Log of OOC Meeting 06-30-2018

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Azarial says, "Violence, rather.  too much awesome today."

Edwin says, "I have a thing this week."

Edwin states, "To discuss."

Kinaed has transferred Safir.  [OOC]

Kinaed claims to Edwin, "You're first in the list then :)"

Cee says, "I'd like to discuss singing :)"

Kinaed states, "Cee is second"
Temi gives a nude, white chocolate dame with deftly positioned dishes to Safir.

Temi says, "There was a post on the request baord, I think"

Kinaed claims, "Anyone else? If you have a topic, please pre-write your topic introduction so that you're ready."

Azarial claims, "I already wrote sing."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Can you represent it later? I haven't read my notes yet."

"I cee" Lethanavir giggles. [Lethanavir]

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Theodora claims, "I have a topic but I'm going to need a few I'm just settling in from getting off mobile but then I do."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I have an anonymous, a request, and theodora in my list."

Kinaed questions, "Alright, at that, I'll kick off Staff Updates. I've been pretty busy, so out of touch lately. Logged in and processed the request queue. That's pretty much it. I have Jail Automation still on my desk, but that's about it, I think? Am I missing something? "

Azarial leans back to see if assistance is needed to avert a poopacalypse.

Kinaed says, "That's all for me, over to you, Azarial."

Azarial says, "I worked on a few small odds and ends, including sing, a few alerts, and the like."

Kinaed claims, "Just checking the change boards."

Azarial states, "I helped niamh diagnose a crash,. though, so taht was awesome."

Azarial says, "Yup, I need to assist."

Azarial has gone AFK.

Kinaed says, "Okay, singing is in there, so is blind fiting, reversing History Support at player requests, something about the Seneschal GL ousting thing... fixing the price thing."

Theodora has lost link.
Theodora has reconnected.

Iorel claims, "I'd ask what's up with singing, but I think that's on the table for a player topic so will wait"

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Theodora muses, "Are we reversing seeing your Support History or it needing to go to a queue?"

Kinaed claims, "Basically, singing was someone asking if playing instruments and singing could be separated so people can, for example, play a lute and sing at the same time without having to swap instruments. We just duplicated the command."

Theodora states, "That was me, and I really appreciate it."

Kinaed says to Theodora, "Seeing the order it goes in, not it going into a queue, albeit I'm pondering reversing the queue because I haven't seen any naughty ones lately, so it might be a waste of time. Staff will discuss."

Yeto has lost link.
Kinaed nods at Theodora.

Yeto has reconnected.
Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Anything to add?"

Temi claims, "I think Az had to run for poopacaclypse"

Iorel nods.

Kinaed says, "Oh, okay. Temi, you're up."

Kinaed has transferred Prisca.  [OOC]

Temi exclaims, "I've been working primarily on this plot stuff.  There's a shiny bright new FAQ for how to engage with it on the general board.  Please let me know if I'm missing important questions, it's unclear, or if it brings up more questions than it answers!"

Temi gives a nude, white chocolate dame with deftly positioned dishes to Prisca.

Temi says, "I have also done some updates to cooking so it will work with the embellish system."

Kinaed smiles.

Prisca claims, "Ooo"

Kinaed wonders, "Spicy soup? :)"

Temi says, "You can embellish gourmet foods, and embellish with spices.  There may still be some more spices to add, but I did add a few special appraise messages on the distinct and expensive ones."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi exclaims, "I think peppers may still be on the to-do list... but spicy soup could be possible in the future!"

Kinaed smiles.

Edwin states, "Deviled eggs! With Vandagan Paprika."

Temi says, "And that's basically what I've been doing.  I'll be gone next weekend for camping, so trying to get things good before then."

Kinaed nods at Edwin.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks."

Kinaed queries, "Anything else to add before we move to our next agenda item?"

Kinaed has transferred Empena.  [OOC]

Prisca queries, "Will the map be updated regularly with the shifts of support?"

Temi gives a nude, white chocolate dame with deftly positioned dishes to Empena.

Temi nods at Prisca.

Temi claims, "I'll update the map with the weekly updates"

Kinaed queries to Temi, "When is the next update due?"

Azarial has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "I'm doing them on Sundays"

Temi claims, "So tomorrow"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed declares, "Thanks!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think that covers Staff Updates."

Temi says, "And either Niamh will do the one next Sunday, or I'll do it once I get home from camping Sunday night"

Kinaed asks, "Next up - Player Heartbeat. How was the game this week, folks?"

Prisca asks, "Sounds good! WIll it end at a certain time, or after a certain amount of support?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "July 22nd is our vote date"

Edwin says, "Awesome. Simply awesome."

Kinaed says, "The Baronial Council, nodnod."

Prisca declaims, "Ah, got it!"

Azarial shoulders her polearm.

Kinaed claims to Edwin, "I'm so glad you've been having an awesome time. :)"

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else want to tell us how their week went?"

Prisca says, "Haven't really had time to play this week, studying for an exam that's in a little less than 5 hours. will be poofing after this meeting for some last minute prep"

Edwin claims to Kinaed, "Always."

Iorel claims, "Still getting my feet wet with Iorel, trying to find the balance of playing the character's backstory and not ruining the character right out the gate."

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Kinaed smiles.

Vlora says, "KNIGHT THINGS"

Kinaed declares, "Good luck, Prisca!"

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Prisca pontificates to Kinaed, "Thanks!"

Edwin says, "Knight things, yes."

Temi states, "I've been too busy to be on the ground much myself, this week :("

Vlora claims, "If there are any bored mages, now is the time to set fire to something seeing as we're all distracted by the Roland thing. "

Kinaed questions, "Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Yeto claims, "Working on the latest pair of yeto's yeets, fresh kicks coming to a store near you"

Iorel states, "Stepping away from Farra has proven to be a very IRL thanking agenda. Didn't necessarily realize just how much stress I was carrying around."

Kinaed claims to Iorel, "Yes, it's a very stressful role, and you filled it admirably."

Kinaed claims to Iorel, "I'm glad you're feeling better though."

Temi pontificates, "Glad you're feeling better then!  We thought you were a great GI, but we don't want anyone putting themselves in a bad position"

Cee wonders, "Apologies, did I miss my cue to talk about my topic?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Empena claims, "Nothing that likely has a solution."

Iorel says to Cee, "Not yet"

Dvi is idle.

Kinaed claims to Cee, "We haven't gotten to player topics yet."

Prisca claims to Cee, "Not yet"

Cee nods.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "That said, it seems like the convo has slowed around Player Heartbeat, so let's do that -  moving on to Player Topics :)"

Kinaed declares to Edwin, "You're up first. Please introduce us to your topic!"

Edwin queries, "I want to talk about shields. I think as they are they aren't really doing the things that shields do. Specifically being able to bash someone's teeth in with them. When dudes fight with shields or fought with them, a trained fighter didn't just block with the thing he used it as part of the fighting style, to smash through guard and attack as much as he did with the sword or axe or mace in his other hand. I propose that shields ought to be able to dual attack, possibly not to do damage if that would cause balancing issues but maybe as an attack that lowers the defense of the opponent at the cost of some of your own? As someone whose planning on being a blade and board kind of knight I feel like shields need a... kick in the teeth codewise to make it as awesome as it should be thematically. Otherwise, why carry the weight, spend the money, or otherwise gimp yourself to haul one around? #shieldsshouldntsuck"

Cee says, "You can always emote a sword attack as a shield bash followed by a slash with a sword after the shield stuns them."

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "Can you add that to Staff Talking Points please?"

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Cee.

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Prisca claims, "Not sure what should be done with shields, but I agree they could use a look at"

Temi finishes her note.

Edwin says, "Well yeah, flavorbits are nice, but that's not really what I was driving at."

Iorel states, "I'd prefer shields give more significant bonuses to defense, while choosing to opt out gives bonuses to attack or some such."

Vlora states, "Perhaps they could be used to bash the opponent back a distance? Though, I don't know why you'd do that. "

Cee says, "We are playing a RPG after all, sometimes you have to bend mechanics for the sake of RP. But I get you."

Iorel nods at Cee.

Kinaed says, "I don't think this is something I can answer in the OOC Chat. The combat system is carefully designed and balanced, so maneuvers need to be considered thoughtfully before just doing them. In theory, I have no issue, but in practice, we may not want to develop that code."

Edwin declares, "That's fine too!"

Edwin claims, "I was just saying."

Kinaed says, "So we'll put it on the staff board to discuss and get back to you. In the meantime, it's fine to emote using your shield that way."

Temi says, "We do have things carefully balanced, but maybe there's a way to add more variation without just adding more power."

Kinaed nods at Edwin.

Iorel claims, "In a general sense, I would really really like to see more variation between weapons."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Yeto has lost link.

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Yeto has reconnected.

Prisca states, "I'd be happy just with allowing shields to be used with two-handed weapons and such. worn on the arm instead of held in a hand"

Iorel claims, "Like .. using a shield doesn't feel any different from not, using an axe no different than a mace, etcetc."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Iorel states, "I don't really like the idea of using a shield with a two-handed weapon. I know Prisca has been sad about not using a shield and spear combo, but that might be more easily solved by adding a 'spear' weapon class outside of Polearms."

Iorel exclaims, "(just my .02$!)"

Ivar muses, "Are we sure polearms can't be used with shields?"

Ivar claims, "Because they used to."

Lethanavir states, "A throwing spear would be cool"

Kinaed states, "Or maybe a spear polearm type that's one-handed."

Iorel nods at Kinaed.

Azarial states, "Fixing twohanded weapon code took care of that."

Iorel states, "I think all weapons that are the same type are functionally the same type, code-wise. All swords are just 'sword' and there's no difference between a greatsword and, say, a shortsword. Which would be cool, but might be a nightmare to balance."

Ivar states, "I'd be okay with polearms just not being treated as a two handed weapon"

Edwin states, "That's a good point. Spears are... not heavy."

Ivar questions, "I mean, they don't do extra damage do they?"

Edwin claims, "But halberds and stuff definitely are."

Ivar says, "All they do is give range."

Azarial says, "They're more awkward than heavy."

Iorel nods.

Iorel states, "They have a big range advantage over most other weapons, which is impactful in fights when the polearmee starts at the appropriate range."

Edwin says, "In this kind of setting every bannerman for a Lord really fights with a spear. Theya re easy to teach a guy how to use and cheap."

Kinaed states, "Hey guys, I'm going to move to the next topic now to make sure we have plenty of time for everyone who put their hand up - not because I want to cut off discussion. If people are interested in continuing the convo, someone bring it as a topic next week."

Prisca nods.

Kinaed says to Cee, "You're up. :)"

Edwin says, "Sorry."

Iorel nods.

Cee states, "Pretty simple really. Why is Singing a guild skill? It's the instrument that anyone can learn just by doing it, as it requires no techncal skill to learn."

Kinaed claims to Edwin, "No need to be sorry :) I just have to manage time."

Iorel claims, "Singing absolutely requires technical skill to master."

Edwin claims, "I agree with Iorel."

Ivar says to Edwin, "I'd normally consider axes and maces more common than a spear, tbh."

Cee says, "I disagree, respectfully, from my real life experience."

Azarial says, "Anyone can sing.  but the secrets to sining very wella re guild."

Temi states, "Anyone can get non-guildskills to 36, which is quite respectable"

Temi states, "I mean, guildskills, from non-guild"

Iorel nods.

Cee claims, "Right, well right now, you can't learn to sing without being taught. At least to get lvl 1. I can respect a cap to the skill, even if I disagree with it."

Kinaed says, "As said prior, anyone can sing to level 36, grand mastering it is a major achievement and related to people who have the time to do it professionally."

Theodora asks, "The new command should be able to help with that, maybe?"

Cee asks, "I was under the impression you can't go from lvl 0 to 1 without teaching?"

Ivar says, "Eh, if you're performing at over 36 in singing, that would be indicative of something like learning from voice coaches and such."

Edwin claims to Ivar, "Almost every man in a middle ages army was a pikeman. Spears are cheap. Then probably axes, then maces. Because a mace gets a little more technical with how you want to do it."

Temi states, "The lower end of guildskills has always been a bit odder."

Iorel says, "As someone who has sat in on college-level vocal classes (dated a music major!) I can say that mastering singing definitely is a technical skill. Some people might be savants at it, but one can potentially QP Purchase singing above 36 in chargen to simulate that."

Ivar claims, "I'm not a fan of only being able to learn 2 guild skills in chargen to be perfectly honest."

Temi claims, "But, it's consistent with the way we do this in general"

Prisca says, "That's right, you can't learn from 0 with a guild skill without learning from someone, or purchasing in chargen"

Iorel states, "Also, how you RP being 'inept' at something like this can be left to RP choice."

Temi claims, "For some guildskills, it makes a lot of sense."

Cee says, "Respectfully, I used to be in a touring, professional choir, and all I did to improve was practice, the choirmaster was very specific that we learnt through epxoosure, rather than dedicated lessons."

Ivar says to Cee, "You also had experience with said Choir."

Cee claims, "I'm doing my best to not try and sound like I'm humblebragging about my singing experience, sorry."

Ivar claims to Cee, "It wasn't just you by yourself"

Cee states, "Right, experience from doing it a lot, not being taught."

Iorel states, "A 36 in singing would constitute someone who could make money doing it."

Cee queries, "Hm... Alright. I get you, And you can learn from lvl 0 to 1 without a tutor, unlike other guild skills?"

Theodora states, "Get the audience drunk enough they might pay you anyways."

Temi says, "No, that's the way guildskills work."

Edwin says, "That's why I only took 30"

Cee questions, "... Right. And you don't think that should be changed?"

Iorel states, "I'm not sure about that one, but I don't know that I have a problem with that, either. You can RP a 0 in singing as having a nice voice but making a lot of technical mistakes with tone and stuff"

Temi claims, "But we'd have to re-do guildskills, or remove the upper limit."

Iorel states, "And RP with a troubadour about getting a basic lesson in scales to get that 1 rank."

Temi says, "It's not just 'I don't think this makes sense for sing'"

Cee claims, "I was planning to do that Iorel, it just feels very unthemely to do so. "

Kinaed claims, "I think that's just a limitation about how guildskills work, and whereas I see the argument for singing being learnable to 36, I'm probably not willing to overhaul the guildskill system for this one instance - we're a game and guildskills represent a game mechanism - a guild's control over a skillset."

Iorel claims, "How so? Scales exist in the time period."

Temi claims, "Plus it's an in for RP with the troubs, which the troubs may appreciate"

Prisca asks of Cee, "'Wow, you sing really well. Do you think you could give me a few pointers?'"

Iorel's opportunity to accept the Personal Event has expired.

Cee claims, "For a character who has grown up around singing for her whole life, being taught the ultra amateur levels of singing seems weird to me."

Theodora nods.

Cee exclaims, "But it's chill, it's not worth reworking everything over!"

Kinaed says, "I'd think you should have bought singing in chargen if she's been singing her whole life."

Iorel claims, "One can 'know how to sing' but also not know what, say, a C# is."

Cee says, "I forgot to sadly, hah."

Kinaed comforts Cee.

Theodora states, "You can also sing your whole life and still be tone deaf, ask some of my RL friends."

Iorel grins at Theodora.

Cee claims, "And the cap at 36 is fair for sure. My point was more the 0=>1 step made little sense to me, but it's not worth reworking stuff over."

Iorel raises her hand.

Kinaed says to Theodora, "That describes me. :("

Kinaed questions to Iorel, "?"

Theodora comforts Kinaed.

Iorel states, "Oh, I'm a terrible singer :("

Iorel claims, "Is what I meant."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Kinaed says, "Me too, and I love to sing... much to everyone around me's chagrin."

Temi grins.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that's Cee's topic... We had one on the request board. Temi, can you tell us what it was?"

Vlora sheathes her sword.

Temi declares, "Yep!"

Temi muses, "I didn't want to bring this up at the OOC Meeting myself, but was wondering if there was an update on when/how Backstab is going to be reimplimented, as it's currently disabled.  Is it shelved pending a rework, or is it bugged, etc.  If rework, is there a clear idea on what it will look like when it is back?"

Azarial says, "Mmmm, nope.  no update."

Prisca states, "Ah yeah, it has been disabled for what feels like months now"

Kinaed claims, "Hmm, I don't know why it was disabled, but I haven't heard anyhting about fixes."

Prisca says, "I made a suggestion about it on the forums a while back, let me dig up the link"

Cee pontificates, "Poor bad guys. How are they meant to earn a living!"

Kinaed questions, "So I'd htink it's not coming back in the very near future. Happy to take ideas on the forums and - Temi add that to Staff Talking points?"

Temi muses, "I don't see a bug on the bug board or a new spec to discuss... it might have gotten lost track of?"

Iorel claims, "I might try to think up something to suggest as well."

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi finishes her note.

Prisca questions, "Https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1770"

Kinaed claims, "And chances are I was told why it was disabled and it went in one ear and out the other, so my apologies about it being overlooked."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks"

Ivar claims, "That's kind've confusing"

Kinaed states, "Okay, Theodora, you're up next :)"

Ivar asks, "Why was the wary affect added if we don't have backstab?"

Prisca grins at Ivar. 

Kinaed says, "I think it was added long before backstab disappeared."

Theodora says, "I'd like to bring up something related to the Noble Project spec. At present, there isn't a way to directly add your IP to a project as a Gentry, only as a noble. I'd like to ponder that having consideration. One is that I think that goes against the idea of Gentry as "social nobility" if you are meant to be able to influence society as Gentry. Two - that's putting a lot of OOC trust in the other person where instead that IP isn't used for something else codewise when RP wise it's meant to represent something very specific. I can see that potentially getting potentially hinky around election times. Three is, given that at the least Bards have special interactions with the Noble Spec, having Bards able to support/subvert Projects I'd think would go with their ability to do so to rumors as well, like essentially being able to give something good or bad press. "

Prisca claims to Kinaed, "It was since it was disabled."

Kinaed says, "Weird."

Ivar states, "I think that's why it was disabled, actually"

Ivar states, "Was something like the wary effect was needed"

Safir has lost link.
Safir has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "I think it's appropriate to give the IP to the noble in question, not trusting them to use it properly strikes me as ... weird and unlikely to really be an issue."

Ivar states, "I'm not a fan of Gentry being able to influence a noble project directly, admittedly. I think this is really meant to be something where folks should be forced to work with the Nobility to influence it."

Prisca states to Theodora, "Use your social influence to influence the nobles"

Kinaed nods at Ivar.

Yeto claims, "Oof. forgot that system was released"

Iorel states, "I think the problem Theodora is talking about is that there's nothing requiring the noble to use the IP a gentry gives them with the RP understanding it's the gentry contributing to the project, as actually for the project."

Kinaed claims, "The intent here is to create RP for nobles, so nobles should have something to RP about, get out and talk to people about, trying to drum up support. People hearing about it, supporting it with IP without ever RPing about it, etc... that's a system with less value add for intent, which is why it's how it is."

Dvi is no longer idle.

Azarial wonders, "If you cannot trust them, then whya re you giving them the IP?"

Dvi has returned from AFK.

Ivar trails off, "The idea is the noble wants to sway the project in court. Folks give them their influence to make a move and the player puts that backing into something. If the person put trust into the person with it, and the person uses that trust and breaks it, well...."

(visnet) Player Lilikoi: Is the meeting still going?

Azarial claims, "Roleplay wiht them more until you can trust them, or find someone else to work with on projects."

Kinaed claims, "I think that'd be implicit, and there's also not a million things to spend IP on, so I think the person not using the IP for their project would be rare."

Ivar says, "Don't give it to them again. You were burned, and it reflects extremely poorly on the noble"

Kinaed nods at Ivar.

Edwin muses, "Are Gentry really social nobility though? I always thought they were just loaded and more a pain in the noble's rearend?"

Temi has transferred Lilikoi.  [OOC]

Ivar says, "They aren't."

Azarial claims, "Gentry are not social nobility"

Temi gives a nude, white chocolate dame with deftly positioned dishes to Lilikoi.

Theodora says, "That's a phrase used in helpfiles."

Azarial claims, "Social nobs are nobs wihtout a title and domain."

Kinaed says, "Social nobility are the non-titled members of a noble family, like the heir of the Duke's brother."

Edwin claims, "That's what I thought"

Theodora says, "So if that's not true, I'll submit some helpfiles for getting a peek then."

Temi claims, "Yeah, probably ought to be fixed in typos"

Prisca nods.

Ivar ponders.

Theodora states, "Maybe that's from when Gentry would be Courtiers."

Kinaed states, "Gentry are the bourgois - people who have earned enough money to act like they're nobles."

Ivar says, "I have a bit of an idea."

Edwin states, "YOU ARE NOT SOCIAL NOBILITY YOU ARE JUST RICH JUST BE HAPPY BEING RICH"

Iorel says, "That's not a typo; I was told that Gentry are considered social nobility by staff before."

Edwin is broke always.

Temi states, "Typos are also updates"

Lethanavir is even more broke.

Edwin sobs.

Iorel states, "Mmk."

Lethanavir comforts Edwin. 

Temi states, "We may have been in a different state that made that seem like it was true, but other things have become clear"

Ivar says, "Could we maybe get a helpfile on a general outline regarding noble rights and who can affect them and in what legitimate capacity? I feel like this can go a long way to help with player perception on some thematic things."

Temi says, "Or staff could have been confused"

Kinaed says, "Staff aren't perfect. No idea who told you what, but social nobility are not gentry."

Iorel queries, "'help noble rights' ?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ivar finishes abruptly, "Like for example - Justiciar can investigate a Noble but they can't prosecute them, that's up to the Baronial council once the investigation is submitted"

Edwin asks, "Social nobility are untitled nobles who are married off to titled ones, yes?"

Kinaed nods at Edwin.

Edwin says, "The gentry don't have any real power, just real money."

Kinaed states to Edwin, "Usually. The 2nd sons and daughters."

Temi says, "And the power that money can buy."

Temi grins at Edwin.

Kinaed claims, "Money is real power :)"

Edwin states, "Got it."

Prisca claims, "So you could say titled nobles are anti-social."

Theodora asks, "But aren't folks not allowed to make untitled nobles anymore?"

Edwin says, "I'm good with that."

Lethanavir trails off, "I need money..."

Kinaed snickers.

Dvi begins to count their money.

Temi says, "Untitled nobles are possible.  Heirs are not"

Kinaed says, "As I understand it, only heirs are not allowed at the moment."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ivar says, "I don't think untitled nobility is an issue to make, it's just that titled are the ones currently appable."

Dvi muses, "Out of curiosity, why? "

Theodora asks, "What's the difference there, functionally?"

Temi states, "Though we'll consider the balance of titles and not in approving apps"

Temi says, "Heirs generally want to move up into their new titled position eventually, and we don't have the mechanisms for that sorted"

Prisca questions, "Is making an untitled noble just a normal request like savages, or is it an app thing like titled?"

Kinaed states, "Handling issues - they are due to inherit... when? Often we get things like requests to kill off someone's father because they want to be the Marquis now ... when it's convenient."

Kinaed nods.

Dvi exclaims, "Gotcha! "

Edwin claims, "You just can't be heir to the throne, right."

Kinaed queries, "Convenient to them has frequently been 'I'm in trouble ICly and need a boost, how do I get it?'"

Temi says, "Untitled nobles also take noble applications"

Kinaed claims, "So we want to work out how people move up in an arbitrary way."

Temi says, "And slots"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Edwin claims, "I'm not going to be untitled when Edwin dies. Just saying."

Temi finishes abruptly, "Of which there is still one open - that titled nob could be it"

Iorel asks, "Functionally, though, there's no actual advantage of being titled vs untitled, is there? The same IP gains, same rights, same everything, just without having to 'care' as much?"

Edwin claims, "Ser Lordybloomers is going to be so so much more than a half savage."

Iorel states, "I guess in this current event there's a clear advantage"

Kinaed states, "I think there are some advantages."

Azarial says, "Having a title puts yopu above the untitled"

Theodora states, "Sometimes we already have some trouble with that, as everyone writes their story as their entire family being dead which leaves some curiousities when that character themselves dies or liquidates."

Temi says, "Titles are attached to the city council votes"

Iorel grins at Theodora.

Prisca questions, "Do untitled nobles get a free tier 2 asset too?"

Iorel pontificates to Temi, "Aha, right!"

Kinaed states, "I don't believe Social Nobility are on the council, for example"

Iorel nods.

Temi states, "And titled nobles are also the one that get the asset, yeah"

Prisca nods.

Edwin claims, "Social nobility are Gentry who are directly related to people who matter."

Theodora muses, "How many noble apps are open at any one time?"

Iorel states, "Gotchya. I'd also hope that PCs rp that titled nobilities are more important than untitled ones, but sadly 'help precedence' seems to usually only be a helpfile of convenience for many. :("

Azarial says, "The children of social nobolity are gentry, iirc.  social nobility are still technically nobs"

Temi nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "So.. we've actually gotten through all of the registered topics - so we can go back to the combat one, or we can discuss other things? Or we can wrap up early. :)"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi says, "Social nobility have to marry back into a title to keep noble status"

Edwin says to Iorel, "From where I sit, I have to lick everyone's boots."

Prisca states, "Thought to bring up my hounds topic up for discussion here if there's time"

Lilikoi sneezes loudly.

Lethanavir states, "Bless you"

Lilikoi collects a tissue from somewhere.

Prisca asks, "Https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1800"

Iorel claims, "On the topic of combat -- I mentioned it before, but I really do wish there was more functional difference, that players could see, between weapon classes. Different types of sub-weapons, with maybe slightly different damage rolls, or attatching a single 'special move' to a weapon type when at, say, rank 50 with the weapon or something. Right now it just seems to be a flavor point, which is fine and all, but makes combat feel more shallow than it could with a bit of further developement."

Edwin declares, "To lili Stop stealing my tissues, Kiki!"

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Kinaed says, "I saw that. I don't know how doable it is at this point in time."

Lilikoi states to Edwin, "Finders keepers, buddy. :D"

Iorel nods.

Vlora claims, "I do remember the combat system of years past... I can't quite remember how it worked. You had to use special commands in your emote to do certain things? I remember it being a bit obtuse though."

Vlora claims, "Or did I just dream that"

Temi claims, "Very obtuse, and prone to just spamming the same super-emotes."

Azarial claims, "Very obtuse and very poorly balanced."

Temi nods at Vlora.

Prisca states to Vlora, "That was a thing."

Iorel nods.

Kinaed claims, "There were keywords that you used in your emotes, yep."

Azarial claims, "It was almost entirely keyword driven, right down to the armor."

Edwin claims, "That sounds stupid."

Kinaed states, "The code looked for you to use them in certain order, but it got weird because players would then type stuff like cmote lunges for a quick, slashing jab."

Temi states, "There's reasons we didn't stick with it."

Temi grins.

Edwin muses, "What's a slashing jab?"

Temi claims, "Even though it was cool in its own way."

Kinaed trails off, "Oh, I have an anonymous request/topic come in..."

Temi claims, "That's the problem."

Temi nods at Edwin.

Prisca claims to Edwin, "Well, it was well intentioned, and better than the stock Diku combat code it began with"

Lilikoi says, "I was never able to make head or tail of it. All my combat peeps sucked in those days."

Dvi claims, "Changing combat without completely screwing up balance will be tough"

Kinaed states, "Also, there were so few keywords, all the emotes started to look alike."

Dvi claims, "Though right now it's not that balanced "

Edwin says, "I just want shields to not suck."

Kinaed asks, "From a player: I don't know how to bring this up, but I have had a number of scenes lately of running into people idling where they just pop back on an osay about not really being about and then go AFK/IAW. I don't know the solution here, but maybe if people need/want to idle, not in public? As it's slightly awkward?"

Vlora asks, "If someone is idling in public they should just log off, because what is the point otherwise? You're just being rude :S"

Azarial states, "Shields nerf specific weapons."

Temi states, "Officially, if you're there, you're ICly there"

Iorel says, "If you're not able to be around, you should leave and log off, yes."

Kinaed says, "Honestly, I'm of a mind that I prefer people just suck it up that it's awkward - it's not the end of the world - because idling in public is still more likely to generate RP than idling in a private place."

Kinaed claims, "But if you're genuinely not around, I don't know why you'd be logged in at all, esp in public."

Empena is idle.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cee says, "I've personaly had more issues with making my character too unnapproachable to really get stuck into this game than other players (mostly). However, when it does stick, it's good fun."

Iorel says, "I read the complaint as, say, 'not being able to RP' but sitting in a tavern / crossroads and effectively spying on people, or soaking up RPXP (which I think you get for being in a room with RP happening) while not contributing."

Cee states, "I'm just sticking it up until I truly mesh in, and hoping it comes soon ;)"

Kinaed states, "You need to emote to get into the rpxp"

Temi states, "You need to have at least emoted once in the span yourself to get rpxp, yeah"

Yeto claims, "Or just think"

Vlora states, "This is giving me flashbacks of that habitual idle player who had a bazillion accounts."

Kinaed claims, "Idling around in a tavern strikes me as entirely appropriate for a public place."

Azarial states, "And you don;t get much for just one emote in a span."

Ivar wonders to Azarial, "Shields nerf weapons? As in the shield user is weaker with said weapons or shields cause certain weapons to do less damage to the user?"

Iorel states, "Really? -- I know my prompt says RPXP is 'low' just for going into a room with RP"

Temi nods at Iorel.

Iorel states, "Though I guess you don't get RPXP with afk/iaw flag on."

Iorel nods at Temi.

Iorel says, "Kk"

Temi claims, "It doesn't count towards in-rp time"

Temi says, "I haven't actually checked no rpxp trickles in, but pretty sure it doesn't"

Azarial states, "It nerfs weapons used against you.  all defenses do.  and all weapons nerf a defense."

Azarial says, "While afk or iaw, no rpxp should be earned"

Kinaed says, "That player didn't get in trouble for idling in public scenes though, they got in trouble for dropping out of RP in private scenes, then going to go RP with other people, leaving people in a lurch."

Ivar claims, "I don't really get the shields suck argument, mostly because you -have- to have a shield to use the block combat skill. They have a definitive mechanical benefit."

Azarial nods at Ivar.

Iorel states, "I know in AFK / IAW it doesn't, yeah, and that's reflected in prompt."

Prisca states to Ivar, "They cause certain weapons do do less damage. but that's the same with all of the defenses, they have strengths and weaknesses vs different weapons"

Iorel claims to Ivar, "The 'block' defense works best against weapons that most players don't seem to use, I think is the argument."

Ivar says, "Wot"

Ivar says, "I always pictured it being one of the best against swords"

Azarial claims, "That;s not a problem code can fix"

Edwin states, "That's not really it."

Kinaed states, "Hey guys, we have five minutes until wrap-up. Maybe a tad less."

Dvi claims, "That's true with all the defenses"

Edwin says, "And it's not."

Ivar boggles.

Dvi claims, "Parry has been the best defense for a while"

Edwin states, "It's fine. Forget I said anything."

Edwin states, "Parry is best for swords"

Ivar says, "That's dumb."

Kinaed claims, "I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to take the time to post a review on TMC or Reddit."

Edwin claims, "Shielfs nerf axes and arrows and thrown stuff."

Kinaed claims, "For those who have, if you let us know it, we'll give you 5 QP."

Iorel claims, "I could be wrong, but I think we shouldn't discuss OOCly what weapons work against what defenses and stuff OOCly."

Temi claims, "It doesn't have to be glowing to get credit, though we certainly hope you'll let us know if you have problems here."

Kinaed nods at Iorel.

Edwin says, "I didn't realize that wasn't common knowledge."

Safir queries, "How can you discuss the utility of block as a defense choice without discussing what works wth it?"

Prisca says, "Shields have 3 things they're good at unlike most, but they are lesser-used weapons, and they're weak vs the most used weapon"

Edwin claims, "But fine."

Kinaed says, "Yes, please experiment ICly to find out what works well and what doesn't."

Edwin claims, "Forget I said anything."

Ivar says, "I don't see how block would be -weak- against swords"

Ivar states, "I could see it just not being the best."

Prisca nods at Ivar.

Dvi claims, "It's not really hard to find the info. "

Edwin claims, "It's not."

Edwin states, "I mean, I know it."

Kinaed states, "The combat system is not designed to be a perfectly realistic historical warfare system."

Edwin states, "I don't know anything."

Edwin says, "It's pretty good with shields."

Iorel declares, "Alright! closing the log and posting it!"
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information