2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Starstarfish says, "I have a topic."

Kinaed states, "I got you, Starstar."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else?"

Raspberries claims, "Think I'm good this week, will let you know if anythig comes to mind."

GILES claims, "I'm good."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if anyone comes up with a topic, please send me a tell. In the meantime, if you have a topic, please also pre-write it so that you're ready to go when called upon. :)"

Azarial states, "...where is niamh so I can make pointer of pointer references."

SilverMoon shrieks for niamh

Kinaed says, "Kicking off Staff Updates - last week I handled a few policy requests, and that's about it. :)"

Kinaed claims, "On my desk - turf wars, jail automation, updating the warrant spec with Starstar's feedback to get to Az."

Raspberries states, "Oh, I added a few thoughts to the jail automation thing to the two year old forum post."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Thanks for the reminder. I'll make sure to look at it prior to finalizing the spec. I will bring the spec to this meeting for players to have a look at prior, regardless."

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's all for me - Az, you're up."

Azarial claims, "I hvae been fixing small typos and looking for any crashes that the massive changes in the alst few weeks may have introduced or uncovered. I found one that I am pretty sure predates me after making the changes to guilds."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "And I disabled 'junk all' today."

Temi claims, "That seems like a good idea."

Raspberries questions, "Does junk all.(item) work?"

Azarial claims, "It was tag along disabled to see how bad it would be."

Cen claims, "Heh"

Kinaed states, "Looking at the changes board - Excommunication and Exile are in (possibly not help filed yet), as is Matchmaker (I think we wanted to do some testing before we turned that on completely? Or are people already using and liking it? Hating it?) We've also extended the quit timers after a flee, arrest, or restrain attempt to work more synergistically to how track works now for manhunts."

SilverMoon i haven't been exiled thank god

Raspberries states, "I got matched on an alt which I don't remember turning it on for, but haven't gotten one on this character which I did turn it on"

Azarial states, "I think niuamh was still testing exiles"

Wimpled attempts an exile.

Starstarfish questions, "Has there been any peeking if there's a way for tracks to not wipe with crashes/reboots?"

SilverMoon shrieks at whimpled

Wimpled attempts to exile herself.

Tato claims, "Matchmaker seems interesting. I've had it crop up once or twice."

Azarial says, "They should be saving over crashes and reboots."

Raspberries wonders, "Do Exiles get sent to the same room? Can they have a battle royale to see who gets to return?"

Kinaed queries to Tato, "Was it too overt, or just comfortable enough?"

SilverMoon states, "Raspberries, we will fight"

Azarial says, "Same room"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "They go to an OOC room to hang."

Azarial claims, "..but not literally."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states, "Er, hang out."

Temi gives a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze to SomeoneLoveable.

Kinaed states, "They can return if/when the exile is removed by a Seneschal."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Aww the ball didn't get a meeting level turn out."

SilverMoon says, "Gawd that'd be boring"

Kirill starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Tato claims, "It was suitable in the instances it did happen, and the one worked out fine. One of them was broken by a disconnect tho."

Lorrent asks, "Can someone stay on-grid as an exile and try to avoid consequences or is code forced?"

Tasker muses, "SCARED LORRENT?"

Kinaed asks of Tato, "Please bug that so we can check it out, particularly if you have a log?"

Kirill finishes his note.

SomeoneLoveable says, "Heh."

Kenny claims, "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Lorrent claims, "ME NEVER"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else have experience with the matchmaker code yet?"

Hopeful chuckles.

GILES claims, "I did. It didn't work out for OOC reasons, but I love it."

Tato wonders, "No log, and I think they had logged out, so not sure if bug?"

Kinaed nods at GILES.

Kenny says, "Oddly enough, I never get matched. :|"

Starstarfish asks, "Does it only roll for people who are currently active?"

Livia asks, "Do you have to turn it on every time you log in?"

Kinaed muses to Kenny, "Do you have it turned on?"

Kenny declares, "Yup!"

Perelle states, "Not yet. I'll be trying it later this week, if I have time to RP"

Kinaed claims to Livia, "No, I think it defaults off at the moment though."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I haven't got matched yet either and I had it on, not sure if it is now."

Lorrent says, "I've never gotten a match"

Wimpled claims, "I have never turned it on myself, but I had a match given to me once."

Wimpled states, "I just turned it on/off to verify that it wasn't set to on."

Tato says, "I never turned it on."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

SilverMoon claims, "Wait."

Livia wonders, "I turned it on when I first learned about it and I've never been matched. Maybe it turned off in a crash?"

SilverMoon says, "What are we matching, I'm so sorry"

Raspberries states, "I turned it on on one character, not the other. the character that didn't have it on got matched, the one who did didn't"

Kinaed states to SilverMoon, "Characters for RP."

Livia states, "Nope, it was on."

SilverMoon says, "Oh"

Wimpled claims, "Help matchmaker"

SilverMoon blushe s a little

Azarial wonders, "How did it break on the disconnect?"

Kinaed says, "Just for the record, matchmaking code is there to help players find RP partners, so if you RP a lot and aren't idle much, you may not get matched."

SilverMoon says, "Oh"

Kenny claims, "OHHHHHHH."

Starstarfish asks, "Can I make a suggestion with it?"

Raspberries begins to move up.

SilverMoon says, "It's now enabled"

Raspberries looks around for something to climb, then gives up.

Kinaed states to Starstarfish, "Of course :)"

Raspberries claims, "Ah"

Kirill claims, "It'd be good to have matchmaker listed in autolist."

Kirill says, "Maybe under pvents."

Tato claims, "It just said they weren't present anymore or something to that effect. I dunno. Been a while."

Starstarfish questions, "Could people possibly be able to set or flag in some manner a suggested room to find them in?"

Kinaed states, "You can disable it if you don't want the offer."

Azarial states, "Hah. I forgot to boot that in."

Azarial nods at Tato.

Perelle questions, "So the idea is that the matchmaker tries to match people who're stuck idle a lot, due to various reasons?"

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "Can we get the matchmaker toggle status in the autolist?"

Azarial states, "It already is; I forgot to boot it in"

SilverMoon claims, "Wait."

Raspberries "I like the idea on a suggested place to meet.

Kinaed claims to Perelle, "Well, anyone who is idle can get matched, it's not based on your average idleness, it's based on what the system sees at any given moment when it checks."

SilverMoon claims, "How do you use it or does it just automatch"

Kinaed claims, "It just automatches"

SilverMoon says, "Oh ok"

Kinaed has created a ledger containing Matchmaker code[30].

Raspberries muses, "What happened to the idea of suggesting people to match to others? will that not be a thing?"

Kinaed drops the following:
( 30)a ledger containing Matchmaker code

Livia gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Kinaed claims, "Go ahead and have a look."

Azarial claims, "That was a staff command, iirc"

GILES gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Raspberries gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Perelle gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Mildred gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Pookstall eats a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze.

Kinaed asks, "Also, for now - it's fine to just send a tell to a match and say 'hey, I just got matched with you for RP. Want to meet ICly somewhere?'"

GILES claims, "That is very good to know."

Starstarfish nods at Kinaed.

Tato says, "That seems reasonable."

A ledger containing Matchmaker code: Starstarfish cannot carry that many items.

Raspberries states, "Sounds good."

Perelle pontificates, "Neat!"

Perelle drops a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, I think that's everything codewise. Temi, did you have an update?"

Temi claims, "Yep, nothing big, but I've made some good progress on sorting out improvised. I should have the proposal ready this week."

Temi gives a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze to Golden.

SilverMoon coos at golden

Kinaed cheers.

SilverMoon states, "No cheering, I coo at everybody"

Temi claims, "Planning on having it being more broadly usable on different objects"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "Perhaps with downweighted damage for less useful things"

Kinaed nods.

Temi states, "But not quite to the point to share yet"

Wimpled states, "Whee! Improvised. "

Raspberries smiles.

Temi claims, "Right now, there's just hard limits and a whitelist of item types that work, so it should be a good improvement in utility"

SilverMoon nods.

Kenny gets a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Tato queries, "Improvised?"

Temi finishes abruptly, "And yes, hopefully we can get in some different damage types - not quite to that one yet"

Temi claims to Tato, "Using not-weapon things as weapons"

Raspberries questions, "Oh, they're whitelisted? no wonder nothing works"

Kinaed says to Tato, "Using non-weapons in a fight, like chairs, pies, your beer stein."

Wimpled says, "Bar brawl after the OOC meeting where it's updated. "

Tato claims, "Thought so. Nice."
Temi nods at Raspberries.

Mildred drops a ledger containing Matchmaker code.

Starstarfish claims, "I just want books to get added to the list."

Kinaed gives Wimpled a thumbs up.

Golden trails off, "That makes me think of women using their purses filled with stuff as weapons to wack people..."

Temi says, "Okay, that's me this week."

Kinaed smiles.

Tato states, "Granted, I was already in a MUD briefly where people forgetfully used beer mugs on accident >.>"

SilverMoon whacks someone with a purse full of makeup.

Wimpled claims to Golden, "Exactly. Or an iron pan."

Livia threatens people with her rolling pin.

Tato says, "Sounds fun"

Wimpled has some iron cauldrons that could do some damage.

SilverMoon says, "I will do that one day. I'll juck whack somebody over the head with my purse, it'll be great."

Perelle exclaims, "Bards bludgeoning folks with lutes!"

Kinaed questions, "Thanks for the updates, staff. Okay, over to players! It's Player Heartbeat. How was the game for you this last week? How was RP? Anything shitting you that you want staff to know about?"

SilverMoon grins. "Yup."

SilverMoon states, "No shit from me."

SilverMoon says, "I am a very happy person atm"

Kinaed smiles at SilverMoon.

Raspberries pontificates, "Had some fun! found a couple of bugs while doing so"

Perelle declares, "What I actually managed to do/see this week was pretty thrilling. I'm curious how other players feel, though!"

Livia states, "I've had some really good RP this week, and it's been so nice to see people have been using the tea shop as an RP venue even when I'm not there :)"

Pookstall says, "I didn't have much time to RP, but I quite enjoyed what I had"

SilverMoon attempts to curl her moon arms around the unicorn.

Temi gives a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze to WhiteRabbit.

Tato states, "I've had a grand old week, yea"

Kinaed claims, "Really glad to hear it :)"

WhiteRabbit eats a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze.

Kenny declaims, "That thing with the hidden mage was awesome!"

Golden says, "RP has been pretty good this week for me. I wish I could do more but I've enjoyed what I've got."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oh, sorry we still in heartbeat got called away."

GILES claims, "I had a great time when I RP'd."

Kinaed says, "It sounds like people are having fun."

Kinaed nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Lorrent claims, "I've been enjoying the RP I've had, lots of stuff going on."

SilverMoon looks at white rabbit.

WhiteRabbit declaims, "Tastes like chicken. And the little bit of RP I've had has been great!"

SomeoneLoveable says, "I have really had fun the ball and auction was absolutely wonderful, thank you to all that attended and made it great."

SilverMoon claims, "I also haven't rped on certain me's as much as I'd like but I missed this one."

Kuzco says, "I had a good week, yes. The duel buildup was pretty interesting."

Golden claims, "And the aftermath."

GILES claims, "That was really interesting."

SilverMoon says, "Oh god the aftermath"

Tato says, "Hella"

Kinaed claims, "It's great to hear so much positivity about how the game is for everyone at the moment. I hope it stays fun this week too."

Cen states, "It was obviously interesting for me as well"

Perelle declares, "So much red text!"

Raspberries grins.

SilverMoon questions, "Obveously darling?"

SilverMoon eats a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze.

SilverMoon states, "Mmm, sword"

SilverMoon gasps

Kinaed claims, "If no one has anything more to add, that moves us on to Player Topics. :)"

GILES claims, "To a certain extent, I wish characters were encouraged to be "bad guys"."

SilverMoon says, "I don't wanna be bad, I'm sorryl"

Raspberries says to GILES, "They are, sorta"

SilverMoon questions, "Sorry? good god"

GILES states, "True."

Kinaed claims to GILES, "It's a hard gig, getting people to agree to be Public Enemy #1 for everyone else's fun."

Kinaed nods at GILES.

Golden states, "I have debated playing an outright bad guy. But normally my bad guys are just...selfish and think they are doing whats best for them."

Temi states, "We certainly encourage it, just hard to encourage it enough to balance it out for those who don't already enjoy that"

Kinaed states, "I do hope that people remember to tip their hats to the "bad guys", get those recommends and appreciation out there."

SilverMoon likes you perhaps as a non bad guy because why not?

Azarial says, "That can be viewed as quite evil by others."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tato says, "Conflicting interests happen regardless, too."

Perelle states, "I always try to recommend players who seem to play as "antagonists," but I forget to do a lot of things OOC."

SilverMoon says, "I just can't be bad, it makes me feel weird."

Starstarfish claims, "I also think people have set perspectives on what antagonism is. IE, the sliding scale between Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil."

Kinaed nods at Perelle.

Raspberries asks of Kinaed, "The Hillbeast thing sounded like a lot of fun, think we can have something like that as an app when things are dull?"

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

SilverMoon laughs.

WhiteRabbit asks, "Was the Hillbeast a player?"

SilverMoon queries, "Taht is a crazy hillman?"

Temi claims, "My favorite villains are the ones that aren't clear-cut maniacal villains."

Temi nods at WhiteRabbit.

WhiteRabbit pontificates, "Wow!"

Wimpled claims, "IT ws a player."

Temi states, "The Hillbeast was a villain contest winner"

Kinaed states, "I agree, we get more subtle conflict from just having multiple perspectives in game. The big bad villain is an unusual concept, but still deeply appreciated."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

GILES nods.

Azarial claims, "Given the methods I recall, it was quite the rain of terror. and blood."

Wimpled says, "Good times."

SilverMoon claims, "I mean, the people that actually think they're doing the right thing and actually aren't, conflict of interest, though conflict and I don't get along very well, though honestly, when you get someone who is fun with the conflict."

Golden claims, "Villains with motivations and reasons behind their actions are the best."

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

SomeoneLoveable says, "I've always had a hard time playing antagonists because it quickly turns into a social linching in a rapid amount of time so I try and avoid it these days."

SilverMoon says, "But if it's just conflict for bullshit's sake and to make the other person feel like utter crap, then no, I don't participate in that."

Lorrent states, "I love playing villains when I play 'em."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I suppose I've just never had fun being an antag here. Other games more so, but I rarely do it these days."

Kuzco states, "One day I will make a villain."

Perelle claims, "I think the biggest challenge of playing someone who's a clear-cut bad guy is that you're going to put a lot of work into a character you'd probably want to expect to die sooner rather than later."

SilverMoon claims, "I have never had fun being one either, to be truthful"

Cen says, "I highly recommend it"

SilverMoon shakes her head

Kinaed nods at Perelle.

SilverMoon says, "I'm not built to antagonize, I don't think."

Pookstall says, "I've done antagonist a bit before, but I'm not really good at actually making stuff happen."

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "One day maybe I'll make a scary mage!"

Perelle states, "If I had the time I'd do it, but I don't know the game well enough or feel I have the time to invest into those sorts of plots. D:"

Raspberries sits down and rests.

GILES says, "That said, a true bad "guy or gal" that can unite the pbase for a week or two can be a blessing."

Golden claims, "Yeah, an outwardly evil character is hard to play. I like the evil characters who work against people behind the scenes myself. Everyone might know they are evil or creepy in somewhat but they cannot really prove it right away."

Livia claims, "If you want to be a bad guy just for a short time, you can always run a story."

Kuzco says, "Oh no I mean a terrorising thief Negan like from TWD."

Raspberries states, "STs are fun! I hope to run more sometime."

SilverMoon shrugs and shakes her head. "I can not even be a murderer, it's truly sad."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I still need to figure out how to do that or get organized enough to do so."

Kinaed states, "On that, I'm so glad there's a heap of appreciation for our 'obvious "bad guys"' - please let's keep any animosity as tempers run high during character conflict IC, and don't let it get into the OOC arena."

Raspberries nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Tato nods.

Kinaed has transferred Dongo. [OOC]

Golden nods.

Azarial muses, "And maybe give them the chance to be bad before you reel them in for their just rewards?"

Kuzco pontificates, "I'll name my mace 'Celeste' or something. "Kiss the Queen's hand" WHACK!"

Kenny declaims, "Stepford Smilers!"

GILES declares, "I don't think anyone is angry at the "bad guys". I want more of them!"

Temi states, "And feel free to stop and let your villains know you appreciate them. It can help keep them going."

Kenny says, "Or name it Sleeper."

Temi gives Noble Projects Spec to Dongo.

SomeoneLoveable states, "I think that's important a lot of people don't get enough time to be bad to really have fun with it."

Kenny states, "Because everyone who tastes is is bound to fall asleep."

Kuzco claims, "I like that."

Temi eats Noble Projects Spec.

SilverMoon says, "You gaze the spec again temi"

Perelle trails off, "Hm. Maybe I'll look into a story once I knock out some other game-related creative projects..."

Temi says, "Oh dear. Out of nobles."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states to Perelle, "Let me know if you need any storyteller training."

Lorrent says, "Honey chicken spicy with white rice, firecracker tofu extra spicy add jalapeno, crab rangoon"

Golden states, "Play a vengeful reeve who wants to wipe out southside and name your weapon of choice...Justice."

Lorrent states, "Nevermind me"

SilverMoon states, "Mmm"

Kinaed states, "On that, if there are players who are interested in learning to use the Storyteller system so you can "Game Master" your own plots, but don't know how, please contact staff."

Perelle states to Kinaed, "It might be a while, but I'll try and keep it in mind! I like to "GM" stuff in tabletop games, so it might be fun."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Speaking of nobles, I've been thinking of bringing mine back but are we full up? he is still listed. but I think I may be in a better place to play him now butI don't know policy around that nad stuff."

Tato states, "Maybe eventually. I'm happy learning the game on my first char, for now."

Kinaed states to Perelle, "It's pretty much exactly like that :)"

SilverMoon sighs

Kinaed states, "We are full up at the moment, yes."

SilverMoon says, "I ate all my noble"

SomeoneLoveable nods.

Raspberries claims to Perelle, "My first ST was based on a short D&D module actually, it convered over pretty easily."

Temi states, "Feel free to let us know on the request board if you are in the inactive nob room and we'll take a look at the current counts."

Temi states, "But as Kin said, good for now."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I'll have to wait until we have space, or well, I guess depending on things I might not be able to I guess, well, eh, never mind"

Tasker states, "I've one in the works I've been tinkering for a while now, titled Into the Orkin."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon says, "Ugh why do I have a headache"

SilverMoon claims, "Wait did we have topics? I'm confused."

Raspberries trails off, "We might have an opening soon..."

Temi states, "We got distracted."

SilverMoon says, "Oh ok"

Kirill exclaims, "Sounds like fun, Tasker!"

Temi claims, "Slots aren't a set number, but rather a number based on proportions of nobs to other players."

Kinaed claims, "Also, please be aware that our GI has requested that we open apps for a GI - so if anyone is interested in a very political, very busy, very powerful Order role - please consider applying."

Starstarfish states, "I was waiting, unless I missed the call for me, sorry."

Temi states, "We do have one app to review for that now, I think."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Oh, I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for letting me know."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "Well, it's a little over half way through our meeting today. There's no more agenda, other than asking if players wouldn't mind posting reviews on Reddit or TMC to help us attract new players to play with. Reddit is currently our highest funnel of players into the game, so it's a great place to advertise if you're willing to help."

Azarial asks, "I think you missed a player topic?"

You tell Kinaed, "I had a topic, but hadn't been called."

GILES says, "I'll miss Sibs."

Kinaed says, "Otherwise, we can either hang out here chattering OOCly for the next 25ish min, or I can end the meetin- oh... ooops. Thanks for the reminder."

SilverMoon giggles

Raspberries grins.

Kinaed says, "I missed Player Topics somehow."

Kinaed falls over.

Temi gives a molded chocolate nobleman with a sword and imperious gaze to Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Have some more chocolate."

Kinaed declaims to Starstarfish, "So very sorry about that Starstaf, I don't know where my brain disappeared to. Please introduce us to your topic!"

Starstarfish says, "I'd like to bring up the thought of mood policy or ... expanding mood policy. IE - that performing actions in rooms that show that they are within the public view or have coded guard support or have NPCs and something that happens that people would no doubt notice or talk about should get moods. Moods could help to fuel a lot more RP for folks, and fill in the time when folks are waiting for plots or RPA. "

Kinaed peers morosely at the chocolate, wishing it were real.

SilverMoon nods her head. "Me too, Kenaed.

Kinaed claims, "Are people bad about that? I'd think most things that happen in a room don't really do much."

Starstarfish says, "Bad being a relative idea, but personally, I think there's a lot of stuff that happens that could be mentioned that could fuel RP, yes."

Raspberries claims, "It can be a little difficult to set moods when you're in the thick of things. Like I would have liked to have set moods for a battle, but was busy thinking about the fight and aftermath"

Temi nods.

Raspberries says, "Did post a rumor though"

Kinaed says, "I'll be honest, I really don't look forward to policy complaints because someone didn't do something minor, which is why it's really a policy only about the really important stuff."

Temi states, "It's hard to remember and we do want to emphasize the times when it's really important"

Starstarfish questions, "Perhaps a list of suggestions as a helpfile then?"

Golden queries, "You mean like for example, if someone gets into a fight in a puplic place or if magic is used setting a mood to show the reactions and results around the area?"

Temi says, "We'd of course encourage moods anytime it could help RP... but policy might be a bit far."

SilverMoon claims, "That could work"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon claims, "I just forget to do it all the time"

Golden states, "Same here. But its something to encurage I think."

Kinaed wonders, "Is there anything that would help with reminding people to mood when there's something left behind after RP that other people would probably want to see/know?"

Kuzco asks, "Maybe a coded reminder if a fight breaks out, like with crimes?"

Starstarfish says, "Well, arguably certain actions could bring up a reminder prompt."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Perelle declares, "Yeah. Like it'd be cool if certain actions had the game pop up, "consider setting a mood!""

Raspberries muses, "I think fights were also supposed to be added to track list?"

SilverMoon says, "If that popped up every ten minutes I would find a way to turn it off"

Kinaed says, "They are there as far as I understand it, but a casual person walking in doesn't need to be a tracker to know a fight recently occurred."

SilverMoon says, "Screen readers would be saying that every hour"

Golden says, "Maybe its not something that needs enforcing by policy but some form of encouragement for writing moods and keeping them up to date might be good? A reminder for certain actions seems like a good idea."

Azarial says, "Poeple can trample it down the list rather quickly"

Kinaed queries, "That said, should a fight just automatically put something in the room like 'it appears a schuffle of some sort happened here'?"

Livia questions, "If your action triggers a Reeve or Knight channel event thing, you should probably be leaving a mood, right?"

Kinaed questions, "Unless someone wipes it intentionally?"

Starstarfish states, "I'd say things that lead to blood should."

Tasker states, "Defiantly, Livia."

Kuzco claims, "Or add a notake item 'a pool of blood is here' if someone is killed in a room"

Perelle trails off, "Maybe some actions could automatically leave stock moods, yeah..."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Or injuredd."

Kuzco nods.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Have it decay after a certain amount of time."

SilverMoon gigles at Task. "I did not have sex with that woman."

Perelle claims, "Stock moods could also be handy if people aren't sure how to use the mood system. They could see them and get ideas for when/how to write their own."

Raspberries says, "Yes, something like lightning strikes but quicker to decay maybe"

[The mood of this area is changing.]

[The mood of this area has changed.]

SilverMoon grins.

Raspberries claims, "Maybe not moods"

SilverMoon claims, "Maybe just like the ligtning thing"

Starstarfish states, "And like with graffiti, add the ability to clean it up. So you could hide it if you wanted to, but it would take effort."

SilverMoon says, "Or when it is weathering outside, something like that."

Starstarfish states, "Not just being slightly gamey about it not being there codewise."

Kinaed says, "We can just append it to an existing mood."

Tato claims, "Stock moods could likely help with the heat of the moment things like fights. "

Kinaed queries, "So fights are a clear thing where we might add a message. Pool of blood on a finish... What else?"

Starstarfish claims, "Treat code that leads to getting blood and gore."

Starstarfish claims, "Butchering."

Kirill says, "I'd rather see people get creative themselves than rely on stock moods that... aren't."

Kuzco says, "Pool of blood with a KO"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Azarial states, "A nice splatter if someone fell."

Kinaed states, "I think everyone would prefer it, but I think a stock mood that is generic may act as a reminding prompt to some, and is better than nothing for others."

Starstarfish states, "So would I, but ... if people say they forget and people don't do so, something is better than nothing."

Starstarfish nods at Kinaed.

Tato nods.

Golden nods.

Temi states, "Wouldn't want to go into too much detail, though."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so far I have: fighting, blood stains on finish, KO, treat, butchering, and falling from a height"

Starstarfish states, "I could also argue that anything that pings a channel could get a mood in the room so that it doesn't get missed by channel spam."

Raspberries says, "I'm not sure on butchering. you normally clean up after yourself"

Kinaed claims, "A lot of that is transient."

Starstarfish asks, "Transient?"

Kinaed asks, "Can you give an example? Just locals being frightened by magic, etc?"

Kinaed says, "Things that wouldn't physically show."

Kinaed says, "Things that aren't permanent fixtures really or even fixtures at all."

Starstarfish states, "Well, you also have Reeves that notice various things, but the thing is ... it's an OOC factor if no one happens to be on to hear that, not an IC thing."

Raspberries says, "History (channel) is a thing"

Starstarfish claims, "Only back so far."

Kinaed says, "That's kind of what I mean. Transient isn't the right word - more emphemeral. Things people wouldn't know just walking in and looking."

Azarial states, "History channel all"

Temi says, "If people haven't been on, they don't tend to chat on their channel"

Temi says, "And if a bunch of guildmembers get on and chat up a storm and don't check on those things, it's probably not high priority anymore"

Kinaed claims, "I've added "info that led to a guild alert, potentially' to the list and we can add it to Staff Talking Points to discuss the ins and outs."

Raspberries nods.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oh, blood stains from injury would be nice too. NOt necessarily on finish not sure if you heard thatfrom me, Kinky."

Kinaed says, "I got it :)"

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "Okie!"

Raspberries claims, "Track currently shows if someone's bleeding"

Wimpled states, "I think which guilds would need to be taken into account. That could get messy for Physicians if every medic requests changes the mood."

Kinaed notes that the city will now soon be covered in unpredictable patterns of blood everywhere if we implement this. P

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Well, yeah, but like....if you're in a room and there's a splatter you shouldn't need to know how to track to see that."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Starstarfish claims, "Or making it skill/stat based."

Raspberries claims, "Perhaps moods and stuff should be human only."

Raspberries claims, "If not PC only"

Wimpled claims, "Depends on the splatter. "

Azarial claims, "They would expire, so the blood would eventually be worn away by others walking through it or someone scrubbing it off their stooop"

Kinaed says, "Honestly, I don't want to get too complex with this stuff."

Kinaed claims, "And I'd want it to be erasable by the players in the room."

Kinaed says, "Anything with perception checks in it, etc, won't be a part of the current mood system, at least."

Kinaed muses, "I've had a new player topic added - Norrig, why don't you introduce us?"

Kinaed says, "Sorry."

Kinaed claims, "I used names again."

Kinaed says, "I will get used to this system, I will. :P"

SilverMoon smiles at kinaed

Tato says, "Tsk tsk"

Raspberries raspberries.

Temi states, "We'll train you yet."

Temi grins at Kinaed.

Kuzco opens his eyes, then his third eye on his forehead: "I would like to ask if we could review the 'no sale to cloaked figures' thing. It applies even in clandestine places. It doesn't make much sense most of the time."

Kinaed clearly needs housetraining, yup.

Azarial says, "Clandestine places can be flagged to allow it"

Kinaed claims, "It's already allowed in places that will allow it."

Raspberries states, "Typoboard it, it can be overrided."

Kinaed claims, "Places that are above board don't allow it."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Temi says, "There may be some that are missing it that make sense, but yeah, typo board"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kirill says, "I'd like to ask that we be able to still use LIST while cloaked, even if we can't use BUY."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed states, "That makes sense."

Kuzco states, "Yeah, list."

Starstarfish states, "Yeah, because that's weird to RP around sometimes."

Kinaed nods.

Kuzco claims, "Trying to rent a room while cloaked and being forced to show my face is... eh."

Kinaed states, "I'm happy for list to become usable while cloaked."

SilverMoon claims, "Um"

SomeoneLoveable exclaims, "That'd be nice!"

Kirill says to Kinaed, "I brought this up once before and it was shot down."

Kinaed questions, "By me?"

SilverMoon states, "Well with all the mage's running around one would want to show their face."

Kirill claims, "On account of player based shops, I believe."

Kirill states, "But I'd be cool if NPC shops allowed buying while cloaked."

Kinaed states, "I don't recall it or the context."

SilverMoon claims, "Although, it is cold outside, yeah"

Starstarfish says, "I'd think that PCs could make the choice for their shop or not."

Kinaed states, "They won't allow buying while cloaked, but they will allow listing while cloaked."

SilverMoon states, "Makes sense"

Kirill claims, "I think the argument was that it's useful for investigations or something, to require short desc on receipt for player owned shops."

Kinaed states, "I think that has to do with purchasing, not just entering and looking around at the wares."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states, "Okay, we have three minutes left, and on that - I want to raise a request about Policy submissions."

Kuzco says, "I do think it doesn't make much sense. Cloaking isn't illegal."

SilverMoon shrugs

Raspberries claims to Kuzco, "Unless you're Federation."

Kirill states, "Yeah, that was for buy. Didn't occur to me at the time to ask for list while hooded."

Azarial says, "Their communist mentality shall fall."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed states, "Please, if you submit a policy complaint, read the policy in question and actually cite the policy you think was broken. I've had a few requests recently that just weren't against policy, and I'd like to reduce the waste in the system."

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries nods.

Dusty nods.

Mildred nods.

Kinaed says, "Thanks guys :)"

SilverMoon nods?

Kinaed asks, "Okay, we've hit the top of the hour. Have I missed anyone?"

SilverMoon states, "Nopes"

Kinaed smiles.

SomeoneLoveable declares, "I don't think so!"

Dusty states, "I'm good."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you all for coming; we look forward to seeing everyone again next week."

• Information