Log of OOC Meeting 2018-11-03

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Nigel nods to Silvermoon. Thats what happened to my family.

Virtusen says, "Hi scribe, I'm dad."

Kinaed wonders, "No one?"

Sparkles claims, "I have something I'd love to ask."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "I got you :)"

SilverMoon nods to Nigel

Kinaed muses, "Is Sparkles the only one with a topic today?"

Kenny states, "I already the bandits tight to lawfulness last two weeks ago and would justl ike to follow up incase it got lost in your piles and pilesof work lol"

Virtusen states, "I got one small thing as well."

Kenny says, "I already  suggested the bandits tied to lawfulness last two weeks ago and would justl ike to follow up incase it got lost in your piles and pilesof work lol"

Kenny claims, "Sorry, like Kinky, Australian-ish time so"

Kinaed states, "I think it's on our Staff Talking Points board."

Starstarfish says, "I have a proposal."

Kenny nods.

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "Got you"

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else?"

SilverMoon waves to starstar

Ianthe states, "I have a small feature request"

Temi says, "We haven't been able to get through staff talking points in a while, so there's some stuff waiting on that still."

Kenny nods at Temi 

Kinaed says, "Okay, if you've registered a topic, please pre-type it so you're ready to go when called upon. Got you, Ianthe."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, kicking off today."

Raspberries states, "I'm a little disappointed that we have a nod social, but not a shake social."

Kinaed states, "Public Service Announcement - please do not hang out idle in the editor or in POLCAs as this holds up Azarial's development and prevents bug fixes and new code from going into the game."

Kenny nods.

Temi states, "If you're not sure what you want to write for something and are going to need a lot of time to adjust and change phrasings and such, consider pre-writing in notepad before entering the editor"

Kinaed states, "As it is, Azarial asks on visnet if there are any holds, and you don't reply within a minute or so, and you are in the editor or a POLCA, you'll probably lose work when we reboot."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi has transferred BlueMoon.  [OOC]

Temi gives a ship-shaped float connected by a rope to a sphere of soap to BlueMoon.

Kinaed exclaims, "Or just respond to Azarial's request for holds with something like 'Just a minute!' and get out as quickly as possible"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that was the PSA I was requested to share."

Temi claims, "Even still, best to stay out of editors for long periods, since sometimes Az will wait and not even ask if he sees folks in their editors"

SilverMoon states, "I never say wait a second. :)"

Kinaed claims, "Well, on that - if you haven't read HELP HOLDS, please do."

Raspberries says, "Also remember if you're editing an OOC note, it'll be deleted if a reboot happens."

SilverMoon nods her had.

Kinaed claims, "It tells you if you need to tell Azarial to wait before a reboot."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kenny says, "Or if you lose internet suddenly, lol. The note gets deleted."

Kinaed says to Kenny, "Usually it won't, it'll be waiting for you when you type 'note write' again."

Kenny gasps

Kinaed states, "Kicking off Staff Updates - I haven't really done much of anything since I hired Joske."

Kinaed claims, "I'll be following up on how that's going today."

Kinaed claims, "On my desk - Jail Automation, Turf Wars."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me - Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "I've been whittling down the buglist, which has involved typos, refinements, some qol, a few crashes, and the like.  and I believe two spells this week for those of you that dabble in blasphemy.  a low water and a high fire, as I recall.  no major new systems this week."

Kirill is idle.

Kirill is no longer idle.

Kinaed claims, "Taking a quick look at the changes board."

Raspberries claims, "Neato."

Kenny declares, "Nice!"

Kinaed states, "Hopefully we've made the roster command a bit better."

Kinaed says, "GLs now need to put in an IC Event for a liquidation (can't just submit a rumor)"

Raspberries questions, "It's handy. are who manages what IC knowledge though?"

Kinaed says, "No, it's not IC info."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed says, "We possibly should consider differing the staff and player views of that. Maybe the Reeves or Merchants would be able to ICly access that info though"

Starstarfish muses, "Is that list going to re-add the headers by city section?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's everything I see. Yes, the spell lists are creeping up in numbers, very happy to give people new toys."

Raspberries states, "There's help businesses for that"

Starstarfish says, "That was removed."

Raspberries claims, "Oh."

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "Probably not"

SilverMoon nods.

SilverMoon says, "It was removed. Sad."

Temi claims, "Maybe we could add the area names or something like that."

Kinaed says, "I'll make a note of it. I think it will be hard to do, but maybe not."

SilverMoon muses, "So is it help roster now?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries nods at Temi.

Ianthe has lost link.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, I think that's all for Az. Thanks for the hard work, Az!"

Azarial nods.

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up."

Temi claims, "Roster is a command.  Don't need to use help roster to see it."

Ianthe has reconnected.

Temi states, "I've been continuing to work on magecrafting.  Az completed one of the requested features for new magecraft recipes, so I've replaced two of the old deprecated ones with a couple using that mechanic.  And one of the new spells Az added has a few magecrafts slotted for it that I have started working on."

Raspberries claims, "Especially for new players, it makes it hard to know where to go for things if the general location isn't listed."

Scorp is idle.

Temi declaims, "So.. hopefully those are enjoyed!"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says, "Is that all for staff? Okay, next up - Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed asks, "How was the game this week, folks?"

SilverMoon states, "It was pretty good."

SilverMoon states, "I rped a lot."

Kinaed smiles at SilverMoon.

BlueMoon declares, "It was fun!!!"

Tasker states, "Had a bunch of cool scenes this week, across my characters. "

Raspberries exclaims, "Didn't get to play much, but had a few nice scenes!"

Kinaed says, "That's nice to hear."

Kinaed nods at BlueMoon.

Kenny declares, "It was great, lots of new Rp opportunities, both amicable and conflcit driven RPs as well!"

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

SilverMoon says, "Yeah, me too. Over all my chars."

Elizabethany states, "A bit quiet for me, but I'm excited about the project we have coming up"

Kinaed wonders, "That's quite encouraging. Was the RP good when you had it? Things feel like they're happening?"

Kinaed nods at Elizabethany.

SilverMoon shrugs.

SilverMoon states, "Sometimes, yeah. :)"

Kinaed chuckles.

SilverMoon states, "I did not cry this week, be proud."

Kinaed grins at SilverMoon.

Ianthe declaims, "I cried!"

Kenny says, "A bit slow on the actiony side of things, sure,  but plots, subterfuge-ish and politics-centered are starting to be tailored, while some plots are being unraveled."

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, anything shitting anyone that isn't already a player topic that they want staff to know about?"

Kirill has returned from AFK.

SilverMoon claims, "I had a recommend get rejected this week. While I don't normally recommend, I didn't really make it themely enough I guess, it kinda surprised me."

Kirill claims, "Sorry if this overlaps with anything said previously, but I wanted to mention that there should be an event happening tonight after the chat."

SilverMoon states, "But it doesn't shit me, it just surprised me."

BlueMoon states, "Oh and a PsA to all merchants, there is a guild wide meeting tonight."

Kinaed claims, "We typically reject recommends that don't meet the purpose of rewarding people who are moving plots (ie, "I love your RP" isn't enough for us to score)"

Elysaveta pontificates, "Should be, as far as I know!"

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

Kenny asks of Kirill, "An ST, or?"

Temi states, "Adding theme, driving RP plots, not just being a fun RP partner."

Kirill claims, "Nah, just a casual event this time."

Scorp is no longer idle.
Scorp has returned from AFK.

SilverMoon claims, "I have to use my other me to go to meetings."

SilverMoon nods.

Kenny declares, "Oh not shitting me, but eh...reverse-shitting me is that we had two members come back after a hiatus! So yay!"

SilverMoon claims, "Oh good."

Kinaed states, "That's great to hear."

Temi says, "And just because a recommend is rejected doesn't mean it's no good.  It might just mean you forgot to mention the parts that we can reward for, like how thematic it was."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon nod nods and curls up.

Starstarfish asks, "I might say that maybe those recommends should just get no points? But be accepted?"

Kinaed claims, "We often ask players to resubmit with something in the Recommend Criteria so we can score it."

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "No, because it's not what we made the system for and we don't intend to reward for that."

SilverMoon says, "Oh, it is no worries. It just surprised me."

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

They aren't here.

Raspberries claims to Starstarfish, "You could always just send a tell to say you enjoyed the RP, if it's not enough to recommend for"

Virtusen is idle.

Virtusen is no longer idle.
Virtusen has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think that covers our Player Heartbeat. Thanks everyone. :)"

Kinaed muses, "Next up - Player Topics. Our first player is... Sparkles. Please introduce us to your topic?"

Sparkles says, "I'd like to ask if some of the new plants/items might get added to the resources."

Kinaed claims, "I don't know, but I'll put it on Staff Talking Points because I'm not terribly familiar with what went in to just answer."

Temi says, "We'll take a look at it.  I already have some updates planned on resources, but I've been putting off magecrafting too long already."

Sparkles nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles pontificates, "Thanks!"

Raspberries states, "A system for editing the resources might be handy (for staff), from what I gather it's difficult to add to at the moment"

Sparkles claims, "Or to sell the resource back seperate from the whole asset."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure if any staff member can except Azarial, so that's a good Staff Talking Point"

Temi states, "I think we've got ways to handle it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "I don't think we want to make resources feel like a separate thing to the item that you can easily change out though.  I'd probably lean towards continuing to have to lose the resource altogether if you want to replace it."

Sparkles wonders, "Maybe allow folks to change that while they are still cyan?"

Sparkles states, "Sometimes you don't realize what might be the most IC useful/helpful to you until you've looked around a bit."

Kinaed says, "Oh, this is talking about players changing their resource on their asset, not about staff adding a new resource to the choices available."

Temi says, "We can certainly help one-off for cyans who made mistakes in their choices, at our discretion."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles claims, "It's both sorry I wasn't more clear."

Kinaed says, "If you're cyan and want to change your asset, please drop staff a Request Board."

Kinaed claims, "Er 'asset resource'"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I think that's all for that. Virtusen, would you like to introduce us to your topic?"

Virtusen asks, "Nothing too long. I merely noticed that the second any kind of mage does something publically IC, everyone immediately turns off their whereRP and the entire mud effectively shuts down unless you're already with someone/arrange things in tells. Do people not trust mages/'bad guys' that badly?"

Ianthe claims, "O shoot I'm almost uncyan and need to get on that"

SilverMoon claims, "We freak out, admittedly"

Kinaed claims, "Heh, not sure I've personally seen anything like that."

Temi says, "I've never seen that happen myself, except like during the mage rampaging the city, I saw people actually ICly run and hide."

SilverMoon says, "But I usually just let it happen."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial states, "Given that a mage does not need whererp to find their victims, it doens;t help much."

Elysaveta claims, "I haven't noticed it, personally, but maybe I just miss all the mage shenanigans."

Virtusen claims, "It happened a couple days ago. Me and 1 other were the only people on whererp, and 14 people were online. "

Temi states, "But that wasn't 'any kind of something'."

Kinaed claims, "I have no idea what happened, so I'll listen and accept the observation."

Temi nods.

Starstarfish claims, "I admit that being willing to RP for those things can have IC consequences, so that can be difficult."

Virtusen claims, "And I checked my logs and we had 9 on whererp before it happened :P"

SilverMoon states, "Wow"

SilverMoon says, "I wasn't there for that, I don't think."

Kenny says, "I also noticed that a bit, when my character got into a somewhat altercation with a mage."

Virtusen asks, "I'm not saying everyone has to go hunt a mage down the second anything happens. But at least keep your whererp on so people can still rp you know?"

Temi says, "It could have been coincidence, or it could have made IC sense.  Don't know what happened.  Though people, please don't turn off your whererp if you OOCly hear about something happening elsewhere that you couldn't change to."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kenny nods.

Virtusen states, "Or you know, ICly hear about it either ;)"

Kinaed smiles.

Elysaveta states, "I haven't heard about any mages IG since Dvi, so honestly I have no clue."

Kinaed nods at Virtusen.

Temi says, "If you ICly hear about it, and are changing your behavior, I think it's fine.  If you run and hide in a backroom... not leaving whererp on makes fine sense to me."

Kinaed checks our mage activity.

SilverMoon nods.

Virtusen says, "I'm aware that Whererp is of course, purely optional, but the game basically relies on it to function."

Kenny claims, "Unless you're the one doing the mage shenanigans,  then by all means keep where rp off :P"

SilverMoon states, "Not always."

Virtusen claims, "Perhaps not always, but often."

Virtusen claims, "Imo anyway."

Kinaed questions, "Everyone knows they can become a mage through the Sacrifice commands if they want to, right?"

Tasker claims, "SUSSH"

Tasker bares her sword.

Starstarfish claims, "Well, they do now."

Virtusen says, "If you really thing a mage is gonna check whererp and go 'aha let's go slaughter that large group of innocents' then well, you need to talk to admins about meta."

Ianthe states, "I didn't"

Kinaed puts up a thumb.

SilverMoon claims, "Good god"

Kenny squeals and repeatedly  claps.

Virtusen states, "I didn't."

Kinaed says, "And now you know."

Starstarfish says, "Well there goes me inviting anyone over to my house ever again ever."

Kenny pontificates, "Lithmore becomes a city of mages overnight! The horror!"

Virtusen states, "Well sure, but not gonna know that Icly am I ;)"

Azarial says, "One of my better sets of strings."

SilverMoon states, "I'm sorry, no"

SilverMoon says, "Nooooo"

Kenny says, "Kidding. :P"

Elysaveta returns to hiding under her mage and sacrifice free rock.

SilverMoon claims, "Right/"

SilverMoon grins

Virtusen states, "Help sacrifice doesn't seem to mention turning people into mages so it isn't common IC knowledge I guess."

Virtusen claims, "Oh JK, it does."

Azarial says OOCly, "You have to find the self-help book."

SilverMoon says, "Just... mind blown."

Kinaed says, "It's not common IC knowledge, it should be common OOC knowledge."

Virtusen says, "That's my lot anyway. Trust your fellow players more ladies and gents. If they're gonna break the rules and meta, they'll be punished (hopefully)"

GILES states, "I had no idea."

Kinaed states to Virtusen, "I hope your topic has led to the changes in behavior you're hoping for. :) Thank you for sharing your thoughts."

Kinaed nods at Virtusen.

Kenny exclaims, "Yup, so no accidentally stabbing your husband through the heart with an Athame and awakening mage powers!"

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "You're up next :)"

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

SilverMoon states, "Please? I just wanna stab a little? No hard feelings honey, but you're not the one."

Starstarfish states, "I think this has been proposed before but I'd like to propose or maybe boost the idea of some changes to the messenger spec. One is to link messenger profiles to mail profiles, and have people have messenger profiles with a description of their regular messenger. And thus people can see whom is approaching them before they accept it. ICly you'd be able to see who is standing there, but ... codewise you have to take it on blind faith. Which can lead to some awkward situations."

Starstarfish says, "I'd also like to propose an option to pay more to have a messenger arrive faster. With perhaps the amount Metrics relative. But when people have time at a premimum waiting the time for the messenger to arrive can mean the scene gets missed. Or a tendency to want to set up scenes over tells which ... invites trouble if the scene in question might lead to policy concerns. "

Kinaed rolls this around in her head.

Starstarfish says, "As when a messenger is taking forever to arrive and you are waiting on it to have a reason to start a scene, it eventually leads to a bunch of tells about it."

Temi states, "We have a change on the bug board for messenger approaches."

Azarial says, "Part of what youa re seeing is the delay before the messenger decides that the target is unfindable and returns."

Raspberries claims, "I'll second the linking messengers to mail profiles."

Temi states, "I think the messenger approaches will fix a lot of the issue with not knowing who it is."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think I'll put that on Staff Talking Points."

Temi states, "The increased costs thing is interesting, but definitely needs discussion."

BlueMoon is idle.

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Send me the link for the bug?"

BlueMoon is no longer idle.
BlueMoon has returned from AFK.

Virtusen wonders, "Oh, may I say something extra when we're all done?"

Raspberries claims, "If you're trying to be sneaky, you can send a messenger, but they can't reply unless you give yourself away"

Temi claims, "Bug 119"

Starstarfish wonders, "Could that happen with mail too? Like seeing you have mail from X account?"

Kinaed wonders, "Huh?"

Scorp is idle.
Kirill is idle.

Kirill is no longer idle.

Raspberries claims to Starstarfish, "I think just knowing you have mail is enough."

Kinaed says, "Right now, if you type 'account', you'll see which accounts have mail. I don't think even irl you can 'pre see' who mail comes from."

Starstarfish claims, "If you have more than one mail profile, you cannot see which of your profiles has mail."

Temi claims to Kinaed, "I think they mean if you have aliases."

Kinaed asks, "What problem is that trying to solve?"

Temi states, "I think a list on score of profiles with mail could make sense."

Raspberries states, "You can actually, don't remember how though"

Scorp is no longer idle.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries says, "And you have to be at the courier"

Kinaed states, "Or a separate command."

Scorp has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "If you have your GoodWellBehavedLady profile up northside, and SneakySneakerson profile in Southside, you might not want to go to the wrong place."

Kinaed nods.

Raspberries exclaims, "Ah! 'receive list' shows which profiles have mail"

Starstarfish questions, "Is that highlighted in the helpfile?"

Raspberries states, "And you can 'receive (profile)' to just receive that one's"

Temi claims, "It's in the syntax, but not further described.  We could probably add that."

Kirill has returned from AFK.

Starstarfish nods.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, it looks incomplete. When I type 'receive list', I get nothing in return, not even 'Unrecongized command' or 'Kinaed has no mail on any profile.'"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for the suggestions, we'll look at them."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, that was Star Star..."

Kinaed states to Ianthe, "I believe you're next :) Please introduce us to your topic."

Ianthe says, "I think it would be neat to have a gossip command that lets you search active rumors for a particular character."

Ianthe claims, "Helpful for digging up dirt. or investigating characters"

Kinaed states, "We can probably organize something like that."

Kinaed states, "Thanks for the suggestion."

Ianthe smiles

Raspberries states, "Since the change to the topics for rumors, it is a little harder to find what is about who so easily"

Elizabethany claims, "Maybe a pay for rumor-search to tell you which rumors to buy or such."

Kirill says, "Unless the rumor mentioned the person by a specific name, it'd be just as likely to miss them."

Raspberries nods at Kirill.

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Starstarfish asks, "Maybe a way to link rumors to whom they are about even if isn't by name?"

Elizabethany states, "But yeah, if you wanted to find stuff about Empena, you might have to search for both Empena and Seneschal."

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Raspberries claims to Starstarfish, "That's how it used to work"

Kinaed nods at Elizabethany.

Temi states, "I don't think linking rumor to who it's about would quite work, since a lot of comments about people are on other rumors."

Raspberries states, "I don't know if it necessarily needs to be handled by code. Maybe just bug a Bard to sort through the rumors for you."

Kinaed claims, "We have a few options though, it's not hard."

Sparkles exclaims, "I support asking a Bard!"

Elizabethany declaims, "Easy solution!"

Kinaed questions, "I think Virtusen wanted to raise a second topic or idea/announcement?"

Virtusen questions, "Yeah. I'm looking to do a charali themed ST. What do you guys as a community want to see most? As I imagine a lot of you don't know much about them :)"

Raspberries states, "The horse race Farra did was fun."

Kenny wonders, "Rival Charali clans looking for a third party to help settle affairs?"

Kinaed says, "Maybe demonstrate some Charali customs, like have a wedding ceremony or feast, etc."

Raspberries says, "I'd like to see Atilia the Charalin conquer Vavard."

Kenny declaims, "Oooh! Lost lithmorran kid manages to make their way into the encampment where htey get into all sorts of trouble!"

Virtusen states, "Feasts, hunting and races have been done quite a few times before."

Virtusen says, "Hmm."

Kirill claims, "Feasts, hunts, and races sound like fun to me."

Starstarfish states, "Just because something was done before means everyone who went last time went, so."

Virtusen claims, "Troo. I got an idea. I'll ask admins about it"

Ianthe claims, "Bonfire, rain dance, peace pipe"

Elysaveta states, "Certainly could do some kind of racial tensions issue, with recent events."

Kenny says, "But it'll be hard for the St Runner to think of something creative that was not done by an equal ST runner before."

Kinaed states, "No reason not to redo fun things. The pbase changes reasonably rapidly over time, honestly. It won't be exactly the same or presented to exactly the same audience."

Starstarfish nods.

Kirill nods.

Raspberries nods.

SilverMoon nods.

Kirill says, "I've been playing for years and don't think I've ever been to a Charali themed event."

Virtusen claims, "Ok, my idea's approved, I'll try and set it up B)"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kenny claims, "Racial Tension? Serial killer...of Charalin Horses, need to find out who did it."

Kenny claims, "Or that. :P"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're out of topics, but wrapping around to people who had more than one."

Starstarfish says, "I could do without more horse murders, but that's just me."

Virtusen states, "Issue with things like that is it often ends up with 'racism is bad yo', which isn't really the theme of TI ;)"

Kinaed muses to Sparkles, "Would you like to introduce us to your next topic?"

Sparkles wonders, "Could wigs allow you to use the brushes on them for a longer effect, or to give the nice hair brush effect or something similiar that maybe wears out and could be redone, so that they could be used to RP things like getting your hair done?"

Kinaed claims, "It'll require a code change, so I'll put it on Staff Talking Points."

Sparkles nods.

Kinaed queries, "That's all I've got. Anyone have anything to add?"

Kenny queries to Kinaed, "Kinky? Can I get a minute of your time after the meeting?"

Raspberries wonders, "How's the disguise thing coming?"

Kinaed nods at Kenny.

Kinaed claims, "Yes."

Azarial claims, "Slow"

Raspberries nods.

Temi states, "Disguise is going to be a bigger project and require focus before we get to it."

Kinaed claims, "Alrighty - please consider writing a review on Reddit if you'd like to help us get more players to play with you. :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Kinaed states, "I think TMC said they're no longer taking reviews, but we appreciate them there too."

Kinaed declaims, "I think that's everything for today. Please enjoy the events being run today!"

Raspberries waves.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you, players who are running events for others. It's deeply appreciated."

Kinaed claims, "On that, if you're a player benefiting from other players' events, or even just tendency to add conflict and 'stuff to RP about' to your day... please remember to use the 'Recommend' command to reward them."

Kinaed declaims, "It's okay to turn in recommends late!"

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed exclaims, "And on that, we've hit the top of the hour. Thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat, and I look forward to seeing you next week. Remember the daylight savings shift!"

• Information