Log of OOC Meeting 2/8/2020

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Darkness

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Temi wonders, "Alright, so our agenda for today.  1)  Staff Updates.  2)  Player Heartbeat.  3)
Player Topics.  Before we get going, anyone have any topics to get onto the list?"

Kitty claims, "I have a reminder at the end."

Temi questions, "Okay, got you, Kitty.  Anybody else?"

Sparkles says, "I also have a reminder after that reminder."

Temi says, "And Sparkles."

Temi muses, "Okay, last chance for the moment - anybody else?"

Kuzco has lost link.

Kuzco has reconnected.

Temi declaims, "Alrighty.  If anyone does come up with anything, please let us know!"

Temi muses, "So, staff updates.  Do we have Az at the moment?"

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "Well, Az has been sick, so we can get to him when he's back again."

Erika nods.

Temi claims, "I'll go ahead for now.  Not a lot of big updates for me - just keeping on top of the
plot stuff."

Temi states, "I'll continue plodding along at that for the time being, and helping out with the
requests and recommends and what not."

Temi muses, "Erika?"

Erika says, "Still working hard on the webclient. For the ones who haven't noticed, there's an
announce message with the link so you can all try it out starting from now! If you have any 
feedback, bugs or ideas, feel free to put them up on the forums or a note. I hope you all like it 
just as much as we do."

Temi claims, "We're definitely excited for people to try it out and get feedback back to Erika! 
She's been hard at work on it and it's a great start."

Temi grins.

Brando nods

Sparkles finishes the message she was writing.

Preposterous nodnods.

Kuzco has lost link.

Temi questions, "I'm sure there will be more fun added as it goes, but we'll need to hear what
people want on that, yeah?"

Venamelia states, "It looks good and works on phones."

Temi grins at Erika.

Kuzco has reconnected.

Erika nods.

Viper states, "Spellcheck"

Kuzco exclaims, "Ahhhh! lag"

Viper states, "Was the only reason I haven't used it. Outside of that I like the client."

Erika states, "Spellcheck is something I'm still working on. Some browsers natively have spellcheck,
but I'm working on something a bit more tailored like, for example, what mudlet has."

Temi nods.

Viper says, "Yeah, that's what I'm using"

Viper states, "If you added that in I would likely use the client over mudlet tbh"

Viper says, "I've been spoiled with spellcheck"

Erika smiles at Venamelia.

Temi grins.

Erika nods.

Erika says, "We're working on it, it's on the list :)"

Temi muses, "Okay, great.  Anything else to comment on?"

Kitty says, "I guess I'm a bum. I never realized clients had spellcheck."

Temi grins.

Satoshi says, "I find spellchecks to be annoying, right up until I make a BIG typo"

Temi claims, "It's not a feature I use, but some people love it."

Erika claims, "It's useful for non-native English speakers."

Temi nods in agreement.

Brando nods

Kuzco claims to Erika, "Thanks for the super hard work on the client"

Temi wonders, "Okay, continuing on then... player heartbeat!  How's the game and RP this week,
folks?"

Erika smiles at Kuzco.

Kitty has been great.

Darkness claims, "A bit rough, but that's mostly thematically so."

Brando says, "I had minimal RP except for the tourney ... rest of the week was filled with IC
chores. All my recommends were rejected and I was a sad panda :( ... that is all."

Temi wonders, "Do you understand why the recommends were rejected?"

Temi says, "Usually when all of them get rejected, it was just a misunderstanding about the type of
things to include."

Temi states, "Hopefully folks have been enjoying themselves, though, overall.  I know I've heard a
lot of good things about the tourney."

Venamelia states, "Pretty fine. Done much of training, Vena achieved her purchased goal on becoming
a grandmaster on polearms. Today I have seen a recommendation I made be approved within a brief look 
on another screen... But also been taking a bit of a break... still might be the top active one this 
week, somehow. (stab me)"

Brando trails off, "Yes and no ... it seems a case of either i write to much detail, over half a
page, or I write to little detail .. there also seems to be a problem of me using the help file to 
suggest why I am recommending that thing ..."

Kitty says, "Tourney isn't done! But... we'll get to that later."

Temi nods.

Sparkles says, "Thanks for everyone who has come to the tournament events and other public things."

Temi claims, "For the helpfile, you don't need to tell us the things you want them to get points
for.  Tell us what they did.  We'll use the helpfile to say 'Oh, they did this impacting thing, 
that's an impact'.  You don't have to call it out as a minor or major RP impact, etc, just what it 
meant to your RP or the game."

Temi nods in agreement with Sparkles.

Kitty claims, "Yeeees. And the wedding."

Viper says, "I'm back until I make another movie, or something. So just getting my fet wet again."

Viper states, "Feet too."

Kuzco states, "It was a good week"

Temi grins at Viper.

Kuzco says, "Dag you owe me your movie"

Kitty claims, "So glad you're back, Viper. XD"

Kitty claims, "He posted it on OOC a while back."

Temi states to Viper, "Excited to have you back!  But yeah, I'm sure we'd all love to hear how the
movie turned out."

Viper says, "I'll post it on the boards"

Temi claims, "Excellent."

Viper says, "You can all get the sneak peek before i take it off and send it over to festivals"

Kitty says, "<3"

Temi muses, "Anything else bothering at anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Darkness states, "Nothing here."

Kuzco states, "I want more rumora"

Kuzco claims, "Rumors"

Temi nods.

Civetta states, "You always want more rumors."

Preposterous claims, "Yes. More rumors. Many, many more rumors."

Darkness states, "I have rumors if you have coin."

Darkness grins.

Temi claims, "Alright.  Let's move on to player topics."

Temi asks, "First off, Kitty has an update for us?"

Kitty states, "I was just going to remind everyone about the remainder of the tournament this
afternoon/evening, tomorrow, and then the special fight on Monday and the dance/award ceremony on 
Monday."

Temi states, "Very exciting!  Everything I've heard so far has been great."

Kitty says, "The jousting, depending on player availability (Because there were so many, and it may
take a while for matches to happen) may run into both days. But, I'll use messengers liberally to 
let people know if we have to take a break and resume so people can participate."

Temi nods.

Kuzco nods.

Darkness exclaims, "The event's been great, thanks for everything!"

Brando nods

Temi questions, "And I think you put an update up that everyone should be unarmored?"

Kitty says, "Yes. I put it last week, and bumped it yesterday."

Temi says, "Something for folks to remember."

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Kitty says, "Since we're using safe attack, and even I have witnessed a practice weapon get
demolished recently when used against an armored person. It's just... kinda how it is."

Temi nods.

Temi wonders, "Okay then!  Sparkles also has an update?"

Sparkles states, "The Circus ST got approved so I'll be finalizing a time but I'm looking at next
week post-meeting for a show for folks who want to come see elephants, and prancing ponies, and 
sparkly acrobat ladies."

Brando states, "Huzzah ... that sounds excellent."

Temi exclaims, "Very nice, sounds exciting!"

Satoshi declaims, "Sounds like fun!"

Temi asks, "Okay.  That puts us about half way through our OOC Chat time.  Anyone want to talk about
anything else, or hang out and party, or just send you back early to your regularly scheduled RP?"

Kuzco says, "I have summoned a council meeting for the week after this, the last of my tenure."

Kuzco says, "I suggest people start plotting who will succeed me."

Kitty rubs hands, but comes up with... nuthin.

Temi exclaims, "Good to know.  Lots of plotting to do there!  All we know for sure is it won't be
Kuzco"

Temi grins.

Kuzco trails off, "What about I put Theodora as Seneschal and me as Chancellor... and we alternate
ad eternum"

Kuzco states, "That's a thing in my country."

Sparkles states, "That sounds very Vavardi."

Brando laughs

Kuzco says, "What we do need, and badly, is active inquisitors"

Temi says, "No comment."

Temi nods.

Kitty claims, "Yes. Please. Ugh."

Temi says, "Yeah, inquisitors can be a bit tough."

Kuzco states, "AFAIK there's a mage in Ahalin since a few weeks ago"

Kitty says, "Granted, that mage hasn't logged in much."

Kitty says, "But yes, there is a mage there - has been for quite a while."

Temi questions, "Anyone have any ideas how to get reliable inquisitors?"

Kuzco claims, "People are averse to both take risks and pk others."

Venamelia claims, "That is fine. We just need some oil and a torch. Campfire. Bit sad that they
ended up in ahlin early, felt like someone interesting to me... minus the mage thing that keeps 
triggering me with "A shadow... floats across" -.- Magebane did that."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "That floating shadow is just clouds, from the weather."

Kuzco claims, "But given the Inquisition is the NAME OF THE GAME, it's a role that cannot be empty"

Satoshi states, "Yeah unfortunately the game suffers without that role"

Kitty says, "Thing is... playing a mage carries the risk of being PK'd. We desperately need
inquisitors."

Sparkles says, "We all have that one the one Magebane that triggers stories."

Venamelia claims, "Exactly. But it still gives me the "Oh shit, magery" feeling."

Kuzco claims, "We have a huge amount of mages who apparently do little mageing."

Civetta says, "All of Lithmore, jumping at shadows seems like feature as designed"

Kuzco states, "All PCs carry the risk of PK, in addition."

Kitty says, "... yeah. Understatement."

Temi nods.

Darkness says, "Needs to be calm before it can storm, I feel like."

Temi questions, "Is there an incentive that would make you feel tempted to be an inquisitor?"

Satoshi says, "I know that you can't app in as an inquisitor anymore"

Satoshi trails off, "A while back I was looking at it, but you can only app in as a priest and
like... somehow "work your way up" which like how does that even work"

Civetta claims, "High pressure systems keeping the rain at bay"

Kitty says, "Well, you can app in as a priest. And... inquisitors are chosen from priests. BUT...
the app'd priests haven't stuck around, either."

Darkness muses, "What makes the role so unwanted to play?"

Viper claims, "You're all heretics at heart."

Satoshi claims, "Priestly RP is less rewarding when the playerbase isn't playing good davites per
lore"

Kitty says, "Some people might not like the torture aspect. Some people might not like the whole PK
thing."

Satoshi says, "Especially if you're trying to be lore-friendly"

Satoshi claims, "And yeah, that too"

Kuzco states to Viper, "It's difficult, requires a lot of work, makes you an outcast, and it's
risky"

Kuzco claims, "Oh and torture and PK"

Temi claims, "We open the apps when the positions are needed at GL request, and we close them as
they get filled, but sometimes those apps don't stick and it needs reevaluated again."

Kuzco states, "I'd offer an XP bonus for playing an Inq"

Kitty states, "Priestly RP is... slow. Most people vNPC their confessions, all sorts of stuff. And,
it limits public romatic play because of the vows. There's tons of stuff that could turn people off 
to it."

Darkness muses, "One thing I feel like, at least for newer players. It might be one of those things
that's very overwhelming?"

Kitty claims, "I think, since I've started, I've had... four total people ever come for confession."

Kitty states, "Granted, some of them have come more than once, but yeah."

Satoshi states, "That's part of the 'people not playing good davites' thing I mentioned"

Sparkles states, "The higher the rank an Orderite is, the riskier confession RP feels"

Satoshi states, "If you're playing a filthy heretic, that's one thing"

Satoshi claims, "Also PRIESTS cannot tattle on your confession. INQUISITORS can, it's a big
distinction"

Viper states, "It seems priest RP is more active when there's a plot that revolves around or
interferes with Church agenda."

Kitty says, "Well, inquisitors are always inquisitors. However, priestly types... true priestly
types... yes, what Satoshi said."

Kuzco states, "IT should be -suspicious- that someone never goes to confession"

Kuzco says, "But then again many RP using vNPCs"

Viper claims, "When things are calm it sounds like a lonely life."

Satoshi claims, "Per the lore helpfiles, priests who violate confession SHOULD be kicked out of the
Order"

Venamelia claims, "If you want I could have Vena ask for it. Right now it is done in the background,
her specifically seeing a Tubori for it for kind of obvious reasons."

Kitty claims, "That's what I mean - many vNPC it."

Kuzco states, "Burned, Satoshi, burned."

Satoshi shrugs

Sparkles states, "But also with such a small body of Orderites sometimes one just assumes they have
'better things' to be doing."

Kitty states, "I'm not saying, "OMG, come confess to me." I'm stating reasons that being an orderite
is not the most desireable. People typically don't come to us unless they are forced to."

Venamelia exclaims, "It is vNPCed on my end because she's a lesbian and lithmorran priest could not
understand the true love between two people! Clearly /sarcasm"

Satoshi says, "My heretic atl vNPCs confession because I want them to not be seen around the church.
But if you're playing a Davite you should do it, it was very fun with my Davite character"

Kitty states, "So, unless one is doing tons of events *cough* it can feel... like a pointless sort
of role."

Temi questions, "Do you have ideas to make it feel less pointless?  Or just... do tons of events?"

Temi grins.

Satoshi trails off, "Not to mention you can... come to a priest as a Davite for more than just
CONFESSION"

Satoshi queries, "Which maybe the community doesn't know?"

Darkness states, "I didn't know, at least."

Kitty says, "Priests are great for advice, tons of stuff. Yep."

Satoshi states, "Any faithful can come to the priest for advise, prayer, guidance, cleansing from
presumed taint that builds up in ways that aren't just confession, for a blessing, to ask how they 
can follow the laws of Dav and be charitable etc"

Viper says, "Dagerian is open to confessions as well. He gives great advice."

Kuzco says, "Doing confession also is a safeguard against hostile actions from the church"

Kitty states, "Especially for people who would be good Davites - they should trust them with such
things. (Again, not trying to force people to.) As far as not feeling like we just exist? I dunno. I 
mean... I happen to... run tons of events."

Venamelia says, "I know I am antsy around orderites in general. Afraid of misremembering something
wrong and ending up in trouble for it, as in player error."

Kuzco states, "Like if you are about to be caught banging a nun, go confess it  before the
Inquisition catches you"

Kuzco claims, "Dag u should set up a booth"

Satoshi states, "That's why osays exist, clear it up and unless you just admitted to being a mage or
s/t and its minor the scene will continue"

Kuzco says, "But yeah! Inquisitors. They need incentives because we have had like 3 in the last 2
years other than Sibylle"

Viper claims, ""What do I do, Your Holy Charali?" "Stab him in the face and eat a steak. Dag bless
you." "

Kitty states, "Heh. Charali are fuuuuuun."

Temi claims, "Well, if anyone has ideas on those incentives, let us know.  Orderites do get rpxp
bonus, if you weren't aware."

Satoshi states, "Not to mention you get IP for playing an active Orderite"

Satoshi says, "Err QP I meant"

Sparkles claims, "I've always wondered if a Guildskill might help but I have no idea what it would
be."

Civetta declaims, "So does playing with them, confession has benefits!"

Venamelia states, "Maybe on a next character. Got my hands full on current ones."

Viper says, "I would say a powerful guildskill though"

Satoshi claims, "Yeah the only thing stopping me is that I don't have the time to handle another
character, really."

Satoshi says, "Alas I have a life"

Temi asks, "Would torture be a fun guildskill or just a pain to deal with?"

Satoshi states, "LOL"

Viper states, "Plain. Anyone should be able to torture."

Kitty says, "You get additional RPXP for playing with an order characgter."

Viper says, "Church just has a legal excuse."

Kitty says, "So, there are RPXP benefits."

Satoshi says, "It might be hard on some squeamish people"

Brando trails off, "Maybe a higher rec level could be considered for Inquisitors ... theoretically
they are at the same risk of being killed as mages (very high risk)"

Sparkles says, "I would think more Investigation or something along those lines but how that would
work or look like no idea, the thing is a good amount of 'stuff' arguably Inquisitor could/should 
want to do are Reeve powers."

Viper states, "Maybe extra ways to identify taint"

Viper states, "That only inquisitors can do"

Viper says, "They're every bit as priests as magical investigators"

Temi nods.

Satoshi claims, "As far as I know that's stuff that the training that inqusitiors allegedly go
through"

Satoshi claims, "If there's actually one to train them"

Temi muses, "Any other ideas?"

Satoshi states, "Which there hasn't been--which might be a big reason why people don't play--just
being dumped into being an inquisitor sounds hard"

Viper trails off, "Inquisitors also have access to all the dirty secrets... the TRUTHS"

Viper says, "If anything I feel like it's a good position to play just to learn history of the game
in some cases."

Temi grins.

Temi nods.

Viper says, "...Granted you RP properly with alts and stuff"

Temi states, "It's certainly an interesting role"

Civetta claims, "Playing in the civil law guild I can say that yeah, training and retaining talent
and maintaining consistent procedures and such is a big big pile of work, and gotta be herder for 
inquisitors because they deal with way more supew sekwit stuff"

Temi states, "And if we don't have inquisitors, who will train them, too"

Kitty claims, "There is a lot of documentation available, sure. Very interesting."

Kuzco says, "Maybe a special command for inquisitors like verify for reeves or treat for physicians"

Viper says, "It's also a pathway to two of arguably the most powerful positions in the game."

Kitty says, "Right. Because... my character doesn't have training that inquisitors do. She simply...
doesn't. She chose not to do that."

Temi muses, "What should it do?"

Sparkles states, "Check the last time someone went to a Church function."

Sparkles laughs.

Venamelia states, "The mass? o.o"

(visnet) Player Cloris: We're supposet to have a practice jousting lance? Not the one available for
purchase at the Arena Entrance? 

Sparkles states, "Arguably lots of things could be deemed Church functions."

(visnet) Player Rhoana: The one available for purchase at the entrance is a practice one.

Kuzco states to Temi, "I'm unsure"

(visnet) Player Cloris: Thanks

Sparkles asks, "Mass, Confession, maybe that's where it shows tithes?"

(visnet) Player Anonymous: The one for sale was altered when we found the code was kaput.

Satoshi claims, "Without adding a tracker system for like, praying and/or confession/tithes I can't
think of what it would constitute"

Temi nods.

Venamelia exclaims, ""Oh, you there! You did not pay ANY tithes in the past month! You must be a
heretic! On to ahlin with you for torture!""

Viper states, "Because, technically, if the GI was unhappy with the faith of the Kingdom, they COULD
just throw down a demand for mass, and then start antagonizing those that didn't show. A priest is 
sort of an antagonistic archetype here."

Kitty states, "With the amount of funerals, etc lately... it's not hard to get to a church event."

Satoshi trails off, "Per the laws of Dav you... SHOULD be paying tithes every month"

Kitty says, "The priest isn't. The inquisitor is."

Sparkles says, "Funerals, Mass, holidays."

Brando claims, "If i recall correctly the guild leaders of the order can check who has paid what and
when."

Temi says to Kitty, "Depending on timing though, and if they all happen at a schedule that doesn't
work for you"

Satoshi states, "But since this seems to be an ooc issue with people staying, maybe ooc incentive"

Venamelia says, "Oh and I can see who paid taxes... and which guilds did not pay taxes. I should
write a few letter sometime >_>"

Satoshi claims, "Perhaps staff that is knowledgeable about lore should puppet a vNPC to train
someone if they haven't ever been an inquisitor"

Civetta claims, "More busywork to stay in the Order's good books seems like a bad idea"

Darkness states, "Can agree it's sometimes hard to join events due to timezone."

Kitty claims to Temi, "Yeah. I'm actually... not wanting a check for last attending a scheduled
order thing. Because that makes it even more of a requirement to constantly hold stuff. It's... hard 
for me to keep up with already."

Satoshi says, "Or take the time to make a plot that is inquisitor-centric to allow them to get used
to their duties"

Temi nods at Kitty.

Temi nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi claims, "Make a plot with an NPC mage for the Inquisitor to hunt down so they can ease into
investigating and don't have to PK someone"

Kitty queries, "Do you guys mean a ST?"

Satoshi claims, "Without a plot staffer that's really where we struggle--ALL conflict is PvP"

Temi states, "Pulling that off would be hard on staff, but potentially an idea"

Viper claims, "Thought we had a plot staffer"

Satoshi claims, "Well I'd do it if I had more freetime but I barely have 4 hours a night to play"

Satoshi claims, "Not enough time to be fair to people"

Temi states, "We do intend for players to be the main source of conflict in the game"

Satoshi states, "Yes but we're asking for solutions and I'm making suggestions"

Temi says, "But we've got ongoing events too, to help supplement a little"

Temi nods.

Satoshi states, "It's all I can really think of that's plausible--I know it would be intensive on
staff"

Satoshi trails off, "But since it seems to be player intensivity coupled with nothing to do/being
ignored that makes the position undesireable..."

(visnet) Player Annelyn: Do breeding livestock usually take so long to get anything to harvest from
them? I've had mine for nearly a week, and still nothing. is that normal or am I doing something 
wrong? Because the other livestock are producing things.

Kitty claims, "It's a religious game. All I'd ever seen since I started a little over a year ago
were inquisitors, so... I made a priestess type."

Kitty says, "But, we can't force people to play the religion if they don't like it, and want to off
-screen that part. It's just... the way it is."

(visnet) Player Aukanaii: Different ones have different times to make stuff... some of the expensive
ones take a long time from what I've gathered

Brando states, "On torture and PK , I thought we were supposed to keep our real lives seperate from
IC stuff? ( just joking lol ) I will deeply consider making an alt designed for the order ... but i 
gotta sleep on it first. no garantees sorry."

(visnet) Staff Temi: If they only give animals, they will give rarely but reliably.  If they give an
object, they will give that regularly, with a small chance to include a mob

Civetta states, "I played a priestess once, I wanted to talk theology a lot but found that there
wasn't really much place for that. Though I also started playing them right as canon was OOC 
codified and a lot of the IC books hadn't caught up so lots of pitfalls."

Temi muses, "Okay, folks.  We're out of time now.  Any last minute comments before I send everyone
back?"

(visnet) Player Annelyn: Huh I see, so it takes time. Interesting, thanks!

Satoshi declares, "Thanks to staff for all their hard work!"

Venamelia says, "Gonna brb briefly and then, I guess it will be tourney time."

(visnet) Player Annelyn: So like cows they'll regularly give milk with a small chance to produce an
actual cow for butchering?

Brando states, "Cheers to staff and all who have played this week."

(visnet) Staff Temi: Yeah

Temi declares, "Okay.  Everyone enjoy the tourney!"

• Information