Log of OOC Meeting 2018-09-29

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Temi questions, "Okay then!  Kin had to beg off today, so you're stuck with Az and I.  The agenda is:  1)  Staff Updates, 2)  Player Heartbeat, 3)  Player Topics.  Before we get started, does anyone have any topics to go onto the list?"

Kirill says, "I have a brief announcement."

Temi nods at Kirill.

Starstarfish states, "I have something."

Temi claims, "Okay, a Starstarfish."

Temi questions, "Anybody else for now?"

Kuzco says, "As usual I forgot my issue"

Temi states, "If you remember, let us know."

Kuzco begins to move north.

Kuzco slows to a halt.

Kuzco nods.

Temi muses, "Okay.  Going ahead and getting started then. Staff updates!  Az?"

Azarial states, "I've been working on the bug list, an assortement of crashes, and other oddities.  Amoung them is the unintentional double-charge on assets at liquidation."

Raspberries muses, "Oh, is that what was causing the liquidation freeze? looks like they're going through now, so fixed?"

Azarial states, "Shoudl be near enough"

Temi claims, "That was part of it, at least, yes.  Az has them fixed."

Temi nods.

Temi trails off, "Okay then.  Checking back through the changes..."

Azarial states, "My victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hvolunteers were reimbursed as required."

Temi says, "Looks like there's a bulk asset redemption ready for Niamh to test... you guys should be excited about that.  Mainly bugs, besides that, I think."

Kuzco is therefore excited.

Raspberries declaims, "Wooo!"

Lurky Bulk Asset redemption?

Temi states, "For resources."

Raspberries asks, "Will they all come in one box?"

Temi claims, "That's the plan, but not tested yet."

Raspberries nods.

Lurky trails off, "Oh that thing... "

Lurky nods in understanding as he remembers

Temi queries, "Okay.  Anything else, Az?"

Starstarfish nods.

Azarial claims, "Guildleaders can name ranks set on people"

Temi claims, "Oh, yeah, that's exciting.  Part of the new roles stuff."

Raspberries states, "Az is on a roll with those."

Temi declaims, "Okay.  Moving on then, my update!"

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "I finally got through all of the improvised stuff and have some proposals up for the other staff to look at and approve"

Raspberries is looking forward to that.

Kuzco queries, "Improvised skill?"

Wimpled asks, "So improvised works?"

Kenny is excited about this

Wimpled asks, "Or is still in the works?"

Temi says, "It should basically work, but it's a bit limited now"

Temi claims, "The proposals will need approved before my changes go in"

Temi states, "Right now, improvised weapons are limited because they all do the same damage, and there is a limited list of item types that you can use."

Temi says, "My suggestions are to open up for allowing a lot more types of items, but shift the damage range based on the weight and size of the object."

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries stops using an oil lamp.

Raspberries wields an oil lamp.
An oil lamp feels like a part of Raspberries!

Lurky trails off, "Seems like a sensible suggestion..."

Raspberries muses, "And fire? acid?"

Temi claims, "So if the object is too light, it might do less damage.  Or if it's nice and large but too hard for you to wield around, it might do less damage."

Sparkles states, "Time to beat people up with my purse."

Zoot_Suit asks, "Are improvised weapons something that could show on an item command check?"

Lurky queries, "How will damage type work I wonder though? Like a bit of wood ideally shouldn't do the same type of damage as a broken bottle"

Temi says, "With messaging around why a thing is more or less ideal or such when you wield it."

Kenny claims, "Time to throw bar stools at shitty singers"

Jaide has lost link.

Azarial has released a shapely young Vavardi woman with platinum hair back to the Pattern.

They aren't here.

Temi claims, "By default, everything will do bash damage, except for a couple special exceptions."

Raspberries states, "I'm hoping the rotten tomatos can be thrown now too"

Raspberries stops using an oil lamp.

Temi claims, "The fire item types will do fire damage when they are lit."

Lurky nods and glances at raspberries "Perhaps there might be items that do no damage, but can be thrown? Such as said tomatoes?"

Temi says, "Powders and salves will apply their soft affect instead of doing damage if they hit"

Raspberries nods at Lurky.

Drudwyn states, "Or dung"

Kenny says, "Flaming dung"

Temi claims, "I wasn't planning on it, but there will be a lower damage range at the bottom end for those nice light things."

Wimpled says, "Ooo! Like that with salves."

Lurky would love to see thrown food or dung have cause an instant dirty flag

Raspberries declares, "There actually is a purchasble flaming dung item!"

Temi claims, "I tried to look at item types that might make sense for other sorts of damage than just the flaming ones"

Temi says, "But unfortunately nothing consistent enough to make sense"

Raspberries nods.

Raspberries claims, "Vinegar in the eyes might hurt."

Temi claims, "So... that's those plans.  They may still change a bit before implementation, but that's what I'm thinking."

Lurky side note about flaming objects, but was surprised to learn molotov cocktails weren't as old as they thought they should be, given how simple of a concept it is

Zoot_Suit nods.

Kuzco claims, "WWII"

Alessa is idle.

Lurky nods to Kuzco

Azarial claims, "It might require gasoline speficically, or the right types of modern soaps precluding older use"

Temi says, "And now I can finally get back to magecrafting stuff, so hope to make some more progress on that front this week."

Lurky really needs to get back into magecrafting, as they haven't touched it since it's introduction

Azarial states, "Its"

Temi asks, "Alright.  I think that wraps up staff updates, so.. Player heartbeat!  How's RP this week?"

Kuzco declaims, "Very good! I'm working again on being a more bardic bard"

Raspberries declares, "Timezones being a pain, but good!"

Kuzco states, "Expect stuff other than pure songs too"

Lurky the few random scenes I came across given my sporadic availability this week were quite pleasant.

Zoot_Suit asks, "Impure songs?"

Temi declares, "That's always exciting!"

Temi nods in agreement with Zoot_Suit.

Kuzco nods.

Zoot_Suit woots.

Kuzco says, "Been having fun in general, can't complain"

Temi queries, "Anything been bothering anybody that staff ought to know about?"

Kuzco hmmms.

Kuzco hmmms some more.

Starstarfish says, "Hmm, just that thing that I've mentioned before, people dipping from scenes and then returning and leaving."

Temi states, "Sounds pretty positive in general, then."

Temi nods at Starstarfish.

Kuzco states, "I have one peeve but not sure if to say it now or when my turn comes"

Kuzco states, "As it's more of a policy thing than a bitching"

Raspberries claims, "If it's your topic, maybe wait"

GILES declares, "I haven't dipped from a scene and then returned lately! I've been better!"

Alessa is no longer idle.

Kuzco claims, "I don't remember my real topic lol"

Temi questions to Starstarfish, "Meaning, someone was RPing with you, dropped link, reconnected and then just left?"

Raspberries asks, "Go ahead then?"

Kuzco states, "I'll wait"

Kuzco declaims, "Oh remember to tip performing bards!"

Kuzco claims, "Or I will kill you <3"

Starstarfish states, "Yeah, or saying they need to go for some reason (which is fine of course) but then coming back while the scene they left is still active and just walking out."

Wimpled says, "Go ahead and try."

Kuzco muses, "Again?"

Lurky tips the lice they found between their toes

Wimpled balls her fists up at kuzco. 

Temi nods at Starstarfish.

Temi says, "Seems a bit inconsiderate."

Temi queries, "Okay.  Moving on to player topics then.  Kirill, you had an announcement?"

GILES states, "To be fair, though, sometimes you think you need five minutes and it ends up taking a lot longer."

Starstarfish questions, "It's not the leaving though, that's fine. But if you come back and the people you left are still RPing, why not rejoin the scene?"

GILES states, "Oh, well, you should definitely do that. Agreed."

Raspberries claims, "I was assuming they came back and left to log out."

Temi claims, "It may feel a bit awkward sometimes, perhaps, but probably usually the more polite thing.  Or at least to check in if it makes sense"

Kirill claims, "Yes! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to my story on Monday night -- it was hilariously awesome. They're not all here for the meeting, but maybe they'll read this later. Recommends and keepsakes have already gone out. I also wanted to add that I'll be running another ST as soon as I can get it set up and find a time when there's plenty of folks online."

GILES states, "Or at least try... sorry. I'm going on."

Sparkles claps her hands togther for Kirill. 

Temi pontificates, "Sounds gerat!  I know people love to see stories"

Kirill claims, "It's story... 120, in the list."

Drudwyn pontificates, "It was really fun!"

Raspberries declares to Kirill, "It sounded like fun! Hope to catch one soon"

Kuzco says, "Kirill, thank you for being so awesome and inclusive."

Kuzco states, "I think everyone here appreciates it."

GILES says, "Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for IC reasons."

Zoot_Suit pontificates, "If you didn't already, consider appreciating with recommends too!"

Kuzco nods.

Temi states, "And these are the sorts of things people should remind me of when I asked about what happened during the week!  I was blanking on any events, since that one happened while I was still at work."

Temi grins.

Kirill says, "And finally, if anyone else is thinking about running an ST and could use some advice, I'm happy to be a resource."

Zoot_Suit states, "Maybe a good thing, the first gift idea coming to mind is NSFW. :D"

GILES states to Kirill, "I wouldn't mind -- at a later time, obviously."

Kenny raises hand

Temi grins at Zoot_Suit.

Kenny says, "But like, IDK When the strings and so will be approved."

Temi claims, "Maybe true"

Kirill says, "We can save the naked Vandagan dolls for next Januarius."

Kirill nods solemnly.

Kuzco nods.

Zoot_Suit claims, "I was thinking of, uh. Popsicles."

Kuzco nods.

Kenny states, "Like, I can definitely run the story today. :P"

Temi states, "Okay, great!  Moving on then."

Temi muses, "Starstar?"

Starstarfish claims, "I spoke with TPB Marossa before bringing this forward, as I'm doing this a bit late on the Physician train, but ... there's a number of medicines/remedies that give hints of things like how they "generally improve your health/well-being" et al, and I'm wondering if there might be some thought/consideration on them indeed, giving I don't know +5 HP or something relatively minor. But it might encourage more folks to buy medicines et al."

Kuzco states, "Medicine is for mages"

Kuzco nods.

Temi claims, "I know we wanted to be careful about none of it being too unbalancing"

Wimpled muses, "Like the cure-all ones? "

Raspberries says, "There are several medicines that give bonuses to stats"

Temi nods.

Azarial says, "Snake-oil sells just as well as actual cures."

Starstarfish claims, "Yeah, that's why I'm thinking something even minor and small could give something that could be better RPed and such. But it was just a thought."

Wimpled questions, "What about making them mildly more 'nutritious' than foods?"

Temi states, "We could take a look at it, but it would probably be pretty low priority"

Starstarfish says, "Well, that could be a thing too, because if they had that effect, they could be added to foods. Like cod liver oil, yum yum yum."

Kirill claims, "If I were a Physician, I'd diagnose more 'minor illnesses' every time I heard a person sneeze. And then give them the address to my medicine shop. ;)"

Kenny states, "Heh. Vavardi tactic."

Starstarfish states, "That's true too, and I totally encourage people to do that, and people willingly to play along, from my experience that's some of the best Physician RP."

Temi claims, "I think there's plenty of room to prescribe them without code effects though"

Lurky could also pay off some noble to "praise" the medicine, create a trend

Wimpled states, "I used just do 'humoral readings' and assign people medicines that did nothing to adjust their humors."

Kirill states, "Health has been fairly high for a while. Less market for medicines, I guess."

Raspberries nods.

Wimpled states, "I think the comment is less that people aren't buying medicines, more just giving a use to medicines that don't really have a heck of a code use."

Wimpled says, "So the health metric doesn't really impact that."

Lurky sees the headlines now "Everyone is healthy! Massive medicinal layoffs!"

Kirill asks, "I believe they're there purely for RP, then. So people need to be ICly encouraged to use them?"

Temi nods.

GILES claims, "Huh."

Temi states, "I don't think small effects would really do a whole lot to change their usage if the effects were small enough to not be unbalancing"

Raspberries nods.

Temi questions, "Do the ones with small effects get much use?"

Azarial states, "Code effects shoudl not be the driving force for their use."

Raspberries claims, "I use them sometimes"

Lurky says, "If you want an item to be used/noticed by people, best way is to start that change. I didn't start my characters wearing bracelets and whatnot until I saw such 'extra' items being worn by others."

Wimpled states, "No idea, not a physician now.  I used to find diagnose so confusing, even at high levels, that I used to give them out in addition to whatever the actual code medicine was."

Starstarfish says, "I think that was brought up on the docket as a thought at some point, clearer Diagnose messages for higher skill level folks."

Kuzco says, "Use flowers, pipes, cards, toys, religious icons"

Kirill states, "I would prescribe the minor stuff along with any injury I treated, too. To 'encourage healing.'"

Temi nods.

Raspberries states, "I like to prescribe warming brew for a hex- no code benefit but its affect message is a nice counter"

Lurky nods in agreeance with Kirill

Zoot_Suit claims, "I'd probably be on board for being fed more stuff without code boosts if the RP was fun and/or the additions were cheap."

Wimpled claims, "Diagnose is really awful.  "

Azarial says, "Don;t forget that the state of the art isn;t very high in medicine."

Kuzco claims to Azarial, "You need more Aetheric concoctions"

Kuzco nods.

Temi states, "Probably more functional to spend medicine time on diagnose then."

Temi grins.

Zoot_Suit claims, "But yeah, pushing traditions of such and such being common practice is good."

Azarial states, "Aetheric would be magecrafting"

Lurky thinks we need more fucking out there medicines. The totally fake miracle cures, instant hair-growth tonics, etc. 

Kirill declares, "Didn't know diagnose was so poopy. Hope that does get fixed!"

Temi muses, "Okay then... moving along.  Kuzco?"

Zoot_Suit says, "I didn't think it was so bad! I thought it just... encouraged RP and research."

Kuzco breathes in and floats up for everyone to see: "I would like for staff to reconsider policy on adapting RL authored songs for bardic performances, with or without copyright. I'm not a song writer, and right now I either have to send tells to everyone with the link where I got the song from, or use 100 percent original IC songs... which are fine and good but with their limited numbers, after a few months it becomes a bit constraining."

"In any case, a helpfile on this topic that is linked to the pmoteperform/sing helpfiles would be appreciated too."

Drudwyn says, "Please sing wonderwall"

Kuzco says, "I am not allowed to."

Kuzco states, "I mostly refer to tavern songs posted in websites"

Sparkles asks, "I think there's a difference maybe between modern songs and things that are old timey and way out of copyright, I'm assuming. Hoping?"

Azarial muses, "Or when someone randomly posts songs to your guild channel?"

Zoot_Suit queries, "You can't just say "this is a song I heard and liked"?"

Raspberries claims, "That is one reason I've not rolled a bard."

Kuzco blows a kiss to az. 

Kenny says, "Pls have an inquisitor sing Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame"

Kuzco blows a kiss to Azarial. 

Kirill says, "I'm not interested in seeing modern RL songs verbatim in the game, but paraphrasing wouldn't bother me if it's themely."

Sparkles claims, "I'd love if you put the things you posted into an IC book, Az, but until then, those would fall under that policy too."

Kuzco says to Kirill, "I didn't mean modern songs of course"

Temi asks, "Do you have a specific policy helpfile to point at?"

Kuzco claims, "But songs from thebards.net for instance"

Kuzco claims to Temi, "No, Kinaed told me this, and other bards too"

Temi nods.

Raspberries claims, "I've heard the same before"

Sparkles says, "The story was said that someone got banned over it once."

Temi claims, "I do think there's a difference between stuff submitted to staff and stuff just used offhand as known stuff"

Kirill states, "I'd be all for shorter songs, too. I don't think they need to be novellas -- or amount to that kind of commitment to write up."

Temi says, "But I'll ask Kin to clarify the line of the policy"

Kuzco muses to Temi, "Whaddya mean?"

Lurky played bards wayback when, probably 5+ years now, and don't recall any policy like that

Zoot_Suit states, "Maybe add to help copyright."

Kuzco claims to Kirill, "Yeah I aim for 4 emotes max"

Temi claims, "I know we will not accept derivative works as book submissions for QP"

Kuzco claims to Temi, "More than clarification I wish to propose reconsideration"

Azarial questions, "About not for qp, but for posterity?"

Kuzco says to Temi, "Yeah I'm fine with that"

Azarial claims, "Er.  what about"

Sparkles wonders, "Can you write a derivative work from another IC book?"

Kuzco says, "Yeah just be prepared to suffer discredit"

Sparkles queries, "Like an update to an existing IC book?"

Kirill claims, "Some folks might be willing to ICly write songs and sell 'em, even if they're not qualified to sing them."

Temi says, "But I don't recall that just using them is not okay.  I'll clarify with Kin on her standing on it"

Kirill states, "(Sounds like an interesting excuse for a contest and/or event.)"

Raspberries gets to re-writing the Erra Pater.

Zoot_Suit claims, "Maybe I'm misunderstanding the subject."

Kuzco declaims to Temi, "Thanks. I have a tiny other thig to say!"

Temi claims, "I know that she's concerned about getting TI into trouble, so that will be what determines her policy on it"

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "And she's not going to be open to changing things to risk stuff for TI"

Zoot_Suit states, "I'd feel OOCly squicky if someone quoted a real song verbatim and said 'yep, I authored this original piece.'"

Azarial claims, "Filk is an acceptable thing to do to songs, and many make a fair bit of omney off of it."

Lurky can't imagine it basing songs in rp on songs from real life would be no different than folks posting song lyrics... 

Temi claims, "But, we'll clarify what exactly the line is and get it in helpfiles."

Kirill nods.

Temi wonders, "You had a side comment?"

Kuzco wonders, "Can I propose that the approaching messenger message be echoed to everyone in the room? Instead of just the recipient?"

Temi claims, "I don't think so"

Kuzco states, "The A messenger approaches Kuzco blabla"

Kuzco muses, "Why not?"

Temi claims, "I mean, you can propose it"

Raspberries doesn't like that idea.

Kuzco questions, "Why not?"

Temi says, "But we decided not to do that because you can OOCly send messengers away because you're not in a place where they can find you"

Raspberries says, "Because sometimes it doesn't make sense for a messenger to find you somewhere"

Kirill says, "Because everyone would see it, even if it was rejected as having arrived at an unthematic or inappropriate time."

Kirill states, "Lots of limitations at the moment. We need the flexibility."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Kuzco states, "... hmmm"

Sparkles states, "Maybe if you are not in a place to get messengers, you should go Whoinvis."

Kuzco wonders, "Then allow a rejection to NOT echo?"

Temi says, "You can certainly include an emote about a messenger approaching if it makes IC sense"

Alessa says, "I am confused. I thought that everyone saw your messengers"

Raspberries says, "They still find you if you're whoinvis"

Lurky says, "Whoinvis isn't so easy nowadays sparkle"

Azarial claims, "Whoinvis is a bit expensive these days just to shut out messengers"

Kuzco I don't want everyone to know a messenger can't find me lol

Kuzco states to Temi, "Yeah I do that every single time"

Temi nods.

GILES says, "Yeah. I have definitely had issues with that."

Kuzco states, "But rejecting is loud and costly and weird"

Zoot_Suit claims, "I like the idea of rejecting silently."

Lurky questions, "How is it costly?"

Kirill says, "Rejection isn't costly."

Azarial queries, "It should only cost if you send a message back?"

Raspberries states, "Rejecting also breaks hide, or did"

Kirill states, "But I think it does echo weirdly."

Kuzco claims, "I don't want the entire room to see me paying a messenger to transmit that this messenger can't find me in the first place lol"

Kirill says, "It echoes like a message quick message."

Temi claims, "Yeah, should be safe to just do a message reject"

Temi says, "You don't need to send the greater info"

Starstarfish states, "It's a bit odd at times that you can't see like a sdesc of who is approaching to see if this is a proper moment to receive them. That would be something useful."

Temi says, "We have a bug on the lists for that"

Azarial says, "In helpfiles, the standard should be that <> is required, and [] is optional"

Kuzco Maybe a blank reject with no argument is silent? But with a message it echoes?

Temi says to Kuzco, "It should be, yes."

Kirill claims, "Yep."

GILES wonders, "Can I ask a question? Is there a policy of which I am unaware regarding people sending messages from people they're not from?"

Kuzco asks, "This is a thing right now?"

Temi states, "I think so?  If not, I'd consider it a bug."

Raspberries claims to GILES, "I don't think there's a policy against it."

Starstarfish states, "You can fake that a message is coming from someone else, because at the moment you don't have a messenger "profile.""

Kirill claims, "If you're framing someone, you should probably be cnoting, but I don't know of a policy against it."

Raspberries nods.

Temi states, "If you're sending a messenger, you should be ICly sending it."

Starstarfish claims, "I think that would be a help, btw."

Kirill says, "Or doing other bad things, generally good to cnote."

Temi says, "But they don't have to say they're from you."

Kuzco queries to Temi, "So just to make sure I get it: as of now, you can reject a messenger without argument and it doesn't echo?"

Azarial states, "A messenger likekly wouldn;t know you from the tulips unless you were a bigwig or a great lord"

Temi claims to Kuzco, "I believe so, yes."

Kirill claims, "I think that's always been the case, Kuzco."

Azarial fixes incorrect bracing as she finds them.

Kirill says, "Or maybe it does echo, I don't know. You can't see what the rest of the room sees. But either way, it doesn't require an argument."

Kuzco states, "Well damn, that is nice to know. The helpfile should reglect this. Maybe I will write and post it for staff to use."

Zoot_Suit states, "It pechoes so probably not super obvious."

Starstarfish muses, "Well, maybe that could be a roles type thing eventually? A Role related messenger profile?"

Lurky invites all the nobles to southside under Giles' name

Zoot_Suit says, "Can test after chat."

GILES states, "Well, that's the problem. And I would never DO this because I think it is cheating, but arguably Giles could pay a messenger to say something ridiculously incriminating to... whomever."

GILES claims, "Also, what Lurky said."
Temi wonders, "Okay, so continuing along then.  Sparkles had a topic?"

Starstarfish says, "It's called framing someone, yeah. I mean, that's not cheating, exactly."

Kirill states, "If you're paying a messenger, you're paying them. You could be paying them to smear someone else, yes."

Azarial queries, "It might also be related to a few other issues.  go ahead and psot a log for me?"

Kuzco queries to Azarial, "You talking to me?"

Kirill claims, "Happy to help test the messenger thing, too."

Kuzco speaks like Robert De Niro.

Sparkles asks, "I'd like to ask if @use or whatever it is that's added to items for meetings could be an option for folks when tooling themselves. Or if that is a thing, could it be better explained?"

GILES queries, "Yeah, but...that opens up a big ol' can of works, doesn't it?"

GILES claims, "Worms."

Raspberries states, "Some items accept a @use, others don't"

Raspberries says, "Err"

Raspberries states, "@self and @others"

Zoot_Suit claims, "If you can hold it, you can add use messages, I think."

Zoot_Suit says, "But it's not @use, it's @self and @others."

Temi states, "I think we wanted to keep that a little more locked down to staff."

Zoot_Suit claims, "When you're setting it."

Kirill says, "Help special extended"

Temi says, "There is @self and @others which I think may be less locked down"

Kirill claims, "It's in there, it's not @use, actually, which may be the source of the confusion."

Kuzco wonders, "What do those do?"

Zoot_Suit claims, "Oh okay that."

Zoot_Suit grins.

Zoot_Suit claims, "Self sets the message you see, others sets what others see."

Kuzco queries, "When using an item?"

Kirill states, "When you 'use' the item."

Kirill nods.

Zoot_Suit nods.

Kuzco says, "Okay thanks"

Sparkles claims, "Oh, well, then maybe an option to add it to things with QP? I had an ST a while ago, and made items ICly to give away for it, and it might have been a spot of fun, if the 20 QP for a public event could add that to stuffs."

Kirill states, "It's in the helpfile, but the 'use' part isn't cyan, so it doesn't stand out."

Raspberries exclaims, "Custom items with QP is always a thing!"

Temi nods.

Kuzco says to Kirill, "Thanks"

Temi says, "We could probably discuss with you about that."

Alessa has lost link.
Alessa has reconnected.

Sparkles wonders, "Yes, but that's per item right? Not if I got one made up, cloning it wouldn't copy that over?"

Temi states, "We'd probably have to discuss how the costs would work out on an individual basis"

Sparkles declares, "Okay, next time I'll keep that in mind!"

Temi wonders, "Alright.  We are over time... any last minute things before we wrap up?"

Raspberries pontificates, "Nop!"

Kirill waves.

Raspberries waves.

Temi claims, "Okay, sending everyone back."

Temi waves.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 am

Clarifying copyright policy - we do not allow the use of copyrighted materials at all as, whether we agree with it or not, it's against the law where our servers are hosted.

We allow "out of copyright" materials to be paraphrased or reworked to be recorded in books and attributed to an IC character as canon.
We allow "out of copyright" materials to be performed ICly without modification, provided they are thematic and not recorded. Please also OOCly alert players present about the legal status of the work you're providing if it is not your own so that they do not copy it unknowingly into canon materials.

If you create a character, story, book or work derivative, you cannot claim exclusive rights to it - in fact, we claim those rights as per HELP CONTRIBUTING. For example, in practice this means that, while we're generally happy to allow players to write about TI, they'd need our permission to publish them for profit.

Finally, no one was ever banned for this; that's a ridiculous rumor. If I had to guess how it started, I'd suspect it was misrepresented by a player who was banned for harassing another player. *Part* of the harassment activity, but not all of it, included plagiarizing the other player's in-game descriptions for their own characters.

• Information