Log of OOC Meeting - 11/10/18

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Temi queries, "Now then, our agenda for today: 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, and then 3) Player Topics. Before we get started, does anyone have any topics they'd like to get on the list?"

Temi says, "I already have Kuzco."

Starstarfish says, "I have something."

Temi nods.

Temi wonders, "Anybody else?"

Flowers states, "I do if there's time."

Temi wonders, "Okay. Let's get going then. Az, ready to start us off?"

Azarial states, "I've worked through most of the items from the last ooc meeting, as well as continuing down the bug list. I have also been working on the plot change over Temi requested, but taht is incomplete as yet."

Temi claims, "If you work on plots, you'll see some new stuff in there, but nothing to worry about yet."

Temi claims, "We'll provide the full details on what to do when it's all released, and the existing stuff will work for now."

Temi trails off, "Taking a look at the change board..."

Temi says, "Some old bugs... oh, messenger approaches are ready for testing."

Kuzco says, "They didn't work yesteday"

Kuzco claims, "I tried to change them and nothing happened"

Temi states, "Well, they're on the board for staff testing and documentation, so if that's the case, we'll get them fixed up."

Temi claims, "Mostly should be stuff players won't be seeing unless they were hitting the bugs, though."

Temi states, "Continuing along, me... I fell prey to a sick, so I've not been at my most productive this week."

Temi states, "I was working on one of those new magecrafts I promised, but it broke, so isn't available yet. Should finish that and another up this week."

Starstarfish claims, "I hope you feel."

Starstarfish says, "Better, alas, why keyboard why."

Temi states, "I was hoping that was what you meant, instead of sick."

Temi grins at Starstarfish.

Temi questions, "Joske?"

Joske clears throat "Afraid there hasn't been much done on my front. Still in the learning stages of things, and been just trying to help take of things as they come my way. But progress is happening."

LORRENT claims, "I hope you ALL feel."

Temi claims, "That's fair! Hopefully some more to share soon, but got to learn how it all works first."

Temi grins.

Temi asks, "Moving on then.. player heartbeat. How's RP been this week, folks?"

Yves states, "I have been doing good. Looking forward to the Physicians guild lesson tonight. I've got some good RP this week."

LORRENT states, "I've had some great stuff. Lot of intrigue about."

Flowers states, "I've had some ups and downs this week, but some nicer scenes."

Kuzco says, "I'm getting more active after some slow week or two of bad sleep and stuff"

Kuzco says, "Trying to figure out how the jousting code for the tourney grounds works"

Joske sympathizes with Kuzco

Starstarfish states, "Just don't give a flower to the wrong lady at the tourney that's how wars start."

Temi states, "I know Niamh tested the jousting and it seemed functional now"

Temi trails off, "But you'd have to ask her how it works... I didn't take a look at it"

Agrion de Orveille tells you, "You left your bosy guards here"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco claims, "I tried moving around the place and didn't see anything interactable aside from archery targets"

Temi gives a small chocolate cake, molded in the shape of a flexed arm to Kenny.

Starstarfish says, "I'm like 99% we have more than one tournament ground."

Kenny thanks Temi

LORRENT claims, "There are more than one"

Kuzco asks, "One's north of Crossroads, where's the other?"

Starstarfish says, "There's one up in/near the Keep."

LORRENT states, "One in the Knights Keep, one in the Vandagan Arena"

Kenny wonders, "Dueling pitches?"

Kuzco says, "I'm gonna thwap Niamh with a rolled newspaper."

Kuzco nods.

Kenny states, "I know one's in Southside"

Temi states, "There's various places which might be considered, but I think Niamh's only got one place with progs in."

Kuzco says, "That's the one I wanted yeah."

Temi declares, "But I'm not entirely sure which that is. Talk to her!"

Kuzco nods.

Kenny looks around

Temi claims, "But anyway. People sound ambivalent to positive this week."

Kuzco says, "Other than that, the short story contest will have a winner soon"

Kenny claps!

Temi asks, "Anything bothering anybody that staff ought to know about?"

Kuzco says, "There was a sorta miscommunication"

Joske says, "Exciting"

Kuzco states to Temi, "Yeah, it's my topic"

Temi nods.

Flowers claims, "It will be my topic too."

Kenny claims, "A sort of miscommunication, but I hope it was settled."

Temi claims, "If it's your topic, we'll wait a moment for oyu."

Temi muses, "Everybody's happy then, or expansive enough in their irritation to have a full topic?"

Temi grins.

Kuzco claims, "I'm okay, I notice how the rumors apparently have gotten far less toxic"

Kuzco claims, "And more clever and themely"

Kuzco gestures with his hand around his wrist: "More... fun."

Temi says, "We do have an experiment planned with rumors, but glad to hear things are pretty good in general"

Arnault says, "Thanks."

Temi wonders, "Alright then, Kuzco... care to introduce your topic?"

Kenny claims, "I sort of have a question"

Kenny claims, "Oh don't mind me"

Kenny shuts up

Temi says to Kenny, "I'll add you to the list"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco dusts off and looks around, saying: "I would like to bring up the fact that people seem to be losing their sanity over even, relatively, mild Reeve punishments. This is a mistake. Reeves aren't nice. Reeves are in charge of making sure obedience to the crown is absolute. They will go to any length to ensure that. In our world's medieval times, people would blaspheme during a civic trial in order to be sent to the inquisition, which was kinder."

Kenny nods.

Elysaveta says, "Drawing and quartering is intense, yo."

Arnault states, "Seeing a bit of that, myself. This character should've been whipped by now, honestly."

Kinaed steps out of your shadow. [OOC]

Temi says, "Staff definitely support Reeves being able to do what punishments they think are appropriate, and creative is great."

Kinaed states, "Just woke up"

Temi waves to Kinaed.

Kuzco exclaims, "I mean back in my old pc's day I'd fine people for disagreeing with me over the weather. Now I never see Reeves punishing -- AHH!"

Kuzco points at Kinaed: "A unicorn!2

Kenny states, "People claim that being strapped in the stocks is "overkill""

Temi finishes abruptly, "We're just starting on player topics - Kuzco is concerned about people overreacting to mild Reeve punishments"

Arnault claims, "If she denies it, she's a 'neigh'sayer."

Kinaed says, "Okay, will just listen in."

Kenny pontificates to Kinaed, "Good morning!"

Kinaed smiles at Kenny.

Azarial states, "I should get around to adding the partial hanging to the beginning of the d&q thread for that complete treasonous experience."

Flowers says, "I'd agree with that. That people are also saying things like expecting things in help courtesy shouldn't be expected for one reason or another."

Temi claims, "Well, I'd say that anything that isn't fatal has a hard time being overkill most times."

Yves claims, "I think the stocks is kind of tame honestly. I encourage Reeves to get creative with punishments when they are needed and to not be afraid to hand them out if it fits the character and theme."

Kuzco raises his hands to the sky: "You don't reason with medieval law. You don't try to argue it's unfair. You bow your head, say sorry, and hope not to be noticed or caught next time. Or just bounty the offendig reeve or manipulate the Justiciar into firing him."

Elysaveta says, "We need more things to do with our old produce."

Kenny claims, "But yeah I am playing a Reeve and its surprising how people say being put to the stocks is overkill. or barbaric."

Kenny nods at kuzco

Kinaed muses, "What kind of things are ppl asking for that aren't in HELP COURTESY?"

Temi says to Kuzco, "Or try a bigger bribe."

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

Kinaed has returned from AFK.

Kuzco says to Kenny: "It IS barbaric, that's the POINT"

Yves claims, "But for the time period it is normal."

Kinaed says, "That is RPing counter to theme. Will discuss as staff."

Arnault claims, "Barbaric out of character, not in character."

Yves claims, "Right."

Yves says, "It sounds like people are bringing modern opinions IC."

Starstarfish says, "I think it's that things in there people act like it's a big deal to expect. I had an entire confrontation about expecting someone to bow, which was a good scene over all for the drama, but it's other people seeing the person pushing the theme as being in the wrong."

Kinaed nods at Yves.

Kuzco nods.

Arnault says, "I mean, consider how beheadings are considered spectacles and entertainment, in helpfiles and lore entries."

Kuzco says, "The one time someone went to the reeves for my sumptuary breaches, I recommended the snitch"

Kinaed nods at Arnault.

Temi claims, "Yeah, the stuff in courtesy would just be expected, not a big deal, IC wise."

Starstarfish claims, "And people will indeed from what I can tell subvert people over it. We had a Proconsul nearly gambited for putting someone on the rack, or that was from what could be told a factor."

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "Alright. Well... sounds like people here are in agreement, or have been notified, so... we'll see how it goes."

Kenny states, "And, mind you this, the person they put on a rqck was an npc Charali. So people should abaolutely not care about that. (This hss been a few months ago.)"

Kinaed claims, "Staff shouldn't approve non thematic gambits."

Kuzco claims, "Rather, support people for upholding the law."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed asks, "Staff talking points plz?"

Kenny nods.

Kuzco trails off, "If you even care about the law anyways...."

Kuzco grins.

Kinaed is on mobile.

Temi asks, "Starstar?"

Starstarfish questions, "Yes?"

Temi asks, "You had a topic?"

Starstarfish states, "Ah, sorry, missed it."

Starstarfish queries, "We've had a number of liquidations lately, and some of them, I admit have sort of put a dent in some RP. I know Liquidation policy was recently updated about not liquidating when one is in the middle of something or has recently "stirred something up" but how is that determined? "

Kenny nods.

Kinaed states, "By whether someone did something big enough that we know about it"

Temi nods.

Temi states, "It's sort of whether we know about it or not"

Temi states, "Plus, if we've been seeing big announcements of them doing crazy stuff, that definitely counts"

Starstarfish muses, "Can I bump the idea that the people leaving town rumors get posted with some kind of delay before the liquidation is finalized?"

Arnault claims, "Does mean y'can notify staff, if someone's done something large on grid, if it's been overlooked? Some people can definitely slip through the radar."

Azarial says, "Rumors are posted when the liquidation is processed."

Kinaed nods at Arnault.

Temi says, "You can let staff know, yes, especially if you have heard they might want to liquidate"

Temi says, "Telling staff everything that happens is probably overboard."

Arnault questions, "And if they've processed the liquidation already, despite knowing active RP's goin' on? "

Kuzco says, "I lost a lotta bards lately, just when we threatened to outnumber the merchants"

Kenny nods.

Starstarfish states, "My concern is there's been times it's all been sort of used as a threat."

Kinaed says, "You can. I just asked on staff if we can take any cnotes mentioning someone's name from the past 1 OOC week and display to staff on Liquidation requests "

Kinaed claims, "Will discuss further, may not be feasible"

Kuzco states, "The threat of liquidation is something I have heard too, and it's very grating."

LORRENT is idle.

Temi states, "The level of stuff we were worried about, this came up after Steven liquidated after killing the Vavardi nobles."

Kuzco nods.

Temi states, "But people should probably not be threatening to liquidate."

Kinaed states, "It is, having experienced ppl doing it to staff too, yeah. Report threats of liquidation, ot's OOC pressure. Will gen board a reminder to all."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Arnault says, "Thank you, Kink."

say Could we also put up a board about the punishments thing? We used to have one but it disappeared.

Starstarfish states, "Could we also put up a board about the punishments thing? We used to have one but it disappeared."

Kinaed nods at Arnault.

Kuzco states, "Thanks madam."

Arnault states, "Madam Kink D'la Rouge, of the Slippery Dolphin fame."

Kinaed claims, "The thematicness of punishments, you mean? Surr."

Kenny chuckles

Starstarfish nods.

Temi says, "Okay, I have an anonymous topic."

Temi queries, "From a player: How do players and staff feel about villains? Say if someone wanted to play a bad"

LORRENT is no longer idle.

LORRENT has returned from AFK.

Temi claims, "Gack"

Temi queries, "How do players and staff feel about villains? Say if someone wanted to play a bad guy would that be encouraged by staff? Would any incentives be offered? How do players feel about bad guys that do more than physically attack people and start combat? Like villains that are more on the manipulative side of things but still very much evil? I would like to see more incentives for bad guys myself. What are other peoples thoughts?"

Joske claims, "This is a strange topic."

Azarial states, "Nothing stops them from just doing it."

Kenny claims, "I love villains."

Kinaed claims, "I love them, personally and try to support them. We have the recommend system to reward them, and I am frequently resistant to ppl complaining to policy about them unless they're actually cheating."

Kuzco nods at Joske.

Starstarfish claims, "I admit that we seem to have this idea of seeing 'villains' as a special class of character that leans towards the Chaotic Evil side. Where if your character is a 'villain' and seen as one certain behaviors are lauded but from characters that do the same things without that mindset it's not as appreciated or recognized, maybe."

Kuzco says, "Villains tend to be piled up against, so they have to be more careful than purely good folks"

Kinaed states, "I even acid test first thing "is this complaint against policy""

Joske agrees with Azarial "Villains are not some special type of character one must app for, they can be done by anyone... With the exception of serial killers that bypass the familiarity requirement. Those need to be apped in."

Kinaed nods at Joske.

Kenny claims, "That's one thing, and its even better if you don't know who the 'villain' really is. Because shades of gray."

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

Starstarfish says, "I think overall we might be served by imagining more a D and D scale of alignment than just thinking of the world as 'good guys' and 'bad guys.'"

Arnault states, "I'd only say take being the 'villain' with a grain of salt. Have more RP hooks than you have RP blockers. Take it from the player of the resident asshole."

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

LORRENT says, "Not having the AFK flag in my prompt throws me off when I start idling, I gotta say. Off topic. On topic, I know from a past character that if you are doing evil things and few or no one knows about it, you can recommend yourself for the appropriate recs and staff approval."

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Yves says, "So basicly any sort of villainy aside from killing people is fair game to app without prior approval? And serial killers are over rated anyway. I like the idea of that. The best bad guys aren't all bad though...shades of grey."

Temi says, "Definitely approve of people doing villainous things, though I prefer them to be selfish rather than feeling they are evil themselves. Since that's not really the way evil happens."

Yves states, "Yeah, I agree there Temi. The best evil guys are just greedy or selfish."

Joske states, "You can kill folks without apping in. As long as it follows all the needed steps."

Elysaveta declares, "Just follow the pkill policies and you should be good!"

Kenny says, "Even better if you don't app them. And they're just cold and slimy bastards."

Temi nods at Yves.

Joske sugges reading Help PKILL

Arnault states, "I mean, even being part of the order, and being an honest Davite is high potential of villainage."

Kuzco says, "You can also do acts of villainy without being a villain"

Temi claims, "Okay, still have two topics. Moving along then."

Azarial says, "Ic villainy is not the same as ooc villainy"

Temi questions, "Flowers?"

Kuzco says, "Just every now and then for specific goals or self defense"

Joske ponders if the Righteous and Zealous Inquisitor could really be considered a villian? Smirks at the thought

Flowers claims, "Talking about punishments or expectations for certain things, I'd like to discuss people setting up expectations for things like Guild advancement or punishments that are heavily reliant on yourself or other people being active or reliable."

LORRENT says, "A villain to someone, certainly. Which is the best kind. A villain is also a hero to someone, if only themselves."

Flowers states, "IE: You can only X with Y person or when Z person is around."

Joske asks, "What about them?"

Temi says, "Well, we are an RP game, so having to interact with others will happen"

Yves says, "You mean like having goals that you and others have to work together towards Flowers? I'm confused."

Arnault claims, "The issue brought up is more about if those people are inactive, though."

Kenny claims, "Yeah I don't follow."

Kuzco nods.

Temi claims, "Though we wants GLs etc to have free reign to do what they think is best for their guilds, considering all the factors"

Temi says, "And the availability of the people they are expecting is a factor to consider, sure"

Kuzco states, "I think s he meants that some GLs bottleneck some things about the guild, then they become unavailable"

Flowers states, "Or they bottleneck and then liquidate."

Kenny says, "Ah"

Yves says, "Oh. That makes it harder on the person coming in too I wager."

Yves trails off, "Since things are backed up..."

Yves muses, "But what could be done about that? Without removing the freedom guildleaders have to run things their way?"

LORRENT states, "Gambit ineffective leaders that bottleneck things, before they can frak everything up and go inactive or liquidate."

Yves states, "Thats what I was thinking. If a guildleader is not doing their job then the guild can and should hold them accountable."

Joske claims, "Not liking the policies of a gl is a perfectly legit ic reason for subverting them."

LORRENT claims, "Have them killed, post a bounty, have them beaten, blackmailed, or framed. If you're not the type to bribe everyone in the guild to go against a GL, complain to someone who is."

Temi says, "Alright. Well, we can consider the GLs informed to keep that in mind... and people informed they can stand against those guildleader policies."

Flowers states, "I don't know if the freedom to run things should be based on OOC factors. People not being online to RP or being available is not an IC problem, though, and people get very mad if not sort of combatative if you RP that as them "not being around IC""

Azarial states, "Given that for events that if you weren;t there you weren't there, if you're not online then you;re icly not around to be contacted."

Temi muses, "One last question from Kenny?"

Kenny queries, "Was just wondering whether there are plans to opwn up noble positiona with a noble liquidating and the other being an actual daravi?"

Temi says, "It's not a 1 for 1 expectation."

Kenny states, "Noble applications, I mean"

Temi claims, "We won't open a slot up because another one closed."

Kenny pontificates, "Ah!"

Kenny nods

Temi claims, "We will reassess regularly to see if the current status looks for another one"

Kuzco claims, "I believe we could use a few more nobles.."

Temi states, "I think we're planning to take a look again this next week, so we'll see how the numbers look"

Starstarfish says, "I believe that is a feeling a lot of people have, given that Metrics et al and projects and such rely on active nobles being involved in politics stuff."

Temi claims, "Alright. We're out of time."

Azarial claims, "The average player can still vote on the city council objectives"

Temi wonders, "ANything else before I send everyone back?"

Kuzco claims, "Hmmmmmmmm"

Kuzco says, "I'm sure there is something but I can't remember"

Kuzco says, "As usual"

LORRENT declaims, "Hopefully black market sees some use soon! Lots of potential there"

Kenny claims, "Oh yeah black market"

Yves declaims, "We have a black market?!"

Temi pontificates, "Alright, bye folks!"

• Information