Log of OOC Meeting - 10/05/19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Raspberries questions, "Any topics, Wimpled?"

Wimpled states, "None."

Kinaed claims, "Well, if no one has a topic, we can just kick off."

Kinaed claims, "If anyone thinks of a topic, please send me a tell."

Raspberries states, "Soounds good. I'm sure we'll be discussing one matter anyway"

Kinaed states, "Meanwhile, Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I think I did handle some policy and some Requests, but that was about it. Still hugging Turf Wars. Curious about if people have filled in their Hooks for their help files and matchmaking. That's it for me."

Kinaed states, "Azarial did some work, but it appears to be mostly crash fix and bug resolution."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Raspberries muses, "Oh, hooks are a thing now? how do you fill it in?"

Sparkles claims, "I asked about visnet about filling it in, but no one knew how."

Kinaed claims, "Sec"

Satoshi claims, "Is it in the helpfile that was crashing us for a while? have not touched it since. "

Temi claims, "Okay, well, I'm just getting back this week, so getting back up to speed and starting planning for how we can move on in the big plot stuff."

Raspberries states, "Welcome back Temi"

Temi says, "Been powwowing with Niamh, and we've got a poll up for gauging how big it should be."

Kinaed claims, "I have no idea, apparently it uses the clipboard."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "We'll try to get it tested and documented soon"

Kinaed states, "I've bumped the help file request."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries claims, "I do want it to be big myself, but I also want it to be slow"

Raspberries claims, "Big and slow"

Satoshi claims, "I think rather than "hiw b"

Kinaed says, "... are we talking about pl-"

Kinaed coughs.

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, I'm a very bad person."

Temi grins at Kinaed.

Satoshi says, "I think rather than "how big" cough we shoukd think about how to make it satisfying"

Tasker says, "I prefer sensual "

Raspberries groans.

Kinaed comforts Raspberries.

Galax says, "My pure eyes"

Kinaed claims, "We'll all take Prisca seriously now, please. :)"

Kinaed claims, "I know, I started it."

Lans makes the sign of the chalice.

Kinaed smacks her hoof with the opposite hoof.

Satoshi states, "Since despite disgruntlement abut the plot if it has a good enough ending--not like thay omg you pervs--itll be a good memory"

KING says, "Satisfying resolution would be better. At this point just something to not feel like time/resources have been wasted imo."

Tasker places her right fist over her heart in salute to Raspberries.

Temi says, "Yep, obviously we want it to be satisfying."

Kinaed says, "Well, the issue with the other plot (as I see it) is that it was essentially a player action out of the blue, so it happened through RPA. It wasn't a staff led plot, which means that interacting with it did cost RPA."

Galax says, "I have a lot of conflicting thoughts on it. Part of me just wants it over with, part of me worries that that's not possible while also addressing every other concern about the thing"

Temi states, "And not even just playing with puns. But part of that will be deciding the scope that people will be satisfied with."

Satoshi states, "Yeah. and its one think to say 'player actions matter', but that doesnt solve the underlying problem that caused the issue and i think staff needs to talk with the big players to find iut what exactly can be done to MAKE it satisfying and bely those feelinfs of helplessness. "

Sparkles questions, "I guess I have to ask how does something like that happen out of the blue?"

Raspberries states, "I can understand Kuzco's mention on feeling the results of the effort put in could feel lackluster. I think with the header plot, actions should have the opportunity to feel a little more 'epic'"

Chronos asks, "How does something like what happen out of the blue?"

Sparkles says, "Because I've also heard it was being worked on for a while. So the two things don't seem to compute."

Kuzco claims, "I don't mind a grittier scale of achievement."

Kinaed says, "If this is going to turn into a debate about whehter or not a player is allowed to have soverign action, and the entire meeting is going to be about how upset players are with staff, I have to admit, I don't know if I'm mentally up to that kind of conversation."

Kuzco claims, "I agree."

Kuzco states, "We have the forum for this specifica talk, guys. =)"

Kinaed claims, "I'm keen to discuss what we can do to make the future brighter, not to feel like players hate staff and we're delivering an oh so shitty experience please."

Kuzco says, "Me, I just want Sweet Tabac to last longer <3"

KING claims, "Hey, that's an idea."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Nobody thinks that, madam =)"

Satoshi claims, "I wish we could puff again to make it last longer"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Thank you for that reassurance. It can feel otherwise at times. :)"

Kuzco nods with a smile: "You're a cool girl."

KING says, "Oh yeah, no hate at all! Yall got a hard job no matter what."

Raspberries claims, "I actually applaud staff for allowing the attempt"

Satoshi claims, "But yeah im not upset at staff i dont mean to give that impression"

Temi states, "There was probably talk and actions to start towards setting things off."

Kinaed claims, "We're not well structured for things like that, though."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Kinaed says, "And some of it comes down to just doing things and learning what works and what doesn't."

Temi states, "But the final action that kicked it off came on us very suddenly, and it wouldn't have been fair to the players involved to let that linger too much longer, as there's other pressures they are facing."

Chronos claims, "In my experience, staff doesn't just let stuff happen randomly. I highly doubt it was just a sudden out of the blue action, no matter how much someone might disagree with it happening."

Kuzco says, "It wasn't."

Kuzco claims, "It brewed for a while, it's just that very few people knew."

Sparkles states, "At the moment, I think part of the difficulty in um ... I guess the general feeling is lower active player numbers combined with with a long string of disasters has put a cloud on things."

Kuzco asks, "Oh yeah! What's with that? Fewer people about?"

Kinaed says, "The player in question had a lot of lead up, yes. However, I think there was a sense that things were stalled or security that it wouldn't or couldn't go ahead, so when the player actually pulled the trigger, it surprised some."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Yeah, I don't know why our pbase suddenly dropped."

Satoshi states, "Theyre all playing other muds lol"

Kinaed states, "For myself, IRL has been insane."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi claims, "Or working like me sigh"

Galax says, "School or new jobs have started again for most people"

Raspberries muses, "Maybe WoW classic?"

Raspberries states, "Everyone blames classic"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Satoshi is at work...still

Chronos claims, "I wouldn't say it was a sudden drop. The numbers I'm seeing right now are fairly average to what it's been for a while."

Pookstall states, "I've got some busy stuff going on at work, which may escalate a bit more again, but I do try to be around."

Kinaed says to Chronos, "It was a sudden drop. Last week picked up again, but we went from 33 per day to 19 in about a week, then floated in the high teens for two weeks, and this last week only recently hit 27 again."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Temi states, "We did have some really high activity right after this all happened, with the excitement, probably."

Satoshi claims, "Well i know more than a couple people just recently quit as well so that will affect numbers"

Kuzco nods.

Satoshi states, "Dunno if those numbers include multiboxes or not kin but if it does that could totally be it"

Temi says, "But it's hard to say if it's just back to normal now, or if people are feeling overtaxed by the big thing, which is why we're asking about that."

Kinaed claims, "Two of our staff members went on prescheduled vacations (well deserved and nothing wrong with it), but that was immediately after the event, so that was just bad timing."

Galax says, "It's felt more difficult to connect with new or lower-power players while also managing established player tasks. But I've beaten that horse dead twice and don't want to underplay other factors"

Temi nods at galax.

Temi says, "That's always challenging."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, perfect storm of tiny things did add up to make handling the event less than as we'd have liked."

Satoshi says, "Ive been feeling really burnt out trying to connect with new characters with the like, character turnover rate tbh "

Kuzco says, "It's hard to be the K-- Seneschal and have time to meet new people =("

Raspberries says, "Seems a funny comment when the event was the murder of the ruler of the kingdom"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Raspberries states, "Meh, coulda been better"

KING claims, "Yeah, I'm trying to be all over and meet new people, but it's been a Thing aha"

Kinaed claims, "We're lightly discussing the plot."

Lans places their right fist over their heart in salute to Ianthe.

Puck asks, "Ah, re: the forum poll and such?"

Temi nods.

Temi declaims, "Yep!"

Kinaed says, "Well, to be clear, Staff did not decide to murder the queen and walk away from the plot. Staff had lives and real obligations and basically looked at a plot someone raised to murder the queen, thought it was pretty unlikely, processed it with a decision tree based on a heap of factors (including other players plots) and their dice rolled well. So we felt obligated to honor the action."

Temi states, "We're hearing loud and clear that people want the actions they've already taken to be taken into account and have a real effect. We're also trying to decide how much additional drama and RP impact we want to throw in in the near future."

Kinaed muses, "But being a bit defensive over it, my apologies, maybe we can focus on next steps and what would make the next plot better rather than rehash anyone's dissatisfaction with the past?"

Raspberries, for one, thinks that was great.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Lans wonders to Kinaed, "Do you think we are headed to a new Baronial council-like minigame?"

Raspberries hopes for civil war personally.

Temi says, "That's an option we're considering - probably something that feels different - but we want whatever it is to have the character of the players wishes for it."

Lans nods at Temi.

Lans says, "Thank you."

Ianthe wonders, "May I just raise, that there are some player and characters that are wholey unaffected by that aspect of the game. And in some way may be hurt by having the guild leaders swamped with that drama instead of guild RP and such?"

Galax just wants to have nonviolent, chaste tea parties...

Kinaed says, "I think there's sometimes a disconnect between what people think the outcome of their actions is and what actually happens that makes people feel like as if they're getting less leverage also. This is endemic across big plots where multiple people are playing in the field. We can't reveal what player X and player Y are doing precisely, only the symptoms of what they're doing. So player X expects something to succeed, Player Y does too, and they get Z as the outcome, and both are unhappy."

Temi claims, "We totally get that too - hence understanding the desire to just be over with it."

Kinaed nods at Ianthe.

Puck states, "It's not impossible to support both camps, just more difficult, especially with limited staff resources."

Ianthe claims, "I mean, I'm hoping I get to take part in that aspect with the char at some point, or another later down the line."

Temi states, "If you do have opinions on how much more of this you want to see, please do respond on the poll on the forums."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi states, "I feel like this...should affect every character though. this is a real threat of civil war"

Temi claims, "Whatever we do, I think we are planning on making it a staff-sponsored plot, so it's not QP keeping people from being involved."

Sparkles claims, "On some level, I think it would be in the future that something of that magnitude being an event or an ST rather than an IC Event post, because it would more actively allow people to react/participate."

Satoshi trails off, "Even if you are not a bigwig it nakes...casual scenes feel so tepid"

Kinaed says, "I dunno, I don't think most Americans are aware of how much military activity their country has had in Iran in the past 20 years. TI takes place in Lithmore, the majority of characters are non-combatants."

Raspberries states, "Well, we do go through a lot of royalty. "

Tasker asks, "Iran?#"

Kuzco claims, "Operation Daravi Freedom."

Kinaed trails off, "Civil war would probably worry them, but until it's sitting on the doorstep of the capital, most people..."

Kinaed says, "Iraq. See? AMERICANS."

Raspberries wonders, ""Queen's dead." "What again?""

Satoshi states, "Yeah but there are literal soldiers at every gate. walking through the city. moods everywhere about it"

Tasker states, "Oh thank god I thought i missed another war"

Elysaveta says, "High queen turnover."

Kinaed states, "I mistyped. :P"

Satoshi states, "War in modern time is countries away. like the front. this is HERE in the city"

Kinaed states, "Actually, that and I am ignorant. :)"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "The palace is not in the city, it is north of the city. Even so, there's not a standing military except the Knights Lithmorran and, to a lesser extent, the Reeves militia"

Satoshi says, "Every character should have at least minimal uncomfortable brushes with the effects of soldiers literally camping outside the city, though"

Tasker queries, "I thought there was a whole lot of Army troops now?"

Kinaed claims, "War may be coming, but war isn't here yet. What happened was an action on the palace, then a siege on the palace."

Raspberries states, "Yeah, three groups now"

Satoshi claims, "Theres bannermen at every gate, kin"

Temi states, "Everyone should be feeling it now, but they don't have to be really feeling the full impact. They could just pepper their conversations with grumps that some bannermen are taking over their bars in their freetime."

Ianthe questions, "How much does that really affect RP though?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "There's a pressure on the populace for sure, but there's been no battles and a hostile force hasn't approached Lithmore as of yet."

Raspberries states, "Start loading some grumpy guard NPCs into people's phomes"

Puck says, "A lot of it relies on us as players to take what's going on and run with it. Which arguably can be a little difficult if you're not deep in it or generally knowledgeable about the Big Stuff."

Wimpled wonders, "IC post 38 says there are are bannermen/armies crowding around the capitals gates in encampments?"

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Raspberries nods.

Kuzco states, "Yeah the whole city's surrounded by military tents. I should work to make it more 'feel-able'."

Kinaed states to Wimpled, "Yes, but that's an influx of people, not a battle or war happening."

Puck claims, "I don't have any great solutions to suggest at the moment for that, but I think we've all been discussing how to disseminate information better lately."

Kinaed says, "Yet."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Kuzco claims, "Like ask Niamh to drop tents everywhere, maybe a few mobs too"

Wimpled states, "Right, but it sounded like it was being said that there aren't troops nearby, but pot 38 makes it sound like there are troops around the city and the situation is rather dire, which isn't the vibe I'm getting here."

Temi says, "But if the complaint is that you can't go on with normal life - we think it's entirely reasonable that you do."

Kinaed says, "No, I was just saying that civil war hasn't broken out and hasn't arrived at the capital."

Elysaveta says, "As a boring character, that's all I do."

Elysaveta coughs.

Ianthe states, "Many characters don't have a reason to leave the gates"

Raspberries nods.

Satoshi says, "Still the tension makes "normal" rp feel very out of place, at least for me"

Kinaed states, "I think I'm hearing that we have some communication gaps in how we go about plots. We did hear before that too many IC events to process was a problem, so asked (and intended to remind staff) to add a TLDR in highlight at the bottom of posts as a first step."

INFO: Elinor has just created!

Kinaed says, "What other things can we do? I heard put some troops around, tents to support them, and maybe moods."

Kuzco claims, "I dropped a few moods here and there, obvs I can't drop in Southside easily"

Kuzco states, "I'd make an ST centered about this if I had time and energy, neither of which I have."

Raspberries trails off, "Easily enough..."

Wimpled claims, "I appreciate in the Daravi plot that there seemed to be a lag between processing of plots, so it gave some time in-between. That may be because it had a series of progressive headers. "

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Puck says, "Yeah, I was going to suggest some kind of ST Lite access to props related to plots or something."

Raspberries nods.

Temi claims, "If the complaint is that you're too involved with the big stuff and unable to do the stuff you actually want to do, we get that, and want to know you're feeling that. If the complaint is that you can't get involved and you really want to have more opportunity for that, we'd like to know that too."

Ianthe says, "Or maybe like an overall plot summary page "

Puck claims, "Something we can do as players and take off staff to do lists."

Kinaed sings into thought.

Raspberries states, "Lalalla"

Kinaed chuckles, "Sinks. Anyway, I think we have some good ideas, I'm not sure if it'll address any malaise."

Puck says, "I've been interpreting the poll through my personal experiences and feel like there's a majority of players/characters who want to know what's going on and maybe have the OPTION of getting involved in bigger plots, but not the REQUIREMENT. Kind of like IRL when people want to still be invited to parties but maybe don't really have the spoons for big social events too often."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Temi nods.

Puck wonders, "Could we maybe look into creating more hooks attached to plots for people, like the new helpinfo matchmaking stuff?"

Kinaed muses, "My perception of the malaise is "I just spent 100 QP 100000 silver, and all I got was a stinking siege that didn't get me the result I wanted"... am I right?"

Kinaed queries to Puck, "Example please?"

Puck claims, "Mind, this is pulled out of my ear."

Raspberries says, "I think after the Daravi plot, Basdes said he planned to make more opportunities to involve people in the future"

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "It's not quite that. It's more like -- I don't know if it made a difference, and what would have happened if this effort had been bigger or smaller. Conveying narrative impact in a clear and concise way is the way to go."

Puck states, "Someone's doing a plot advance to gather citizens into a meat shield militia."

Kuzco sneezes loudly.

Satoshi says, "Well an example from the forums, one would think an interdiction would have had a visible effect--knights leaving estella, or being slain or something. there seemed to be no reaction to it"

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "For example, with the army levy plot -- finally stating, "ok the combined efforts did exactly this" was and felt good-- ATCHOO"

Puck states, "Maybe a lot of it is secret stuff not everyone knows about. BUT they can add a plot hook that's visible saying that word is spreading around the city asking for true Davites to lend their arms or skills to the cause."

Kuzco states, "The interdiction was interesting, yes."

Puck claims, "And people who can throw a punch are asked to contact so-and-so."

Elysaveta states, "Mostly, I just don't feel involved in the plot. But, a big part of that is RL stuff limiting my time as much as it being not something my PC might be involved in."

Elysaveta shrugs.

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Can you give me an example of how we might do that? I get what you're saying - for example, when playing Dragon Age, it's obvious that there's multiple paths and they're quite different. When playing Greedfall, there was branching, but it wasn't obvious if you went down a specific path what the other path quantified as, so decisions felt less weighty. I'm not sure how to translate that into 'good storytelling' for TI"

Kuzco pontificates to Elysaveta, "Do feel free to reach me if you want an in!"

KING says, "Yeah, having a solid "You did it" was really satisfying after a while of what kinda felt like running into a wall. Slightly headfirst."

Kinaed states, "Though I can assure you we took everything happening at once into account, which actually slowed us down a bit more as we were lacking staff AND having to be aware of the big picture when responding to small actions."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Temi says, "Yeah, and there were some delays on figuring out how to handle it, and give that final impact, which we apologize for, but that's part of the stuff we wanted everyone on the same page for."

Sparkles says, "I think what's being said having perhaps the army, mercenaries, et all that were called with the megaplot physicially represented on grid as being "real" might help some."

Kuzco queries to Kinaed, "A clearer picture of what's going on in the kingdom regarding the plot would be good. For example -- what's going on in Ahmurst that would easily reach the capital. Any word from farin's border after the daravi plot? Any news about Estella's flight?"

Kuzco claims, "I feel like I raised the royal army and now I don't know what to do with it, for instance. Because I don't know if and where is a/the threat."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "I'm not sure I'd believe that because there was a response from Amhurst - multiple. One where Roland said "I didn't do it, but if the Crown is up for grabs, I really am a legitimate ab Harmon, so I'm going for it" and another where he reiterated that, then several plots with people ivnestigating what he was up to and getting the same message."

Temi states, "To some extent, that depends on our plans going forwards."

Raspberries claims, "I'm OOCly unsure about Estella's flight- whether she would be reachable via plot, or if it is related to her excommunication and therefore being in a 'safe place'"

Kinaed muses, "These were on the IC Event board, and don't seem to have 'made the impact' of saying what they said?"

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Oh yes, definitely, sorry -- forgot to mention that. I meant updated news."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "The updated news we want to know whether we're escalating or winding down."

Ianthe says, "Shooting from the hip here, Raising an army could effect the gerneral populace in a number of ways. Higher taxes, lesser availablility of foods, and metals etc."

Temi claims, "Apologies for the limbo."

Kinaed nods at Ianthe.

Kuzco says, "But yes there was intelligence around Amhurst and staff replied to our plots beautifully =)"

Kuzco claims to Ianthe, "Drafted"

Raspberries nods at Ianthe.

KING says, "Yeah, raising taxes does make sense, ect."

Kinaed asks, "Maybe we should put something in the changes section of login explaining in short sentences what's going on plot-wise?"

Ianthe states, "I would love that"

Puck claims, "Good for future consideration, good way of letting PCs feel the weight of plots going on and also potentially gives noncombatants more to do that contributes in a meaningful way."

Kuzco declares to Kinaed, "That sounds like a step in the right direction!"

Satoshi states, "Sorry i gotta scoot for now but yes to the login thing thats excellent"

KING pontificates, "Love it!"

Kinaed queries to Satoshi, "Want a retrans?"

Sparkles claims, "The thing about raising taxes is I'm guessing that's going to be Metrics based et al, but how do you address Metrics with lower numbers? (As projects for example are harder to get together with less folks.)"

Kinaed trails off, "I think we need to consider staff manpower too. I do agree it'd be great if we had things like the whole grid changing to represent stuff - that'd be awesome. But... we have 3 staff who can do it, and only one who was available to do it"

Puck nods.

Raspberries claims, "Metrics scale with the number of votes, so shouldn't matter"

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "I think we should have temporary bonuses or negatives to city metrics based on what's going on though."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Yeah it's why I didn't ask for it yet."

Puck claims, "Agreed on temp adjustments."

Raspberries nods.

Raspberries states, "Sounds fair"

KING says, "Still love it, yup."

Galax claims, "I do think, maybe belatedly, it's harder to detect what one's actions did to the 'outcome' of the plot because some of what's happening is player decision making in reaction to other player decision making"

Kuzco states, "That's reasonable to mention, yes."

Temi nods at galax.

Kuzco claims, "The X Y -> Z thing you said."

Ianthe claims, "As a freeman with no power, metrics don't affect me until they affect me. I don't care if things go up or down. But when infrastructure drops and that changes how exhausted it makes me to get to my favorite tavern. THAT's when I'm going to start reading up on how IP works etc."

Chronos is idle.

Temi says, "Which is part of why we want the metrics to have real affects."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so here's where I'm at in taking notes:
- Put a TLDR highlighted in cyan on ALL IC event posts
- Make sure to mirror anything happening on IC events in-game with mobs, moods, and other things that 'fill in' the plot. For example, someone suggested mini-plots where soldiers come knock on someone's phome door and demand to take residence (probably too labor intensive, but point made)
- Make sure to give players a sense of whether things are escalating or de-escalating
- Temporary bonuses or negatives to city metrics based on what's going on in the world
- Add some login news to summarize the plot, maybe like we do changes."

Kuzco says, "I hope that's not too much for staff -- but it sounds good."

KING agrees.

Raspberries nods.

Sparkles states, "Honestly just a few wandering mobs or objects at the gates would provide the flavor maybe with less um, work."

Puck claims, "Suggestion for the mobs/moods part if I may."

Ianthe states, "It might be fun too, if some of the pvents were relevant to the current goings on. A soldier asked to see your papers or something like that"

Raspberries asks to see the soldier's papers.

Temi states, "We can add new pvents, but we don't really have the easy ability to make them temporary."

Kuzco claims, "More like 'a soldier accosts you and offers you money to bring them food/women/song/a chained hillman"

Kinaed questions, "Did I miss things people already said?"

Puck says, "Maybe adjust the scripts on the quarter mobs and drop a couple more in common hubs that will comment on current events when people come through."

Kinaed declaims to Puck, "Ooh, I lagged!"

Puck says, "'s okay! Just thinking that would make it easier for staff to keep up with."

Puck states, "And hopefully not take too much from troub power IC."

Puck claims, "Maybe on the carriage drivers, since I think they're already at all the gates."

Kinaed says, "Hmm."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, anything else that would help players feel like we're taking their actions into account and feeling better about participation/awareness?"

Kuzco says, "Nothing more on my end, and thank you for listening to all of us."

Raspberries claims, "Nothing pops to mind"

KING says, "I'm satisfied with all that, and yeah, thank you for being so adaptive."

Kuzco states, "Everyone crush hug Kin."

Raspberries states, "I gave some thoughts on how plots might be handled for the header, if you'd like to refer to it for the staff meeting"

Kuzco crush hugs Kinaed.

Raspberries says, "It's on the poll page"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "We'll double check on that"

Galax thinks about crush hugging but then worries about spam.

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy to hear thoughts. We didn't have any topics."

Kinaed says, "We do have 10 minutes until we need to wrap up, but I was hoping to have a staff meeting, and we're missing most of the staff."

Kinaed says, "So I can hang out longer."

Ianthe claims, "The Joker was great and you all should see it"

Kinaed smiles.

Sparkles raises a hand.

Kinaed states, "I take it we're exhausted with the topic."

Kinaed wonders to Sparkles, "Yes?"

Raspberries says, "Well to sum up, instead of people writing out their own plots against the header, staff would open perhaps one plot a week for people to contribute to"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed claims, "We were thinking of limiting people to having one plot open at a time on a Header Plot."

KING says, "End of the day with the plot, I will say this; it has been overall incredibly fun and I have gotta so engaged and into TI as a whole, so the pros way over-weigh the cons for me."

Raspberries says, "Which would be basically one round, and everyone has the chance to do something that round. maybe one action, and one reaction"

Kinaed says, "And telling people we'll only process them on Day X, so everyone knows when we're resolving things."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states to KING, "Thank you for that."

Kuzco smiles sat King.

Kitty stops using a tower-shaped wooden toy, affixed with a crank to the side.

Kinaed claims, "One good thing about a medival fantasy is that travel and whatnot all takes some time, so things don't need to be resolved in a finger snap to be realistic"

Puck says, "I've seen something like that work well elsewhere, yeah. I was typing earlier that I think it would help both players and staff to have like, plot-specific expectations written up somewhere."

Sparkles says, "On an unrelated topic, I've been pondering ways to perhaps up ... lighten up the mood through Bard stuffs. And I was thinking how something that really added a lot of fun, IMHO, to the game when it happened last year was the Spring Awakening area. I asked once before, and I'd pondered trying to run something like that as an ST, but that wouldn't create the rooms (or allow people to interact with any when I logged out, as stuff disappears when the ST logs out.)"

Raspberries claims, "Unless you call your mage friends with portals"

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Galax sighs and puts away her Infinity Gauntlet jokes.

Puck claims, "Like how everyone knows to give X number of days for response to requests before checking in."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Kinaed says, "We currently have a 3 day SLA. Please don't bug us unless the plot hasn't been answered for 3 days. That said, we did hit the limit last week due to unavailability."

Kuzco wonders, "What's SLA?"

Kinaed even jumped in to try to help, but screwed it up because she doesn't do plots often and no one saw her resolutions.

Raspberries states, "The items/npcs loaded by STs don't disappear unless the ST is closed. if it's paused they stay"

Kinaed states, "Service level agreement - basically, staff aren't late responding if it's within three days."

Kuzco claims, "Oh of course, man this is a free game with a volunteer staff"

KING states, "Oh yeah, that sounds good."

Temi says, "That doesn't mean we'll take 3 days, and we may try to do them more quickly if we can."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Though that can lead to people being overwhelmed too."

Kinaed states, "Basically, we're doing our best and try to prioritize as well as we can."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "Apparently, I've been informed, the Spring Awakening area was a 'gift' from the now dead queen, and bards can (I suppose the agreement may be a ? now, but theoretically) get access to it as a perk for activities."

Kinaed says, "Just a head's up"

KING says, "In fairness, I'll always prefer a thoughtful/planned staff reply to a rushed one, so yeah."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. I want to say, thank you everyone who participated in this conversation."

Kuzco exclaims, "Great!"

Galax states, "Ooooooh."

Raspberries pontificates, "Thanks all, see you on grid!"

Kuzco declares, "Remember to post a review at https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/ !"

Kinaed claims, "I apologize for any strife or poor service in the past week from Staff, and thank you those who are understanding."

KING declaims, "Thanks everyone! Love you Staff!"

Kuzco declaims, "IT's sooooper important!"

Kinaed states, "We will do our best to learn from our mistakes, and I'll take these notes we made back to the staff at large and try to up our game a bit. Please do not feel shy in making suggestions int he future."

Tasker claims, "Poor service, Temi didn't get me breakfast."

Kuzco declaims, "More Norrig statues!"

Kinaed says, "Yes, thank you to anyone who is willing to write a review :)"

Kinaed grins at Tasker.

KING exclaims, "Higher taxes! Pay me!"

Ianthe exclaims, "I posted a suggestion on reddit the other day!"

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, have a great week, everyone! See you next week, same time, same place!"

Kuzco declaims, "Also tip your bards!"

Raspberries declares, "Yes! More statues to topple when overthrown!"

Raspberries queries, "Overthrone?"

Kinaed exclaims to Ianthe, "Thank you!"

• Information