Log of OOC Meeting 2018-10-13

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Lurky says, "I would think all the wierd ooc names like Cronos would be a shock to the system and thus wake you up faster."

Chronos states, "Well now I'm gonna need to color my name with a rainbow of colors to blind people"

Kinaed claims, "I see both :)"

Lurky claims, "Off"

Sparkles states, "I have something."

Lurky corrects "Oof"

Kinaed questions, "I've got Sparkles. Anyone else?"

SilverMoon stopps looking at ring to pay attention

Niamh muses, "Did I miss anybody with the OOC gift?"

Raspberries states, "Maybe a small idea."

Starstarfish says, "I just have an announcement at the end."

Kinaed has transferred Kuzco.  [OOC]

Kuzco says, "Yo"

SilverMoon grins.

Kinaed asks of Kuzco, "Registering topics atm. Do you have one?"

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "Got you"

Raspberries asks of Kinaed, "Got me?"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "Hmm, not really"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "You're #2."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed states, "Okay, if you've registered a topic, please pre-write it so that it's ready to go when called upon."

Kinaed says, "If you think of a topic as we go or want to raise something anonymously, please send me a tell."

SilverMoon asks, "Is it a shamless plug starstar?"

SilverMoon grins.

Temi says, "Oh, but the shameful ones are better."

Kinaed states, "Okay, kicking off Staff Updates! Last week, I am sure I did some basic admin, but not much else. I have a policy case I'm looking into at the moment, but that's all."

Kinaed claims, "On my desk - warrant spec, jail automation, and turf wars."

Chronos asks, "TURF WARS?"

Chronos claims, "Oh my god please tell us more"

Kuzco exclaims, "Chronos got hold, yo!"

Kinaed states, "Yes, I'm working on a system whereby players can invest IP to control areas in the game to earn extra silver and get special commands, like setting moods that can't be changed, in those areas."

Niamh gives a thin ring of bronze birch leaves and little ivory berries to Kuzco.

Kinaed claims, "It's intended to be so players can do it individually or with groups."

Chronos states, "Ooooh"

Starstarfish claims, "I'd like suggest if that happens part of that is you can help to bypass the Metrics blockouts for your area of control."

Kinaed claims, "It's also intended only to be for areas not claimed by theme already. So, for example, Southside will stay predominately with the Brotherhood, but there may be rooms or areas on the border that can be disputed."

Kuzco licks Niamh.

Niamh freaks. out.

Elysaveta says, "Time to own the Vandagan quarter."

Chronos questions, "Are we talking like, down to controlling one street, or up to doing like a whole quarter?"

Kinaed says to Starstarfish, "That is a potential benefit we've written down for further consideration, yes."

SilverMoon shrieks. "Do not lick Niamh."

Chronos says, "Because, it'd be terribly cool being able to call a certain neighborhood someone's turf"

Lurky ponders "Would be neat if GL's were restricted from it themselves, thus having to delegate any control they want to their underlings."

Starstarfish claims, "Time to claim the Peacock."

Chronos claims, "I agree with Lurky"

Kinaed states, "More like you'd put your IP in to control a street, but the game rolls it up to see 'who is controlling the area'."

Lurky imagines the battle of the peacock to be TI's gettysburg

Chronos says, "Hahaha"

Kuzco says, "(The priests here sing to the immortal glory of the Troubadours)"

Kinaed says, "We may need to break down and re-arrange areas a bit to support the turf wars."

Azarial says, "A long day of climbing the flag pole just to drive yours in its place."

Lurky , snickers

SilverMoon sighs.

SilverMoon states, "My hands are cold."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, it's a lot of work and it's not likely to see the light of day for some time."

Kinaed states, "I'd like to get the spec up, however, and I'll bring it to OOC Chat for people to read."

Kinaed has transferred Kenny.  [OOC]

Niamh gives a thin ring of bronze birch leaves and little ivory berries to Kenny.

Kinaed queries, "Any other questions before we move on?"

Kenny eeps

Kinaed states, "Okay, cool. Azarial, you're up :)"

Azarial claims, "I've been chewing down the bug list again.  mostly small stuff, some QOL, typos, and the like.  I think there were a few crashes, but those have been ironed out for the most part."

Niamh claims, "Classic undersell right there."

Azarial states, "I don;t quite remember what I did this week."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed states to Niamh, "I know, right? I'm checking the completed board right now to see what we've got. :)"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Hehe, I fall prey to that too."

Raspberries claims, "The change to crafting is neat-o."

Thatguy says, "To be fair, I do not remember what you did either."

SilverMoon trails off, "Change to crafting..."

Niamh states, "He finished platonic ideals, finished the soaps/bathing change and kicked all the bugs out of it, finished the blackmarket (still in testing; waiting me, actually)."

SilverMoon trails off, "What change to crafting, I'm sorry..."

Kinaed states, "Okay, bulk asset redemption appears to be in, some storyteller improvements, update to slip."

Chronos wonders, "What was the change to crafting?"

Kinaed states, "Oh yeah, we're replacing the Bounty system with a Blackmarket."

SilverMoon wonders, "Bulk asset redemption? Omfg. You mean can redeem all however many assets we have?"

Temi says, "Platonic ideals - so you can use 'a feather' instead of specific feathers."

Lurky trails off, "Oh yeah... what in the world is platonic ideals?.... also"

Niamh trails off, "He updated Diagnose, tidied up autolist, did bulk asset redemption..."

Kinaed claims, "Pretty much the same thing, but you can buy or sell. TI's Craigs List."

Raspberries wonders, "Oh, replacing? I thought you could use either?"

SilverMoon wonders, "Oh wait... cradles?"

Niamh declares, "And he updated tracking!"

Kinaed wonders, "Platonic ideals are under the hood, I think?"

Azarial claims, "Mostly.  you can check them in appraise, and they can clean up output a touch in some cases"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Lurky eyebrows peak as they imagine what the brotherhood will be able to do with the power of craiglist.

Kinaed says to Lurky, "Once it's tested, have at. :)"

Raspberries claims, "The ideals lets any of a basic type of item be used, withouth having a mile long list of ORs in the recipe"

Lurky Young starstruck man trying to find that woman he met at the last Troubadour's concert... Denied! We don't take kindly to love

Starstarfish states, "Suggests just like IRL people make trades at noon at Reeve HQ. ;)"

SilverMoon runs the frak away

Elysaveta has lost link.
Elysaveta has reconnected.

Temi says, "Platonic ideals are visible where when you look at it, it says 'any x'"

Kinaed states, "Which is why we've been a bit unstable lately - a LOT of new code at once."

Kinaed claims, "So thanks for your patience, and we hope you like your new toys"

Azarial claims, "I've eroded the cover several ancient bugs have been hiding behind.  >_>"

SilverMoon sadly takes kindly to love... It's a known fact.

Lurky suggests the game takes more vitamin C and potassium

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Nice."

Lurky states, "And I hear Tubori blood is rich in both,"

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Anything to add?"

Niamh claims, "Tldr: Az kicked serious butt this week."

Azarial says, "I'm sure one of them predates me."

SilverMoon states, "You be quiet"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Azarial states, "Not that I can think of."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Tic wonders if Az ever faces the delimma of: What is that line of code?

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Azarial states, "Mostly makng mountains of work for niamh by digging molehills."

Niamh grins at Azarial.

Hopeful states, "That is not my beautiful line. That is not my beautiful code"

Temi states, "Well, I've been continuing to work on magecrafting, though my output has been slow.  But there's a new recipe in."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Thanks for that."

Tasker declaims, "Woop!"

Raspberries states, "Oh, the butterflies gave me an idea for a spell. one word- locusts."

Tasker bares her sword.

SilverMoon says, "Oh od prisca"

Kinaed whimpers.

Niamh states, "Damn it, Raspberries."

SilverMoon trails off, "I mean... raspberries, I did it too"

Chronos says, "Oh, I have a topic, when it comes up to suggest."

Kinaed states to Niamh, "You're up :)"

Niamh says, "My major projects this week were finishing up the Spring Awakening festival area and the mass conversion of crafting recipes/objects data for platonic ideals. What this means (This explanation is redundant now but I'm leaving it in...) is that we don't need to individually add a ton of different object vnums to a crafting recipe in order for players to be able to use everything they should be able to. For an example, the Artwork "Flower Egg" recipe - there used to be a list of around 22 different vnums. Now it's "any exotic flower" and "any common flower", which covers any flower players could possibly want to use. Lastly, added some new plants to play with and beat up the Changes Board with testing trying to keep up with Azarial."

Temi says, "Most of them will be waiting some new code, but there may be another one or two that can be done before that...  but I've got some duration times on them too."

Kinaed states to Chronos, "Got you."

Lurky notes we need more plagues

Tasker claims, "I really like the spring festival areas. It's awesome. "

Niamh declaims, "I'm glad!"

SilverMoon claims, "I told niamh she outdid her self"

Thatguy claims, "The festival area is pretty cool yeah."

Elysaveta states, "It's fun. As are all the things they sell."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Oops, sorry. Hope I didn't move on too soon."

Lurky asks, "Will the spring festival area be accessible year round, or only during this holiday time?"

SilverMoon gained soulfavor

Kinaed states to Temi, "Er, that was to you."

Raspberries wonders, "Maybe it can could be merged with the current faire grounds?"

Kinaed wonders, "Any staff want to add anything before we move on to our next agenda topic?"

Niamh says to Lurky, "Only during Spring Awakening."

Temi claims, "I'm good, unless you need the puppy's Halloween costume picture."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'm clearly out of sync. Sorry guys. :) Like I said, just woke up."

SilverMoon pouts at Niamh. "I loved the gift baskets."

Lurky nods and makes a point in his mind to visit at least once.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I would like that - kinaed.ti@gmail.com please."

SilverMoon blinks

Kirill is idle.

Kirill is no longer idle.

SilverMoon trails off, "Wow..."

Azarial says, "I'm good"

Kinaed declares, "Actually, I've been awake for an hour, but clearly my brain is still asleep. Okay, Player Heartbeat!"

Chronos states, "I'm partial to the land shark costume for puppies"

Kinaed queries, "How was the game for everyone this last week?"

Niamh says, "It has some unique pets and one herd that are only available this once, too. Limited time! Go check it out and do holiday things."

Kuzco states, "Spring Awkakening festival area is great"

SilverMoon asks, "One herd?"

Niamh nods at SilverMoon.

Chronos wonders, "Can the spring awakening festival area be an every spring awakening thing?"

SilverMoon tilts her head. "Color me confused?

Chronos says, "Pretty plz"

Kuzco claims, "The bards are all over it, squealing in joy"

SilverMoon squeals with joy

SilverMoon then promptly dances away

Kinaed says, "It's something we'll definitely consider."

Niamh claims, "The bards have pretty much made it come to life. All I did was build the area; they've been hosting event after event."

Lurky morphs into their hillman and strokes his beard at the thought of a new herd... goats and sheep are getting old.

Sparkles states, "Buying the butterflies was probably a life highlight."

SilverMoon claims, "I've been trying to be at events in various... stuff... But."

Chronos queries, "How hard would it be to set it so that the area shows up on grid whenever that time of the calendar strikes?"

Chronos claims, "Like a portal exit or something"

They aren't here.

SilverMoon states, "The wagon is a portal exit"

They aren't here.

Kinaed questions, "Not sure. It's something to add to Staff Talking points though - Niamh, would you do that?"

Niamh states, "Sure thing."

Niamh starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Raspberries says to Lurk "My topic later involves pets, you might be interested."

Lurky says, "Also rp has been rather decent for the most part this last week, how little of it I've had due to some stuff going on irl."

Kinaed smiles.

Raspberries can't target Lurky.

Kinaed asks, "Yeah, how was RP this week, folks?"

Niamh finishes her note.

Hopeful exclaims, "I liked it!"

Lurky cackles evilly as they are untargetable "Try and shoot arrows at me now!"

Raspberries claims, "A little slow, but had some good scenes"

Kinaed smiles at Hopeful.

Kuzco declaims, "Pretty good!"

Sparkles states, "I've had lots of fun."

Kuzco says, "Major RP development."

Chronos says, "I had much dastardly fun"

Esmerelde declaims, "I didn't find a lot of time for it... but that's nobody else's fault!"

SilverMoon is gonna go look for that herd because now she's curious

Tic states, "Some down parts and up parts, was hit and miss for me."

Thatguy says, "It has been pretty good."

SilverMoon swoons
Kinaed nods at Tic.

SilverMoon wonders, "Is it bad that at one point I got uber emotional and cried at a part this week? Normal girl right?"

Kinaed says, "Well, that sounds overall positive, so I'm happy to hear it."

Kinaed smiles.

GILES says, "I really do like the festival area."

Kinaed states to SilverMoon, "Happens to us all, I think."

SilverMoon states, "It happens to me a great deal."

Lurky ponders changing their ooc name to Tac for next week's ooc chat

Kinaed muses, "Is there anything shitting anyone that's not already a topic that staff ought to know about?"

SilverMoon points at various moons.

Azarial queries, "Is targeting working?"

Tic exclaims, "Do it Lurky, do it!"

Niamh tests on Lurky 

Hopeful states, "I'm wondering uh"

SilverMoon stares at lurk. 

Azarial states, "Dang.  back to tbe drawing baord on that one"

Raspberries asks of Azarial, "Can target some, not others. maybe color codes break it somehow?"

Lurky covers their body with their hands at all the testing and staring

Azarial says, "It should be smashing colour codes for the match."

Chronos says to Azarial, "Testing"

Hopeful wonders, "This is probably very answerable I don't want to waste time but, how do you know wheeeen you're gonna give birth?"

Kuzco states, "Oh the game tells you"

Azarial says, "When it gets close it will let you know."

Chronos claims, "Yeah, seems to be color codes"

Hopeful muses, "Or rather, is there any way to plan for it?"

Kinaed says, "I think as you lead up to it, there's more and more messages, and eventually the game tells you."

Chronos says to Hopeful, "Testing"

Hopeful says, "Mmm ok"

Lurky says, "Doesn't it tell you like an hour beforehand"
Niamh claims to Hopeful, "The first couple trimesters are vague, but the last one shows specifics."

GILES claims, "Someone sent me a gift ICly, but then my computer did something weird and I have no idea who, but that's not really anything that's 'shitting me' per se."

Chronos says, "Worked when I did Hope instead of Hopeful"

Azarial says, "Might be an erroneous length check then."

Kinaed nods at GILES.

Chronos says to GILES, "Testing"

Chronos nods.

GILES declaims, "Otherwise, I've had fun!"

Sparkles says, "That's actually a good thought which is not knowing OOCly a rough due time can make it hard to arrange RP, that was a bit of a rough spot this week."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Lurky realizes how it's been several YEARS since any of their characters had a truly romantic relationship on TI

Raspberries claims, "Oh, did have a little thing bugging me- I lost most of my OOC chat items, as I think someone liquidated before returning my locker key"

Temi states, "I know we've had people that gave birth codely and then had the scene the next day or whatnot"

SilverMoon volonteers to have romantic relationship go

Kinaed muses, "Please send me a pboard explaining your experience and what could improve it, Sparkles?"

Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

GILES wonders, "Wait, you're allowed to do that?"

Hopeful muses, "It's true - and my character's delivery is like? Gonna NEED medic present? So"

Kinaed asks of SilverMoon, "Wasn't I your spontanious husband? *headscratch*"

Hopeful claims, "For the RP, anyway"

GILES questions, "Does that apply to fake babies, too?"

Chronos states to Kinaed, "Let's have both of our dudes get married. "

SilverMoon grins at ken. "Yes but you actually have to be my husband in order to you know..."

Tic snickers.

Sparkles states, "ST to head to Tubor."

SilverMoon trails off, "You know, flirt and such..."

Kinaed smiles.

SilverMoon trails off, "Woo her heart..."

Temi says, "We do actually want to keep people primarily on grid."

SilverMoon grins.

Elysaveta states, "We can all just join the Order and then it won't matter anymore."

GILES wonders, "I do want to say I really enjoyed the pyre scene today. Kudos to the two involved in that. Is that worth bringing up?"

SilverMoon states, "It is a shame tubor isn't on grid."

Lurky isolates their characters to the corner of "Relationships of convenience"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if that's it for Player Heartbeat - thanks for telling us! Let's kick off the Player Topics. I'd like to reiterate that if you have a topic, please pre-write it."

Temi claims, "That sounds like it needs some recommends."

Temi nods at GILES.

Chronos wonders to Kinaed, "What came of the poll regarding hiring Plot Staff, by chance?"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "You're first on the list."

Kinaed says to Chronos, "We've approached someone and are in discussions with them."

Raspberries nominates Kirill.

Chronos says, "Sweet"

Kinaed wonders to Sparkles, "Sparkles, would you kindly introduce us to your topic?"

Sparkles claims, "Now that we have new plants and dynamic lists are some of the other craftsets like Brewing or Chandlery going to potentially get a peek for expanded lists of things to use? I can see that being great for things like mulled wine and other things."

Azarial says, "Elvis turned us down.  said he wouldn;t be caught dead here.  =/"

Raspberries pouts at Azarial. 

Chronos states to Azarial, "I like you."

GILES grins at Azarial. 

Kinaed states, "I think it'd be a good idea. If you have suggestions for expansions of crafts, please post them in the ideas section of the forums."

Lurky glances at Azarial "Did you try an elvis impersonator? Hear they're desperate for any gig."

Azarial claims, "Niamh hasnl;t go9tten to thse yet, iirc.  the other crafts have gone through the wringer first"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "We wanted dead elvis in particular, but I wasn;t willing to use fire of life as payment."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Temi claims, "I am planning on looking at asset resources for some special versions of things that were previously just restrings of the same versions."

Niamh says, "In some places it's not super appropriate to use ideals, I think. Chandlery is one of them that has a lot of specifics that should be. Lavender soap, for example - gotta use lavender. So on and so forth."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lurky nods in response to Azarial "Fair enough."
SilverMoon nods.

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed queries to Raspberries, "I have you listed next. Did you want to go?"

Raspberries trails off, "I had some ideas for small pet retainers. Currently, if you trey to carry one, they'll very quickly escape your grasp even after you order them to accept being carried. I'd like to be able to carry small pets around more. Also, maybe we could have a command you could order them to do to make them relieve themselves, leaving something smelly behind for a while. Actually, that could be used for PCs too I suppose..."

Elysaveta states, "You can alreay make wine with just fruit juice now. Grape juice doesn't even work."

Kinaed states, "Someone said they were just an announcement at the end, and I forgot who that was (because I didn't write it down, oops)"

SilverMoon claims, "Ewww."

SilverMoon claims, "Start star"

SilverMoon claims, "Star star"

Temi states, "Each craft should have its own feel - some will be more finicky on ingredients, others broader."

Kinaed claims, "Honestly, I feel like TI needs poop."

Kinaed claims, "That can be thrown."

SilverMoon blushes

Raspberries smiles.

Lurky glances at raspberries "Admit, you just want a purse dog." imagines their burly hillman with a tiny pomeranian

Starstarfish states, "It does."

Niamh coughs at Kinaed. 

Azarial questions to Kinaed, "....turn around and check?"

Tasker sheathes her sword.

Azarial hides!

Raspberries declaims to Temi, "There's another thing for improvised!"

SilverMoon says, "You just want one of those puppies"

Niamh states, "One of my demons had a poop thrown item."

Kinaed finds Azarial through the simple expedient of unicorn magic.

Azarial bolts!

SilverMoon giggles

Temi states, "I don't think we'd have any issue with pets being carried, except I think it may be code difficult"

Niamh states, "Threw it at a Knight player. Forgot about it and left it at the west gate. Got a complaint about tooling policy. u_u"

Tic claims, "Hahahaha."

SilverMoon will carry her pet everywhere.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial comforts Niamh.

Kinaed says, "Let's add it to staff talking points."

Lurky lugs around a sheep over his shoulder

Kinaed muses, "Starstar - you were the announcement at the end, right?"

Starstarfish nods at Kinaed.

Chronos questions, "If I have 100 strength, can I carry my horrse?"

Lurky two if he's feeling particularly fancy

Chronos says, "Horse"

SilverMoon laughs.

Temi claims, "No."

Niamh finishes her note.

Starstarfish claims, "That sounds like mage nonsense to me."

Kinaed states, "Nope, the top stats are at the height of what is humanly accomplishable."

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Thatguy claims, "Just have another horse carry it for you."

Chronos says, "Har har"

Kinaed claims, "It'd take magic to have a human lift a horse."

Azarial states, "Well, if you part out your horse first, then yes, you can."

Temi nods in agreement with Azarial.

Lurky misses the time they had 96 strength...

Kinaed edges away from Azarial. 

Niamh claims to Azarial, "Carry 1/4 a horse."

Temi asks, "A quarterhorse?"

Niamh says, "Rofl"

Kinaed declares, "People!"

Raspberries nods at Temi.

Chronos laughs.

Chronos questions to Kinaed, "You have me in the list?"

Kinaed says to Chronos, "Okay, it's your turn, Chronos. :)"

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

Chronos states, "So over time this has been a bit of an irksome thing to me and I'm not sure how other players who occasionally play mage characters feel, but I was wondering if it might not be possible to review the current spells lists and see about trying to create or add some more spells on the top end of the elements that might make incentivize grandmastering them more. Surely having mattack stronger because of it's an incentive of its own, but I think a handful of spells would be that tipping point that would make doing so really cool."

SilverMoon trails off, "Savea horse ride a... *coughs* Ride a tubori"

Kinaed questions, "Can you give examples of what you're thinking please?"

Temi states, "We do have a backlog of spells in Az's list"

Azarial says, "I hvae a few spells on the list.  it is slow; they are tricky and broad in scope."

Temi claims, "We just asked for fancy things that take a lot of effort from him."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kenny wonders, "Is it possible to submit spells ideas even if you're not a mage?"

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Can you quickly tell us about a few spells in the queue?"
Temi nods at Kenny.

Lurky admits mattack is enough to incentivise myself... and you can really only grandmaster one(*) element, so feels pointless to not grandmaster your native element

Temi claims, "On the forums, please."

Kuzco declaims, "Expelliarmus!"

Kinaed says to Kenny, "Yes, please use the Ideas section of the forums."

Tic listens intently.

Raspberries says, "Locust swarms. clear all progress on herbalism plants, and maybe halt further progress for a OOC week"

Kenny nods.

SilverMoon claims, "Raspberries. ugh"

Kuzco says, "That doesn't need to be magic."

Azarial claims, "Some transport spells, looks lik"

Azarial claims, "A few tweaks to existing spells as well."

Kuzco states, "Rather Hillman swarms, they take all female mobs and booze"

They aren't here.

Raspberries asks, "Is the effect cleared by Hillwoman swarms?"

Lurky ponders what more type of transport spells could be added, given most, if not all forms of transport are covered by various elements, along with some side effects of movement

SilverMoon grins

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial says, "I can;t give details, obviously."

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed nods.

Lurky nods

Kuzco nods.
Raspberries nods.

Hopeful states, "Hmmm something to do with rats"

Kinaed states, "But yes, we're open to spell suggestions on the forums, from any player, mage or not."

Tic states, "Oh dear.."

Azarial claims, "That;s in cooking."

Temi says, "But please not on the request board.  That's our to-do list for normal things."

Thatguy states, "Rats do make a fine kebab."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Hopeful states, "I don't know much about mage spells but rats. should be involved"

Kinaed claims to Starstarfish, "Okay, you're up :)"

Lurky has a devilish idea to use his qp now to make a rat flail.

Azarial states, "Feature requests are not bugs, as well; those need to go on the forums."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi states, "Temi may have knee-jerk reactions about not wanting to do things that get posted in the wrong place."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, it creates work for us because we have to move those things to the forums."

Azarial states, "...I move them to requests becasue almost anyone else is more polite in telling someone where to put their ideas."

Kinaed coughs.

Azarial states, "Exactly."

Azarial grins.

Niamh eyes Azarial. 

Starstarfish says, "Just a general service announcement about having a bit of a get together at the Festival Grounds after the meeting. I'll be there sitting to take petitions and whatnots. There's probably free drinks involved."

Kuzco nods.

Niamh exclaims to Starstarfish, "Nice!"

Raspberries hurries back and spikes the wine.

Thatguy runs for the festival grounds.

Tic pontificates, "Free drinks. Everyone should go for the free drinks!"

Kinaed claims, "Nice"

Raspberries states, "Yes yes, the free drinks. everyone come."

Lurky joins raspberries and brings their stash

Kinaed states, "Also, a big thank you to the players running STs and Events lately. It's deeply appreciated."

SilverMoon says please spike the wine with drugs. It'll be the best night every

SilverMoon states, "Ever, growl"

Raspberries conceals a canister of fat, writhing leeches from others' notice.

Kinaed exclaims, "And if you've been the beneficiary of those, please don't forget the 'recommend' command!"

Azarial states, "Sugarcubes ftw."

SilverMoon shrieks

Lurky conceals their maiden's eye

SilverMoon claims, "Yes please"

GILES states, "I loved Kirill's. Just sayin'."

Azarial claims, "The leeches mean you can drink more."

Kinaed says, "Oh, I've had an anonymous topic."

Lurky wants it to be a shower of babies come winter!

SilverMoon says, "I will shower everything with children"

Kinaed asks, "Currently the shadow from Shadowmeld can't use air exits. Could this be reconsidered? Also with the new 'Slip' command could they possibly start to slip under doors?"

Kinaed claims, "I think that's intended to be 'shadow form'"

Raspberries claims, "Hmm."

GILES says, "You'd think shadows would be the best at air exits."

Thatguy queries, "Its a shadow, doesnt that make it thinner than paper?"

Azarial says, "'the shadow from shadowmeld' seems to be the entire noun."

Lurky actually likes the idea of shadows being able to slip under doors...

Kuzco says, "I was gladly surprised to randomly find out that slip is finally a thing"

GILES nods at Lurky

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

SilverMoon questions, "Yeah but woldn't you see a shadow slip under a door?"

Temi states, "It would make sense, though it's also a balance concern."

Azarial claims, "Niamh was not happy wiht me testing it with a large cannopied bed."

Kinaed states, "Brain. Dying. Early dementia. I don't want to be this dumb, I just am."

Raspberries nods at Temi.

SilverMoon states, "Awww, Niamh"

Lurky says, "I the troubadours are having a hayday with slip. Spreading anonymous love notes through random doors"

SilverMoon wonders, "Did you try to slip the bed under the door? :P"

Kinaed claims, "Also from anonymous: Shadows can't pick anything up or hit anything so them sneaking under doors would be just to be sneaky and peek at things or RP with people."

SilverMoon trails off, "Sadly... No one has slipped me a random love note"

SilverMoon states, "I feel unwanted."

Temi muses, "Would people be concerned about the power from shadows getting into any room and looking around?  Potentially with not being able to sneak to do it?"

Kirill has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims to SilverMoon, "Nor me, sadly."

GILES says, "My two cents is this: I'm a lot more afraid of combat folk than mages OOCly."

Lurky sets silvermoon down on a chair "Have you considered that may be part of Dav's greater plan."

SilverMoon says to Kinaed, "*slips you a love note*"

Kinaed claims, "I worry that it might be pretty over-the-top powerful for Shadows to be able to bypass doors."

SilverMoon growls at Lurky

Thatguy says, "I think it is a good idea, allow the shadow to be really sneaky so that they can spy on Plots that are happening."
Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "But it's a worry, not a confirmed fear."

Niamh ponders.

Thatguy declaims, "What is the mage going to do with that info? Cause problems of course!"

Temi trails off, "I think they used to be able to walk through doors or open them, in the initial implementation..."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco claims, "Sounds a bit OP yeah"

Kinaed claims, "Open them"

Niamh queries, "It makes me think of Somnii, a little, but less potent. Able to spy and see what's going on, but that's about it?"

Lurky trails off, "They used to be able to open them and pic up items... fun times"

Niamh states, "Assuming something is even going on there"

Lurky asks, "Maybe it could be something like their form can only endure one door before they lose focus?"

Raspberries says, "I'm torn on it."

GILES states, "I don't want them to be able to open doors, and... who is going to trust a mage other than other mages, so if they spy, they spy. As long as they can't whack ya."

Kinaed asks, "If Shadowmeld could do that, would everyone suddenly want to play void, and would the Somnii spell go out of style, superceded by the ease of just having a shadow?"

Kinaed claims, "I think the answer would be yes, which is my gut warning that it's too powerful."

Temi says, "I don't know if Somnii ever went in style."

Raspberries states, "I'm kind of leaning towards not letting them slip under doors though"

Lurky trails off, "I even forget what Somnii is..."

Tic questions, "But they can't choose void anymore, right?"

Niamh says, "Well, it'd be a lot more focused than Somnii in some ways. Somnii you just see everything period. Shadow you'd have to actually find somewhere, go there, and hope something happens."

GILES states, "I have no idea what it is."

Kinaed states to Lurky, "A spell that requires a partner to spy."

SilverMoon states, "I don't really like them slipping under a door, to be honest."

Temi claims, "However, we do have spells in the chute for each element to have a different 'anonymous interaction' spell of a different flavor."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "So we would want to keep each having different limitations."

Temi claims, "Doors as one of void's may be good."

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "On that, did familiars ever go in?"

Lurky tries to recall his times as a mage "Oh it's one of those spells that require something something... Yeah never used those types of spells as I always found them... lackluster

Thatguy muses, "You could balance the shadow being sneaky by having the says in the room turned to whispers for them. Make them get close?"

Niamh says, "Familiar's been in awhile, yep yep."

Niamh claims, "And it's preeeetty awesome."

Kinaed says, "I just want cats to be dangerous."

Niamh grins.

Kinaed says, "We need pet rats too."

Kuzco claims, "Restring a bear"

Tic snickers.

Niamh declares, "I think that's a thing!"

Lurky strokes his mage's spells list "Soon... Soon I'll finally be able to experience familiar..."

Niamh says, "There's a herd for breeding rats."

SilverMoon states, "Gross"

Raspberries wonders, "Can NPC guards get a thing to attack shadows that enter if it becomes a thing?"

Niamh wonders, "Southsiders right?"

Elysaveta says, "And owls or ravens. All the appropriately ominious ones."

SilverMoon holds her hed up hautily

Lurky has never understood people who keep rats as pets

GILES wears a thin ring of bronze birch leaves and little ivory berries on his left finger.
GILES gingerly straightens a thin ring of polished bronze birch leaves over his finger, making sure the details face upward.

SilverMoon sniffs and is actually a silver witch, for once in her life.

Azarial has no problems writing something to have a random owl pick someone to follow and hoot at until they died.

Kinaed wonders, "Potentially, if noticed - Niamh, please add NPC guards attacking shadows if detected?"

Kinaed questions, "Er, to staff talking points?"

Niamh says, "Sure."

Tasker states, "I don't think I agree with that. "

Elysaveta states, "Hooted to death, nice."

SilverMoon snorts.

Niamh finishes her note.

Tasker questions, "Removes too much agency from players, what if the player wanted it not blammed instantly?"

Kinaed says to Tasker, "Why not? Happy to discuss, btw."

Tasker says, "As in, if there was another player in there. "

Lurky says, "Yeah, definitely not a fan of npc attacking shadows. already ridiculously easy to dispel them"

Kinaed queries to Tasker, "Are you talking about shadows being hit by a mob?"

Kinaed nods at Lurky.

Tasker nods

Kirill states, "Perhaps the NPC could simply point them out."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Niamh claims, "I think she meant in people's personal homes, if that alters viewpoints."

Raspberries claims, "I meant it as an add-on script, if you don't want magely types snooping about your place"

SilverMoon trails off, "Well..."

Kinaed claims, "I don't mind the world being interactive and people needing to try to get around the grid with obstacles - I just mind if it's ridiculous or impossible."

SilverMoon says, "Perhaps they shouldn't enter personal homes to begin with"

Tasker claims, "O, well. Still, if there is a shadow there causing a problem... they're only going to be a problem if there is a player they're snooping on. The player can donk the shadow. "

Niamh claims, "Might be an interesting thought for Order-guild NPCs."

Lurky queries, "Even then I don't like the idea of npcs being given too much autonmy, especially with mages. Report a shadow? Sure? Willingly attack it? Not sure"

Kinaed states to SilverMoon, "It's not easy for the game to know what is a phome and what isn't at the moment."

SilverMoon nods

Lurky could see order-guild npcs though

They aren't here.

Niamh states, "Order NPCs would know what they're looking at and for, and wouldn't be too terrified of the magery to swat it."

They aren't here.

Niamh ponders.

Kuzco says, "Oh yeah, mage vanquishing troub mobs"

Starstarfish muses, "Related to this was it finally confirmed or not about whether Knight NPCs are or are not slated to be trigged to load like Reeve NPCs during high Piety?"

Lurky generally likes their non-order npcs to be fearful of magic

Kinaed says, "We have 10 more minutes and are out of topics, by the way. Happy to just chatter about things people care about until then."

SilverMoon curls up and coos. "Suguar coo."

Kuzco looks at star. 

Niamh claims to Starstarfish, "They're not. We peeked into it."

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "I think they already do load, or if they don't, it's a bug."

Raspberries claims, "Hmm"

Kinaed states, "But certainly knights loading on high piety was one of the things I think we aimed for."

Niamh nods.

Starstarfish states, "If that currently doesn't work/work as intended that might solve the issue of who notice and react to sketchy magic goings-on."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed says, "Code-wise, staff believe it's in place, but it only triggers if a person does something magey in a place where the game would report it."

Lurky actually has a question related to that "The various reeve mobs I see on grid, such as crossroads... are they not affected by lawfulness?"

Raspberries nods at Star. 

Kinaed says, "I think they are, but have different actions based on lawfulness."

Niamh trails off, "Those were somebody's RPA from a long, long time ago, actually..."

Kinaed states, "So they report at lower levels, and attack at higher levels or something like that."

Raspberries states, "Hmm, I think those are purchased NPCs, probably not affected"

Niamh states, "I think it uh, might be time to remove them."

SilverMoon laughs.

Raspberries queries, "Oh, RPA?"

Niamh coughs.

SilverMoon claims, "They've been there forever, I thought they were there for good"

Raspberries states, "They oughta have to pay for those"

Lurky could always kill them to take a bit of work off of staff's load

Niamh states, "From what I remember it was supposed to be a week long thing, and then I completely forgot about it."

Niamh mutters.

SilverMoon giggles at Niamh

Lurky pats Niamh on the back

Kinaed states, "Okay, five more minutes. :)"

Niamh finishes her note.

Kinaed says, "Firstly, thank you everyone for coming to the OOC Chat to discuss TI."

Chronos claims, "Sorry, had to step away."

Chronos claims, "So, transport spells? o.o"

SilverMoon says, "No worries. :)"

Temi declaims to Lurky, "That's on you, if you want!"

Hopeful declaims, "<3 Happy to be here!"

Thatguy pontificates, "Not good enough Chronos!You have to carry the computor with you!"

Kinaed says, "If you have the opportunity to discuss us on Reddit or write a review for either Reddit or TMC, that could really help us bring in more players for you to play with. Please consider helping us with that :)"

Tasker claims, "Can we have the knight bus from harry potter"

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Tic casts summon on Chronos.

SilverMoon Carries her bluetooth keyboard

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves sweep across the area, rapidly coalescing into the winged shape of Niamh. [OOC]

Starstarfish claims, "Someone besides me say something on Reddit, I start to feel like a weirdo."

SilverMoon tries to carry niamh away

Thatguy says, "I play from my phone, so all my excuses are voided."

Lurky asks, "When will the voting links be returning to the main TI page by the way?"

Kinaed claims, "In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the event being run in the Spring Awakening festival location by Starstarfish after. :)"

Niamh claims to Lurky, "Crap. Today."

Niamh starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)
Kinaed claims to Lurky, "Hehe, thanks for the reminder"

SilverMoon muses, "What?"

Kuzco pontificates, "And don't forget to recommend each other!"

Lurky also doesn't use reddit except the rare occasion TI convinces him

SilverMoon wonders, "What's today?"

Niamh finishes her note.

Raspberries asks of Niamh, "Fix the city map on the website yet?"

Niamh muses, "The whatnow?"

Starstarfish queries, "Talking about the website change, does that remove the use of the image that was part of the original contest all that time ago?"

Raspberries says to Niamh, "Https://ti-legacy.com/geography-maps/"

SilverMoon trails off, "Sorry ..."

Elysaveta has lost link.
Elysaveta has reconnected.

Chronos claims, "I miss the old website."

Tasker says, "Ye what happened to Gothan's big dum face"

SilverMoon flops against the demon couch

Niamh frowns.

Niamh claims to Raspberries, "Will fix."

Kuzco nods.

Azarial asks, "And the donate button?  I was told that went awol"

Niamh finishes her note.

Niamh claims, "That's back."

Kuzco nods.

Lurky muses, "To chronos "Which version of the old site? Been many?""

Azarial says, "Ok"

Chronos claims, "The one with Gothan's big dum face"

Kirill claims, "Also, I posted a guide to running Stories on the forums sometime earlier this week, for anyone interested."

Raspberries states, "The Gothan one was spiffy, though did break on smaller screens"

Tasker exclaims, "I saw it! Very good :>"

Kirill says, "The guide is on the forums, that is."

Raspberries nods at Kirill.

Niamh questions to Kirill, "Would you be okay with that being added to the main site under "Guides"?"

GILES says, "I liked it."

Hopeful pontificates, "I remember it!"

Kinaed says, "Typingwith one hand as I ws handed a plate of food. We needed to redo the website for a PR campaign, andd yes smaller screens was  key reason."

Chronos claims, "The site had -character-... now it's kind of a lifeless looking thing."

GILES states, "If I can figure out a story to run, I will."

Kirill nods at Niamh.

Chronos questions, "PR Campaign?"

Niamh states to Kirill, "Awesome, thanks."

Kinaed states, "Advertising"

Chronos queries, "On like Reddit and mudconnector?"

Kinaed claims, "More extensive, hired a PR agency."

Kenny muses, "Hows everyone doing?"

Raspberries claims, "Ooo"

SilverMoon claims, "Um"

Tic just upvotes what Star says in reddit. Scared of crowds.

Chronos boggles.

SilverMoon is reading and rping?

Chronos asks, "A PR agency for a free to play MUD?"

Kinaed claims, "Moving slowly because itt's pro bono though"

SilverMoon states, "Well not really rping, just reading"

Kuzco states, "Wow."

SilverMoon says, "I am hoping TI stays free to play always"

Kuzco states, "Amazing Kin."

Kinaed says, "We have no plans to become pay to play."

SilverMoon flops happily

Chronos states, "Has to stay that way unless the whole game was coded from the ground up, SilverMoon"

SilverMoon states, "Thank you because I'm poor. :P"

Lurky are there actually muds and mushes that are pay to play?

SilverMoon states, "Oooh"

Niamh nods at Lurky.

GILES says, "Tons, Lurky."

SilverMoon says, "There are"

Raspberries closes her eyes and bows her head.

SilverMoon claims, "I don't play them"

Temi states, "We may occasionally have voluntary donation drives when we need something, but we'll be upfront about that."

Raspberries centers herself in silence.

Niamh claims, "Not DIKU or Merc-based, though."

Lurky trails off, "That... feels weird"

Raspberries wonders, "How about pray to play?"

Raspberries considers her problems.

Thatguy states, "There are indeed muds that are pay to play, many that require paying to get the full experience as well."

Raspberries considers her joys.

Raspberries finishes her moment of introspection.

SilverMoon says, "Oh my god"

Kuzco states, "Here is one that charges 500 for the use of the brief command."

SilverMoon silvers and prays the cult of delight way

Kinaed nods at Thatguy.

Kuzco states, "Dollars"

SilverMoon states, "Jesus christ"

Tasker sneezes loudly.

Chronos states to Kinaed, "I'm surprised you found a PR agent that plays MUDs. That's pretty cool."

Lurky whistles

Azarial says, "Pay to win is almost worse than pay to play"

Kenny nods

Kuzco claims, "*There"

GILES says, "Boy, you'd either have to be really rich or really desperate to pay that much for access to one command."

SilverMoon states, "Sometimes I have to have brief o"

Lurky I'm kind of glad TI is the first and only MUD I play

Thatguy says, "Pay to win sucks balls. Let me work for an equal opportunity dammit."

SilverMoon says, "On"

Kinaed states to Chronos, "She doesn't, actually. She's just a gamer."

Azarial claims, "And the slide down forty degrees has begun."

Kenny states, "I know a mud that charges 1000 usd for  ets"

Chronos muses to Kinaed, "Does she know anything about the mud community at least?"

Kinaed states, "But she's happy to help me because we're in similar communities."

Niamh nods at Kenny.

SilverMoon claims, "I play several games."

Kinaed nods at Chronos.

Kinaed states, "She does, yes."

Kenny says, "A thousand dollars is like my semestral tuition man"

Chronos states to Kinaed, "Well that's good. If she's not a mud player, it'd worry me that she wouldn't be in touch with what mud players like, or how the community itself is."

SilverMoon states, "I can't afford one thousand dollars, screw you"

Chronos says, "Because otherwise that'd turn into a nightmare"

Niamh states, "I peeked into a game once where the "look at" command, rather than just "look", required a payment. u_u"

Kuzco claims, "I can feed my whole village and the witch doctor with a thousand dollars"

SilverMoon queries, "Seriously?"

Kuzco nods.

Niamh nods.

GILES questions to Niamh, "Really?"

SilverMoon giggles at Cuzco

Niamh says, "It was yuck."

Kinaed states, "Well, to be fair, the MUD community is shrinking, so I've actually asked her to help us connect with non-MUD players."

SilverMoon nods.

Kuzco says, "I know another that charges for diremote"

SilverMoon claims, "I know a game that's fun"

Kinaed declares, "And... it's been the top of the hour and spilled over!"

SilverMoon trails off, "But the staff ... are a little ... abrasive"

Lurky should target forums with sizeable post by post rpgs

SilverMoon shrieks as she is whisked away

Kenny states, "I know a mud that basically takes off 200 usd after every death with hownpay to win it is"

Kinaed says, "Thank you everyone who attended this week; I look forward to seeing you next week."

• Information