Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Hawke
Discord Handle: Evhor

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the sound of silence as a 'no'. If anyone thinks of a topic, please send me a tell."

Kinaed states, "In the meantime, let's kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed states, "Last week I popped in to do a staff meeting right after the previous OOC Chat, and beyond that, I've been pretty busy at work."

Kinaed claims, "I think I came in once or twice beyond that, but it was mostly social. Still have the Jail Automation stuff on my desk, I think, but have passed on the other items to other staff."

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor. A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
A steaming hot kettle filled with hot chocolate lies here. (western edge)
A large barrel of dark ale is here. (center)
Kirill is here.
Kuzco is here.
Pookstall is here.
Nathaniel is here.
Tasker is here.
Miso is here.
Starstarfish is here.
[AFK] Azarial is here.
Niamh is here.
MrDowntempo is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

Kinaed claims, "As Azarial is AFK, I've promised to give their update also: [Azarial]: 'i've been working on the lore leaders thing for prestige, otherwise the random typos and crashes that are always floating around.'"

Kinaed states, "Oo, I forgot to mention the OOC Chat Pact - sorry! Let's do that now."

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed states, "I think that's all from myself and Az. Just quickly checking the changes board."

Kinaed says, "It looks like mostly minor bug fixes no one would notice unless something was working. Temi, you're next up. :)"

Kinaed trails off, "(wasn't working...)"

Temi states, "I have also been busy at work, and with some personal stuff, but I got all the plot fixes that Az did tested and confirmed and it should be working as intended now. My project today is getting that all documented in the helpfiles and the how-to guide."

Temi says, "Beyond that, still working on safety/security/turf wars spec, and hope to be back to that shortly."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thank you :)"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Starstarfish claims, "Awesome on the plot stuff."

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Kuzco declaims, "Yeah!"

Kinaed says to Niamh, "It's your turn. :)"

Evhor states, "Oh, yes, the plot stuff is great :)"

Niamh states, "Outside the realm of 'usual stuff' like requests, recommends (which I'm a full day or two behind on now... sorry!) and typos, I was pretty useless this week. Took the plunge and got rid of Windows, so it's been a lot of figuring out Ubuntu instead of TI stuff. I've got a swanky MUD client and my precious notepad++ back, though, so this week should be better for being not-useless."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "No worries. :) We all have weeks like that, and I hope learning Ubuntu goes fairly smoothly."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's all for Staff Updates. Joske has been very busy with IRL, sadly, but we hope to see him soon."

Kinaed muses, "Meanwhile, let's refocus from staff to players. Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week, folks?"

Tasker says, "I must say, things feel much more alive lately with all the things Kirill has been encouraging. It's awesome. "

Pookstall says, "Well, my time's been pretty limited too, but looking forwards to catching stuff today."

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Wow, that's a pretty ringing endorsement. Thank you so much for your efforts."

Evhor claims, "Well, I had a lot of rp...more than I could handle, actually! Sorry if I "forgot" about anyone, I'm trying to keep up. Besides a few weak spots, most of the RP I had however was truly intense and amazing."

Kinaed nods at Evhor.

Kirill pontificates, "Aw, thanks!"

Starstarfish states, "I've had some interesting scenes of late, appreciate some folks taking some risks for interesting RP."

Miso says, "Really good RP this week."

Kinaed says, "That's good to hear from players."

Kinaed questions, "Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Kuzco claims, "Rp has been intense"

Kuzco states, "No complaints."

MrDowntempo claims, "I feel like I've been missing out"

Kinaed muses, "I see the Seneschal Tenure period expires in 9 days. That will be a big, interesting shift. Have people been considering if they want to run for it?"

Temi states, "I saw one announcement already"

Kuzco declares, "Yep!"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Oh? Interesting."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed wonders, "Any nobles in the room?"

Pookstall claims, "Yep"

Kuzco looks at Kirill

Evhor says, "Yeah, "someone" has already inundated us with election leaflets"

Kinaed asks, "How does it feel playing nobles these days?"

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Evhor.

Kuzco dances happily

Kinaed muses, "Have we gotten better? Are there things we still need to be looking at?"

Starstarfish says, "I think I gave some of my feedback more privately."

Kinaed declaims to Starstarfish, "That's fine, sure. Thank you!"

Kuzco wonders, "About the election?"

Pookstall says, "It feels like there's more stuff going on for the nobs, even if I haven't been able to make most of it due to time"

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kirill says, "It's feeling a little more lively lately."

Kuzco asks, "What's the policy about alts and voting for Seneschals?"

Kirill asks, "Prestige doesn't seem to work yet, but I gather we're maybe waiting for monthly rollover before poking at it more?"

Niamh nods at Kirill.

Kuzco ohs and shuts up. Damn lag.

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Only one alt can vote. Physically, I think we blocked it, because it'd be crossover and also unfair if a person could get their chosen candidate just by spawning alts."

Niamh claims, "When he monthly rollover thing happens I'll be able to test the rest and see where we're not working. Right now the data hasn't had a chance to populate, so stuff that -may- be working looks like it isn't."

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled. [OOC]

Kuzco pontificates, "Alright!"

Niamh claims, "*The."

Kinaed has transferred GALAX. [OOC]

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
trees.

GALAX is here.
Wimpled is here.
Kirill is here.
Kuzco is here.
Pookstall is here.
Nathaniel is here.
Tasker is here.
Miso is here.
Starstarfish is here.
[AFK] Azarial is here.
Niamh is here.
MrDowntempo is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

Kirill nods.

GALAX exclaims, "Mwa-ha-ha! I've arrived!"

Niamh gives a windowed chapel with a keyhole visible beneath the gables to GALAX.

Kinaed claims, "We're currently talking about the upcoming bids as the Tenure for Seneschal runs out."

Niamh gives a windowed chapel with a keyhole visible beneath the gables to Wimpled.

Kinaed states, "In 9 days, the bid nominate period will begin, and I had asked if anyone's decided to tip their hand into the bidding process."

Kinaed states, "Following that, I asked if the 'noble experience' on TI has improved, and someone said it does seem like there's more to do."

Kuzco states, "Being a Seneschal seems kind of a nightmare, but also a tidal wave of rp"

Kinaed has transferred Viper. [OOC]

Niamh gives a windowed chapel with a keyhole visible beneath the gables to Viper.

Kinaed laughs.

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
trees.

Viper is here.
GALAX is here.
Wimpled is here.
Kirill is here.
Kuzco is here.
Pookstall is here.
Nathaniel is here.
Tasker is here.
Miso is here.
Starstarfish is here.
[AFK] Azarial is here.
Niamh is here.
MrDowntempo is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

GALAX states, "I will say I'm not so sure how the Seneschal bids work. The helpfile I can find mostly seems to relate to their role and powers"

Kinaed states, "That's a bit what project management or being the CEO of a company sounds like."

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Kirill says, "There will be an event after OOC chat. I'll send out a gamewide messenger as soon as I've had a chance to drop the banquet table and open a beer."

Niamh says to GALAX, "Sent you a helpfile with the bid-specific stuff."

Kinaed says, "In 9 days, players can say they want to bid for the role by typing 'bid nominate <their name>'. I can't recall if you can nominate other people."

GALAX declares, "Thanks, Niamh!"

Niamh declares, "NP!"

Kinaed says, "Once nominated, the player can withdraw at any time, or begin to try to get the most support and sway from the populace until the Queen chooses the 'most recommended' person."

Kuzco questions, "Do I have to type any command to sign up as a candidate?"

Kinaed says, "I think that period is about 10 days long."

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kirill claims, "The nominate command."

Temi claims, "But not until the bids open."

Kinaed says, "Bid nominate."

Kirill claims, "Once the bidding opens."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco asks, "Which one-- ah?"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

GALAX wonders, "So basically, people use bid nominate to sign up, and then players can spend IP to try and support or subvert their ranking in the list?"

Kinaed claims, "Throughout the ten days, anyone can type 'bid list' to see where the candidates sit in relation to one another."

Niamh nods at GALAX.

Kinaed claims, "People can use IP to enact "Influence Events" to either improve or trash other people's bid standings."

Kinaed states to GALAX, "Well, the main way to move up and down is actually by seeking direct support."

Kinaed claims, "But it's possible to nudge the outcomes with bid influence events."

GALAX claims, "Ahh, okay, okay."

GALAX says, "Thanks for the explanation! I think I get the gist, sorry for holding up the meet."

Kinaed states, "No worries at all. I love this period because it's a heavy, highly political RP time for us."

Kinaed claims, "Well, it looks good from the outside. Not sure how people enjoy it from the inside. I guess we'll see."

Kinaed questions, "Another question for Nobles - are there enough of you that it feels like the game is balanced, or do we need more nobles? Should we close applications now?"

Kinaed claims, "According to our statistics, we're sitting about 7percent less in nobles than we'd like."

Kinaed claims, "I guess the nobles present are AFK. Another time, perhaps."

Kirill wonders, "If there's no harm in leaving it open?"

MrDowntempo claims, "I'd like to apply sometime when I've got more time available to play a 2nd char"

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "None at all. I normally would just because of the statistics."

Pookstall says, "I don't know that I've been visible enough to get a good feel for it."

Kinaed nods at MrDowntempo.

GALAX states, "I feel like I don't bump into nobles often compared to say, last summer but it could just be my playtimes and recent area preferences"

Kinaed says, "I would encourage people to apply if they have any interest, especially with bids coming up as it's a grand time and noble support is worth more than the support of lesser classes, for example. So it's like an auto-in to RP."

Kinaed claims, "Or an additional in, if not automatic."

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Evhor states, "Eh, I considered it, but really wouldn't be able to manage another alt"

Starstarfish claims, "It's usually less about the number of nobles but how active they or are how involved they are in like 'noble type' RP"

Kinaed nods at Evhor.

Kinaed claims, "There is that. Our percent of nobles versus the general populace focuses on noble activity though"

Kinaed says, "Inactive nobles are discounted, and eventually removed from play."

Kinaed claims, "Of course, there's activity that we cannot easily detect."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Evhor states, "We shall hope. A man needs his privacy in the bathroom"

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Evhor.

Kuzco claims, "Privacy is for mages"

Tasker says, "WHAT"

Starstarfish says, "Prestige arguably could be used there at some point."

Kinaed queries, "I guess I don't have anything obvious to discuss for the moment. If everyone wants, we can end early. Or I can glance at Staff Talking Points and see if there's anything appropriate to discuss with players. Or we can talk about something else. The merits of ice cream versus cake?"

Kinaed questions to Starstarfish, "What do you suggest? Or can you give an example of the type of thing you mean?"

Niamh muses to Kinaed, "How about the merits of ice cream and cake versus dry, unappealing things without wheat in them?"

Kinaed sinks into thought.

Niamh states to Kinaed, "I have a pretty awesome idea saved that Starfish came up with on how to integrate Prestige into other systems. Need to get it formatted and posted."

GALAX claims, "Umm... I have sort of a question, for the community in general."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "May as well get started drafting that now."

Kinaed queries to GALAX, "Of course! What's on your mind?"

Starstarfish claims, "I think I mentioned some of that to Kinaed directly myself at one point."

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "I think I saved anything you mentioned on Staff Talking points."

Nathaniel has lost link.

GALAX wonders, "Basically, I have a bad eye for this sort of thing, but regarding general population distribution, how are people feeling? Besides the applications, are there any types of roles that people would really like to see more of, for the feel of the game?"

Kinaed types 'census' and has a peek.

Tasker says, "I always think there are never enough clergy or Inquisitors."

say First thing that jumps in mind to me is Priests.

Evhor states, "First thing that jumps in mind to me is Priests."

Tasker highfives Evhor

Kinaed states, "As usual, we're low on Hillmen and Charali, though I don't think we "need" them, and asking people to play the barbarian races seems a bit unfair. We're also missing in genuinely elderly characters and characters of non-Davite religions."

Kuzco says, "Reeves, knights, priests, thieves, merchants =("

Kinaed states, "Interestingly enough, we have two ACTIVE priests"

Niamh starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Niamh finishes her note.

Kinaed states, "There are 9 members of the Holy Order, and 100 percent of them are active."

Kuzco claims, "Also prostitutes, old people"

Kuzco claims, "We always need more of both"

Kuzco nods.

MrDowntempo says, "Kill 2 birds with one stone"

Niamh grins.

Niamh states, "So gross."

Kuzco claims, "Hahaha"

Wimpled questions, "Old Hillman prostitute that's a heretic?"

Niamh states, "Ewwww"

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "Hmm. Pretty much."

Starstarfish claims, "I refrain from comment."

say So the game needs MILFs. Makes sense.

Evhor claims, "So the game needs MILFs. Makes sense."

Kirill says, "Cult of Transcendent Ecstasy member."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kuzco states, "We have a few cultists, who are usually 0 or 1"

MrDowntempo takes notes furiously for next character

Tasker says, "Dont u dare"

Kinaed says, "The thing is, some roles are more core to the game than others. We have very few Charali, but the game doesn't suffer hugely for not having Charali."

Wimpled claims, "Nice to know we're appreciated. "

Kirill chuckles.

Pookstall claims, "I think it's better when it's one Charali now and again as a change of pace, rather than just something you expect."

Kinaed claims, "Most of the guilds are looking good now, though I think we could do well with a few more active thieves."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kirill claims, "If there's nothing else on the docket, I think I'll take a trans out so I can finish setting up for the event happening shortly."

Wimpled claims, "For active Charali, it's kid of nice to have other Charali. I'd imagine similar for Hillmen. It enhances our play, even if it doesn't impact the larger player base. "

Wimpled states, "Kid = kind"

Kirill has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Wimpled

Niamh trails off, "We need a Charali-only game where the narrative arc revolves around invading and destroying the whiter man..."

Kinaed muses, "Fair enough. I think the guild lists are looking pretty healthy at the moment. Does the game feel full for people?"

MrDowntempo says, "Can ALWAYS use more players"

Kinaed nods at MrDowntempo.

Kuzco claims, "I don't see many merchants lately but maybe that's just me."

Kuzco claims, "I do think a recruitment drive outside could be handy"

say Right now we're pretty balanced, I think

Evhor claims, "Right now we're pretty balanced, I think"

GALAX queries, "So statistically, every guild except the thieves are fairly active, the sample of players that attends OOC right now seems to feel there's not enough interaction with the 'religious' side of the game (order, cultists...), and Kuzco wants more sex workers?"

Kinaed muses, "Fair enough. Any ideas on how to get them that we're not already doing? (That require minimal expenditure of money)?"

Starstarfish laughs.

Kuzco says, "Facebook included"

Kinaed muses to Niamh, "Were you able to put together a few adverts for us for TMC and Reddit, btw?"

Niamh says, "Nope. Totally useless this week. :/"

Kuzco claims, "I always recommend google and facebook ads, but using the facebook page more works too"

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "I'll be honest, I apparently suck at recruitment drives."

Kinaed claims, "I don't have the first idea of how to go about them."

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "U recruited my heart"

Kinaed queries to Kuzco, "How did we do that? *blink*"

think Note to players: Kuzco carefully avoided commenting on how much he would love to see more prostitutes around. Bad boy!
Evhor thinks to himself, "Note to players: Kuzco carefully avoided commenting on how much he would love to see more prostitutes around. Bad boy!"

Niamh states, "For MUDs, the most potent recruitment drive there is is word of mouth. "

MrDowntempo states, "Considering muds can run on the most potato of potatos, and don't even require broadband, can be played from mobile phones etc... I'd think there'd be a resurgance in popularity. But I guess not. I hope some people from the reddit thing stuck around"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed has transferred Cheeky. [OOC]

Cheeky slows to a halt.

l
A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
trees.

Cheeky is here.
Viper is here.
GALAX is here.
Wimpled is here.
Kuzco is here.
Pookstall is here.
[Linkless] Nathaniel is here.
Tasker is here.
Miso is here.
Starstarfish is here.
[AFK] Azarial is here.
Niamh is here.
MrDowntempo is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

Niamh gives a windowed chapel with a keyhole visible beneath the gables to Cheeky.

Kinaed says to Cheeky, "We're discussing running a recruitment drive and how the heck to actually do it, since I don't know how."

Kuzco asks of Kinaed, "Are paid ads a no-no?"

GALAX states, "In general, the hard part is that it's difficult to 'market' or recruit at people in most MUD communities I know of, because plugging your own thing seems frowned upon."

Niamh states, "We can post places, but for the most part the people who look at MUD-centric sites are already involved in MUDs. They have a home game. Dragging them off it is going to require a buddy saying "Hey, come try TI." So on."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "For me at the moment, yes. I can't afford anything; I'm working for a video game company, which pays shit (even though it's fun as all get out)."

Kuzco states, "It's a competitive small market"

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "I think the problem is that MUDs aren't very plug and play."

MrDowntempo questions, "Maybe instead of advertising it as a MUD, a niche term... focus on it being an 'online game' with high quality table-top style roleplay?"

Kuzco pontificates, "I would like to post at the facebook page some day, and promote it. But the things I post are... not very popular!"

Niamh nods at MrDowntempo.

Kinaed states, "People are used to downloading a game and just being able to play. We need them to go here, install a client, login, etc."

MrDowntempo nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Mud Portal helps with that, but hasn't eliminated it because it's weird looking like being redirected a few times... off an advertisement, so few people trust that."

Niamh states, "We could throw together a MUSHclient package that comes with a TI world already in place. So you'd just install the client and click 'open world.'"

Kuzco pontificates, "And then when they are sold on Dav, and mages, and stuff, we drop the bomb that it's a text game! =D"

Kuzco nods at Niamh.

Tasker states, "I'll start work on the live action advert"

Kinaed states, "I think if we had our own integrated mud client and linked people directly to "Play Now", we could use paid advertising more effectively."

Viper is idle.

say Uh...create an app?

Evhor wonders, "Uh...create an app?"

GALAX says, "Part of me wonders if a web client would help if we don't have one. But that'd be dependent on people actually hitting the page"

Kinaed claims, "Otherwise, it's too impersonal to convert."

Niamh says, "Could even come with some of the more subtle but very handy plugins pre-installed, like copy with color."

Kinaed states to Evhor, "You are overestimating my personal ability."

Kuzco claims to Niamh, "Definitely a good idea. Like a portable app"

Kuzco claims, "One single executable, play from your usb"

Niamh nods at Kuzco.

Niamh states, "Exactly."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

GALAX states, "It'd also be a big slice of development time to implement, if I'm understanding"

Kinaed states to Niamh, "Well, I'd pay for that."

Kinaed trails off, "Also, knowing that such a solution, while optimal because it will allow us to utilize impersonal, paid advertising to better success, is some time off..."

Kinaed asks, "In the meantime, how do you guys feel about asking your friends to come try out the game?"

Kinaed muses, "Is that well already dry?"

Niamh states, "Recruit MUSHers. They like RP."

Niamh grins.

Kuzco says, "I do it all the time, have recruited some peeps"

Kuzco claims, "But there is an upper likit"

Kinaed declaims to Kuzco, "Thank you!"

Kuzco claims, "Limit"

say I would, but very few of the gamers I know speak a good enough English

Evhor claims, "I would, but very few of the gamers I know speak a good enough English"

Kinaed wonders, "Likit?"

Kinaed claims, "Oh."

GALAX states, "I mumble about the game to friends sometime, but it's a hard sell on the demographic I swing with out of game."

Niamh likits Kinaed..

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Kuzco asks, "They ask: Does it need a Geforce GTX 9000?"

Kuzco states, "I say: No, it's well optimised"

Kinaed says, "I'll be honest - I own the game and have been on TI for about 15 years now. I've successfully gotten perhaps 4 people to try it."

Kinaed rofls.

Temi grins.

Niamh says, "I've had the most success with people who already play RP text games, just not THIS one."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed states, "Me too."

Starstarfish trails off, "A lot of my friends outside of game are my co-workers and ... well ... "

Kinaed claims, "We have 10 minutes left. In the meantime, I'll work with Niamh to see what we can do in a technology improvement space to streamline conversions of paid advertisement. I can figure a way to put a bit of money up to see how it goes."

Niamh states, "Just er, if anybody does go that route, and I imagine it goes without saying... but be careful about following the recruitment policies of other games. It would stink for TI to get a rep as playerbase predatory."

GALAX says, "Yeah, it's bad enough watching the other RP MUDs go tooth and nail at each other on reddit.."

Kinaed claims, "Meanwhile, if you have friends who haven't tried it yet, please ask them to try it. Be willing to sit down beside them or over their shoulder, and they'll probably be willing to give it a shot."

Niamh claims, "One of my other main MUDs disallows even mentioning that other games exist. It's weird, but that's the rules."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kuzco claims, "Yep"

Kinaed says, "Honestly, I don't see it as predatory. I mean, either you're good enough to retain people or you're not."

Kuzco claims, "I've seen that"

Kinaed states, "But yes, do follow other people's rules."

Niamh claims, "You know... most MUSHes have an Advertisements board where you can put up an ad for your game."

Kinaed trails off, "There's a big ... stigma about MUDs with the MUSH community"

Kuzco says, "How about stating DDoS attacks on other medieval fantasy"

Kuzco states, "How about stating DDoS attacks on other medieval fantasy muds"

Niamh says, "They're typically an exchange - you post one on theirs, they have an ad you can copypaste into yours. Doesn't typically feature MUDs, but it's a thought."

Kuzco states, "Staging. God."

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Ha. No."

Cheeky claims, "How active are we on our pages? It seems like we've gotten a trickle of players anytime we advertise off game about noble slots being open or a Big Deal going on in the game world."

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "I'm happy enough to do that."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Cheeky states, "I don't think there is enough staff to support it but some sort of dedicated PR blogger sort may help."

Niamh states, "I'll do some exploring. Been doing that anyway for peripheral reasons. It'll work out kinda well."

Nathaniel is idle.

Kinaed says to Cheeky, "Not hugely active for the moment, but I did (unfairly, I'm always hitting Niamh up to do everything) ask Niamh to draft an advert for Reddit and TMC for the upcoming bids."

Niamh states, "I would be pretty thrilled to make the main site's blog entry less of a 'main page static ad' and more of a development blog."

Niamh asks, "But I don't know if that gels?"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed states, "I'm fine with it. I can make it a task right after OOC Chat every Sunday to make a post."

Kinaed claims, "Just remind me."

Niamh states, "Would be crazy easy to populate. I could talk for like a solid page about any one of the things on the changes board."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Cheeky says, "As a player who has found it hard at times (mostly my own fault) to get involved with meaty stories here, I know the closest I get to being hooked into some other game is seeing proof of forward progress and excitement."

Kinaed states to Niamh, "Sure, diarize it. :) You have more time than I do. :/"

Niamh says to Cheeky, "Activity breeds activity, definitely."

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

GALAX claims, "Spicy stuff going down definitely kindles excitement for the game, I feel. Hopefully the upcoming bids help with that"

Kinaed states, "Thank you for the ideas, everyone. We'd appreciate it if you could ask your friends to join us, and if you do and they sit down, write me a Request Board and I'll give you some QP."

Niamh trails off, "I'll even put up a super tacky "Countdown to Seneschal Bids"..."

Niamh grins.

Kinaed claims, "In the meantime, Niamh and I will look at creating a developers blog."

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Let's do it."

Niamh fistbumps Kinaed.

Temi says, "Unfortunately, most of the cool stuff I would love to tell people about is cool because it's pretty secret."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "And we'll look into MUSH Advertising exchange."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cheeky states, "I think that's a really valid point that ought to be explored."

Wimpled has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Cheeky questions, "Is TI:L's appeal strongly connected to what you CAN'T find on the surface?"

Kinaed muses, "Secret stuff?"

Temi claims, "I think a lot of the best stuff is."

Niamh says, "It was for me. That and the dresses."

Temi nods at Cheeky.

Niamh asks, "50/50?"

Kinaed states, "I think so. A lot of new players log in and go 'it's nothing but tavern RP', and we all knowingly wink at each other and go 'you haven't been dragged kicking and screaming into the underbelly yet'"

Cheeky nods.

Temi states, "There's definitely cool stuff to be involved in that's publicly visible, especially around big events, but a lot of the rest of it, no"

Kinaed claims, "The problem is, until people know what kind of person they're dealing with, they don't trust new people ICly well enough to go screaming underbelly right out of the box."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

GALAX claims, "THAT'S what we need to advertise. Cute and colorful medieval fashion! No, wait, where are you going.."

Cheeky says, "It's easier to say than do but as sort of a two-prong effort to hook new people, maybe if there's an ad push teasing secret stuff, and a focus on, er... sharing some of that secret stuff early on with new characters.."

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kuzco claims, "Another idea. We can promote through art posted in places. Commissions paid by and for players, or a player artist who wants to and is able to contribute."

Cheeky states, "Like a staff plot or a series of player-run STs."

Temi muses, "What about a sort of like... buddy program?"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco claims, "With no disrespect to niamh."

Kinaed says, "Now THAT, I like."

Niamh claims, "HEY. MY ART IS GREAT"

Temi states, "People put up a hook for some secret stuff they'd love to rope a new person in for RP"

Temi claims, "And then the new person accepts it, every body gets exciting RP, can bonus both sides"

Kinaed claims, "I've got a couple of really good artists in the wings, and I wouldn't mind doing TI art. Maybe I can even redbubble up some T-shirts or something and use any proceeds to go directly to advertising for TI in paid advertisements."

Tasker states, "Omg make some tshirts with gothans face"

Kuzco declares to Temi, "Not bad! Just make sure it's for new players so I don't just launch alts to nab all secrets"

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Hey that's hot"

GALAX states, "Bright-eyed cyans getting roped into conspiracies is cute, okay, try it sometimes."

Kinaed states to Tasker, "I could see this happening."

Kinaed states, "We do own that image."

Viper is no longer idle.

Temi grins at Kuzco.

Temi states, "True."

Kuzco claims, "Or exchanging art for pr, like I did with Sergio's map"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. I have some stuff to do, including meeting with Staff if I can."

Kinaed states, "Tomorrow we have a new au pair coming."

MrDowntempo claims, "I'd buy a leather bound erra pater, and a chalice mug. "

Kinaed claims, "Cleaning house and buying some things is on the docket."

Kinaed hugs all, "Thank you for coming to the OOC Chat. As always, you guys are brilliant. Thank you!"

Kinaed declaims, "We'll see you next week!"

say Thank you all! Ciao!

Evhor declaims, "Thank you all! Ciao!"

Viper has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Cheeky has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
GALAX has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kuzco has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
MrDowntempo has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Pookstall has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Tasker has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Starstarfish has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Temi has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]