just for one on one"

Venamelia claims, "You are not allowed to try to kill people without consent in ST. "

Kinaed claims, "The command was actually originally designed for events, but I think we modified it for some reason."

Sparkles says, "Ah, hmm, I misunderstood then."

Lans claims, "Sounds easy to avoid ambushes like that, even unknwoingly."

Brando states, "As its a tool .. let it remain.. but yeah restrict who can use it and i recommend that be staff and established council members"

Temi says, "I liked the event version of it better, to be honest."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "But I don't recall the reasoning behind that"

Brando nods

Erika is idle.

Brando wonders, "May i ask my qucik qeustion now please?"

Galax says, "When I semi-regularly did big events, an event version of invite would've been great"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we've got about ten minutes left. I'd love to ask people to please post recommendations for other players, and also maybe to consider writing reviews for TI either on Reddit (this seems to be our key incoming traffic site at the moment) or TMC. That will help us attract more players to play with us. :)"

Lans says, "Reddit is good."

Brando nods

Alpharius claims, "Reddit is how I got here."

Naomi claims, "Maybe tie it to the town crier/messenger all for events"

Kinaed states, "I've noticed a great influx of new players lately, I wanted to say welcome to all of you :) I hope you're enjoying TI, and if you have some time to tell us about your experiences from the new player perspective, we'd love to hear them."

Kinaed nods at Alpharius.

Venamelia claims, "Yeah, I have two rec to write. But I am a bit slow with it sometimes."

Jiraiya says OOCly, "Activity - the one thing the coronavirus is good for"

Kinaed nods at Jiraiya.

Brando still needs lesson in constucting recs that will be accepted :(

Murrmurs nods at jir. 

Venamelia says, "Gonna be curious if someone can top me on RP hours next week >.>"

Raspberries states, "Just read over the points in help recommend, and be sure it ticks a few of them"

Brando says, "Eleventy knock backs bruised my soul :("

Sparkles raises a hand.

Kinaed says, "Note that Staff are looking for recommends that show a person is providing plot and stimulating RP."

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Yes? :)"

Sparkles queries, "Can I ask a quick policy question?"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Sure can."

Kinaed hopes she's awake enough to answer it coherently. :)

Venamelia says, "I don't think a lot of people value being given RP involvement and plot as much as they should, more often than not >.> Someone giving someone else RP, is a good reason to give a rec to them, I feel, but I failed on consistently doing that, too."

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Sparkles queries, "Recently it seems there was an arrest or something along those lines which I became aware of because of my chars access to the jail channel. Would have happily went to go provide RP, however, there was no IC way of knowing anything had happened. So is it currently policy about posting rumors about arrests? And if not ... should it be? Or a general reminder about things happening in broad daylight that would likely be talked about?"

Deedee says, "Oh, yeah."

Kinaed says, "It's okay for you to use 'guildlist jail' as IC information for the purposes of knowing who is registered as a prisoner in Ahalin."

Lans did not know of it, wow.

Deedee states, "Guildlist jail doesn't work"

Kinaed claims, "If you don't have access to guildlist jail, you won't know. I'll make a note of that."

Kitty says, "I... had no idea that command existed."

Kinaed says, "Hmm."

Lans states, "It works for the Righteous, Deedee."

Kitty claims, "But yes, I thought they were going to post something ICly to show someone had been arrested, but never saw it.."

Deedee claims, "Ah. well might need to be fixed for medical folk"

Katlyn claims, "There is a guildlist jail/"

Kinaed says, "Guildlist jail works for people who should have access to guildlist jail. If you don't, and think you should, please let a staff member know."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Galax claims, "If you don't have Guildlist Jail it will just show guildlist for your guild"

Temi says, "You could certainly just stop in to do 'your normal rounds' too"

Temi says, "You don't only have to go by if you know someone who is there, or know that they are there"

Brando says, "Cool"

Kinaed claims, "As for people posting ICly - I think it's a fair request, and rumors are a good idea too. I'm not certain I'd enforce that policy-wise though."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles claims, "Yeah, it doesn't seem to work for me, it just shows my own Guild list as Poet Laudate."

Sparkles says, "So something might need a poke."

Brando asks, "Does it cost anything to have a shop thats already got a shop flag, to update a room to be a backroom? ( wonders ) or is it free?"

Raspberries claims, "The arrested can also post a rumor about it themselves. ahalin has a rumor hotspot"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Yes, because a Troubadour probably wouldn't be informed about who was officially checked into Ahalin... hmm."

Temi claims to Brando, "If it's already got a shop flag, it should already have a backroom"

Sparkles claims, "But we are also allowed to go RP with people, but I can't RP with them if I don't know they are there."

Jiraiya muses, "Isnt ahalin a rumor location? and you can yell from inside it (Except the deep) to outside"

Brando says, "Thanks Temi. :)"

Kinaed states, "Yes, that's true - but also it's not like something that I feel would just ICly be known either."

Kinaed nods at Jiraiya.

Jiraiya states, "Frankly I think guildlist jail should be public knowledge"

Kinaed claims, "I think prisoners can spread rumors too."

Raspberries nods.

Lans states, "I do think that if doctors have access to the command, so should troubadours."

Jiraiya wonders, "Unless you're in the deep. and oo, so you can put out a rumor you've been arrested?"

Temi states, "You're welcome to go by when you see someone mentioning in jail channel or on whererp, just to 'check in on the prisoners'"

Lans says, "Given their superiority on information control."

Temi claims, "You don't need to ICly know who they are"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kitty claims, "I think it depends on whether the arrest happened in public."

Lans nods at Jiraiya.

Lans states, "No, jailors can spread rumors too."

Katlyn muses, "I mean but only knights and I think reeves can see prisoners yes?"

Kinaed says, "I agree with Temi, and I also don't think that the local jail would make public announcements about recent arrests. I think in some cases they may choose to, but I can't see enforcing it."

Jiraiya states, "I just wish you didn't have to open/close 6 locked doors to get in/out lol"

Wimpled is idle.

Sparkles states, "Even if the arrest itself wasn't in public River Square is super public."

Truth claims, "Maximum security."

Brando questions, "My charcters shop has a backroom ( I think I bought shop lag already )..but I ahve no shopmobs ... so cant see a list of whats in my back room..is that fixable by just buying the basic shopmob? "

Kinaed says, "I think the furthest I'm willing to go on this is that prisoners can, themselves, post rumors about their own arrest if they want to."

Kinaed says, "I wouldn't open guildlist jail to the public."

Lans says, "This is a thing already."

Deedee says, "I think physicians would make rounds and would have a general idea who would be in jail, so guildlist jail should work for us. I don't think it needs to be announced automatically on the jail channel though"

Jiraiya says, "I think maybe jsut reminding people they can do the rumors"

Kinaed says to Brando, "Sorry, not sure I know the answer to your question personally. Please write a Request Board for a more thorough answer."

Brando says, "Will do Kinaed. thanks :)"

Sparkles claims, "Thanks! So just a reminder then: Making rumors can get you more potential RP, good, bad, ugly, amazing even in jail."

Kinaed states, "Adding a note to review who has access to Guildlist Jail for Staff Talking points. :)"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Raspberries nods.

Temi states, "A builder will have to look at the settings you already have"

Galax claims, "I believe the implication is that it's plausible for Bards to just go and entertain prisoners, as a pro bono thing. It doesn't need to be an expressly political or investigative visit until it turns into one"

Kinaed says, "I think it also gives you some Influence Points."

Temi claims, "Probably you'll need the full shop set up."

Kinaed nods at galax.

Galax states, "But also, rumors are cool and can give people hooks to RP,"

Truth muses, "Bards can just walk into Ahalin?"

Lans states, "Yes."

Temi says, "Since if it doesn't have a mob, probably it never had the actual code setup"

Raspberries claims, "Remember Ahalin can leak like a sieve, have at it spreading rumors while in the slammer"

Lans states, "Without keys, but they are checked for contraband thoroughly."

Raspberries says, "Petty criminals in and out all the time, vNPCs"

Kinaed says, "Alas, friends, we are at the top of the hour :)"

Galax claims, "It's limited access, yeah"

Katlyn states, "Bye bye humans."

Brando states, "Nope.. bards goota give up their INSTRUMNETS and get given new ones by the guard reeves"

Kinaed says, "Thank you everyone for attending this week's OOC Chat and sharing your thoughts about the game."

Wight waves

Erika pontificates, "Have fun on-grid!"

Deedee claims, "Nice chat this week. :)"
Venamelia waves.

Murrmurs pontificates, "Thanks for having it!"

Kinaed exclaims, "Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!"

Kinaed waves cheerfully.

Wight declaims, "Have a good week everyone!"

Truth holds an empty figurine stand with a pair of unfilled boot prints in her hand.

Alpharius says, "Papa bless."

Truth polishes up the little plaque on her empty figurine stand, giving it a rub with her thumb.

Deedee waves.

Kinaed trails off, "Sending you back in 3..."

Galax waves.

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Raspberries waves.

Brando claims, "Please send me back to where I once belonged ( sings ) ( waves )"

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

• Information