Log of OOC Meeting 2019-08-10

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Temi gives a plump cupcake, disguised like an overflowing fruit basket to Wimpled.

Raspberries is coming up blank.

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "All good, we can go without player topics if no one has any."

Emerald states, "Nothing from me."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Emerald.

Kinaed states, "Okay, if anyone thinks of a topic, please send me a tell and I'll slot you in."

Kinaed claims, "In the meantime, let's kick off Staff Updates."

[Action: Emerald is curled on a rog and shimmering. ]

Estella states, "I'd like to bring something up."

[Action: Emerald is curled on a rug and shimmering. ]

Kinaed says, "Last week, I actually completed the Jail Automation specification and submitted it to Azarial. If anyone wants to have a look, I'm happy to make it public."

Raspberries says, "Whoa whoa"

Kinaed states to Estella, "I've got you - please pre-write your topic."

Estella nods at Kinaed.

Emerald says, "Nice."

Rosetta claims, "Yes please"

Estella states, "I'd like to see it."

Raylene has RP ON, type "RP" to toggle it off.

Cheeky declaims, "Congrats, I hope that feels like a nice weight off your shoulders!"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, a moment while I make that public. I also handled a few policy cases - on that, a public service announcement (or more, a 'Keep Kinaed Sane' announcement) - someone upsetting someone else or offending someone is not a policy issue. Policy issues are people breaking the rules or established precidents as per HELP POLICY."

Emerald is never sane, just to let you know.

Kinaed states, "If you're thinking of bringina policy case, please take the time to look up the rule you think someone broke and state it in your message."

Kinaed declares, "That's all from me - Azarial, you're up!"

Azarial says, "I've been catching up on bugs and crashes; the rollover crash has finally been resolved.  I need to read jail automation and look into more data returns on matchmaker to see what is hanging it up."

Kinaed has redirected a note, Jail Automation Specification (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Niamh) (Edited by Temi) (Edited by Kinaed), on the Bugs board.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I don't see anything on the changes board that's super exciting."

Kinaed claims, "Mostly bug fixes."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi states, "Okay!  My big project this week was going through the cooking craft and adjusting costs and returns."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries says, "I've noticed that! There goes my diet."

Kinaed comforts Raspberries.

Temi claims, "This was to bring it more in line with the costs of food items available at NPC shops on grid, and consists of a mix of upping quantities and bringing down the over the top returns on some gourmet items."

Kinaed says, "Food shop food prices are based on the mv return they provide."

Temi says, "Since we have a hard setting on how much mvs each silver worth of value returns, some of them had got a bit crazy, so those are now focused more in multiple 'a serving of x'"

Kinaed states, "The more they cost, the more mv you get."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "So you get more servings of fancy chocolate dessert, but you can reasonably afford to sell each for less than 40 silver."

Temi grins.

Emerald says, "Oh thank bob"

Raspberries states, "Thank Temi."

Kinaed nods at Emerald.

Emerald states, "I almost wish we could make yeast. I know it is not possible, but I wish"

Temi claims, "So, some ups and downs in the tweaking, but in general, in the favor of more generous."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Raspberries says, "There's other sources for yeast."

Kinaed states, "This change/update is based on OOC Chat feedback. Thank you all as well for letting us know that it was something to look at."

Emerald states, "Really/"

Raspberries says, "Mhmm. find out ICly though"

Emerald says, "Yes ma'am."

Kinaed has released Niamh back to the Pattern.

Emerald asks, "Niamh is ... what?"

Kinaed says, "Oh, don't worry about it - I just dropped her out because she was Link Dead."

Emerald claims, "Ok, you freaked me out. :D I was like there is some wheel of time stuff up in here."

Kinaed grins at Emerald.

Estella states, "It's okay. She just went crazy cause of the Taint."

Duraina says, "Not another one :P"

Kinaed's eyes light up and she rubs her hands.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's the last of our Staff Updates. Thank you, Staff, for your work this week. Deeply appreciated."

Elysaveta states, "We're all crazy here, it's okay."

Kinaed queries, "Next on the agenda - Player Heartbeat! How was the game this last week, folks?"

Estella declaims, "I loved it. I got a nice warm welcome! Thanks everyone!"

Francesca says, "Bit up and down. Some interesting scenes. Thank you to everyone who came to the awards ceremony."

Kinaed smiles at Estella.

Esmerelde claims, "Slowed down a little, but hoping for things to get wrapped up soon."

Satoshi says, "Had a lot of fun scenes, been hunting down ~secrets~ which is fun"

Kinaed nods at Esmerelde.

Duraina states, "May I just say a big thank you to staff for the new IC slash plot happening, making for so much RP"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Nice :)"

Kitty is adjusting, but doing alright.

Temi states, "You'll have to thank Basdes for that one"

Estella states, "Oh yeah, I wish Basdes was here so I can give him a big clap on the back."

Raspberries declares, "I've been having some fun! and yes, shout out to Basdes for running the plot"

Emerald just hugs Esmerelde and murmurs, "Up and down and emotional and such. The usual with me."

Kinaed states, "Yes, we're very thrilled that Basdes has joined us and taken to running plots so well."

Satoshi declaims, "Yeah the plot has been super fun already!"

Rosetta states, "I had a good week of RP. Thanks to all who RP'ed with me. :)"

Raspberries states to Esmerelde, "I've been trying to send RP your way, thanks for the RP hooks. :)"

Estella exclaims, "Rosetta, your name is awesome!"

Rosetta states, "Thank you :D"

Kinaed claims, "If I can suggest - we've had trouble keeping plot staff, so if you could perhaps consider recommending him so that he gets a little personal 'you did good man' he can always look back at, that might be great."

Estella says, "Not jealous. At all. Not one bit."

Temi nods in agreement.

Estella asks, "We can give recommends to staff?"

Kinaed nods at Estella.

Temi says, "And try not to scare him away by being disagreeable if there's anything you don't like."

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Emerald queries, "Death and distruction? I will cry"

Estella pontificates, "I am just saying, brace yourself Temi. Recommends are coming. You've been my personal hero!"

Temi says, "Uh oh."

Estella claims, "(And everyone else on Staff)"

Emerald grins.

Emerald wonders, "Can I sing wind beneath my wings?"

Kinaed smiles.

Esmerelde exclaims to Raspberries, "Appreciated!"

Duraina claims, "Well I am really looking forward to the next few weeks and all the RP going down, and a bit welcome to Estella, RP has been great fun"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have anything shitting them about the game that isn't a topic, but otherwise they wants Staff to be aware of?"

Emerald curls fearfully upon the rug.

Estella ponders.

Estella says, "Huh. That's strange. There's nothing I can complain about."

KING declaims, "Everything's fine for me!"

Emerald says, "Me either."

Temi says, "Oh, look at that."

Estella states, "I'm quitting this game ya'll."

Estella says, "No complain = no fun."

The air stirs and Basdes materializes. [OOC]

Emerald grins.

Emerald says, "Bask...s."

Temi points at Basdes. "Look!  Tell him what you think of your plot!"

Raspberries drops down on Basdes's appearance and makes jazz hands.

Emerald trails off, "Or basd... why do you have such a weird name/"

Francesca says, "It's cool, bruh."

Emerald states, "Your plot rocks socks."

Kinaed asks, "Maybe we can wind back a bit and let Basdes give us a quick update? Basdes, can you tell us what you did last week, and what you have planned for this week?"

Duraina claims, "We love the plot"

Satoshi claps for Basdes! 

Estella pontificates, "It's great. I'd make a joke, but you're new, so I'll play nice. :) I really love the plot!"

Elysaveta states, "I clearly need to find some plot shenanigans IC."

Kinaed grins.

Basdes trails off, "I'm not sure why I chose the name. It was 3 AM. Okay: my update..."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Kitty claims, "3 a.m. is a great time to choose names."

Elysaveta trails off, "I'll figure out how to do that later..."

Reed is idle.

Duraina claims, "Estella you better not quit, we just got started causing havoc :P"

Estella says, "It was a joke. :)"

Reed is no longer idle.
Reed has returned from AFK.

KING also needs to get their grubby hands on a plot.

Temi says, "And remember, folks.  Plots attached to plot headers are free."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Just have to select the staff-supported plot type."

Basdes claims, "First up: Those awaiting responses on plots, those should be handled tomorrow. I'm in the middle of nowhere. Now: This week I launched the Into the Long Knight plot and I have some big plans for it so stay tuned. As for other business, I've been taking my time getting comfortable in the position, learning commands and procedures what with typo updates and building requests. "

Estella pontificates, "That was a really nice surprise!"

Basdes says, "And hi, I'm Basdes and I'm new."

Kinaed smiles at Basdes.

Reed says, "Hi Basdes! :) clapclapclap."

Francesca throws confetti.

Raspberries claps.

Kinaed states to Basdes, "Welcome - and thank you for your hard work on behalf of TI this last week."

Kitty pats Basdes.

Emerald attempts to snuggle Basdes 

Rosetta claims, "Well done and thank you Basdes"

Basdes states, "It's my sincerest pleasure. :)"

KING busts a confetti cannon

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think we can skip back to Player Topics now. I only have one from Estella at the moment."

Estella declaims, "Thank you, Basdy! I'll try not to break you before this time next week!"

Raspberries states, "I've given Basdes some work this week, fixing a bunch of broken weapons. Remember to check to see that your weapons are dealing the right kind of damage after the recent change"

Emerald states, "Also... Eventually I need to do a plot."

Kinaed wonders to Estella, "Would you like to introduce everyone to your topic?"

Estella says, "I've been wondering if we can make Tracking work with Riding? It is a time and sanity saver. Right now, you dismount, do your tracking, mount again, change the pace and track your magical pony to his cave with magic mushrooms, so you can get your high. I can see a few potential issues with the speed bump, but this is not my first rodeo as a Knight; catching someone you are tracking never happened to me, unless they actually stopped somewhere to do something."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Estella says, "I just want my mushrooms, man."

Emerald eats all the mushrooms.

Estella exclaims, "No! Bad!"

Temi wonders, "Would you still be interested if it a was skill deduction?"

Estella states, "Absolutely."

Emerald coos happily

Francesca states, "'Speed bump' lol."

Kinaed states to Estella, "I think tracking is pretty powerful as is, and irl you can't track like that from horseback. There's also armor encumbrance issues, etc. I think it will be took quick to be fair if we let it work from horseback."

Kitty says, "I don't see how that is ICly logical? You wouldn't be able to see the subtleties of a track from the height you would be on top of a horse. it's... quite high up."

KING claims, "If I can add in, tracking from horseback is pretty realistic for someone skilled enough. I have and still do it."

Estella says, "I'd be fine with it being a skill deduction, completely erasing difficult tracks, or costing MV."

Satoshi claims, "As far as I understand, higher tracking skill gives INSANE detail"

Raspberries claims, "I don't mind tracking not working from horseback."

Estella nods.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi states, "Sometimes up to the footwear that made the tracks. That's not something that you should be able to get from a horse"

Flower says, "Trackers are always on foot, you gotta get down and get in touch with that print."

Emerald says, "Well it would make sense that you would have to get off the horse, but yeah."

Temi says, "It certainly makes less IC sense as it would be harder to see anything and get a good idea for it.  But might not be absolutely crazy it it was a big penalty"

Estella asks, "Like I said. I think it's just a sanity saver. Perhaps if it was made a threaded command?"

Emerald claims, "You get good exercise though. :d"

Estella queries, "All I am really trying to suggest is: can we skip the 4 commands you have to enter every time?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll throw the idea up on the Staff Talking Points, and we can discuss further."

Kitty claims, "You could always just not get up and down when tracking."

Kinaed nods at KING.

Emerald says, "I feel a song coming on"

Satoshi says, "Yeah since tracking like, you are following behind and trusting to the quarry stopping or meandering while you are going quickly"

Rosetta says, "What about the command to string commands together..it exist but i cant recall its name"

Kinaed states, "I directed that to the wrong person, apologies."

Raspberries says, "Tracking in the game is very powerful once you learn the skill and get a feel for it- it's almost too powerful since there's limited ways to defeat it. track cover doesn't fully cover tracks"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Emerald wonders, "You can do that? Really? Omigod"

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Track cover can fully cover tracks if the player's tracking skill is high enough."

Estella claims, "Track also doesn't work everywhere, or follow through certain exits."

Kinaed states to Rosetta, "The command is alias with piping."

Emerald asks, "What is piping?"

Satoshi says, "That takes meta understanding of how track works to go around it though, which I don't think should be OVERLY taken into consideration when planning around tracking"

Kinaed says, "Pipping being the vertical bars that, if I type them, will break my say into two commands :)"

Rosetta says, "Thats it thanks Kinaed"

Estella says, "That is a fair point."

Raspberries states to Kinaed, "I think that may need to be looked at then. helpfile says it only takes it to faint, and I've not seen a track disappear for anything other than time or being covered by 10 new tracks"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "I'll note that for review, thanks."

Emerald asks, "So... Can it be done with other things? Or is it just says?"

Kinaed states, "All commands."

Satoshi states, "I strongly feel like there is already a sort of community acceptance of meta-ing around systems sometimes, so while tracking won't SHOW through certain exits or things, specifically planning it that way 'im gonna duck into this place because it breaks track' should be viewed as meta-gaming"

Emerald says, "I am ginuinely curious because I've never done it ever."

Kinaed states, "Piping uses || (I can use the color code symbol to break it up) to create multiple commands in a line."

Raspberries claims, "See help multicommands"

Raspberries winks.

Raspberries winks.

Satoshi states, "Also most clients have a symbol that breaks up commands, default is usually the pipe or semicolon"

Emerald trails off, "Oh, derp..."

Emerald claims, "I knew that but I just have never seen it done like that."

Estella says, "Either way, being mounted doesn't really defeat tracking. As I said before, it has never happened to me to catch someone I was tracking, by following them - on foot, or on horseback. But, if you are playing the type of character that is up to some stuff that makes them worthy of investigation, I personally think - and this might be the wrong way to go about it - that the same amount of effort should be made to remain covert, as it takes us to expose them."

Raspberries claims, "I've caught people while tracking"

Kinaed says, "I think this kind of tracking is better than the mud default track, which literally moves you room to room until you come upon your prey"

Kinaed says, "'s location just like using the travel command."

Estella claims, "I agree. I love this tracking system."

Kinaed says, "I am not certain that what we built is balanced."

KING also agrees.

Estella says, "I think making it threaded would be a huge boost."

Kitty states, "Realistically, if someone is running, vs. someone behind and having to track them to chase... the person tracking is going to go at a slower pace if they don't see them. If they see them, all bets are off."

Kinaed states, "It was interesting to hear Raspberries suggest it might be OP, and I'd love to hear more about that point of view."

Temi claims, "We haven't found it to be unbalanced, based on the usages of it and the problems it actually causes to bring up."

Kinaed has made a note to consider threading it.

Satoshi states, "I have seen a couple different types of tracking in games, and I DO like the system with it actually"

Temi claims, "But we haven't heard enough anecdotes either direction to be sure it doesn't have the possibility of being used in an unbalanced manner"

Satoshi claims, "But it does seem to be that with NO skill you can see tracks fairly accurately, just maybe without information"

Kinaed claims, "If we thread it, I think the need to make it not work from horseback becomes negligble."

Estella states, "I don't find it unbalancing. Last time I played, I had tracking grandmastered, and it definitely brought some advantages, but they weren't groundbreaking or overpowering."

Satoshi says, "Most games you need a modicum of skill to even SEE tracks, since people aren't usually bale to find footprints, but that's negligible and doesn't make it OP"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Yes, that's fairly standard for skills that you can practice up from no skill to skilled."

Estella claims, "Usually, it ends up - in my experience - just being an information collection tool. Nothing else."

Satoshi states, "And most of the 'cool' tracking things you only get with a learnslot, which I think balances it enough as is"

Raspberries claims, "Perhaps you could see 'observable' (the morst obvious) tracks from horseback, and not anything fainter"

Kinaed took a note.

KING likes rasp idea there.

Cheeky says, "I admit to being a little uncomfortable about giving specific strings with tracking, in the same vein of assuming cloaks aren't as unique ICly as they are from an OOC perspective."

Kinaed says, "I think that tracking is actually pretty powerful, especially for people who hunt other people."

Raspberries nods.

Satoshi claims, "Oh that's not a terrible idea. That way if someone bothered to take the time to cover, you'd not be able to see it"

Kinaed queries, "I've gotten that sense from watching master trackers go about their business. The question that comes to mind is - unfairly so, or is it actually pretty good?"

Raspberries states, "I think if most people knew how powerful tracking can be, they'd all be pretty paranoid. ;)"

Satoshi queries, "As far as the string I think that's master or grandmaster level? So like a heavy exchange, giving up something else to be able to do it"

Estella states, "I can pretty much tell you that tracking is most likely the single-most powerful tool in our arsenal."

Estella states, "It is likely the only tool in our arsenal."

Raspberries (in yoda voice) no, there is another.

Estella says, "*hiss*"

Kinaed says, "Nah, you've got stuff like mage ash and general combat-access things too."

Flower chuckles.

Estella states, "Yeah, but that requires us to run into the criminal."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Cheeky claims, "Right. I'm coming from a pretty limited "personal experience" perspective on it, though I know any situation can feel unfairly balanced from the losing end."

Kinaed nods at Estella.

Estella states, "I think tracking, in a gameplay-wise sense, and I am trying to remain partial in this"

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Emerald is paranoid already.

Estella says, "Is the only source of tension for mages and thieves - the reason why they hide and try to find new places to do their practice in."

Satoshi states, "Yeah I'm trying to filter all of my comments and opinions through  the salt, because I felt like the tracking was OP too but that falls down to 'not knowing how tracking worked' and the general assumption that if you wanted to not be tracked you'd avoid doing it"

Estella claims, "Otherwise, we're just running around blind, trying to stumble into them. And even that is hard."

Satoshi claims, "But gameplay wise, aside from the expectation of meta-knowledge, it's fairly balanced."

Kinaed states, "Anything else anyone wants to add on tracking? Otherwise, my notes are:

- Can tracking work while riding?
- Should we thread tracking?
- Review what happens when players attempt to cover their tracks
- Perhaps seeing obsercvable tracks from horseback only."

Estella states, "Tracking someone to a top of a mountain, means absolutely nothing if they're not doing anything, right? "Whatchu doing?" "Mushrooms? Want some?" "Yeah.""

Kinaed claims, "I have seen, right or wrong, people assume a person was a mage just because of where they followed them to."

Emerald says, "What are you doing out here, citizen. Um, well I was foraging till you tackled me to the ground and demanded I had over the mushrooms."

Satoshi mmmmms neutrally. "That assumes the approach of trying to find them doing something and not just jumping to assumptions."

Estella asks, "That should be a policy breach, no?"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kitty states, "I don't have a problem with tracking as it is, but then I don't know what it can do at its highest levels. I just don't think that being able to gleen things from horseback makes sense, and would *definitely* make it OP. If movement is a problem, there are ways to handle that - rations, wearing lighter armor, etc."

Raspberries says, "There's a few counter-intuitive things about tracking. for example, since tracking shows the pace of the target, sneak stands out like a sore thumb on it, rather than being stealthy"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "To be honest, a lot of mage hunting is about making assumptions because it's pretty rare that you have anyone actually cast in front of a knight."

Estella claims, "Tracking at high levels provides certain information that only becomes useful later, as you build your case."

Raspberries claims, "Sneak doesn't seem to counter anything about track, you don't leave lighter tracks when sneaking as far as I know"

Basdes waves to the wonderful players and trots off to wrap up his vacation.

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Making a note of that."

Estella claims, "I think sneak, pace and weight should heavily affect tracks."

Satoshi also makes a note of that for totally legal reasons.

The air around Basdes folds in on itself and he's gone. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "I can't make weight affect it becaujse then we'd get a hundred underfed players just because they don't want to leave tracks. In fact, Policy caught someone doing something very similar to that just this week and asked them not to create a code-improbable character just to avoid things like being tracked."

Cheeky says, "I feel like I have some thoughts on the subject but I'm having trouble stringing words together at the moment."

Estella claims, "I never thought of that."

Kinaed says to Cheeky, "You can always write a note to staff with a Personal Board after."

Cheeky nods.

Flower laughs, "That is hilarious to imagine.. underfed part.. not the other part.

Kinaed declaims, "'look, you're underfed - we know you're a magic user!""

Temi claims, "I think weight does affect the tracks, just not in that lighter people leave less tracks.  They just seem lighter."

Estella says, "So underfed he doesn't leave tracks on the ground, the ground leaves tracks on him."

Flower grins.

Raspberries states, "Lets round up the orpahns, boys."

Kinaed claims, "They'll still leave a track, yes - and in the current setup it just means they stand out more for being abnormal."

Temi claims, "We're probably better off without them anyway."

Temi nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Fair point."

Francesca says, "The poor orphans."

Raspberries pontificates, "Their fault for being poor!"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, it's 8:44am... about 15 minutes until the top of the hour. Anyone want to talk about anything else?"

Kinaed grins at Raspberries.

Francesca claims, "I'm good! I say we bounce."

Emerald states, "Me to"

KING claims, "All gucci"

Estella questions, "Can I have one of those matchmaking things?"

Cheeky claims, "I have a question about the staff talking points list."

Duraina nods in agreement.

Kinaed nods at Estella.

Estella says, "I need a sugar dad- I mean uh... what could these things possibly be for."

Estella claims, "Well, don't mind me then."

Duraina says, "I agree on bouncing"

Estella gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Raspberries claims to Kinaed, "Oh yes, remember to make your staff priorties posts. :)"

Emerald says, "I need a sugar ... wait."

Kinaed claims to Estella, "Please feel free to grab a matchmaking spec. Note: We have recently reduced the requirements trying to get matches to kick off (we assumed our criteria was too stringent)"

Kinaed says, "But it hasn't kicked off, so we think it's something else."

Kinaed says, "In theory, that specification is implemented."

Raspberries gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Temi claims, "It's never worked quite right, though."

Estella muses, "What do you mean by matches?"

Reed asks, "In terms of matchmaking, is that the automatch toggle?"

Temi nods at Reed.

Kinaed questions, "Actually, before we leave - has everyone had the chance to read the Jail Automation specification on the Bug Board? Any thoughts or concerns?"

Kinaed nods at Reed.

Num Name         Unread Description
=== ============ ====== ==================
 1> Announce     [   0] Announcements from TI Staff
 2> IC_Events    [   0] In Character "News" Events
 3> General      [   0] General Discussion and Ideas
 4> Plots        [   0] Plot Discussions
 5> Bugs         [   1] TI To Do Fix-List
 6> Typos        [   0] TI To Do Typo-list
 7> Personal     [   0] Personal Messages
 8> Requests     [   0] Requests for Staff Review
 9> Anonymous    [   0] Anonymous Discussion Board

Your current board is General.
You can both read and write on this board.

Current board changed to Bugs. You can both read and write here.
There is 1 unread note.

[ #152 ] Bugs Board
A note has been posted by: Kinaed
From room    : 97
In subject of: Jail Automation Specification (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Niamh) (Edited by Temi) (Edited by Kinaed)
Date         : Sun Aug  4 00:07:10 2019
Moved        : Fri Aug  9 22:28:14 2019
Expires      : Fri Apr 29 00:07:19 2022
To           : All staff

Please review and feedback on this specification - it's mostly making sure
the wording of the darn automatic messages is correct: 

JAIL AUTOMATION
On jailbird logout (a jailbird is a player that is not in the Order or 
Reeves who logs out of a Jail Room), a note is posted to the PC and the 
Order/Reeves as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Order Reeves Staff <Player>
Subject: <Name> Jailed
Body:
<Name> has been jailed. Please do the following:
   - Review HELP JAIL.
   - Review HELP CAPTIVITY.
   - Turn whereRP on and say hello on the jail channel when logging in.
   - Use the Personal Board to organize RP times with your captors.
   - Apply for asylum after the game detects that you have been online
     and made the necessary attempts to RP.

Common stuff:
- Your character is safe, if potentially uncomfortable.
- Unless your captor explicitly RPs otherwise, they are provided food, 
  pastoral, and medical care.
- RP Avoidance policy prohibits characters from deciding to become ill or
  dying in jail.

[ Press (c)ontinue, (r)efresh, (b)ack, (q)uit or hit (h)elp ] (50% complete)
After a captive spends 7 OOC hours online, earning less than 500 rpxp in a 
week, another note is posted to the PC and Order/Reeves as follows:

Subject: <Name> Halfway to Asylum
Body:
<Name> is half way to the requirements to seek asylum. They have not earned
enough RPxp to indicate captor engagement, but have been online enough for 
RP arrangements to have been made. 

Please use the Personal Board to schedule RP or alert the staff if
either the captive or captors are non-cooperative to arranging RP. 

After a captive spends their next week with 7 OOC hours online, earning less
than 500 RPxp in the week, another ote is posted to the PC and Order/Reeves as
follows:

Subject: <Name> Eligible for Asylum
Body:
<Name> meets the requirements to seek asylum. They have not earned
enough RPxp to indicate captor engagement, but have been online enough for 
RP arrangements to have been made. 

Please use the Plot System to apply for asylum, which entails a Policy review
of the character's case and either pardoning or organizing the character's 
escape. 

Niamh: Looks good to me.

Temi - Seems reasonable.  Though these numbers are with full weeks, right?  I thought so, btu wanted to be sure it was clear.

Kinaed "Full weeks?" It is 7 OOC days from initial logout, yes. Sound right?

Kinaed muses, "Everyone's automatch is on, right?"

Estella says, "I read it. It is quite good."

Emerald claims, "Nope"

Estella states, "It is, yeah."

Raspberries states, "It's a bit underwhelming for how many years it's been on the agenda, but don't see anything wrong with it."

Duraina nods.

KING states, "Mine is"

Emerald claims, "I turned mine .. wait I didn't have mine on. oops"

Estella says, "I never got a suggestion though."

Kitty says, "Mine is on."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "The issue was always trying to figure out what to write. Also, there's an entire 'asylum' plot piece that's already implemented."

Kinaed claims, "Er, update to the plot system"

Reed states, "It looks like mine has been on, but I don't think I've ever gotten a match suggestion on it."

Cheeky claims, "It's not clear to me how the process works out for when real attempts have been made to meet with the captive but there are scheduling conflicts or whatnot."

Estella wonders, "Maybe a random and totally unnecessary suggestion that might improve matching?"

Flower claims, "My Automatch was on but I don't think I ever received a suggestion."

Kinaed whispers, "Someone is cooking bacon in my house, and I haven't had breakfast yet."

Cheeky says, "Especially as pboard notes can be deleted."

Reed pontificates, "Get that bacon!!!"

Kitty now wants bacon...

Francesca states, "I vote we wrap so Kin can go get bacon."

Emerald wants bacon too

Estella claims, "I haven't been on for that long yet. I only played like 70 hours in 2 days."

Kinaed states to Cheeky, "The same way as today. When an asylum request comes in, staff will check if any attempt to arrange RP has been made, etc"

Estella questions, "But could it be that automatch is suppressed by pevent?"

Kinaed claims, "Staff can retrieve deleted pboard notes."

Estella says, "I got those. Just never automatch thingies."

Cheeky nods.

Kinaed says to Estella, "I don't know, but Azarial is here, so I'lll ask after."

Estella nods.

Estella says, "I don't want to keep you from bacon, but I can pboard the suggestion I had to you, if you like."

Azarial states, "Pevnt does not impact mm"

Kinaed states, "Okay, shall we wrap up? If anything pops into your head regarding jail automation (or anything else) please feel free to pboard."

Kinaed declaims to Estella, "Please do!"

Estella nods.

Raspberries waves.

Estella declares, "Sorry I couldn't help, Az!"

KING peace signs.

Francesca declares, "Enjoy the bacon!"

Flower waves byebye!

Emerald signs peace

Kinaed exclaims, "Thanks for coming, everyone. Please vote for TI to keep us visible to other people so we can grow our pbase and have more people to play with!"

Reed declares, "Bye!"
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

• Information