Log of OOC Meeting 2018-09-01

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dionorria
Discord Handle: Shuka

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Log session starting at 18:01:59 on Saturday, 1 September 2018.

Evani states, "It's Niamh, I'll forgive her."

Kinaed has transferred Empena.  

Dionorria says, "I just started logging everything from Evani"

Kinaed gives Empena some coins.

Calanthe muses to Dionorria, "Do you have an account on the forums?"

Kinaed claims to Empena, "We're just looking for a scribe now." 

Azarial says, "Given the hail around here, I imagine there are quite a few formerly nice cars uip
for resale from insurance companies." 

Dionorria states, "Not yet but I can make one" 

Dionorria says, "To kinaed I'll do it."  

Calanthe says to Kinaed, "Dionorria was volunteering, she just needs a bit more info."   

Niamh states, "I think Dionorria volunteered."  

Prisca states to Kinaed, "Dionorria offered to scribe I think"

Maura claims to Kinaed, "Dionorriia seems to be offering to scribe."

Kinaed pontificates to Dionorria, "Thank you!"

Safir sneezes loudly.

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe! 

Prisca laughs. 

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates

- Player Heartbeat

- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"  

Dionorria exclaims, "I'm logging this stuff!"

Niamh states to Safir, "Dav bless."

Azarial says, "Two rounds of it, the car dealerships must be suffering."  

Prisca says, "I have something, and Zolin also asked me to raise a topic for him"

Evani has nothing because she always sits and listens.

Dionorria muses, "Oh! Just before we start, what's the website again so I can go make my account on
forums? "

Tato claims, "I'm just spectating, atm"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I've got Prisca for herself and Zolin - Prisca, one a time and we'll circle back
if we have time for Zolin's stuff since he's not here."

Kinaed states to Dionorria, "Https://ti-legacy.com"

Dionorria claims, "Thank you Kinaed"

Prisca nods.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if you have a topic, please pre-type it so you're ready to go. Also, if you 
think of a topic and want to register one, please send me a tell."

Kinaed states, "Without further ado, I'll kick off staff updates."

Kinaed says, "Last week, I processed the Request Queue a few times, handled a few player requests,
worked on a new Turf Wars spec, and handled... I think one policy case."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, and a few interesting emails from players about the game, which I'll share 
shortly."

Maura arches brow "Turf wars spec?"

Azarial claims, "I've managed to work on bugs for the msot part.  some older hidden crashes have 
come to light as well, so that's been fun.  atm, I am sick."

Azarial says, "....and tapped enter when I didn;t mean to."

Azarial spits in disgust.

Kinaed claims, "So, one thing from players that I handled recently was a query about whether Great
Lord GLs should be set as nobles, etc, and recognized as such by the code. The answer is yes, so 
we're working on fixing that. Great Lords are the Justiciar, the Earl Marshall, and the 
Seneschal/Keeper of the Seal."

Kinaed claims to Maura, "I'll get to that in a bit."

Giles states, "My fault. Allow me to offer apologies. When engaging in horrible RP, I ordered 
several things off of television commercials, so I'm the real loser here."

Evani grins at Giles.

Kinaed states, "Another query that I had was about gambits, and how the introducing paragraph of a 
gambit often reads like a rumor."

Prisca states, "Ooo, Turf Wars. And yeah, I giggled when a cairrage man refused service to the Keeper 
of the Seal- she holds rank equal to a duke"

Calanthe asks, "Is the Chancellor of the Exchequer no longer a Great Lord position, or possibly just
being removed from PC access?"

Kinaed states, "I've spoken with staff, and reviewed HELP GAMBIT, and it should not be - the actual
 introductory paragraph of a gambit shoudl talk about the actual plot action that's happening to 
remove a GL, and the comments can be more like rumors. IE, please submit gambits something like 
'Recent unrest amongst the X guild has resulted in a call for a vote of no confidence in GL Y'"

Maura trails off, "Cour positions in general seem to be phased out, except for those who still hold 
one... which aren't many"

Kinaed says, "As opposed to a list of crimes, etc, particularly in speech format as we're trying to
get away from speeches."

Kinaed claims, "Yes! Calanthe you are correct, the Chancellor of the Exchequer is a Great Lord. I 
forgot."

Prisca nods.

Kinaed states, "I'll go fix that."

Azarial says, "Do your speech icly."

Giles wonders, "Kinaed, can I add a topic?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so that's that item. The next one that was interesting enough to share was a 
query about whether Davism actually is racist/classist, and whether there was inheriently anything 
racist/classist in Davism."

Kinaed claims to Giles, "Sure, I've registered you - please pre-type your topic"

Dvi states, "I'm not sure about Davism at it's most primordial level, but Davites certainly are"

Kinaed states, "The answer is yes - one of the tenets of Davism is not to deny one's station, and 
whereas one's station isn't spelled out in the scripture, it is in Order of precedence and cultural 
attitudes."

Tato states, "I'm personally unsure about whether there's doctrinal racisim, but there's definitely
classism written into it"

Evani shrugs and leans back against a pillow

Azarial says, "Iirc, only lithmorrans can drink frpm the upper spring.  everyone else is permited
 the lower."

Tato states, "That is correct"

Tato claims, "I've been reading aaaaaall the help files :P"

Kirill states to Tato, "There's overlap in class and race here, as Charali and Hillmen are 
restricted to the lowest class."

Maura is personally not a fan of the classism written into davism, as often it cuts alot of rp
 opportunities....

Niamh says, "Less than Freemen."

Niamh nods at Kirill.

Evani sighs.

Giles wonders, "What does that mean, though, exactly? If I might weigh in for a second?"

Evani trails off, "I just sit in the back of the church, because I'm of the little bit upper class
 and am tubori, so it's like... I have a dobule off"

Niamh grins at Evani.

Evani grins at Niamh.

Tato questions, "Though, I did find a contradiction in the upper and lower fountain thing. In one 
file, it said only lithmorrans, and in another it said only certain nobles and such. Which is 
correct?"

Dionorria says, "The biggest issue I find with that is, as Maura said, it cuts into RP. "

Kinaed says, "The Order of Precedence (HELP PRECEDENCE) is not written in scripture, but it is
 definitely culturally understood across the board, and the scripture refers to it, etc."

Azarial says, "It adds to rp because you have to fogure out how to get around it in a socially 
acceptable manner"

Niamh states, "I think it creates more RP, yeah. Just depends on how you look at it."

Calanthe muses, "If it's not pushing off topic, what are examples of how it cuts into RP?"

Kinaed claims, "As for whether or not racism and classism cuts into RP, that's a large topic 
probably better suited to the forums please. I don't think we'd get to anything today if we get into 
a debate about it."

Niamh nods.

Calanthe claims, "I think it creates challenges which are important, and also I know that the 
religion files etc. have been written in such a way as to bypass really STRICT restrictions."

Kinaed says, "Please do feel free to raise it on the forums :)"

Calanthe claims, "For example, nobles being obligated to treat with the lesser classes as part of 
their faith and obedience to the church."

Maura trails off, "You can't even talk about being unsatisfied with how freeman are treated without 
running the risk of being heretical, and with staff being unwilling to change any part of religion 
should enough actions take place icly to suggest an uprising..."

Calanthe claims, "Sorry! Was in the typing storm, I see your suggestion to forum it, Kinaed. :)"

Azarial says, "Oh dear, the jumped up peasantry has cught something; we're going tp have to purge 
them out."

Giles says to Calanthe, "Fair enough, but Giles was literally punished because he was hanging out a t
the Queen's. He confessed to being beneath his station."

Kinaed states, "Okay, quickly - someone asked about turf wars. This references to a spec discussin g
how players can 'fight for control over parts of the city' for special benefits, like making some 
extra silver or potentially being able to put in special moods, etc. Certain parts of the game are 
thematically owned, those won't be available, but other ones may be influenced and whatnot."

Azarial says, "Religiously, an uprisng won;t happen because that is their place in society."

Azarial states, "The uprising is a modern view point incorrectly applied to theme"

Kinaed states, "I'd prefer not to go too far into it until the spec is ready to be floated, again a 
convo that will probably derail the OOC Chat, but players will see it and be able to comment on it 
before it goes into play."

Calanthe nods at Kinaed.

Kirill claims to Giles, "Nobility can hang out at the Queen's. It's how you act while you're there.
:)"

Empena states, "I sort of feel like this recent push where if someone can't do something we need to
 change lore IMHO takes away from the game, and that feels a fairly recent thing."

Niamh nods at Kirill.

Prisca nods.

Evani had a noble and she used to hang out at the queen's all the time

Giles says to Kirill, "At the time, he was just nice and once in a while buying a round."

Niamh says, "We're getting a little sidetracked."

Azarial claims, "Lore won;t be changing.  keep the crusading for social justice RL."

Maura wonders to Azarial, "My point exactly Azarial... Why do we even have class relations as a city
metric if even talking about anything that suggests one isn't satisfied with their "position" in 
life is a heresy?"

Dvi states, "I certainly hang out everywhere"

Kirill declaims, "Turf Wars spec sounds cool. I'm looking forward to seeing more!"

Giles says, "Honestly, Az and Maura summed up my thoughts perfectly."

Kinaed states, "Guys - let's take the discussion regarding racism and classism in Davism to the 
forums please."

Prisca nods.

Dionorria states, "Oh, I have a topic I want to add. It's more of a small question."

Kinaed states, "On my desk - jail automated messages, forum updates."

Kinaed says to Dionorria, "Got you - please pre-type your topic introduction :)"

Kinaed says, "That's all for me. Azarial, you're up :)"

Azarial states, "Bugs and crashes, mostly."

Azarial claims, "And sick.  gotta love those fevers."

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed finishes her note.

Tato states, "Feel better, Az."

Azarial claims, "And the continual pointless job hunt."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Giles hugs Azarial. "Was just there."

Kinaed is having a quick look at the changes board.

Dionorria states, "Not to interrupt the forum but if I disappear, it's because my cat's trying to
eat me. I am so sorry and am still logging."

Kinaed claims, "Position on waking should be resolved, as should a weird bug in doing roll. "

Kinaed claims, "Some noble projects bugs - looks like nothing major."

Prisca handily succeeds her Man check! [Di457]

Kinaed says, "Niamh, you're up :)"

Niamh claims, "Keeping plots clear, requests handled, recommendations given out, and typos fixed. 
Also ran into a strange Wordpress-related error that's been occupying me for a couple days. Annnd... 
lets see... Carriages! Fleshed out a couple specific carriage drivers' destination options and 
filled in the missing "look outside" views from the one that was missing it. "

Evani muses, "You have a man check? Hm"

Kinaed claims, "Carriages are awesome, thanks."

Azarial says, "You'd think the codpiece would make it obvious."

Niamh states, "One more bit, bear with me:"

Evani states, "I lerve carriage"

Kinaed nods at Evani.

Giles says, "I do too."

Prisca exclaims, "I finally got to try one briefly!"

Evani queries, "Was it when you were going or coming?"

Niamh says, "I've been in the uneasy spot of rejecting a whole lot of gambit comments due to 
overwhelmingly modern sentiments that don't fit into the game world. I just want to address that, as 
it's unfun to do and probably unfun to be on the receiving end also. To address those and hopefully 
stem the tide: Torture is utterly commonplace and normal, it's not a civil rights issue. Charali 
don't matter to anyone but the Charali. While it's absolutely fine to hold unorthodox views as an 
individual, public things - those considered to be views of the general population - do need to be 
thematic and end up combed before they're approved."

Calanthe says, "I would like to add a question to the queue if there's enough time."

Niamh states, "It's not personal, though - just trying to keep things from getting weird."

Niamh exclaims, "And that's it for me!"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed says, "Calan okay, adding you into the queue."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's everything for staff updates :)"

Empena queries, "Will carriages eventually be two way trips?"

Kirill muses to Niamh, "I did notice that there aren't drivers at some of the drop-off locations, 
which makes it difficult to take carriages both ways. Is that intentional?"

Kinaed exclaims, "Time to move on to Player Heartbeat! :)"

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "Please typo those locations, and I'll ask Niamh to review."

Evani says OOCly, "Roleplay has been emotional. I swear my character has been lip quivery half the

time and nearly on tears the rest, fun rp."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Evani.

Evani states, "She's still holding it together man"

Kinaed queries, "How about everyone else? How has RP been in the last week?"

Kirill nods.

Evani claims, "Somehow"

Dvi claims, "I keep logging in at bad times, so apologies if I've had to run from any of you"

Norrig bows.

Kinaed questions, "That's awesome to hear. Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know 
about? (That isn't their topic for today? :))"

Maura "Rp... While I had high hopes for it, and the risks that were taken, proved incredibly, and I
mean INCREDIBLY, dissapointing."

Kian exclaims, "Rp has been good for me, been offered quite a few plot hooks. You lot are great!"

Perelle says, "I've been okay. It's been a busy week so I'm getting less done IC than I wanted to or
probably "should". "

Dvi states, "First week of classes is keeping me on my toes, with a friend in the hospital anyway"

Kinaed comforts Maura.

Kinaed comforts Perelle.

Norrig claims, "Rp has been great for me as well."

Evani says, "No shit from me."

Norrig claims, "The bards are great."

Evani says, "Stop speaking vavardi for God's sake. :P"

Evani grins.

Kinaed states to Perelle, "It's a game, please don't pressure yourself. People often do according to 
what their OOC life allows, and that's fully okay."

Giles states, "I'm just an idiot, but I can't really complain."

Niamh nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Giles, "You're fine. :)"

Kirill claims, "Nothing to complain about here."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's pretty encouraging - I take it that most players are having fun at the 
moment."

Dionorria claims, "Sometimes, it's hard to find people. On the first character I made, I went four 
days without finding... anyone."

Prisca states, "Things have been fun, except the time sitting around in an empty room which is most
of it."

Dionorria claims, "And I mean IRL days"

Norrig says, "No complaints."

Evani states, "Poor prisca."

Tato says, "Rp has been pretty good. "

Kinaed says, "So let's move on to Player Topics. Kicking that off for us today is Prisca. Please
 introduce your first topic? I'll call on you again for Zolin's if we have time at the end."

Prisca muses, "So I brought this up on the ideas board already, but I think it'd be a great addition 
if when you edit a note on an OOC board, that it'll automatically preface it with a timestamp and 
name. Sometimes, especially for newer players, people forget to write their name into their edit, so 
you can't tell who had said what. @f can also merge things together if someone forgets to leave a 
blank before their note on the topic, making it hard to follow.  The auto-generated lines could be 
deleted normally with @ld (linenumber) if you're editing your own note or otherwise don't want it.  
https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1833

It would look something like:
(empty line)
UPDATE on Sun Aug 26 2018 01:18, by (player):
(empty line)"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Niamh says, "OoOoOOoo"

Kinaed claims, "Az and I were discussing this earlier, and we like the idea."

Kinaed says, "It's already docketed."

Norrig says, "Missa likes"

Empena states, "You'll have to make sure that it doesn't do that for the anonymous board"

Prisca declares, "Woo!"

Prisca nods in agreement with Empena.

Empena says, "Also what happens if you use a name and RP that isn't your coded name"

Prisca claims, "Or do it without the name included, but timestamp there"

Kinaed states, "Thanks, Prisca. Always nice when we can answer one quickly. And, that's a good 
point/reminder Empena."

Prisca says, "Err excluded"

Kinaed claims, "We can include the name and just make it read "Anon" to players - it cannot be anon 
to staff, alas."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Empena - you're up next. Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Empena claims, "Oh, hmm, I ... wasn't planning on one, well not out loud but I might have
 misconstrued myself. It would be about a concern at times about the handling of NPCs in RP."

Kinaed declaims, "Oh, sorry. It could be that I wrote down the wrong name too - so if some one
registered a topic with me and I don't call on you ... let me know. Sorry!"

Niamh questions, "I wouldn't mind hearing it, if you're happy to share?"

Giles claims, "Oh no, is this about Emily? Fortunately, she's gone."

Prisca says, "NPCs can be tough in general"

Evani questions, "Emily? I liked her"

Kinaed states, "I think it may actually be a situation that happened with a Reeve NPC. I don't think 
anyone had an issue with Emily, she was a standard retainer used as such."

Maura asks, "Can we wait to hear what empena has to say before we jump to conclusions?"

Evani has an npc sister she plays and has a woman npc to play her with. I generally add her into my 
emotes

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Niamh nods at Maura.

Giles declares, "Sorry!"

Niamh claims to Empena, "No pressure if you'd rather not, of course."

Empena says, "No, it isn't. There's a few things, one thing that came up recently was a question on 
loyalty, and the presumptions about the nature of our our PA system which is that NPCs don't 
necessarily react at the time something happens. And how at times that seems to be utilized as an 
excuse or explanation that they somehow were in cahoots or failed some way to do something."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Norrig nods.

Niamh states, "Eesh."

Norrig claims, "It's a bit finickity"

Kinaed claims, "Staff believe if an NPC would have a loyalty to someone else, for example a guild,
then a person should get staff to puppet them."

Norrig declares, "I remember a murder at a noble estate and the RPA said "all reeves and chevaliers 
were shocked in horror!""

Dvi laughs with Norrig. 

Dionorria questions, "Wouldn't... they have done something?"

Prisca queries, "RPA said, or mood said?"

Norrig states, "RPA."

Dionorria muses, "Instead of being shocked in horror?"

Maura notes npcs are human and people can be shocked into inaction

Norrig states, "They screamed really loud I imagine."

Kinaed states, "May have been a poor roll."

Norrig says, "Yeah that too."

Niamh claims, "Preferably, yes. Though because NPCs aren't sentient without Staff being alerted,
it's well after the fact ."

Norrig says, "I imagined they went Ned Flanders-scream"

Evani trails off, "Well..."

Empena claims, "My only other suggestion is a POLCA about retainers and such where you submit a 
cnote about their personality and stuff if they have to be puppeted."

Prisca says, "Sounds like a pretty horrible roll haha."

Norrig nods at Niamh.

Prisca nods in agreement with Empena.

Kinaed says, "Remember, we actually do DM-style rolling as opposed to direct narrative assumptive 
play when staff run RPA, so sometimes we do get variations on an idealized path."

Dionorria states, "I can just see a reeve screaming like flanders. Ahaha"

Maura states, "Aren't npcs in a separate category from retainers"

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Niamh asks, "Just by necessity, any NPC that's not player-puppeted who witnesses a crime won't be 
animated until a player contacts Staff to say "Hey, I think this guy was there, what happened?""

Kinaed claims to Empena, "Staff can chew on that."

Niamh claims, "So it's probably good to hand-wave the timing"

Kinaed asks of Niamh, "Please add retainer Cnotes to the Staff Talking Points?"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Norrig says to Niamh, "Oh no I totally get the necessary logic and this isn't a complaint"

Niamh says, "Sure thing."

Norrig claims to Niamh, "Just found a funny consequence of the system, is all"

Niamh claims to Norrig, "No complaint detected! All good. Thinking aloud for the most part."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, guys - in the interests of time, I'd like to move on to Giles. :) Please
introduce us to your topic?"

Kinaed asks, "Giles, are you writing? :)"

Giles says OOCly, "Yup."

Giles says, "It is the topic of a soft exile, which is one that I discussed with Kinaed at length. 
As far as I'm concerned, playing the kind of character I (specfically Giles) play, he literally 
can't come back to the city. He wouldn't, period. That's essentially a PK, and that's fine enough 
with me (better than burning), but it might be better if LE officials force them to stay and serve 
their penance than get out of town if the players and character both are still welcome. I admit that, 
because GLs were involved and I'm a bit paranoid as a person, I took the whole thing as staff asking 
me as a player (and in particular, as a character) to leave. I was probably wrong."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, that's a tough one. I sort of think that we should have a policy that exiling 
a character requires staff approval since it is a 'soft PK'."

Norrig doesn't get what Giles means.

Dvi states, "Generally exile is the PKill for nobles, but I'm not sure what you mean by a 'soft
exile'"

Calanthe states, "Oh, law enforcement."

Calanthe claims, "Not lawful evil."

Empena claims, "I'm honestly not sure how to answer or discuss this without discussing clearly in 
character stuff."

Norrig laughs.

Niamh nods at Empena.

Prisca nods at Empena.

Marossa says, "I'm not really aware of the events that lead up to this so it's hard to comment."

Kinaed says to Norrig, "When a player with sufficient power says 'get out of the city and don't come 
back or else'"

Prisca says, "I think it should follow pkill policy"

Calanthe claims, "I'm in the same boat, I'm not in the know enough to comment helpfully."

Norrig states to Kinaed, "I kill them."

Giles claims, "I don't want to get into IC stuff, but I'll put it this way: he was basically told to
get the hell out of dodge."

Norrig nods.

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Dvi says to Kinaed, "That's an IC thing tho"

Perelle has no idea what happened but has never had a beef with giles OOC?

Kinaed states to Dvi, "It is, but it does prevent playing a character, so it's a hard stop to
someone RPing."

Evani trails off, "I don't know exactly waht happened either, so um... yeah"

Giles says, "It's just a thing. Forget Giles. I'm not mad at anyone."

Empena says, "I think that if you don't want someone to potentially tell you you should leave town 
you probably shouldn't bring it up repeatedly as an option."

Kinaed states, "I don't think we should discuss specific instances that have happened."

Kinaed claims, "I do think we should discuss the idea in general."

Evani says she's been really really like... not aware of outside of her little bubble of self.

Dvi says to Kinaed, "I mean, there are lots of ways around that. It's essentially a warrant or being 
a known mage -- and I've certainly had plenty of RP with both."

Safir states, "One wonders if taking up residence in, say, Wilhelm would be staying out of Lithmore."

Niamh grins at Safir.

Niamh states to Safir, "I like your brain."

Safir says, "There are businesses there, houses."

Niamh nods.

Safir shrugs.

Kinaed says, "I don't agree with that, I've had a known mage and been under warrant, and yes it's 
HARDER to RP, but it's not remotely impossible."

Evani lives in wilholme forever

Dvi queries to Kinaed, "But isn't that what this is?"

Kinaed states, "'I'm forceably out of town forever' is a different story."

Safir says, "There's the lake house in the woods, swamp.. "

Empena says, "In general if somebody has a character that would do a certain thing and that's how 
they interpret things I don't know that you can make a policy against the way people choose to play 
their own characters."

Kinaed states, "No, because being wanted doesn't force a player to actually be absent."

Evani claims, "Safir"

Marossa says, "I'd be tempted to say that there are several ways forward. One of them is to leave, 
but you could always defy them and see who comes out on top. There are countless characters who have 
been wanted for heinous crimes and would certainly be executed if caught - that doesn't mean they 
can't RP in hiding, or plot."

Dvi states to Kinaed, "But neither does this, if it was an IC character saying it. "

Kinaed claims to Empena, "I don't know what happened, but I think you're looking at it from a 'what 
happened' perspective. We're all looking at it from a high concept perspective."

Dvi says, "Just avoid them. Join the Brotherhood"

Maura finds it's foolish that exile is even a thing..

Kinaed states, "The concept of exile = PK, and should that be allowed."

Calanthe says, "If I'm recalling correctly, pertinent IC lore and helpfiles were adjusted to 
encourage RP with excommunicates as a sort of 'bring them back into the fold' approach versus 'shun 
them and/or beat them up for fun if you run into them.'"

Kinaed questions, "And if so, under what circumstances?"

Kirill states, "I think the tricky part is that an order of exile only prevents playing if the character decides to accept the exile order, but I guess since the intention on the part of the 
exiler is to, presumably, exile... it should follow standard policy that anyone would abide by when 
submitting a warrant. Since disobeying also comes with potentially fatal consequences."

Niamh says, "Depending on the situation, I suspect it's mostly player choice. If you're told to
leave town by someone with influence, it's not a transfer to the death room where you're codedly cut 
off from play. You can choose to embrace the conflict and find ways around it, or not."

Dvi agrees with Niamh. 

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Dionorria asks, "Shouldn't only the King be allowed to Exile?"

Dvi says, "I don't think it is necessarily the end of RP"

Calanthe states, "I like keeping exile as a last resort option in RP and a soft alternative to 
outright character death."

Giles states, "Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up."

Kirill claims, "I've never heard of a lawfully executed order of exile, so I'm not really sure about 
precedence here."

Prisca claims to Giles, "It's a hot topic, but worth discussing."

Kinaed says, "That's a good question, Dionorra. I'd say the King or potentially the Reeves/Justiciar
are the only ones that can officially exile."

Kirill says, "Just running someone or intimidating them out of town is different."

Kinaed states, "Thematically speaking. And the King = Seneschal for reference."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Calanthe asks, "And the GI for religious exile?"

Dvi says, "There's no such thing as religious ecile"

Kirill claims, "If there's a signed order, like signed by someone with authority, should be like a 
warrant in seriousness."

Evani claims, "For some reason I thought she said sexual preference. @speechfail"

Kinaed states, "I agree, I think threatening and intimidating someone is a different story."

Calanthe says, "Excommunication."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Dvi claims, "It's a purely secular construct"

Kinaed nods at Calanthe.

Dvi says, "Well that wholly different"

Tato says, "I'm off. Friends hankering for a game."

Dvi says, "Eh can't type on phone"

Calanthe claims, "For the purposes of this conversation, I am attempting to simplify the idea that 
there are times when the church might want to shoo someone off without killing them."

Safir stands up.

Norrig says, "Excommunication is a very catholic thing."

Dvi claims to Calanthe, "That's not a geographic exile in this way, people can and have played as 
public heretics."

Norrig says, "Likely not appliable to davism."

Calanthe says to Norrig, "Help excommunication"

Norrig orly

Kinaed claims, "Excommunication exits on TI, by the way, but it's a specific thing and it does 
require the Synod to invoke, iirc."

Norrig states, "Lol that's funny, since there is no communion to take place to ex it"

Niamh questions, "Are we talking actual exile, or someone just saying "leave or else" IC?"

Dionorria claims, "This is going to be fun to clean up."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think this topic is another one that we won't get through in the OOC Chat, 
so I'd like to as people raise a forum post. Otherwise, staff will discuss this topic in our Talking 
Points."

Prisca winks at Norrig. 

Azarial claims to Dionorria, "You cna turn off the prompt and guild channels"

Kinaed queries to Niamh, "Please add 'exile' to our talking points?"

Calanthe states, "It's just language."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Giles claims, "And it wasn't Empena who did it, to be clear. And nothing bad happened. I'm not mad 
at any player. I just want to prevent "just go home" suggestions in the future, even if the 
character ICly wants to go home. IC desire and OOC desire are two different things."

Niamh claims, "Sounds good."

Dionorria queries, "Oh there aren't any guild channels... how do I turn off prompts?"

Maura prompt

Calanthe claims, "Type prompt by itself."

Evani turns off prompts, enjoys the silence.

Dionorria states, "I love you guys... so so much. I just wish I knew this so long ago."

Dionorria sniffles.

Norrig wonders to Dionorria, "Right?"

Maura has always debated on making a guide for logging chats...

Niamh states, "I don't think it's likely to become policy that no one can tell someone else to go 
home IC, tbh, if that's the suggestion. I might have misread."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Evani claims, "I will only turn them off if I'm not doing something crafty related"

Kinaed claims, "I think more likely we'll define what exile is, and who can actually do it, etc."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "And any PK related requirements to do so."

Kinaed states, "Okay, next topic - Dionorria! You're up. Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Dionorria claims, "As I said, mine's just a question or two. Are there any ideas on when Noble 
Applications are opening again, why aren't there more nobles in the game, how do you decide when to 
get more nobles and how does the application process work? The concept of having fewer in that 
position isn't lost on me but I'm simply curious."

Kinaed nods at Dionorria.

Dionorria says, "And please don't flay me, I'm a newb."

Kinaed states, "I think noble applications were closed because we hit our thresholds. We have
 thresholds in game based on how big our pbase is, and we try to maintain about 15% of the pbase as 
nobility."

Maura preps the dirtiest whip they can find for the flaying

Evani claims, "Ewww."

Norrig nods at Maura.

Niamh states, "Flayings are reserved for heretics and sometimes Norrig."

Niamh eyes Norrig. 

Evani grins

Kinaed says, "We open nobles when it gets too low, and close them usually after an initial intake 
gets too high."

Norrig claims, "It's not flaying if I like it." 

Niamh sputters.

Kirill claims to Dionorria, "As for the process, see HELP APPLICATION."

Evani claims, "Niamh, flay."

Azarial says, "That's when it becomes filet"

Marossa pontificates, "Time to hit the road, thanks for bringing me into the meeting!"

Maura also preps a mask in norrig's likeness

Evani snickers

Marossa has left the game.

Perelle claims, "Well, I learned something today."

Kinaed states, "According to my stats under the hood, 8% is titled, so we probably should be opening 
nobles soon."

Evani states, "Soooo."

Dionorria says, "Thing is, HELP APPLICATION is really convoluted"

Evani questions, "I could in essence bring my noble back if applications open again? To ask that 
question?"

Prisca states, "You can always cull a few if you want to try playing a noble and Apps aren't open."

Kinaed says, "You'll know Nobles are open because we'll announce it on the Announce Board. And if
you want to apply and need help, you can ask a staff member for assistance."

Norrig claims, "Yeah, denounce a noble as a mage."

Norrig eyes Kirill.

Dvi states, "While we're on the subject: I really think that there need to be more mechanisms for 
noble RP. "

Azarial claims, "...ask niamh or temi."

Evani doesn't want to do that application again, it was ... difficult 

Kirill sputters.

Kinaed questions, "Did I manage to answer all of your queries there, or are there more?"

Empena muses, "Before we reopen apps could we potentially discuss expectations for Nobles given the 
new things like noble projects?" 

Kinaed nods at Dvi. 

Norrig says to Dvi, "Agreed."

Dvi says, "It's hard to even get in fights with people :("

Calanthe starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Niamh comforts Dvi.

Empena asks, "Mechanisms in what fashion?"

Kinaed states to Dvi, "Empena and I discussed that recently - now that the Seneschal is in play, 
she'll be working to build something for Court/etc and stimulate noble play. (Sorry if I just put 
you on the spot, Empena)"

Kinaed says, "Staff will be working with her to facilitate."

Empena waves.

Dvi claims, "A guild, or a responsibility, or a group, or an anything"

Dvi says, "There's a reason why noble apps open every couple months or so and so many die as cyans."

Calanthe finishes her note.

Kirill states, "I think there's plenty of mechanisms. Just not enough active nobles out and about,
 most of the time. Schedules don't line up, low activity, etc."

Calanthe begins to count their money.

Norrig nods at Dvi.

Empena trails off, "I'd argue part of that is that people write a concept of noble first and 
character second but ... "  

Norrig states, "I have been wanting to do noble only events with the bards but there's so few of you guys."

Kinaed says, "But we're just in a new 'era' so to speak where we literally JUST rolled the Keeper of 
the Seal role into the Seneschal role, so we need to work out what that looks like. I'd encourage 
interested parties to contact Empena both ICly (if you are a Council member/noble) or OOCly if you 
just have ideas."

Kinaed nods at Norrig.

Kinaed states to Norrig, "Please do talk to Empena ICly. "

Evani states, "When I was a noble, god... I found that I was rather limited in what I could do."

Norrig claims to Kinaed, "She bullies me"

Kirill claims, "It's a tough concept to play. Harder than you'd think, given the benefits."

Dvi claims, "There's really no mission for nobles."

Giles nods at Dvi.

Kinaed says, "Also note that the Chancellor of the Exchequer and other roles have recently become 
available. Those serve under the discretion of the Seneschal, so there are some roles that may soon 
become available."

Evani trails off, "Although... although, I'm not a person of... well... what is that word I hate...
o conflict by nature"

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Dvi claims, "We're not trying to burn mages or enforce the law or write songs or sell things." 

Empena states, "Tis true, I'm in my office a lot and I feel like there has been a good amount of 
noble RP already, but ... perhaps I have different standards than other people. " 

Dionorria trails off, "Like I said. Several things I've read are either difficult to understand,
over written or convoluted, no offense to the writers. I have a really simple mind..."

Kinaed states to Kirill, "We're all ears if you have suggestions and ideas that you think are better
served at staff level than player level also."

Niamh claims, "Or steal things. Don't be classist, Dvi."

Kirill states, "So you get creative where you can, and make sure to toss out hooks for cross-class 
RP."

Giles claims, "I'll apply for Chancellor, but I don't think anyone wants that."

Dvi claims to Niamh, "Speak for yourself there."

Niamh grins at Dvi.

Evani states, "And omg, I did love her. She was so sweet, and I still have her locked in a box
 somewhere"

Kinaed says to Giles, "I'd recommend seeking that ICly."

Giles states, "Well, I don't know if legally I can."

Azarial claims, "It'd still be rp"

Safir claims to Evani, "Lake house parties."

Kinaed says to Dionorria, "Sorry, have your questions been answered? I get a bit spammed in these 
meetings and can miss says."

Evani giggles at Safir

Niamh continues sending Kinaed tells containing only ascii art.

Dionorria says, "Pretty much yes, thank you Kinaed."

Kinaed states to Giles, "Again, I'd check ICly. I can't say since it's not a staff thing, it's up to
the Seneschal."

Kinaed smiles.

Dionorria exclaims, "Niamh, stahp that. We need her to have a brain!"

Kinaed declares, "Okay... next up - Calanthe! Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Niamh flails at Dionorria. 

Calanthe claims, "I'm curious about 'pool state.' What is it for? What affects it and is it 
something that I should be trying to 'improve'? The list in help scales is Idle, Bored, 
Contemplating, Processing, Engrossed, Overwhelmed, Bewildered. 

What does that mean to me, the player? Because I feel like I want to be at Processing or Engrossed
but I think I have only ever seen it go as high as Contemplating when I had multiple skills pooling."

Norrig states, "I have never gone beyond Bored."

Evani claims, "I went from idle to bored."

Norrig states, "You'd need to take like 5 MTCBG lessons in one go."

Safir says, "I've been contemplating."

Niamh questions, "I think the lower it is the easier it is for you to comprehend what you're pooling, 
and the higher it is the more difficult it is?"

Evani claims, "Lake parties"

Prisca says, "It's mostly when you're learning a bunch at once. I've gotten up to contemplating 
before"

Kinaed states, "That means that your overall abilities are not being challenged, and that's fine."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed states, "You don't want to get too high up because you can become overwhelmed, then learning 
slows."

Kirill states, "If you have reasonably high int/wis, you may never see higher than bored, because 
you can process a lot more at once."

Niamh claims, "It's a bit like "More than Can be Grasped" - you don't ever want to get there, 
because it ruins the whole pool."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Calanthe states, "Hm, alright! I suppose I just find the terms misleading. Like I'm missing out."

Safir says, "If you would like to test out the bounds of it, bring lots of money to Savage Training."

Dvi begins to count their money.

Calanthe doesn't want to be bored.

Evani says, "Oh oops, I've gone for more than can be grasped a lot"

Safir says, "I'm happy to teach you to bewildered."

Prisca grins at Safir.

Kinaed chuckles.

Calanthe says to Safir, "I'm fairly certain I'd reach Weeping and Contused before Bewildered."

Calanthe declaims, "Thank you for the answer(s)!"

Kirill states to Safir, "I don't think you have what it takes. ;)"

Niamh claims, "I want to believe that was "concussed.""

Safir states, "I mean, I don't charge extra for weeping and confused."

Kinaed claims, "It may be something staff have to look at elsewhere, but the scales are available in
 HELP SCALES to tell you which is what." 

Kinaed claims, "Or at least where they sit."

Evani states, "I know I don't have what it takes, please, drag me out by my long long hair."

Calanthe claims, "Contused! Bruised."

Niamh grins at Calanthe.

Kirill chuckles.

Safir states, "Weeping, confused, bruised, flayed."

Perelle declares, "Oh, it's like college! You take too many credit hours and then start crying!"

Kinaed claims, "Honestly, this is probably not something we'll look at in the immediate."

Evani states, "There is a theme here."

Calanthe claims, "That's entirely fine, I am satisfied with my increased understanding."

Prisca asks, "Almost to the end of the hour, are we out of topics?"

Kinaed states, "We have two minutes left, and I'd like to give 'Zolin's' topic a quick stab. Prisca,
 can you raise that quickly/"

Prisca questions, "From Zolin: My idea is to make an item coded like a tattoo that can be put on in 
mainhand/offhand slot to show removal of a hand and a hook replacement or something. Tattoos can't 
be removed easily. So it couldn't just be removed either?"

Kinaed wonders to Niamh, "Put that one on staff talking points?"

Niamh states, "Huh, that wouldn't be too hard."

Prisca says, "My thought on it- just use a large tattoo on the hands."

Calanthe muses, "I think it's acceptable to wear a tattoo described as a scar already?"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says to Calanthe, "It is."

Niamh wonders, "If peg legs and the like weren't removeable, maybe?"

Calanthe states, "Realizing a missing hand is more than a scar."

Kinaed nods at Calanthe.

Kirill claims, "Wouldn't codedly keep you from holding something in that hand, but hey -- it'd be 
something."

Calanthe says to Niamh, "Perhaps just the option to set one no remove if the character wants."

Prisca claims, "The problem with putting an unremovable object on the off-hand position, is items 
can't stack there"

Calanthe trails off, "I know I'd have fits trying to layer my clothing correctly..."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we probably cannot answer that immediately, it'd take thought - but please thank 
Zolin for the idea and let him know it's on the staff list."

Maura trails off, ""Not really, the removal of a hand will likely leave a scar...""

Calanthe grins at Maura.

Azarial claims, "If it des't scar, that does tend to take care of itself"

Prisca nods.

Kinaed declares, "And we're at the top of the hour! Thank for for attending this week's OOC Chat,
folks :)"

Prisca waves.

Giles waves.

Kinaed claims, "Deep appreciation to our scribe for posting on the forums. :)"

Kirill waves.

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Norrig claims, "One more thing"

Norrig claims, "VOTE THE LINK VOTES"

Maura needs to note down a topic they thought of for next week

Norrig states, "Or I will kill a bard as sacrifice"

Dionorria waves.

Dionorria exclaims, "BARD BLOOD!"

Kinaed says, "If you can help us bring in more players by talking to your friends or posting a 
review on Reddit/TMC (our two main leads), we'd really appreciate the help filling our who list and 
giving you more people to play with."

Perelle wonders, "I volunteer! Wait, that was a joke! Where are you taking me?"

Evani says, "Please don't kill a bard"

Dionorria claims, "This will be posted within the hour."

Safir says, "Kill all the bards."

Norrig states, "Who the hell sent me this helpfile"

Evani says, "They sing for you. uh oh"

Evani grins.

Kinaed states, "In the meantime - ... please, don't kill a bard. Unless you need a good luck charm."

Calanthe states to Norrig, "Somebody who cares."

Evani grins.

Kinaed pontificates, "We'll see you next week. :) Enjoy the game!"

Evani says, "Byeee"

Giles waves.

Prisca waves.

Kinaed retranses all in 3...

Evani waves.

Norrig declares, "Enjoy!"

Dionorria waves.

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Dvi muses, "Is there any event going on after this?"

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

Log session ending at 19:02:08 on Saturday, 1 September 2018.

Dionorria
Discord Handle: Shuka

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 pm

If you find an error anywhere in the logs... sorry. First log I've ever done and it's been a bit of a struggle. Enjoy!

• Information