2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 am

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Holly claims, "I can make a forum account and give it a try? Oh...nevermind. :)"

Kinaed claims, "After this agenda, we will discuss the Multiplay Policy."

Chronos claims, "Sure thing bawss"

Kinaed states to Holly, "Next week? We'd appreciate it."

Holly nods.

Kinaed smiles.

SilverMoon loungs on air because she is da moon, da silver moon.

Kinaed muses, "No topics today?"

Chronos claims, "I suppose I have one."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, if anyone thinks of anything during the OOC Chat that they want to register as a topic, send me a- thanks, Chronos! Putting you down"

Chronos says, "But it's more of a question for staff than a topic exactly"

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

Temi says, "Those work too."

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed exclaims, "Kicking off Staff Updates!"

Kinaed claims, "Last week I handled some policy, held a staff meeting where we went over about half of the Staff Talking points in the list, and as a result specced out a heap of stuff. A heap. Poor Az."

Kinaed declaims, "This week, I have Jail Automation and Warrants. Still. Sorry!"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Your turn :)"

Azarial states, "I've been plugging along on prestige, along with a few crashes and typos on the bug board."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "I see mostly bug fixes on the changes board."

Kinaed states to Temi, "It's your turn. :)"

Temi states, "I've got a big deadline at work, so that's been distracting me from some of the progress on TI stuff that I've been wanting to make."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed beams at Joske.

Temi finishes abruptly, "But I've been continuing to work on the stuff for security - I got the population part done as a first draft, and working on figuring out patrols and safety"

Temi states, "So.. hope to get that out for staff review this week."

Kirill finishes his note.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks :) I'm really looking forward to reading that one."

Kinaed pontificates to Niamh, "You're turn!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Your!"

SilverMoon grins.

GALAX states, "Ur"

[World crash here for a moment.]

Viper states, "Well then."

say Whew.

Starstarfish claims, "Whew."

GALAX states, "Oh"

SilverMoon queries, "Right?"

Azarial states, "....that was highly unexpected. o_O"

Kinaed states, "Oh dearie my."

Kirill says, "Doh."

Kinaed muses to Azarial, "Do you know what did it, or do we need a last command check?"

Azarial claims, "My fault; i'll poke at it."

Holly trails off, "Was that just me or..."

SilverMoon claims, "Nop."

Kinaed says, "Az believes it has to do with something they did."

Holly nods.

Holly hands Az some superglue to fix it with.

Kinaed wonders to Niamh, "Sorry about that. You were saying something?"

Niamh claims, "Testing changes like an insane person. Focused on prestige for the most part - the rest of the prestige changes are pending a monthly roll-over so we can get the data there for me to look at. Wrote a spec for no real reason that I keep forgetting to harass the others into reviewing. Finished another page of the IC Events Archive (translating what we can into lore entries). Built a few phomes. For the most part, just the usual stuff."

Niamh states, "That's it for me."

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Thank you! I will read the spec today after the OOC Chat, please remind me."

Niamh smiles.

Niamh pontificates, "OkaY!"

Kinaed exclaims to Joske, "You're up!"

Joske clears his throat "This week I've found my focus primarily on the start of staff ran plot, A sanguine distraction. Unfortunately beyond matters related to the plot I've done little else aside from the occasional request or recommend."

Joske says, "That is all for me."

Kinaed states to Joske, "Thank you :)"

Cheeky wonders, "Sorry, Niamh, a spec for what? Or is it a secret?"

Niamh states to Cheeky, "Maiming."

Niamh claps at Joske.

SilverMoon claims, "Ewww."

Kirill wonders, "Like missing body parts or whatever?"

Niamh nods.

Joske suddenly loses a limb like this were some anime following the clap

Kinaed questions, "Alright, so that's it for Staff Updates. We're moving on now to Player Heartbeat. How was the game for everyone this past week?"

Azarial says, "That should be a nice extension to the Reeves' ability to amputate at the neck."

Niamh grins at Azarial.

SilverMoon sickes

Samuel says, "Pretty great actually"

SilverMoon snickers, my hands are cold

Kinaed claims to Samuel, "I'm quite glad to hear that. :)"

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to tell us how their week was?"

Holly says, "I've had fun! I've been able to do a nice mix of crafting and RP."

Viper says, "Samey samey. Just a normal week for a Charali."

SilverMoon declaims, "And I had good rp this week. Besides the stuff happening with my mom and that is still happening, stuff is good. I didn't cry this week! Hurrah!"

Niamh comforts SilverMoon.

Kinaed grins, "This sounds like a pretty good week for most people

Cheeky says, "I've had good substantive RP that I've not yet made recommends for."

Kinaed claims, "That's great. :)"

SilverMoon huggles the Niamh and cuddles against.

Starstarfish says, "It was uh ... a week. "

Kinaed questions, "Anything shitting anyone that they haven't registered a topic for, but want staff to know about?"

Kinaed comforts Starstarfish.

Kuzco states, "I do."

Kinaed questions to Kuzco, "Did you want it to be a topic, or just a quick mention? :)"

SilverMoon gasps

Kuzco states, "Typing,brief thing"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco clears his throat: "Just a minor heads up, that while I understand that Urth is not Earth and historicism shouldn't be held to scientific standards, there are some modern notions that are unthemely or even anti themely. Mentioning racism for instance, when we have a Racism Meter in the form of Class Relations, or sexism, when Lithmorran society has very strict gender roles (even with equal legal rights) is a bit odd. Or strikes me as odd.

Niamh nods.

Kinaed ponders this.

Kuzco declaims, "It's not easy to divorce modern sensibilities entirely when RPing, but an effort should be made for themely enjoyment!"

Kuzco claims, "Go slavery."

Starstarfish states, "Being called a 'racist' IC feels really odd, given the coded reactions of NPCs during certain metrics."

Azarial says, "I doubt racism would be a word used ICly, if that helps."

Samuel says, "I will admit that I've noticed that issue regarding sexism in particular sometimes"

Kinaed states, "I'm not sure the words aren't fairly old, to be honest. It would highly depend on the context for me."

Wimpled claims, "Except slavery is illegal."

Niamh claims, "It's perfectly legal in a majority of the kingdom."

Starstarfish states, "Slavery is illegal in Lithmore, but not Tubor or Farin."

Kinaed states to Wimpled, "In Lithmore, yep. *nodnod*"

Azarial claims, "Indentured servitude isn't."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Mami states, "Also legal in Vandago."

Niamh nods at Mami.

Kinaed states, "We're nitpicking though."

Kuzco states, "We are, yes."

Kuzco says, "I mean I can call someone righ wing asshole for that regard."

Kuzco states, ":)"

Kuzco says, "*a right wing"

Kuzco states, "Since it exists since 1789"

Kinaed says, "I think it might be jarring to be called racist or feel very modern because it's a modern problem, but I suspect racism has been around since time immemorial, and I think people would have taken issue with it, particularly if on the 'lesser side of power' throughout history. Much the same with sexism."

Kuzco queries, "Oh, to feel upset about it maybe, but to be flung as an insult?"

Kinaed claims, "So I'd probably find it jarring depending on circumstance and terminology, not just because of the words."

Azarial says, "In some ways, it is difficult for someone to done the cultural blinders of a game society when those have been highlighted by their current blinders as an inflamatory topic."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "I'm not sure."

SilverMoon shrugs

Kuzco muses, "What if a farin goes and beats the lights out of a gay character? Will they be called a bigot? Or will they buy them a round of rum?"

Niamh nods at Azarial.

Kuzco claims, "Or coffee, not rum"

Viper claims, "My only real shit is really self inflicted playing a Charali. I sometimes wish that like in most tales in these era's, even if you're a race that is looked down upon, past actions should help define someone more clearly than their race. The prestige system is nice, but I feel like there are more ways to attaining prestige. While I understand being Charali and Hillman and Daravi are just cardinal sins, overlooking things any of these races have done seems a little silly."

Kinaed says, "I'd have to have it happen to or around me, I think, to know how 'modern' or jarring I'd find it."

say Also to be told to correct something you said about that RP over tells.

Starstarfish states, "Also to be told to correct something you said about that RP over tells."

Chronos says, "I disagree on that for Charali and Hillmen though about the past actions."

Azarial states, "For most, though, that is simply how it is--charali will never measure up to the lithmorran standard, for example. "

Niamh claims, "I don't think what they've done is overlooked, they're just not able to elevate themselves into the highest tiers of society."

Mami says, "I would think calling out sexism is perfectly fine, tbh. Especially in light of the long list of female rulers, decree of sodality, etc."

Chronos states, "No matter how much good you do, you're still a Charali or Hillman in the eyes of civilized society"

SilverMoon states, "Wait who did that? wow."

Azarial claims, "A dancing bear is still a bear at the end of the day, no matter how amazing it is."

Tasker claims, "People who know the character might treat them better, and know their actions. Anyone else, just another savage."

Kinaed queries to Starstarfish, "Wait, people are telling people to correct their RP in tells?"

Kuzco wonders, "To mami Yeah, equal legal rights are fine and they aren't to be questioned -- but gender roles?"

Kinaed says, "OOC pressuring people about RP is not okay, please report that behavior."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Wimpled says, "Gender roles are very specified with some races, so I think that'd come up. It certainly has for my Charali. "

SilverMoon states, "I admit sometimes I have a hard time being that woman that takes crap."

Azarial states, "You can also block said person or turn off tells while in RP"

Kinaed states, "People should not be contacting people in tells to explain their RP, ask other people to change their RP, or request other people do things in RP. Please don't, it's against our rules."

Kuzco wonders, "If I question a female for not bearing children to her husband, is that unthemely?"

Kinaed comforts SilverMoon.

Chronos says, "Not at all Kuzco"

SilverMoon states, "She may be barrin"

Mami says, "Kuz what of them? TI has had -so- many women in positions of power, that I think gender roles are shot to shit by this stage."

SilverMoon says, "That is why she doesn't have kids. It's a thing."

Wimpled says, "Could be all sorts of reasons for it, but questioning it would not be untimely. "

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "I think it might depend on where she's from as to whether it'd be expected of her. Lithmorran to a woman... borderline. We're a FANTASY game based on a medieval setting."

Kuzco says, "I dunno, women ought to obey their hubbies unless they are charali. Specially for Lithmorrans. But that's what I understood from lore -- that is not necessarily my ooc position."

Starstarfish says, "Officially the book on marriage from the Church says a marriage that can't produce children possibly shouldn't be approved to begin with."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Cheeky questions, "I think help files outline general feelings on gender roles, right?"

SilverMoon claims, "In tubor, womena nd men are treated equally"

Azarial questions to Joske, "Set your router on a tea candle?"

SilverMoon claims, "So itis more of ... where you're from, yeah, I guess."

Kinaed states, "Obviously we have female players that we don't want to make the game unplayable for by making them entirely medieval subserviant characters. Similar with other poorly represented parts of society - we've made theme outlets so that medieval society in all its backwardness isn't 100 percent represented by TI's theme."

Niamh says, "Lithmorran helpfiles seem to delve into more 'sexist' gender roles as a standard. The rest don't mention it."

GALAX states, "My impression was that different duchies handle things differently, so different characters will have different cultural expectations."

Chronos says, "I don't think Lithmorrans would consider women having to obey their husbands. I do see them being obligated to fulfill certain roles, mostly in the vein of providing children."

SilverMoon nods.

Kinaed says, "Meanwhile, we try to give broad brushstrokes of medieval culture to TI's main culture to let people pick and choose where they land."

Cheeky claims, "Tubor and Charali have gender bias help files."

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

Mami declaims, "Breed for Dav (but only when married!) is certainly a thing"

Cheeky nods at Kinaed.

Kuzco states, "I suck at TI lore btw"

Niamh grins.

Kuzco says, "I really try, though"

Joske grins at Azarial and ponders this "It's inside the kitchen with the oven going presently. Think it's moreso just an issue with the network as a whole outhere with these temps."

Azarial says to Kuzco, "Help random"

Kinaed claims, "There's no gender bias in the Davism religion, and we've had female Earl Marshalls, Grand Masters, and Inquisitors/Grand Inquisitors"

Azarial comforts Joske.

Elysaveta claims, "The Church does seem to emphasize being married to produce children, but how that's interpreted as gender roles would likely vary pretty widely."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Chronos says, "Aye"

Niamh trails off, "Lithomrrans appear to be the most standard sexist types. Charali are super sexist but in the opposite direction..."

Mami claims to Kinaed, "5/6 of the last monarchs have been female as well."

Cheeky claims, "And the Decree of Sodality helped, though there was pushback at the time. Historically."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed nods at Mami.

Chronos states, "I could see that breeding nationalistic tendencies against other cultures, such as against Tubor."

Niamh declares, "Didn't the lady the Decree of Sodality was initiated for end up executed for treason? Wrench in the mix!"

Chronos states, "But, nobody's truly 'right' really"

Niamh nods.

Kuzco claims, "Anyways, this isn't really about gender roles, but being called out with words like 'sexist' or 'racist' which made me blink."

Wimpled says, "The Charali are truly right."

Niamh grins at Wimpled.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, I think it's worth noting that some people have been concerned about how modern some of our RP may have felt lately. I think after this discussion, everyone's in a decent position to be aware and evaluate for themselves."

Kuzco says, "I didn't intend to take up so much time."

Viper claims, "Exactly."

GALAX says, "Yeah, I agree that that feels awkward here in TI, kuzco"

Kinaed wonders, "Shall we move on? :)"

Kuzco claims, "Please."

Chronos states, "I think it'd be extremely unthematic to call someone Racist"

Kuzco claims, "And I apologise."

Kinaed says, "No need to apologize :)"

Viper says, "I disagree"

Niamh states, "Calling them rude or disrespectful or cruel might feel more thematic than 'racist.'"

Cheeky questions, "Are there more fitting words that wouldn't feel so jarring?"

Kinaed muses to Chronos, "You had a question or a topic?"

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Elysaveta states, "Seems like I wouldn't use those words, but it's not unthemely to protest against the idea of sexism depending on the character."

Chronos wonders, "I'm not sure if this is a perception issue on my part or if there's factual numbers to back it but it feels like the game population has been a bit lower as of late. Particularly at night. Is there truth to this perception? And if so, what are folks thoughts on what can be done to improve upon it?"

Azarial says, "Or a filthy charali lover"

Viper says, "I experience racism 80 percent of my time logged in."

SilverMoon says, "Yes, please don't treat me like your wife, I am most certainly not. there, all done. :P"

Cheeky says, "I think it has something to do with holidays."

SilverMoon nods.

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims to Chronos, "We had a low period right before and after Christmas that our stats are showing that we're recovering."

Temi says, "Pretty standard every year."

Temi nods.

GALAX states, "Yeah, Christmas was a snoozefest but it's been feeling much more active lately."

Kuzco claims, "It happens every year yeah"

Joske states, "Holidays are always a sucky time for the game in terms of the amount of folks. should pick up soon."

Kinaed says, "I have noticed that the UK crowd has thinned, and I'm usually on alone "late at night" in US terms, but our daytime numbers are right back up where they were."

Kuzco claims, "First week of january, expect 3-4 characters on noon"

Viper claims, "It's the funny liberal racist accusations you get out here in Cali though, when they know you can physically murder them, yet they accuse you of it, or are it."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Mami states to Kinaed, "Aiming to be around a bit during the witching (pun intended) hours again."

Chronos states, "Yeah the part that I've noticed most is after around 11ish EST time the game just sort of goes dead now."

Chronos states, "During the day it seems fine though"

Kinaed nods at Mami.

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

GALAX declaims, "Also there are those bad luck times where you log in and everyone seems to be like 'phew, that was heavy! break time' because a major RP event just happened"

SilverMoon states, "I am usually either on at night, or today on during the day or most of the times both."

Joske claims, "It's also around the time a new term starts for college classes, to my understanding at least, so that may also play a part in the decreased activity."

Kuzco states, "I have less availability during the day now :("

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Cheeky states, "As a player, I'm still willing to host things during off-peak hours. It's hard to know when the best times would be though, as I'm probably normally asleep."

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kuzco queries to Kinaed, "Do you have graphs for player pop during weekdays and weekends?"

Cheeky says, "I was about to ask."

Cheeky grins.

Kuzco hi5s Cheeky

Temi claims, "On my part, I feel like our hours are earlier than they used to be. But that could just be my lack of time in general."

Temi grins.

Mami states, "Or raw data? I could do a quick data vis if you want."

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "I have the raw data that I can turn into graphs. If you type 'activity' or 'activity today', I get an extended version of that (with info players have no business having, like how many active mages we have), daily."

Kinaed says to Mami, "I do, and I'd appreciate it."
Cheeky nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "Badass."

Cheeky wonders, "Aging pbase, maybe?"

Mami wonders, "Cheeky, are you making a comment about my walker?"

Kinaed says, "I have a few years of data, actually."

Chronos questions, "When you type activity is that unique connections it's monitoring?"

SilverMoon claims, "Your walker is just fine mami."

Chronos claims, "Or number of characters total"

Elysaveta claims, "Us old folks need to be in bed early."

Temi says, "I can't be around during the day, though, so I base it on when people are scheduling events."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims to Chronos, "Both."

Azarial states, "Characters"

Kinaed claims, "The one you see has characters. I have unique accounts (ie, unique players) also."

Chronos states, "I'd be curious to see how many concurrant unique connections we tend to see."

Kinaed says, "Right now, we have 23 active (ie, RPed) of 43 unique players that logged in today."

Chronos says, "Very nice"

Kinaed states, "Okay, that was our one and only Player Topic. As you all know, I have a staff topic today, that I posted on the boards."

Mami states, "I really want to play with this data now... x.x"

Kinaed states, "I want to preface this by saying that I don't think the policy necessarily needs to change, and by raising this, I am not advocating change. This is an inquiry."

Kinaed states to Mami, "I'll take an action item to work with you to see what we can create"

Kuzco says, "Oh I have something"

Kuzco says, "I totally forgot"

Kinaed queries to Kuzco, "Please hold off til the end now?"

Kuzco claims, "Yeah sure"

Kinaed says, "This last week, I had three players come to me complaining about other people (as we sometimes do), either fearful that someone was going to crossover or concerned that the number and positioning of another players characters gives them more sway over the game. There was some question about whether Order characters should be allowed to play mages, or if maybe Order GLs are really the only ones that should be restricted, or should they be restricted at all."

Kinaed says, "We wrote the multiplay policy years ago. At its core, we allow players to have 10 alts, any number of which can be in game at once, so long as they don't work together."

Kinaed says, "Over the years, complaints like those presented this week (all within a very short time) are common enough."

Kuzco says, "How do you spread 10 chars over enough factions or RP areas that there is no overlap or conflict"

Kinaed claims, "It seems to be a player thing that, if someone doesn't know how or why someone is doing something, but they can see an alt somewhere in the picture, they'll assume or fear the worst."

Viper says, "AS some one who's been smacked with multiplayer policy a long time in the past, I will say if you've a mage and an Order character you're automatically conflicted, even as a Reeve and Brotherhood member. I whole heartedly agree with not having a character the opposes another one. You can't effectively RP both, furthermore if you're attached to either of them or both."

Kinaed questions, "With a reminder of being respectful - please do not bring up any recent 'examples' or discuss anyone else's recent RP (but really old examples are fine) - shall we discuss how people feel our multiplay policy is serving us? Is it good? Bad? Where are the problems with it, and is there anything we need to do about it? Or is everything pretty much good and the complaints worth ignoring?"

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Temi claims to Kuzco, "Depends on the type of characters. 10 would be tough for most people, though, but very few are trying to do it either."

SilverMoon says, "I can barely do three."

Kinaed asks of Viper, "Does that mean that you advocate either being a mage or an Ordertite, but not both?"

Cheeky states, "I don't think I've ever played a version of TI where OOC paranoia didn't heavily influence gameplay. But I think in a general way, the game is 'smaller,' thus harder to find niches where you're not running into yourself."

Viper claims, "Yes, absolutely."

GALAX says, "So I've never had a problem with it, but I do have concern that it might limit conflict in the game. For instance, if one player's got an Orderite and a mage, how much can they really accomplish as the latter without precariously treading crossover problems? Especially at the size of the current pbase."

Kinaed claims, "It's worth noting that most players never have more than 3 active characters, even if they have all 10 slots filled with inactive alts."

Niamh nods at GALAX.

Kuzco says, "When I played a reeve I remembered every single other reeve had an alt involved with one particular criminal, so no one but me could investigate it."

Cheeky says, "+1 to GALAX, that's what I think is the bigger issue."

Mami states, "I haven't been around for a bit, but historically I've always been iffy about alts. I've seen some terrible conflicting interest examples in the past."

Joske claims, "They can accomplish a fair bit. It's just requires one to be keenly aware of where the lines and connections lead, and be willing to step back and delegate responsibilities if you yourself cannot handle such due to potential crossover."

Kuzco trails off, "One order and one mage could be conceivably done without conflict... if the mage doesn't get into mage stuff with other mages"

Kirill has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "I actually think our pbase is pretty good about Crossover. It's not that we don't see instances of it, but in 10 instances I'd investigate thoroughly for policy reasons, I'll usually find maybe two that actually have something to them, and one of those two is more of a 'reminder that you're brushing close to an issue' rather than an outright, blatant cheating situation."

Viper says, "As a mage, you're privy to information that nobody else has, and you have an Orderite character on top of that? You KNOW the information already, it's all about trust in your RP from that point. And there's VERY few I would trust with that, truth be told."

Cheeky nods at Kinaed.

Chronos says, "Well, if I may"

Temi claims, "There's also the other side - one reason we haven't limited for example Orderites from having mage characters - they don't pick the Orderite if they have to choose."

Chronos claims, "I have one example I'm willing to share from the past."

SilverMoon states, "Wasn't here years ago, so enlighten me."

Kinaed perks her ears towards Chronos.

Starstarfish states, "I think because of the playerbase, not allowing alts would see even more roles unfulfilled. I think my biggest issue at the moment is folks who have limited time spreading that time along too many alts in a manner that can be deterimental to each of the chars development."

Cheeky nods at Temi.

Kuzco claims, "While I dislike the concept of alts, we don't have enough players to fill all the roles / skills / positions without them."

Joske queries, "Who gets to decide what is deterimental to the character's development, the player behind the character or those viewing the character?"

Kuzco says, "And too many alts is just stupid, you can't keep up unless you're a brain in a jar plugged to Mudlet"

Chronos states, "At one point I played the Grand Inquistior, Gaspard. Unfortunately, he came across a possible Mage Inquiry that tied directly to his alt, Gaven Kovar. I went to staff about it because I felt it could be a conflict of interest because Gaven was part of the family that had brought up this concern. In the end, I sort of ended up stuck dealing with it."

Wimpled states, "Personally, after being investigated in a case like this once before myself, with all sorts of nonsense made up, I just haven't played an alt since, so I don't really have a dog in the fight. "

Chronos says, "From what I know, the player involved complained about it and it caused some bad feelings."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Viper trails off, "I haven't played an alt either..."

Viper states, "...For a very long time"

Cheeky says, "I love alts. Half the people in this room right now are me."

Niamh grins at Cheeky.

Kinaed declaims to Cheeky, "Shh, I seeded the audience with you for a reason. No one can know!"

Cheeky grins.

Mami says, "Likewise, I only tend to run one a single character at a time for philosophical and free time reasons."

Chronos claims, "I've also come into multiple issues on characters in GL capacities where people I relied on to do investigative stuff couldn't do it because they had alt interests."

GALAX claims, "Ultimately though, if you liquidate/die/vanish for an extended period of time and then hop sides, you still have all the forbidden secrets you gained as OOC knowledge."

Joske has played numerous alts, as they help to break up the monotony and ruts playing only a single character can cause.

Azarial says, "Nothing like spending the time talking to yourself at an altoholics meeting."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, can I ask specific questions and get people to say what their stance is and anything they want to add in a one-sentence response?"

Niamh nods at Chronos.

Tasker says, "On the topic of Mages and Order. I think I generally trust people enough to keep what information they learn on one character separate from the other. It just involves going through a mental check list, and keeping Cnotes up to date on what either character knows. It's difficult, but it's not impossible."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Cheeky pontificates, "I'll try!"

Kinaed queries, "Firstly, how many people here think that it'd be wise to reduce the number of alts people can have from 10 to something lesser?"

Joske queries, "Do we even have anyone approaching that number?"

Chronos states, "Tasker,I don't, unfortunately. I've actively avoided alts of people if I learned they had an Orderite on my mages, at least in the capacity of them learning I had a mage because for a very long time the game had a strongly "Must Win" attitude about those things."

Kinaed nods at Joske.

SilverMoon states, "I can't even approach ten so if you wanan have ten be my guest"

Azarial claims, "I think one or two, but not very many."

GALAX claims, "Doesn't seem to be a problem if people aren't using them all, but having the space just in case is nice."

Elysaveta says, "It doesn't seem like the number is a problem, if most people aren't actually playing ten active characters."

Kuzco says, "I'd keep the number at... three."

Kuzco nods at Elysaveta.

Viper claims, "I was gonna say 5"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Joske would argue for 5 at a bare minimum.

Cheeky claims, "I don't think it matters; as you said, most people have 3 active at most, and I don't mind people trotting out others once in a great while or 'putting a pin' in a concept or whatever."

Kinaed asks, "How many people are uncomfortable with Orderites playing mages, and how many are not? Anyone want to state their stance with any nuance?"

Chronos states, "Tbh, I don't think we need alt limits. I think what would be smart is to say "You can't play this type if you have this type of alt""

Mami claims, "Reduce to two, with firmer guidelines on what is allowable."

Niamh claims, "I think we have a few people with 10 alts, but not 10 that are actually played. They're probably name-holds."

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

GALAX claims, "I have a somewhat complicated response to this"

Tasker states, "That's one way of playing it, Chronos. I understand where you're coming from, but I think you're shooting yourself in the foot a bit."

Chronos claims, "Like a Reeve can't have an alt in Brotherhood or an Orderite can't have a Mage alt."

Kinaed says to GALAX, "Please, give us your complicated response :)"

Mami states, "Uncomfortable with Orderites playing mages."

Kuzco raises a hand: "Order and mage makes me queasy but I think I can trust the players. I think."

SilverMoon states, "I kinda think it is a bit of a conflict of interest, because what if you rmage attacks someone and you're called to investigate it, that would be weird."

Kinaed gives people time to respond before asking the next questions.

Viper says, "I am. As I am with a Reeve and Brotherhood member. If you have characters who are both in guilds opposing each other, I'm against it. HOWEVER. If you have a Reeve and Brotherhood TYPE character who isn't in a guild, or an Order member and a mage who isn't manus, I MIGHT be okay with that."

Tasker claims, "It depends in what capacity they're playing a Mage, if they're playing a mage that is directly against the order- that can be a problem, but otherwise I don't see an issue with it."

Joske says, "A mage is directly against the order just by existing."

Elysaveta says, "I don't play a mage alt and an Orderite alt just because it kind of ruins the surprise of RP, for me, but I can't say how others would feel about it, or have a problem with it if people are responsible about it."

Chronos states, "My only concern abuot Orderites not being allowed to have mage alts is that we have a hard time getting Orderites normally as it is."

Tasker claims, "Sure, but you can either be activity trying to assault the Order, or just doing magely things. "

Niamh muses, "I suspect it's overall comfortability with the idea of all the super secret mages in the game - many of which going through exceptional measures to keep themselves from being outed OOC - being revealed to somebody who plays the Order?"

Holly asks, "I don't have an issue with mages being members of the order, how else would one attempt infiltration rp? :P"

Kirill states, "I don't have a problem with current policy. There are pros and cons to tightening the restrictions, and I'm not convinced that doing so will necessarily benefit the game much at this time."

Niamh nods.

GALAX pontificates, "I think things are fine as is, but people who play on both sides of the pond need to be really careful. I'm young and naive here and willing to trust. But my main concern is that people need to be careful so that they don't limit the options for fruitful conflict in the game. So, basically, be self-aware? Shrug!"

GALAX shrugs instead of saying shrug.

Cheeky says, "Yeah, my stance shifts based on specific scenarios. At most I think some sort of 'heads up' cnote or note to staff might be worthwhile."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, my next question - if players are uncomfortable with Orderies playing mages, does that go up or down with regards to Guildleaders. For example, do people support the Order GLs not having a mage alt, but not requiring it of other Order members?"

Kuzco says to Holly, "This is avoided because what tends to happen is that the order becomes 100 per cent mages"

Cheeky claims, "Just something where the player is acknowledging the potential difficulty and showing willingness to do what's necessary to protect the game."

Azarial claims, "Dear staff, I think I just stuck my foot in a wolverine den and my alt chewed it off. please put me out of my misery."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Wimpled says, "I think you have too few Orderites to be able to allow it. There was a time when the Order couldn't keep a GL, can't cycle someone into the role if they're a mage. "

SilverMoon snorts and laughs out loud

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "I got an anonymous tell from a player saying that they don't like it, but don't want to offend anyone saying so."

Viper trails off, "...Personally, I think everyone hates playing an Orderite... And just being a mouth of the Lord..."

Kinaed claims, "Keeping it there for the log when I go back to review responses."

Niamh chuckles.

Tasker claims, "I don't think it would be a good idea to further hamstring recruitment efforts for the order. "

Starstarfish says, "I think my question is ... what percentage of the active populace at any given time should be mages? Because having too many mages in general, and I've said that IMHO changes the way theme is handled. Regardless of whose alts they are."

Cheeky declaims, "To anonymous player, sorry you're worried about other player reactions but thanks for getting your vote heard!"

Wimpled states, "I liked playing an Orderite. "

Wimpled points to her wimple.

SilverMoon states, "Honestly if I had to play the moutpiece of the lord I'd get into sugar cubes, man."

Mami claims, "I don't like it, and am comfortable saying it. That said, the recruitment element is a competing concern in my mind."

Kinaed muses, "How many of us think that, despite our occasional mistrust, it is only fair and reasonable to suck it up and let people do what they want with their alts so long as they're abiding by policy, and that the fear of these things is a personal problem everyone should just overcome?"

Azarial claims, "Playing a priest does seem to run afoul of the same modern perceptions as mentioned earlier."

Viper claims, "If they're not breaking policy at the end of the day, I don't really care."

GALAX says, "I think it should be limited or discouraged. But the population leaves me conflicted. It doesn't surprise me how unpopular Priesthood is. It surprises me how unpopular the idea of being a sword-sligning metal death machine is. "

Kinaed states, "I sort of sit in that camp, by the way. As much as I dislike policy, I generally trust and respect the pbase."

Cheeky says, "I wanted to say that I feel the onus is on the person with the alts to keep them fully separate. I think in other meetings we've asked for people to not question it too hard if a character opts out of something with flimsy excuses, on the chance they're not committing RP avoidance but rather avoiding alt conflict issues."

Kinaed states, "Probably because I have the luxury of doing policy and am pretty in the know about how big of a problem it is - and honestly, other than knowing things from alts maybe 'coloring' perceptions, we do not get a lot of actual, provable, clear crossover."

Mami says to Kinaed, "Pretty much, yes. Not keen on alts of a rule, but they're an unfortunate neccesity due to pbase constraints."

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "I believe I can trust the players if they cnote properly, but we need enough orderites to have characters that can circumvent alt restrictions of others"

Temi gives a small wooden couple posed together on a nautical pedestal to Jiraiya.

SilverMoon states, "I've done that before, if my alt was gonna be at a metting I made some excuse for the other one who was part of the council too, it happens."

Elysaveta states, "I'm more or less in that place, as long as people keep their cnotes up to date and are responsible, I'm willing to give people a chance to play and RP various roles. It makes things more interesting and adding new restrictions could make things too restrictive and ultimately not beneficial."

Kuzco states, "Else we end up like me being the only non crossovering reeeve who could tackle a particular criminal"

Chronos says, "I think that folks should suck it up and learn some trust but I also think folks should suck it up and not get offended when a concern is brought to staff about whether or not there's possible mishandling of alts going on."

Kinaed claims to Jiraiya, "We're discussing our multiplay policy."

Cheeky states, "I don't want to launch another conversation given the time, but I'm curious if it's only the mage playing thing that's preventing more people from trying Orderites."

Wimpled says, "If folks aren't breaking policy, I don't care."

Niamh asks, "Curiously, are our Order players still adamant that mages shouldn't be able to seek the guild?"

Kinaed says, "And concerns people have, and what we should do. Right now, we're in the discovery phase, where I'm asking questions and illciting answers."

Jiraiya states to Kinaed, "Ah. I think it's fine as is."

Kinaed says, "Also, everyone - I'm sorry, this meeting probably will go over."

Kinaed nods at Jiraiya.

Viper trails off, "I mean... a mage can be a "davite" too..."

Kinaed states, "If anyone needs a transfer out, let me know."

SilverMoon nods.

SilverMoon claims, "And they could hate themselves because of their wrongness, or something. I dunno. I'm not comfortable delving into mage."

Kinaed states to Viper, "I think a good davite mage would show up at the church, confess their sins, and get pyred though."

Tasker claims, "I'm not sure how I feel about it, Niamh. I'm not sure why it was brought in in the first place, but I have felt better about the Order since then. It did become a very, very, very frequent thing of the order being just riddled with Mages, and I think it did harm theme a bit. "

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

Jiraiya claims, "I think that the policy has been applied a bittoo harshly a couple timesin the past though"

Elysaveta nods.

Elysaveta says, "There's lore to support good Davite mages turning themselves in, and everything."

Viper states to Kinaed, "It's a good thing 99 percent of us are shitty Davites then :)"

Tasker says, "I think we're at a good point in that latents can join the order, and can then be awakened. So it's not like it's impossible, it's just a bit harder to infiltrate the order now."

GALAX claims, "It makes sense for me as a mage to call themselves Davite. They're just also not very good at being a Davite."

Niamh nods at Tasker.

Starstarfish says, "I pushed for the no-mages in the Order thing at the point it become nearly a trope."

Niamh exclaims to Starstarfish, "I wasn't going to out you!"

Niamh grins.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, the next question - another issue raised about multiplay was 'a single player getting too much power or control by having multiple alts that are in high places or have strong relationships to other people in high places'. Is this something that actually concerns people?"

Chronos says, "I sort've feel Star was right to push for it."

Cheeky claims, "I will probably always default to 'when in doubt, leave exceptions open via app and staff consideration.'"

Chronos says, "Because it really did become a trope"

Mami states, "Galax, Not as if most regular Davites are great at it either. :P"

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Jiraiya nods to chronos and star

SilverMoon states, "That doesn't concern me too much... why would that concern people.."

Chronos muses, "Lol, upset about someone putting in the work on multiple characters to get into strong positions?"

Kinaed claims to SilverMoon, "I don't know, it was raised."

Kuzco hmms at Kinaed, "Okay so, this is the thing. TI has mechanics that can be easily abused without people finding out. This appears to be one of them, specially if the player is careful not to abuse policy. But... I am not concerned it might happen, no."

Cheeky muses, "I think that would violate the general policy?"

Kinaed says to Chronos, "Perhaps."

Cheeky claims, "If I'm understanding the concern."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Elysaveta queries, "I think there are restrictions on how many important coded roles one can have, right?"

Niamh nods at Elysaveta.

Viper says to Kinaed, "This doesn't concern me too much if they're playing the characters to a hilt. If they attempting to change some grand theme or something with powerful characters and it's noticeable, well yeah, that's wrong."

Azarial states, "1 gl per account"

Tasker states, "It makes me uncomfortable if a single player has their feet in every single pie, but so long as cnotes are kept up to date and any queries brought up with staff- I'm fine with it. I'm not sure how you could enforce or restrict that anyway."

Kirill claims, "I'm okay with the current policy that prevents awakened mages from seeking the Order, but I would also be okay if they were allowed in on a rare, case-by-case basis via application."

Kinaed states to Elysaveta, "In a direct way, yes. People cannot have multiple GLs + nobles, for example."

Kuzco says, "You can only have one GL among all your alts."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Chronos states, "If it's the same group of players that seem to have constant power positions that also just 'happen' to be friends with each other on all their alts, I'd be uncomfortable. If it's literally just one player has multiple alts who happened to have done all the right things? Then suck it up."

Niamh says, "Honestly, it sounds like a lot of the paranoia and discomfort could be solved by people just not making it public who all their alts are."

Mami claims to Kinaed, "I've seen it happen quite a bit. Not happy with it, but it is a nebulous thing that is hard to police."

Kuzco says, "But you can be sleeping with all GLs among all alts ;)"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Holly has lost link.

SilverMoon nods.

Kuzco declaims, "Or with the same one!"

Elysaveta states, "One noble and one GL, I think? Less coded ways of gaining influence do require a lot of RP, in my experience."

SilverMoon claims, "I have no problem with .. this at all and ... wow."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Temi says, "Some people have more natural gravitas, and seem to end up with influence whichever character they do it with."

Kinaed says to Elysaveta, "I don't think we allow two different characters to be a noble and a GL, though we do allow noble characters to become GLs."
Cheeky nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

say That's happened in the past, people have had a noble and a GL.

Starstarfish states, "That's happened in the past, people have had a noble and a GL."

Chronos says, "I didn't know that was a thing. I had a Noble and a GL at one point."

GALAX claims, "Yeah, I don't like knowing who's alts are who's. It's all about the mystique."

Niamh nods at GALAX.

Kirill asks, "If you play a GL, and a noble, I believe you end up competing for support -- as you can't have both characters supported by the same people, no?"

Cheeky says, "Maybe it's less common now with the Council setup."

Kinaed claims to Starstarfish, "It has, but things change."

SilverMoon laughs quietly

Cheeky states, "Since technically you'd have two people who are supposed to be involved in the same RP."

Niamh claims, "If the OOC reveals could just weaving their way into our culture, it truly does sound like a lot of this just wouldn't have cause to exist."

Niamh claims, "*just stop weaving"

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Cheeky queries, "The ooc reveals?"

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kuzco muses to Niamh, "Can you rephrase that?"

Elysaveta questions, "People telling who their alts are?"

Chronos wonders, "I'm assuming you mean people telling people who's alts are who's, Niamh?"

Niamh nods.

Chronos claims, "*whose"

Starstarfish claims, "Which is now against policy, but doesn't change what happened before policy happened, unfortunately."

Kuzco says, "I don't know, I really dislike finding out who plays which alt"

SilverMoon shrugs and leans back a little.

Kinaed states, "I find it disrespectful and repugnant behavior to tell people who someone else's alts are, personally. It is now against policy, but wasn't prior."

Kuzco claims, "It puts a shade of ooc awareness about motivations and ooc personalities, to me. A tint."

Niamh says, "We'd probably always have some who spend way too much time worrying about who everyone else is playing, but if it wasn't advertised the thought of 'this could be bullshittery because alts' wouldn't come up."

GALAX states, "That's not to say that everyone has to perfectly cover up which alts they have. I mean, lots of people are just unintentionally identifiable by writing style. But flagging that you're playing X Y and Z feels weird."

Niamh claims, "*as often"

Kinaed nods.

SilverMoon trails off, "My writing sytle is very ... easy to tell"

Niamh nods at SilverMoon.

Kinaed states, "There's a part of me that wonders if the whole concern is just moot."

Kirill says, "And we're past the hour, too. >_>"

Cheeky claims, "Which concern specifically? I'm having trouble keeping focused."

Viper wonders, "If it's not broke, why fix it?"

Niamh chains Kirill to the room.

SilverMoon claims, "I mean... it's easy to tell who is me and who isn't, let's just put it taht way. But other people's alts? No idea."

Kirill yelps!

Elysaveta states, "It hasn't been anything that's bothered me recently, multiplaying and alts."

Kinaed claims, "It's been an object lesson to me in how fear makes people work. Rumors start that so and so is cheating because someone is AFRAID that they're cheating, but an investigation often indicates no markers that they are."

Kinaed claims, "Paranoia is sort of a thing that I like on TI, but I prefer it to be IC, not OOC, and about the story."

Cheeky nods.

Elysaveta nods.

SilverMoon nods.

Elysaveta claims, "IC paranoia is good and themely, because witches."

Chronos says, "I'll admit that I have seen some players in the past ostracized because other groups got it in their heads that they were cheating their butts off"

Niamh nods very seriously to Els

Chronos claims, "Purely because of who they were."

Niamh nods at Chronos.

Kuzco claims, "Yes."

Kuzco states, "A thousand times yes."

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

Cheeky says, "There are a lot of systems in game though that support the.. GAME aspect of the game."

Kuzco says, "And even if someone fucks up and cheats, and they get caught and punished -- just let go, forgive and forget man."

Kuzco nods at Cheeky

Kinaed muses, "So do people think that the problem is, in large part, just people's fear of what is possible and the not-so-generous assumption that if something isn't going someone's way that someone else will or is cheating?"

Holly has reconnected.

Chronos says, "Yeah"

Kinaed asks, "Like, if I said we're going to talk about multiplay today, how many people would believe that most of the reason it's even on the table is probably people's fear as opposed to real issues?"

Jiraiya states, "I think leave the policy as is but be generous on warnings"

Cheeky claims, "I think it's fear of losing and distrust of people you may not know as people."

Kinaed wonders to Jiraiya, "Can you clarify what you mean?"

Cheeky claims, "Filling in the blanks with the worst possible scenarios."

SilverMoon nods to cheeky

Niamh nods at Cheeky.

Wimpled says, "I assumed the reason it was on the docket at all was fear-based."

Kinaed muses, "We have warnings all over the place and I think we're pretty good about making expectations clear. Mostly, we can't warn people away from breaking policy?"

Kinaed questions, "I mean, more than what we do? Can we?"

Chronos states, "Well, this is a question that's come up occasionally at meetings over the years as to how to handle alts."

Jiraiya states to Kinaed, "Just that if someone crosses the line but was acting in good faith, they get a warning or a slap on the rest"

Jiraiya says, "Er wrist"

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Chronos claims, "Because it's a rather prevalent fear that crops up a lot"

SilverMoon giggles.
Kinaed claims to Jiraiya, "That's the case now."

Kinaed nods at Jiraiya.

SilverMoon states, "You need rest."

Kuzco claims, "I'm a bit too confused at this point."

Kinaed states, "Most of our policy board is "Joe did X. Joe was told to stop doing X"."

Kirill says, "I think crossover probably happens more often than is reported or even realized, and probably most of it is unconscious, and there's not a whole lot any of us can do about it other than be vigilant about our own RP, report potential cases, and let staff handle it from there."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Cheeky nods at Kirill.

Kuzco nods at Kirill.

GALAX claims, "Yeah. Trust no one, not even yourself"

GALAX nods at Kirill.

Jiraiya makes a face and says, "It's been a bit harsh a couple times I can think of but I won't go into too much detail to avoid rehashing things."

Kuzco states, "Yeah I do thing a lot goes unaware for people."

Niamh states, "You have to abuse policy with pretty incredible regularity to get more than a slap on the wrist."

Viper claims, "Close your messaging programs and RP instead of tells"

Niamh slow-mo highfives Viper.

Chronos states, "I'm still a strong proponent that tells are bad for this game."

Kinaed states to Jiraiya, "I don't think you've ever actually spoken to me about any policy cases, just heard things second hand, so I'd caution that perhaps you should take some of that with a grain of salt. People have a way of feeling hard done by even by a "Joe you did X, stop doing X"."

Cheeky says, "I think they may be bad for RP 'purity' but good for community."

Kinaed states, "Well, not many."

Kuzco says, "We have Discord anyways now, it's kinda moot."

Niamh nods at Kuzco.

GALAX says, "I don't mind them. I almost never get tells that aren't fairly businesslike/clarification based"

Azarial claims, "You can set a message with 'deaf' like afk so you can block it while you play with a polite message"

Niamh trails off, "Or an unpolite message if you're feeling froggy..."

Chronos says, "What if I want it to be a rude and unforgiving message, Azarial"

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: We have a lot of people logging in. The OOC Chat is continuing if anyone wants to pop in. We're discussing our multiplay policy.

Niamh muses, "What about a neutral message, like a dancing Kirby?"

GALAX says, "And they're good for people who just want to play a MUD without having to get entrenched in all sorts of wider stuff in the like..meta...game..? Of the game."

Azarial states, "Have at. it was added beuase there was the impression that not receiving tells was a sin and a grave insult worthy of death and dismemberment. not in that order."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, so the next question - given the context of the discussion so far - what changes would people make, if any?"

Viper says, "I think Staff should be able to monitor tells, honestly."

Mami states, "Chronos- Best if that is hand crafted. :)"

Kinaed muses, "Or are people pretty happy as is?"

Tasker claims, "I want the Knights to have assault rifles "

Niamh claims, "That would make me wildly uncomfortable."

Wimpled claims, "If you want to change from 10 alts to a lesser number, considering people don't use it, go at it. Otherwise leave it."

Jiraiya claims, "Mostly happy"

Cheeky muses, "Is there some middle step we can take as players if there's concern about some other person abusing systems?"

Cheeky claims, "Nothing is coming to mind."

Kuzco claims, "I'd lower the max number of alts, allow latents into the order"

Kinaed says to Viper, "We won't spy on players."

Chronos claims, "Mami - Paragraph long copypasta full of expletives about the horrors of tells."

Viper trails off, "I meant tells... considering those are OOC"

Niamh states to Viper, "I get what you mean, but holycrap I would feel like a monster."

Kinaed claims, "I draw a hard line at that. The closest we come is that IF we have a STRONG reason to suspect someone is up to no good, we place a log on them."

Kinaed says, "Then we see their tells."

Jiraiya claims, "I think latency should be a random thing in general"

Azarial claims, "It's bad enough with mages get their shag on with fecho which is logged for magic policy; having tells too....whoof."

Starstarfish claims, "I'd argue for latents in the Order if the apps weren't all 'my plan is to destroy the Order'"

Kinaed states, "But We don't do that unless we have a strong reason to do so."

Niamh says, "Players don't see apps, so that's solely paranoia fueling that thought."

Cheeky states, "But it sounds to me like it goes observe something kind of shady ----> tell staff ------> staff investigates ------> staff probably comes back and says nah, you've got it all wrong."

Kirill laughs.

GALAX states, "I always thought latency was random to begin with outside of apps"

Azarial claims, "Latents are not filtered out of seeking, as that reveals they are latent"

Kinaed says, "Latency is random unless people opt out of being latent."

Elysaveta says, "It is unless you pay to opt out."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Elysaveta says, "Or start as awakened, obv."

Kuzco says, "Ah"

GALAX exclaims, "I mean, not knowing whether you can potentially become something your character views as a monster is half the fun of it!"

say I personally feel like not having brand new accounts possibly randomly make a mage seems more kind.

Starstarfish claims, "I personally feel like not having brand new accounts possibly randomly make a mage seems more kind."

Elysaveta states, "Latents might know they are IC as well, so they might think they are good potential Orderites with no issues."

Kinaed wonders, "So I'm not seeing a lot of suggestions to make changes. Does that mean, we're good?"

Cheeky says, "I think things are fine as is but don't mind occasionally checking in to make sure that's still the case."

Niamh nods at Cheeky.

Kirill states, "I totally dig the new cylon mystery aspect of chargen."

(visnet) Player Thae: Can I get moved to OOC chat?

Kinaed wonders, "If so, and if fear is the reason we ended up here - may I ask that people be aware of that and try not to be afraid that someone else is going to cheat?"

Kinaed has transferred Moonmoon. [OOC]

Temi gives a small wooden couple posed together on a nautical pedestal to Moonmoon.

Kuzco nods at Kirill.

Chronos has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Viper states, "I'm a Charali. People will laugh if I claim such silly accusations."

Cheeky asks, "Is it still best policy to post to staff if you do have a fear you think is valid?"

Kuzco says, "I try to avoid ooc drama, which makes me lower my ooc paranoia"

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kinaed claims to Cheeky, "Yes, I am happy to investigate concerns and see if I can either put them to rest or stop the problem from continuing/exacerbating."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

[Council] Kirill: Is the meeting still happening? Because I'm not sure I ever got an IC letter and now we're double-booked tonight on events, I think.

Cheeky nods at Kinaed.

Niamh declaims to Kuzco, "Everyone be like Norrig!"

Kinaed muses to Kuzco, "Does that work well for you?"

Cheeky says, "God no please don't be like Norrig."

Niamh says, "Except for the codpiece. Please do not wear Norrig's codpiece."

Niamh grins at Cheeky.

Kuzco claims, "Yeah, I really try to ask people to keep it to themselves."

Mami queries, "Lots of little Norrigs running around?"

SilverMoon trails off, "Honestly I don't like people monitoring my tells... but i'm belatedly replyig"

Kuzco says to Niamh, "You need to be able to fill it like me ;)"

Niamh nods very seriously to Mami.

Azarial states, "Or at ;least not at the same time as norrig."

Kinaed states to SilverMoon, "We do not monitor tells, nor will we."

Mami questions, "Fill it with a sock?"

Niamh gags.

Kinaed claims to SilverMoon, "Years ago on another version of TI, tells were monitored. The experience was sobering and not at all valuable."

SilverMoon says, "Gross"

Azarial claims, "Sausage, a la spinal tap."

Niamh trails off, "I can't imagine why filling it with a sock is more gross than filling it with a manbit, but for some reason it was..."

SilverMoon states, "I really don't want to know how many norrig's are running around somewhere."

Kuzco states, "Like, come on, I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt"

Elysaveta says, "Codpieces for everyone."

Kuzco claims, "It's so liberating"

Moonmoon asks, "Tells aren't monitored?"
SilverMoon grins.

GALAX says, "I stay far away from anything OOC here not related to game mechanics or scheduling myself too and it works well enough for me."

[Council] Marisa: I was hoping to make the meeting today, though I only have a couple hours

Niamh says to Moonmoon, "Definitely not."

SilverMoon states, "No my dear moon moon"

Mami states to Niamh, "It is the combination of both sock and manbit that is probably at issue here."

[Council] Lyana flopps

Kuzco states, "Sometimes people make single mistakes, isolated. Sometimes people just have bad days, or are ignorant or don't realise they are messing up."

Cheeky claims, "I end up feeling a bit isolated and lonely based on my personal methods of avoiding OOC drama."

Niamh gags repeatedly at Mami.
Kinaed says to Moonmoon, "No, we do not spy on players. If we have a good reason to believe someone is cheating, we may place a log on the player. In that instance we may have access to tells. Otherwise, we do not watch players at all on TI."

Elysaveta nods.

Cheeky claims, "So er, don't be like me."

Azarial claims to Niamh, "Not everyone appreciates a sock puppet at the beginning of sexy time."

Elysaveta states, "Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes. I know I have."

Kinaed asks of Moonmoon, "If a staff member snoops on you, you will get a message. Would you like a demonstration?"

SilverMoon huggles cheeky. "I try not to make you feel lonely... And that can be considered as out of context."

Elysaveta claims, "I like to think most people aren't being flagrant cheaters."

Cheeky nods at Elysaveta.

Niamh nods at Elysaveta.

Viper says, "Also. a shout out to whomever is playing Walter and bringing some spice."

Kinaed states to Elysaveta, "They're not, no. Subtle cheaters is harder to say, but like I said - I've known this pbase for a pretty long time. There are very few 'bad seeds' or people who are happy to disregard the rules for their own gain."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed states, "Most people are keen to have a good story and fun."

Elysaveta nods at Kinaed.

Moonmoon states, "Well, I'm not saying it's spying, I have worked as administration in another roleplay game, not a mud, but we have pretty constant access to everything someone does within the game in order to solve disputes. If we weren't able to keep track of what people were saying we wouldn't be able to track people breaking the rules, because players do not often report."

Kirill states, "Flagrante delicto cheaters are better."

Temi declares to Viper, "You can thank Joske for the plot going on there!"

council Yes, it's still happening. And yes, I hadn't planned on getting caught in a scene last night.

[Council] Empena: Yes, it's still happening. And yes, I hadn't planned on getting caught in a scene last night.

Kuzco queries, "I'd like to ask -- what is policy about sitting on your ass and spamming commands to pool skills? I avoid it like the plague even if for some skills there are no tutors and no other way to do it without spending OOC years"

GALAX states, "I'm a disorganized person and thus perpetually terrified that I'm accidentally cheating, so if I do something wrong I'd rather get a tap on the shoulder and know and know I'm looking sketchy."

[Council] Lyana: I was too tired to scene last night and then I wasn't, because I got distracted... again

Joske leaves in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Holly states, "I'm the same GALAX and I agree."

Moonmoon pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Kinaed claims to Moonmoon, "That's a fair consideration, and it's one we took to heart years ago. However, we didn't feel the value of catching every little thing actually outweighed the value of respecting players' privacy."

SilverMoon curls into moonmoon because she's a flirt and we all know it.

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "Players are capable of taking logs too"

Cheeky says, "I think someone already said this but maybe not holding people's past mistakes, or your negative feelings after a bad experience, against them would help a lot."

Temi claims, "We made a decision to only log risky commands"

Azarial says, "It tended to be spammy, distracting, and rarely if ever relevant to policy."

SilverMoon nods.

Moonmoon says to silver "I got it from you"

Kinaed says, "Players are capable of taking logs too. if we need something, they can usually provide it. Sometimes this isn't the case and we have been SOL - but for the respect and comfort of the pbase, those handful of cases... just not worth it to us."

Holly says, "I'm terriblly forgetful and disorganized. So having reminders or warnings if I do something wrong is helpful."
Elysaveta nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi states, "And people feel less watched. Whether that's good or not, they seem to like it, and we know we like it more ourselves."

Kirill says, "I'm ready for a trans back, I think."

Kinaed claims to Holly, "I think a lot of it is common sense."

Niamh unchains Kirill reluctantly.

SilverMoon grins

Kinaed says, "Okay - any more thoughts before I take what you all have said away and ruminate on it? Also, thank you sincerely for participating and letting us know what you think."

Holly nods. "True. And I try to be courteous to others as well so hopefully I don't step on too many toes."

Kinaed smiles at Holly.

Kuzco says, "I asked a question, but it's okay, it's not important."

Kuzco looks down and kicks a pebble, looking sad.

Kinaed questions to Kuzco, "I missed it. I sometimes do in the spam. What was it?"

Azarial states, "Spam practicing skills"

Kuzco nods at Azarial.

Kuzco claims, "What's the policy on mass solo pooling"

SilverMoon trails off, "Oh man... I know a few skills I could mass solo pool"

Kuzco says, "For skills that could well be done in company, not crafting"

SilverMoon says, "Oh, feh"

SilverMoon pouts

Holly says, "Whew."

Holly states, "I was afraid for a minute there."

GALAX questions, "Kuzco, like performance skills?"

Azarial claims, "There are bonuses to whacking your sword with another guy's, if that is included."

Viper says, "Hehehe"

say That quote should go on the forums.

Starstarfish claims, "That quote should go on the forums."

Azarial says, "Versus the trainer."

Moonmoon drinks from a large barrel of dark ale.

SilverMoon trails off, "Performing, acting... erm, singing... ... um... dancing..."

Kinaed claims, "We have code limits to prevent people from advancing faster than the game allows, so we tend not to be too concerned with 'spam', though it's in every player's best interest to RP while practicing (ie, practice with others) to maximize rewards and earn the XP required to fuel skill gain."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, thanks again everyone! I'll see you next week, I hope :)"

Cheeky waves.

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Cheeky declaims, "Recommend people!"

SilverMoon waves

Kuzco declaims, "Okay, vote on the links!"

• Information