Log of OOC Meeting - 12/22/18

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Mami waves to folks.

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Starstarfish claims, "I have something I'd like to discuss."

Kuzco declaims, "Me too!"

Cheeky states, "I have a question/request as well."

Mami is on a little phone screen, will probably not be super verbose.

Kinaed states, "Nice! I have you all down in the order you spoke up. Please pre-type the introduction to your topics so it's ready when you're called upon."

Kinaed smiles at Mami.

Kirill says, "I have a reminder to share, whenever it's convenient."

Kinaed states, "Okay, kicking off Staff Updates - last week, I passed out a lot of stuff on my plate, held a staff meeting, got some answers to players, and pretty much chickened out on everything after that."

Kinaed says to Kirill, "Got you"

Kirill begins to count their money.

Kirill places a single gold coin into a black velvet beltpouch secured with a looped golden chain.

Kinaed says, "On my plate - Jail Automation and new Warrants. Temi has Turf Wars."

Kinaed states, "That's all for me - Azarial, you're up. (If Az is okay, I think Az is/was a bit indisposed a few minutes ago)"

Azarial claims, "It has been a slow week for me; just a few typos and quick patch fixes."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "Hoping it;s not going to be a black christmas. <_<"

Cheeky wonders, "I'm not familiar, does that refer to black ice?"

Starstarfish states, "The change to get rid of bank lockers seems a big thing."

Azarial claims, "Ashes."

Azarial claims, "We've had fire weather"

Kinaed trails off, "When I look at changes, I see some refinement of the plot system... we've removed the new sale of lockers..."

Cheeky states, "Eep."

Kinaed says, "Note that we are not getting rid of existing lockers, we've stopped selling new ones."

Starstarfish muses, "Can I ask what went into that decision?"

Azarial says, "And a whole mess of fresh soldiers that don;t know to not throw their butts out the window as they drive around."

MrDowntempo asks, "What's the story with the lockers?"

Mami claims, "Bank lockers were always a bit of a kludge and an anachronism ime."

Kinaed questions to Starstarfish, "Sure - I'm happy to discuss that, and I posted a response about it on the forums, but can we wait until Player Topics to discuss that?"

Starstarfish nods.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Joske - you're up. :)"

Joske states, "Unfortunately I've been dealing with the plague the last week so haven't gotten much of anything done, aside from prepping some npcs for the plot I'll be running."

Kinaed smiles.

Cheeky pontificates, "Oh, I hope you're feeling better!"

Joske says, "Better than I have in the last week."

Kuzco claims to Joske, "Get better, man"

Kinaed hugs Joske, "May you feel fit as a fiddle for Christmas."

Joske chuckles "Thanks."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, next on the agenda - Player Heartbeat! How was the game this week, folks?"

Kuzco claims, "It was pretty good! Lots of stuff to do."

Kinaed queries, "Is RP going well?"

Cheeky says, "I've been having a great time lately, and I'm extremely grateful to everyone who helped or participated in the Yule masquerade and gift exchange as well as all the RP threads I've been chasing before, through and after it."

MrDowntempo states, "Mines been pretty okay "

Kirill declares, "The Masquerade was awesome. Thanks for hosting!"

MrDowntempo exclaims, "Very fun event!"

Starstarfish says, "Hmm, I've had a bit of a struggle about wrapping up some plot lines that sort of went poof when the people in them did."

Kinaed says, "If you haven't dropped a recommend for the Masquerade, since it seems people enjoyed it, please consider doing so. If you have, thank you for taking the time to recognize and promote people who take the time out of their lives to run events for others on TI. It's appreciated."

Kinaed comforts Starstarfish.

MrDowntempo claims, "That reminds me, I have a question about recommendations"

Kinaed queries to MrDowntempo, "?"

MrDowntempo states, "I think I got notified that one of my recommendations went through. I believe it was my recommendation of Calanthe for the masquerade. But I also posted some similar ones and I don't have a way to see if they've gone through or not, and/or why"

Joske states, "We do not have any active recommends at this moment"

Cheeky declares, "Sidebar: Thank you for the recommend! <3"

Kuzco says, "Fully deserved, girl"

Kinaed claims to MrDowntempo, "May be an overlook in the system design. If you post a request on the forums to have something like that added, we can look to it. As it is, if you want to know a list right now, please drop a request to staff. We can tell you which ones we can see - however, once one is processed, it disappears from the queue for us as well, which means rejected ones won't be visible. It's either accepted and you're notified, rejected and you're notified, or pending."

Starstarfish says, "I do wish sometimes it kept your recommendations for others."

Kinaed trails off, "Or... looks like Az just checked :)"

Azarial says, "No; joske did."

MrDowntempo says, "Ok, I'll make a post there afterwards, thanks"

Kinaed claims, "Oops, Joske. Sorry, I scrolled it off my own screen with my wall of text."

MrDowntempo claims, "I may have just missed the notifications"

Kinaed nods at MrDowntempo.

Joske claims, "If a recommend is rejected, you'll receive a personal board note... otherwise it likely was approved."

Kinaed says, "Which is why the idea that we should put some sort of list showing what's pending, processed, etc, might be a good idea. :)"

Kinaed nods at Joske.

Joske asks, "Don't they get a single qp when it is accepted, thus notifying them?"

Azarial claims, "That might be missed in tbe login spam"

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's pop over to Player Topics :)"

Cheeky states, "If you're logged in when something is approved you get a whitetext notification, which I know I've missed with travel spam and so on."

Kinaed asks of Starstarfish, "You're up first - please introduce us to your topic?"

Starstarfish says, "I've noticed there was recently a change in the display to Metrics for those in Guilds, and I'd like to ask about that. Is that an actual change or just telling us information we hadn't seen before? And just discuss some concerns with Metrics in general."

Azarial states, "Informatiuon that was not clear or acceissble before"

Kinaed states, "I'm not sure, I haven't seen the changes."

Kinaed claims, "I've just been told that a line was added in City Report for people in a guild to help them know which metrics they can direct their influence to."

Kinaed checks it out.

Starstarfish wonders, "So what does that actually mean? What Metric raises when the other is lowered? How were the opposites decided?"

Azarial states, "Those are the metricsd that benefit the guild when the one is raised, or the other is lowered."

Kirill claims, "I think they're the metrics that influence the money the guild makes."

Kinaed states, "The opposites were decided by a staff member responsible for their design; then approved by me."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill says, "So when the supported metric is high, the guild makes more money. When the opposed metric is low, the guild makes more money."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill claims, "So it's like a recommendation of what to support/subvert to benefit the guild, but you don't have to do that."

Kuzco questions, "Can I politely inquire the reasoning for the introduction of negative metrics?"

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "We wanted to add a bit of conflict and felt that the system wasn't balanced with the Reeves/Thieves fighting over a metric, and the Order/all mages fighting over another, and all others unopposed."

Kinaed queries, "Any other questions?"

Kirill claims, "Probably, a blurb needs to be added to the helpfile to explain the new guild metrics line in city report."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "I'll typo that, thank you :)"

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Mami states, "Agreed. I have minimal context for this convo."

Kinaed finishes her note.

Starstarfish wonders, "Looking at the builds for some of the assets some things are more subtle than that, or so I imagine. Likw how a bawdy house asset is considered anti Piety. Ultimately, Metrics isn't affected by the number of people who participate, correct?"

Kinaed questions to Mami, "Are you familiar with the City Report, City Metrics, and City Council voting?"

Kuzco pontificates, "Well lol, I hope no one had bought a level 3 asset for a metric they must now oppose!"

Mami claims to Kinaed, "Intimately. Or at least I was 6-9 months ago as Margaux."

Mami claims, "Anyway, not keen to bog down the convo on my low info. :)"

Kirill claims, "The overall number of people using the system doesn't matter, AFAIK. It's proportional within that number."

Kinaed claims to Starstarfish, "I didn't understand everything you just said, so I'll try to respond as best I can. Looking at the builds for assets - yes, people have individual interests and can influence the way counci members and others place their resources. People can also sell their assets and re-arrange them if they want to, to a degree. If people have assets that are now opposing, please contact staff. I'll add it to staff talking points to discuss how we might approach fixing that up."

Kinaed questions, "Regarding metrics being affected by number of participants... I don't understand what you're getting at. Please clarify?"

Starstarfish claims, "That it's like say ... Gambits or Bids or Noble Projects where the number of people directly participating has an affect on the system."

Azarial says, "Noble projects are affected by how much IP is injected into them."

Kirill states, "It's a zero sum game. So everything is weighted against each other. Whatever metrics get the most support, no matter how many people participate, receive the most benefit, is how I understand it, with equal negative adjustments to zero out the balance."

Azarial states, "One person can spend a fortune and make it happen."

Azarial claims, "Gambits are weighted, so it's more who participates than how many."

Kirill claims, "Gambits are weighted by whether or not you're in the guild, whether you're noble, etc."

Kirill nods.

Starstarfish queries, "So just as a general thought, what's behind Metrics as a collective not working the same? IE - how RP wise or socially is everyone's vote "equal" in that regards? When in most other instances of coded systems that represent social power, they aren't?"

Kirill claims, "Nobles and council members, GLs, get a free vote."

Kirill says, "Everyone else has to pay 5 IP to participate."

Kirill states, "So that may affect -who- participates."

Kirill states, "But once you do vote, your vote counts as much as anyone else's."

Kinaed says, "The "vote" isn't a vote per se. It's people putting their weight and influence towards their interests. Yes, powerful people are weighted to have easier access and influence, but even people with lesser social power *can* sneak in to represent their interests if they're accumulating IP (ie, social power)"

Kinaed queries, "As Seneschal, you should have some ability to 'city forecast'?"

Kinaed says, "You can then see who has put forth their views thus far, and ICly approach them to engage."

Kinaed states, "It's completely valid for people's personal interests to run counter to their guild's."

Kinaed muses, "Any other queries or thoughts on this topic before we move to the next person?"

Kuzco claims, "Not right now."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "I think the silence means you're up :)"

Kuzco pushes hair behind his ear: "I have maxed all stats and almost all skills. I have a huge amount of unspent XP. I'd like to know what I can do with it or if I'd just accept I've maxed the char and let the XP accrue."

Joske says, "New character"

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "For the most part, I'd say you've maxed the character - sorry! - and can now start building up an alt if you'd like."

Kirill states, "New alt, yeah."

Kuzco nods slowly: "Thanks. I don't play alts. Yet."

Kinaed states, "If you have ideas for how we can make maxed out characters better, please do post them on the forums :)"

Kuzco says, "Alright, thanks."

Kinaed wonders to Cheeky, "Okay, you're up. :) What's your topic?"

Cheeky declares, "Thank you!"

Cheeky claims, "I don't want to sound ungrateful, as I believe Staff are doing a great job keeping up with player demands and game projects. Lately it has felt like a lot of things happen without announcements or forewarning, sometimes with issues that need to be fixed, and I've found it can be a jarring experience. It's lead to a lot of the same visnet questions that can sometimes go unanswered for a while, or have incomplete information, and that shifts my personal attitude from anticipation ("Ooh, new thing!") to apprehension ("Ack, what happened to X, where's the information on it?")."

Cheeky says, "Could we get clearer communication on additions, updates etc.? I think among other things it will help the playerbase be more helpful with searching out and reporting any issues, too."

Kinaed wonders, "Examples?"

Cheeky claims, "Led*"

Cheeky claims, "Hm! The change in metric information, lockers being phased out, changes to NPCs."

Kirill declares, "Changes to NPCs recently to prep to allow them to ride mounts. Had no idea what that was about in help news, and my NPCs were vanishing and dropping items all over the place. That was pretty jarring!"

Starstarfish says, "Plots when they were in transition and folks didn't know what worked or what didn't. "

Kirill claims, "There were a ton of plot questions on visnet, yeah. I couldn't help out with any of them, since I don't engage that system often."

Kinaed claims, "I don't really know what to say because I need examples. Right now, the value chain for decisions is: 1) we get an idea or a player request, etc, 2) staff discuss it, 3) we may or may not discuss it with players depending on the nature of the change, 4) we put the change on the bug board for implementation, 5) the change is implemented and posted to the Login Sequence, 6) we hold an OOC Chat weekly to discuss changes."

Kinaed claims, "I wasn't around for a lot of the plot stuff, so apologies. I think that was implemented with unexpected bugs coming out of the works."

Kirill claims, "And lots of frustration around changes to write lately. It doesn't seem like that was specc'd out beforehand, so it's been a real rollercoaster for folks if visnet is any indication."

Kinaed claims, "Write received what was supposed to be an under the hood only update."

Kinaed says, "Ie, we didn't expect top side effects - or I didn't, at least. Sometimes things go wrong and we get bugs when we fix things."

Kirill says, "Adding a polca introduces a whole interface to players. That's definitely not under the hood only."

Kinaed claims, "And there's really nothing we can do about that at all."

Kinaed claims, "Well, that wasn't discussed with me, so I can't speak on that."

Kinaed states, "Or maybe it was regarding notes, but not write."

Kinaed claims, "So I'll chat with Az about that. But still, a good portion of the problems people have had are bugs."

Cheeky says, "I didn't intend to focus on specific changes, personally, only to address the general idea that there seems to be a bigger gap between changes and dissemination of information to the playerbase."

Kinaed says, "Which are unanticipated problems with new code that we can't do anything about."

Cheeky nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kinaed states, "It's probably because I'm not around."

Kinaed says, "Usually, for large code changes and roll outs, staff meet together and discuss rollotu."

Kinaed claims, "Without my being around actively, I don't know which changes are on the horizon to say 'Hey, we may need to do X, Y, and Z around these upcoming changes'"

Kirill claims, "None of this has been really shitting me personally, but I catch a lot of questions on visnet. I hate to see folks frustrated over changes, especially with questions I can't answer."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

MrDowntempo says, "I wonder if maybe it would be helped if players who are dealing with issues with new changes, could consolidate their experiences on a disscusion on the forumes. Then we could quickly point to that discussion when visnet gets repeat issues"

Kinaed states to MrDowntempo, "Sure can."

Cheeky claims, "Shift happens! Is there something we can do to help? For example, I'm reluctant to post on the General board instead of leaving it to Staff, but if it wouldn't bother you I (or whomever seems to know) could post for others, then Staff could update.."

Cheeky says, "Oh, or sure, forums too. Though I think in game resolves the issue faster."

Kirill claims, "Az doesn't read the forums, however, so need to be careful about making sure bugs still get reported."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Azarial states, "Bugs need to be reported in game, with logs."

Azarial states, "Help how to report a bug"

Azarial says, "Complaining on the channels, forum, or discord won;t get anything fixed. I am generally not watching any of that anymore for medical reasons."

MrDowntempo nods, "I was mentioning the forums, more as a place to discuss temporary work arounds, and for its ability to have a large discussion shared easily by way of URL. Wasn't meaning to say it was a replacement for a bug report."

Kinaed states, "Okay, here's a few things - it sounds like players were having a tough time this week with changes."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed says, "I'm usually the coordinator who has the gut sense for when a change will impact the pbase poorly, and mobilizes that staff to handle the change in a way that doesn't hit people unexpectedly. I've been away."

Kuzco claims, "Write is a bit of a mess right now -- I just add extended descs to work around it"

Kinaed claims, "So when things go bad, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, even if I'm not around. Email to Kinaed.ti@gmail.com is the best way to reach me."

Cheeky declares, "If something crops up and it isn't something staff can immediately answer or get to, is it okay for players to post a general board note? Like, 'Hey everyone, writing on paper doesn't seem to take new keywords right now, there's a bug report in and a forum thread here (URL)!'"

Kinaed queries, "Why not just post it on the bug board to all?"

Kuzco nods.

Cheeky states, "Well... my bug notes are very explicit."

Cheeky pontificates, "Joking. No, I wouldn't have thought of that!"

Kinaed states, "That way everyone can see the bugs posted, add to them - it might help Az stop having to triple handle individual bugs. Really, only mages have much of a reason to make their bugs private"

Cheeky states, "I'm used to posting to Staff only. But yes, that works just as well."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, make a bug private if it has private IC info, but otherwise, please do post bugs to all"

Cheeky nods.

Kinaed says, "Meanwhile, I'll talk with staff about what we can do either in my absence, etc, to make sure that we're handling communciations to players better."

Kirill claims, "That sounds super spammy. >_>"

Kinaed states, "And if something is going wrong, please contact me directly."

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Nah, you can just skip the bugboard and 'note catchup' if you don't want to read bugs"

Kirill says, "We get notified every time a note is posted."

Kinaed claims, "We don't get 25 bug notes a day."

Kirill claims, "And every time a note is edited."

Kinaed claims, "We don't edit bug notes very often at all, other than when we're closing them."

Kinaed states, "I suppose we can look at a note spam toggle."

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, we're near the top of the hour and have at least two more topics. Everyone okay to stick around? If not, I can send you back, but I'm happy ot keep going"

Kinaed claims, "Sorry I lost track of time."

MrDowntempo nods.

Starstarfish says, "I'm happy to stay."

Kirill states, "Mine's just a quick announcement, not a topic."

Cheeky declares, "Sure, and thanks for addressing my question so thoroughly! :)"

Kinaed claims, "So right now, solution as it stands: Kinaed is going to talk to staff about how we can improve our communication around changes, specifically looking at what happened with write and plots. Players are going to contact Kinaed when things are going pear shaped, players will also post bugs to all unless there is private IC info in them, and staff will add a toggle so that people can turn off seeing when boards are posting notes."

Kinaed questions to Kirill, "Okay, why don't you make your quick announcement? :)"

Kirill declares, "Just a reminder that I'll be holding an ST next Sunday, starting around 2-3pm server: The Forgotten Lyre! You can check out the hook with STORY REVIEW 126. If you're into catacomb-diving for lost artifacts, this ST is for you! There will be excitement, danger, and shiny rewards!"

Kinaed cheers.

Kinaed says to Kirill, "Thank you so much for running so many awesome plots."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I guess that brings us back around to discussing lockers."

Kirill states, "I'm looking forward to it! Will be following up with staff later this week to make sure all my ducks are in a row."

MrDowntempo states, "Now that I can't have one, I want one"

Cheeky grins.

MrDowntempo states, "C'est la vie"

Kinaed claims, "So back in the day, lockers were created as a cheap way for players who did not have phomes to store stuff. To get around issues like TI not being a static game at the time, the locker was a container object that people logged out of the game with, hence storing all of the objects on their pfile."

Azarial claims, "This was before the world was completely static, too."

Kinaed claims, "This has distinct advantages and disadvantages - for example, because a locker key isn't actually a key as it's represented in game, they were made unstealable because stealing a key was actually stealing the whole locker."

Kinaed says, "This meant that it created something like your D&D bag of holding."

Kinaed says, "Fair enough as a solution at the time, but over the years, we changed. TI became static, so you could drop items into a room, the game would crash, and they'd still be there when you got back."

Kinaed says, "TI changed so that we had more disk space on new servers, so that objects could safely remain in game - to a point."

Kinaed claims, "Lockers became more and more contentuous because they're perfect storage. Knights and Reeves can only access them when a players is online, with their full knowledge, by dragging them physically ot the bank."

Kinaed states, "Meanwhile, we started having problems with people using retainers as bag-of-holding storage as well."

Kuzco states, "Lol"

Starstarfish says, "Or killing them and taking the key."

Kuzco states, "Put your mage item in your mob, then store the mob in your locker"

Kinaed says, "So we had a note on Staff Talking Points that said something about 'how do we stop players from storing their entire phome on their pet canary' or something."

Kinaed says, "And we went down eliminating all of the naughty storage places that aren't realistic or proper game design. Lockers came up during that as an old hack."

Kinaed says, "And we knew removing them wouldn't be popular, but we've long ago given players free phomes, so everyone can put their stuff in their phome if they want."

Kinaed claims, "So staff discussed it, proposed three options, and voted. The staff vote, non-unanimous - was to remove the sale of new lockers, but to leave existing ones in game."

Kinaed claims, "The change was made, and players were alerted in the news section of the game."

Kinaed states, "So that's pretty much what happened there. Happy to take questions or discuss further now."

Cheeky claims, "My question is actually just about the unique number that locker "keys" have."

Kuzco queries, "Okay, that's reasonable... and what about mobs not having any inventory? That's temporary?"

Cheeky asks, "Is there any way to use that code to make it so keys for crafted containers can be unique?"

Kuzco states, "I think that code is related to your player handle"

Mami is idle.

Starstarfish queries, "That's sort of my related question: What are the other current options craft wise or QP wise to have lockable secure containers?"

Kuzco states, "The one that shows when you roll stuff, that only you can see"

Azarial claims, "No; locker key numbers are simply a string. keys for containers require a seperate vnum to work."

Kinaed states, "Human retainers can hold up to 20 objects, but aren't allowed to wear containers. Non-human retainers can hold one object at a time (as they have no hands)."

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "But horses now can only have one of: horse shoes or saddles"

Azarial states, "We don't have a good spec for player crafted locks and keys that bypass the vnum requirements."

Azarial states, "They should be able to wear them once handed over."

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "They should be able to hold an object, wear it, be handled the next object, and wear that too."

Kuzco claims to Azarial, "This doesn't seem to be the case."

Cheeky nods at Azarial.

Kuzco claims, "I tried last night."

Kinaed states, "That sounds like a bug re-animals."

Kinaed states, "So please bug that one."

Kuzco nods.

MrDowntempo states, "Are there any plans to eventually implement a version of lockers that don't have the problems of the former implementation? There are some benefits to an IC locker over an IC phome. In that some characters may not have a reason to have a phome. I can also imagine some guilds issuing something like lockers. (they'd be great in barracks for example)"

MrDowntempo says, "Also, I'd really like for there to be some sort of saddlebag container for mounts"

Kuzco states, "Lockers are good if you're taking your char on a long vacation and you'll lose your home due to not paying taxes"

Kirill claims, "Your guild can purchase containers from PCs and request board to have them made notake and have locks added."

Cheeky says, "I do wish retainers and mounts were allowed containers but I understand it's an issue of 'free' and arguably safe(r) storage."

Kinaed says to MrDowntempo, "That was one of the options staff rejected because we didn't want to spend the coding time on it. Long term, yes we can probably create persistent lockers in the bank that people can buy - and leae their stuff in game, as a potentially pilferable place."

Kinaed says, "As for crafters getting things secured, as I understand it, merchants can make lockable containers. Staff may also sell some as furniture, but I'd have to check that. NO CONTAINER in game is intended to be 100% secure."

Kinaed claims, "That's one of the reasons lockers and retainer-as-household-storage had to go."

MrDowntempo nods.

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed says, "Also note that if you put stuff on a pet, it can be taken by anyone walking by, no fight."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed states, "So store your life's goods in a saddlebag at your own risk."

say So what happens to all of the stuff in lockers now? IE - if people are logging out with them, I assume they don't get swept up like phome close outs from inactivity.

Starstarfish claims, "So what happens to all of the stuff in lockers now? IE - if people are logging out with them, I assume they don't get swept up like phome close outs from inactivity."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Do hillmen and charali count as animals codedly"

Kinaed claims to Starstarfish, "Nothing. People who have lockers will retain their lockers."

Kinaed coughs into her hand instead of answering Kuzco.

Azarial states, "They have hands, so they can carry more than a dog."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Point."

Cheeky asks, "But can they wear saddles and be mounted?"

Kirill questions, "You can take things from mobs that don't belong to you? Or do you mean steal?"

MrDowntempo says, "Cheeky, you're thing of Vavvers"

Azarial says, "Incap said mob, and take should work, last I checked."

Joske wonders, "So what I'm hearing is that it needs to be law to cut off hands of hillman and charali, so that they are in the proper place in society?"

Kinaed questions, "Just a note - some questions were flying pretty quickly there and my screen scrolled a lot. Have I failed to answer any questions or concerns?"

Joske blinks innocently

Kinaed coughs.

Kirill muses, "Kinaed said without a fight. So you can steal from mobs, then, but not just take stuff using the take command unless they're incapacitated?"

Kinaed states, "As I understand it, retainers will not fight if you use the take command to remove objects from them."

Kinaed claims, "Steal is not necessary for retainers - but I don't believe you can use take on mobs."

Starstarfish trails off, "That seems ..."

Starstarfish asks, "You mean things in their inventory or their clothes?"

Kirill asks, "So you have to steal to take things from their inventory but you can take to remove anything they're wearing?"

Azarial says, "There might be some wires crossed on 'take'"

Kinaed claims, "Either, the take command works on them similarly how it works on an incapacitated PC."

Kirill headscratches.

Kinaed claims, "I don't think you need to steal from retainers. Retainers are a special type of mob."

Kuzco looks at Kirill's retainers... and grins.

Kinaed says, "I'll check with Az to make sure it's streamlined and as expected."

Kirill bares his teeth at Kuzco.

Kinaed says, "But basically, storing things on retainers is not a safe place."

Starstarfish says, "I feel like given the RP potential consequences of randomly stripping people without permission that possibly should be looked at, that's just me though."

Cheeky claims, "I do feel that makes retainers less human than they ought to be in the IC 'reality' of the world, but I mention that for discussion's sake."

Kinaed claims, "I'm certain if a person tries to take a shirt off a retainer with their noble in the room, things will get interesting."

Kuzco says, "Big inmersion breaking, yeah."

Kuzco claims, "I mean this might make people strip bodyguards off their gear before attacking the PC"

Kinaed says, "I don't agree. For the most part, retainers place in the game is when their PC is right there handling them."

Kinaed says, "If they're idle outside of a scene, that's when they're vulnerable."

Cheeky says, "NPC mobs must be stolen from using the code, so that there's risk to the PC stealing."

Kuzco scratches his head.

Kinaed claims, "NPCs are usually around on grid when no PCs are, and they're generally not owned."

Kuzco states, "Sounds like we're gonna have a few interesting policy cases unfortunately."

Kuzco says, "(don't mean to sound snobbish, I'm thinking aloud)"

Azarial states, "I am fairly certain we have some wires crossed on 'take'/"

Kuzco states, "Electricity is magery."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed claims, "Fair enough."

Azarial claims, "I write the spells."

Kuzco pulls his big bad scepter from his waist.

Kuzco pontificates, "Anyways, that's all from me!"

Kinaed asks, "So anything else before we wrap up for the day?"

Kinaed states, "We're about 20 minutes over the OOC Chat time. My spouse is demanding I go eat breakfast with the family (I'm visiting my father-in-law's for the holidays)"

Kirill waves.

Kuzco states, "Oh badass, eat well"

MrDowntempo throws his fist in the air, "INFRASTRUCTURE SUCKS!"

Kuzco declares, "Please recommend each other, vote links, tip your bards!"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks so much for your time, folks. Happy to take further discussion on the forums or in the next OOC Chat when we meet again."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Cheeky declaims, "Don't forget we might get more visitors next week!"

Cheeky claims, "For the, um.. MUD run... reddit thing."

Kinaed says, "Also, we're December's Reddit Let's Mud winner, so please feel free to go there and support us on that thread :)"

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kinaed states, "I'll make a sincere effort to be around and helpful too."

Kinaed waves.

MrDowntempo states, "I hope that turns out as cool as it sounds"

Cheeky waves.

Kinaed nods at MrDowntempo.

Kinaed exclaims, "Have a great day everyone!"

Kinaed declares, "Happy holidays!"

• Information