Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-05-25

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Ikeala states, "I've got something."

Kinaed says to Ikeala, "I've got you :)"

RoseQuartz pontificates, "I have a brief thing!"

Kinaed states, "If you have a topic, please pre-write it so that you're ready to introduce it when called upon"

Kinaed nods at RoseQuartz.

Kinaed says to RoseQuartz, "Got you"

Kitty claims, "I have a something, I think."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else?"

RoseQuartz smiles at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Severine declares, "I do as well!"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if anyone else has anything, send me a tell as we proceed."

Kinaed nods at Severine.

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

I see nothing like that in the bag.

I see nothing like that in the kit.

Kinaed claims, "I'm going to kick off Staff Updates: last week I approved for the Order to open apps to lower level guild members (this is a special case as we have a general policy of not opening guild apps when there are lower level people in the guild tht can be promoted so as not to promote over them)"

Kinaed has transferred SomeoneLoveable.  [OOC]
Azarial has transferred SomeoneLoveable.  [OOC]
Azarial has transferred SomeoneLoveable.  [OOC]

Azarial scuffs her foot sheepishly.

Kinaed gives SomeoneLoveable some coins.

Kitty chuckles.

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Ooh, money!"

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed hugs Azarial. 

Kinaed claims, "I did a preliminary review of Temi's Turf War spec and I still have Jail Automation and reviewing the new sneak/hide/pick/steal stuff."

Kinaed wonders, "That's it for me - Az?"

Azarial says, "Ummm.  I think 'notify' was this week; i've updated the pk polca to clarify the usage, adjusted a few rolls, and the usual round of typos.  I don;t believe there were any crashes this week.  I'm not sure if the language preparsing for the revised ledgers was this week or last.  towels were defintely last week."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "That's a nice suite of new functionality and updates, Az. Thank you."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "The notify command is lovely."

RoseQuartz cheers for Azarial. 

Kuzco nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Satoshi nods. "It's pretty durn sweet, and a good thing when tells don't exist no more."

Kavir states, "I'd missed the notify thing, but now I love it"

Kinaed says, "As we're the only staff in attendance today, I'm afraid I can only high level brush stroke for the others - I believe Eldon is working on another plot, Temi processed a huge number of noble apps, and I saw Niamh handling several requests."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Kuzco says, "I was gonna suggest something like it. It's cool."

Kinaed says, "I'm quite glad notify is going over so well."

SomeoneLoveable states, "It's wonderful."

Satoshi claims, "It's also less bright and scary than page, heh."

Ikeala wonders, "I was going to bring up something about notify, but perhaps now might be the moment?"

Kinaed states, "I think that's everything for Staff Updates :)"

Raspberries says, "Had a question on notify"

Kinaed says to Ikeala, "Please hold off until Player Topics"

RoseQuartz says, "I would like it to be linked to whererp so people have to keep it on more lol"

Ikeala nods.

RoseQuartz quiets. 

Satoshi says, "Oh hot damn that's a good idea, since no one likes to have RP on ever, I think."

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Apparently it will come up with player topics :)"

Raspberries nods.

SomeoneLoveable states, "I usually only have mine off if I'm in like a private place."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Player Heartbeat: How was the game this week?"

SomeoneLoveable states, "But Where rp is totally a good thing for the game in general, makes it look more lively. so people don't go oh, it's quiet."

Lissel claims, "Awsome, so many new or returning players, RP is out of this world"

Kuzco states, "Intense."

Raspberries says, "Must not've been too good, since I've been busy with RL. Sorry about that guys. *files nails*"

RoseQuartz says, "Great! Though I feel like I am pulling back to just the one character. "

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I have found some awesome hooks because of a lot of amazing players."

Satoshi grins. "I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm enjoying the heck out of it."

Kinaed says, "It has been very interesting to see a recent upswing in players, particularly old players returning."

Kinaed smiles at SomeoneLoveable.

Ezio pontificates, "Yay upswing! Scenes have been good lately! :)"

RoseQuartz claims, "I may or may not being reaching out to all that I can, and seeing if they would come back "

Lissel claims, "I am not going for days on end with no RP anymore "

Ikeala says, "I've had some good and interesting scenes this week."

Kuzco says, "Yes it's really cool"

Kinaed beams at RoseQuartz. 

Raspberries smiles.

RoseQuartz states, "I would -kill- for Gavin's player's number again. "

SomeoneLoveable states, "I think the game has developed a feel that makes it more fun to get in trouble, especially now that a lot of the tenseness has sorta swung back a bit."

Kavir states, "Quite fine for me, granted, this is a new char, so I'm still working on defining it, but the response has been mostly positive, and the RP I got was in general very, very good. All in all, I'm very satisfied"

Radiune states, "I've had some great RP scenes in the past week as well. All's going fantastic."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you, those of you reaching out to friends and asking them to join."

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Satoshi claims, "I've tried to tempt over a few friends, but almost all of them are intimidated by the infodump of chargen."

Kinaed gives Wimpled some coins.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Chargen is a little scary the first second and third times. heh."

Ikeala muses, "They can always use the simpler chargen version maybe that would help?"

Lissel claims, "Yes, most of my friends stopped there aswell"

Kinaed queries to Satoshi, "Not willing or interested in quick chargen? It skips most of the infodump"

Kinaed nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Kuzco states, "I tried with little success, so I focus on Facebook"

Ezio declares, "Restringing is a fun way to test my current levels of sanity, yeah!"

Radiune claims, "If anything, the mass information was what drew me in and I actually ended up going through chargen a few too many times to try different concepts - had to liquidate a few chars, haha."

Satoshi states, "I think both made a a character, went a little bit in, and then fled. Also They both picked detailed before asking me, heh."

Kuzco looks at Ikeala: "Simplr chargen?"

RoseQuartz says, "I feel like it is the commands, and understanding what to do/is happening."

SomeoneLoveable states, "I agree with RoseQuartz."

Ikeala states, "Quick chargen as Kinaed mentioned, we now have two options."

Satoshi says, "Honestly I had some comments on the newbie experience but they're not like, specific easy to solve problems."

Kuzco claims, "Didn't know."

Radiune says, "Then again, I'm weird. I treat chargen like I'm reading a novel and then writing a short story built within a predetermined setting."

Ezio declares, "Also, I have a point to bring up when it is time! :)"

Radiune claims, "I love to read helpfiles. xD"

Azarial claims, "'help random'"

Severine claims, "I think one of the biggest things we can do is be encouraging to new players by involving them in RP where its possible."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Lissel nods at Severine 

Kinaed queries, "I think - if you know something about the chargen experience or have feedback, may I ask you to please write a Personal Board message to staff with feedback?"

SomeoneLoveable says, "I have a lot of friends who I'm trying to bring in, but they all keep getting hung up on the theme, since a lot of them are LGBT and they don't like the severity it sounds like. So I'm trying to twist their arms and being like it's not that bad."

RoseQuartz promotes 'help sandwich', not that I think anyone needs it, just a fun helpfile. 

Lissel claims, "It does get a bit lonely as a new char who doesn't know anyone"

Kinaed states, "You don't need to solve any problems, just tell me what you've heard or experienced."

Kinaed says, "We'll take it away and do what we can to fix it"

Kinaed comforts Lissel.

Satoshi nods, rubbing the back of his head. "Is now the time or are we not to that point?"

Radiune claims, "Play a Tubori! Tubori have same-sex marriage - you'd be in a marginalized culture, but you'd have a sub-culture that would be warm and accepting to your character, hypothetically."

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "That's what I'm telling them! "

Ikeala states, "Hmm."

RoseQuartz states, "The theme -is- LGBT friendly, actually. My character talks about liking dick openly. "

Azarial claims, "Plus the ic/ooc separation.  you are not your character"

Jennifer is idle.

Satoshi nod nods. "It's what I did! Granted, that wasn't why I picked Tubori but I sure like the effect."

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "I'll put you down in the list of people with a topic to introduce. We're not at that point yet."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Oh I know that, but when I started I even had a hard time at first because you don't want to come in and have a bad thing happen right out the gate, now I'm like welp."

Satoshi thumbups to Kinaed and settles back to be quiet.

SomeoneLoveable says, "Yall have fun chasing me around the map with inquisiting things."

RoseQuartz questions, "Someonelovable, Did you tell them the rather large amount of LGBT that are seasoned players?"

Azarial queries, "A bit like leaving the vault in a fallout and finding a deathclaw camping your leve one corpse?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if you have a chargen issue or a 'this is why we're not getting players' issue, please Personal Board staff to alert us"

Kuzco chuckles at Azarial. 

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I think our population of players is probably half LGBTQ+ or more"

SomeoneLoveable states, "I have I think they're coming around."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "So we'll see. "

Radiune states, "I'm a new player, and I am the big gay."

Kinaed grins at Radiune. 

RoseQuartz declaims, "I am the big gay too!"

Severine says, "I do think that's also sort of the point of Inquisition, to showcase unfairness and inequality.  Not to enable those concepts, but to explore them.  "

Kinaed states, "I think you might have to argue the title with a few others."

RoseQuartz highfives Radiume. 

SomeoneLoveable declares, "There's a lot of people here so it's just a matter of them taking the plunge!"

Azarial says, "I'm sure they'll sword fight over it."

SomeoneLoveable cackles at Azarial.

Kinaed nods at Severine.

Lissel snorts water out her nose

RoseQuartz claims, "Azarial, I love you. So much."

Satoshi giggles and adds, "Yeah we're all big gays, but this isn't necessarily a gay-themed game. I rather like the fact you need to at least pretend to be sneaky about it." Then he giggles again at Azarial. 

Radiune snorts soda out of his nose at Az.

SomeoneLoveable says, "It took me a long time to get that Severine. I had to really grow with this place."

RoseQuartz uses a staff, anyways. Prefers two handed, over on. :)

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Lissel says, "I can say however that RP is picking up and there is a wide variety of players now that make for very interesting RP"

RoseQuartz says, "One, rather."

Severine claims, "Sometimes I do think that we might forget our modern rules don't always apply to the game culture, its not fair, but its not to say any of us OOCly agree with that.  "

Radiune states, "Yep - example - the mainstream culture is openly racist towards Charalin and hill people. It's obviously not acceptable OOC - but it makes sense in character."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Right I think a lot of it is just a matter of being like bad things happen and sometimes it should just be viewed as fun, but its hard when some people come from pasts that are like oh my god I'm reliving my teens all over again."

SomeoneLoveable states, "That was my case for sure."

Kinaed says, "Our HELP SEXUALITY was developed with our LGBTQ+ players actually putting forward what they wanted to see."

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "I'll tell them that, that'll make it easier on them!"

Kinaed states, "I don't think it's a perfect fit for everyone, but we wanted a theme that allowed people to explore both acceptance and reluctance depending on what they personally enjoyed."

SomeoneLoveable states, "To Kinaed I think you've done a good job of that."

Radiune says, "In a sense, as well, it is a different aspect and experience to play a repressed character as well - and to open up and blossom as you begin to roleplay. I think the setting is very open to that type of interpretation as well. ^^"

Kinaed says, "I am very glad that you think so, and I hope your friends find a home here too."

Satoshi states, "I think too that no matter how much one touts ic/ooc separation it's to be expected a little bit of connection. Regardless, I think the theme is fine, just new players who are worried about it need to think about whether they're ok with that, or if they're willing to not play a character that isn't so close to themselves."

Kinaed nods at Radiune.

SomeoneLoveable says, "Exactly. but I'm actually am going to copy this discussion and send it to them so they can see the topic and see if it helps."

Radiune nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you for letting us know. I'd like to wrap back to the agenda so that we have time for other players who have raised topics :)"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oh, oops, sorry."

Satoshi eeps and puts his hands over his mouth, shushing again. After a moment he also covers someonelo's mouth.

Kinaed queries to Ikeala, "You're registered first. Would you care to introduce us now?"

SomeoneLoveable shuts up.

Radiune becomes the big quiet.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "No need to feel bad or shush, just trying to make sure we can fit everything in. :)"

Ikeala states, "I love the new notify system. However, there's systems to communicate with folks that hinge on having a coded name remembered and interact with the remember system in ways that can cause issues for folks who need/want to be sneaky."

Kinaed wonders to Ikeala, "Can you give some examples so I know what you're referring to?"

Raspberries says, "On the notify thing, I wanted to ask if your afk/iaw message will be displayed to those who use it, like tells did before"

Azarial claims, "It does not, and it should not access the rememebr system."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "We can add that."

SomeoneLoveable states, "That's a good idea."

Raspberries gives a thumbs up.

Kinaed states, "Made a note to add alerts for AFK/IAW"

SomeoneLoveable says, "Oh I do have a quick thing when people are done, just a tiny thing."

Ikeala says, "Notify is for example arguably an OOC thing not an IC thing. Most of my interactions on grid with people I don't tend to use my coded name for reasons. So people don't tend to always know a name/title/tag by which to notify you. So being able to set up 'notify' slots like the blackmarket or mail profiles might be helpful."

Kinaed adds SomeoneLoveable to the list.

Raspberries claims, "Ah-hah. yes, it's always a pain in the butt when it comes to coded vs ICly known names."

SomeoneLoveable questions, "Is there a way to attach an alias to yourself that oocly systems like notify can ping off of other than just coded names?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note to review how notify works with regards to targetting. I think it should target the wholist first, then if it finds nothing, check your remember list."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oh, or that."

Kuzco states, "Some people might not have someone like Ikeala remembered in a way that works."

Kinaed asks of Ikeala, "Does that resolve your query?"

Wimpled states, "I'm not able to notify my remember names."

Wimpled says, "Just tried"

Ikeala says, "I certainly want to RP with people, but telling people your coded/real name for the purpose of getting RP can be a whole balancing act of risk versus reward. Yeah that's the thing if you are often masked/cloaked people can't remember you."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Raspberries grins at Wimpled.

RoseQuartz remembers Wimpled's remembered names.

Azarial claims, "It currently only checks code names of players.  it will not notify npcs that you want to rp."

Kitty muses, "I would say it might not - what if you are trying to find someone your character has been told to contact, but it is not a coded name, and you don't have them remembered either. BUT... it is a common alias they would be known by?"

Ikeala states, "Indeed."

Kinaed states, "So we'll check the who list first, then check remembered names. I don't think we should check aliases, etc, in case it reveals aliase."

Kuzco says, "Don't wanna encourage alias fishing, true."

Kinaed says, "Potentially we can create a who alias which just overwrites your name on the wholist with an alias, but that's probably a bit complicated for the time being."

Ikeala claims, "But that's the thing you can't customize your name on Who it's by default your coded name."

Ikeala states, "Yeah."

Raspberries says, "That could be neat."

Kitty nods

Kinaed states, "It also doesn't cover you introducing yourself differently to different people"

Kinaed has transferred galax.  [OOC]

Kinaed gives galax some coins.

Raspberries nods.

Severine states, "What if we utilized a keyword system, where your coded name pings but also you can add a keyword or 'alias' to that list"

Galax waves.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, thanks for raising the topic. I think we have some potential improvements we can make here even if we don't get it all the way home in the first iteration."

Ikeala nods.

Kinaed states to Severine, "Better to use the remember list because it lets the person who is remembering you reach out by whatever alias they want versus being able to log in and ping down the list fior aliases."

Kinaed muses to RoseQuartz, "Would you like to introduce us to your topic now? :)"

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

RoseQuartz wonders, "I am really struggling with the shops being freeman/gentry only. I love the idea in total, but, as the Magnate.... being denied acces to a shop that is owned, by the merchants... That doesn't seem thematic. Overall, the limits do seem themematic, but I feel there should be an exemption, withint reason for certain positions. My suggestion is that there should be allowances for this mechanic for everyone in the 'second tier' in Help precedence. Thoughts?"

Ezio is idle.

Raspberries states, "I could imagine the magnate not visiting freeman shops, and just sending lackies to fetch thems instead."

Kinaed finishes her note.

Satoshi says, "I feel like it's more thematic to bar freemen/gentry from things than to bar higher classes from them. For instance most things in southside are dangerous to higher classes."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I was going to say it seems like the magnate would just be like go get me this, apprentice, so on."

RoseQuartz states, "Rasp, That is a -great- idea. I am pretty sure all of my guild members are gentry"

Kinaed says to RoseQuartz, "I'm really sorry that this one bugs you so much, but it's come up a lot, and we're pretty adamant at this time that it won't be changing."

Radiune claims, "The magnate going to a lowly freeman shop to fetch materials could be seen as sinful, denial of one's station, in character - but it's kind of excused by the low merchant counts for now, if I'm not mistaken.."

Ikeala wonders, "What was the original inspiration for that change with PC shops?"

Kinaed claims, "It's linked to our city metrics and class relations, so there is the ability for players to move class relations up, then it doesn't matter."

Kitty says, "I had a situation this week where I had to go find someone to buy something for me from the medical shop across the street from the hospital to make some medicines. Which was... odd."

Azarial claims, "It was changed for player shops as it was abused to avoid the consequences of the metric system"

Kinaed says to Ikeala, "It's a function of class relations being low that shops won't sell to people outside of the class. When relations are high, the shops are open to all."

RoseQuartz states, "I can't buy wooden hafts to make weapons. lol "

RoseQuartz states to Kinaed, "As long as you taste the salt of my tears, I am happt. "

Severine says, "It also begs the question though, if the pacing of the the game's roleplay and population can sustain consistent and regular errand-running from another PC"

Satoshi offers his lowly peasant self to buy whatever anyone needs for nominal fees.

RoseQuartz says, "And also, am Happy."

SomeoneLoveable asks, "I do have to ask because I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, is being able to sneak in a disguise into certain quarters a bug? or is it not?"

SomeoneLoveable says, "Since it's tied to relations."

Kinaed states to RoseQuartz, "I have tasted it, I promise. Also, you do have options - asking someone else to buy for you ICly or focusing on raising class relations in the City Report."

Raspberries wonders, "How about a change to the wording- instead of <shopkeeper> refuses to acknowledge <you>, how about <You> refuses to do business with <shopkeeper>?"

Kinaed claims to SomeoneLoveable, "It is probably not a bug."

RoseQuartz says, "To Kinaed I can't raise more than one City Metric, though that would be cool. "

Kuzco claims, "Rasp, that's removing player agency"

Azarial wonders, "Or the raw 'class metrics are too low to permit name's patraonage of the shop'?"

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "Okay! cool I just wanted to know because I had some rp come up and it was fun but I'm like omg did I just break the game!"

Kitty says, "But... if I needed soemthing, I wouldn't refuse to do business with them, so switching it doesn't really work."

Jennifer has left the game.

Kinaed questions to RoseQuartz, "Alone, no - but with the power of your friends...?"

SomeoneLoveable declares, "To rosequartz noble projects!"

Radiune says, "Yeah, being able to only improve one allows people to 'choose their battles' - though I think it'd be neat if you could majorly promote one and have a secondary lesser promote for metrics if you had a certain prestige level."

Ikeala claims, "If you get nobles to participate."

Kavir wonders, "Kitty's right, what if it's imperative for a PC to buy something but the code 'controls' their mind?"

Kinaed states, "We can change the language though - The city situation is such that <shopkeep> cannot safely do business with you."

Severine claims, "I agree with Kinaed though.  Ideally guild leaders would just focus on their main city metric, but if there are systemic barriers beyond that.  GLs should consider making those agreements with nobles"

SomeoneLoveable claims to Kinaed, "That's a good one."

Kavir nods at Kinaed.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Yeah it gives reasons for Nobles to be more involved in day to day, imo."

Satoshi grabby hands at nobles.

Severine says, "And that is the demonstrable difference in a noble's power and relevance in society.  If the guilds did not need noble support, they would effectively operate as nobility themselves"

Satoshi claims, "I like a reference to class relations though. That makes it more clear what's causing it"

Kinaed sees that she suggested basically what Az had up top, but didn't see (warning: things sometimes scroll past me really quickly in this meeting; if I look like I'm ignoring you, I probably just missed it).

Azarial says to Kinaed, "Yours was worded better"

Raspberries claims, "I kind of feel that many players ignore the metrics as-is though, could be a good reminder that not only are the NPCs not doing business with you, but that you shouldn't be happy doing business with them either"

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Ikeala says, "As an FYI some of that can create situations where a GL can't get things from their own GL shop or it has in the past."

Tator is idle.

Tator is no longer idle.

Tator has returned from AFK.

Azarial chuckles softly, one ear fluttering briefly.

Kinaed finishes her note.

Ezio is no longer idle.
Ezio has returned from AFK.
Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Azarial claims, "Guilds might consider a second vendor off of the same back room to cater to the offclas guild memebrs, though the gl shop for tools might need to be exempt all togetehr as it is more of an ooc tool to ensure the proper functioning of the guild"

Kitty states, "I think non-guilded players might be ignoring metrics some if they don't have a lot of IP. But, remember that you can get IP through the rumor system, etc. Getting IP isn't impossible - it's actually... very possible. And... the rumors are sadly lacking at the moment. If something noteworthy happens in pubic, there should likely be a rumor about it, which adds to your IP (to a certain amount each week). Which... allows people to participate in the metric system."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I've requested Az make the wording change there."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Yeah, I try and bump up the prejudice and things when race relations are low and things like that."

Ikeala nods to az. 

Radiune claims, "Perhaps adding more effects to some of the metrics - I don't know if it's like this or not (I've only been here a short while and haven't been around to witness changing metrics), but it might make sense for high infrastructure to lower MV costs, or vice versa for low. Maybe with exceptionally high infrastructure small trails are built around the city (but temporary ones)."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Or complain how everything is in short supply."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kitty totally submitted a request about that today, Az.

Raspberries states, "It does, yes Raiune."

Kitty claims, "Well, similar."

Kinaed nods at Radiune.

Kinaed states to Radiune, "Part of that is in place - low infrastructure makes it hard to get around the city."

Kinaed muses to Kitty, "Can I get you to introduce your topic?"

Kitty claims, "I just wanted to give a gentle nudge of reminder that there is a teeeensy bit of a difference between ignoring someone ICly and ignoring someone OOCly. An IC ignore can still include a target of the person, and an indication that your character doesn't seem to be giving a crap about what they're doing - especially when they are targeting your character repeatedly. OOCly ignoring someone by completely RPing around them can be... a little frustrating for the person trying to interact and having people either never interact back (even if it is someone ignoring them), or just constantly walk out. I think there might be some RP opportunities being missed. If a person knows their character is being ignored, they can react to that. If... people are just RPing around them and never targeting them, they have nothing to react to - they are literally RPing by themselves, which only goes so far. Nor do they know if anyone intends to interact with them - or missed the poses their way - or... well, anything, really. So, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play, I know I can't do that, but... I guess it's a request of - if your character is going to flat out ignore a character, that's totally great and, in many cases, VERY IC. But, if at all possible, letting the player know by targetting and indicating the ignore in a pose would be insanely helpful for the one being ignored."

Raspberries questions, "No trails at the moment though. I imagine that would take a bit of coding. But maybe with the um... territories? spec"

Azarial asks, "'trails'?"

Raspberries nods.

Ikeala states, "I think that's technically against rules too or close to it."

Raspberries states to Azarial, "See Radiunes suggestion"

Azarial claims, "Still doens;t make sense."

Severine claims, "Actually, I second Kitty's concern.  I notice this happen quite a bit."

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial finishes her note.

Satoshi states, "I haven't noticed per se ignoring people, but I do often notice that sometimes the general politeness of turn orders gets skipped a lot"

Ikeala states, "Sometimes I just miss things personally and I kind of wish when you were targeted by others it highlighted your name to you or something. In a huge scene sometimes you miss things."

SomeoneLoveable states, "I usually notice it more in larger crowds, but I never say anything because I know myself I miss so many things in huge group scrolls, but I'm sure it does happen yeah."

Kinaed claims, "I agree, if ignoring someone ICly, please actually emote that your character is ignoring someone - albeit it's not actually a rule, it's just courtesy (and you don't need to call it ignoring either - I've emoted things like 'being too far away from <name> to notice their activities, Kinaed focuses her attention on /Azarial.""

Raspberries nods.

Satoshi says, "Which can easily steamroll or ignore someone. I second the highlighting, though because i have missed things."

Radiune nods.

Kitty isn't meaning in larger crowds. Has seen it happen in rooms of 2, 3, and 4, too.

Kitty states, "Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought it up."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Oh, well that's not cool."

Kinaed says to Ikeala, "I believe you can easily set that up client side. I don't think it's something we want to do because we already use a lot of color signalling for things like languages, etc."

Azarial says, "Which makes it difficult for the screenreader option"

Ikeala says, "I might post on the forums and ask for suggestions if anyone's done that."

Radiune states, "Yep, I know MUSHClient has an option for highlighting words if I'm not mistaken. I highlight my character's names."

Kinaed claims, "Also, if you do serially encounter someone in particular who always ignores you in a scene, please drop me a Request Board so I can ask them to be more polite."

Satoshi says, "I can attest that highlighting your own name on a client makes it incredibly laggy with the amount it's being thrown around, but yes, screenreaders are probably more important than a little QoL thing."

Kuzco says, "I do that for Norrig's name"

Galax says, "You can do it in mudlet too"

Kinaed plasters on a unicorn smile.

Kuzco claims, "And when a messenger is waiting on me it flashes angry red"

Raspberries states, "Name highlighting isn't a bad idea, I might set that up."

Raspberries says, "I have beeps on messengers"

Kuzco claims, "It's crucial for crowded parties"

Severine says, "I also don't know if it has to do with a scene being too busy.  I think it's avoiding conflict in the game, conflicting being what much of the roleplay in the game revolves around."

Azarial nods.

Wimpled states, "Kitty mentioned it being small scenes."

Azarial states, "Conflict is the key driving force to character development"

RoseQuartz doesn't know how to workMUSHclient magic.

Kinaed muses, "For the record, Raspberries is pretty handy with that sort of thing and has released snippets in the past to help people. Maybe players can get together with them and sort some sort of plugin out for those who want this?"

Satoshi states, "I will fully admit, sometimes in my large paragraph emotes, I forget to repsond sometimes to significant things and skip over them unintentionally, but I don't want to break turn order to shoot out a secondary response."

Kitty states, "I am not talking about large scenes. I miss things in large scenes, too."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Severine claims, "If you don't have time to do a scene or you're getting bogged down, you can osay for it.  But this particular situation is more of a skirting around the need to interact at all.  Or rather, the responsibility of being a GL or application role.  Not a judgment but just an observation."

Raspberries says, "On tintin, it's just #highlight (name) (color)"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "I think we all do now and again - it's more the systemic ignoring thing that people pick up on... when it seems more than usual."

Kinaed has transferred Cheeky.  [OOC]

Kinaed gives Cheeky some coins.

SomeoneLoveable says, "If someone could help me set up beeps it'd be amazing for me because I miss messengers."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Just personal note me, though I use mushclient."

Radiune states, "MUSHClient it's Ctrl + alt + H, or on the bottom end of the "display tab" (for highlight word function)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that, in the interests of time, we need to move to the next person. This OOC Chat may well go over; if it does, and you need to go, just let me know and I'll transfer you back to grid - or you can just walk down."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Ah highlights isn't needed because I'm blind,but audio queues."

Kinaed questions to Severine, "Please introduce us to your topic?"

Satoshi adds, "Here is a link for the MUSHclient forums for a breakdown of how to highlight too https:/tinyurl.com/y4lhu7j7" 

Kitty states, "I am talking about scenes with like... 3 or 4 people. I've literally had situations where I've seen characters target someone, wait, wait, wait... literally that person has done 2 or 3 more emotes, had the other person emote that they were waiting for a reply from a person and target that person again, and then just end up leaving. If it's a situation of not paying attention, that's fine, but... I have a feeling it was one PC ignoring the other, and it should have been signaled in a pose. And... I've seen it more than once."

Azarial asks, "For those waiting for their turn, pelase remember to pretype your topic?"

Severine says, "With respect to the on-grid representation of political structures in Lithmore, specifically Court, I understand in the past there were challenges with how that contributed to the game and involved players from different roles.  As Council appears to have effectively filled that function for the game, I was wondering if there are any other opportunities beyond the Plot system to affect the game world with respect to Court - especially with the expansion of the prestige system and the level of resource investment needed to reasonably participate or excel within it.  I realize this is optional, or may seem like more than one question, but wanted to touch on the value of these systems in a conglomerated sense."

Kuzco says, "Yeah Kitty that's r00d"

Radiune claims, "I agree, Kitty. I do my best to respond within a couple minutes - I sometimes have to think about how my character would word things rather than how I personally would, so it takes a little bit more involvement as I'm still 'getting into' my character's mind."

Kuzco states, "I could use with Prestige having more impact than IP and money. Very few people take it into account at all."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'd like to focus on the Court one. I'll follow up Kitty's concerns, but let's give Severine our attention."

Raspberries nods.

Radiune nods.

SomeoneLoveable states, "I'd like to see a heavier lean on Prestige now too, it's nice and I think it'd be cool to see more things it'd impact."

Severine claims, "Maybe even what implications prestige has for roleplay.  for example, does it carry the weight of what a city metric might do to influence roleplay."

Kinaed states, "Council runs the city, it is comprised of Court and guild members. Court exists and is pretty amorpheus at the moment and can be defined by anyone who wants to with a note that the Seneschal is the Keeper of the Seal and theoretically would run or be heavily involved in Court as the Queen's "right hand""

Kinaed muses, "Prestige is a system that needs fleshing out - I'd love to take ideas on it, but perhaps they can be written on the forums?"

Ezio states, "With all of the new nobles, it does seem like more realistic options of interacting, such as a noble court and more mechanics relating to prestige, might be quite realistic."

Kinaed claims, "We don't have time to brainstorm them in this meeting."

Kinaed nods at Ezio.

Galax states, "I wonder, in speaking about prestige, are we talking about expansions to its coded perks, or ways to simply make it more visible and, well, prestigious feeling? Besides just the tag."

Severine states, "I suppose I would like to see prestige have a force multiplier for project IP Shifts, or other overarching coded benefits on IP generation"

SomeoneLoveable wonders, "Nobles can hold their own courts as far as it partains to their own duchies as well, yes? Or am I not getting the theme right?"

Kinaed states, "Historically, Court happened out of Court Malenta in the palace. All nobles have access to the palace, so I'd say go check it out and hang there as a starting point if you'tre a noble and start to get others to join"

Ikeala says, "Also changing the game world in what way? Without an example I admit I'm a tad confused."

Ezio claims, "I do think it needs some sort of other signaling besides character helpfile, for sure."

Ezio wonders, "I haven't been able to access the Court Malenta. Am I alone?"

Azarial states, "'lore leaders' should be accessing prestige"

Ikeala says, "It's in the Palace. Take a carriage to the Palace."

Raspberries states, "If you have ranks in city lore"

Kinaed states, "It's in the palace. With regards to signalling, all nobles should have a prestige object which, when worn, makes it clear to the public that they're looking at a noble or someone with a great deal of power (inquisitorial rings, gold coronets, damascus weapons, etc)"

Ezio states, "Ah, I did not know you had to use a carriage to get to the palace, makes sense, thanks."

Raspberries claims, "Don't think damascus gives the ]"

Kinaed says, "These prestige objects basically serve as a warning and alert to people dealing with the character that they're seeing someone in front of them who at least dresses the part of being dangerous to cross."

Raspberries claims, "Don't think damascus gives the [P]"

Ikeala states, "I think folks don't always ask for the flag from chargen or it isn't automatic? So folks restring stuff to be gold etc but it doesn't give the coded Prestige tag so folks don't automatically see it."

Severine claims, "I think the spirit of my question was also, the potential there could be large RP events held in the palace once in a blue moon.  And if not that, a sort of direct/indirect emphasis on prestige affecting roleplay in the future."

Cheeky pontificates, "You can visit the palace by foot/horse too!"

Satoshi says, "The P tells you to bowwww so you don't dieeee"

Kuzco says, "Yeah damascus doesn't give the P"

Wimpled claims, "Damascus isn't in sumptuary as noble only."

Kinaed questions to Ezio, "You don't need a carriage, you can also walk. However, it is north of the city - I think it's something like 'travel trinity' from the north gate for Trinity Gate, then travel to Court Malenta?"

Galax says, "Besides prestige items, it feels like if I dump into someone super prestigious it'd be nice if there was a way, just upon casually looking at them, to signal like, 'oh snap! it's The Court Favorite' or something. But i'm not sure how much of that information should be handed out without city lore etc"

Radiune claims, "Yes, I forgot to ask for a prestige flag and so my character currently does not have it. I'll ask about it after the meeting."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

RoseQuartz states, "I am actually on planning on dealing with that icly for GL's"

Radiune claims, "A prestige flag, rather."

Galax says, "I meant bump. Not dump."

Ezio says, "Gotcha Kinaed, thank you."

Kinaed nods at galax.

RoseQuartz trails off, "Making items, like rings or whatever, of station, and having prestige flags placed on them, if they aren't gold... "

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "I think ideas for what more we can do with prestige would be awesome - I will start a forum thread on it so that we can gather ideas"

Galax claims, "Basically more gradiented info on *how* prestigious someone is, besides the telltale 'get bowing or get whipped' marker"

Radiune claims, "Some gemstones are prestigious too - rubies, sapphires, emeralds, alexandrites are four that I recall that are all only available to nobility."

Kinaed nods at Radiune.

Raspberries states, "Just a note, if your P item is covered, you won't be marked. If you've got gloves on, a prestigous ring won't mark you"

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Yup!"

Satoshi says, "You either need to bow to them, or you don't, really."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we've hit the top of the hour. I hope most of us can stay, but if not, please let me know."

Kinaed questions to Satoshi, "Your topic is next. Please introduce it to us?"

Wimpled claims, "IF you pay attention to sumptuary you can look at what gems someone is wearing, how many peaks are in a coronet or whatever - and figure out how big of a deal you're dealing with. "

Satoshi says, "So after a brief moment of thought, I have two main topics here to really bring attention to. The first is more to bring a topic to the attention of staff/players for considering, espesh considering that it might take some considerable thought on the part of them.  SO:"

Satoshi claims, "SO: it's mainly focused on the fact that as a COMPLETELY brand new player, often I am struggling with finding my way through helpfiles to find what systems are really important and need to know, even after going through chargen with the helpful blips. I've sort of been HEAVILY relying on ooc communication and aid, particularly off game because I've noticed there seems to be a sort of irritation with answering what is seen as a 'stupid question', and I almost always ask because I've either already read the helpfile and don't understand it and/or there is some (usually minor) confusion, or because I can't find the pertinent helpfile due to jargon (easy example is 'help pets' VS 'help retainers') A lot of the time, too, with big systems, I come to confusion as there aren't many examples, such as  with the sypport system. It says HOW to do it, supposedly, but there's not a good example of when is a good time to do it, VS just doing it because. These are all just off the top of my head, by the way, I don't have my list with me right now."

Raspberries says, "Just one today Sato, we're already overtime"

Satoshi says, "They're sorta connected is the issue but #2 has a solution in the problem."

Satoshi states, "Or rather it's one I have a suggestion to, this is just hey staff, im new and this is a thing i've noticed."

Kuzco claims, "Ya there's a buttload of systems to learn"

Raspberries nods.

Ezio states, "I agree with what you mean, no harm in posting it."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you for that feedback. It's a lot to unpack."

Ikeala says, "I've noticed people can get a bit snarky on visnet. If you are in a mood to not answer questions, turning it off might be kinder to new folks than being snappy."

Azarial says, "Some can be safely ignored starting out"

SomeoneLoveable says, "I agree with Ikeala."

Kinaed queries, "Can we meet together one-on-one after this meeting to discuss further?"

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Ezio says, "The helpfile system is overwhelming for someone who is new, but I know it's a huge undertaking to even think of a change."

Galax claims, "Be nice on visnet or I'll bite you."

Jennifer wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Galax tries to look menacing, fails.

Radiune states, "Agreed with Galax. Fear our collective teeth."

Kuzco says, "Be nice on visnet or I'll kill you"

Azarial tends towards autistic replies.

Satoshi states, "I've been focusing on one at a time, but seriously if your answer is just the helpfile when I take the time to type out an explanation of why I asked, don't bother"

Satoshi states, "#2 real quick, solution at end:"

Satoshi claims, "The secondary thing is that there seems to be a split in WHERE to find info, between the wiki and the in-game helpfiles. The website helpfile thingy doesn't work for me at all for some reason, so I've been referring to the wiki, but as an example, in-game geography can only be found in in-game help files. I couldn't for the LIFE of me find what area of Tubor my character was from, cause the website map doesn't have anything but major cities, and the wiki had areas, but no map or indication of where these names connected. The specific solution I'd suggest is maybe putting a push out for experienced players to flesh out the wiki or something."

SomeoneLoveable says, "There's been a few people who are like well there's a helpfile that, and it's annoying to me even as a person who's played a while."

Azarial sighs and makes a note to smash ehr face on the helpfile website thing AGAIN.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Radiune says, "I also cannot get the website's helpfile to work - it gets stuck on 'loading iframe'."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Because it assumes a person isn't trying their best to figure it out."

Kuzco claims, "Sergio's map is mostly eye candy and to see how things are in respect to others"

RoseQuartz states, "I still get oocly annoyed with the response is just a helpfile, but I normally remember whatever information I am requesting because of it, or I just remember the helpfile name. "

Radiune states, "It is a beautiful map - I did get confused using it to point out a domain though. Hehe."

Severine says, "Maybe some of the older players could volunteer to update those wiki pages"

Kuzco states, "Yah Sergio's great"

Satoshi states, "My ooc rfiend literally had to tell me that there WAS a geography helpfile, and then boom, I had the place very quickly."

Ikeala says, "I'd love to help with some of that if I could, well, Wiki side at least. I volunteer as tribute."

Galax says, "Usually IME, if I'm on visnet to ask something, it means I've already done the step of RTFM, and I try to assume good faith in that if someone's asking. Social engagement is already higher on the effort list than typing 'help whatever'"

Kinaed claims, "The wiki isn't an official source of material and is player maintained. I feel like we need a big warning there."

Kinaed states, "I've heard rumors that some very incorrect stuff about magic has been posted there, for example."

Raspberries nods.

Satoshi says, "Sure but it's on the official website"

Radiune claims, "My goodness, I just found the geography helpfiles. So helpful, heh."

Satoshi pontificates, "RIGHT?!"

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "Hence saying that I think the wiki needs a big red warning label."

RoseQuartz exclaims, "Magic will make your toes turn purple!"

Ikeala questions, "Is it that the info is incorrect or people interpret it incorrectly?"

Radiune says, "Toes will make your magic turn purple. It is known."

Severine says, "I think there is also potential for people to go to the Lithmore wiki, which is not accurate to TI-Legacy lore"

Kinaed states to Ikeala, "Flat out wrong in some cases, interpreted incorrectly in others."

Ikeala nods.

Kinaed states, "The result is misleading, regardless."

SomeoneLoveable nods.

Kinaed claims, "So, for the short term - the help files are true canon. Anything you find elsewhere is suspect."

Kuzco nods at Severine.

Ikeala claims, "Sometimes the Wiki is easier only so you aren't spamming your game screen."

Satoshi states, "But my main issues with helpfiles in general are usually small, really easy to fix things, IF someone took the time to talk it out with me. Most cases are confusion with the form, and unfamiliarity with the system, almost always from vague language or lack of examples."

Kitty says, "As for the helpfile references - TI has so, so many helpfiles. Reference to a helpfile isn't someone saying that you aren't trying. There are times I've searched everywhere for a specific helpfile and can't find it."

RoseQuartz declaims, "Help Sunlight!!!!"

RoseQuartz pontificates, "Help Outside!!!!"

Kitty says, "And then, once I finally find it... I'm good."

Kuzco says, "Help water"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

RoseQuartz declares, "Help Nedyra!"

Galax claims, "Help cuties"

Kinaed claims, "And times when even I, Implementor of the game, forgets how some detail works over 30-odd iterations, and need someone to point me to a help file."

Satoshi nods at kitty and claps his hands. "Yes! And I've actually turned to asking off game a lot because of rude answers that make me feel dumb for not understanding. It really turns me off from asking for help.

Kinaed claims, "Or just say 'damascus isn't a prestige item, Kinaed' :_"

Lissel is idle.

Kinaed grins.

RoseQuartz says, "The Water help fill needs to be inacts, or changed. There are drinking fountains scattered through out lithmore."

Raspberries says, "Hey, the help humor no helpfile is gone. :("

Lissel is no longer idle.

Lissel has returned from AFK.

Kinaed asks, "Wait, are people actually being rude on visnet?"

Ikeala claims, "Yes."

Kuzco says, "Just unhelpful at times"

Radiune states, "Apparently."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Yes."

Radiune states, "Well, no, people were talking about people being snippy."

Kitty states, "And if the helpfile doesn't help, and you need further assistance, ask. I don't think anyone minds that. But initial guidance toward the helpfile... heck. No one is trying to say you're dumb or aren't trying."

Radiune claims, "Which goes beyond being unhelpful."

Kuzco claims, "I make it a habit of targetting them for assassination"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if I see people being rude on visnet, people will have a problem with me."

Satoshi states, "Perhaps they don't intend to but it comes off that way."

Jennifer says, "I've not known anyone to be rude on visnet. that's just me personally though, so what do I know."

Wimpled states, "I had no idea referring people to help files was rude.  I'm a veteran and can't find help files all the time, if I can't find them, I ask, or if I have found one, in my question I reference I don't understand a helpfile."

Kinaed claims, "That's completely unacceptable, so if you don't want to help or can't, just don't answer."

Galax says, "I think brusque is the word I'd use, but maybe that's just a too gentle way of painting over 'rude' to others"

Raspberries nods in agreement with Wimpled.

SomeoneLoveable nods to Kinaed.

Ezio says, "Brusque indeed."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "(not targetting anyone in particular with that, but please - don't answer if you don't feel like helping)"

Kuzco states, "Yah pointing to a helpfile isn't rude"

Jennifer says, "No I mean if I've read it and am still confused, I'll just say that. yes, I read the help file, but I'm still confused."

Kuzco claims, "Sometimes it's the only helpful answer"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi claims, "Often I'm not asking to be shown To a helpfile, I'm often asking questions pertaining TO the helpfile. I'll type out whole things with specific reasons or confusions."

Severine states, "I think the issue a player might have with visnet, correct me if I'm wrong, is a question is asked and someone explains why it doesn't matter or talks about the question - but doesn't answer it.  which doesn't fulfill the original purpose of visnet, answering questions"

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Kitty says, "The helpfile is, honestly, the most complete answer."

Kinaed nods at Severine.

Azarial says, "Most often the isues i've noticed were syntax, and that is covered in the helpfile if the command does not print it itself, which should be drawing from the helpfile"

Satoshi states, "If I'm asking 'hey i need help with X' a helpfile is a wonderful response. If i'm asking 'so im having difficulty with X, does Y do Z or does Y do A' a helpfule doesn't help"

Jennifer says, "Yes Kitty, but sometimes, it confuses people, like me. Hence asking questions on visnet. I don't know, I've known that to happen to me personally."

Wimpled says, "Severine, I assumed that was it - but then there was about two pages of texts about not giving helpfiles."

SomeoneLoveable states, "What satoshi is saying though is that sometimes he or someone else may need a little more explanation or a bit of a walkthrough, and just telling them read the helpfile is not helping."

Kinaed states, "I might write a reminder post to players about being polite on visnet and making sure if they're speaking that they answer the question instead of dismiss it."

Radiune claims, "Yeah, sometimes it helps to have a sentence elaborating on why you linked a helpfile - your own commentary, information on how commands interract, etc."

Satoshi says, "And yes, definitely, sometimes the helpfiles confuse me more with their language. I'm used to FAR more absolute helpfiles."

Radiune claims, "Interact*."

Ikeala claims, "If there's common questions people keep asking in regards to certain helpfiles, those might be suggestions about how the helpfile could be changed to be more user friendly."

Wimpled claims, "I'm not saying that help files can't be confusing - I literally just that they can be.  But it creates a place for the conversation to start."

Wimpled says, "I'll just keep visnet off."

Satoshi says, "Those are what I'm keepin track of oocly Ikeala"

Severine says, "Some people just really don't know or are new to MUDs, so its good to keep that in mind too"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "I don't think I can solve everything you've raised just now... and I have to move on because we're over time. Please touch base with me directly if this meeting hasn't satisfied your concerns. Also, please do drop any additional feedback to the Personal Board at any time so we can analyze and resolve problems."

Kinaed says to SomeoneLoveable, "I'd like to move to your topic now. :)"

Satoshi says, "Everything I've struggle with, I'm writing down. Also yeah, I'm not asking for a solution, this is just to bring it to your attention."

Kinaed muses to SomeoneLoveable, "Care to raise it?"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Thank you for that :)"

Galax says, "I will say, to be clear here - I don't think most people intend to be mean when they just drop the helpfile, but it can feel a little unintentionally dismissive and maybe just nudge to keep it in mind? Okay I'll shush."

SomeoneLoveable states, "So I was just wondering if coamjar is considered a spice in the cooking crafts because it's stated its used in tubori cooking but i didn't see it listed anywhere but I miss things easy too. "

Kinaed nods at galax.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Also I can punctuate I swear, I just was typing fast to keep up."

Ikeala says, "Coamjar isn't regular sugar."

Kuzco claims, "I've never tried to embellish with coamjar"

Kinaed says, "It's used in some cooking craft recipes."

Azarial claims, "'regular' sugar is actually a rare item, on a side note, making it irregular."

Raspberries states, "Coamjar is unrefined sugar according to some helpfiles. But it's not clear on why you're not able to refine it."

Kinaed chuckles.

RoseQuartz embellishes all food with temijul. 

Kuzco states, "Kin, cook -search coamjar returns no results"

Azarial says, "'help sugar' in that regard."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Right, but I'm wondering if I can use it in say a bread recipe where it says any spice for say, sweet bread as compared to rustic."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "You can with crafting recipes"

Ikeala claims, "There was a forum post asking about refining sugar."

Raspberries states to Kinaed, "Not from coamjar."

Ikeala says, "No the weird thing is with the cooking recipe you don't -refine- sugar you put already refined sugar back into a lump."

Kinaed claims, "It just doesn't become regular sugar. It becomes whatever the recipe was. I will ask staff if we see converting coamjar to refined sugar as worthwhile, but craft setup is owned by Niamh and Temi, depending on the craft, so I can't speak well to the topic in that regard."

Raspberries nods.

Cheeky says, "I believe it's a balancing issue, keeping certain things more expensive and rare to support their placement as... well, something rare, and expensive."

Raspberries nods.

SomeoneLoveable wonders, "Okay I can maybe bump my question to those two?"

Ikeala states, "There's a forum post in the Ideas forum about it."

Wimpled claims, "If it is used in cooking, it should probably impart affects from eating the food."

Azarial says, "And it reflects the technology of the setting."

Cheeky claims, "Like how silkworms aren't a herd creature you can tend and harvest to make less expensive silk."

Azarial states, "Checking the helpfile, there are at least five recipes claimed to use it.  it may be more potions than cooking, and one of them is for smoking."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Right, but coamjar is sugarcane isn't it? I mean it's used for other things but with it being in the Tubori help food, I was asking for that reason."

Kinaed claims to SomeoneLoveable, "I think it's best to bump that one to Niamh - I think she's closer to the coamjar stuff, but I might be wrong and she may refer you to another staff member."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "Okie!"

Severine states, "Silkworms wouldnt survive in the cold regions of Lithmore, but I digress XD"

Azarial says, "Note that large scale suagrcane processing difficult, which is why it is expensive.  nevermind negotiating the seas form tubor."

Kinaed claims, "Coamjar isn't sugarcane like ours, it's a specific fantasy alternative."

Kuzco states, "Cocaine sugar"

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "I saw that when I looked it up on google!"

Raspberries states, "But it does say that sugar is made from it, and that it's a major export of Tubor."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Radiune says, "I needed to ask, is the technology of Lithmore around the late middle ages..? Like, do we have full plate armor/lamellar..? Damascus steel does seem like something that'd fit that time period as well."

Kuzco states, "Because tubori are drug lords really"

RoseQuartz is up way too far past his bedtime, and is facedesking. Can the person I was rp;ing with be transd out of the place they are, if I log?

Azarial states, "That does not imply large amounts; that implies it is economically important."

Kinaed states, "We probably shouldn't call it 'sugar' but 'sweetener' instead"

Satoshi asks, "Yeah coamjar is a drug isn't it, lol? So ofc the tubori would use it in recipies"

Radiune states, "Moon sugar"

Ikeala claims, "Let the spice flow."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Right, I mostly didn't want to be getting people high on coamjar, but also wanted to use it in my character's job."

Kuzco states, "Yah late middle ages, though with differences"

Radiune coughs. "Skooma."

Kinaed states, "Technology is around Europe's 1200s."

Azarial says, "Honey would be a more suitable sweetener for most recipes."

Raspberries claims, "Sugar high."

Kinaed states, "HELP TECHNOLOGY *grin*"

Azarial says, "The 'help tubor climate' gives an indication as to why shipping to and from tubor is a bit of a trial."

SomeoneLoveable laughs at Raspberries with a nod.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'm sorry to say it, but our time really is up."

Kinaed claims, "I have some big things to do today myself."

Kuzco has wares, if you have coin.

Raspberries waves.

Satoshi declares, "Thank you for the time!"

Kuzco exclaims, "Quick reminder that we are throwing a party after this chat! It'll be something light and relaxed, so perhaps you can use it to meet new people or reconnect with old acquaintances!"

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Woo!"

Satoshi asks, "At the Columbina right?"

Radiune exclaims, "Wheee!"

Lissel asks, "Wheres the party at?"

Kuzco exclaims, "Yes!"

Kuzco says, "We'll send mass messengers"

Galax tries to think of a catchy reference but fails. Come party!

Kinaed declares, "Yes, please have fun and enjoy your week! Thank you, everyone, for attending the OOC Chat. Also, if you wouldn't mind asking your friends to try TI, we'd really love to have more people to play with and fill out the world. It'll be more fun for you too!"

Satoshi claims, "Ok Loveable u gotta release me from the prison of your house then, heh"

Lissel states, "Ooh kinky"

Satoshi claims, "You timed out and I panicked a little."

Kinaed waves happily to everyone.

Severine waves.

SomeoneLoveable says, "Hahahha"

• Information