Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-03-23

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Azarial states, "I'l turn on tells for the duration of the meeting, and we'll use the usual format."

Azarial claims, "It's been a slow week for me, and I've only managed to work out salvage to check and see if an item can be salavged, which at the moment is none of them.  it will check the crafting recipes to find what somethign would salvage into, and go from there."

Raspberries claims, "That'll be a nice addition."

Azarial wonders, "How has roleplay been this week?  Ahtyhing shitting anyone that I need to pass up to kin to have wiped?"

Starstarfish declaims, "Awesome!"

Kuzco claims, "Hmmm."

Azarial states, "Hopefully; it's just very tricky; crafting was designed to go i one direction, so trying to stuff something through it backwards is taking a bit"

Raspberries declares, "Been good! Lots of new cyans around, with lots of fun new stories"

Scotty says, "Roleplay has been lovely. I have dearly missed it and I am so excited to be back and make sweet sweet rp magic babies with you all."

Kuzco claims, "I can't think of anything bad, it's been an intense week."

Galax says, "I'd say it was pretty good. My schedule peaked in chaos due to finals, so thanks and sorry to anyone who's had to put up with that."

Kuzco wipes some blood off his cuff.

Starstarfish says, "I have something that I'd like to bring up as a topic."

Azarial states, "Topic noted"

Kirill states, "Slow week for me. I've been around if needed but not really engaged."

Azarial nods.

Azarial wonders, "Anyone else?"

Kuzco claims, "I'm writing a history of troubadour GLs! If anyone has publicly known stuff that isn't recorded in the IC events thread, or the old chars' helpfile, maybe toss me a pboard? Lots of GLs appear to have come from nowhere, or their date and reason of resignation are unknown."

Kuzco says, "And staff don't have them on record either (I've asked), so I rely on player memory."

Starstarfish claims, "This is the moment for those with a higher city lore to shine I'd imagine."

Kuzco says, "Or just veteran players! I have high city lore but Globe theatre lore entries are very few."

Azarial claims, "That would be a sideways trawl through the logs trying to find evidence of them in notes or the like.  not very effecient on my end.  =/"

Kuzco nods at Azarial: "Yeah, it's cool man, you have other priorities."

Scotty says, "A a few veteran players are trickling back in ;)"

Scotty states, "And a *"

Azarial says, "Gigabytes of text is not fun to dig through.  <_<"

Kuzco claims, "I hear the Facebook page is starting to hook people back in! I'm so happy."

Azarial has transferred Azeem.  [OOC]

Azarial gives a tunic-shaped cookie slathered in icing and dotted with sugar crystals to Azeem.

Raspberries says, "Grep is the best kind of magic"

Azarial claims, "Not on windows.  <_<"

Azeem states, "Nice, thank you."

Azarial states, "Welcome"

Azarial claims, "We're covering how RP has been this week, and about to jump into player topics"

Raspberries claims, "Nice that the social media stuff is bringing people in. Good job. :)"

Azarial nods.

Scotty exclaims, "Don't forget to vote! We are on 21! "

Kuzco pontificates, "Thanks! I have fun tossing random medieval articles and videos. Now I'm starting with player character profiles!"

Kuzco pontificates, "And yeah, vote or die!"

Scotty says, "For the Mudconnector thing"

Kuzco says, "*player character pictures"

Kitty states, "Player character pro.. oh, I was confused for a second."

Starstarfish claims, "I'm glad people liked my pic."

They aren't here.

Kuzco says, "The most liked post since I joined the FB admin team"

Raspberries states to Kuzco, "I saw an interesting about medieval cloaks and fashion the other day, will send you a link for it."

Kuzco exclaims, "Do so!"

Scotty says, "Oh! I have also been shooting out recommends often. You guys are great in so many ways, and I really want to know that on a general level, and specific level via the recommends. "

Azarial claims, "Sounds like that's wound down; starstarfish has a topic"

Starstarfish claims, "So ... I'm trying to figure out how to exactly bring this up but, over time I've had an experience where long-standing historical events or things that involve characters no longer active (or specifically known to have liquidated) or kind of automatically viewed as being inaccurate, lies, or having not occurred."

Kuzco muses, "Care to ellaborate a little bit?"

Starstarfish states, "Hmm, things that involve liquidated characters are ICly seen as 'convienent' to come up in RP. Which sometimes feels like the burden is placed on the surviving or remaining characters."

Azarial wonders, "Do you have an example?  I'm not quite sure I follow"

Kuzco muses, "People deny things that are known to have occured?"

Kuzco muses, "Like saying "the Great Flood is a vavardi fabrication"?"

Kuzco questions, "Flood denialism?"

Raspberries snorts.

Galax is idle.

Galax is no longer idle.
Galax has returned from AFK.

Azarial states, "Well, i can say oocly the city did flood.  icly, I don;t know if there were high water marks added to the buildings, or how the farin quarter sinking was annotated.  (at least I think it was the farin quarter; it;s beena  while)"

Scotty questions, "I thought there were city lore bits in the Town hall were people gathered? "

Raspberries says, "There's some lore and such in various places, yes. But I don't think that's what starstar's referring to"

Kirill trails off, "I think it's natural to dismiss characters that are no longer around to defend themselves. Not saying it feels great, but..."

Kitty says, "The thing is, as time goes on, 'events' are going to naturally be twisted. It happens in real world situations, too. In real history, in real people's lives once they move or pass away."

Kirill says, "They're not around to fight for their own history, and so it's on whomever's left behind to do it, if they want."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Azarial claims, "Or not believe someone talking about someone else when said third party is no longer around to say that yes that really did happen."

Kuzco says, "I don't follow what's the problem being brought forth."

Kuzco states, "If people deny historical facts, ridicule them."

Azarial says, "Writing books about your exploits couldn;t hurt, as those circulate long after your characters are gone, and can serve as the repository of history if you need to 'prove' something happened."

Azarial nods at Kuzco.

Kitty claims, "When things are passed via word of mouth, they will naturally be changed and altered with each person that retells them. It's the natural progression of things."

Kuzco claims, "Even better, start a rumor about it."

Azarial says, "And that, yes.  much like april fools day."

Scotty wonders, "Would it be too much to include a helpfile for like the major events in Lithmore. The Flood? The Mage Invasion? And the big things that everyone would have heard about, perhaps?"

Azarial says, "That sounds reaosnable, and could be suggested and/or written up."

Starstarfish says, "I'd argue some of that might help, yes. Also people submitting more things as lore entries."

Wimpled says, "The flood is already a helpfile."

Raspberries states, "We have help timeline"

Azarial states, "Quotes, lore, books, history files, and the like are all welcome"

Azarial claims, "Good rhymes for rats are sometimes added as well."

Kuzco says, "Yes, the IC evens thread"

Kuzco says, "Anticipates the mage invasion"

Kuzco claims, "... then completely skips mentioning it when it happened"

Kuzco says, "Then refers to it as a past event"

Azarial claims, "...huh."

Raspberries states, "Digressing, but I'd still like to have rhyme take custom emotes"

Kuzco says, "Yeah there are a lot of missing things. Suddenly a Laudate is fired, when he had never been mentioned before, ever, lol"

Wimpled claims, "They say rodents can't stomach a rhyme, or they'll expire in blood, mess and grime; I think it makes sense; bards' verse IS an offense.  Oft poems are a capital crime."

Elysaveta is idle.

Kirill has gone AFK.

Wimpled claims, "In-game rhyming kills rats.  OOC it makes people go idle and AFK."

Azarial states, "Not everyone provided a note for how and why they gained the post; some were simply promoted from within and it was assumed as part of the current events."

Wimpled says, "Good to know"

Azarial says, "During events I imagine it is the same way, especially if it is a more involved staff run project.  that tends to have all hands busy with the event and the notes slip by the wayside."

Raspberries questions, "I didn't get any note on why this was rejected by the way- too hard to do, Az? https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1539"

Azarial looks.

Elysaveta is no longer idle.

Elysaveta has returned from AFK.

Kitty flops down and munches on a tunic-shaped cookie slathered in icing and dotted with sugar crystals. 

Kitty eats a tunic-shaped cookie slathered in icing and dotted with sugar crystals.

Azarial claims, "Making sure they rhyme isn;t worth the computational load it would take"

Kuzco asks, "Alright, Star, do you want to say anything else?"

Raspberries "Well, it needn't check, if someone abuses give them heck.

Azeem says, "Just to chime in as a new player, the fact that you let rhymes blow up rats is pretty amazing. 5/5, optimistic af."

Azarial claims, "Anyways.  if notes are missing during an event, I'd say post a request to have one written so that there is a more robust record."

Azarial chuckles softly, one ear fluttering briefly.

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Azarial claims, "Rhyme also is not governed by combat rounds, so it can be hammered in a dire rat situation."

Scotty declares, "Lady von Eclen! Linnea! HA! "

Kitty pats Azeem. 

Kuzco declares, "Okay! I need to dip, remember, there's an event right after this chat!"

Kuzco begins to descend.

Kuzco leaves down.

Raspberries waves.

Scotty says, "I am glad someone told me about help timeline. "

Raspberries smiles.

Scotty says, "It makes me warm and fuzzy to have past alts mentioned."

Azarial says, "Sometimes spending quality time with 'help random' when it is slow is all you really need"

Azarial claims, "We are creeping up on 2500 helpfiles, after all."

Scotty trails off, "Az, it is easy to edit help timeline? Phiona is mentioned, but never named... "

Azarial states, "It doens;t look ascii, so it might not be too bad; post a typo for niamh?  she handles all of the fancy formatting for the helpfiles."

Scotty declaims, "Will do. Thanks!"

Raspberries states, "You can bring it up in a typoboard, but perhaps the name wouldn't have made history."

Azarial claims, "It could be parenthetically added for ooc searching of further notations for the history buffs, and it is a nice feeling to see past characters mentioned even if icly the name might not survive.  some mages might not be mentioned by name, and I am not at all sure what the actual name of the hillbeast was."

Scotty claims, "If that is true, I am fine with that, but I prefer it be from not having made history, than a lack of ooc knowledge. "

Raspberries nods.

Azarial claims, "History is created by the players, and if it is not passed up, it can be lost--we don;t snoop on RP to find the choice scenes that would make awesome books or quotes, little lore entries, or the like."

Azarial asks, "Any other topics anyone wishes to bring up?"

Starstarfish states, "I might argue part of it might be disappearing help character files too, though I know some of that might be for space."

Scotty asks, "Maybe someone can organize an ooc event, trying to pour as much thematic history into the game, books, lore entries, and the like? "

Azarial states, "Some of that is when someone reuses the name the old files are removed, even if that new use of the name never logs back in again."

Raspberries says, "You can petition to have help character files be added to the normal help database."

Raspberries declares, "Sounds like a job for a Troub, Scotty! "

Azarial claims, "It cna take a while, but older ones can be found on request."

Starstarfish nods.

Raspberries muses, "I just wanted to check, but how are you holding up OOCly in your current IC situation, Star? Any thoughts on the current state of Ahalin?"

Elysaveta has lost link.

Scotty states, "I have been meaning to dive into help visitors and try see if I can offer some rp"

Azarial nods at Scotty.

Elysaveta has reconnected.

Starstarfish states, "I mean, if that's a general question about suggestions on jail RP I have some."

Azarial states, "Jail automation only has the most basic parts as yet; the rest will be specced and added as required.  visiting to provide RP can only help"

Raspberries nods at Starstarfish.

Wimpled claims, "How much RP have you gotten in the past week is probably a decent place to start. "

Raspberries claims, "I think a system for monitored parole would be helpful"

Starstarfish says, "I managed eleven hours this week, of the thirty seven hours I was logged in. Which puts me higher than average but I'm also on/around a bit."

Raspberries says, "That's great :)"

Azarial says to Raspberries, "That might be a good topic for the forums to kick around the mechanics of"

Starstarfish states, "Something I had considered was like RL the ability to send/receive clearly monitored mail."

Raspberries nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "That could go on the forum as well so that emthods for how to monitor it would work could be discussed, as we'r about to the top of the hour."

Azarial questions, "So if no one else has any quick topics, I'll put everyone back for the imminent event?"

Kirill has returned from AFK.

Raspberries declares, "That's all from me!"

Azarial exclaims, "Thank you for attending this week's ooc meeting!"

• Information