2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Kinky queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, kicking off Staff Updates - last week, I did some request queue processing, and I tidied up a plot or two, and ... I think that's it. Still on my desk - automated jail messages, updating the warrant spec, and.. and... oh, Turf Wars."

Kuzco muses, "Turf Wars?"

Tengu asks, "Turf wars?"

SomeoneLoveable exclaims, "Turf wars? sweet!"

Kinaed says, "I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider though, so I'll probably be en absentia until I finish it."

Kuzco declares, "Oy mate you're in bard turf! Sing a song or sleep with them fishes!"

GILES questions to Kinaed, "How is that?"

Kenny claims, "10/10 best game wont spoil it"

Raspberries states, "I'm still looking forward to jail automation"

Tengu claims, "I dunno why i'm surprised jail is a thing."

SilverMoon states, "It is a thing, though."

Kinaed states, "Turf wars is when groups (beyond base places assigned thematically) can fight over ownership of rooms, which in turn will give those groups ownership of areas, which in turn gives them some benefits in those areas, like collecting silver and being able to set non-erasable moods."

Tasker claims, "Knights dib Queen's Inn"

Tengu laughs.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "That's coool."

AnoraMoon begins to count their money.

Tengu wonders, "Oh god, are we gonna start seeing actual protection rackets?"

Tengu says, "Ooooh goooood."

Kinaed twiddles her thumbs, "Maybe."

Kenny claims, "Is this the start of drug trading"

AnoraMoon exclaims, "Don't you touch the Queen's! "

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, so that's my update. Azarial, you're up!"

Voxumo claims, "Ponders the expansion of southside"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "...drug trading would have me making a thief so so fast."

Kinaed nods at Voxumo.

Wimpled says, "Knights don't need the Queen's, they'll take Jeweled Peacock."

Tengu claims, "Same."

Golden says, "It should make things more interesting. I look forward to more information on it."

say Does that mean that borders could shrink as well?

Starstarfish wonders, "Does that mean that borders could shrink as well?"

Vlora nods at Wimpled

Kenny says, "And peoople getting shanked because they "Be tradin' drugs in ap lace where ye ain't no business to,""

Kinaed claims, "I'm going to write a spec, then I'll float it with everyone here for feedback."

Arielle nods

SilverMoon claims, "Oh lord"

Azarial says, "I've been bug hunting in the wake of roles, exile,m and excommunication."

Kinaed wonders, "Oh, excommunication and exile are in?"

Kinaed queries, "Not help filed yet, I assume?"

Niamh claims, "They are! haven't been tested yet."

Niamh nods.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Roles are nice now that I see how they work. :)"
Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Raspberries claims, "I still don't understand roles."

SilverMoon states, "I do like roles."

Azarial states, "I put in a stub for exile, but I was not touching excom's files"

Kuzco states, "I never got why roles are a thing."

Kuzco states, "Or what differs them from previous code arrangements."

Kinaed claims, "Roles basically replace the guild structure at its heart, but allow us to attach things to a role, like commands or headers/footers. Top-side, you shouldn't see a huge change."

Azarial says, "Prior, a rank was simply a string, and guildleaders were always hot to trot to change them--then complaining that their commands don;t work."

Kuzco says, "Huh ok"

Temi says, "Going forwards, roles do a lot to help some of the new features we want to add"

Niamh says, "Basically came down to gutting out really messy and tangled up code with really tidy and clean code, I think."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco states, "Okay thanks."

Voxumo says, "I'm still waiting for alot of what roles was advertised to do before I make a true judgment of it, but as of right now roles feels pointless"

Temi says, "In the first version, it's pretty much just replacing existing functionality"

Azarial says, "Now that a rank is more than just a string, I can hang commands on them specifically."

Tengu states, "Ooh."

Kuzco says, "Neat."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Merchants already have some differences with them I've noticed."

SilverMoon questions, "So, an example?"

Golden muses, "So different roles will have command specific to them?"

Kinaed says, "No more worrying if a GL changed the Inquisitor role from rank 13 to 10 if the Inquisitor could still use the Burn command, for example."

Azarial states, "If their guilds warrant it."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

SilverMoon claims, "Lord."

Kinaed states to Golden, "Well, if the rank is appropriate to have special commands, yes."

Kinaed says, "Not all do."

Temi states, "And you'll be able to have things like a treasurer role having bank powers without other guildleader powers, etc."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco declaims, "Okay! Thanksf for explaining so patiently :)"

Kinaed smiles.

Golden states, "Thanks for explaining. That does sound neat."

GILES nods.

Tengu exclaims, "Aye!"

Kenny nods.

Raspberries claims, "Sounds good. I like my rolls with butter and jam."

SilverMoon grins.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so that's Azarial's update. Just having a quick look at the boards to see if there's anything to add."

Arielle waves a muffin made with apples and cinnamon and topped with nuts around.

Starstarfish muses, "Perhaps now that's a possibility to give more than GLs that power we could re-examine that poll on said bank powers?"

Kinaed claims, "Not sure what you're talking about, but happy to revisit old questions, yep."

Temi states, "We're not there yet. It's the sort of thing that will be possible with the new system."

AnoraMoon drinks from a large glass of barley beer with an inch-thick frothy head.

Raspberries claims, "I noticed hail list is color coded now, which is neat"

Tengu says, "Ooooh."

Raspberries claims, "If you left someone behind, they show up red."

Kinaed says, "Okay, looking at the changes board - we have exile: Seneschal kicks someone out of Lithmore, and excommunication: GI excommunicates a resident of Lithmore. OOC titles in OOC rooms. Courier boxes now decay. Updated the bid list to actually show the day that the bid expires, not just the time."

Kinaed states, "And a bunch of sundry bugs no one will notice."

Starstarfish queries, "Like PC made boxes? What happens to the stuff inside them?"

Raspberries claims, "There's also the new thing when you eat/drink it'll show how many bites/sips are left"

Kinaed says, "Help files will ensue for those."

SilverMoon states, "I like those"

Kinaed states, "Stuff inside decayed boxes is dropped on the floor or in your inventory."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

GILES states, "I LOVE that with the drinks and the food."

Kinaed says, "Oh, I think it's possible to take multiple sips (but not bites) at once now."

Azarial states, "And bites"

SomeoneLoveable states, "Oooooh"

Kinaed says, "We'll get around to updating help files soon, sorry for the delay."

Raspberries pontificates, "Nice!"

Kinaed says, "Oh, cool. And big bites too."

Tengu says, "Oh! Yeah, I noticed that drink/food thing."

Bruny is idle.

Kinaed claims, "I hope there's a max bite and sip size though, least someone literally shove a whole three tier wedding cake into their mouth at once."

Tato says, "Yea I noticed that too"

SilverMoon claims, "I smirked"

Kinaed says, "... mage."

SomeoneLoveable declares, "....magery!"

say If you do that it should give you Colic.

Starstarfish says, "If you do that it should give you Colic."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay - Temi, you're up! :)"

Tengu says, "W I T C H C R A F T"

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Raspberries pontificates to Kinaed, "Don't judge me! *wipes mouth of sleeve*"

Kinaed laughs.

SilverMoon wonders, "Hungry, love? *grins at Rspberries*"

Temi declaims, "Alright! Well, I've finished cruising the Mediterranean and am now back, recharged and ready to get back to work!"

Kinaed is jealous.

SilverMoon says, "Woo cruises."

GILES pontificates, "Welcome back!"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I....am filled with jealousy."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "You're up :)"

AnoraMoon pontificates, "THAT is why I've never seen you before!"

Temi says, "Improvised weapons and magecrafting are at the top of my list."

Temi grins.

Raspberries pontificates, "Woo!"

Kinaed nods at AnoraMoon.

SomeoneLoveable exclaims, "Woo!"

SilverMoon states, "I am gonna use a chairleg to fight you."

Voxumo asks, "Damn, magecrafting still?"

Raspberries asks, "Can I set people on fire with improvised pretty please?"

SomeoneLoveable states, "Flaming arrows. lol."

Temi says, "No promises."

Wimpled says, "Just throw molotov cocktails."

SilverMoon states, "Bad raspberries."

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "We're working on such things."

Raspberries smiles.

Temi says, "Yeah, got distracted from magecrafting a few times."

Niamh states, "Handled some little RPA plots, request queue, request board, typo board. I don't think I did anything special this week; just the usual day to day stuff."

SilverMoon grins.

Kenny says, "Yes fire on weapons"

Kinaed claims, "Much appreciated. :)"

Kenny claims, "Saves the trouble of the pyre"

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's it for staff updates."

Kinaed muses, "That moves us on to Player Heartbeat! How was the game this week, folks? Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Kuzco claims, "I'm great! Looking forward to the duel."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I just have to say that Empena and Kirill have brought such fun to politics that's refreshing and less headache inducing so kudos on that."

AnoraMoon trails off, "General boredness around the game but other than that..."

Kinaed claps for Kirill and Empena.

Kenny questions, "Well, I've had a great three days, lol. Sad that I -think- I'd miss the duel bc school but what can you do? haha"

Golden declares, "I'm having fun and looking forward to future RP!"

AnoraMoon claims, "Oh, and hard to make monies."

Kirill bows.

GILES says, "There were a few players, and I hope they know who they are, who particularly impressed me this week with thoughtful, thematic RP."

Viper claims, "Still having fun."

Raspberries declaims, "Been a slow week for me, but hopefully that'll change this coming week!"

Kinaed smiles.

Golden claims, "I'm really looking forward to the duel."

Kinaed questions, "Is there something on today after the OOC Chat?"

Kinaed thought there might be an event, but can't recall.

Kuzco declares, "Merchant auction!"

AnoraMoon states, "Other than that, I still think this game outdoes IRE."

Wimpled claims, "The auction"

Golden claims, "Merchants auction."

Kinaed states, "Ooo."

Tato says, "Got back from being away, and it's been a whirlwind of things going on. Fun stuff."

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "The auction and ball put up by the merchants!"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "We had a lot of merchants help out with making items."

Kirill says, "Ball and auction. I hope we're not abandoning the ball part. ;)"

Kinaed states to AnoraMoon, "That's pleasing to hear, thank you :)"

Kirill twirls prettily.

Kenny claims, "Auction, and I think safir screamed at a reeve bc her place was thrashed"

SilverMoon claims, "Nope, nothing is shitting me, I brought my high and rich girl back yesterday, have been having fun with other me's, and it has not been emotional, which is good in a way because my emotions are a little good now. :P"

AnoraMoon says, "Well leaves me out... I have... no good dress."

Wimpled says, "Safir does not scream."

Wimpled states, "She talks at volume."

Tato states, "I mean, that's just stark reeving mad, that"

Kinaed claims, "I've been asked to anonymously remind people to put bets on the duel. Hmm, not sure if I should encourage gambling."

Starstarfish says, "Same"

Tengu laughs.

Kenny says, "Lmaoooooo"

Raspberries tosses a silver coin in the air, catching it with the other hand.

Kinaed claims, "That said, someone was saying they need more ways to make money."

SilverMoon states, "I talk at volume"

Arielle will bet.

Tengu says, "That'd probably be useful."

SilverMoon claims, "If you hear my rich lady talking at volume and she doesn't usually, someone has pissed her off. Omg, I want her to have a fit now"

Tengu claims, "Right now I've no real idea what to do besides waiting to have enough money to buy more assets."

Kinaed states, "Okay, if we're all a cheerful bunch, it's time... for Player Topics. Let's kick off with Raspberries."

Raspberries muses, "Could we get one-use voucher items that load the various livestock animals as resources to attach to assets?
"

SilverMoon claims, "*eats food*"

Raspberries states, "Similar to the deck of cards from art: hold and use. Alternatively, there could be an NPC that accepts the vouchers and exchanges them for the animal.

Building on this idea, it'd be nice if the animals from husbandry could similarly be turned into vouchers, so they could be sold in a player-owned shop."

SomeoneLoveable trails off, "I'm currently trying to find a good balance of things that help merchants and other crafters get a foot in the door with patrons while also not making the market collapse. soo..."

Temi claims, "It would be completely new code."

Raspberries muses, "No current script can load mobiles?"

Azarial claims, "Nope."

Niamh states, "Not from an object."

Kirill questions, "Maybe not. You hand the right item to a mob, who loads an NPC pet for you to claim?"

Raspberries asks of Niamh, "Mobprog?"

Niamh nods at Kirill.

Temi states, "I don't think turning animals into objects that you can easily just carry around is really a good idea."

Kinaed claims, "Let's put it on the Staff Topics list - I'm getting a bit spammed in tells and unable to follow."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states, "Thanks for sharing the idea, Prisca :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, next up is Theodora :) Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Sparkles claims, "We used to have a helpfile that listed who owned what businesses, as that went away, I've found it sometimes harder to find out who owns something to contact for an order or RP. Especially if it's a non-Merchant type shop. Could we possibly bring that helpfile back? Or encourage people to put up signs in their shops? You could of course use a fake name/mailing name but some point of contact would be super helpful."

Kinaed says, "I think it's replaced with the roster command."

Kinaed says, "Yep, try 'roster' or 'roster list'"

Voxumo states, "Roster is a stub"

Sparkles claims, "Those don't currently work."

Kinaed claims, "Is it? Bummer."

Niamh states, "Help business shows shops with pshops marked."

Voxumo says, "Both are stubs"

Sparkles claims, "Yes, but not who owns them. The old helpfiles used to have people's names."

Kinaed says, "Help business doesn't have names against it, probably because it's a nightmare to keep up to date."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Niamh claims, "Not owners, though, as I think after an OOC meeting we specifically avoided providing the IC info OOC."

Raspberries nods.

Temi finishes abruptly, "That was not owned - it was managed"

Temi says, "And that is now handled by the asset system"

Temi states, "So staff don't keep it up with the helpfile"

Kinaed nods.

Sparkles claims, "Maybe just encouraging folks to put signs out front."

Kinaed says, "I think we need to problem solve for that."

Niamh says, "It's a pretty nightmarish helpfile. u_u"

Niamh states, "Just for maintenance."

Kinaed says, "Right now, you can throw up a plot to find out ICly who runs something though."

Temi says, "Roster command should handle it, but it's not done yet.. I think it got lost track of at some point"

Kirill trails off, "I bet you could put your feelers out with the Reeves, or put out a bounty..."

Kirill says, "Maybe a rumor."

Kirill says, "Various ways. If someone's around and wants to be found."

Voxumo states, "I don't see how the reeves would know such knowledge"

Kinaed wonders to Niamh, "Please add 'problem solving for the roster command until roster is complete' into Staff Talking points?"

Wimpled claims, "Reeves collect taxes."

Raspberries says, "Reeves handle tax stuff."

SomeoneLoveable says, "They would be able to find out, "

Wimpled states, "Businesses are tax."

Sparkles says, "I wasn't a bit deal, just throwing out that if you are a shopkeeper and folks aren't stopping by, people might want something, but don't know who to talk to."

Kirill says, "Reeves can look into who's paying taxes."

Bruny has lost link.

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Voxumo claims, "But you don't pay taxes for shops you manage, just own"

Kirill says, "Right."

Kinaed states, "Okay, thank you Theodora. Safir, you're up next - please introduce us to your topic. :)"

Wimpled claims, "I have a question about techniques. Are they to be associated with specific combat skills, or is it the combat grouping that will determine skill level for the technique? -combat, -melee, what have you? Some techniques have specific skills they could obviously be tied to - shield bash to block, backstab to dagger - but wasn't sure on some of the other ones. The categorization for your skill in those 'subgroups' averages in all the skills available, so it's actually very difficult to have a high combat or high melee score, even if you might be champion with a weapon. "

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Your combat skill determines the skill level - anyone can use them (except throwing, which continues to use the throwing skill)"

Wimpled muses, "So combat skill meaning the entire combat grouping?"

Kinaed claims, "No, just the offensive weapon skill."

Wimpled asks, "Ah, the one wielded?"

Raspberries muses, "Was disarm considered as a technique?"

Kinaed wonders, "But maybe it should be the grouping. Opinions?"

Azarial says, "...no."

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "No, we didn't consider it."

Raspberries questions, "Could it be considered?"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed states, "Sure can."

Voxumo claims, "I don't like the idea of having to master multiple weapons just to be decent with one technique"

Wimpled claims, "Speaking of throwing, throw was taken out for a minute there, then it was mentioned on visnet to contact staff to get it added back if you needed to... a note didn't go up though. I happened to read it on visnet but don't know that everyone did."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Kinaed claims, "It was gone for about 10 min, and I don't think it affected anyone who didn't log in."

Kinaed claims, "Everyone online was, to our knowledge, fixed."

Raspberries claims, "It might be good to have a small bonus for your overall combat prowess, but should be primarily your equipped weapon I think"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Viper asks, "Are you suggesting that the techniques are more successful with more weapons trained?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that targetted the wrong person."

Kinaed wonders to Niamh, "Add whether techniques might get a bonus for overall combat prowess to Staff Talking Points?"

Wimpled says, "I wasn't trying to get it designated to grouping and don't think it should be, it is far too high to raise. I was trying to clarify to understand what 'combat skill' meant and hoping it meant an individual skill. A bonus is cool tho for those of us with everything. "

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Kinaed states, "Okay, Starstarfish, you're up next :)"

Kinaed claims, "For the record, the way it is written now, there's no bonus for more weapons trained, it's just your immediate combat skill."

Starstarfish says, "I'd like to make a general service announcement wherein I know some folks have a bit of a connection problem. And that's okay, it happens. But there are moments where ... sometimes folks idle or DC and when they come back, even if they had been in the middle of a scene, and the folks they were sceneing with are still there ... they just sort of ... walk out of the room. Sometimes that can be a bit awkward to RP, so, just a general reminder/thought about that."

Kinaed claims, "Er, offensive weapon skill"

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Kuzco wonders, "What's an offensive weapon skill? Fighting with a fish? With a copy of Mein Kampf?"

Kinaed says, "Yep, let's be kind to one another folks."

Tengu says, "Fighting with a gigantic fish with the entirety of Mein Kampf transcribed onto it."

Tengu states, "In Swedish."

Tengu nods.

AnoraMoon says, "That is one giant, struggly, swedish fish."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's Starstarfish."

Tengu trails off, "The things people do for the sake of power..."

Raspberries claims to Kuzco, "My first thought of an offensive weapon was a certain purple thing from GTA, but that too I suppose."

Asvaldr waits for the day catapults are in the game so that they can have a mage who launches cats at the Knights and or order

Kinaed questions, "Next up is AnoraMoon - please introduce us to your topic?"

AnoraMoon claims, "Ok so I have a question on plots. Once one is written up and submitted, how exactly do you know if it's ok to go ahead? Ok more than one. Also, how do you know if it can be done, when it's slated for, etc? The HELP file only explains how to submit the plot request, not how to know if it's been accepted, know when it's slated to happen, etc."

Kenny states, "When that happens I rp it as if they walked off etc"

AnoraMoon wonders, "To raspberries a certain phallic item?"

SilverMoon states, "I am here."

Kinaed claims, "A staff member will respond to it, and a post is updated on the Plot Board."

Kuzco says, "You get alerted when the plot is handled by staff."

Raspberries nods.

Niamh says, "Plot list, then plot review #"

Niamh states, "And to edit and update, plot edit #"

SomeoneLoveable says, "I still don't really know whatthe goal/purpose of plots are."

Temi claims, "To be clear, a plot is generally something where you want to work with staff to get a result"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "I think you raised a plot that needs to be discussed because it's better in the ST system. Plots are typically 'after the fact' requests - like, "I wrote the Cardinal, what does the Cardinal reply with" as opposed to 'I want to run a story, can I go ahead'"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Like I mean they advance stories obviously I...just find them massively confusing."

Temi trails off, "If what you want is to run a story... there's a separate story approval system"

Kuzco says, "Plots are good to do things that aren't usually supported by code"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SilverMoon says, "I would cough... I remember a plot once."

AnoraMoon asks, "I think the ST system needs to be explained a bit better as well. When this is over, can I borrow one of the ADMIN to explain it a little better?"

Kinaed claims, "I was hoping to catch AnoraMoon and run through how to set it up with her, but I haven't time-wise."

Kirill says, "Stories are player run events."

Kinaed nods at AnoraMoon.

Raspberries states, "I think plots could use an overhaul, which is planned. hopefully they'll be a bit easier to figure out sometime."

AnoraMoon declares, "Love you Kinky!"

Temi claims, "There's a story tutorial zone which we can send you to if you're curious"

Tato says, "As far as I've noticed, they're for anything that requires staff input. That's about the gist of it."

Kinaed states, "Sure! We also have a fantastic 'zone' designed to teach you all about stories that one of our players who runs STs a lot developed."

Kuzco states, "For example I make plots to write to a bard in another duchy, or the Queen. Reeves do plot to ask ambient NPC witnesses of a crime scene."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Stories are cool I just don't really have good ideas that I think are interesting enough to warrant people wanting to do them. lol"

Kinaed blushes.

Tengu says, "Saaaaaaaame."

Kinaed claims to SomeoneLoveable, "Sometimes really simple things have been awesome stories."

Asvaldr writes plots to find out which goat jumped the fence from his herd

SomeoneLoveable says, "I leave that to all the vets who know lots of lore and history."

Kirill says, "I've got a story in the system, slated for next week."

Kirill states, "Story list, story review 116."

AnoraMoon claims, "I don't mean to offend the awesomeness of the staff here, but I really think some of the HELP files need a bit of an overhaul. Like that one but sometimes, it can't be done and I understand it. "

SilverMoon claims, "Hey Kinaed is my future husband that does a lot of volonteering."

Kuzco exclaims, "Like help disengage!"

Kuzco says, "Best helpfile ever."

Kinaed nods solemly to Silvermoon.

Kirill claims, "The story system has several helpfiles to explain it."

Kenny claims, "Papa always said great stories usually start with the corpse of a stabbed priest laying in the tavern"

AnoraMoon claims, "Kinaed is... a unicorn???? and a she."

Kirill states, "Plots are basically RPA."

SilverMoon states, "No no."

Temi claims, "Unfortunately, we want helpfiles to have all of the details for people."

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "I worry the help files aren't the best. If they were, we probably wouldn't have needed the tutorial. :/"

Temi claims, "That means it's hard to make them simple to understand too."

Raspberries exclaims, "Oh! on the subject on combat, had another suggestion if there's time"

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Let me get through the list, then I'll pop back to you."

Raspberries nods.

AnoraMoon claims, "To temi Well... I'd like to help if I could some time. Anyway"

Kirill claims to Kinaed, "It's not a simple system. Hard to break it down much further."

Temi states, "Some could probably be made more clear, but for a lot of them, making them more clear would lose a lot of the info."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll meet up with AnoraMoon after this to discuss."

Kinaed states, "Next is... Kuzco. Kuzco, please introduce us to your topic :)"

Kirill claims to Kinaed, "Some things are just easier to understand when you do them, hence why the tutorial. Though, never hurts to collect more feedback."

Kuzco says, "I'd like to know if we can implement a periodic reminder that you have a messenger waiting. I'm... very bad at remembering that, I'm sure I'm not the only one. And it keeps people waiting, and it's a bit rude if the messenger expires after hours."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Temi queries, "Do you not have it on your prompt?"

Kirill wonders, "Is it not in your prompt?"

Kinaed questions, "Isn't it in your prompt?"

Kirill claims, "Help prompt -- can add the M"

Kuzco states, "I don't use prompts... they get in the way so much and playing from the phone makes it even worse."

SilverMoon states, "It's in my prompt."

SilverMoon says, "All about the prompt."

Kuzco says, "I get like 20 lines of prompts on my screen constantly."

Kinaed says, "Maybe your prompt should just be the messenger? It won't show if nothing is there."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "That's actually not a bad idea."

Tengu states, "OOf. Got distracted again."

Kinaed trails off, "Yes, if you want the alert ... keep the alert :)"

Kinaed hugs Kuzco.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, back to Raspberries with her combat idea?"

Raspberries states, "Could arrest/restrain be changed so it initiates combat? It currently puts people being arrested in a bit of a bind, as if they want to flee, they must first attack even if they wouldn't ICly want to attack just to run away."

Tengu claims, "Makes sense to me."

GILES claims, "I agree with Raspberries."

Kinaed questions, "Az, would that break things?"

Kinaed states, "I'd think fleeing while arrested itself could/should initiate combat, but I'm not sure if arresting is the best point to initiate combat."

Wimpled has left the game.

Kirill questions, "Or maybe allow the flee command during restrain? As an option?"

Kinaed claims, "That depends a lot on how it is under the hood, but I take the point that if you want to flee an arrest, the only way to do so is to initiate combat."

Raspberries says, "Flee (direction) when not in combat just returns "Raspberries is just standing there and cannot do that right now.""

Starstarfish claims, "My concern there would be people would figure out the timing and just dip out once they figured out the echoes. "

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "I think the intent is that, but maybe the implementation doesn't match."

Cen says, "This has come up many times for my characters"

Tengu claims, "I'll have to get going soon, I'm afraid. Gonna pay my mom another visit in the hospital."

Cen claims, "I think arrest is a clumsy tool and could be made much better"

Kinaed claims to Tengu, "No worries. I'll drop you back on grid. Thanks for coming :)"

Raspberries nods.

Viper claims, "I personally worry about RP in general if coded things like this have to be put in."

GILES states, "If I played a mage and had, like, egg shells to make boats on my person (random example), I'd run away to ditch the eggs before I let the Order have proof that I was a person that was carrying around eggs."

Azarial states, "Shouldn;t break things."

Kinaed claims, "We'll also add that to staff talking points, I think."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Voxumo says, "Admits they find it stupid that resisting arrest initiates combat upon refusal, as it can be used willy nilly, and in theory could be used to prevent non-coded fleeing"

Azarial says, "And arrest is still fairly legacy, all things considered."

Kinaed says, "In that case, let's just bug it."

Cen says, "It is used like that"

Cen claims, "Many times"

Kinaed claims, "I think it's pretty clear that if a person resists arrests, a struggle will ensue, and that struggle is code mediated."

Kenny exclaims, "Well I agreee with that!"

Voxumo muses, "Yeah, but why would struggle ensue if say the reeves haven't made an effort to prevent escape?"

Kinaed states, "And fleeing in situations where someone doesn't want one to flee is supposed to be code arbitrated."

GILES claims, "Well, it sort of depends on the person arresting and the person being arrested."

Cen says, "The problem is that there are ways of resisting arrest aside from throwing knives and attacking people"

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Kinaed claims, "The arrest is showing that they'll make an effort to prevent escape."

Cen claims, "And there isn't room for that in code"

SilverMoon wields an iron dueling dagger with an ornamental bronze ring guard.

Temi states, "Combat code is supposed to handle all of those."

SilverMoon stops using an iron dueling dagger with an ornamental bronze ring guard.

Cen says, "But you can't get into combat code without attacking someone"

Temi says, "Unfortunately, there's the awkward transition still from being arrested to resisting arrest."

GILES claims, "If there's a guy with high dexterity or has a retainer that'll scream really loud, distracting the reeve/knight, a run for it is totally possible."

Kirill claims, "It would be kind of weird to be put in combat when someone tries to arrest you, if you haven't decided whether to resist yet or not, but I dunno."

Kinaed says, "We don't cater for edge cases."

Temi claims, "Running is fine, but it should be done with flee, and combat has that set up. We're just talking about how tomake that more elegant."

Voxumo muses to Kinaed, "So if a criminal made every effort to basically pose "I have kept one route of exit free, ie right behind me, it doesn't matter as long as a reeve uses a single command?"

Raspberries claims, "If you accept the arrest, combat ends"

Kinaed states, "I think that scenario is almost never the case, and a criminal being prepared knows someone can attempt to restrain them."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Is n't thatlike some sort of power posing. it sounds like it's...over complicating it in a way."

Cen queries, "By that mentality, Temi, why not just have arrest automatically initiate combat?"

Cen claims, "Why does the arrestee have to start the combat"

Starstarfish queries, "Then suggest a fail chance with a high enough skill/stat in certain things?"

Temi wonders, "That's what we're disucssing, arent' we?"

SilverMoon wonders, "As someone who has been restrained before in an arrest, I have learned just to go with it, because honestly, why fight when you've done the crime?"

Cen says, "Oh."

Raspberries claims, "That's what we're currently discussing Cen"

Cen claims, "Well, I think that should happen :P"

Kinaed states, ""arrest' is actually open to anyone too. Not just Reeves, it's otherwise called 'restrain', so a criminal can do it too"

Raspberries claims, "He was idled out and missed that part. ;)"

Cen claims, "Just have arrest start combat with the arrestee having the turn to act"

Cen claims, "It should probably cost a combat turn anyway"

Temi says, "We were just discussing if it would cause problems with how the code is set up, and Az thinks it should be possible"

Voxumo trails off, "Kinaed I had my tenebrae go into a room full of folks, and rped them blocking the only exit out... admittingly as soon as I saw the handcuffs pulled out, I booked it, because I knew code was about to be used to trump multiple poses of set up"

Kinaed says, "Basically, restraining someone requires that someone has an object to do so and is declaring ICly that they'll pretty much jump on a person and try to wrestle them to submission, be they a Reeve or anyone else."

Kinaed states, "I think the system is as fair as can reasonably be had"

Kirill states, "I don't think we want to wade into the murky waters of what 'could have' happened."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Mm."

Voxumo muses, "Or it could just not initiate combat, and upon refusal it's up to the arrester or their allies to attack?"

Viper states, "I think this is more of a matter of the players, not code."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I agree."

Voxumo states, "I mean, that seems fairer than forcing combat"

Viper states, "If you're going to be shitty and use code over RP, then this will forever be an issue brought up."

Starstarfish queries, "Maybe arrest code can get blocked if you have a retainer in the way?"

Kinaed says, "I think it's not something that's going to be resolved by hot opinions in an OOC Chat. It may be better to open a forum post about it so people can state their opinions on it, and staff can reflect."

Cen says, "Viper, that's not really an argument. People have a right to work within the code, and if the code has an issue, that's an issue with the rules not with the player"

Raspberries states, "As Az said, arrest is pretty legacy code, and should probably just be overhauled in general."

Viper claims, "It's a pretty valid argument since this is an RP game."

Tasker says, "^"

Cen says, "Arbitrated by code"

Cen states, "And we're trying to make that arbitration more fair"

SilverMoon trails off, "If you don't want the time..."

GILES states, "Viper has a point, though."

Temi states, "I don't see how being in combat is a bad thing. It just puts you in a mode where different code is available."

Kinaed states, "I agree with Viper regarding RP trumping code - but also acknowledge that sometimes code is what you need to get two people who doggedly don't agree on a topic to have a settled result."

Kinaed says, "But I think we need to wrap up :) It's the top of the hour."

Temi trails off, "And if it happens to be the code that has all the options you need..."

Raspberries nods.

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries pontificates, "Thanks everyone!"

Kinaed claims, "Please write a forum post to continue the discussion about arrests."

Kenny nods.

GILES declaims, "Thanks staff!"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "But I have to be somewhere soon - driving my mom to a doctor's appointment - so I have to end on time :)"

SomeoneLoveable declares, "Thaanks!"

Raspberries waves.

Kirill waves.

Kinaed declares, "Thanks everyone! We'll see you next week!"

• Information