Log of OOC Meeting - 12/1/18

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Myrella

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Temi claims, "Okay, it's about time we want to go ahead and get started."

Kirill claims, "I've got a topic to raise for someone else in their absence, so please put me down on the list."

Kirill states, "And for my own topic, further down on the list, if there's time."

Temi gives a plush orphan doll dressed up in an oversize Reeve uniform to Sparkles.

Temi queries, "Okay, to start off, can we get a volunteer to scribe for us today?"

Temi gives a plush orphan doll dressed up in an oversize Reeve uniform to Kipperonie.

Temi says, "This just entails logging the meeting and posting it up on the forums for those who couldn't be here, and earning some QP for it."

Temi queries, "No one?"

Tengu ponders.

Kipperonie raises a plush orphan doll dressed up in an oversize Reeve uniform saying, "Oi they'a maites. Bloimey, I got me some casus to do, gov'nah!"

MrDowntempo states, "I'll do it"

Temi declares to MrDowntempo, "Thank you!"

Temi asks, "Alright. Our agenda for today, as usual, is: 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, and then 3) Player Topics. Does anyone else have any topics to get on our list to start with?"

Kipperonie says, "I've got a topic. A really weird one, but one that's getting a little confusing."

Temi nods at Kipperonie.

Temi states, "Okay, sounds good. Let me know if anyone else comes up with any they want to include"

Temi trails off, "So then, staff updates. I'll start since I'm already talking..."

Kirill questions, "Were my topics registered?"

Temi nods at Kirill.

Kirill thumbs up.

Temi claims, "I've made some progress on the generics for tailoring so that I can add new items for resources."

Temi claims, "But I ran into a weird problem I had to figure out that slowed me down a bit. Hoping to finish that up and add the new ones this weekend."

Temi claims, "But that's all so far... we'll see how this next week goes. Always a crazy time of year."

Temi asks, "Az?"

Azarial claims, "I've been working on a few minor bugs as they crop up, otherwise I've been focused on trying to finish up the plot revamp. I'm still chasing down a subtle crash bug as well."

Temi claims, "Thanks for everyone's patience while we get plots transferred over. We know it's confusing in the meantime, but we think it will be a lot more clear in the end."

Temi trails off, "Checking the change notes..."

Azarial claims, "They should be mostly usable at this stage"

Temi trails off, "We've been a bit slower about getting stuff documented given the time of year... I see some new spells, that may have already been announced..."

Temi states, "Other than that, looks like mainly little bug fixes"

Temi queries, "Anything else you wanted to add, Az?"

Azarial states, "I've been updating syntax as I go."

Tasker muses, "Is there any new mage stuff still in the pipeline?"

Azarial states, "Yes"

Tengu sits down and rests.

Temi says, "The spells I mentioned are probably not fully documented yet, so that's still pipeline"

Azarial claims, "One is, one isn;t, at the alst I touched their files."

Temi claims, "And there's always bugs still waiting for implementation, some of which will be mage-related"

Alessa is idle.

Temi nods.

Temi muses, "Okay, Joske?"

Joske clears his throat "This week I took care of a few requests here and there, tried to keep the request list neat and tidy. However beyond that I've been working on the details for a plot I intend to run sometime soon."

Temi says, "Something for folks to look forwards to.. or fear, depending on your disposition, I suppose."

Temi grins.

Joske says, "Likely a mixture of the two depending on one's perception"

Temi queries, "Anything else you wanted to add?"

Joske states, "Nothing at this moment."

Kirill states to Joske, "Thanks for your help with prepping my ST! Niamh did approve the room addition, but the note was targeted."

Elysaveta is idle.

Temi muses, "Okay then.. it's all you guys, now. How's RP this week, folks?"

Kuzco states, "Pretty good."

Kipperonie states, "Swank."

Tasker claims, "Slow for me this week"

MrDowntempo claims, "Been Ok"

Kuzco says, "I'm working on pumping up the bard life, got new seekers and a returning player."

Tengu pontificates, "Been pretty good!"

Kipperonie says, "Kuzco, you better continue to be really good at doing what you do."

Kipperonie says, "Or so help me."

Kuzco says, "But with so many areas that the bards must oversee, it's a bit overwhelming at times."

Kuzco smiles.

Sparkles states, "I've had some different and interesting scenes."

Tengu states, "Meeting a buncha' people, having fun with this strange new land."

Tengu states, "For the most part it's been quite funl."

Kipperonie states, "Glad to hear that, Tengu! It's always fun seeing new people around."

Yves states, "Its been a little slow here but thats mostly been my fault due to RL and things."

Kieran claims, "As for me, there's been a few promising things simming lately, can't really wait to rp then :)"

Kieran claims, "Them*"

Temi questions, "Sounds pretty promising in general, with some slow spots for people... is that just due to RL or anything staff should know about?"

Yves states, "I do like the fact that the Physicians have such active leadership assigning tasks and I hope to try and keep up with that. I'm hoping things will pick up a bit soon. Which they might."

Tengu states, "Well actually, that reminds me."

Kipperonie trails off, "Hm. There've been a few that have been DC'ing during scenes due to bad connection or something. But that seems to be pretty much OOC factors. That's really the only slowness I can think of, and that's outside of people's control..."

Tengu asks, "Been seeking Merchants lately, but apparently I came in at a bad time for that?"

Temi gives a plush orphan doll dressed up in an oversize Reeve uniform to Dusty.

Tengu claims, "Was actually gonna be talking with someone about that."

Kirill states, "I was hoping there'd be more interest in noble applications."

Temi claims, "I do think the merchant GL hasn't been very active and there's a gambit going on, so hopefully it should be adjusting"

Temi says, "We did receive a couple general idea applications I replied to and nevr received follow-up"

Kipperonie states, "Yeah, Tengu. Actually, the newbie I've been trying to keep in the game has had that as a major hangup, not being able to get into the guild... Or really see a representative."

Temi states, "So I don't know if those people changed their minds or just haven't had time"

Cheeky claims, "I have felt a bit stymied in some RP but I can't say with confidence that the majority isn't just my perception of the truth."

Yves states, "I lost my noble due to inactivity and a lack of interest in playing her personality type....but I might try another type of noble."

Temi claims, "If the GL is inactive, which will swap tonight, they should be able to get in without the GL, with the proper sponsors"

Tengu says, "That's kind of an issue I had with the last leader as a previous character, too. Weren't very active(or if they were, they were busy with other things) and it left me feeling confused about what exactly I was suppsoed to do."

Tengu says, "Though that might have been my fault"

Sparkles states, "I've had the same trouble, more than once people DCing and not coming back, and sometimes it makes it hard to not feel like the time spent waiting is a bit wasted. I know folks have RL troubles."

MrDowntempo claims, "I've had similar experiences with seekers lately which I found odd. "

Temi wonders, "All on the merchants, or other guilds?"

Cheeky wonders, "What do you mean, MrDT?"

Kipperonie muses, "Yeah... The Merchant seekers seem to be having a rough go... Is there anything that can be done to help them out with the peculiar situation?"

Tasker states, "Been trying to interview this one dood for a while now, but each time we get into a scene he drops link :<"

Kipperonie states, "From what I've seen, it's mainly the Merchants."

Kuzco says, "I feel like just making a merchant alt solely to fill some craft spots that are urgently lacking. No rp, no nada, just craft."

MrDowntempo claims, "Same dood Tasker is talking about. If he doesn't drop link, he cuts the scene really short."

Yves claims, "Guys I would like to apologize. I sometimes am guilty of disconnecting due to my internet being absolutely awful. Sometimes I get fed up fighting with it for a while. Another thing and please don't hate me. I play the grand magnate and I have felt VERY overwhelmed with all I need to do regarding her. I'll happily have her step down if you think that would be best. I thought I could do it but...no."

Kuzco states to Yves, "Aww"

Tengu states, "No ill will, man. From what I hear, guild leadership is... not easy at all."

Temi says, "If you can't handle the position, it's best to step down, though if you just need more support from your guild for certain things, feel free to ask them."

Tengu states, "ANd I think plenty of us can relate to taking on a responsibility that we thought we could handle initially, but proved to be way too much."

Temi says, "Best to not just let things linger and avoid them though"

Kipperonie says, "Erk. Didn't mean to be mean. Was mainly asking for guidance on how to help seekers with RP."

Kuzco states to Yves, "It's all cool hun, but if you feel overwhelmed/overstressed perhaps you need a different role in the guild."

Kieran claims, "I personally have some stuff to do IC with the merchants, so I'm carefully following how it's going."

Yves nods. "And you weren't mean Kipperonie. I needed to get that off my chest."

Cheeky states, "I've been thinking about recent issues surrounding various GLs, and wondering about putting together some sort of handbook to help out."

Kirill says, "I will be honest: if someone drops link with me and leaves me waiting for half an hour or longer, and doesn't pboard me with some context when they get back, I'm not likely to seek out RP with that person again."

Alessa says, "I'm sorry that you have felt so overwhelmed. :("

Cheeky states, "A collection of wisdom from past GLs and so on."

Temi states, "I'm sure advice from others who have been successful would be appreciated by at least some"

Kuzco looks at Cheeky: "Oh yeah?"

Tengu says, "That sounds like a fine idea."

Kuzco lists advice: "Never tithe, donate to the arts instead."

Kuzco nods sagely.

Kipperonie queries, "Maybe a helpfile, rather than a book?"

Kipperonie claims, "It'd be more accessible to newbies, that way."

Cheeky says, "I think help files already exist."

Cheeky says, "But it's more technical advice."

Yves states, "I'll keep that in mind Kirill, and remember to pboard when it happens at least."

Cheeky says, "If it's short enough for help files, I'd gladly submit it but I think it'll probably end up on the forums or something. I guess I'll see what comes of the project! But if you've got suggestions for what it should include, or even questions you wish you had answers too, I'd appreciate the assistance."

Temi wonders, "Anyway, anything else shitting anyone that staff ought to know about? Or should we move on?"

Kirill claims, "I love the idea, Cheeky."

Tengu pontificates, "Me too!"

Kipperonie states, "Nice idea."

Kuzco states, "I think I have something about that."

Kuzco claims to Temi, "Hold on a sec"

Kuzco rolls up his sleeves and places his fists on his hips; the sleeves roll down again: "I would like to remind people once again that while rumors exist codedly and everyone is free to share them (though doing so for free doesn't sound very smart), addressing bards on rumors is a much richer experience. They usually know more than what a particular rumor talks about, and it brings everyone rp."

Kipperonie states, "Agreed. Bard RP around rumors is not only cheaper, but more fun."

Kuzco claims, "As in, there is a bard in front of you, address them about this or that rumor."

Kuzco nods.

MrDowntempo wonders, "Is there a formalized process for that?"

Kuzco says, "Whaddya mean son."

Temi says, "I think its just RP"

Kirill states, "It's a two-way street. There's also a lot the Bards could do to approach the various subjects of rumors."

Kuzco states, "True that."

BloodMoon queries, "I've been asking a lot of questions lately but I have one regarding rumors if I may while we're on the subject?"

Temi queries, "What's up? If it's just a quick question"

Kuzco says, "Up to Temi, she runs this orchestra."

BloodMoon muses, "I've submitted my Request for my Ic_event, about my character's entrance to Lithmore, but would I be overkilling to set up a rumor as well?"

Cheeky says, "Not at all."

Kirill states, "Not at all."

Temi states, "You might say something different in the rumor, but not a problem at all for a rumor too"

Cheeky says, "That's a good and more interactive way to let people be involved in your introduction, prior to or after actually meeting you."

Dusty has lost link.

Kipperonie states, "Tell us something juicy about your character, and it's super interactive."

BloodMoon wonders, "Good, because I keep getting these looks like, wait. You're a Baroness?"

Tengu laughs.

Kirill wonders, "Are you wearing a prestige item?"

Kirill says, "Because that helps."

Cheeky states, "You should consider getting a-"

Cheeky grins at Kirill.

Kipperonie states, "That's really down to you wearing a prestige item or having your retainers introduce you, hon."

Temi says, "Alright, that solves that, so let's continue on to player topics."

Kirill states, "Make sure it's on a piece that isn't covered, like a ring under gloves, because those don't show the P."

Sparkles says, "That might down to your outfit as folks say."

Temi questions, "Kirill, you had one for someone else?"

Kirill pontificates, "Yes! Here goes:"

Kirill wonders, "Zolin asked me to pose this question: 'Can people discuss ideas for a Lord Justiciar in general to show activity for a job that's really mostly about delegation?'"

Kirill says, "If I understood him correctly, I think he's concerned about being seen ICly as not doing much, even though he thinks he's doing plenty according to his definition of the job description, which he likened to a Police Chief or someone who primarily delegates. I know he knows he can't address the specifics around the RP, so he's looking for general advice."

BloodMoon claims, "Uh... what is a prestige item? Sorry. Quiet now"

Tengu says, "Yeah, I didn't know either."

Temi asks, "Does anyone have any suggestions for looking involved as a delegator for Zolin?"

MrDowntempo states, "Items that only nobles are allowed to wear because of sumptuary"

Kieran says, "Well, if the Police Chief is who I think (but also in general) I see nothing wrong at all in delegating. In fact, I truly appreciate it."

Kipperonie says, "(Prestige items are stuff that denote a noble, like Gold.) It's much like the GI role. You're expected to delegate. My main suggestion would be to regularly interact with the GL's, and such. Collaborating with nobles, GL's, and Gentry for fundraisers and stuff could be fun."

MrDowntempo claims, "It shows up as a P nex to people you're RPing with"

Cheeky says, "I'd like more time to give it real, sincere consideration."

MrDowntempo claims, "Check Help Sumptuary"

Kirill states, "No one is saying there's anything wrong in delegating. He's looking for advice on how to be perceived as active by people outside the Reeves, I think."

Cheeky claims, "But one general suggestion is to be more visible and interacting with the IC community at large."

Tengu claims, "Oh, so THAT'S how they show up as Prestigious."

Kuzco states, "Needs to go to parties and events, and meet nobles I think."

Sparkles states, "I think that's a struggle for a lot of 1st GLs or GLs in general where a lot of the import stuff you do is very behind the scenes. I think it's part of the general thing where people assume if you aren't in on any particular RP it clearly isn't happening."

Kuzco states, "Like police chiefs IRL, lol"

MrDowntempo states, "Rumors might help there too. Could start a rumor about how busy he is"

Cheeky states, "If you're highly active but the nobodies rarely see you, you appear to be inactive."

Kuzco nods.

Kirill claims, "It is definitely a struggle for GLs, being perceived as "active" outside their own guild."

Kipperonie claims, "Right, but that comes down to running training exercises in public, fundraisers, and attend events in full regalia. Have your underlings serve to bring RP to you where you might not get it for highly prestigious cases and stuff."

Kirill says, "Exactly as Cheeky said."

Kieran says, "I'm not really sure there is a way to do that in a particularly efficient way. If your job is to delegate and meeting with other delegators, so to speak, I think it's easy to be perceived as rather inactive."

Kuzco says, "Kipp says it right"

Kipperonie says, "Make a few rumors about what you do, too. Make it known your character is finangling around."

Temi nods.

Kirill says, "So, more than just making yourself available at the usual spot on grid."

Kirill nods.

Kipperonie asks, "Collaborate with the Bards, and have the full retinue of dudes help your public image. Maybe unveil a new fresco, statue, or fountain?"

Sparkles claims, "I think part of that might be where if we are having difficulty with people wanting to play GLs with how stressful it is, maybe we as a collective community might need to consider why. "

Temi questions, "Do you have thoughts what part of being a GL might be stressful, and how to fix that?"

MrDowntempo claims, "I don't have a solution, but it might be nice if -somehow- GLs didn't have to do QUITE so much"

Cheeky declares, "I respectfully suggest that they don't 'have' to do too much!"

Cheeky states, "Part of that coming back to delegation."

Kuzco says to Temi, "High ooc and ic expectations from your underlings and outsiders, lots of things to do, hampered personal, private rp"

Tasker claims, "An active and involved 2GL really, really, really helps. "

Kuzco pontificates, "Yeah!"

Tasker says, ", wishes he had one"

MrDowntempo claims, "But that also requires having a populated and active guild"

Kuzco states, "Changed my game"

Tasker wishes he could do emotes properly too

Kirill says, "Juggling public perception is par for the course."

Cheeky nods at Kirill.

Temi nods.

Kipperonie states, "GL'ing is really stressful. I've seen it make or break players of the game for vastly different reasons. The Order and Reeves have it rough. The rest of the guilds often struggle with a link in the chain of command being broken consistently."

Sparkles states, "I think people remembering this is meant to be a game and not an actual RL job."

Kuzco nods.

Temi queries, "That doesn't seem like it really could be code-helped? That sounds like more from other players"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco states, "Politics and public perception at it's finest."

Alessa claims, "But those issues also need to be known, too. It is difficult to help if we don't know that help is needed. And it's okay to ask and delegate."

Cheeky claims, "Regarding 'code help,' I think one thing that could be helpful across the board is to clearly define a bit more about what is and isn't kosher for various guilds."

Tengu states, "That's part of why I don't wanna lead a guild tbh. The commitment."

Alessa states, "Says the newbie"

Cheeky claims, "I fully appreciate letting new leaders put their own mark on something."

Alessa claims, "I meant..as in me being the newbie :P"

Tengu states, "I know. :P"

Sparkles says, "If I had a suggestion it might be freeing up what staff can/will help with when there's a clear lack of players who can/will do certain things."

Tengu says, "(Wouldn't be inaccurate either way tho.)"

Kipperonie claims, "But where does help from players come from, if the link in the chain remains broken? Can't quite create an alt to fill it in, and people are scared of opening applications."

Cheeky claims, "But especially if those guildleaders change often, it is hard to gain traction if your rules are constantly changing."

Kipperonie says, "I remember that being the main thing, back when I used to try and help GL players with suggestions."

Tasker says, "I can't remember how long I've been a GL for... I don't know if that's bad or good. "

Kipperonie says to Tasker "That's because you're a goodboye."

BloodMoon states, "I'll save my other questions until the end"

Temi states, "Alright.. well, I think that's some good discussion on that."

Temi queries, "We do have some other things to cover, so I'm going to move on. Kipper?"

Tasker says, "(If anyone has any interest in being the Grand Master(2GL for Knights) send me a tell or pboard and we can talk about it. Maybe we can open apps)"

Cheeky claims, "Maybe we can explore this more as part of my (hopefully not overly ambitious) handbook idea."

Kipperonie questions, "Oh! Uh, wow, you want me to bring up my subject?"

Kipperonie pontificates, "Not used to being first, if so!"

Kipperonie sweats it.

Temi claims, "You're second."

Kirill says, "Zolin was first."

Temi says, "That was just Kirill's topic."

Kirill grins.

Kipperonie trails off, "I am a VERY dumb boye. Alright, lemme get it..."

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Kipperonie muses, "VNPCs. So, ignoring them in a scene seems to be on the rise. There's some grumblings over recent and not-so-recent actions that seem dissonant with the idea that this is a loaded city with players as, essentially, the 'main characters' of their niche (Hence why we RP with them, rather than the crowd itself.)

But there are a number of instances that involve deduction where it doesn't quite make sense. IE: 'I did a sinful action at Church Square. But since a player was there to witness, along with a huge crowd, I can assume that person said it, and not the populace' type ordeals, which can really get in the way of people doing things in public and being socially reprimanded. It's even more awkward, when you set the source of the rumor to not be yourself, and the deduction is made regardless.

What is the general rule of thumb, in these cases? How would staff prefer this to be reported, if it all?"

Kipperonie claims, "I'm terrible at wording things. I hope that made sense."

Tasker pontificates, "It does get my goat when people ignore vNPC's, though sometimes it is hard to remember you do need to be aware. Perhaps certain rooms need to have like a warning or something... 'vNPC heavy room!'"

Cheeky muses, "Like, you picked your nose in an ICly huge space, and there was one other PC there, but the rumor about you picking your nose came from Joe ab Shmoe - but obviously it must have come from PC2 since vNPCs aren't 'real'?"

Tengu says, "Aye, I routinely forget."

Temi says, "If people are making leaps in logic that aren't supported given a fully populated city, do post a request board for the staff to look at"

Temi claims, "Sometimes just reminding people will help, of course"

MrDowntempo claims, "Perhaps some sort of addition to room descs or the prompt that would make people keenly aware of how many vNPCs are nearby and witnessing the RP"

Tasker states, "Ye"

Kipperonie wonders, "So, what are some good rule of thumbs, then? Like... For instance, Parties, Public Guild Meetings, and Misc Large Gatherings?"

BloodMoon declaims, "Owning up to the rumor is half the fun, I think. If you want the rumor to be anon, make it anon. Don't blame poor joe, he's just joe!"

MrDowntempo states, "I know you can kinda get an idea by looking around, but that isn't something you might expect everyone to do"

Kipperonie says to Cheeky, "Yeah, like that."

Temi questions, "Would something along with weather or whatnot make sense?"

nod temi
MrDowntempo nods at Temi.

Kipperonie questions, "That'd be nice. Maybe the ability to alter it, on your own property to reflect public parties and stuff?"

Cheeky asks, "Or added to the look around info?"

Temi says, "Theoretically, rooms could fluctuate based on standards for the room with day and night"

Kirill claims, "That's rough. My biggest pain point right now is when people RP as though they're always in a small room, and everyone can always see and hear everything around them, and hold conversations with people on opposite sides of the room, without raising one's voice."

Temi claims, "But, that's probably a bigger thing"

Cheeky nods at Kirill.

Kirill claims, "Which I guess is a slightly different though related complaint to not being mindful of vNPCs."

Kipperonie states, "Yeah, Kirill... That happens. And it's a bit of a symptom of the issue I brought up. It's similar, but somewhat separate."

Cheeky says, "A good start may just be encouraging everyone to be more spatially aware. Read descriptions more closely, check 'position', physically move to where you emote you are, etc."

MrDowntempo states, "The problem with Look Around, is it's not in your face. And I think the people that aren't respecting vNPCs aren'y likely to use look around to see if they need to. Whereas, if it's already right there in front of their face they may say, "Oh ya.. there's people around here.. I should think this through before i continue""

Kipperonie says, "I though for sure I'd frak uuuuuuuuuuppp that question. x_x"

Alessa claims, "Ooh, didn't know about look around"

Kirill claims, "Look around is AMAZING now."

Joske claims, "Only problem with that is most folks don't ever move from where they enter the room."

Temi claims, "Alright. I'll put it down on staff topics to see if we can come up with a spec on something"

Cheeky exclaims, "Which is why I'm encouraging people to be more mindful of it!"

Kuzco claims, "Newbies can always check help newbie commands"

Temi claims, "No promises on how quickly we might be able to get something out though"

Kipperonie queries, "Can I hug you, Temi?"

Tengu queries, "Look Around?"

Temi claims, "Sure."

Tengu says, "Oh shit, didn't know about htat."

Temi wonders, "Kuzco, you had something?"

Tasker moves nearer to Temi. [Tech]

Sparkles queries, "Yeah everyone just crowds around the doorway, perhaps start using join groups more?"

Kipperonie hugs the Temi, like great eucalyptus tree.

Kuzco nods.

BloodMoon states, "Well in a lot of cases, if you start to move around, you may actually move from the room. It was only very recently I learned about HALT. I just kept sitting."

Cheeky asks, "Related, I suppose... Would people find it weird if others started pointing out they're all standing like sardines?"

Kuzco supposes as he walks around with his fancy new doll: "I was wondering if the troubadours could have access to some sort of punitive code against enemies of the guild. Reeves and Order can torture or kill you, physicians can ban you from the Madison with all that entails. Thieves redlist you or send assassins. What can we bards do? Not allow you to come to the globe? Throw you ribbons and flowers to death?"

"Nay I say! Give us the power to block someone from purchasing rumors!"

Kirill says, "D'aw."

Cheeky questions, "In other words, does your action or your actual code location take precedence?"

Azarial claims, "If it leads to combat, code"

Cheeky trails off, "If I come to gut you and you're in the doorway but your action says you're across the room..."

Kipperonie claims, "I don't think Physicians have a command that lets you ban from the Madison."

Azarial says, "'finish'"

Sparkles states, "Perhaps they should."

Kirill chuckles.

Kuzco exclaims, "Still!"

Tasker says, "Just stand outside their houses playing rubbish music at all hours"

Kuzco questions, "We send Mariachi Death Squads?"

Kipperonie states, "I'd be down for things like... Banning from the Madison for Physicks, and messing around with rumors/access to the Globe for Troutadours."

Cheeky states, "I'd think the bards could wreck a reputation."

Dusty is idle.

Kirill states, "I think Bard's superpower is their ability to quash and manipulate rumors."

Tasker claims, "But, I don't think they should get a punitive thingymabog. They're not an enforcement guild."

Joske "I believe what you are looking for is Carolers, but purposefully bad carolers. Have your apprentices go to the doorsteps of your enemies and perform,

MrDowntempo says, "Moving around a room is a great feature! But it is a bit tedious to do it in every scene. Not that its complicated or anything, its just one more thing to remember to do after setting an action and bowing to nobles and all that."

Kirill claims, "I'm not sure how they'd block people from greasing random palms."

Azarial somwhat likes mariachi

Tasker states, "If they want to totally donk someone socially, I think you've already got the tools to do so. "

Kuzco states, "It's certainly not as powerful, the rumor buff"

Kieran states, "Coming from a small town, I wouldn't underestimate the power of rumors and possible shunning"

Kipperonie states, "Messing around with rumors isn't the same as banning. Just means you've been socially shamed enough to like... Pay more. Something minor, but nagging."

BloodMoon claims, "Oh, I have a tiny topic if there's time"

Kuzco says, "I feel like many people can do what we bards can do, is what I mean."

Cheeky wonders, "I think if you have coded guards instead of xblocks on a guildhall, you can set names as persona non grata?"

Cheeky claims, "Or did I just make that up right now."

MrDowntempo questions, "Maybe their rumors could burn the targets IP or something? Lower their influence"

Sparkles wonders, "Maybe it would make you have to pay more for rumors?"

Kirill queries, "Does the entire city work for the Troubadours?"

Kirill grins.

Kirill states, "Lord help us."

Kuzco claims, "There are rumors where I have sent the entire guild to quash and it hasn't disappeared"

Tengu states, "Yeouch"

Temi states, "Well, if it gets enough power from others, it wouldn't"

Cheeky states, "That may be an issue of individual social power. Or insuboordination."

Kirill muses, "I had one last topic if there's time. Were we waiting on someone else?"

Kipperonie trails off, "I mean, considering the power a single fully fledged bard wields... And how denying them can utterly socially castrate a noble or gentry..."

Tengu claims, "Sounds like the Barbara Streisand effect."

Kuzco says, "So it makes me want to just bounty assassinate instead."

Kirill chuckles.

Kirill says, "Mine are more like announcements, so I'll just toss them out there:"

Kirill states, "First, just a quick reminder that I'll be running a story starting 4pm on Tuesday! STORY REVIEW 123 for the hook. To everyone who has sent me a pboard or tell thus far: you're totally invited. In fact, everyone's invited. I have no idea how it'll go, or who will actually show up, but I'm hoping it ends up being a good mix."

Kirill queries, "Second, I'd like to gauge interest from the pbase in ST Workshop, which I could maybe hold at the Story Tutorial zone on a semi-regular basis. Also happy to do one-on-one sessions. I'd say... anyone interested, send me a tell, and we can go from there?"

Temi muses, "BloodMoon, you had something quick still?"

Kipperonie claims, "4PM? Bring some sangria, and I'll get sloshed at the parking lot, sure."

Cheeky declares, "I recall some past discussion on ST workshops that seemed to garner interest. It sounds good to me!"

Kirill says, "That's it for me. Happy to stay longer for BloodMoon if there's more."

Tengu claims, "ST Workshop? Could be fun."

Kirill says, "And happy to help with the prestige item thing, if that still needs clearing up."

BloodMoon states, "I've noticed that movement speed is very slow in the game. Without a mount, it's extremely hard to move around the map, and yet, not everyone can afford a mount. Is there any way to advance movement speed for walk without sacrificing MV? I also have a small question on how you get Sumptuary."

Kirill says, "Pace"

Kirill claims, "But it does use MV."

Kipperonie claims, "That's the name of the game. If everyone was at the same pace, chases wouldn't exist as well."

Temi claims, "You can also improve your dexterity"

Azarial claims, "Kick a nob in the butt about infrastructure."

Azarial says, "The council should be pushing infrastructure as well."

BloodMoon states, "My dex is at sixty"

Kirill claims, "When infrastructure is good, I'm not sure what happens with pace."

Kipperonie states, "Carry MV restorative items, interact with cooks and brewers for quality things, lobby the council/etc."

Temi questions, "Okay, sounds like some good ideas there. One last thing: Sparkles?"

Kuzco has gone AFK.

Sparkles questions, "Given that lye is only useful for soap making, could the unskilled recipe to make it be used to chandlery?"

Sparkles says, "Unskilled crafts can be difficult to remember they are there."

Temi states, "It maybe shouldn't be unskilled, so we may review that"

Kirill states, "Or to figure out how to interact with them. Lord help our newbies."

Temi says, "But no guarantees it would go to the craft that uses it, if they wouldn't make it"

Sparkles states, "That's fine, just in general it being easier to work with maybe."

Temi says, "Alright. We're over time and that's everyone, I think."

Temi says, "So I'll go ahead and send folks back."

• Information