Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-07-13

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Emerald teaches her kids to do everything on the computer.

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Emerald nods.

Gethen nods.

Emerald claims, "Aye aye captain."

Kinaed smiles.

Camila claims, "I have a small suggestion."

Kinaed claims to Camila, "I'll add you to the topics list. Please pre-write your suggestion so you're ready to tell everyone when called upon."

Ethelon flops over into a pile of pillows.

Emerald flopps over with Ethelon and coos.

Camila says, "Already done."

Kinaed says, "Anyone else have a topic? If not, I'll kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed beams at Camila. 

Sparkles claims, "I have a small question thing."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, pretty sure I didn't do much except meddle and remind people to cnote. This coming week, I don't expect to get much done either as I'm starting a new role with a new client in my IRL job. Still on my desk - groan - Jail Automation."

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "I'll add you to the topics list, please pretype."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial claims, "I've been working on the bug list; mostly typos and minor things.  it;s hard to focus with this heat."

Kinaed states, "One thing that's been implemented is that if a GL is gambited, and the gambit fails, they have 1 OOC month of grace period where they cannot be gambited again."

Kinaed states, "A bug where notake books that were scribed were retaining the notake flag has been fixed, so people can now safely scribe notake books."

Kinaed claims, "Language tags will now appear and work in NPC descriptions."

Elysaveta states, "Time to spend all my money on books."

Kuzco says, "No topics."

Kuzco says, "I mean I forgot mine as usual."

Emerald says, "Woo"

Kinaed says, "And several of you may know already, but we have purged all characters who have not logged in for over 6 OOC months."

Kinaed says, "This freed up about 20 MB of space and a LOT of used names."

Kuzco claims, "I remember I had to type about 10 different names for Norrig."

Emerald claims, "Wow."

Kuzco claims, "Initially he was gonna be called Ulrich, lol."

Emerald trails off, "Yeah..."

Antony says, "Seems I chose a good day to begin."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed smiles at Kitty.

Pookstall declares, "Should be a lot more choices now then!"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Okay, you're up :)"

Kitty hides.

Azarial says, "The system will purge anyone short of their first milestone at the six month mark as well."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Anyone INACTIVE, right?"

Temi states, "I was busy camping through all of last weekend, and then when I got back, I kept busy with getting caught back up and getting Warwick all ready to come visit this weekend."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Any plans for this coming week?"

Temi claims, "Warwick's visit"

Emerald says, "I am nervous about that, tbh."

Kinaed states, "Oh, that's an IC thing? Oops."

Temi nods.

Emerald giggles

Temi says, "The second of the two suitors"

Kinaed comforts Emerald.

Sparkles says, "If there was a situation where the notake bug didn't allow someone to manually scribe something could they request board about that? Now that books are super expensive QP wise otherwise."

Azarial questions, "Well, if they have not llgged in in six months, I am pretty sure theya re inactive...?"

Kinaed has transferred Jiraiya.  [OOC]

Temi gives a white quartz iglistone with grey veins running through it to Jiraiya.

Azarial states, "No; go scriobe it.  the notake issue was the inability to take scrobed notake books becauase they were also notake"

Raspberries asks, "So scribe can work on objects in the room now, not just in inventory?"

Elysaveta says, "I didn't know you could scribe books not in your inventory, admittedly."

Raspberries states to Elysaveta, "Weren't able to before, guess it's been expanded"

Sparkles claims, "There was some concern if the particular character was inactive but the account is."

Elysaveta nods.

Kinaed states, "I think that may have been a change a couple of weeks back by player request."

Camila states, "I'm looking forward to that event by the way, any chance for Camila to try and rub elbows with nobles is fun. Oh and book sribing is a thing? Come to me my pretties. I will make you books."

Kinaed smiles at Camila.

Temi claims, "No exceptions for active accounts if they aren't logging on the character"

Camila smiles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Jiraiya sighs and says, "So I might as well spend my Zash XP? Poor, sweet Zash."

Kitty questions, "But if they have been logged into within the past six months, even if they are inactive, they won't be purged?"

Camila claims, "I still have characters I don't use but I logged them on too recently. I need to do a mass liquidate."

Kinaed states, "So there you have it - if you have an alt that you don't play much, but you care about retaining them, please log them in once in every six month span to retain them."

Temi nods at Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Emerald probably needs to liquidate... a few too.

Kinaed questions to Temi, "Anything to add before we move on?"

Temi states, "Nope, that's all for me"

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed states, "And much appreciate the staff's hard work this week on our behalf :)"

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, next up - Player Heartbeat! How was the game for you this week, folks? Anything you want Staff to know about?"

Gethen says, "It has been a bit... meh for me, to be truthful."

Kinaed comforts Gethen.

Kinaed asks of Gethen, "Do you know why that is?"

Kuzco says, "It's been rich and intense. I submitted a buttload of bugs/typos."

Emerald states, "Rp was good. Fun. Emotional... As usual with me... And irl I've been having a bit of a rough time of it with Mom things so it's also been welcome."

Kinaed comforts Emerald.

Pookstall states, "Not involved too much, but happy to get back into things again"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Glad to hear that :)"

Kinaed smiles at Pookstall.

Gethen claims, "So, basically, as a still fairly new player (I think I've been here just over a month now? Give or take), I'm finding it rather frustrating to find RP as of late. If people have their RP on at all - which isn't often lately, they're almost locked away in private rooms, meaning, I cannot find ways of RPing with them, especially, if I don't know them IC and have no reason to be knocking on someone's front door or otherwise. I don't mind not being dragged into drama or plots - but when I can't even grind because of a lack of XP due to no RP... it makes it very hard to enjoy the game at times."

Kinaed nods at Gethen.

Saniya claims, "I have that frustration as well."

Kitty , has been out of town most of the week, only popping on when I can.

Camila wonders, "I had a character die. It was emotional but still pretty good. Overall RP has been pretty good, I'm hoping to get into more stuff with Camila though. So hopefully she can drag a few people into RP with her maybe?"

Kinaed claims, "We get that occasionally, and it's odd. Some people find getting RP when they're new fairly easy, some people find it more difficult. I highly recommend that those players experiencing the same frustrations make note of one another and attempt to befriend each other."

Kinaed comforts Camila.

Gethen states to Saniya, "Yeah - why I try to include as many people as I can when I'm out and about. I used to be a newbie helper on a previous mud, so it's in my blood to seek out RP when I can. lol"

Jiraiya says, "It's been mixed for me too but I hope to fix that soon."

Kuzco says, "I've been directing the bards to head out to public spaces more."

Kuzco states, "Let me know if that's not the case so I break a kneecap as an example to the rest."

Ethelon says, "The biggest problem is meeting new people, I think. I have a guildless character, who is also a low-life. I wish there were more Hillish characters."

Sparkles says, "Are you in places people can find you? I ask because a willingness to RP doesn't neccesarily mean easy access if you are in say Southside."

Pookstall states, "I'm always happy to chat with other people, but I try not to descend upon existing RP too much, unless it's themed towards noble folks, because that tends to knock everybodyo ff balance"

Elysaveta states, "There's an IC event after this, which is always good for RP and meeting people."

Kinaed states to Gethen, "That's deeply appreciated. Also, please note that there are some communication channels that cast a broad net, from sending messages to entire guilds saying you're looking for RP, to town criers to spread messages to everyone online, to targetted messaging."

Antony says, "I hope there is room for more bards."

Gethen says, "I'm always in places I can be found and rarely ever turn RP off."

Kinaed has transferred Brando.  [OOC]

Kuzco states to Antony, "Always my man."

Brando claims, "Thanks."

Emerald claims, "Mmm, bards"

Antony declares, "Excellent!"

Kuzco says, "A good rp enabler is to hire people for the flimsiest excuses"

Temi gives a white quartz iglistone with grey veins running through it to Brando.

Kinaed claims, "We also have some matchmaking code - ironically, we had it working recently, but I haven't seen any additional matches since the first two or three."

Kitty says, "There are Hillish and Charali, both are "icky" as far as social. And all I've run into are awesome."

Satoshi claims, "Been fairly busy IC on all characters but have had some good scenes with geth and people when I am not running around doing IC errands. Actually crazy busy, sometimes i feel like im doing actual work on one xD"

Gethen claims, "The funny thing is though - other alt (no naming) could find RP easy until things happened. Now I'm struggling and it's just been a frustrating week."

Kinaed claims, "So this is a good reminder for us to check that code again and make sure people who aren't in RP are receiving 'quest' matches with other people not in RP."

Raspberries hasn't had any.

Antony questions, "Interesting, you can set up "Quests" for other players to engage in?"

Jiraiya asks, "Could I suggest we get more hiding places for us shady types to gather and rp in?"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Emerald claims, "Oh god"

Raspberries muses, "Besides the whole of southside?"

Kinaed queries to Jiraiya, "Aren't there like, a million and one nooks and crannies around TI that people can gather and RP in?"

Gethen states, "Do not get me started on Southside. lawl"

Ethelon claims, "I think I've never seen anyone at the Blind Horse or Stardust."

Kitty states, "I'd say there are plenty of hiding places, and... you might want to go looking and find them. Heh."

Emerald trails off, "I was thereyesterday..."

Kinaed says to Kitty, "There are a couple of ways people get quests to engage one another."

Emerald muses, "Or was it last night? Good god"

Kinaed claims to Kitty, "That was misdirected."

Temi says, "There definitely should be a lot of different secret places."

Satoshi trails off, "AND the sewers, and alleged hidden rooms... and I have been in the horse a little, was planning on doing a more public sorta thing eventually"

Kuzco claims to Antony, "Yeah, but they are loose quests, like, assignments, you don't have a "quest book""

Kinaed says to Antony, "Okay, so - firstly, we have matchmaking code, which doesn't seem to work very well at the moment.."

Gethen declares, "Yeah, I've had no matches. I shall shake my fist at ze code!"

Kitty claims to Kinaed, "I figured."

Kinaed has created a ledger containing Matchmaker code[20].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 20)a ledger containing Matchmaker code

Camila has not been matched.

Kinaed nods at Gethen.

Emerald states, "I don't find it hard to just go out and meet people. I rped with a gentry woman yesterday in the queen's."

Brando gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Gethen gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

SpaceJackal gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Kinaed says, "I think we need to check this again because it should be offering people a bonus to go RP with other people who meet a specific criteria."

Antony claims, "Ah, that would indeed be useful."

Gethen pokes at code. 

Kitty gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Moteyu gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Kinaed claims, "The other ways that people can get 'quests' are through players who run their own stories (think like DMing tabletop) using the storyteller system, and/or when staff run quests, like I think Temi's Warwick quest."

Jiraiya says to Kinaed, "Not as many outside the city"

Ethelon gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Satoshi suggests 'search'ing around outside of the city to Jiraiya and winks.

Kinaed says to Jiraiya, "I'll ask Niamh to consider if we need more out-of-city nooks and crannies for shady people."

Kuzco claims, "I tend to task people with stuff I can't handle, and some that I can handle"

Sparkles claims, "Sometimes that can help is putting "RP hooks" in their background or Whois, what are things someone can seek out your character for."

Kuzco nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed muses, "Before we move on, is anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about? (That isn't already a player topic?)"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Emerald claims, "Not this week... I'm just having sinus stuff this week."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Gethen.

Temi claims, "I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to help with that."

Temi grins at Emerald.

Gethen claims, "I've had my little rant lol"

Kinaed is doing a lot of mistargetting - oops, sorry!

Kinaed smiles at Gethen.

Antony states, "I am pleased to see a pow wow like this where feedback and concerns can be discussed directly."

Kinaed says, "Okay, well, let's pop over to Player Topics then."

Emerald quietly coos at temi.

Kinaed asks of Camila, "Your suggestion is first up. Won't you introduce us?"

Gethen states, "If people can stop being antisocial wood-hobos (this is my job people, stop stealing it jkjk) that would be great."

Camila claims, "My topic has two parts, both somewhat related to crafting."

Gethen winks.

Brando states, "AFK turning on whilst ima constructing a long reply .... makes me angry. BUt there is nothing that can be done about taht unless staff want to give people more time to reply."

Camila questions, "As an aspiring artist IC, I would like to make an item suggestion for Artwork. Painted folding screens, these could be used as decoration. They could also maybe have a fuction of making it harder to see what is happening with those behind them? Maybe make it a little harder to eavesdrop or overhear hemotes when one is present? "

Kinaed nods at Antony.

Kinaed claims to Antony, "We do this weekly."

Camila muses, "I would also like to ask about fans, folding hand fans for nobles and gentry even freewomen. This could be a new trend perhaps? Carrying fans and using them to convey ones feelings or even communicate. Having a whole fanspeak language sounds neat to me. Something for the ladies to do at parties while the menfolk put off dancing with them. Also maybe these could also be an artwork recipe?"

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Emerald states, "Omfg"

Kuzco states, "Nice."

Emerald says, "Please honey please."

Emerald says, "Gimmie"

Kinaed claims to Camila, "I'll make a note of those to pass to the owner of the art craft for consideration."

Sparkles claims, "There are recipes that can be used to create a fan and there are fans sold on grid I do wish sometimes that some recipes had a gn"

Emerald says, "I would love to do like fan signals."

Sparkles states, "An @use."

Antony says, "Being able to learn fanspeak just to eavesdrop would be very amusing."

Satoshi is here for all of this. "But not sure how the code would tell about the screens vis a vis hemotes and eavesdropping."

Gethen claims, "I actually have a fan on someone, but winter, it cometh."

Temi states, "Can definitely use fans as handheld items from the various crafts."

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "Good point, but I'm sure we can figure something out."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries claims, "The fans could simply be a join place"

Kinaed states to Camila, "Thank you for sharing your suggestion :)"

Raspberries says, "Err screens"

Camila asks, "So its a good idea?"

Elysaveta has lost link.
Elysaveta has reconnected.

Camila smiles and nods.

Temi claims, "I don't know that functional code for the dividers would make too much sense, beyond standard furniture stuff"

Raspberries nods.

Camila nods.

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "You're up. Would you care to introduce us to your topic?"

Satoshi muses, "Maybe just a join spot that makes it harder to eavesdrop? could be a buff to several joinspot items"

Emerald states, "I would love to just do fan speak, ok? Like fan speak is my jame, gossiping with all the ladies at social functions and laughing."

Kinaed nods at Emerald.

Sparkles says, "I want to express I guess a frustration as somebody who works a lot with food code about how some help files imply that some spices are very rare and very expensive in even really questionable to own but sometimes it's hard when they're so prevalent and cheap in NPC shops."

Temi says, "Feel free to discuss and emote out that sort of thing."

Kinaed states to Emerald, "I think it's pretty cool, and maybe we should look at adding something a bit systemic for it."

Emerald asks of Kinaed, "Right?"

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed wonders to Sparkles, "Can you mail me a list of ones that seem overly available/cheap?"

Kuzco claims, "Sugar, the helpfile states it's like, for Palace people"

Sparkles claims, "In general the price of food items can at times be actually cheaper than the cost it would be to craft it."

Kuzco pops a sugar candy.

Temi claims, "It irritates me when players don't even try to consider it, honestly."

Sparkles says, "Sure I could get that together"

Raspberries states, "Sugar is pretty pricey on-grid though"

Temi claims, "You cannot get food as good as crafted food, though, generally."

Elysaveta claims, "If you need a lot of sugar, it definitely adds up money wise."

Kitty claims, "I was going to say, is sugar readily available on grid? I thought it was pretty darned pricy."

Kitty says, "Pricey - sheesh."

SpaceJackal claims, "Sugar is 44 silver per bit, and that's pricey."

Emerald states, "It's 44 silver in the kitchens at the tavern right now"

Elysaveta claims, "It's available in a couple places, anyway."

Kuzco claims, "It's readily available, but costs 40 per cent  less than a ball of cheese"

Emerald claims, "And yus, very pricy"

Emerald wonders, "And no one can grow sugar cane... God can you imagine?"

Elysaveta states, "Compared to honey or maple syrup, it's much more expensive."

Kitty claims, "But, a ball of cheese is very cheap to make - so most would just make a ball of cheese."

Satoshi states, "Yeah sugar is expensive PLUS you can't grow it. Cheese you can buy milk and make into cheese easily and it's super cheap."

Pookstall claims, "We mark up made products a lot more than ingredients."

Satoshi claims, "The extra cost is for the musty cheese cellar space"

Satoshi says, "Obviously"

Temi says, "Food has strict values on how much it can cost per the mvs reward on it."

Temi states, "Player crafted food has really good returns to make up for any expensive ingredients."

Emerald ods her head.

Kuzco states, "Yeah but nobody's gonna pay 50s for a gourmet cake"

Emerald says, "LOL"

Gethen sobs in poor man.

Kinaed says, "I'm listening in with a sort of fascination because I'm not terribly close to this. I think it warrants a staff review. If anyone has specific things they've noticed beyond what is coming out in this discussion, please Typo Board staff. Meanwhile, I'll boil this down for Staff Talking Points and discuss a review with staff of the things discussed here."

Satoshi claims, "I think player dislike of paying silver for things from other players is more of a cultural issue"

Kuzco nods.

Ethelon has about 50 silver an IC week. QQ.

Satoshi states, "I'm actually finding a lot of things the silver cost is sometimes not enough to make up for the ooc work that goes into it"

Temi claims, "The result of this is highly likely to be all those cheap worthless cakes that sound fancy becoming 50 silver"

Ethelon actually meant OOC week.

Kinaed asks of Satoshi, "Can you mail me a list of things you're aware of?"

Kitty states, "I, personally, would rather pay a player - HOWEVER - I get a bug to get it when I want it, so I could kinda rather a player read my mind and already have it in their shop, sometimes. >.< When I know ahead of time, then sure, I can plan ahead. But, I much prefer to purchase from player shops than NPC shops. And players, in general."

Raspberries nods.

Satoshi trails off, "I mean for items players are asking me to make on my alt, it's just a lot of ooc work that people don't see... so I'm getting a lot of 'you are charging a lot' for what feels like the majority of my playtime spent working, is all"

SpaceJackal says, "It's cheaper to purchase from players than NPCs, for one thing."

Elysaveta says, "Part of me wants to be able to grow sugar, but I'm not sure that's be a good idea overall."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kuzco tells Satoshi, "Bad player behaviour. Paying a lot grives you reputation and coded prestige."

Kuzco gives 

Raspberries claims to Elysaveta, "Just pour coamjar on everything instead."

Kinaed claims to Elysaveta, "Thematically, Lithmore isn't the correct climate to grow sugar."

Elysaveta states, "Well, as a hothouse plant, naturally."

Kinaed grins at Raspberries.

Emerald laughs.

Emerald claims, "I would grow sugar."

Sparkles says, "Well I would also like to argue part of that should be NPC cooked food items probably shouldn't be retoolable."

Azarial says, "The other sweeteners should be in use for the most part; historicaklky sugar production didn;t take off until large numbers of slaves were put to work plowing islands under."

Elysaveta claims, "But yes, just make 'special' coamjar cakes."

Kuzco nods at Sparkles: "Yeah, that's bad."

Kitty has never retooled NPC foods...

Raspberries states, "As far as I know coamjar IS sugar. But unrefined. you can grow it, but you can't refine it to sugar"

Elysaveta nods.

Gethen states, "I didn't even know you could retool shop stuff... that... is bad."

Emerald hasn't either...

Kinaed claims, "The return would be so small per plant though. Sugar is a very highly processed, refined and condensed product. To make a bag of sugar, you'd need a HUGE hothouse."

Elysaveta claims, "You can retool pretty much anything, if you can afford it."

Kinaed claims, "Coamjar is not sugar, it is sweet."

Emerald expands her hothouse to like... six rooms.

Kinaed says, "And it can be used as a sugar substitute and often is as I recall."

Emerald goes into debt

Raspberries claims to Kinaed, "A helpfile says coamjar is sugar"

Elysaveta states, "Beet sugar, we just need beets."

Emerald claims, "It does, actually but it is also Tubori."

Satoshi trails off, "It says coamjar is LIKE sugar...but it's also a drug"

Brando muses, "But doesn't retooling cost at least half of what the product costs in addition to the cost of the item itself?"

Satoshi says, "So if you use it for sugar it would be like HIGHLY REFINED DRUGS"

Kinaed states, "I am a liar and clearly forgot that point."

Azarial says, "Beet production is resource intensive as well."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Thank you. Hmm."

Emerald trails off, "Couldn't like... coanjar dust... essentially be ... sugar..."

Satoshi claims, "Y'all, comjar dust is speed"

Elysaveta states, "Beets as just vegetables for my borscht is better."

Raspberries says, "Sugar rush."

Sparkles states, "Yes but in some cases there are items where buying it and retooling it is still cheaper than what it costs to actually craft something in theory at that level."

Satoshi says, "You are suggesting coke sugar xD"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Sparkles states, "So people do."

Emerald states, "Don't mess with my drug cake. It's mine."

Kinaed claims, "I think we acknowledge that cooking prices and ingredients need a review."

Kuzco nods.

Temi claims, "I don't know if it's feasible, given the number of items... but we can certainly discuss it."

Antony claims, "Inventory and economy design is definitely an ordeal."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, it's 8:42am Sunday here, and 9am is my top of the hour. We've gotten through our agenda."

Kinaed questions, "What would everyone like to discuss for the next 15 minutes?"

Sparkles claims, "Brewing probably too as by default more player crafted bottles appraise at 10 silver but ones in NPC shops are 60 plus."

Emerald claims, "Oh that's weird. I have noticed that on my pc that it does praise at less than a gold most times."

Raspberries states, "Npc ones should appraise for the same, but they have a markup"

Jiraiya claims, "Brewing doesnt actually consume bottles"

Kinaed says, "I'm not certain the appraisal value has much to do with anything since it's not used to sell stuff? Like, it might appraise at 10 silver, but you can sell it at 120 if you want."

Emerald claims, "No, but that is like a prop."

Raspberries nods.

Emerald nods.

Sparkles says, "Yes but people make in character deductions about worth based on the appraised value "

Kuzco claims, "I would like to hear ideas to spend in RP milestones"

Kuzco says, "From staff and players alike"

Kinaed says, "Largely, we're looking to document things your character has done in lore."

Temi nods in agreement.

Kitty falls over. "I haven't figured out what to do with mine..."

Emerald claims, "Erm... Well one of my... me's.. I was gonna say, had a lore entry"

Antony states, "It would be good practice to jot down perceived inconsistencies on a case by case basis and submit them to staff. It's a lot easier to work with than them trying to tackle however many items there are all at once."

Raspberries claims, "Oh yeah, I'm on like my 5th or 6th milestone, and still haven't spent any"

Temi states, "Lore is great, or little things that you may be able to look at in the room"

Antony states, "Imo, that is."

Temi claims, "That sort of thing"

Kinaed states, "So for Jenifyr, I might have placed somewhere in the confession chamber some lore about the people she'd interrogated."

Kinaed claims, "Some lore about great or important things she's been a part of or RP that happened in a certain place."

Emerald was toats scared of Jinifer.

Kinaed smiles at Emerald.

Kinaed states to Emerald, "You flatter me. :)"

Emerald shivers.

Satoshi queries, "Oh little things like... the scratches on the Globe's roof, for example? That's a thing you can do? Add a little detail permanently?"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Sparkles declaims, "Milestone or otherwise please consider submitting more lore entries!"

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Yep"

Temi states, "For lore entries that glorify yourself, we'd prefer that to be milestones, but we'd love to see more lore entries in general about bits of history stuff"

Kuzco says, "Yeah I've done like 6 lore submissions for Norrig"

Kuzco states, "But it's getting stale"

Satoshi wonders, "Are lore entries that are general able to just be...submitted? How does one do that?"

Gethen claims, "....omg you should not have told me this. Now I will have to etch love-hearts everywhere in certain... places. Muahahaha."

Kuzco claims, "Pboard"

Emerald states, "Jesus god"

Kinaed claims, "We get requests for stuff that's a bit too big, particularly ones that we're reluctant about (so would need very good IC, thematic reason for) are naming crafts after people, rooms or places, etc. We try to avoid those things because when they become too common, then they clutter the grid and crafts in a way that doesn't seem 'special' anymore."

Emerald queries, "Love hearts?"

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Yes, you can submit a lore entry by typo board at any time."

Sparkles claims, "It can make you feel like you're worth not as much as the player who got to have that though."

Kuzco says, "I've seen coded items added at times"

Emerald nods.

Emerald says the trade room at the orphanage for example.

Temi states, "And we try to balance the crafts so that there are a good selection of different things.  If it's worth adding, we'd like to add it for that reason, not because a player wanted it named after them."

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Generally, you need to be really really famous and have a lot of gravitas to get there."

Emerald says, "Also... Sometimes I wish milestones could be jewelry. :D Though I honestly don't think that would be a thing."

Temi states, "And yeah.. it can be very in your face and a bit disheartening for others"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "So, with the deepest of respect, if it doesn't make IC sense, then the character in question won't just get it so that we can honor the players behind the mask."

Kinaed claims, "It's not about who people are OOCly, it's about what makes sense ICly at that stage."

Kuzco pontificates, "I want the Court Malenta room named after Norrig!"

Jiraiya asks, "Could we transfer them between chars if it made more sense?"

Raspberries claims, "I'd like to throw in the idea again for adding lore to items."

Kinaed states to Emerald, "I might consider the jewellery idea. Writing it down for staff discussion."

Kuzco looks at Raspberries: "Oh, that's neat."

Satoshi muses, "Besides if you want to mane an item after you why not just make an item and tool it to have your name in the desc?"

Kitty wonders, "But what if the item is lost?"

Temi states, "Then it's lost."

Temi grins at Kitty.

Raspberries states, "Then it's lost"

Temi states, "Maybe be careful about that."

Azarial says, "Such is the way of the woirld."

Temi says, "But if someone stole it... well, that should be easy to identify."

Satoshi steals milestone jewelry and hoards it.

Azarial says, "Quite a few amazing items have been lost."

Kitty says, "Then... that is a loss of the lore, though."

Raspberries says, "But lore items could perhaps not be junkable, like how it is with magic items"

Kinaed makes a note for staff to discuss adding lore to litems.

Azarial gets a small box of weapons from pico, a text editor.

Temi nods.

Kinaed says, "*items."

Gethen has lost link.
Gethen has reconnected.

Kuzco nods at Rasp.

Azarial gets a slim damascus dirk, ivory-gold hilt capped in a ruby rose from a small box of weapons.

Emerald giggles and nods. "Yay!"

Temi claims, "We do have appraises on items that can be semi-lorey"

Antony states, "MAke the items indestructable and unsellable to NPCs so someone could always reclaim it through some method eventually."

Emerald states, "Gimmie, Kinaed. I wanna be bad ass."

Sparkles claims, "I think a lot of things people liquidate or just stop playing with too."

Gethen pokes at the internet. "Stop being buggy today!"

Temi says, "You'll see the appraise on the iglistones you got, describing their provenance"

Antony states, "An entire plotline about recovering a lost ring that changes multiple hands."

Emerald says, "Or that. I love the ruby rose thing."

Kuzco says, "I do hate when people liquidate with unique stuff/books on them"

Sparkles muses, "Is that a thing you can add to items now?"

Kinaed nods at Antony.

Jiraiya nods to kuzco

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "In theory, yes, but it won't skillcheck to require a player's lore skill to 'find out' about the item."

Sparkles claims, "I bought a jade wood table it doesn't have the cool jadewood entry I was super sad."

Emerald states, "Aww"

Kinaed says, "That being said, I think of lore as being about history and current events more than I think about it being item identifcation."

Azarial puts a slim damascus dirk, ivory-gold hilt capped in a ruby rose in a small box of weapons.

Raspberries nods.

Temi states, "I don't think we've provided that as a material ever with the appraise, so... it was just someone retooling something else."

Emerald claims, "Good thing you didn't buy a bloodwood table."

Azarial puts a small box of weapons in pico, a text editor.

Kitty ewwws.

Kinaed muses, "Seven minutes until the top of the hour - anything else people want to discuss or raise before we begin to wrap up?"

Emerald says, "You can restore antiques though if you are high enough woodwork."

Sparkles claims, "Oh well hmm."

Raspberries claims, "I think jadewood would be covered under fine/exotic woods"

Elysaveta claims, "It's listed as such under the wood helpfile."

Temi claims, "Probably fair enough, yeah."

Raspberries nods.

Kuzco states, "Another thing I wanted to say is"

Kinaed smiles at Kuzco.

Kuzco claims, "I wish more people would consider joining the Reeves, Thieves, and Knights"

Temi trails off, "But if you want the special appraise message... it's like 'legit, confirmed' that type of thing"

Elysaveta states, "The only special wood I've seem is Macostan oak, with an appraise message."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Emerald coughs quietly.

Satoshi exclaims, "I want to thank staff as usual for being excellent and responsive!"

Kuzco states, "We have far too many merchants, troubs, and doctors"

Kitty says, "And Order."

Kuzco states, "I guess yeah"

Sparkles says, "Being able to add provenance appraise things to something might be a really cool command with a high enough City lore."

Azarial asks, "Province?"

Kitty states, "Not for the too many, but for the not enough. (And... we have JUST enough Doctors, thank you VERY much. It's just starting to grow, leave my guild alone.)"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Provenance - where it comes from"

Azarial states, "Ahh"

Satoshi trails off, "I made characters to join guilds before they got so wildly popular and can only handle so many alts... clearly people need to stop following my trendsetting ways"

Gethen says, "I have been trying to avoid being a thief or so, since I played one last game - but one day. You will all fear me. Just not yet."

Raspberries questions, "Besides the stamp command merchants get?"

Satoshi claims, "Stamp is just like, a maker mark though."

Emerald is fearig you already

They aren't here.

Sparkles claims, "Stamp is a trademark not "this painting once belonged to Dav himself""

Emerald states, "Too many damn bards in one place? Send them all off to parts of Tub... I mean the world."

Temi claims, "It's an interesting idea, but I don't know if an official provenance sort of thing could go unmoderated"

Antony claims, "Hahaha"

Kinaed chuckles.

Raspberries says, "Ah, got you."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi trails off, "Also to be fair 80 perfect of the new troubs haven't logged in since they joined... not REALLY that many, just a lot of seekers"

Satoshi claims, "Percent omg im not that drunk i promise"

Kuzco says, "Yeah, we have a lot of barely active or inactive troubs"

Raspberries states, "Seems fair to add to the item lore idea. would be moderated as all lore is"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're closing in on the top of the hour. Thank you, everyone who came to this week's OOC Chat. I hope to see you all again next week."

Antony says, "Oh good I don't feel so bad about making a troub then >,>"

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Raspberries waves.

Kuzco trails off, "I notice few people make Last Wills... that's more work for the reeves"

Kuzco waves.

Kinaed claims, "If you have time and interest in securing more players to RP with you, please consider writing a review on Reddit or TMC."

Antony waves.

Kuzco pontificates, "And vote on vote links!"

Brando waves

Satoshi blows kisses and waves.

Kitty states, "Reviews are good, yes."

Kitty states, "And new players tend to give the Physicians a lot of work."

Kitty coughs.

Kinaed claims, "Please remember to RP with Gethon and Saniya."

Emerald states, "Ok"

Kuzco states, "Yesss."

Kinaed declaims, "And have a great week, everyone!"

Kuzco declares, "You too!"