2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:21 am

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kuzco hmmms.

OyVey states, "I'll take a slot."

Kinaed states, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed states to OyVey, "Got you :)"

Kinaed wonders, "No one else? :)"

Thatlilgal claims, "I would be taking a slot, but my head is spinning really badly. I need to take a lay down, I'm sorry Kinead. "

Kinaed comforts Thatlilgal.

Kuzco declares, "I'm thinking!"

Thatlilgal hugs Kinaed

SilverMoon states, "I have no topics."

Kinaed claims, "No worries. Feel free to hang around and read the log. :)"

Temi states, "If you feel better, you're welcome to come back"

Kinaed declares, "Or take off if you have to!"

SilverMoon queries, "Wait, where is niamh face?"

Virtusen states, "I got a very brief one."

Temi states, "Doin' the RL thing."

Kinaed states, "Anyoen can leave at any time, no explanation required, just head down two rooms."

Tasker claims, "SLAIN"

SilverMoon pouts

Thatlilgal claims, "I'll take off, take a nap and come back when I can. See you guys."

Kenny gasps

Thatlilgal begins to descend.

Kinaed smiles.

Thatlilgal leaves down.

SilverMoon holds a soft, plush stag, affixed with antlers carved out of bone in her hand.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I've got two topics registered."

SilverMoon sticks her toy stag forwards, poking gently with its bone antlers.

SilverMoon gives her toy stag a gentle stroke with her finger.

Kinaed says, "If you've registered a topic, please pre-write it."

SilverMoon trails off, "So cute..."

Kinaed claims, "I also have an anonymous topic and a staff topic."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll kick off Staff Updates. Last week, I did very little, though I did just put something up on the Staff Board for staff to review regarding how we'll OOCly alert the pbase when a liquidation request is made so that people can contact staff if they have an issue."

Kinaed says, "Still on my plate - Jail Automation and Turf Wars."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial says, "I've been working on the buglist and the plot revamp this week. Nothing too major on the player side, as I recall."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "We've had a few I think are worth mentioning that I read in the completed queue - the roster command is updated, and players can restring their asset resources for 1 silver."

Kenny nods.

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Anything further before we jump to Temi? :)"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Go ahead and update us. :)"

Temi says, "I think I've finally started to kick this illness that's been dogging me. A little more functional thhan I was last week. I did manage to get two paired magecraft items done last night, that I'd started on before."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco claims to Temi, "I'm glad you're feeling better :)"

Kinaed claims, "Oh, that reminds me - there appears to be at least one new spell in game, if not more."

OyVey claims, "Oh darlin'."

Kinaed claims, "Not sure if all the help files are resolved yet though, since they're not on the completed board."

Temi claims, "I'll keep working on the magecraft stuff, and I've got some plans on resource stuff, especially special regional versions of things that are just restrings now."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kenny PAGING INTENSIFIES.

Temi claims, "The two new items are based on one of the new spells. I think Az mentioned it last week"

SilverMoon questions, "Yes darlin?"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "Cool - okay I think that's all we've got for Staff Updates. :)"

Temi nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Next we have Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week, folks? Anything you want staff to know about (that isn't already a topic)?"

SilverMoon claims, "It was good. I cried."

SilverMoon claims, "That's good for me. :P"

Virtusen says, "Was pretty damn nothing for me, sadly, but oh well."

Kinaed comforts Virtusen.

Kuzco scratches his head and says: "Good. Actually had a fun couple things. Nothing like unexpected injuries to fire it up."

Kinaed asks of Virtusen, "Was this despite attempts to mingle, due to low availability, or something else?"

Tasker states, "I've had a few new Knight recruits this week! So that's cool. "

Kinaed grins at Kuzco.

Livia exclaims, "And on that note, I've had some great hospital RP this week!"

SilverMoon claims, "I also had a ... what... oh I also got to do my having fun with emoting vnpcs for a gathering."

Kinaed states to Tasker, "Awesome."

Kuzco says, "I am working on an ST btw, that will involve I hope people from all walks of life."

Tasker claims, "We're still looking for someone to step up to Grand Inquisitor, if anyone is interested."

Kinaed nods at Livia.

Kenny declares, "I have traded the gray cloak for the blue one and it caused DRAMAAAAA!"

Tasker claims, "It offers a nice pension, if you don't die. "

Starstarfish doesn't comment.

SilverMoon just shrugs her silvery shoulders.

Virtusen says, "A lack of people to play with, I sent public messages and rp'd in public places with whererp on, and no one showed up sadly."

Virtusen claims, "Not just today :p"

Temi states, "Aw, that's never fun."

SilverMoon states, "I would have shown up... Wait. It depends."

Kinaed hmms thoughtfully, stroking her chin with a hoof.

SilverMoon stares at Kenaed. "Unicorn!"

Starstarfish states, "I've had some nice scenes this week, any troubles are sort of role specific."

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

Virtusen states, "A lot of people also play the game with whererp off, about 4/5 or so I'd say. So when you don't have any friends online there's not much to do but play with yourself :P"

Kenny wiggles his eyebrows

Kuzco states, "That's a fair critique Virtusen."

SilverMoon shakes her silvery head, silver tendrils of light shimmering.

SilverMoon says, "But... I usually don't have whererp off unless I need to have a quiet scene."

Kinaed questions, "Is there anything we can do to help Virtusen get RP?"

Virtusen states, "It's not a matter of me complaining and wanting more rp, it's just kinda how people play the game :P"

Kinaed asks, "Or any suggestions beyond what he's already doing? Is this during our peak times or really late at night?"

SilverMoon wonders, "... Rp with him? :)"

Virtusen says, "I'm not a special case."

Kaitlyn is idle.

OyVey states, "Seemed that it was just a matter 'o circumstance. Plenny of people were busy."

Kuzco states, "I do admit, as a bard, I could be doing more public RP"

Kenny claims, "I usually keep my where rp on"

SilverMoon says, "Me too... wait."

Kuzco states, "I've been doing too much politics and crafting."

Virtusen states, "People tend to want to play with their circle of buddies and do social shit, rather than taking risks or meeting new people"

Kirill says, "Half of the wholist might be idling at any given moment. I wouldn't assume that just because there's 20 people logged in, and they're not all on whererp, that they're RPing privately."

Virtusen states, "That's just how this game is, for better or worse."

Kinaed says to Virtusen, "Well, yes and no. See... some people have trouble, some people have no trouble, or some people are just content with what they get. I generally haven't felt like I struggled to get RP on TI, but I haven't played for a long time either."

Kuzco nods at Kirill.

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

SilverMoon states, "I haven't been struggling either."

Virtusen says, "I tend to find the people who have no trouble to get RP are those who are well founded in the game :P"

Kinaed claims, "One of the reasons I announce this chat ad nauseum prior to drum up attendance is that I know a lot of people are idling."

SilverMoon states, "I mean... I get rp all the time."

Kinaed says to Virtusen, "I assure you, none of my alts are well founded."

SilverMoon does need to play with her alt more publically though, methinks.

Kenny states, "Never had trouble with finding rp, and i'm a fairly new player at a diff time zone."

Virtusen questions, "Hm, ok. How do you find rp Kenny?"

Kinaed says, "But that said, I find one of the roles that almost always has a lot of RP to be had is the GI, and we're looking for one if you'd be interested in making an alt."

OyVey claims, "So, the thing you tried gettin' people to show up for. You might wanna make it a public thing like using the general board, or using bard stuff. Only got one message about it, and by the time I showed up, it concluded."

Virtusen says, "Kinaed, even if I made an alt specifically to be a GI, I have nowhere near the spare xp nor the well, ability to instantly become a GI ;)"

SilverMoon blinks. "I didn't get anything about it. I just... wait was this something different? I did show up at something I never got messaged for..."

Temi says, "Personally, I tend to set up camp in some public location and see who wanders by. BUt I tend to be patient in general."

Livia claims, "If you're organising something you want people to show up for - which is a great idea! - you need to give people a bit of notice."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco nods at Livia.

UltraPanda is idle.

UltraPanda is no longer idle.

Virtusen claims, "I agree that I wasn't expecting anyone to show up at short notice don't worry. But this has been throughout the week in general. I can idle in a public room for hours, and that's be assuming I'm not actively trying to create rp."

Virtusen states, "I don't think it's an issue with the game so much as I'm not very good at this whole social stuff :P"

Kenny states, "I keep my where rp on, and if no one's on, I send people tells asking if they want to RP (If I already met them a couple of times IC) if we're not that established yet, then I send messengers to them."

UltraPanda claims, "I usually just put it in my title that I'm rp hunting."

Virtusen says, "Well, my issue is my character(s) know a lot of people cordially, but about 2 people as actual friends, and I don't want to pester them as they're often busy in scenes, although I do pester them occasoinally."

Kinaed states to Virtusen, "Doesn't take much in the way of XP, not sure what would be missing in terms of ability. I personally just tried it once because of a situation where the game was missing a GI long term, and the Imp asked me if I'd try it. I found it surprisingly fun and pretty much turned from a non-Orderite to an Order fiend after."

Kuzco states, "Make new friends."

Kuzco says, "Or RP with non friends, crash parties and events"

Kuzco states, "I try to send the bards to perform once per week so people can gather and know each other"

OyVey states, "Then start pesterin' friends."

Kuzco says, "... then donate to the arts."

Kinaed states, "To be fair, making friends can be easy or hard depending on who you're dealing with. Some players aren't interested in expanding their circles, even if they're coordial."

Virtusen says, "Eh. I'll try and think about what I'm doing wrong more. And I perform twice an OOC week Kuzco, you should know that ;)"

Kirill says, "Some folks may be idle, some may be previously engaged, some may just not be interested in the kind of RP you're providing. I find that many on-the-fly events with performances or long speeches often end up with a crowd of people who just sit there passively until it's over."

Kuzco ... ohs.

Livia states, "Don't assume that people are busy because they're not on whererp. The temptation is to think 'They must be in a scene', but that's not always the case. Send a messenger! Even if they're busy, they'll probably reply that they'll meet you later or something."

Kinaed claims to Virtusen, "Oh dear. I hope you know no one thinks you're doing anything wrong."

OyVey claims, "I ain't see no notice on general boards, or IC advertising. Ain't saying you're doing nothing wrong, but a show can't be a show without yah putting yourself in the limelight."

Kenny muses to Kirill, "Unless demon attack, right, Kirill-sama?"

Kirill claims, "That'd be fun."

SilverMoon says with a sigh, "Oh darlin..."

Starstarfish says, "I think that "just not interested thing" is the thing. That if we want to see more RP in general, we might need to go out of our comfort zone as a collective group."

Kinaed twiddles her hooves.

Kinaed asks, "Shall we move onto Player Topics, in the interests of time?"

SilverMoon nods.

Kinaed says, "For the first topic, I had an Anonymous Request board post. It asked to talk about stealth and steal skills."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Virtusen states, "More or less what Sarfish has said, perhaps it's in the way I RP, or my own OOC bias, but I don't feel like I can 'get' into any social circle to get reliable RP, and I have aboutl... 300 rp hours total now I think? Anyways moving on."

Kinaed questions, "We've had this come up a lot, and we're working on a spec for it. So, may I ask that anyone who wants changes to sneak and/or steal, please go to this thread, and post your ideas: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1683"

Kinaed says, "Let me see if I can get the exact text raised on the Request Board."

Tengu is idle.

Tengu is no longer idle.
Tengu has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "I'd also like to request that the stealth system be expanded. Stealing gives everyone in the room a check, instead of it being easier to steal in crowds. Hiding gives a check every time you look, instead of one check an OOC hour, or something similar. Sneaking has way too high of a chance to fail when trying to sneak and hide. All these skills also give checks to everyone, making it much harder to blend in whilst in a crowd. "

Kinaed claims, "There was one for something else, which I'd forgotten, but we only do one topic per OOC Chat per person, so I'll come back to the first item if we don't have time."

Kuzco claims, "I joined in early 2016. I have always heard that sneak is broken ever since."

SilverMoon says, "You broke it"

Kuzco states, "To make a check every time someone looks is not a good mechanic."

Virtusen spams look.

SilverMoon pushes ver into a lake. Quit it.

Starstarfish states, "My only concern is that if stealing becomes easier in group scenes that's going to add stress to public/group gatherings which are something we are discussing encouraging."

Tengu claims, "Bad. Go to your room."

Kinaed says, "It doesn't work like that."

Kirill states, "There are ways to not get stolen from, though. I say if you're hanging around in public with stuff on you that can be stolen, you're a fair target. :)"

Kinaed says, "In fact, one thing I worry about regarding this is that it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of how both stealh and steal currently work."

SilverMoon states, "Yeah, put all your money away"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

SilverMoon states, "Like, in the bank."

Kinaed claims, "Another thing is that we cannot make stealing an absolutely perfect skill with no chance of failure."

Kuzco says, "Of course."

Temi nods.

Tengu states, "Awww, but I wanna be untouchab-- I mean, yes, absolutely correct, right, yeah."

Temi says, "It's hard to balance, but we're definitely working on discussing ways to improve it."

Kinaed questions, "Anyway, I'd like people to post thoughts and suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1683"

Kinaed says, "Since we're already re-speccing the system."

OyVey states, "Because if it's perfect, it'll lead into the issue Star just pointed out. People will try and avoid running events if everyone gets stolen from everytime they're in a scene. That's the rough part, balancin' it."

Kuzco states, "Don't bring valuables you can't keep or defend on you"

OyVey says, "Too useless, it's to risky to be protifable."

Kinaed states, "And also request some patience as this is a big, time consuming set of code changes that affect a myriad of systems, so it's not going in overnight."

Kuzco claims, "You have jewelry, be prepared to fight for it."

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's the biggest anonymous topic. I have a staff topic."

Kenny declaims, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE EARING JEWELRY IF YOU'RE NOT PREPARED TO CUT SOMEONE'S ARM OFF FOR IT!"

OyVey states, "Ain't a real good point if y'er under watch in the palace."

Kirill says, "I don't think a crowd bonus needs to be big to be appreciated."

Elysaveta is idle.

Kinaed trails off, "I received an anonymous email registering a complaint against a player (and a not-anonymous one that I'm 100% sure isn't the same person). The problem is that the email didn't specify any specific incidence of a problem I can investigate, the person on the other end didn't respond to my follow-up..."

Kinaed states, "Guys, I can't do anything with an anonymous email that says 'so and so is a jerk'."

Kirill says, "Huh."

Kenny asks, "Hm?"

OyVey queries, "And were there corroborating complaints of the same nature?"

Kinaed says, "Please, if you're going to approach policy with a complaint, specify something specific that they've done, be willing to represent yourself, and respond to my follow-up queries."

Kinaed says to OyVey, "As I said, I did receive another complaint through proper channels which I'll discuss with staff afterwards. That is actionable."

Kinaed states, "But an anonymous, ambiguous email... is not actionable by policy."

Kinaed claims, "Which is pretty much my Public Service Announcement (TM)"

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, next topic!"

Kenny starts to overthink everything he did in the past week

Kinaed claims to OyVey, "You're up. Please introduce us to your topic. :)"

OyVey states, "I'll get the person to email you back."

OyVey says, "Been hearin' some stuff about child characters and people gettin' squicked out by 'em. Should they get extra warnings about non-immunity from punishments and religion, or somethin'? People are talkin' about being pressured to ignore things because of character age an' things like that."

Kinaed has transferred Dusty. [OOC]

Kuzco claims, "That seems to be a thing"

Dusty wakes and stands up.

SilverMoon states, "Hi dusty"

Kuzco states, "We had a very disgusting child mage issue earlier this year."

Temi says, "We do limit the number of child characters available regardless, but I don't know quite what is going on currently"

Temi gives a soft, plush stag, affixed with antlers carved out of bone to Dusty.

Kinaed claims, "Children are not immune to anything, nope, nor should people pressure other people OOCly to do or not do anything."

Kinaed says, "I think the youngest allowed or available in game is 13 too. Young, but not so young that they're completely innocent."

OyVey says, "Gettin' to be a consistent trend."

SilverMoon asks, "Is it?"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, pressuring people OOCly seems to be a thing in a lot of my complaints recently."

Starstarfish says, "I'm not sure it's exactly pressure, it's that OOCly people feel RL uncomfortable with what theme says should happen to children in certain circumstances. And because of that discomfort, things are sort of just allowed to slide."

Temi muses, "What sort of stuff are they doing that's problematic?"

Virtusen claims, "I think the issue is that the child characters aren't characters that happen to be children, but characters defined by their age."

Kuzco says, "I have to agree with OyVey."

Virtusen claims, "It's like playing a woman and making her a sex feind with giant boobs who hates fighting."

Kuzco says to Temi, "Mage children burning is a bit of a sore spot."

Kenny nods.

Azarial claims, "Shame I don;t hvae an inqusuitor. I'd hvave no problems."

SilverMoon says, "I know how my char is reacting to it."

Temi claims, "Well, we have to save the poor mage children."

Kinaed says, "Why? My first character to be pyred was a 6 year old. I mean, I was playing a 6 yo."

Temi claims, "That's why we burn them."

Azarial says, "Or with tossing twins in, for that matter."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

OyVey claims to Temi, "Like playin' up innocence through emotes to play specific OOC heartstrings."

Kenny nods

Kaitlyn has left the game.

SilverMoon says my char is generally soft hearted... horribly so it is her flaw andher curse, but...

Kinaed says, "Well, I dunno. No one in this game is a six year old OOCly. The theme is medieval when kids worked in extremely dangerous jobs because they had small hands, and whatnot, like chimney sweeps, etc."

SilverMoon says, "Yeah"

Kuzco claims, "Good point"

Kenny claims, "But, like. My thing is, they may just be playing how their character is supposed to act, and the ones seeing it ooc are getting their heartstrings tugged even though that was not the intent."

SilverMoon says, "My thing is... You know it's right, you know what you have to do, but they're kids."

Kinaed states, "Frankly, either you RP realistically or you don't, and that's up to everyone. What I don't like is hearing Player X gave Player Y a hard time OOCly because they don't like what Player Y decided to do."

Tasker says, "It's a bit of a pisser when you have to kill a kid, when people specifically play a sort of character where they know that will be a result."

Virtusen wonders, "Players in general don't stick to theme though. I don't mean that as an insult, people just subconsciously assume their characters have similar moral standpoints to their own yunno?"

SilverMoon says, "I mean... That's my view."

Virtusen states, "And if you do kill the kid, it feels like the kid's player is just baiting you into killing them for 'sad story times' :^)"

SilverMoon says, "I mean, she would do it, but in the process it would kill her. But she wouldn't not do it."

Kenny says, "To virtusen sadly so"

Kuzco nods at Tasker and Virtusen.

Kinaed claims, "I personally have no issue with giving them what they want, and I think we've gone far enough in banning 'kids' with 13 being the lowest age limit."

SilverMoon agrees. "It's a thing, yeah."

Kinaed says, "If you have someone playing or presenting under 13, let me know."

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Kenny wonders, "They' know what they're getting into, yeah?"

UltraPanda is idle.

Temi nods.

SilverMoon says, "Yeah."

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

Starstarfish states, "It's sort of like thematic punishments, people can utilize IC pressures to make decisions against theme. And then you are in the rough spot to be the player who sticks to theme even if it makes your character seem like an evil turd."

UltraPanda is no longer idle.

Temi says, "Everyone should know what they are getting into."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, as far as I know, everyone on TI is an adult or near adult."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon says her's will stick to theme even if she cries through it, but that is how she is, though.

Temi states, "Yes, some like to pull on the heart-strings, but that doesn't mean they think you're bad for doing it. They just connect with those sort of feels in RP."

Kenny nods at Temi

Dusty claims, "I mean, from my PoV, part of the enjoyment of theme is having characters who conflict with the theme in certain ways - which of course people will do, because people are people - and characters who conflict with theme help create conflicts with those who align with theme in those same areas."

Virtusen says, "I'm more concerned with the repetitiveness of it. I'm enough of an asshole that I can kill fictional children "

Kinaed asks, "So what outcome do people want for this topic?"

Kinaed states, "I don't think we get that many kids, honestly. When we get a specific player recreating a kid over and over again, then acting out, definitely let me know. As it is, I think we get like, one kid char a year, if even."

UltraPanda claims, "More dead kids? It sounds like more dead kids."

Virtusen says, "Well personally I'd say 16 is a more realistic age watershed, but that's my personal opinion."

Temi states, "Obviously, if one person is doing the same thing over and over again, that's not acceptable too"

Virtusen asks, "We have two right now, don't we?"

Kinaed states to UltraPanda, "I can get behind more dead fictional kids."

SilverMoon queries, "We have two kids?"

Temi says, "You can't recreate the same character that just died"

SilverMoon states, "Oh dear god."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon hides her char away from the other kid. Just no.

Virtusen states, "I can think of two, ye."

Livia claims, "There are 3 teenage characters at the moment that I know of."

Dusty trails off, "As someone who came in partway, what was the actual question? Are people worried about the disfigured kid getting pyred? Cause I've assumed they're headed that way since I first saw them...."

SilverMoon trails off, "Well teenager is fine, but..."

Virtusen says, "But honestly I'm not too fussed on the topic, it's just a minor peeve."

Temi claims, "I don't personally enjoy interacting with child characters, but I think teenagers allows some growth, just starting off their adult sort of lives."

Kirill claims, "I would be fine if we just bumped the minimum age limit higher, personally. Make everyone 15, so people can still play their en passants."

Kinaed claims, "So, wait - are we complaining about specific characters? If specific players are doing specific things against theme or seemingly irritating poeple, please talk to me afterwards. I feel bad or awkward tarring people with a big brush in a generalized OOC Chat talk. Albeit what I gather is that people just want the OOC of it to die down so they can get back to IC business."

Temi states, "And people do start apprenticeships or join guilds starting at 13 or so, reasonably thematically."

OyVey states, "Aye. Just tryin' to collate some disgruntled comments I've been hearin'. Best t'a talk about it, than not."

Kinaed says, "I don't feel that moving the minimum age to 15 is greatly beneficial. I do think that requiring kids to have guardians or be a ward of the state might be ICly valid though, and if no guardian is appointed, then it's the Order."

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "No complaints against specific characters, I'm just weak as regard to harming kids, even fictional."

Kinaed nods at OyVey.

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

SilverMoon says, "Me too"

SilverMoon states, "It kills me."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "But it's my fault and I'll suck up to it."

Kirill claims, "It'd be beneficial in that we didn't have this discussion cropping up regularly."

Kirill chuckles.

Kinaed says, "I guess I'm just a heartless beast."

SilverMoon trails off, "Even though I don't have children it just... makes me a little teary eyed"

OyVey states, "Might be a bit of a way to weed out the problem, makin' 'em wards."

Kinaed smiles.

Kirill says, "I guess I'm not really into RP with child characters."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill claims, "I don't feel like it's every done well, but to each their own I suppose."

OyVey says, "Honestly, give me y'er kid. I know a real nice demon they's can be friends with."

UltraPanda muses, "So wait... I'm not going to start mass murdering Lithmore's youth?"

Kirill claims, "Ever*"

SilverMoon claims, "No"

Kenny says, "I'd like to rp with this said kid, and would want to have thwem pyre while my charrie pats himself on the back"

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "You are a heartless beast."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

SilverMoon trails off, "My char loves children, it makes sense for her to take strays... But ... yeah"

Kinaed preens.

OyVey states, "Demon's are just the Lord's disposal chute. Yeetus that fetus."

Kinaed states to Virtusen, "Let's move on to our next topic."

Kenny nods.

Kinaed claims to Virtusen, "Er, you're up. That accidentally went to a tell. Whoops."

Starstarfish states, "I think for me the confusion is, we have an IC Orphanage, so I think tying things in there would be a better way to handle it. Because it's a bit odd when there's an IC organization specifically for that, which people have RPed about et al and seems like weirdly not a thing."

Virtusen claims, "It's chlil, my topic has already been discussed."

Kinaed says, "Virtusen's topic has already been resolved earlier. NExt is... Kuzco."

Kuzco pushes hair behind his ear and says with a thick latin accent: "I would like to ask for some helpfile on platonic ideals and a little list of them. I've been struggling with them even when explained through tells, and I imagine new players will have a very hard time. This list, if made, should be added to the recommended reads of all craft helpfiles."

Kuzco states, "Like craft -search X suddenly became less useful because all the basic ingredients are no longer explicitely listed."

SilverMoon claims, "Oh... I don't search for stuff. I should do that at some point."

Temi questions, "Does search not match the ideals? Like knife come up with knife?"

Kinaed queries, "Yeah, I have no idea what the heck platonic ideals are or who named them. Sounds like craft items without love interests. I don't get it. Someone? Anyone?"

Kirill says, "Yeah, you don't need specific ingredients now, it's great. Any fruit is a fruit."

SilverMoon says, "Taht's great"

Kuzco claims, "Search doesn't match if I search for olives for example"

Kinaed claims, "I think it's just a way of linking or labelling objs of a similar nature, yes."

SilverMoon states, "I think that Niamh did that."

Kirill claims, "Any flower is a flower, any spice is a spice."

Starstarfish nods.

Dusty states, "I don't know shit about crafting :P"

Kuzco says, "It is great, and I think it's cool, but it confuses me."

SilverMoon states, "So you can basically use anything"

Temi says, "Platonic ideals are a type of generic item... Generics might be a better term."

Kuzco nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kirill claims, "Appraising an item will tell you its type."

Kuzco states, "Don't know who named them that even if I did some philosphy studies."

Starstarfish claims, "I think the thing might be if there would be a way to get helpfiles of the different ideals and what's included in them."

Kuzco says to Kirill, "Yeah, if you get the item in your hands, not before."

Temi says, "So, it can say you need a knife, and then that can be any thing that has the 'knife' ideal, even if it's a different vnum"

Temi states, "Or any fruit, or any vegetable, etc."

Kirill says, "You can also appraise things in shops."

Kuzco claims to Kirill, "Imagine buying an item which is a different ideal."

Kuzco wonders, "It tells this too?"

Kirill claims, "Before you buy them."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed claims, "I think we need to rename them to 'generics'"

SilverMoon states, "The ideal of love"

Kirill claims, "Ayep."

Kuzco says, "Generics makes more sense even if uglier, but a helpfile on it might be so cool."

Tengu ponders.

Temi says, "One item can have multiple ideals. You should be able to check the ideals that are on it."

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "Like, it'd put you on par with 20 year old cool kids."

Temi states, "But yeah, we can probably use better documentation."

Starstarfish says, "True but sometimes things in shops are restrung basic items and sometimes they are differnt items entirely."

Kenny claims, "Being 20 sucks"

Kirill nods at Temi.

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

SilverMoon says, "I'm 30"

SilverMoon states, "It sucks more."

Temi claims, "The changes I'm doing for resource stuff will involve the ideals system."

Livia says, "When you appraise the item, you can tell what ideal it has. It doesn't matter what it's strung as."

UltraPanda says, "30 is lame."

OyVey states, "Forgot t'a handle somethin'. You guys keep bein' good."

OyVey begins to descend.

OyVey leaves down.

Temi says, "So when it says you can use 'any wool' then you'll be able to use regular wool, or a new Vandagan wool item."

Kinaed finishes her note.

UltraPanda claims, "And if someone wants Platonic ideals in relationship to items explained I can write a thing up."

Kirill claims, "If a recipe calls for 6 of any fruit, you could use 3 apples and 3 pears, 6 apricots, 1 plum and 5 cherries, etc. It's great."

Kuzco nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "I approve, it is a good simplification."

Kinaed claims, "We have a help file, I've typoed it. We'll resolve."

Starstarfish nods.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, next on the list - is the Anonymous 2nd topic on the request board"

Kinaed claims, "Anonymous says: I'd like to see survival skills expanded to allow a chance to avoid aggressive animals, as currently there seem to be very few (one?) options to do so. Sneaking does not help, but could also be a skill that auto checks to throw aggressive animals in the wilderness off the trail. "

Tasker claims, "That would be a neat skill, like a 'wilderness' skill or something. "

Starstarfish states, "I could see Husbandry play a part there too."

Kuzco asks, "Husbandry?"

Kuzco nods.

Dusty claims, "....note to self, sneaking does not help that. >.>"

Kenny states, "That seems to be more Husbandry"

SilverMoon says, "Nom husbandry"

Kinaed claims, "I'd think sneaking would help, I wonder why it doesn't."

Tengu claims, "Aye, husbandry is The Animal Skill(tm) as far as I understand."

Kenny states, "But IDK. Husbandry seems to be more taming animals rather than avoiding them."

Virtusen states, "It is pretty funny that people who know how to look after sheep and cattle also know how to hunt wolves"

Tasker claims, "Agree with Kenny"

Temi states, "Maybe that's something we need to throw in with the stealth updates."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tengu declares, "It's the same principle! Ya just slaughter 'em!"

Tengu says, "Only difference is, they're trying to slaughter you back."
Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kirill wonders, "I think there are two ways to avoid animals right now? Some kind of scent AND having 3+ people to a group?"

Tengu muses, "But that's no big deal, right?"

Starstarfish claims, "If you can tame a Charalin stallion, I'd think knowing how to deal with aggressive animals is a thing."

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kirill says, "I'm not sure everyone knows about these changes."

Kenny states to Kirill, "Or just zooming out of the room before they can get a whiff of you."

Dusty nods at Kirill.

Kirill states, "But yeah, I think being a stealthy hunter who can sneak past mean animals makes sense."

Kinaed states, "I've made a note on the Staff Talking Points to discuss why stealth isn't working. If there's a scent in game, that's cool."

Virtusen says, "Yeah it is worth noting you can walk through a room faster than the animal will aggro to you"

Kinaed states, "Particularly if you increase your pace."

Kirill claims, "You can't always walk through a room faster than an animal will aggro you, no."

Kirill states, "Only sometimes."

Virtusen says, "So the only way you'll be attacked is if you don't spot it fast enough and move out the room. It's geniunely less dangerous than you think."

Virtusen says, "Hm, maybe I'm just a speedy boi/girl"

Tasker claims, "In before we see a bunch of gentrywoman sprinting at full pelt in the wilderness, dresses flapping around. "

Kirill says, "Faster you move, the better your chances, but also depends on size of the room and stuff."

Kenny claims, "Yeah I tried to flee from a room and a bear attacked me."

Starstarfish states, "I feel so attacked."

Kenny states, "Pain was had"

Kinaed queries, "People do know how to use the 'pace' command, right? (Not intending to be patronizing, just pointing it out for anyone who doesn't know)"

Tengu states, "Bears are bad news."

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "I was attacked with a horse canter pace"

Kuzco says, "It got ugly."

Kuzco rubs his arse.

Kinaed comforts Kuzco.

Dusty states, "I've been increasing in awareness of some commands, including pace >.>"

SilverMoon runs as fast as she can, silks flying as she shrieks, "No, not the face! Not the face! I'm gorgious!"

Kinaed says, "Well, that was all of our topics for today. :)"

Livia pontificates, "Right on time!"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have any final announcements?"

Kinaed says to Livia, "I know! It's awesome. :)"

Tasker claims, "(((We need a GI)))"

Kinaed states, "We do"

Kirill says, "Thanks to Niamh for the awesome job on the holiday area."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Starstarfish says, "The holiday areas are a great thing."

Kuzco says, "Vote for the mud sites, tip your bards, pay for your rumors, be excellent to each other"

Tasker says, "Or, any sort of clergy would be nice. "

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "If you want staff to fill in with an NPC til we have one, let me know."

Kuzco claims, "And expect my ST"

Tasker claims, "I'll be doing that if I have to"

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, it's time to wrap up. If you want to help TI expand and bring more players to play with, please post a review on TMC or Reddit (we've been getting a lot of traffic from Reddit). Thanks everyone!"

Tengu states, "I was thinking of making a priest or something."

Tengu states, "BUt idk."

Kirill waves.

Kinaed states to Tengu, "We're in need, yep."

Tengu waves.

Kinaed waves.

Dusty states, "Maybe I will eventually"

Kinaed pontificates, "Thanks for coming! Take care until next week, everyone!"

Kuzco says, "Adios"

• Information