trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
Azarial is here.[P]
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

Kinaed has transferred Prisca. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Vlora. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Giles. [OOC]

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Edony.

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Prisca.

Kinaed questions, "Hi everyone. :) How are you guys doing?"

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Vlora.

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Giles.

Edony wonders, "Oh gosh, what's this?"

Prisca pontificates, "I wonder!"

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Riette.

Temi claims, "It's a toy, clearly."

Temi grins.

Kinaed muses, "How is everyone today?"

Edony claims, "Wheel of headstones! But if you bankrupt, you get killed."

Riette pauses with it midway to her mouth. "Oh."

Azarial muses, "Augh, damn it pandora! why do ou keep reminding me of gene simmons twerking to the oldies whenever I manage to scrube that image out of my imagination?"

Prisca holds a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones in her hand.

Prisca gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest between gravestones, leaving the little grave unmarked.

Riette starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Unrecognized command.

Edony does not see any 'mound' to install.

Prisca gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest between gravestones, leaving the little grave unmarked.

Prisca gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest with the gravestone sitting at the head of the mound proclaiming, "CRIMINAL".

Prisca gasps.

Kinaed has transferred Asvaldr. [OOC]

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Riette.

Riette finishes her note.

Giles holds a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones in his hand.

Giles gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to his toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest with the gravestone sitting at the head of the mound proclaiming, "RIP".

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Asvaldr.

Kinaed has transferred Theia. [OOC]

Theia claims, "Rawr"

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Theia.

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Getting a bit spammed, so if I missed you, please let me know via a tell. Thanks!

Giles declares, "Hi everyone!"

Temi pontificates, "Hi!"

Prisca waves to Giles.

[OOC] Jiraiya: "Maple beans are so good"

Riette stops using a large, rectangular cardstock box from The Damascus Damsel.
Riette holds a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones in her hand.

Riette gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest with the gravestone sitting at the head of the mound proclaiming, "RIP".

Kinaed claims, "I may need to shut down my OOC and stuff."

Asvaldr looks at all the prestigous folks, and has the urge to touch them with his savage hands

Riette stops using a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones.
Riette holds a large, rectangular cardstock box from The Damascus Damsel in her hand.

Prisca gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest with the gravestone sitting at the head of the mound proclaiming, "HERO".

Riette claims, "Cute toy."

Giles hugs Asvaldr.

Edony says, "NO WAIT"

Prisca states to Edony, "'use'"

Edony holds a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones in her hand.

Edony gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, the internal cording grows taut and the grave opens up, little doors freeing a tiny wooden justiciar who bounces around menacingly atop a spring.

Prisca giggles.

Asvaldr cackles evilly while bearhugging Giles "Yes, now Giles can infect the rest of the nobility with my savage cooties."

Edony muses, "So do we get to like...keep these after this, and then have to think of an IC reason why we have it?"

Edony gives a spin of the wheel of headstones attached to her toy grave. It spins around and around, clickety-clacking as it goes. Gradually slowing down, click - click - click, it finally comes to a rest with the gravestone sitting at the head of the mound proclaiming, "RIP".

Temi nods at Edony.

Temi claims, "If you want to."

Giles muses to Edony, "I did that with the owl, remember?"

Theia holds a plump little stuffed owl toy with feather-tufted eyebrows in her hand.

Edony says, "Oh. I didn't realize that's where the owl had come from."

Theia questions, "Which owl is that?"

Riette states, "It's generally agreed not to make an IC fuss about OOC gifts."

Theia squeezes her owl toy, causing it to make a low, "Hooo."

Theia gives her owl a hard squeeze, eliciting a long, ominous, "Doooom."

Kinaed says to Edony, "Shouldn't need an IC reason. They're generally considered 'all the rage' in terms of items, like a fidget spinner."

Prisca says to Theia, "DOOOOOM."

Giles claims to Edony, "I just claimed some kid was selling it."

Theia stops using a plump little stuffed owl toy with feather-tufted eyebrows.

Kinaed nods at Giles.

Theia hugs a plump little stuffed owl toy with feather-tufted eyebrows, "You will be missed, you beautiful majestic bastard..."

Asvaldr will never forget the time they were an inquisitor, peeked at somebodies inventory and saw a dismembered head. Thankfully I soon learned it was an ooc chat item.

Kinaed has transferred Tato. [OOC]

Azarial snickers.

Theia declaims, "OH!"

Prisca grins.

Giles grins at Asvaldr.

Theia trails off, "Wait..."

Theia says, "Prisca. Was that from the time."

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Tato.

Theia states, "I missed the OOC chat after it happened"

Theia says, "So I'm not quite sure"

Kinaed has transferred Dvi. [OOC]

Temi says, "I try to make them more clearly toys or food to avoid trouble."

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Dvi.

Asvaldr wonders, "Shit was about to go down icly, but I'm glad I sent them a tell first going "Hey, you know you have a head in your inventory right?""

Tato asks, "Huh?"

Prisca says, "Yeah, they haven't given any really dangerous gifts like that in a long time"

Giles laughs.

Theia trails off, "Ah..."

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Anyone else for OOC Chat?

Azarial states, "No more severed void tentacles."

Azarial heaves a sigh, her ears and tails drooping with her expression.

Theia trails off, "The good old nailing a head to a pyre... good times... good times..."

Kinaed has transferred Iorel. [OOC]

Asvaldr trails off, "Been at least... 3 maybe 4 years now"

Azarial gets a dufflebag of ooc meeting items from pico, a text editor.

Prisca pouts at Azarial.
Azarial gets a severed length of void tentacle from a dufflebag of ooc meeting items.

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Iorel.

Azarial stops using a long handled broom.

Azarial holds a severed length of void tentacle in her hand.

Azarial gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

Azarial stops using a severed length of void tentacle.

Azarial puts a severed length of void tentacle in a dufflebag of ooc meeting items.

Azarial puts a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones in a dufflebag of ooc meeting items.

Azarial puts a dufflebag of ooc meeting items in pico, a text editor.

Riette asks of Azarial, "It could be a black licorice tentacle?"

Giles claims to Azarial, "That one might be a bit hard to explain to an Inquisitor."

Riette claims, "Appropriately gross."

Azarial grins.

Kinaed says, "Now I'm hungry."

Azarial says to Riette, "There is that, yeah"

Azarial wields a long handled broom.

Azarial shoulders her polearm.

Asvaldr states, "Nah, say it was a trophy, as there was a time tentacles attacked the city"

Kinaed says, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Azarial claims, "They ate the farin quarter, actually."

Edony says, "I could do."

Edony exclaims, "I log everything anyway!"

Kinaed pontificates to Edony, "Thank you!"

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Giles hugs Edony.

Edony declaims, "Fool! Now to take the QP and post NOTHING! "

Prisca claims, "I've got a small code suggestion"

Iorel states, "I've got a thing to discuss."

Asvaldr rubs their hands together as they watch giles spread the savageness

Kinaed claims, "I've got Prisca and Iorel. If you have a topic registered, please pre-type it so it's ready to go when called upon."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

Giles says, "Well, sort of, related to the topics on the forums."

Kinaed claims, "Added Giles to the list. :) I'll kick off Staff Updates - if anyone comes up with another topic, let me know."

Tato claims, "I'm just spectating."

Kinaed states, "This week, I did a bit of Request Board processing and Request Queue processing, but that was about it. I've got a heap of topics and things to look over, so if you've contacted staff and no one's gotten back to you, or your post disappeared, it may have been forwarded to my board for a decision I haven't made yet."

Kinaed states, "Next week - I really need to meet with staff, we've gone several weeks without putting our heads together, and our Staff Talking points list is about 100 lines long now."

Asvaldr whistles

Kinaed claims, "So I'll probably aim to squeak out an hour with them today if I physically can. That's me."

Kinaed states, "Az, you're up. :)"

Azarial claims, "I hvae been chewing on the bug list a bit; I'm still trying to get RL ordered again, but that should be making progress again. sme note stuff, some off by one checks snubbing the BCG."

Kinaed says, "I saw a few 'worth telling people' items on the Changes Board that haven't made it through testing, so a sec there."

Theia asks, "Anything magically new that needs to be thrown into a pyre to be cleansed of it's taint?"

Kinaed says, "All minor stuff, but wedging messaging should be fixed, as is that bug where removing an anonymous post revealed the poster'sname, and hey, you finally cannot peek at people in OOC rooms anymore."

Azarial states, "Its, no '"

Azarial says, "Anonymous notes should be a lot more anonymous."

Kinaed claims, "The rest of it is all bug fix as well, and Az - thanks for resolving a couple of crashes this week, much appreciated."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Theia says, "Oh. I thought you meant item items."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Azarial says, "I might mention the fun stuff on the mage channel. sometimes I let you guys find them."

Tato has lost link.
Tato has reconnected.

Temi says, "Not too much progress on my part. I've been working on the event for Celeste's celebration next weekend - players are also encouraged to run some events pre-Sunday if they want. I know I've heard from one doing so. And improvised is still on my plate to make sure that gets fixed up."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I think that's everything for Staff Updates. :)"

Temi says, "After next weekend I'll be gone for a couple weeks starting that Wednesday-ish, so will more be making sure all is in hand rather than taking over new things."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "Or I'm too quick, sorry Temi :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "That's okay."

Temi grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed wonders, "Player Heartbeat! How was the game in the last week, folks? RP fun?"

Azarial says, "Niamh has been checking ntoes, but RL is kicking her butt, btw"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Iorel declares, "RP was satisfying for me. Always fun to get in trouble!"

Theia claims, "RP wasn't terrible. Occasionally awkward."

Asvaldr claims, "Rp was actually rather fun. Finally got around to rping with this character again and the change in pace was refreshing."

Kinaed claims to Theia, "That doesn't sound optimal. I hope you had a good week regardless."

Kinaed smiles at Asvaldr.

Edony says, "I had some good roleplay too. Of course, present company included."

Kinaed nods.

Theia claims, "Though we still have a marauding boar on the loose."

Tato says, "I've enjoyed starting in. It's very different than anything else I've found, but in ways I appreciate."

Temi claims, "I know I've seen lots of good recommends going past."

Theia trails off, "So... that's a lot of fun"

Kinaed says to Tato, "Oh, welcome to TI! It's always lovely to see a new face."

Edony states, "Good to hear you're liking it Tato! I'm only about a month in myself."

Kinaed smiles at Edony.

Kinaed muses to Edony, "Gee, I hope we welcomed you appropriately too. If not... belated welcome? :)"

Prisca pontificates, "Things are going well! should have a lot of RP this coming week too :)"

Kinaed questions, "Anything shitting anyone about the game that we ought to know about as Staff (that isn't a Player Topic)?"

Edony states, "Hm, yes, well, I was totally ignored when I started out, but a level 3 asset worth 1000 weekly silver MIGHT soften the blow a little bit."

Kinaed says to Prisca, "Awesome."

Kinaed comforts Edony.

Edony wasn't really totally ignored and had a fine welcome and all of that. Moving on!

Kinaed says, "Oh, good, good. :)"

Azarial doesn;t catch everyone coming in the first time.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Nor I, since I've been online for about five hours of the last week, for example. If even."

Theia states, "... Did level 3 assets get a buff somewhere? o.o"

Kinaed queries, "Look, silence on the 'anything shitting you' stuff?"

Azarial claims, "I don;t script it; i type it all in each time."

Kinaed says to Theia, "I think she was joking :)"

Iorel states, "RP Muds tend to take some time to get a foot really in, too. -- That's kind of true of the genre, as characters get fleshed out, lore gets absorbed, and one kind of feels out where to be at what times."

Kinaed muses, "Looks like?"

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Tato nods.

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Player Topics :) first person to register a topic with us was Prisca. Please introduce us to your topic, Prisca?"

Prisca claims, "Some tweaks to redeeming resources would be nice-

1. Currently the order of the assets and resources on them shift around all the time, would be nice if they were static. For example- you have asset 1 with widgets and trinkets, asset 2 with doodads and thingamabobs. Next time you go to redeem one they might be in a completely different order with asset 2 now asset 1, and thingamabobs resource 1 instead of doodads.

2. Just a small convenience thing if it's not too much trouble- would be nice if you could choose which mail profile to redeem to. e.g. asset redeem 1 1 (profile)"

Kinaed says, "I think I agree with #1 and am happy to request it if Azarial won't want to kill me for it. "

Kinaed wonders, "I'm not sure I get the benefit or intent of item #2 as don't they all go to the same bank account?"

Kinaed has transferred Ardan. [OOC]

Temi says, "Might be more effort than it's worth on #1, depending on how the data structures work now"

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Ardan.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Asvaldr has yet to actually have an asset with resource attached so has no idea what this is all about.

Riette questions to Prisca, "Oh, like maybe redeeming a resource to give to someone else?"

Kinaed states to Asvaldr, "Some assets generate objects, like an orchard might generate apples."

Prisca says, "#2 could go to different courier locations. Though yes, redeeming to someone else would be neat too"

Kinaed states, "You can take the resource instead of the money."

Kinaed says, "I don't think we'd allow people to redeem directly to other people; we'd prefer the RP contact point of someone who owns the resource handing over the goods."

Iorel claims, "I think the intent of the request was that redeeming a resource always goes to a certain mail profile, which might be registered across town."

Kinaed questions, "I'm not sure I get what asset redemption has to do with couriers - do we send redeemed assets through the mail then?"

Prisca nods at Kinaed.

Riette nods at Kinaed.

Azarial claims, "If it is an object"

Kinaed claims, "Oh, well, that makes sense. Okay, I get it. Yep, happy to see about both of those requests."

Azarial states, "Redeeming a resource on an asset"

Riette states, "Can I toss a thought onto Prisca's topic when she's done? Related to resources."

Temi states, "We're discussing it now, I think you can jump in"

Prisca pontificates to Riette, "Go ahead!"

Temi grins.

Riette pontificates, "Woo!"

Kinaed nods at Riette.

Kinaed says, "One of the reasons we have the OOC Chat where people raise topics is so other people can witness and jump in with their thoughts at any time. Please feel free to."

Riette says, "Well, writing it out, I just feel dumb, so nevermind."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "No worries, Riette. Let us know if you want to raise a topic."

Kinaed states to Iorel, "Okay, you're up. Please introduce us to your topic, Iorel."

Kinaed has transferred Safir. [OOC]

Iorel claims, "I just wanted to remind people that things like being cloaked, typing 'worth' (counting coins), and other such commands are IC actions -- I had a small situation where someone got a bit testy on my character observing them counting their coins at a strange time, and other times I'll see people codely cloaked but very much acting in a way that doesn't suggest that. Cloaked shows in the basic prompt, so just try to be both mindful of when your character's cloak might fall open through your RP and try to remove the affect accordingly, and also try not to get snippy with people who observe these actions in their emotes. In general -- with some exception, I'm sure -- if a command echoes something to others in the room, those people are enabled to take the action as something that actually happened ICly. If for some reason this isn't the case in an individual, the onus is on the person performing the action to appologize in an osay or tell."

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Safir.

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Kinaed says, "Iorel is correct. If you're in the middle of a romantic scene and start scarfing down a mushroom pie, you are ICly in a romantic scene scarfing down a mushroom pie."

Giles laughs so hard.

Temi states, "And probably no longer in a romantic scene, but instead in a scene with your sweetie smacking you."

Giles states, "This is why I have a a fake NPC wife. At least THAT won't happen."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial states, "I'm sure your lover would appreciate you checking your coin purse right before the FTB to make sure you ahgve enough to leave on the nightstand./"

Azarial states, "Very classy"

Iorel states, "And if you're in the crossroads counting your money, you're in the crossroads counting your money, which is a weird place for someone to be counting their money."

Prisca nods in agreement with Azarial.

Kinaed claims to Giles, "That poor NPC wife, described as 'fake' - if she harrangues you, you know you deserve it."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Iorel claims, "Though it WOULD be nice if we could have a command to see 'banked' money that didn't reflect an IC message."

Kinaed thumbs ups to Azarial.

Temi says, "I don't know that I'd say it's weird. But it is IC."

Temi says, "It's on pay list"

Prisca states to Iorel, "Pay list"
Azarial queries to Iorel, "Not really. 'hmmmm. do I have enough for a meal at the bluebird, or shall I just head home?'"

Giles declaims to Kinaed, "I'm sure I'll RP with myself about it later!"

Iorel pontificates, "Aha! Nice!"

Unrecognized command.

Iorel queries, "Could 'help pay' be added a 'see also' for 'worth', to direct people there?"

Giles declaims, "I'm not going to do that, guys. I'm not that weird!"

Kinaed wonders, "Alright, I think that covers Iorel's topic - Giles, you're next. Please introduce us to your topic?"

Iorel nods at Kinaed.

Prisca says to Iorel, "Sounds like a good idea, typoboard it for Niamh"

Giles states, "My issue is very simple. I have read every forum post about Inquisitors and Priests, and I have thought a lot about it. I don't play a priest or Inquisitor, so I can only weigh in from my perspective, but I am not as scared of The Inquisition as I would like to be. That's about it. "

Iorel states, "-- I'll typo-board that suggest-- yeah."

Kinaed states to Iorel, "Go ahead and typo board that, yeah."

Giles says, "I know priests and Inquisitors are hard to play, and they are thankless jobs, but I would love to see an Inquisitor wander into any darn place they wanted and scare anyone they wanted."

Kinaed says, "I'm okay with that. Honestly, I stopped reading the forums at some stage on the topic."

Iorel claims to Giles, "Once Iorel gets dead, I'll probably revist the Order on my next character and see if I can't help with that ;)"

Asvaldr states, "To be fair, a noble should be less afraid of the inquisition than most everyone else"

Dvi claims, "The problem with the lack of 'fear' of the Inquisition is a product of OOC sentiment that has pretty much always existed in this game"

Kinaed nods at Asvaldr.

Prisca nods at Asvaldr.

Prisca exclaims, "I think they're spooky enough!"

Kinaed says, "I think that links to everyone's OOC modern values and no one wanting to OOCly feel like a bad guy for endorsing the mindset, etc."

Azarial nods at Kinaed.

Edony pontificates, "And people should be more afraid of Edony too! Never mind that she weighs 80 pounds soaking wet!"

Kinaed nods at Edony.

Kinaed asks of Edony, "Clearly. What are they thinking?"

Giles claims, "I don't think a noble should really fear the Inquisition, though. Also, I'm sort of scared of Edony."

Iorel declaims to Edony, "I'll give Edony a knife to threaten people with!"

Edony does, however, think it's hard for me to OOCly play the 'asshole noble' role, on account of those same OOC ties.

Kinaed nods at Edony.

Iorel states, "So .. 'fear' the Inquisition and 'be afraid of' the Inquisition are different things, also, I think."

Edony pontificates, "So the onus is really on me to not be afraid to be a jerk. I'm working on it, I promise!"

Prisca states to Giles, "They should fear them more if they're the magely type. we get those sometimes."

Asvaldr states, "Nobles are certainly quite fearful, I mean the power they have the potential to wield is somewhat on par with the Inquisition.."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Iorel says, "A noble who earns the ire of the Inquisition shouldn't feel like they shouldn't be shitting their pants over what might come from that."

Vlora is idle.

Asvaldr states to Iorel, "But only the grand inquisitor can touch a noble"

Dvi says, "The problem with the power of nobility is that it's way more reliant on other people to enforce it than the Inquisition's. "

Asvaldr claims, "Or at least say "Yeah, go ahead.""

Azarial claims, "It may take something odd for it to set in. people were rather 'ho hum' about demons, even when someone died. but when taht one guy was made so ugly even buying +4 kept him at app 1, people sure sat up and paid attention to demons."

Edony claims, "Though it is a bit of a headache to actually enact IC consequences as a noble. Threaten with whippings all I want, the low Reeve population does rather get in the way of what my character should be able to do - that is, point and cry, "Guards! Arrest this cretin!" and have it done without question."

Prisca says to Dvi, "They can grab any reeves and say "whip 'im" or "Toss them in Ahalin""

Tato says, "I'd like to try playing an inquisitor type at some point."

Kinaed states, "I have to admit, I didn't finish reading the thread, but the one thing that stuck with me is the idea that if someone steps out of line that there can be a 'pile on' affect of 10 letters to a GL. I'd love for people to maybe relax a bit, but I also see why that happens and am not terribly fussed. TI sometimes requires big shoulders for blame."

Kinaed nods at Tato.

Dvi claims, "They can, it's just a rather removed process. "

Giles states to Iorel, "I can only speak for myself, but Giles/Emily would be shitting themselves if an Inquisitor called them in for a 'chat'."

Edony declaims, "That and the current Justiciar seems to be something of a freeman sympathizer. The nerve!"

Iorel nods at Giles.

Kinaed says to Tato, "It was literally some of the most fun RP I had in my life, and I was really scared to for the first year I played TI because the idea of torture, etc, squicks me."

Iorel says, "Let's make sure to keep people's IC characters off of OOC chat, especially if they aren't around."

Edony wants that to be regarded as a joking OOC jibe, not a call for "Make the Justiciar play the way I think he should!" That is all.

Kinaed claims, "Turned out that I didn't really need to do anything gross, just loom ominously."

Edony nods at Iorel.

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Asvaldr smirks at Kinaed "I have a certain character presently who I feel much the same. Haven't really had to do anything, but some folks fear them."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, it's 8:30 am (we have 30 min left) - but we're out of topics."

Iorel claims, "I have something else to pipe up with"

Kinaed states to Iorel, "Go for it. "

Edony hands Iorel a pipe.

Kinaed nods at Asvaldr.

Giles says, "Simply put, I would like to be a bit more paranoid because someone who doesn't like me might make up whatever and report me to the Inquisition instead of go to, say, the Brotherhood or a random assassin. That's it."

Kinaed claims, "I had a character that would trump stuff up to the Inquisition just to see what would happen once."

Kinaed coughs and halos.

Temi grins at Kinaed.

Temi says, "Not that Kin has ever been a shit-stirrer."

Giles declares to Kinaed, "I like it!"

Kinaed says, "I need to stop having a real life and start playing TI again."

Asvaldr had a random character pyred as a mage for ruining his wedding... that was fun times.

Prisca claims, "I had a character that would confess all sorts of stuff that weren't even sins"

Iorel wonders, "I brought up the idea of creating a code-- or request-- structure by which op'd bards might be able to visit Ahalin cells without a PC Reeve/Knight present (as getting RP around those times can be really hard, and also really boring for the 'supervising' lawkeeper.) Everyone who responded seemed really keen on the idea .. would Staff be willing to help out with something like that? Getting a way for 'ICly approved' characters to go visit a prisoner in jail to give prisoners more RP opportunities?"
Kinaed grins at Asvaldr.

Edony claims, "Not to get in Iorel's way, but @Giles: The fear of someone doing that kinda keeps me from playing Edony as coldly as I could. That and [OTHER REDACTED IC REASONS]."
*scribe's note, this is literally what was said at the meeting, not a postmortem edit.

Kinaed wonders, "Hmm. Maybe, but I thought we set up an area so anyone could RP with people in cells behind Ahalin Tower?"

Theia exclaims, "OH! That reminds me!"

Asvaldr asks, "No? "

Dvi states to Edony, "I wouldn't worry that much"

Theia declaims, "I have a question!"

Dvi claims to Edony, "People very rarely resort to direct action"

Iorel declaims, "If so, then I've never heard about it and none of the lawkeepers I've talked to ever heard about it! =P"

Prisca asks of Kinaed, "You can yell there I think? but there's no rpxp for that"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Asvaldr states to Kinaed, "I remember talks about such, but it never went farther than that"

Dvi says, "There is a way"

Dvi claims, "There's a window from the cells to River Square"

Kinaed asks of Dvi, "Tell me in a tell please?"

Dvi states, "Yells go both ways"

Giles claims to Edony, "Well, obviously, anyone who plays an Inquisitor needs to be very trusted by staff and players alike."

Dvi claims, "Ooops"

Kinaed says, "Oh, that's fine."

Dvi says, "Unless windows are still bugged, but I'd be surprised."

Kinaed claims, "I just wanted to judge if I should say it or not, but a window is fine to talk about."

Iorel says, "Still, that's not really all that much 'fun' for people involved."

Prisca nods in agreement with Iorel.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, we deliberately set it up so people could RP with people in cells by talking through bars or something. If this isn't working, please let us know."

Asvaldr trails off to Giles, "No they don't... OOC popularity and trust should play no role in an inquisitor, or anyone, being able to rp"

Iorel says, "The problem, Kinaed, comes in getting people TO those bars."

Azarial claims, "W only step in if it s reported as horribly policy or theme breaking."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Theia says, "Kinaed, if I can, I've got a question/topic."

Giles says to Edony, "I just want to be about 25 percent more scared by the lawful types. That's it. I love them all, but I also want to be scared."

Azarial states, "We don;t watch RP"

Theia trails off, "Hey..."

Kinaed claims to Theia, "Sure, but hold off for a few minutes until we've resolved this line of discussion, then I'll call on you."

Theia trails off, "You watch 'some' RP... mainly anything that is fecho'd"

Theia claims, "According to the policy on fecho"

Kinaed nods at Theia.

Kinaed says, "We do see fechos on wiznet, and spells being cast."

Iorel states, "The suggestion is to enable a way for the Lawkeeping PCs to let a character get into the cell area without having to give them a key -- giving a visitor a key to Ahalin obviously not the most sensible thing to do."

Dvi claims, "I do wish that there was a little bit more enforced stratification of the classes, especially between freemen and gentry, but it never really tends to work."

Theia claims, "Oh fun."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Prisca states to Dvi, "Not really much difference between freemen and gentry."

Iorel muses to Prisca, "Er?"

Prisca says, "Gentry are freemen with money and connections. or sometimes just connections."

Dvi claims, "By theme, there is. Practically in game, there isn't. I wish that gap was a little closer. "

Ardan thinks the bard thing would still be a nice addition

Giles nods at Ardan.

Iorel says, "'upper' freemen and 'lower' gentry might not have a huge theme-gap, but the difference between a Southsider and a Merchant Prince of Vavard is pretty vast."

Kinaed claims, "I'll have to think on it. We've already set up some things to give prisoners outside world contact, but I'm gathering it's not enough. In terms of allowing the general public or even specific groups like bards, in, I think it's a Staff Talking Point rather than something I can decide on the spot."

Prisca nods at Kinaed.

Ardan noddles

Theia says, "Be aware all you magely types. Magicy stuff is seen. But that's probably for a good reason."

Asvaldr honestly feels like it is enough... as how often do we have prisoners these days?

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "Please add that topic to Staff Talking Points?"

Kinaed nods at Asvaldr.

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Tato says, "I didn't realize worth and stuff was seen"

Giles claims, "Agreed. A thought: if Giles was robbed, or whatever, it would be nice for him to be able to RP with the thief (if the thief were caught). It isn't guild-specific per se. But it is something that can't be decided today."

Asvaldr states, "And the suggestion specifically only talks about bards for non-mages"

Temi finishes her note.

Edony claims, "Maybe not too often, but when Iorel was jailed, I had a couple of times where I wanted to go RP with her and couldn't really. Or at least, didn't realize the avenues through which I could."

Giles nods at Edony.

Kinaed nods at Edony.

Edony had to resort to sympathetic OOC tells!

Ardan thinks Manus should be able to visit the mage prisoners. 3

Prisca says, "The cells are generally pretty empty, but when someone finally gets in one it's kind of sad that it's almost more of an OOC punishment than an IC one, having so few people to RP with"

Giles nods at Prisca.

Iorel nods at Kinaed.

Edony agrees wholeheartedly with Prisca.

Kinaed claims, "It may be a marketing or word of mouth thing about sharing how it's possibble too"

Dvi states, "The problem is that the more people you let into Ahalin, the less secure of a prison it is."

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Kinaed nods at Dvi.

Iorel nods at Dvi.

Dvi says, "And there's some sensitive stuff in some parts of it."

Kinaed claims, "The fundamental crux."

Ardan says to Dvi, "It doesnt have to be THAT secure for non mages. it would be nice if there was a flag that could be applied for capital crimes, but otherwise i dont think it has to be very secure"

Kinaed states, "Happy for someone to start a forum topic about how we can change prison from being an OOC punishment to just an IC one too."

Asvaldr shrugs to Prisca "Maybe I'm just cold-hearted. I mean I had a character in ahalin for an ooc month, and received maybe 10 hours of rp max... so I created an alt during that time

Asvaldr says, "Solved the issue'"

Dvi states to Ardan, "I'm not so worried about the prisoners, but rather the visitors poking around."

Kinaed claims, "It may be good to go beyond simply things like 'making it easier for people to RP with them'"

Giles questions, "Wouldn't the NPC knights search even the Seneschal if she wanted to visit a prisoner without a knight present?"

Giles queries, "Okay, maybe not HER, but everyone else?"

Kinaed nods at Giles.

Asvaldr claims, "They would in theory search everyone, except other knights I imagine"

Iorel says to Dvi, "The suggestion as it stands was to just trans the people into the cell room with a prisoner with the assumption and OOC agreement that certain behavior wouldn't be allowed because vNPCs were alert and watchful."

Kinaed says, "Theoretically. The Knights report through the Order, and the Order is independent of the Seneschal power structure."

Dvi states, "The Seneschal can't really get in without a Reeve or Knight anyway"

Ardan says to Dvi, "It could be a direct, special entrance to the cells."

Kinaed claims, "The Seneschal's power structure is secular, the Order is religious."

Dvi nods at Iorel.

Dvi nods at Ardan.

Giles claims, "I'm speaking strictly secular crimes, of course."

Dvi states, "Sounds good to me. Lord knows I've spent my hours in Ahalin. "

Edony laughs.

Iorel states, "And, yeah, visiting religious criminals would be much more limited than most secular ones, like others mentioned."

Theia states, "That begs the question then for me"

Safir is idle.

Theia claims, "Is Ahalin Religious or Secular"

Iorel states, "Both."

Safir is no longer idle.
Safir has returned from AFK.

Asvaldr says, "Both"

Prisca claims to Theia, "Both."

Kinaed claims, "Both, it's the state prison center."

Prisca claims, "They used to be seperate, but they combined them so prisoners could RP with eachother"

Giles claims, "Should that be changed, maybe? Just a thought."

Kinaed states, "Probably equally funded by the Order and Crown."

Iorel claims, "Nawh, Ahalin's fine."

Theia states, "Then... saying the Seneschal can't get in without a Reeve or Knight seems weird since they are the head of the Secular."

Theia claims, "While it's odd for them to be there without them"

Kinaed wonders to Giles, "Why?"

Riette states, "Being 'stuck' without an ability to go find RP straight up sucks. Whatever lets people get more play without a lot of OOC hoop jumping is best, IMO."

Theia states, "It shouldn't be required"

Asvaldr claims, "They are not the head of the secular law"

Edony nods in agreement with Riette.

Kinaed nods at Riette.

Kinaed states, "I agree to a point."

Iorel says to Theia, "The president can't visit a jail without police present."

Riette muses, "I think we're not supposed to do big 'off grid' RP events even, because it takes too much of the RP circle out of reach, right?"

Dvi claims to Theia, "They still would go through the process."

Iorel nods in agreement with Dvi.

Kinaed claims, "The point being where it begins to get dangerous for law guilds to imprison people for whatever reason."

Giles says, "Kinaed Just in case Empena, for example, wanted to RP with the guy who robbed her without concerns over mages and such. I'm just tossing ideas out there."

Riette nods.

Kinaed nods at Giles.

Dvi says, "But it's really up to the EM and LJ who they want to give access to"

Azarial states, "She;d still go in with a reeve. though depending on the reeve, he might slip the prisoner a knife and leave them alone."

Kinaed states, "Well, we've established that there is somewhere around the base of Ahalin where people in prison can reach out and speak to people outside of the prison."

Kinaed states, "Albeit it seems like it may be a bit of an inadequate connection, it is there."

Prisca nods.

Edony asks, "Maybe make it a lookable item that you see on look around?"

Iorel says, "Yeah; yelling through a room is a bit .. strange."

Kinaed says to Edony, "I suspect it is, but I'll make a note to make sure."

Prisca says, "There's no window there or anything"

Edony says, "E.g. bars or something."

Dvi claims, "It also makes private conversations a bit tough"

Iorel says, "Especially since I doubt the Reeves who are thematically all over the area would permit that sort of behavior too much, esp. if the topic turned to, say, unlawful things."

Ardan states, "Do yells between 1 person rooms generate whererp"

Iorel claims, "No."
Prisca claims to Ardan, "No"

Ardan claims, "Er. rpxp"

Edony claims, "HEY THERE STOOL PIGEON DON'T WORRY GOT THE PICKS RIGHT HERE HELLO MR NPC REEVE YOU SAW NOTHING"

Azarial states, "By human nature, security can be rather lax"

Kinaed claims, "I suspect private convos being tough with people in jail is just fine."

Iorel asks, "The forum topic was here, if people want to comment on it further -- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1825"

Iorel nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Kinaed claims to Iorel, "Thanks for setting that up."

Giles nods at Iorel.

Iorel states, "My suggestion included the people involved logging the scene to send to the Reeve GL, as 'the Reeves present' would report all convo and stuff."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, with fifteen minutes left - Theia, did you have a topic to raise?"

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Theia states, "Yes"

Dvi claims, "I'd prefer code do it somehow"

Kinaed nods at Dvi.

Dvi states, "Rather than relying on people"

Kinaed claims, "That'd be ideal."

Dvi says, "Sometimes it's hard to log, for example."

Dvi says, "*has played on their phone*"

Prisca states, "Having to do manual logs would be a deterrent I'd say"

Edony consoles Dvi, having also done that.

Theia claims, "So whatever happened with the removing of bank balances from non-managerial members of a guild? The poll ended and I've never heard anything more on it, the majority voted it removed but there was a fair amount opposed so I was curious as to what was being done with it."

Dvi states to Edony, "The amount of times that I've had a character arrested while I'm on my phone boggles the mind. So sad."

Prisca states, "Maybe the guard in the cellblock can log and spit out a report with a keyword, to reeves/orderites"

Temi states, "It didn't seem highly favored in either direction"

Prisca states, "If that's possible."

Theia states, "As a managerial member of a guild now, if the balance is not visible to laymen, I won't be OOCly pressured about how I should be spending money that somehow the Student who just joined knows about(there is no Student, it's an example)"

Giles claims to Theia, "I forgot to vote. It is sort of weird I know how much the council has in its coffers. It is also weird I'm not getting paid considering, but that's an IC topic."

Kinaed says, "I've decided not to remove it for the time being. The poll did end in favor of removing, but it seemed to be not a major swing that way and it's coding time for simple things that Az can put elsewhere."

Iorel says, "If people are OOCly pressuring you, tell them to shut the frak up."

Dvi states, "Honestly, I've never seen a guildmember try to take on a GL about their spending"

Iorel claims, "Or ask Staff to tell them the same -- you shouldn't be pressuring people OOCly over ANYTHING."

Temi nods in agreement with Iorel.

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Iorel declaims to Dvi, "I have!"

Theia states, "Yea... telling them to shut the frak up, gets me reported for being OOCly rude to people because I should find a better way to solve the issue."

Ardan pressures you to vote early and often.

Theia says, "I'd go with the telling staff part."

Dvi exclaims to Iorel, "Good! Sounds like fun conflict"

Safir begins to descend.

Edony trails off, "Well, maybe not 'shut the frak up' in so many words..."

Safir leaves down.

Iorel pontificates to Dvi, "It was!"

Temi says, "If you can't handle things politely, feel free to ask for staff help, yes."

Temi has transferred Empena. [OOC]

Temi gives a toy grave mound fixed with a rotating wheel of headstones to Empena.

Theia says, "Nah... I'd tell'em worse than that... but I'm texan and my vocabulary starts to include other languages when I tell people things."

Giles pontificates to Empena, "Boss!"

Theia declares to Empena, "Boss!"

Iorel states to Empena, "OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN."

Dvi begins to descend.

Iorel stands on a table.

Dvi leaves down.

Edony claims, "THY FEARFUL TRIP IS DONE"

Kinaed has transferred Dvi. [OOC]

Dvi coughs

Theia trails off, "Wait... I thought I was rid of that whole 'boss' thing when you left the Physicians..."

Theia cries.

Iorel wonders, "Also, wait -- if there's a 'window' in the cells ... The Ahalin Cell Blocks are underground, aren't they?"

Vlora is idle.

Iorel claims, "And I know there's no 'window' in the cell descriptions."

Theia claims, "They're originally designed for drowning."

Kinaed claims, "... mages built it? >.< Oh dear."

Theia says, "It just needs to rain really hard when they're in the cells"

Temi claims, "I believe the windows are just at the top"

Kinaed states, "We need to check."

Iorel exclaims to Theia, "Yeah; I do know there's lots of gross water in the descriptions!"

Iorel nods.

Iorel declares, "Well, so long as Staff discusses maybe opening up more face-to-face RP opportunities, since that's really where the meat of the game goes on, I'd be super thrilled!"

Iorel grins at Azarial.

Iorel exclaims, "Time for me to run off for IRL!"

Iorel begins to descend.

Giles nods at Iorel.

Iorel leaves down with an easy saunter.

Prisca nods in agreement.

Tato begins to descend.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, ten minutes to go. :) Anything on anyone's mind, as we're out of topics? Did you see that TMC is shutting down its forums in favor of some sort of chat system?"

Tato leaves down.

Asvaldr questions, "Tmc had forumns?"

Prisca queries, "I heard, you get the invite yet Kin?"

Azarial says, "Ahh, a chat system? that should prove interesting. less history that way, though, given the sometimes utility to the code portion."

Edony trails off, "Shoot. I thought of something earlier and now I can't remember what it was..."

Kinaed nods at Asvaldr.

Azarial queries, "Are they going to use discord?"

Azarial states, "(though they shoudl hvae just banned the asshats instead of closing the forums, imho)"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "No, it seems to be some sort of custom code or something."

Edony shrugs. "Next week!" she says.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Asvaldr ponders what will one day replace discord

Riette questions, "There's no like, public list of jailed people, right?"

Riette states, "I can understand why IC, you don't always want people to know you've swiped a baddie."

Dvi claims, "No"

Temi says, "Correct. Though rumors may be a good source often."

Kinaed states, "I gave up moderating as a moderator because other moderators didn't agree with my ... uh... approach. :)"

Giles claims to Kinaed, "I saw that. Honestly, I'm expecting reviews, positive or negative, to be replied to a lot more while we wait for that. I keep looking for responses to mine."

Riette claims, "Yeah, was just thinking some kind of way besides turning whererp on in jail could make it easier for people to get yell RP while incarcerated."

Azarial states, "Heh. maybe they regret that now. your tolerance for bullshi is low enough it would not have reached this point."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "So I like to think."

Giles claims, "Maybe those have been turned off now, which might not be the worst thing. In regard to my RP this week, though, I've had a ton of fun."

Azarial states, "That just means we get more of the time you would have wasted there."

Kinaed nods at Giles.

Kinaed questions, "Oh, here's a request from a tell: When you have a baby it automatically adds the IC date to a cnote for you, could it do the same when you get married?"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, that seems fine."

Asvaldr has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Theia says, "Well... can I get bumped back to the grid? I have to shut down and head to town."

Giles wonders, "Just to be clear: it isn't possible to knock up NPCs, right?"

Kinaed nods.

Theia has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed states to Giles, "Harharhar."

Azarial states, "Cannot breed npcs."

Riette wonders, "Can I get cnotes for when I create damascus babies?"

Dvi states, "Thank god"

Kinaed says, "Not to my knowledge. :)"

Azarial says, "Human or otherwise."

Riette grins at Azarial.

Kinaed nods at Riette.

Kinaed says to Riette, "I can see about that."

Temi grins.

Prisca states, "Would be neat if there was more to husbandry than just plants with meat."

Azarial claims, "...you can cnote quick when you create a damascus item"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Giles says, "Well, I have an NPC wife and she's preggers! It isn't a weird question."

Riette claims, "Probably opens up too much work for staff in the long run. Brothel worker NPCs with threaded FTBs and a chance to infect you with the pox, etc."

Kinaed claims, "Anyone mind if we wrap up a few minutes early today? Please vote for TI and write reviews to help us attract more players to play with us. Also, I have met a PR person online who is interested and willing to do a pro bono marketing campaign for us, so I'll let you know more as I learn more."

Prisca grins.

Giles states, "I was just wondering. Happy to pay the 10 QP for RPA."

Giles pontificates, "Ooh!"

Kinaed nods at Giles.

Prisca states, "I think we're done here."

Temi says, "We can definitely sell you a QP baby for her, and you can desc her with the pregnancy."

Kinaed says to Giles, "That's RPA we'd probably accept."

Riette pontificates, "Fine with early end!"

Temi claims, "But we can't make the mob actually pregnant in the same way. Code does not support."

Edony pontificates, "Also fine!"

Riette claims, "Thanks for the gift, makes me want to do the cake puzzle on the 7th Guest."

• Information