2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Nigel says, "I should have brought my near broke alt."

Kirill tosses a golden coin in the air, catching it with the other hand.

Kirill places a single gold coin into a black velvet beltpouch secured with a looped golden chain.

Nigel grins at Azarial

Kieran questions, "So we get to keep the money? Yeeee"

Kinaed nods at Kieran.

Elysaveta claims, "Yay, monies."

Nigel states, "I like moneies."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have a topic?"

Kinaed says, "If not, we'll kick off with Staff stuff. :)"

Kieran says, "I don't"

Kinaed smiles.

Kirill claims, "Oh! I have more of a question than a topic, but you can put me down."

Kirill claims, "Humanely, if possible."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill chuckles.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well... Last week, I started handling a policy case that I plan to speak to staff about. As the bulk of staff aren't around, it may go a bit slow, but I think that's a good thing because there were some high emotions involved, and I think letting things cool down while we investigate the situation properly is probably best. Beyond that, I worked with staff to resolve most of our Staff Talking Point list last week. On my desk - Jail Automation and Turf Wars."

Kinaed says, "That's my update - Az, you're up. :)"

Azarial states, "I've been working on finishing up the plot revamp around the edges of the holiday stateside, plus a few bugs and what not. and one crash this week. I've been trying to update helpfile syntax as I go. I don;t recall if the new spells were this week or last week; that was likely the only dramatic thing--unless you;ve been wrestling with plots this week, I suppose. <_<"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "Yep, I don't see anything else major popping out. A few minor bug fixes.. thank you for that work, Az."

Starstarfish wonders, "Will that fix submitted plots not being able to be seen?"

Kinaed exclaims, "Wow, Staff Updates are done quick today!"

Azarial states, "Depends on the specifics of the not visibile."

Azarial gives Kuzco some coins.

Kinaed smiles.

Azarial says, "As always, post logs or screencaps with bugs; exact strings, with colour codes if possible, go a long ways towards finding the root of a problem."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed wonders, "I guess that moves us to Player Heartbeat really fast. How was TI for people last week? Was the RP good?"

Kinaed queries, "Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about? (That isn't already a topic today)"

Tasker states, "Have been involved in a couple cool guildleader stuff recently. Lots of neat high level drama going on. "

Nigel says, "I had a few good scenes on my characters. I have something I'm trying to set in motion on one of them that could lead to some fun."

Kinaed smiles happily.

Nigel claims, "But I may have to wait a bit for the required people to be around and free. I'm cool with that though."

Kinaed muses, "It's a small crowd for OOC Chat today... must be due to the holidays?"

Tasker says, "I've not had to stab anyone in a while though, which is depressing."

Kirill queries, "I'm good. Been enjoying all the political shenanigans and character development. Have there been many noble apps, yet?"

Kinaed comforts Tasker.

Dusty states, "Been pretty good overall, I think. And yeah, the high level drama is real >.> Lots of interesting stuff, sure."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kieran declaims, "Oh yes, a very nice week this one!"

Nigel states, "I need to pull my noble out and dust her off."

MrDowntempo says, "Ok but slow"

Elysaveta claims, "Definitely more general drama and conflict going on, which does make things more exciting."

Nigel states, "Nigel STILL needs to join the knights and learn to fight evil."

Kinaed says to Kirill, "I think we had two players who asked us to ennoble their existing characters though, which we had to turn down, sadly. I had discussed with the Seneschal that the Seneschal can recommend players to the Queen to be ennobled though, and I'll probably hash out guidelines around that so it can be more in the hands of players rather than staff."

Kirill nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "I'm glad to hear that there's plenty of IC drama too. :)"

Tasker states, "Or just become a great lord, and then you're like"

Tasker states, "A noble noble"

Nigel plans to start more with an alt.

Kinaed claims, "I do hope those players consider making an alt and re-applying."

Kirill claims, "Annnnd, I've got a story planned for next week! Around Magebane. Might not be much combat, but should be a good mystery to unravel."

Nigel rubs his hands together.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed exclaims, "Fun!"

Tasker says, "Ohgod magebane"

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Thankk you for so consistently running plots."

Nigel states, "I need to think of some plots to run. Lately its easier for me to just get my chacaters to start drama."

Kinaed asks, "Does anyone else want to tell us about their week before we pop up to discuss Player Topics?"

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

Kirill claims, "Haven't decided on an exact date and time, yet, as I still need some staff assistance setting up the location and getting the door prizes together."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Dusty says, "Think I'm pretty good overall."

Kinaed states, "Some people have had problems with coordinating times that everyone (or most people) are available. I do recommend leveraging off the OOC Chat for that."

Kinaed nods at Dusty.

Kinaed claims, "That's a general comment, Kirill already does that. :)"

Alessa says, "I just got back after a prolonged and unexpected absence so just hoping to sneak back in to things."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Alessa, "Good to have you back. I hope you get comfortable and right at home quickly."

Alessa declaims, "Thank you! :)"

Kinaed says, "Well, if that's all for our Player Heartbeat, we're now at ... um... ah... Player Topics. Kirill, you had our only topic. :)"

Kinaed says, "Well, only registered one."

Kirill states, "Yes! More of a question, actually. Regarding Agrion, who was recently banned."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill says, "I read the disclosure. After seeing how he abused the ST system, totally on board with his removal from the game. However, I was wondering if there's any public explanation regarding Agrion-the-Character's absence? It seems like folks have just been assuming he left for Farin or somesuch."

Tasker exclaims, "I was in the process of writing one up for him, seeing as he just very recently joined the Knights. I did submit a request, but I can't see it. Maybe I aborted it by accident. Who knows. I can re-submit it!"

Kinaed states, "Someone made an IC Event post saying he was sent off, if I recall correctly."

Kirill says, "As people tend to do, with these sorts of things, to find closure Icly."

Kieran says, "That's the assumption, yes"

Kirill claims, "I must have missed this IC event post, then. Huh."

Dusty claims, "Yeah, I kinda assumed that was most likely the case."

Kinaed claims, "Or maybe that was the intent, and it was never submitted? Sorry, I tend to just assume things happen the way people plan them when I'm off in IRL land."

Tasker pontificates, "Yeah. I'll resubmit it!"

Kinaed declares to Tasker, "Thank you!"

Tasker raises a damascus steel bastard sword with an incise floral motive in salute.

Kirill states, "Awesome. Thank you! I didn't know if there was some behind-the-scenes plot to wrap up his story, and wanted to make sure everyone else wasn't jumping to conclusions."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed claims, "There wasn't to my knowledge. "

Starstarfish claims, "Sometimes those things are a bit difficult when nothing is officially posted/said, people just tend to make stuff up which is rough when everyone comes to a different conclusion."

Tasker starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed says, "That said, people disappear around Lithmore City all of the time, both for normal and sinister reasons. In the event of a banning, the default assumption is they disappeared."

Kirill states, "Yeah, that was kind of my thinking. It was pretty immediate that people ICly started treating Agrion as gone, even though ICly there was nothing to support that."

Kinaed claims, "Walked into an alley on one side, never came out the other."

Kinaed nods thoughtfully.

Kirill states, "Given how high-profile he was, and how active, it'll be good to get a wrap up."

MrDowntempo claims, "A little stranger when it hapens to a noble"

Kinaed says, "I think it should be official policy in the case of a banning that people can quickly become aware that the person in question has disappeared, even if they don't know why."

Kirill states, "Works for me."

Kinaed claims, "I have a Staff Talking Point about loans on our board. It seems that sometimes people borrow huge amounts of money... or that a banning is a prime time for people to come out of the woodworks saying someone owed them money."

Kinaed claims, "So we need to sort out a policy around that also."

Kinaed nods at MrDowntempo.

Kirill says, "Ha. Policy is: loan money at your own risk."

Kinaed queries, "Anything else on anyone's minds? Otherwise, we can just hang out here and shoot the breeze, or I can put everyone back?"

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Probably."

Kieran says, "I might have something"

Kinaed muses to Kirill, "But it's best if we put that in writing somewhere, right?"

Kinaed wonders to Kieran, "Yes? :)"

Kirill claims to Kinaed, "Probably. ;)"

Kieran states, "Not sure if it's the right place and time, I'll just drop it"

Elysaveta says, "Get that collateral in writing."

Kinaed asks of Kieran, "Want to run it by me in a tell first?"

Kieran says, "No, it's a general suggestion actually, nothing truly important"

Kinaed states, "Okay, sure. :)"

Kieran trails off, "So the cyan system is all good, but the game is...well, huge :P"

Kinaed trails off to Elysaveta, "And register it with the Reeves..."

Kinaed nods at Kieran.

Kinaed wonders, "Yeah, it's been in development since 1999. Wow, right?"

Tasker finishes her note.

Kinaed claims, "It just gets... bigger. Hopefully better as opposed to just growing for no purpose."

Tasker declares, "Posted the wrap up on the request board!"

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Thank you."

Kinaed states, "It shouldn't hurt anything if posted twice, so I'll take care of that now."

Starstarfish says, "Registering loans with the Reeves like a will seems keen. "

Kieran questions, "So I was thinking...since the learning curve is what it is, could a tag be added to signal that one char belongs to an unexperienced player?"

Kirill declaims, "Thanks for that, Tasker!"

Kinaed claims, "That's what Cyan is intended for - everyone is supposed to be treated kindly while Cyan, both for the matter of being inexperienced AND for the matter of not having an established character, which is harder to RP even when experienced."

Kieran claims, "It would not give a player the "privileges" granted to cyan, but it would let other players know that assisting helpfile is appreciated, even if you're not cyan anymore"

MrDowntempo states, "That makes me think of something as well"

Kirill says to Kieran, "I think if you let your fellow players know you're struggling around a command or situation, by and large they're happy to help."

Kieran states, "Sure, people here's always very helpful, I just thought that having everyone know that you could use extra help by default could be helpful"

Kinaed nods at Kieran.

Kinaed says, "For now, it may be worthwhile putting it in your title or something. We don't have that functionality, and I need to think through the impacts."

Kieran claims, "Oh. I hadn't thought of that :P"

Kirill states, "Yeah, might be some potential for abuse, intentional or unintentional."

Alessa queries, "I was wondering about that. I have a situation that I'm not really sure of how to navigate around but it's something that I should know how to handle. But I didn't know whether to ask on visnet, put it in a title, send up a distress signal? :)"

Kirill claims, "Visnet anon works great for asking questions without giving yourself away."

Kinaed says, "My biggest concern is people trying to hide who their alts are starting to make new accounts to get any newbie help, andn also outing recently killed players' alts."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed says, "Yeah, that's a good one. Also, on the whole, TI's pbase is full of good people."

Kinaed states, "If they know you need help, they'll probably be nice, so I think it's a good idea to just osay "Hi, I'm new, please be patient with me." and they almost definitely will."

Kieran claims, "Yep, that would work, thank you :)"

MrDowntempo states, "I think that while there's a lot of resouces and helpful players. It doesn't take too long for someone to get used to the basics, especially if they've played a mud before. However, even after you stop being cyan, there's a lot of stuff to learn and come to grips with. It should be expected people read over the basic helpfiles and the ones related to their prefered guild or profession, but there's like a whole intermediate skillset that'd be nice to have either a tutorial, or walkthrough for. Stuff like the use of influence points, and city metrics, and things like that, it might not be obvious to a newbie, that they should be digging into"

Kirill says, "Those systems are optional, so I wouldn't say anyone 'should' be digging into them."

Kinaed claims to MrDowntempo, "I'll add those things to Staff Talking Points. We've created a tutorial for the Storyteller system that we don't put everyone through, but is available. Maybe a few more tutorials like that, when people are ready, is a good idea."

Kirill states, "But it makes sense if you're a GL or a noble."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed claims, "Oh, I have a topic in a tell."

Kirill says, "I'm trying to imagine how support/subvert would work in a tutorial setting. Hm."

Kinaed claims, "Someone wants to know how do people submit mage spell/craft ideas? Request board isn't strictly for ideas, there isn't a "Mage" board, and posting it to the forums is a give away that someone has a mage alt. And ... arguably mage stuff shouldn't be OOCly outed. Also, apparently "think" targetting doesn't work."

Azarial questions, "Hasn;t everyone had a mage alt?"

Kinaed claims, "Mostly."

MrDowntempo claims, "Not everyone"

Azarial says, "There is the anonymous board"

MrDowntempo states, "Specially not noobs"

Kirill claims, "If using /targets in thinks doesn't work, that should be bug-boarded. It looks like it works from my end when I do it."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, but we really hate getting ideas on the boards."

Dusty says, "Just go from peon to GL in a week. Quick way to get drowned in understanding influence/support. *sage nod*"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Nigel says, "If you can play the game without giving into the dangers of magic, you are truly amazing."

Elysaveta claims, "I think the biggest thing would be metric affects, since those effect pretty much everyone. Influencing the system is much more specialized."

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

Kirill wonders, "Suggestions for spells/magecrafts go on the forums, no?"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Azarial states, "On the wrong boards; the annoymous board could be where magecraft and spells go since it isn;t worth trying to adust the php to have an anonymous board on the forum"

Kinaed claims, "Putting requests for changes into TI is a pain in the rump for staff as most boards have timed removals."

Kirill claims, "I just assumed folks created separate forum logins for anything shady."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed says, "And they probably should."

Kinaed claims, "That's the ideal solution."

Azarial states, "Prolly the best solution, then."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial wonders, "Can display names be changed by the user?"

Kinaed says, "When it comes to ideas and suggestions, who a person is doesn't matter at all."

Kinaed says, "I think they may be able to, but it'd be obvious who they are because it'd re-key the name throughout the forums."

Azarial nods.

Kinaed states, "Probably best to just create an alternative OOC account if people are truly paranoid."

Kirill nods.

Tasker sneezes loudly.

Nigel claims, "I wish people could keep OOC and IC seperated better."

Tasker claims, "Omg I just sneezed irl"

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

Kinaed comforts Tasker.

Kinaed says to Nigel, "I wish they did too."

MrDowntempo states, "Oh assets was the other system I wanted to mention about needing a bit more than a helpfile to come to grips with. I'm sure there's plenty of others, probably some I've not even come across yet."

Kinaed muses, "One thing I heard recently, anecdotally, is that it's great that we've got a lot of IC drama at the moment, but maybe that the OOC drama follows suit?"

Nigel states, "I hope not."

Kinaed muses to MrDowntempo, "Can you write a typo board being more specific about what's missing?"

Kinaed says to Nigel, "I agree."

Elysaveta claims, "I haven't encountered that personally, but certainly I can imagine it might happen."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Azarial questions, "That might be part of the ic/ooc seperation; it's not an attack on my character, it;s also against me personally?"

Nigel says, "IC drama=Good OOC drama=Headache"

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

MrDowntempo claims, "I'll try and gather my ideas a little better and post something"

Kinaed says, "I've generally been lucky that no one bugs me OOCly when I RP."

Azarial says, "Deaf takes an argument like afk does when you want to focus on a scene, as well."

Tasker says, "How long ago was that :P"

Kinaed says, "But I'm also not OOCly very 'plugged in' with a lot of OOC friends when I RP, nor do I generally seek OOC relationships."

Kirill states, "Assets by themselves aren't that complicated, but when you add in resources and all the rules about when and where you can create and/or purchase, yeah... it's a lot. I don't even recommend much engagement with the system for newer players. >_>"

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Recently enough."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed states to Kirill, "For newer players, you can mostly just ignore it since it selects an appropriate base asset and provides weekly income. When one wants to get involved and tailor it, they sure can."

Kinaed says, "Staff are happy to help players fix things up via Request Board too, if you're not sure how to work with your asset."

Dusty says, "I've occasionally chatted silly stuff OOC with folks, but I generally prefer not to engage any serious talk ... because eh."

Kinaed nods at Dusty.

Kirill claims, "The XP costs are pretty steep, too, for new players without accumulated XP in the bank."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Dusty states, "Question of assets. Can I still adjust my basic starter one or am I past that point? Because I did a crap job of it back when I didn't know wtf I was doing."

Kinaed says, "That's intentionally so."

Nigel states, "I had an issue with a player for a while OOC. It almost felt like they were stalking one of my alts. But its taken care of now. I didn't want to speak up because I didn't want to make them mad but then I realized I wasn't the only one after it was all over and done."

Nigel shrugs.

Kinaed claims to Dusty, "Write a Request Board."

Kinaed comforts Nigel.

Starstarfish states, "One difficulty is that what you start off with your concept might change past the 75 hour mark, but there's no way to "resell" an asset to get any return value to get a different one."

Kinaed states to Nigel, "In situations like that, I do think it's best to discuss it with staff."

Alessa states, "Assets are definitely something that I find confusing for sure."

Nigel states, "Its settled. No worries Kinaed."

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

Nigel says, "Smiles."
Dusty nods at Kinaed.

Kirill says, "I think you can still delete and re-add a tier 1 for free, even outside of chargen? Not sure."

Azarial claims, "Should, yes."

Kinaed says to Kirill, "I think that's correct also."

Dusty says, "My concept has utterly changed, mostly from learning the setting better. "

MrDowntempo says, "You can"

Nigel claims, "And yes. I found assets pretty confusing too."

Kinaed nods.

Kirill states, "Might be able to edit at Town Hall Records but in order to change the TYPE of asset, you have to delete."

Kinaed comforts Nigel.

Nigel snuggles Kinaed.

Dusty claims, "I'll try that and if not, make the request"

Kinaed states, "But I think the basic one is free to everyone, so you can delete and recreate the new one with impunity. It's when you try to get more assets or better assets that they stop being swappable."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Dusty.

Azarial claims, "If ytouy are not guilded you can grab a roster, as well."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed muses, "So, what else would we like to chatter about? I'm out of material, so we can send people back if you want?"

Kirill states, "Loving the new roster output, btw."

Nigel just realized a while back that Nigel missed his birthday IC. I wonder if I should try and arrange a late party for him? I definately will when he turns 16...

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Oh, we're so glad to hear that :)"

Kinaed nods at Nigel.

Kieran says, "It's really good, that one. Very clear."

MrDowntempo nods at Nigel.

Kinaed beams, "Thanks for implementing, Az. :)"

Azarial states, "Welcome"

Nigel claps for Az.

Dusty states, "I just want to say that I generally appreciate this game's staff. You guys are fantastic after the headaches of my old haunt."

Kinaed says to Dusty, "Aww, thanks. We do work very hard at it, though we're not perfect."

Nigel claps for ALL the staff here.

Tasker raises a damascus steel bastard sword with an incise floral motive in salute.

Nigel states, "No one is perfect."

Nigel declares, "But you guys do a really good job!"

Kinaed states, "Well, thank you everyone. We do appreciate the appreciation, a lot."

Kirill waves.

MrDowntempo tells Nigel that tasker is perfect.

Kinaed strokes her unicorn beard.

Nigel claims, "With that sword in hand...I agree."

Dusty states, "Hehe"

Kinaed states, "Good point. A sharp sword does often make the difference in opinion."

Tasker states, "Correct"

Alessa smiles.

Tasker states, "You don't need to be right, when you're a Knight. "

Kirill exclaims, "I also appreciate the updates and fixes to the ST system. Looking forward to trying them out soon!"

Nigel says, "Because when a Knight points a sword at me...I agree...or flee."

Starstarfish states, "There's a recruitment poster."

Kinaed grins at Kirill.

Alessa states, "This is a song in the making"

Kinaed trails off, "I think we have some bards in the room..."

Kinaed trails off, "Eight minute countdown..."

Dusty exclaims, "Knight vs Mage rap battle, go!"

Dusty claims, "Hm"

Kinaed muses, "Imagine if, on TI, all battles with mages did require throwing down with rhyme?"

Kinaed questions, "Sort of how you kill rats?"

Alessa claims, "I'd be here for every battle."

Nigel says, "That would be hilarious."

Kinaed states, "It totally would be."

Dusty says, "Mass would be 10x more fun"

Kinaed says, "I have to make a new MUD where everyone rap battles for supremecy."

Kirill has gone AFK.

Elysaveta says, "All Orderites must take rapping training."

MrDowntempo says, "Would love to make a faring ratcathcer with parachute pants mimicing Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer"

Nigel trails off, "You silly knight. Why you trying ta fight? I got more fire in these balls than you have stone in your musty old halls..."

Nigel tries.

Kinaed claims, "Nigel wins."

Tasker says, "Brings a new definition to Rap Battle"

Alessa declaims, "Stop! Magic time!"

Kinaed says, "The more we talk about mage balls, the more I'm in. :)"

Kinaed laughs and high fives Alessa.

Tasker Concern

Starstarfish states, "That makes me think about 'Big Blue Dress' as a classic meme."

Nigel grins.

Elysaveta declares, "Going to make all the Lithmorrans uncomfortble. They don't even know those exist!"

Tasker states, "Oh, dance balls. Not testicles."

Dusty says, "Riiiiight. Sure"

Nigel says, "Fire balls."

Tasker claims, "Well butter my butt"

Kinaed questions to Tasker, "Omg, what is wrong with you, of course dance balls, not testicles, what kind of unicorn do you think I am?"

Elysaveta states, "Not a boy one, I guss."

Kinaed says to Tasker, "I totally meant testicles."

Tasker states, "I choose to remain silent for my own good"

Starstarfish states, "This is why unicorns are so rare."

Kinaed says to Elysaveta, "That's true. :)"

Nigel is innocent.

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Dusty says, "I thought it was because the knight hunted them down"

Elysaveta needs some medieval unicorns in her life.

Nigel says, "And the knights blame the mages for it most likely. As if unicorns make good spell ingredients."

Nigel grins.

Elysaveta states, "I mean, they do in Harry Potter."

Kinaed grips her tail protectively and looks scared.

Nigel comforts Kinaed.

Kieran claims, "Don't worry about your tail, Kinaed. It's unicorn blood that's really cool."

Alessa states, "And the horn"

Kieran licks his lips.

Dusty claims, "See the trouble is unicorns think virgins make good spell ingredients, according to the holy texts."

Dusty says, "Obvious motive"

Kinaed narrows her eyes.

Nigel declares, "I...oh no!"

Nigel looks nervous.

Kinaed says, "Oo, look. Top of the hour."

Alessa says, "Uh-oh"

Dusty claims, "Oh dear"

Alessa pontificates, "But I'm not ready!"

Kieran says, "We can go back stabbing eac other's back"

Nigel turns into a pumpkin?

Dusty says, "<.<"

Kinaed states, "Okay, thank you for attending, everyone. :)"

Nigel declares, "Thank you!"

Kieran claims, "Thank you all :)"

Dusty declares, "Later!"

Alessa declares, "Thank you. I look forward to rp!"

Kinaed says, "I look forward to seeing you next week, and as always, we appreciate any reviews or recommendations on TMC or Reddit where we get most of our players, which would help us increase the pbase and give you more people to play with. :)"

Kinaed exclaims, "Have a great week, and see you all next week!"

• Information