Log of OOC Meeting - 10/27/18

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Temi queries, "Okay, our agenda today is: 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics. Before we get started, does anyone have any player topics they know they want to get on the list?"

BlueMoon says, "Yes, I have a question of sorts."

Starstarfish claims, "I have a short something."

Temi queries, "Okay, I've got you two. Anyone else so far?"

Sparkles says, "I have a question I can ask if there's time."

Temi exclaims, "Okay then. If anyone else thinks of anything, please let me know and I'll add you to the list. So, on to staff updates!"

Temi wonders, "Az?"

Azarial states, "Some typos, a crash, some QoL stuff. Stopped up a few abused story bugs. nothing too major this week overall, I believe."

Temi says, "Let's see... checking over the change board, I think that covers most of it, though I know you've made some progress on Improvised as well."

Raspberries claims, "Ooo"

Thatguy questions, "Weapons?"

Temi nods at Thatguy.

Thatguy claims, "Neat."

Starstarfish claims, "Here's hoping for brass knuckles."

Golden questions, "Like using bottles as clubs?"

Golden states, "Bar fights will never be the same."

Joske says, "Brass knuckles feels more like something that would fall under unarmed than improvised"

Thatguy says, "Unarmed yeah."

Raspberries wields a canister of fat, writhing leeches.

Temi states, "Yes, like that. Some of the changes will be in, but the system is still in flux, so be forgiving if you see anything weird for now."

Thatguy claims, "Raspberries has the right idea. Dual wield leeches."

Raspberries states, "Oh I see a change: Raspberries finds a canister of fat, writhing leeches a bit light to do good damage."

Raspberries stops using a canister of fat, writhing leeches.

Temi states, "Yep! Part of the plan is to allow more things, but be more transparent about what's good or not."

Joske wonders, "Sounds like your leeches need to feast more. Are you feeding them properly?"

Raspberries nods at Joske.

Golden states, "Poor skinny leeches."

Temi says, "For myself, I've helped Az with some testing for improvised. And I got an approval for our plan for Ahalin visitors, though we don't have it implemented yet."

Raspberries questions, "What's the plan?"

BYEFELICIA says, "Sounds like people need to be less squirmy about leechings. They're getting hungry. :)"

Temi claims, "So, we've got a three stage block - first, only physicians and troubadours. Second, an accept to agree to the policy on being searched and what you don't have access to. And third, a pass that the law guilds can give out to approved people."

Temi claims, "So, that should open things up without too much additional risk, which I know the knights and reeves were worried about."

Thatguy asks, "What does it do funtionally?"

Golden says, "That sounds like a good idea. Physicians most certainly need access on occassion I would think."

Thatguy says, "Functionally. I can type I swear."

Temi claims, "It allows approved physicians and troubadours access to Ahalin tower jail rooms so that they can visit prisoners. Helps with transing them in and such."

Sparkles claims, "Use your free phone call for a Troubadour, at least your story will get told before you go."

Dusty states, "Sounds decent to me"

Golden says, "I'm not sure why troubadours would need access but I won't complain. :)"

Thatguy exclaims, "Good idea!"

Raspberries questions, "What happens when bards or docs are arrested?"

Golden asks, "Isn't there a way to lock them in a cell?"

Temi states, "That's only one stage of it. There's still the pass and the accept. People can't just use it to leave."

Raspberries nods.

Dusty muses, "Troubadours are basically flashy record keepers and advisors, yea? makes sense to me"

LORRENT states, "You can lock any of the prisoners in cells or throw them in the oubliette/deep."

Golden nods to Dusty.

BYEFELICIA claims, "Nnhf, the oubliette~"

Temi claims, "Yeah, bards are included because of their rights of passage as part of the truth keepers of the realm."

Temi says, "But yeah, that's basically what we have planned for it. Continuing on... Joske! Can you introduce yourself and give your.. well, I don't know if it's quite an update if it's the first one."

Temi grins at Joske.

Dusty exclaims, "Grand entrance!"

Raspberries tossess confetti and glitter.

Joske claims, "I can't very well say I've done much this week, mostly just been learning the ropes and whatnot."

Thatguy says, "Pish. You got named staff so you did that."

GILES nods.

Temi nods.

Temi states, "For those who didn't see the note, Joske was recently hired on as our new plot staffer."

Golden is excited to see the upcoming plots!

Raspberries looks closely at a common eating knife with a scant wooden handle belonging to Joske.

Joske his eyes completely glossed over the introduction part.

Thatguy declares, "Feel free to mess with me!"

Temi states, "So I'm sure we have some excitement to look forwards to once he's settled in."

Raspberries wonders to Joske, "The Plot staff doesn't get a plot staff?"

Temi declares, "Just a warning that these things can take a while to get ready, so don't get too impatient!"

Starstarfish wonders, "So will they you answering plots players submit via the regular system? Or running more like staff STs?"

Joske smirks at raspberries "I was told I earn that after 3 weeks." smirks

Kirill declares, "D'aw. Cute!"

Golden invites Joske to mess with all of the mes. I have some fun secrets for some of my alts that you might be able to tap into too. If you want. ;)

Temi says, "Both plot headers and ST-like scenes, depending on what's appropriate. Joske will also help pitch in on other stuff like day to day RPA plot system stuff as appropriate. He's not confined to a box."

Temi muses to Joske, "Anything else you wanted to add for now?"

Joske shakes their head "Nothing else I can really add. You explained it better than I could have, and faster than I did."

Temi asks, "Okay then... moving on again. Player Heartbeat. How's RP this week, folks?"

Golden says, "I've been a bit burnt out the past two weeks or so roughly, thats why I haven't been around much. I'm back now though and hoping to become more active and into things. Overall though I'm good at the moment, happy to be back."

Raspberries claims, "I've been busy with RL stuff, so other than one nice scene, haven't really been around"

Thatguy states, "Feeling pretty good. Had a few big dramas and apparently people are loving me. Makes me happy."

Pookstall states, "I've had some nice little scenes, though, of course, never available enough."

BYEFELICIA claims, "Eh."

Kirill claims, "Having fun with my current ST, just making shit up and seeing who drops by for RP."

Kirill states, "Will be continuing after the chat."

Temi asks of BYEFELICIA, "Eh doesn't sound terribly awesome. Anything staff should be aware of?"

Dusty states, "Fantastic, tbh. I've got a few new contenders for favorite scenes thus far. "

Sparkles states, "I've had some interesting scenes this week. I appreciate everyone willing to play along with the family antics."

BYEFELICIA says, "Nothing really staff should be directly aware of. Just been an 'eh' week. Comme ce, comme sa. Onna those weeks."

Temi queries, "Or anything staff should be aware of in general?"

Temi nods at BYEFELICIA.

Temi exclaims, "That's fair!"

LORRENT says, "I had fun. Niamh did a dope little tabletop-esque roll through on a plot for me, too, which was awesome."

GILES states to Kirill, "The destist stuff - SCARY."

Dusty trails off, "I still need to drop in on dentistry if I can... "

BlueMoon declares, "You should!!! It's fun!!!"

Kirill says, "Dude, seriously. I never thought I'd be squeamish about anything. Violence-based gore is easy compared to dentistry. >_>"

GILES nods at Kirill.

Raspberries grins.

Golden says, "Fear the dentist."

Temi pontificates, "Alright then. Sounds like things are definitely good in general - and kudos to Kirill for the dentistry plot, seems popular!"

say Medieval medicine can be horrifying.

Starstarfish claims, "Medieval medicine can be horrifying."

Temi says, "Don't forget to send recommends for things you appreciate."

BlueMoon claims, "Me is rather attached to the dentist char. Will be sad to see him go."

GILES questions, "We can recommend Kirill for being the dentist, right?"

Temi nods at GILES.

GILES says, "Cool."

Raspberries waves to Wimpled.

Golden states, "I'll take medevial medicine over medival dentistry anyday. That said I do want to come look."

Temi asks, "Let's go on to player topics. BlueMoon, you had something?"

BlueMoon states, "Yes, more a question than something. I was curious about the whole door system. First off, I know you can secure the door, then permit someone. But what happens if you give someone a key, but forget to permit them? I was told, that it would trigger the Reeve thing that it used to trigger when you forgot to assign a key. So if it does, can you explain the benefits of having the door system, rather than the key system? Because to me, it seems the same, only a touch worse, because you can't just assign the key and give it to the person, you have to go home, permit the person, then give the key."

Raspberries states, "Yeah, still not perfect but not sure what would be."

BlueMoon says, "Oh and one other thing. How do guild owned shops and such work? It said something about it refreshing and checking ritz, but I'm not sure what that means. i tried asking these questions on visnet, but never got the answers."

Kirill claims, "I don't think you need to give them the key BEFORE you permit them."

Starstarfish wonders, "What was the inspiration for the key code change?"

Temi claims, "So, it's changing the limitations to be based on a door, rather than a key. It is very similar to what it was before, but now you can change who is allowed or not allowed when you don't have the key."

Kirill says, "You can permit them anytime, whether they have a key or not."

Raspberries claims, "Also had a weird glitch regarding the door permissions, where setting it on one door affected another"

Kipperonie says, "Huh."

Temi states, "So you give your girlfriend a key, then you have a huge following out and she promises to murder you."

BlueMoon states, "Yes, but... there's no real effective change is there? I don't think anyways. Plus, if you permit someone, who doesn't have a key, then... what on earth is the point? They can't open the door without a key. I fail to see the benefits."

Kirill says, "Good example."

GILES claims, "LOL. I'm guessing that has happened on the game."

Kirill states, "There's an effective change in that you now have control."

Temi says, "Old system: she's allowed to keep using the key. New system: she can start being unwelcome, even if she still has the key."

Starstarfish wonders, "But that used to require codedly changing the doors. Does that mean you never need to pay to change the doors?"

Kipperonie says, "Well, for instance, if someone doesn't have the permission to use they key, but steals it, they still have to be stealthy, rather than just walking in like they're marie antoinette to a cake shop."

Starstarfish questions, "As RP wise, if the door lock isn't changing how is she suddenly not let inside? Who or what is stopping them?"

Joske claims, "They can be let inside, it's just a matter of whether or not the reeves will be notified."

Temi states, "Or, if someone is allowed, and you give a key to them and their husband, but they get the keys mixed up, both of them are still allowed in without setting off any alarms."

Raspberries says to Starstarfish, "The key will still work, just as if they had a key that wasn't assigned before. It just triggers a crime warning"

Kirill states, "That was never addressed with the old system, either, Star."

GILES claims, "Ohhhh."

Temi claims, "It's whether it is logged as a crime or not, and whether any guards would prevent them."

BlueMoon states, "So essentially there is no real difference? This entire thing confuses me. Second, how do guild owned things work/"

Kirill says, "I think it was assumed that if someone doesn't have permission, and ends up on crimelog, or reported, there can be RPA from that involving neighbors and things."

Temi says, "There can be guild ownership on rooms as well."

Temi nods at Kirill.

BlueMoon claims, "Yes, but you could have done the same thing with the old system. So I don't quite understand. yes, but what about shops? How do those work? merchants have a lot of shops, and I don't know how to handle all the doors on those."

Temi states, "It's not a big change, but there's several situations it improves."

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Dusty says, "Okay, actually makes sense, I think, considering some key kerfuffles a few weeks back... I don't get it perfectly, but I do kinda get the idea."

Kirill claims, "I dig the new system. It gives the homeowner more control over who counts as 'suspicious' or 'unwelcome' at any given time. Plus, you never accidentally get reported for entering your own home with an unassigned key."

Temi states, "I'm not sure how Niamh set up the guild-owned shop permissions. I'd suggest asking her about that."

Raspberries nods at Kirill.

Dusty states, "If there's issues in guild shop assignment and such, I imagine that'll be bugged out through normal play."

Temi nods.

Raspberries wonders, "The only trouble I see is giving someone a key and saying "Hey, I can't leave right now, can you go pick up x from y?" "

BlueMoon says, "Merp, okay. I don't really understand, but I'll... muddle along. i'm not seeing how it's an improvement. Okay well... okay Kyril what you say is an improvement true, but in general, it seems the same, just like being really odd."

Temi says, "Which the neighbors would not know is suddenly okay."

Temi grins at Raspberries.

Kirill queries, "Think of it as a neighbor or something keeping an eye on your door, as opposed to tracking your keys?"

Temi says to BlueMoon, "That's fair. It's a bit of a change and will take some getting used to. We're excited about it though."

Temi wonders, "Let's move on to the next topic. Starstar, you had something?"

Starstarfish states, "I'm never quite sure how to bring this up, but ... the issue of folks DCing in scenes then coming back and just walking out without saying anything is making the rounds again."

Temi says, "So, again, folks, if you have to go, try to let people know, and if you return, it's best to at least drop a message to the people there if you can't stay."

Temi claims, "Not generally a policy issue unless it seems like there's some repeated patterns going on, but still basic respect for your fellow players."

Kipperonie queries, "Huh. Like, has it been just to leave, or like, switching scenes without notifying?"

Raspberries claims, "I've noticed a cyan doing such, perhaps an osay the next time you see them will get the message across."

Starstarfish claims, "General reminder about people setting their fadeout too, so it might provide an RP reason for where you might suddenly go."

BlueMoon says, "Okay wait hold on."

Dusty muses, "What's a fadeout?"

Temi says, "Voidout, I think she means."

Raspberries claims to Starstarfish, "I just assume they have to pee."

Starstarfish nods.

Kirill says, "The message that displays when you go idle, I think."

Thatguy queries, "Isnt it a command of some description to be moved to an OOC room for a period of time?"

Temi states, "No, it's to set the message for when you go to the idle room."

Raspberries claims, "Not a command, but there is an idle timer"

Thatguy states, "Ah."

BlueMoon claims, "So the reason I think that's happening is because for example, I might disconnect, in say a public room, like the queen's. Now, when I come back, there might be people there, since it is apublic room. Some people, like me think, since I just logged, and not really part of the scene, you can walk out. it's not really meant to upset people. but honestly it happens, where people disconnect for rl reasons, and when they come back, they see a scene in progress. In an effort not to disturb, they leave. Or maybe, they leave because they only connected to check something real quick."

Dusty claims, "Oh, cool. I didn't know this was a thing"

Dusty nods at Kirill.

Dusty says, "Whoops, wrong name"

BlueMoon says, "The thing is, I'm totally guilty of going idle, and leaving the game, due to an important phone call, or other rl circumstances. I can understand why it might bother some people, but I think we have to give some consideration to people and their rl circumstances."

Temi says to BlueMoon, "It's best to drop an osay or something 'Sorry, can't stay!' or soemthing like that. I think people are complaining more when it was pretty recent, not a completely different scene."

Raspberries says to Kirill, "I think as long as you give a quick osay, there's no complaints on that"

Raspberries says, "Err"

Thatguy claims, "The respect works both ways in the situation. As it always does."

Dusty says, "But yeah, usually if I have to idle out in a scene at all, it's gonna be an osay apology and gone beyond the end of the scene, def."

Kirill draws attention.

Temi claims, "Or an osay like 'sorry, it looks like things have moved on. Please just assume I left earlier.' Just so people know that you're respecting them as an another player."

Starstarfish says, "If you are stepping away completely to answer the phone and such, you should probably logout or set AFK. I don't say that to be mean, but if you are on grid bad things can happen that might lead to hurt feelings."

Dusty nods.

Temi states, "Always best to do when you can, but we understand, sometimes things come up."

Temi states, "Just, try to be understanding when you come back too."

Raspberries nods.

BlueMoon states, "Right, and that should be a concerted effort to be made by everyone involved. But there are cases, where I genuinely can't. Like a friend calls me, and they're in distress. I'm not necessarily going to have the time to do that, while I'm giving my undivided attention. So yes, I think a concerted effort should be made, but I also think people have to be understanding and patient about the fact that rl happens."

Temi nods.

Dusty nods.

Temi says, "Everyone understands. I think they are just requesting people not do that and then log back in and leave without a sorry or something."

GILES says, "Well, the hurt feelings thing is what I worry about if I ever have to go suddenly. In the future, if I ever idle on anyone, just assume something terrible happened. I would never idle on a person because I don't like the RP."

Thatguy says, "Yes, which is what i meant earlier by the respect goes both ways. The leaver should attempt to let everyone know. The others should also try to assume the leaver did their best."

Golden nods and agrees with that. Respect is a two way street.

Wimpled eats a set of false candy teeth, formed from sugar crystal drops.

BlueMoon claims, "Right, because trust, I have my rp partner idle on me, all the time. At least once a day. And I know they're busy at work, so I just shrug, nod, and wait. lol :p"

GILES claims, "Last time I RP'd with Edony I ended up puking my brains out after I threw up on my computer. I assume she knows I just... couldn't."

Temi claims, "Okay. I think we're on the same page now."

Temi asks, "Last topic. Sparkles?"

Sparkles questions, "This is a clarification about rumors as a Bardy type who watches rumors. Are people supposed to like directly respond to rumors with names etc?"

GILES states, "I'd like to know that too."

Temi says, "There's not a policy against it. However things seem best in the situation, I think."

Sparkles questions, "Also, a recent rumor seems to indicate folks can have more than one pshop, which helpfiles says isn't allowed. So do you report rumors that indicate folks might be OOC cheating?"

Raspberries claims, "Rules on rumors are a little lax. I feel like only replies that could come from any random joe should be allowed"

Dusty claims, "Speaking as a fairly new player, I assumed rumors more or less represent reasonable public opinions. Seems reasonable to me that names would be involved in that sometimes, especially of certain people."

Temi claims, "If you're worried that someone is breaking OOC rules, do let staff know."

Temi claims, "If the rumors are just suggesting that because they are going crazy or whatnot, rumors are not required to be truthful."

Golden claims, "I don't see why names couldn't be used. But I would think the rumors would also need to be written in a way that the npcs that gossip could spread them and not sound silly."

Temi claims, "ANd yes, the rumor responses should make sense as something that fits within the circle the rumor is assigned to."

Raspberries nods.

Sparkles states, "Not ICly truthful, but using the rumors to indicate folks doing things against policy feels squishy"

BlueMoon says, "That is squishy"

BlueMoon claims, "Very squishy"

Golden says, "Yeah."

BlueMoon says, "Too squishy"

Thatguy asks, "Squishy?"

Dusty says, "I'm not sure I follow squishy tbh"

Temi says, "If you're worried about one, you can report it, and we'll consider the issue."

Raspberries nods.

Sparkles nods.

Temi states, "Though I don't think the shop thing is an actual policy."

BlueMoon claims, "Squish"

BlueMoon says, "Okay sorry, I'm done not being helpful."

Temi claims, "It's just limits on phomes people can own."

Raspberries claims, "You are allowed multiple shopkeepers by the way"

Raspberries claims, "The limitation is on one phome, and one pshop"

BlueMoon states, "Shop shop"

Raspberries nods.

Kirill says, "And the only requirement for a pshop is that there's someone there selling something. It can also double as your phome if you put a bed in there."

Raspberries nods at Kirill.

Temi queries, "Okay. Does that sort that out? Anything else in our last minute?"

Kirill claims, "There's also no policy on how many shops you rent from the Merchants -- it's however many they'll rent out to you."

BlueMoon exclaims, "All shops are mine!!!"

BlueMoon laughs.

BlueMoon says, "Sorry, I'm really done being obnoxiosu"

BlueMoon claims, "Obnoxious rather"

Raspberries has nothing.

Golden is good.

Sparkles questions, "Maybe that helpfile might need qualification?"

Dusty claims, "I'm good"

Sparkles states, "I'm not sure."

Temi states, "If you see something unclear, feel free to submit a typo report."

Sparkles nods.

BlueMoon pontificates, "Off we go!!! Energize!!!"

Temi declaims, "Okay then. I'll go ahead and send folks back. Have a nice rest of your day with teeth pulling fun!"

• Information