Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-06-01

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Raspberries states, "I've got one."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Sparkles claims, "I have a topic/idea."

[Action: Kitty is tipped over. ]

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else have a topic they want to make sure we talk about?"

Kinaed states, "For those who have registered topics, please pre-type your topic so that you're ready to introduce it when called upon."

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed says, "With that, I'll kick off Staff Updates. Last week, I don't think I did anything at all. This week, I'm still staring down the barrel of Jail Automation."

Kinaed has transferred Kuzco.  [OOC]

Temi gives a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines to Kuzco.

Kinaed states, "I want to hold a staff meeting today as well."

Kinaed states, "We have some topics getting long in the tooth on the Staff Talking Points board."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me - Azarial, you're up."

Azarial states, "It's been a slow week but a busy morning; I've been trying to work out a few visibility issues with the vines on a room and exits.  I've been working on rumor mods becuase it came up under the same keywords for 'board search chain' on my board."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Sparkles wonders, "What kind of rumor mods?"

Azarial claims, "Chainy ones"

Sparkles looks back and forth.

Kuzco states to Temi, "Thanks"

Kuzco says, "Hello every one."

Kinaed claims, "I notice that (and I'm not sure if it was this week or last week), Prestige from tithing should now last for 30 OOC days, there's a new plot type to request asylum if you're in jail for too long. And we added the criminal codes to the execution POLCA to regiment what people die for a bit better."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Nice work."

Kinaed has transferred galax.  [OOC]

Raspberries muses, "How would the asylum thing work? is that under help captivity?"

Temi gives a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines to galax.

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "It relates to HELP CAPTIVITY, and it's basically the type of plot request someone is making when they're applying to staff to assist in busting them out of jail when SLAs are breached."

Kinaed says, "But the rest of that isn't in yet, so."

Radiune flips a large, soft woolen greatcoat lined with lion fur back over his shoulder.

Raspberries questions, "SLA?"

Kinaed claims, "Service level agreements."

Brando finishes abruptly, "Aahhhh yes ..number three in this ===>  Three aspects of corruption deterrence 1 - certainty of detection 2 - severity of punishment - 3 - swiftness in sentencing offenders"

Kinaed claims, "Essentially, if you're in jail, HELP CAPTIVITY sets aside some timelines that both parties need to follow - conditions that can modify if staff will say 'This player has a case for the release of their character'. Jail Automation is basically setting into place those key indicators that will trigger notes to Reeves/Order when a player is coming close to triggers for release, etc."

Kuzco exclaims, "Great!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, anything else, Az? If not, let's move to Temi."

Brando says, "As my current character is a Reeve .. I appreciate all this work on jail automation.thansk very much."

Kinaed smiles at Brando.

Temi states, "I was gone visiting most of this last week, so I'm afraid I didn't get a whole lot done.  I'm working on getting back caught up again on the plots people submitted while I was gone. I did finish the turf wars spec, but it sounds like we have some hefty discussions on it with the staff meeting later, so not going to show it off yet, since it could be a rewrite."

Raspberries flicks a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines at az's tails.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Brando sits down and rests.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for the effort on it - it does look pretty good though."

Raspberries says, "Curious to hear that the contentious parts are."

Kinaed states, "Nothing big, mostly wording, I think."

Kinaed claims, "But wording is important on a game made of words. :)"

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "It shapes people's experiences and expectations."

Raspberries grins.

Based on DikuMUD by Hans Staerfeldt, Katja Nyboe,
          Tom Madsen, Michael Seifert, and Sebastian Hammer
          Based on MERC 2.1 code by Hatchet, Furey and Kahn
          Based on ROM 2.4 copyright 1993-1998 Russ Taylor

_ (\                       /) _
                            //\_\\/\                 /\//_/\\
                           ((   `>\_)               (_/<`   ))
                            \\./` \\,      _._      ,// `\.//
The Inquisition MUTT         \/    \|\.---`   `---./|/    \/
2010-Present Kinaed                 |     _____     |
2004-2008 by Ephera                  \   ]==o==[   /
inq 2.5 by Tamara Boileau            |    \_ _/    |
                                     |      V      |
   -_  ---___- ,,                    \     .V.     /
      (' ||    ||                     \   <___>   /
     ((  ||    ||/\\  _-_              \         /
    ((   ||    || || || \\              `.     .'
     (( //     || || ||/                //`:::`\\
       -____-  \\ |/ \\,/              //   '   \\
                                      //         \\
                                     (/           \)

_-_,                                ,                
   //                    '        '  ||   '          
  || \\/\\  /'\\ \\ \\ \\  _-_, \\ =||= \\  /'\\ \\/\\
 -|| || || || || || || || ||_.  ||  ||  || || || || ||
  || || || || || || || ||  - || ||  ||  || || || || ||
_-_, \\ \\ \\,|| \\/\\ \\ ,-_-  \\  \\, \\ \\,/  \\ \\
              ||
              |/                          L E G A C Y

By what name shall history remember ye?

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect] 
  A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor.  A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless.  Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination.  Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees. 

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
(  2)The Maiming Spec is here. (eastern edge) 
(  4)The Maiming Spec is here. (southern edge) 
     The Maiming Spec is here. (western edge) 
     The Maiming Spec is here. (center) 

Kinaed wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Kuzco wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Lissel wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Satoshi wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Sparkles wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Galax wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Kuzco states, "Raspberries, your grin crashed the game"

Temi wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Sparkles claims, "Whoops"

Azarial wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Satoshi says, "Oh good that wasn't just me."

Kuzco claims, "Don't do that"

Azarial grumbles.

Lissel claims, "Oh good it wasn't my internet again"

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

Brando wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Unrecognized command.

Galax grins.

Raspberries winks.

Azarial claims, "And that;s a useless core."

Kitty wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Grigory wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Radiune wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Radiune says, "Oof."

Kuzco opens a wool-lined calf-length great cloak made of warm skunk fur, revealing his identity.

Kitty says, "Now my previous action seems more appropriate... wow."

Lissel plops down next to Brando

Brando sits down and rests.

Lissel sits down on the ground.

Kinaed has transferred Souicanet.  [OOC]

[Action: Kitty is tipped over. ]

[/color]         ......

...complete]

Azarial states, "There.  now any cores should be usable."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Souicanet has lost link.
Souicanet has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "Okay, continuing."

Raspberries claims, "Colors on OOC names could use some fixing."

Kinaed queries, "That's probably everything for Staff Updates. Let's move on to Player Heartbeat. How has the game been for everyone this week?"

Kuzco starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial says, "Post a bug note."

Kuzco finishes his note.

Lissel says OOCly, "People are mean :P I did not think rumors could be so viscious , but RP has been awsome once again"

Raspberries claims, "I've been pretty busy with life, but had time for a few nice scenes."

Lissel says, "People are mean :P I did not think rumors could be so viscious , but RP has been awsome once again"

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi has transferred RoseQuartz.  [OOC]

Temi gives a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines to RoseQuartz.

Tator wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Azarial finishes her note.

Kinaed states, "Yep, rumors have a tendency to get pretty nasty."

Galax claims, "Yep. Busy with finals approaching yet again, but what I've had time for has been nice."

Radiune states, "This week has been a pretty good week for me at least regarding RP. I think I've had some great sessions and I've pushed myself to stay up to 6am to continue enjoying a session at least once. Hehe."

Azarial claims, "That;s kind of the definition of rumors."

Kinaed states, "So far, we've resisted the urge to fix it."

Kuzco claims, "Rumors are vicious, yes."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Radiune states, "I mean, the scandalous rumors are the ones that are the most fun."

Sparkles states, "Could always bribe the Bards."

Kitty claims, "Rumors in real life are vicious, in game they would be no different."

RoseQuartz clims up on the back  of Kinaed, and curls up. He also purrs a little. 

Kuzco claims, "They are the non combatants' way of soft power."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi states, "The changes Az is doing for rumors will take a different spin on it"

Radiune says, "My character might not be too into them, but OOC me is like "squee"."

[Action: RoseQuartz is curled up on the back of the unicorn. ]

Kinaed nods at Radiune.

Raspberries claims, "I'm looking forward to that"

Brando says, "The game has been excellent for me .. it made me question many things deeply about myself and my character. from a sudden wedding to having childrena dn then adopting more children ... it was a huge week of RP during that time my character also joined the Reeves and so yeah was a Huge Week of RP for me."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Kuzco finishes his note.

Satoshi has lost link.
Satoshi has reconnected.

Grigory says, "It's been uh.. good.  For the past 20m or so."

Kinaed wonders, "It sounds like the vast majority of people had a good week. Is there anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to know about, that isn't already a topic?"

Lissel states, "Seriously though I love that the player base keeps growing and that RP has been flourishing"

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Satoshi coughs and looks around. "I totally missed all that, thanks internet, but the rumors aren't that serious, really. After all there haven't been any real consequences other than that."

Azarial finishes her note.

Kinaed nods at Lissel.

RoseQuartz claims, "My week has gone well, overally. I got to yell at a noble, and survive. "

Lissel states, "Barely P"

Radiune says, "Goodness."

Kinaed says, "Yes, we do seem to be in a p-base upswing. I want to thank Kuzco for writing a Reddit review that probably assisted with that."

Sparkles states, "Sometimes I admit thoughts on rumors make me regret posting them but they are a major source of RP for off time folks"

Grigory says, "We'll withhold the poison.  The poison for Kuzco.  The poison made specifically for Kuzco.  Kuzco's poison."

Kuzco states, "I had a good week, yes. I often do. I'm super glad with the size of the Troubadours nowadays, gives me more freedom to do more ambitious things."

Satoshi adds, "I'm totally enjoying the quality of RP here, though, enjoying the variety of people, apparently my character is a golden retriever and so popular i don't know what to do with myself sometimes."

Radiune claims, "Shout-outs to everybody's favorite llama, Kuzco."

Kinaed states, "Yes, please just remember - rumors aren't always true. They're literally just what someone with very little accountability felt like writing."

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "You're welcome."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have anything to add before we jump to Player Topics?"

Kuzco says, "I would like to register a topic, please."

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Got you. Please pre-type it."

Satoshi says, "Just wanna remind folks that it's ok if people don't like what you're doing, people can not like you and it's not necessarily ooc"

RoseQuartz states, "I love you all, staff and players, and you bring great joy into my life. :D"

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "You're up. Please introduce us to your topic. :)"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Raspberries states, "I wondered if it'd be possible to freeze item decay in shop backrooms- there's many craftable items that would be nice to sell, but even if you bought the coldroom flag for the backroom they would expire too quickly to be useful- someone would buy them just to have them POOF in likely a few minutes. Some examples being the beggars outfit in tailoring, the cover scent in leatherworking, and paper boxes from art."

Kinaed states to RoseQuartz, "I love your OOC vibe :)"

Souicanet has lost link.

Souicanet has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "Oo, that's an interesting one. See, we introduced item decay to combat some hoarding problems that were expanding the size of our game's disk space right up against our hard limits from our host."

Kuzco says, "I found a cover scent item that had -564 IC days of decay"

RoseQuartz wiggles on top of Kinaed, "Same to you, pumpkin." 

Kinaed wiggles her eyebrows back at RoseQuartz. 

Azarial wonders to RoseQuartz, "It;s the cutie mark, i wager?"

Kinaed claims, "Someone has to teach people how to do it."

Sparkles claims, "Hoarding problems also affect the economy and such."

Kinaed says, "But, back to the topic at hand."

Kinaed clears her throat.

RoseQuartz claims, "Giggidy. "

Radiune claims, "UwU"

Souicanet has left the game.

Grigory claims, "Would a room-weight/size limit be possible? That's how another RPI I play does it."

Raspberries says, "I like the idea of decay in general, just would be nice to sell things that can decay without them decaying while on sale"

Kinaed states, "If we've seen objects with -500+ days, that implies to me that decay is frozen, but maybe bugged that it keeps ticking down despite being frozen"

RoseQuartz says, "Honestly, Just put a nosale item that says they have request them, and make them per order"

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Let's have a look at that."

RoseQuartz claims, "They get it fresh, you don't waste"

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "I'll write it down for staff to review what's going on there."

Raspberries nods.

Raspberries declaims, "Thanks!"

Sparkles says, "If we're looking at cold room stuff anyways that affects Brewing in weird ways."

Raspberries states, "Should also help anyone who wants to play a butcher"

Azarial states, "Don;t leave stuff that needs aging in coldrooms.  tha;s been long established."

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "What do you mean?"

Raspberries nods in agreement with Azarial.

Kuzco declaims, "Like aged cheese!"

Kinaed says, "Okay, yeah - coldrooms freeze aging, so don't try to age stuff in cold rooms."

Kinaed states, "Alrighty - next Topic. :)"

Temi says, "We use the same behind things decaying and things aging, so... a limitation."

Azarial states, "Clod rooms slow down the timers.  so anythign relying on a timer to age into something else...won;t.  it;s been taht way since that came in."

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "You're up. Please introduce us to your topic."

Kuzco finishes his note.

Sparkles says, "I apologize I'm on mobile. I'd like to introduce the idea of an OOC room or way to write books."

Kinaed turns on her ears to listen.

Raspberries queries, "Explain?"

Sparkles claims, "I'd write more books, honestly but it's a lot of time to be out of RP fiddling with formatting et al. And have my char logged in versus having a way to write stuff on say a writer alt."

Azarial wonders, "Lock the door on your phome?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kuzco asks, "Write it in notepad?"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Raspberries claims, "You could write in a text edtior, get the format how you like it, then just copy it in inside {Z flags."

Satoshi claims, "I don't think there's really a way to counter the writing time for writing, but maybe just don't be so fancy with it"

Kuzco states, "I mean I have plans for at least 2 more books after the one I just finished"

Sparkles says, "That doesn't necessarily help with formatting given the fact that there have been either changes or bugs to the formatter."

Kinaed claims, "I usually write things in OneNote first, just using a mono-font and a dotted line to show me where 78 characters stop."

Raspberries nods.

Temi states, "The formatting will take a bit of time to finalize in the code, but you can limit it to just that."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial claims, "Start blank lines with {x to save the spacing; that's a long standing quirk to how they save and load to the flat files."

Kuzco questions to Kinaed, "Consider Notepad++?"

Satoshi claims, "I have sorta noticed that there's a massive sort of addiction to being super fancy with things for no reason. Books don't need to be illuminated"

Kuzco peers at Satoshi: "Lies!" snorts books*

Kinaed claims, "I'm sorry Sparkles, I'm just not feeling it. I don't think we'll have enough uptake of it to warrant setting up a system or code for OOC book writing when what's essentially needed is just quiet time."

Azarial says, "And that would require the use of {a and {A to ensure everyone can appreciate the illumination."

Kinaed says, "Which isn't hard to get."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Ironically, yes, I have notepad++ too."

Kuzco grins.

Temi questions, "We could award whoinvis time instead of QPs for books?"

Temi grins.

Kinaed gets a thoughtful look.

Kuzco says to Temi, "Don't play God."

Sparkles claims, "It wouldn't necessarily need code. It could literally be an OOC room you could login a writer alt into."

Kinaed states, "I've seen games like TI with OOC rooms that are player-accessible before, and soon half the game hangs out in them and it's hard as heck to see RP on."

RoseQuartz coughs, "Chargen?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not comfortable doing that, I'm sorry."

Sparkles says, "Okay."

Kirill wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Thank you for bringing the idea to us though."

Azarial says, "I'm not seeing anythign here that needs any new code or rooms.  the afk flag will keep most people away, writing in notepad++ gives you formatting, and you can then just past it into the ledger with pre-written commands."

Kirill blinks.

Azarial claims, "And this notepad++ is rather nice."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Okay, you're up! Please introduce us to your topic."

Kuzco wonders, "I didn't get any feedback at all in the forums after a week and days so I want to bring it up here. Blackmarket strike costs don't seem to make sense. Right now the cost in influence to negate a blackmarket job is 5 + 1 every one thousand silver spent by the job poster. For a 2,000 silver job, that's seven IP. Not only that's rather cheap, but it costs -less- to buy the IP to strike the job (1400 silver), than the job itself. Could this be reviewed? Perhaps 1 IP per 250 silver instead of 1000?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, sure."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Raspberries queries, "Sounds good to review- but are things getting striken as-is?"

Temi muses, "It does give people back the silver still, doesn't it?  So it doesn't actually cost you that"

Kuzco declares, "Specially since money is much scarcer after no more purchase IP!"

Raspberries states, "I think it returns it minus the BCG cur"

Raspberries claims, "Cut"

Kuzco declares, "Well I know I wouldn't try to make a job if it can be striked down so easily!"

Sparkles states, "Also could how long posts last maybe be looked at because there are posts up that are from characters that are now liquidated."

Kinaed muses, "I thought you could purchase IP for silver. When did that disappear?"

Kuzco says, "You can."

Kuzco states, "I meant purchase wealth"

Raspberries states, "Up to 5 IP a week I think"

Kuzco states, "Sorry, I am not clever."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed declaims to Kuzco, "Neither am I, I had to check!"

Raspberries says, "Oh, had an IP question"

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note to review Black Market timings."

Kitty says, "You can purchase IP for silver - relatively cheaply, actually, up to a certain amount per week. Which is why... 7 IP to strike down a 20 gold job is... really cheap."

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "Thanks."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Sparkles states, "Sometimes I think the confusion with that is that it doesn't use the purchase command it uses improve instead."

Kinaed states to Kitty, "Yeah, hence Kuzco raising it. We'll review and probably adjust to the recommended amount"

Raspberries queries, "On prestige, it says +1 for 10 IP earned, and every 5 IP over that- does that count for all sources? purchase, people giving via the influence, command, rumor, etc? or just the passive ammount from support?"

Sparkles claims, "So it actually isn't listed on the help purchase helpfile."
Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Raspberries, "All sources, I think - we don't tend to differentiate IP based on source, it's just one pool"

Galax is idle.

Kinaed has transferred SomeoneLoveable.  [OOC]

Temi gives a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines to SomeoneLoveable.

Galax is no longer idle.
Galax has returned from AFK.

Grigory puts a light cotton hand towel embroidered in elegant columbines in a sizable linen satchel coated in layers of rich embroidery.

Kuzco claims, "Yeah improve ip instead of purchase ip is kinda weird."

Raspberries questions, "Sounds good then. And it keeps track even if you've since spent it?"

Kinaed states, "Purchase is a chargen command."

Satoshi says, "I'll admit I have very little idea how the IP system works or how to get it aside from gossipping"

Kuzco says, "Ah."

Kuzco pontificates, "But purchase app is not!"

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "You get it from support, purchasing it with silver, rumors... um."

Raspberries claims, "Purchase height and weight also works outside of chargen"

Brando is idle.

SomeoneLoveable questions, "Oh you can still purchase it with silver?"

Sparkles claims, "Help ip doesn't mention it either."

Raspberries states, "(improving it with silver)"

SomeoneLoveable states, "It states it in help influence I think."

Kinaed states, "Guild membership, assets potentially"

Kinaed trails off, "Character title..."

Brando is no longer idle.

Brando queries, "Whats wrong with purchasing IP in chargen please?"

SomeoneLoveable states, "OH can you get it from assets too? ooh."

Brando has returned from AFK.

Raspberries claims, "Not yet"

SomeoneLoveable states, "Aww."

Azarial states, "Assets do not pay out in ip as yet."

Raspberries wonders, "Though, can we have custom assets made?"

Kinaed claims to Brando, "Purchase in chargen is usually a setting on a character - like height, weight, or birthday. IP is a pool of points that players earn and lose over time, more similar to a bank account."

Galax queries, "How does guild membership work with IP? Is it rank based?"

Satoshi waves a hand. "I'll try to have someone explain it to me later." Is poor and buying won't help because Poor.

Kinaed says to galax, "I don't remember."

Kinaed claims to galax, "I might have to investigate :)"

Kuzco says, "Anyways I'm done, thanks for listening to me."

Kinaed states, "I wrote it down to check out though."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco says, "If there's no other topics I have another one."

Kirill muses, "Last I heard, the extra prestige from IP was from support only, or am I misremembering that?"

Raspberries twists up her hand towel and gives it a sharp *SNAP* through the air.

Kinaed says, "Well, that concludes our- yes, please. I was just about to say, we're out of topics. :)"

Kuzco says, "Please for the love of Thanos make Sweetbreath last longer."

Kirill claims, "Depending on when the check happens... if it happens right after rollover, the only IP in someone's pool is going to be support IP."

Radiune says, "If you pray to Thanos though it'll be cut in half! Perfectly balanced."

Kuzco states, "Also some sort of way for others to notice it other than my own emoting."

Kuzco laughs at Radiune.

Galax questions, "I have an ancillary question if there's time?"

Kinaed claims to galax, "There is :)"

Lissel sneezes loudly.

Kuzco says, "That was a mini topic by the way."

Temi claims, "It was supposed to be a pretty low impact RP item"

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "I'll ask Temi to have a look after the OOC Chat and see if the timing needs to be extended."

Kinaed grins.

Temi claims, "I don't think we'd want to beat anyone over the head with it.  We can examine the timing."

Kuzco pontificates, "Well what if it make the Queen like me more!"

Temi says, "It won't."

Sparkles cries.

Kuzco says, "DAMN"

Kinaed claims, "Might make her want to kiss you more though."

Kuzco pontificates, "Not again!"

Raspberries states to Kuzco, "Perhaps try those false teeth instead."

Azarial questions, "...quaff one the way the sleazy^H^H^H^H^Hsuave guys in the movies do, right before you talk?"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I still am confused on the prestige bits."

Brando states, "Ok i get that bit Kinaed ... i just thinking a noble or gentry person might have a already influential background and if its being paid for with XP then i dont really see a problem with it."

Kuzco grins at Rasp

Galax states, "Basically, was just curious if other people were trying notify and how it felt to send/receive"

Lissel queries, "One question at what time do assets reset?"

Satoshi leans close to Kuzco with a flirtatious grin. "If you just want kisses..." He trails off with a waggle of eyebrows.

Kinaed says to Brando, "The calculation fluctuates, and IP only last for a week before the pool drains, so it's not valuable to purchase in chargen."

Kirill says, "Assets pay out at Saturday night weekly rollover."

Brando says, "Noted.. thanks.:)"

SomeoneLoveable says, "Like the help files says 200 spent on retainers, but I'm still am confused if it calculates it over an rl month or an in game month."

Raspberries claims, "Or sunday morning, however you want to look at it"

Kirill states, "IP lasts for two weeks."

Kirill claims, "We're on a two week cycle."

Kuzco looks at Satoshi and steps closer to Sparkles with a polite smile.

Kinaed states, "Oh, that changed from when I originally wrote it. Sorry, sometimes it's hard for me to keep up :)"

Azarial says, "Retainers is on the monthly cycle, as I recall.  it rolls over on the first of every month with a few other systems."

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Thanks for the correction."

Kirill states, "Some stuff gets checked at the end of the month."

Kirill says, "Retainers and taxes are monthly checks."

Lissel states, "I was looking for a bir more spesific like 6am or something :P"

Kinaed states, "Oh, probably midnight system."

Azarial says, "At rollover."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Oh, okay I was gonna say it'd not be too bad spending 50 a week but 200 a week, I'd die."

Sparkles trails off, "I have something but it's probably a forum thing but ..."

Kirill says, "Saturday night at midnight."

Raspberries claims, "Unless rollover breaks"

Kinaed says, "Most of our processing happens at midnight, system time. You get a message and a pause that the daily rollover is happening"

Galax states, "It's midnight server time, which I think is roughly around ESTish"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "Don't jinx us :P"

Kirill states, "Rollover happens every night midnight server."

Raspberries grins.

Azarial claims, "Server time is listed at the bottom of 'who'"

SomeoneLoveable says, "It's midnight est, mm."

Kirill says, "There's also a weekly rollover on Saturday night when other things happen."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed muses, "Do we have anything further to talk about?"

Lissel states, "Thanks different timezone so just quickly trying to work that out"

Kirill states, "And another one on Tuesday night, when other stuff happens, lol."

Azarial says, "There are three or four days a week that have stuff reseting and recalculating."

Kinaed muses, "12 minutes to go, all of our topics are raised, right?"

Sparkles waves a hand.

Kinaed muses, "People want to just shoot the breeze?"

Kuzco claims, "I have no more silly things to raise."

SomeoneLoveable declares, "Sparkles does!"

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Yes? :)"

Raspberries raises the dea- coughs* 

Kirill muses, "Rollover stuff is on the calendar too : https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/ ... bWFpbC5jb20"

Raspberries questions, "Hmm that's odd, what's eating the asterisk?"

Lissel says, "Thanks :)"

Sparkles claims, "Currently avocados are very very very hard to grow and that makes sense but because they're considered a vegetable and a fruit they only make one portion when you cut them up. Compared to exotic fruits."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kirill claims, "Asterisks are used in emotes, help emote."

Azarial claims, "It tries to parse it then drops the wiord back into the emote when nothing matches"

Sparkles claims, "This makes for great sadness."

Kinaed wonders, "So review avocados?"

Raspberries claims, "Oh, right."

Sparkles states, "It might also go with adding more options to use fruit as an alternative to vegetables in things"

Kinaed states, "On the list :)"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "On the list. Thanks for the feedback :)"

Kuzco states, "Avocado are like, serious"

Sparkles declares, "Thanks!"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco states, "If you are ever gifted one, you better marry that person"

Kuzco says, "I'm not even kidding"

Galax says, "As a millenial, can confirm."

Kinaed looks horrified.

Azarial raises an eyebrow.

Kirill claims, "Heh."

Kinaed suddenly needs to give back all of her avo.

Raspberries says, "Oh and avocado. Thaaaaaanks."

Temi states to Kinaed, "I think you're excused if you're already married.  Probably.  Hopefully."

Azarial says, "If you have the right size pot you can grow your own.  just mind that taproot."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Just so people know, coamjar is now a spice, too."

Kitty coughs.

Kuzco muses, "In TI i I get a pomegranate I'm like 'oh nice' but an an avocado? Daaaaaamn"

Galax says, "Anyone asking if you want guac at Chipotle is courting you, also."

Sparkles claims, "Oh actually that's a question when did Juniper become a fruit and not a spice."

Kinaed says, "Alright, we're about 10 min until the top of the hour, and we're out of topics. I'd like to ask everyone to consider writing a review on TMC or Reddit and letting staff know if you want some quest points - it's a great way to get people to come play TI, and the more full the world is, the more fun it si for everyone."

Azarial claims, "Heh.  just one more effort I never see."

Satoshi snorts out a laugh, then adds, "Juniper is a fruit, I thought?"

Kinaed queries, "Actually, someone asked, and maybe I missed the answer... how is notify going?"

Satoshi says, "I love notify to death."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "It's both fruit and spice I'd say since the leaves are used as well as the berries."

Raspberries exclaims, "It works I think!"

Sparkles claims, "I like it."

Raspberries claims, "I like that it doesn't say who it's from."

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Notify is wonderful!"

Lissel states, "It saves on costs for messengers"

Kinaed muses, "I've heard we're getting more visnet traffic with less tells too. Is everyone aware that osay is free when in a room with a cyan player or a staff member?"

Galax wonders, "Ohh, notify is anonymous?"

SomeoneLoveable says, "It is."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kuzco states, "Notify is great."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "It seems like we've had a pick up on grid traffic too now that notify and things are about."

Kuzco states, "I was gonna suggest it before it was implemented, because it 's like a pre-set tell"

Grigory has lost link.
Grigory has reconnected.

Kinaed nods.

Satoshi says, "I still think that there should be a sort've way to have people turn RP on more often, though"

Satoshi says, "Or at least a reminder if you have it off for extended periods of time"

Lissel says, "I agree"

SomeoneLoveable states, "It would be nice personally if we had where rp toggles on a timer thing like whoinvis personally."

Kinaed states, "I think that makes sense, opening tells for STs and the players they're interacting with."

Satoshi states, "A lot of time I see LOTS of people on but I have noooo idea where they are"

Kuzco claims, "I mean you are welcomed to find me at the Chamber of Sacrifices"

Raspberries states, "I had a question for people about guildchat, since that seems to be the number one complaint on the recent forum post"

Temi claims, "There is a channel for stories"

Raspberries asks, "What exactly about it are your missing?"

Kirill laughs at Kuzco.

Galax says, "Come see me at MURDER ALLEY. There's tea."

Kinaed grins at galax.

Sparkles states, "I think it's probably the banter."

Azarial claims, "The banter can continue on ooc"

Raspberries says, "We've still got the OOC channel for banter though"

Kuzco says, "There's banter at Discord, daily"

Kinaed states, "Honestly, Staff dislike guild chat intensely. Most of the 'coordination' stuff there could be done ICly with a meeting, for example,and most of it is banter."

Temi claims, "I know I was sad that I read a book related to one of the guilds I have a character in and wasn't able to share it to the guild."

Lissel says, "Well when I was stuck with a thief and only a clerk it would have been nice to ask if there was another reeve about"

Kinaed nods.

Kirill states, "I don't want to banter with everyone, just select groups."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You can pboard the guild"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "The only problem I see with lack of guild chat is that it sometimes you feel like ther's nothing going on in guilds, but all that really requires is just a little bit more organization honestly."

Azarial states, "You can petiton the reeves from their lobby"

Temi states, "It's not the same."

Kinaed nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Kuzco starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Satoshi says, "Why not just add a notify or something for the guild, or like a page or something"

Sparkles states, "They all have one."

Kirill trails off, "That already exists..."

Satoshi says, "Or make it a sort of ic/ooc combined action, like a bell you ring or a bird you release"

Kuzco finishes his note.

Kinaed says, "All guilds should currently have a paging system that alerts all members in the guild that there's someone there looking for RP"

Kirill states, "That exists."

Satoshi states, "Then that's your solution, problem solved"

Kuzco says, "Yeah it exists."

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "It does!"

Satoshi erms, "C-can you tell me what it is?"

Kuzco claims, "Also intra-guild mail on the regular works wonders"

Lissel queries, "So I can notify reeves?"

Kinaed states, "I think getting the message out there that it exists and how is a bit of an exercise though"

Kuzco says, "I mail the entire guild with updates and orders every 2 weeks"

Kitty claims, "We just don't know who is coming, so you may get the entire guild converging on one poor person all at the same time. (If none of them are engaged in RP.)"

Kirill says, "You can send a messenger to Reeves too."

Sparkles states, "I do really wish that you could mail guilds as a collective though."

Kuzco states, "There' also boards that you can update"

Kinaed says, "It's been in our OOC Chat notes for the last two weeks and has come up again today, which tells me we're not getting the message out there of how to do it. I might ask Niamh to post a general board note explaining it to each guild for everyone to see."

Raspberries claims, "I had a thought that a way to shout "I'll get it!" in response to a guild page would be helpful."

Kinaed states, "Good idea, noting it"

Sparkles claims, "Maybe what happens there is the system could notify you."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Yeah that is a good idea."

Kuzco says, "Yeah since everyone either converges or expects someone else to do it"

Sparkles says, "And if you notify back it posts that the channel."

Raspberries nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

SomeoneLoveable exclaims, "I did have a little bit of a question!"

Kinaed states to SomeoneLoveable, "Yes, quickly :)"

Kinaed claims, "We're at the end of the meeting timebox."

Galax says, "I think I saw it in the scroll but I would also love a 'mail guild' option if possible, the same way I can set a guild as a recip"

SomeoneLoveable queries, "Is there like a procedure for inductions, I have a lot of friends I've sort of brought tothe game but they some times have a hard time getting in contact with our guildleaders because of time differences for inductions. do they have to be present with a guildleader to be inducted once sponsored?"

Galax states, "For messengers, that is"

Kinaed muses, "That already exists, I think? Both for mail and messengers?"

Kuzco states, "You can mail guild leaders."

Raspberries claims, "For messengers, not for mail."

Kuzco trails off, "But as for inductions... hm"

Kinaed claims to SomeoneLoveable, "Nope, a guild leader can guild a player when they're not online. Requiring a meeting is at the GL's decision, they can also just decide to go off sponsors and write a letter if they want."

SomeoneLoveable declares, "Oh neat! cool!"

Kitty claims, "I think it's very, very important for new players to contact the GLs, though. Mailing them, making them aware of their presence, etc."

Galax states, "Oh."

Kuzco states, "Oh fair warning: I might make a new Facebook profile to manage the TI page, as I'm getting told by friends that they can see my posts on the grid, and that is not what  I want."

Raspberries nods in agreement with Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kuzco states, "On the wall I mean."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I actually didn't even know that when I was a guild leader I thought I had to meet with them."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Galax exclaims, "I never knew you could guild someone offline or far away as a GL!"

Kuzco claims, "Specially when I go around posting images of gorgeous ladies."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "You can exclude your friends from seeing posts on TI's page though, I think. It's just a setting on the posts."

Kuzco says, "Yeah? I'll check that."

Kuzco claims, "Thanks madam."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed claims, "Happy to help."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. Thanks for coming, everyone! Hope to see you next week!"

Kinaed waves goodbye.

• Information