Log of OOC Meeting - 2/23/19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:14 pm

BlueMoon throws her stuffed bobcat toy into the air.  Its floppy limbs flail about as it flies up and then down, back into her waiting hand.

Kitty chuckles, "Indeed...."

Kinaed has transferred Fletcher.  [OOC]

Fletcher wakes up and starts resting.

Elysaveta throws her stuffed bobcat toy into the air.  Its floppy limbs flail about as it flies up and then down, back into her waiting hand.

Kuzco gives a good shake of his bobcat toy, causing its limbs and head to flop back and forth furiously.

BlueMoon laughs.

Cheeky says, "Fletcher, did you end your OOC title with {x? I think your colors are bleeding."

Azarial gives a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail to Fletcher.

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed finishes her note.

Joske appears in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Kinaed smiles at Joske.

Azarial gives a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail to Joske.

Kinaed says, "Almost time to start."

Kitty balances a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail on her shoulder, then settles in for the chat.

Tasker screes

Kuzco declaims to Joske, "Oh welcome back!"

(visnet) Player Audun: What code do i use for this special room to talk.. is it ooc or emote please?

(visnet) Staff Joske: Normal emotes

(visnet) Player Audun: Thank you

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Or just 'say <message>'

(visnet) Player Audun: Noted

Kinaed says, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Kuzco states, "I can do it, if nobody else does."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kuzco states, "Yeah."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Got you."

Kinaed states, "If you register a topic, please pre-type it so that you're prepared to go when it's time to raise it. :)"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else?"

Tasker declaims, "Agk! yes"

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Cool, I've noted. If anyone else comes up with a topic as we go, please feel free to send me a tell."

Temi questions, "You get them their bobcats?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "Reminders:

- Please pre-write topics so you can introduce them quickly when called upon. 
   - These meetings are spammy. If staff appear ignore something, we just missed it in the scroll. Please send a tell.
 "

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, let's kick off Staff Updates!"

Elysaveta gives a good shake of her bobcat toy, causing its limbs and head to flop back and forth furiously.

Kinaed says, "Last week, I didn't do much of anything, but I hear I have 3ish policy things to look at today. Nothing else on my plate that I recall (someone remind me if you're waiting on something)."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me. Az, you're up. :)"

Azarial states, "I've finished up the prestige modifier for the seneschal race, along wiht the support shifts and housekeeping--none of which affected thge numbers at any stage.  assorted minor bugs, a few crashes, typos, and the like."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Just had a quick look at the change board, don't see anything that's not a subtle bug fix."

Kinaed states, "Thanks, Az :) Good work."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Kirill claims, "What was fixed with the prestige modifier? I might have suggestions to add with my other feedback."

Azarial says, "Math consistency in the noble projects, adding the new systems to affect prestige via other means."

Kinaed claims, "I don't think there's anything you don't know about there, Kirill."

Kinaed has transferred galax.  [OOC]

Azarial gives a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail to galax.

Temi says, "I had guests this last weekend and so accomplished practically nothing, but still have the turf wars on my plate.  I also got approval for a plan for moving storylines forward with the Queen and next Seneschal, and started talking to Kirill about scheduling the start of that"

Kirill states, "I meant for the Seneschal race. I have small concerns that the flat amount added per influence event could be abused by submitting lots of small events -- but happy to table that for later."

Kinaed claims, "Apparently we've added a new system, Bardic Celebrations."

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "Not related to any changes we've made, but happy to discuss it if you want to register that as a topic."

Temi claims, "I don't know if we told you guys, but our plan is to have some big storyline progress/decision making for each seneschal term."

BlueMoon wonders, "Bardic celebration?"

Kinaed states, "So, the new system, Bardic Celebrations, is in. It's what Az was working on, but it needs tested. I think the best thing to do is let the bards test it and let us know if anything is broken."

Elysaveta declares, "Sounds interesting!"

Temi says, "It's for bards to increase someone's prestige"

Cheeky grins.

Kinaed states to BlueMoon, "It's a command that allows Troubs with the 'op' patronym to give prestige to people."

Kirill declaims, "Neat!"

BlueMoon claims, "Oh cool."

Kitty muses, "Just increase, or also decrease?"

Kinaed claims, "Otherwise, it can wait for staff testing. If you're a noble, you may want to get a court bard for the benefits thereof."

Galax states, "Nifty."

Kinaed says, "Increase."

Kitty nods.

Fletcher wonders, "Will that affect how much IP (infulence points) they have etc?"

Kinaed states, "Nevermind, I've been informed you can also decrease."

Kinaed claims, "Wasn't part of the spec as I recall."

Kitty had a good question, after all!

Kuzco cracks his fingers with a grin.

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, about a ton of people just started talking to me at once, including people with IRL voices."

Cheeky queries, "Did they register their topics with you ahead of time?"

Kirill chuckles.

Kinaed states, "I wish, it's what I want for breakfast."

Kinaed asks, "Hmm, okay, where were we...?"

Kitty claims, "Waffle."

Galax declaims, "Egg! Egg! Egg!"

Fletcher asks, "Bacon?"

Elysaveta says, "Waffles are a good choice."

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "I think you were done with staff updates."

Kinaed says, "I'm not certain if we want bards to be able to decrease prestige, I'll add that to staff talking points. In the meantime, they can certainly increase it - it comes with rumors and IC events."

Kinaed wonders, "There was something else on the list of things I planned to put on staff tlaking points. Anyone know what it was?"

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Did you do your update yet?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi asks, "Want me to repeat?  It may have gotten lost in there"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Sorry. And thank you :)"

Temi says, "I had guests this last weekend and so accomplished practically nothing, but still have the turf wars on my plate.  I also got approval for a plan for moving storylines forward with the Queen and next Seneschal, and started talking to Kirill about scheduling the start of that"

Kinaed claims, "Nah, I can look back if necessary. It's mostly for everyone else's benefit. :)"

Temi nods.

Kinaed wonders to Joske, "Did you h ave an update?"

Joske claims, "So obviously my week, heck last month and a half, haven't been that productive, primarly due classes having started for myself. However most everything has normalized now, and as such I intend to start up the plot, A Sanguine Distraction, once more this week. That's it for myself."

Kirill declares to Temi, "I'll have a response about dates/times for events later tonight. Thanks for your patience!"

Kinaed cheers happily.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. :) Now moving on to Player Heartbeat. How was the game for you last week, folks? RP good?"

Kuzco says, "The campaign was intense and good."

Elysaveta nods.

Kuzco says, "Sorry everyone for how loud the farin boy mob was. I had his tongue removed for it."

Kinaed has transferred Pookstall.  [OOC]

Kinaed chuckles.

Kuzco states, "With that said I am a bit burnout after it. It was very taxing."

Kinaed comforts Kuzco.

Temi says, "That sort of thing can definitely be exhausting, but hopefully good exhausting"

Elysaveta claims, "But it was fun to complain about IC."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial gives a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail to Pookstall.

Kirill claims, "The mob in Crossroads was awesome, and I didn't think it was annoying at all."

Kuzco says, "It was tough on folks at the Queens because yell travels 2 rooms"

Fletcher states, "It was very good. I achieved several arcs with my character and although I missed the bulk of the Hunt my charcter was able to help out at the end. I thank everybody who roleplayed this week."

Kinaed has transferred Moonmoon.  [OOC]

Elysaveta states, "OOCly it was amusing to hear."

Kirill says, "Oh, I didn't realize it was codedly yelling and not just emote pretend yelling."

Kuzco states, "Yeah"

Kirill claims, "Lesson learned for next time."

Kitty states, "I loved the crossroads mob."

Kuzco states, "My bards performing at the Queens were a bit miffled, I'll change it to says next time"

Kinaed smiles.

Galax states, "I thought it was fun and funny, but if it were there any longer I think it might've become a bother"

Kinaed muses, "How about others? How was your week?"

Kuzco states, "I've started to make a more active use of the Facebook page. In there I post things of thematic relevance like medieval life articles, and also reminders of in game events to happen soon. If you are a troglodyte like me who still uses Facebook, please consider joining us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/213118822579170/"

Kuzco states, "Just wanted to throw that in there."

Pookstall states, "I wasn't really able to get into RP much, but hoping to today.  It sounds like it was exciting"

Kinaed beams and gives Kuzco two thumbs up.

Kinaed smiles at Pookstall.

Kinaed queries, "Anything shitting anyone that isn't a topic, but they want Staff to know about it?"

Kuzco says, "Hmmm."

Kirill says, "There's an event in a little under an hour tonight, also, for anyone looking for YET ANOTHER EXCUSE to be social this week."

Kinaed smiles at Kirill.

Kinaed says, "Thank you for letting us know."

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's move on to Player Topics."

Kinaed questions, "Kuzco, you've got our first. Please introduce us?"

"I spoke with Kin about some things I thought could be fixed for the next election. It's not necessary for me to list them here or go over them again." Kuzco nods, then continues: "What I forgot to tell her and I think we should consider is making bids list more useful. In particular, to know if someone is leading, to get a rough estimate of how much. A little? A lot? A hopeless lot? I think it's not unreasonable to get a good gauge of what is happening without having to resort to RPA." [Kuzco]

Kinaed states, "I'm making a note of it for staff talking points :)"

Kuzco states, "Okay =)"

Pookstall says, "A general adjective doesn't seem too crazy"

Kirill says, "The weirdness with the CURRENT LEADER thing did make it kind of uncertain for a while there."

Kuzco states, "Ya it was borked"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Sparkles states, "I do admit that the code that made it seems for several days that the race was tied inspired me to make a lot of RP choices I might not have otherwise."

Kuzco nods.

Kirill claims, "Yeah, I think that might have been the case for several people, myself included."

Temi states, "I do think we did have some ties temporarily, but the display wasn't right for it"

Galax muses, "Wait, was that all a bug or something..?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

They aren't here.

Kinaed states, "There was a bug where both players were listed as the current leader. It was PROBABLY due to a tie, but I wasn't around and only heard about it annecdotally. "

Kinaed says, "We obviously missed a case or didn't think of an edge case in how the system would write up a current leader."

Kuzco states, "At one point I couldn't bid for myself because the code considered me an alt of myself."

Kuzco laughs.

Moonmoon asks, "Is there a way to check records? Like, can you see on what day who was leading?"

Kinaed states, "BUT. The math under it was solid and didn't change. Staff see the numerical values, and there was nothing wrong there."

Kinaed says, "Just when the flag chose to show itself. :)"

Kinaed states to Moonmoon, "We recorded the last day, and we could look at it every day."

Sparkles says, "Also I've realized there might need to be a better system about getting/trading IP with people. As at the moment it can feel a bit like the old school Runescape market where you have to trust someone to do things codedly they've RP wise told you they would."

Moonmoon questions, "How do you mean? As in, asking for support but they don't do the support command?"

Kinaed perks her ears.

Kirill claims, "I don't mind that you don't know for certain whether someone does what they say they will."

Kinaed states, "I don't really see a problem with relying on people to do what they said they would, and if they don't, they've been duplicitous."

Moonmoon says, "I mean, yes, they could be lying to your face."

Temi states, "Yeah, I think that's a designed part of the system."

Kirill claims, "I imagine you could try and catch them in the lie with RPA."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Elysaveta nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Moonmoon questions, "But assuming you have a new (or newish) player and are asking for support, they might not even know how to do it either?"

Sparkles says, "I think the catch is because it's a partly OOC system there's confusion sometimes if it's an RP choice or if the person is confused or doesn't understand the commands. As none of the influence helpfiles actually say at the moment that improve IP is the way to do that. So you have to be someone who knows that."

Kinaed claims, "Maybe, but I think that'd get fixed fairly quickly. You can share help files, etc."

Kirill says, "There's an emote, and you can walk them through it if they seem uncertain."
   This emote requests support. Please see HELP SUPPORT.

Sparkles claims, "I submitted typos about that though."

Temi asks, "Protecting people from bad things removes the chance for RP-spurring complications.  I think this concern was about sharing influence rather than support itself?"

Moonmoon claims, "Ah, okay, well what Kirill says clears it up, I haven't been on the recieving end of a request"

Fletcher claims, "Thats where the 'assist' code comes in handy for teaching cyans the game."

Kinaed states, "Well, it is a definite design choice that people do not physically know who is supporting or subverting them, or putting IP to their cause or not. Rather, they have to rely on RP and results to compare and decide if it's happening."

Kirill says, "There's one for influence, too."
   This emote requests to pool Influence Points (IP) to Kirill. Please see HELP IP.

Kirill states, "Problem there is that there's two helpfiles for influence."

Sparkles nods at Kirill.

Kirill says, "One is HELP IP, the other is HELP INFLUENCE."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed says to Kirill, "I think that's on our typos list, but I'll make another note"

Kirill claims, "I believe I made a suggestion on the forums once to consolidate them, but it'd be a lot to pack into one helpfile prolly."

Kitty claims, "It took me quite a bit to figure out the support thing, and I still really don't understand influence very well, because I don't have a lot of, uhm... reason or means to dabble in it."

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kuzco says, "I was surprised during the campaign at how little many people understood influence"

Kinaed says, "Noted on the typo board to merge those two help files."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Fletcher claims, "Aslong as there is a suggested help link from one to the otherdown the bottom..in both help files , then all should be good."

Kinaed says, "I think people like to ignore it as a system for as long as they can, honestly."

BlueMoon is idle.

Galax says, "I use influence sometimes and I still don't entirely understand some things about it, like how it was calculated weekly and how that number seemed to change sometimes despite me not even getting or asking for support"

Kinaed claims, "It's non-standard for MUDs and some people don't enjoy the act of collecting social power in a numerical form."

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed states to galax, "I've added to make sure that the merged help file for IP addresses those items."

Kuzco states, "I think it's pretty cool and helps balance people who have more non coded influence due to being online more"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Cheeky claims, "Thank you for that question, I've been trying to draft a forum thread for demystifying IP."

Kinaed states, "I think it's cool too, but I'm probably pretty biased as the system designer :)"

Galax declares to Kinaed, "Thanks!"

Kinaed pontificates to Cheeky, "Thank you!"

Moonmoon claims, "A mud is still a game, you need some indication of how things are going, so having the points is nice, but I'm saying this as someone with exactly zero experience with the system."

Kinaed nods at Moonmoon.

Kinaed questions to Tasker, "I think it's about time when you can raise your topic. Would you introduce us please?"

Azarial gives a floppy stuffed bobcat toy with tiny fangs and a stub tail to Moonmoon.

Tasker declaims, "Hello! Bit of a gripe So, I've been made aware of a few instances of people just automatically assuming that any animal they see in the city is controlled by a Mage. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but I don't really like hearing it. If you see a bird flying around the city, doing regular birb stuff, remember that is just one bird out of the many that are likely there- it's a bit of a bad move to immediately point it out. It's fine if the animal tries to engage you somehow, or does something odd, but otherwise please just treat them as normal. If you see a bear flying through the sky or a wolf running through the city, some people might consider that odd, and that's ok to immediately point out. Just a public service announcement!"

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kuzco nods.

Sparkles questions, "Perhaps an answer to that might be to introduce some bird mobiles that are around the city otherwise? Like pigeons or seagulls?"

Moonmoon says, "I mean, it could be like the rat mobs that already exist."

Sparkles wonders, "So people are just more used to having them around normally?"

Kirill claims, "We can all RP getting pooped on by pigeons more."

Kirill nods.

Kinaed claims, "Well, I think we can add some mobs... but I agree with the premise that if people OOCly have things that let them know they're dealing with the mage, it's not the same as ICly knowing."

Kinaed claims, "And I think there's a duty for all of us to make this IC/OOC separation and keep it in mind at all times, otherwise people are metagaming, and that's not okay."

Moonmoon claims, "Metagaming is hard to catch, I'd imagine, even with the Cnote system."

Galax states, "It would be cool to see the occasional ambient city animal. Even hidden ones. It could also make RP surrounding animals feel less.. I'm not sure how to put it. Arbitrary? None of this excuses metagaming like being discussed by Tasker or Kinaed, mind."

Kirill claims, "I think if you have experience talking to ravens, because ravens have talked to you, then you might be a bit more wary seeing them around town and taking note. But I get the premise of what Tasker is saying and don't disagree."

Kinaed states, "That's across the board, not just with 'hey, there's an animal here, it's clearly a mage', but even down to a nondescript person in a room in a cloak being diagnosed as being Person X due to OOC factors. It's not on."

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "There's a difference between paranoid lithmorrans and 'I OOCly know this is only going to be a mage'"

Kuzco claims, "I make an effort to ignore animals in the city, even if they emote (so long as they emote normal things for said animal)"

Kinaed states to Moonmoon, "Metagaming is both hard to catch and sometimes ridiculously easy to catch."

Moonmoon claims, "But how do you separate that paranoia from the metagaming ooc aspect? It's hard to do so."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Thanks :) I appreciate the rolemodels in high places."

Kuzco blushes and makes a 'oh stop it' to Kinaed. 

Kinaed claims to Moonmoon, "As policy? I ask myself if it's reasonable, and if it's not, I tell the person so. We also have long standing standards about it, in things like 'a short desc is nto a positive match for a criminal' for example in help files."

Temi claims, "Well, one thing you can do as a player is making assumptions about things you know -aren't- mages."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "HELP TWINKING lists quite a few, but I'll add 'knowing an animal is a mage before it does something odd' to the list"

Moonmoon claims, "Someone make a doomsayer that sits in the crossroads claiming the flowers are caused by mages"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles says, "I feel like noticing something is unusual because it usually doesn't happen one solution is making it more usual. As the reaction might just be 'this is unsual'"

Kinaed says, "If nothing else, I think people magically knowing things ought to be suspicious as possible signs of their magery IC"

Cheeky states, "While I don't think this is what is actually happening, I'd like to suggest that being spooked over possibly innocuous creatures and situations feels pretty thematic to me."

Galax states, "As a general thing, I think it's good to practice some IC uncertainty, even if your character would recognize something. For instance, we've discussed e.g. Facade a few times in the past. Even if someone knows what Facade is or even uses it, it wouldn't guarantee that they know if someone is using Facade, is my understanding. This sounds like a similar case."

Cheeky says, "It's hard to play the level of 'ignorant' superstition that the game supports."

Moonmoon muses, "Facade?"

Cheeky says, "But the help files do suggest that everything from bad weather to ingrown hairs can be blamed on mages."

Kinaed states, "Paranoia is, but as policy, if it feels like an IC/OOC crossover or metagaming to me, I'll probably treat it that way."

Cheeky nods.

Kirill trails off, "We don't have a lot of wild bird mobiles that aren't ravens, owls, falcons, etc. Well, there's turkeys and the occasional duck, but..."

Sparkles claims, "Yeah, that's why I suggestions some pigeons."

Moonmoon wonders, "But that's the penultimate issue with metagaming, the more ooc knowledge you have, the more you ICly have to actively work against that knowledge for the purposes of fairness, even if it doesn't make 100 percent thematic sense?"

Kuzco states, "That's why I don't have alts."

Kinaed nods at Moonmoon.

Kinaed says, "Fair enough"

Kirill claims, "I kind of like the pigeons idea."

Kinaed states, "I've made a note to add some more wandering mobs in the city to obfuscate mages"

Temi nods.

Sparkles nods.

Cheeky questions, "Maybe a good compromise is to steer ICly made assumptions toward things that create RP instead of curbing it?"

Kirill declares, "Huzzah!"

Moonmoon wonders, "Maybe mages can submit ideas for animals? I'm not sure how it works, I just learend today that mages *can* control animals, but doing so would allow theirs to blend in more?"

Temi claims, "More foils make things easier for people."

Temi nods at Cheeky.

Sparkles states, "More ways for people to RP things not being weird I think helps"

Kinaed claims, "It doesn't strike me as particularly hard. Anyway, I've made a few notes - updating help twinking, we've reminded people not to metagame, we'll look at adding mroe animals to the city, such as pigeons and more rats, etc."

Kinaed says, "Next topic is an anonymous one I got in a tell. A moment. :)"

Kinaed claims, "From Anonymous: I'd like to bring up the idea that QP purchased silver gets added in to your inventory and not directly into your bank account. QP is the way around Exile and thus IMHO it makes sense that using QP for silver would also be an option around a Blacklist."

Kirill states, "Maybe the number of pests could be tied to a metric or something."

Kuzco claims, "I don't see a problem with that."

Cheeky queries, "I don't have a problem with QP silver or asset silver going to your inventory instead of the bank. Maybe a toggle option?"

Cheeky says, "Asset redeem 1 silver inv/bank"

Kinaed claims, "Doesn't bug me, but I doubt I'd make it a toggle."

Kitty says, "I... actually find it odd that QP is purchased with silver, but maybe it's because I don't understand it, fully? Silver is IC, but QP can be used for like... imm favors, and such, which isn't really... I don't know. That's all very strange to me."

Kinaed states, "I probably would only allow it for QP, and just put QP redemption directly in the inv"

Kirill states, "There might be some issues with getting around fines though."

Temi claims, "Qp silver to inventory seems fine.  If it was assets, we'd want auto-payments at least to still go to banks"

Kirill states, "Assets probably shouldn't get around fines."

Kinaed states to Kitty, "You can't purchase QP with silver, but you can purchase silver with QP."

Cheeky says, "Sure, I can accept those arguments."
Kirill nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cheeky states, "Maybe just when lawfulness is low."

Cheeky grins.

Kinaed muses to Kirill, "Can you explain what you mean about issues getting around fines?"

Joske starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kitty trails off, "To kinead Ahhh...."

Kirill claims, "I don't think I need to get into it."

Joske finishes his note.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, I can move on... except we're out of topics :)"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have anything else?"

Fletcher claims, "I have a topic"

Cheeky says, "I have a general player poll type of question."

Kinaed states to fletcher, "Sure, please raise your topic. :)"

Fletcher wonders, "When 'washing' (aka using the 'wash' code) the system doesn't display the NDECENT] code. Is this a bug or an oversight?"

Kinaed claims to Cheeky, "Please pre-type your topic while Fletcher is going."

Kinaed claims, "Probably a bit of both."

Kuzco claims, "You don't codedly get naked"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Azarial states, "Tryng to mkae sure all of the colothes go back on on the right order was not worth spending time on"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Sparkles claims, "I've always wished there was a way to allow edit those echoes on items."

Kuzco muses, "Maybe just flag a person as Indecent with an override, without touching the clothes?"

Sparkles states, "So like a basin could be washing your hands and stuff."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Moonmoon muses, "Well it might not codedly show you as indecent, but if someoenw alks in on you washing, you still get the room echoes that someone is washing, yes?"

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed claims, "I think it's clearly a bit off, but I also think it's low priority in terms of what we have on our plates to fix."

Temi nods.

Azarial claims, "It;s fairly old, as well"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi claims, "Not ideal, but probably low priority from my view."

Kinaed says to fletcher, "Thank you for bringing it to our awareness, though. :)"

Fletcher says, "Then that is fine if others are made aware that one is washing.. I can RP the rest. Thank you."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at fletcher.

Temi states, "Probably makes people happier than making people remove all their clothes to wash"

Kirill states, "Washing is threaded, so if they're in the room with you, they'll know."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles states, "Flashing those ankles, the scandal."

Kinaed asks of Cheeky, "Okay, your topic? :)"

Cheeky states, "It seems to me that PCs don't eat or drink as much at public events as they did in times past and I was wondering why. If it's just a culture shift, or IC paranoia, something else? One of my favorite things about public events used to be taking home leftovers, especially since it was usually fare richer than I was buying or making myself."

Galax claims, "If I see even a fingertip I'm outta there"

Kuzco says, "Oh God that is so annoying"

Kuzco states, "I bust my ass cooking and all people eat for an entire evening are one sausage for 10 PCs, and half a sip of tea"

Kinaed asks, "What is annoying? People eating or not eating?"

Elysaveta says, "I have had events where I end up with a ton of leftover food because no one eats anything."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Cheeky claims, "Just an idle curiosity really, but as someone who tries to run events, I think I chronically over-prepare foods, and always feel a bit bad for anyone I've hired to make things if nobody's trying their tasty @tastes."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Kuzco claims, "I -always- try to eat 3 or 4 dishes"

Kuzco claims, "I mean I play a big guy, I have nutritional needs and I like to appreciate the string work of cooks"

Kinaed muses, "Maybe people don't want to spam the room with messages about eating?"

Kirill claims, "Depends on the character I'm playing at the time, personally. As a stuffy nob, I don't get into dirty finger foods or juggling plates. As a freeman, I tend to stuff my face and pockets."

Kitty states, "I am really bad about FORGETTING to codely eat. I'll end up with it still in my inventory later."

Pookstall states, "For myself, I don't really feel like it's changed, and I try to eat some, but if it's not the point of the event, I don't want to spam people eating"

Cheeky nods.

BlueMoon has left the game.

Galax states, "I always try to have at least one food and one drink and take some home if people offer. That said, it *can* be easy to forget to codedly eat"

Elysaveta says, "Have those servants fill their pockets."

Sparkles states, "You can eat more than one bite at a time to reduce spam."

Elysaveta nods.

Kirill states, "They do."

Pookstall claims, "I never need to eat for the mvs etc of it."

Sparkles states, "Or just take it and junk it later and RP it, it does give people warm fuzzies though to see stuff being enjoyed."

Kuzco says, "Yeah I make my mobs eat too"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Fletcher says, "I find  no problem with people eating as much as they want since the lefttovers can go to the almshouse and then ... some intrepid character may take them to the south side almshouse... nothing seems to go to waste on TI ... at the worst it can be junked in the trash."

Kinaed nods at fletcher.

Sparkles says, "Honestly part of that might be more cooked food rotting, TBH."

Kuzco says, "Nah Flet, the problem is that people don't eat at events"

Kinaed says, "Is this enough of a reminder to change culture? Please do consider, folks, that often the food at an event is hand-crafted for people's delight, so if no one is partaking, it can make a creator sad."

Moonmoon claims, "I haven't been around very often for the past 2-3 weeks due to life but when I was at events I noticed plenty of drinking and eating, I thought."

Cheeky claims, "I appreciate the feedback, everyone, thank you. :)"

Kinaed asks, "Maybe a reminder from hosts at events to eat, or even RP being a bit distressed if no one is eating?"

Kinaed asks, "An actual IC cultural thing we can add to help file that not eating at an event where food is present is a bit of a faux pas towards the host?"

Kirill claims, "I prefer the IC nudge to the OOC emotional blackmail."

Kirill grins.

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Sparkles says, "I'll just cry more no one is drinking my wine."

Kinaed states, "I agree, that's a fair point."

Cheeky muses, "OOC emotional blackmail?"

Cheeky states, "If you took that from my question, that wasn't my intent at all."

Kinaed states to Cheeky, "Appealing to people because of the waste to creators who are putting in effort OOC"

Kitty is still likely to forget to codely eat, because she's a big goober.

Pookstall states, "It's always been the case though that people make more food than is needed for events"

Kinaed says to Cheeky, "It was something I said, Cheeky, not you."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kirill states, "I was bouncing off of Kinaed -- half-joking. I like the suggestion to do more about it IC."

Kinaed says, "But it's worth noting that we do have systems around eating and drinking (poisons for example) that are non-viable if there's no opportunity for them."

Kinaed states, "Seems to me like having an IC social custom around eating when food is presented out of courtesy opens those doors."

Cheeky claims, "As a lifelong hoarder, I admit I kind of like Sparkles' suggestion for cooked food having an expiration date."

Moonmoon claims, "What about poisoning your lips? If people aren't eating, hit them in the bedroom."

Cheeky says, "Maybe something across the board, 3 OOC months or something."

Kinaed says to Moonmoon, "I like that suggestion"

Kinaed says, "I'll make a note about possibly self-extracting food. I'd prefer that to randomly rotting things, etc"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. :)"

Kuzco queries, "Self-extracting?"

Fletcher muses, "I dont know hwo that is the case unless the rode in on a horse all fresh or crawled in at a pace of crawl.. the city metrics for infrustructure are terrible and eats ones movement up pretty quickly and eating and drinking restores that.. I prefer to eat until im rested or fresh and then leave the leftovers for others. This is why my charcter may not be eating at the events. Maybe i crawled or rode in fresh and don't need to eat. I suppose i could role play being a glutton?"

Kinaed states, "Thank you for your time (when it goes off, it disappears)"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco says, "Alright, remember to vote on vote pages, recommend each other, tip your bards"

Kinaed claims, "I'll see everyone next week. Thank you for attending! And please, don't forget to review us on TMC or Reddit to help bring new players to play with us. :)"

Kirill waves.

Kinaed waves.

• Information