Log of OOC Meeting 2018-05-26

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Empena states, "I have something I'd like to bring up."

Prisca claims, "I had something, but I forgot it."

Kinaed claims to Empena, "Got you. Please pre-type your topic."

Lethanavir states, "Yes, nuggets. they tend to be overcooked"

Theodora claims, "I have an idea just to mention."

Kinaed says to Prisca, "Let me know if it comes back."

Kinaed states to Theodora, "Adding you."

Kinaed states, "If you have a topic, please pre-write the introduction to it so you're ready to go when called on. If you think of a topic between now and later, just send me a tell and I'll add you to the list. I can also introduce anonymous topics on your behalf."

Kinaed states, "Okay, kicking off Staff Updates... last week I didn't do a lot, but I *did* finally do the Noble Projects spec - it's updated and sitting in this room if anyone wants to take a copy, have a read, and drop any thoughts or ideas on the pboard."

Lethanavir claims, "How do I do any of that"

Kinaed claims, "I'd appreciate if people who want to read and provide input could do so in the next two days so I can get this finalized to Az for programming."

Kinaed states to Lethanavir, "Type 'get project' then 'read project' then 'read 01' 'read 02' etc to read the book."

Prisca says, "Wanted to check the price for subversion"

Kinaed says, "The book is on the floor in this room."

Lethanavir gets Noble Projects Spec.

Dvi starts to move towards the south and east.

Dvi gets Noble Projects Spec.

Kinaed claims to Prisca, "I think it was as many IP as you felt like putting towards it."

Kinaed claims, "And you can pool with others to subvert or support the project."

Prisca nods, "More of, how much IP for 1 IP of subversion, the way it's written sounds like 1 IP gives a 2 IP hurdle?

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Kinaed claims, "Yep, that's what it says now. I'm open to other thoughts and whatnot from anyone. This is just a first pass draft."

Kinaed says, "So that's what I did this week. If you have no idea what noble projects are, I recommend picking up the specification on the floor of this room and having a read. Please pboard me inconguencies, concerns, ideas, etc."

Steven gets Noble Projects Spec.

Prisca says, "I was thinking more the other way around, 2 IP for a 1 IP hurdle. Make it so it'd take more people to pool against subversion, like it takes to pool for support"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Kinaed states, "Please pboard me that and I'll consolidate the input I have. :) "

Steven wonders, "Will the current Seneschal equivalent also be able to see who the contributors are, etc, like the Troubs?"

Kinaed says to Steven, "No."

Kinaed says, "We didn't discuss that."

Steven states, "Might be a good idea, since it'd tie them further into these things."

Prisca claims, "Would make sense."

Kinaed claims, "A long time ago, we had the idea that the Seneschal might have a specia power or command for projects, either to endorse or kill them, but that's not clarified here."

Prisca claims, "Though could be worked out with the troubs"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Steven says, "Oooh"

Steven states, "That'd be interesting. Being able to endorse or kill it for extra umph."

Prisca nods.

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Steven states, "But needing to court Troubadours and such to learn info on it"

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Prisca declares, "Free food for the poor? Not in my city! *veto*"

Theodora flutters her lashes at Steven. 

Kallon sits there in all his Bardic glory, " Court me."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so that is what I worked on this week. Still on my plate: Jail Automation and Forum review."

Steven claims, "I'd rather court Norrig."

Steven says, "He's sexiest."

Nadya says, "2nd'd."

Prisca is starting to wonder if jail automation is a running gag. ;)

Steven states, "Nadya gets me."

Kinaed claims, "It looks like Az might not be with us today."

Kinaed says, "Quickly checking the change boards."

Kallon claims, "I have a monkey."

Lethanavir states, "No one will court you kallon until yu get your first tip. Get your priorities straight."

Kinaed claims, "A fix to Somnii Succedaneum may have changed how that spell works. Players will be unable to improve stats in chargen now as we found some players were creating, maxing their stats with improve to see what they got, and recreating."

Edwin states, "Oh... not so paranoid at all really <.<"

Edwin glances at Nadya. 

Kinaed says, "That's pretty much it. Also, we're hoping to shepard in some changes (which will be announced ICly and OOCly when the time is right) to the Seneschal role, which is why we paused the bids, but the IC situation was good timing to allow that to give Az programming time."

Kinaed claims, "So I think that covers code changes this week. Temi, you're up. :)"

Temi says, "More fallout on this whole dead queen thing, mostly."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed questions, "I hear there's a funeral planned?"

Temi declaims, "Yep!  Aiming for Monday, to actually get some different people an accessible time while we have a holiday in the US"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "If you want to be involved in planning what happens, let me know.  I have a few people who have reached out on that"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Thank you for proactively contacting us if you're keen to participate."

Temi states, "I also intend to be available this long weekend for more plots and NPCs as needed to get this story stuff moving, but I'm also oncall for my 100ish person team at work, so if anything breaks... I have to take care of that."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lethanavir asks, "I'll be honest and say that I have basically no clue as to what is going on so...go for it?"

Kinaed grins at Lethanavir.

Temi claims, "There's info about what people would generally know on the IC Events board, and I'm sure there's lots of people who would be all too happy to tell you IC"

Temi grins.

Kinaed says to Lethanavir, "Temi's been running the 'Queen was poisoned at her wedding plot, now what happens next, and can we get a new monarch' plot lines."

Temi says, "No, no, her sister's wedding."

Temi states, "But mostly that."

Kinaed states, "Oh, her sister's wedding. See? Clearly, I am not paying attention."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Prisca grins.

Lethanavir trails off, "The queen has a sister..."

Temi nods at Lethanavir.

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Niamh's turn?"
Temi claims to Lethanavir, "The princess Celeste.  She was the crying girl in the death scene."

Prisca claims, "Sister and a brother, who's rumored to be in jail now."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Niamh states, "This was mostly a catchup week for me. Nothing new on my plate, just focusing on making progress with existing projects - the astral grid and cultural artwork styles have been the big ones. On the latter there's only one left and I'm eager for input. I've had some ideas (it's the Vandagan one that's left to do) from players but nothing that grabbed me as the "Oooh, THAT'S the one!" yet. Pboards to Niamh with ideas on a thematic Vandagan art style - something that is culturally unique to their artists - would be very welcome."

Lethanavir states, "Okay, and at the reception of that wedding, queen died"

Niamh states, "I suppose I did do the game sweep for appropriate mobiles to set to aggressive then actioned that, then have been doing... maintenance since then, to make it more realistic/manageable."

Temi nods at Lethanavir.

Niamh states, "That's it for me"

Lethanavir says, "I'm finally getting to grips with the story"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Temi exclaims, "Oh, also!  I added a Who's Who post on the forums, for anyone else who is lost"

Prisca declaims, "Vandagan architecture! stone hearths and stuff"

Vlora pontificates, "Thank you for that Temi!"

Prisca declaims to Temi, "Thanks for that! It's been handy"

Niamh declaims to Prisca, "That's a neat idea. Will add it to the maybes list!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's all for Staff Updates."

Vlora states, "Now I can stop just pretending I know who I'm talking about"

Kinaed smiles.

Temi wonders, "Https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1769"

Kinaed states, "Awesome :)"

Nadya starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Lethanavir sits down and rests.

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's everything for Staff Updates. Time for the Player Heartbeat :)"

Kinaed asks, "How has the RP been this week, folks?"

Prisca declaims, "Going pretty well! Lots of activity at the Madison now with the wilderness fix :)"

Lethanavir trails off, "Spicy. Everybody's RP is so good, and I'm just here..."

Kinaed claims, "Nice :)"

Kinaed chuckles, "I'm glad you're having fun."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to talk about how their RP was this last week? What about other stuff? Anything shitting people that they want staff to know about?"

Empena is idle.

Empena is no longer idle.
Empena has returned from AFK.

Steven states, "My rp was pretty good."

Kinaed smiles at Steven.

Steven claims, "Finally got a (hopefully) active Seneschal"

Prisca states, "I'm sure someone will want to bring up infrastructure. Long thread on the forums now"

Steven claims, "Erm not Seneschal"

Steven states, "Proconsol"

Kinaed has transferred Safir.  [OOC]

Theodora states, "I want to thank everyone who has been a good sport playing along with my new retainer."

Kinaed says to Steven, "Awesome :)"

Temi states, "Hopefully the senescahl is less active for a little while."

Temi grins at Steven.

Steven says, "Proconsul. Jesus I can never spell that right"

Edwin states, "My RP was passable. Lots of stuff to do. A whole lot of gravitas and whatnot."

Prisca queries, "Https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1774"

Edwin states, "The end."

Kinaed nods at Edwin.

Kinaed says to Prisca, "Thanks, I'll have a look after the OOC Chat."

Lethanavir claims, "I love my Rp. Can't really RP with others for very long though. I fell asleep for saty up too late while in a conversation >.>"

Kinaed comforts Lethanavir.

Steven claims, "The link Prisca just gave is a topic I started on the forum."

Kinaed claims, "I think we've all been there."

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Nadya finishes his note.

Lethanavir claims, "Time differences suck"

Temi says to Lethanavir, "We love having you here, but we do recommend the nightly sleep, at least usually."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nadya claims, "Niamh, I'd just like to say, your current ideas on cultural designs are great."

Steven wonders to Nadya, "Aren't they?"

Nadya says, "And the restored antiques are amazing."

Dvi has lost link.

Steven muses, "Did you see the artwork stuff?"

Nadya states, "-Almost able to craft it-"

Lethanavir blushes

Dvi has reconnected.

Niamh pontificates to Nadya, "Thanks!"

Steven states, "Man, with Nadya back, the Physicians might be one of our most active guilds in the game."

Kinaed has transferred Carroway.  [OOC]

Nadya states, "And just reading some of these logs-- Shout out to anyone pupetting the NPCs. That seems like a clusterfuck. @_@"

Empena says, "Probably a good thing with you all getting munched on."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, just got distracted by someone contacting me outside of game."

Nadya pontificates, "Steven!"

Nadya huffs, "No making Nadya blush."

Steven states, "Rofl"

Kinaed says, "Anyone else want to give us an overview of their week and anything they want staff to know about before we kick off Player Topics."

Steven states, "I'd like to give a special thanks to Temi for running the clusterfuck of awesome we had at the palace."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Glad to help."

Edwin says, "My week was awesome. I'm liquidating and rerolling for better stats."

Edwin nods.

Steven says, "Not every day you get to commit treason."

Kinaed states, "You can recommend staff with the recommend command, by the way."

Prisca says, "I had a giggle at the jail/bathhouse mix-up posted to the funny ti quotes."

Nadya trails off, "Edwin..."

Kinaed says, "I'll have to read that."

Lethanavir says, "Edwin will get that wisdom check one day"

Edwin laughs.

Temi exclaims to Prisca, "They were really close numbers!"

Edwin states, "Holy crap, I roll SO BADLY"

Nadya says, "Please tell me that's a joke."

Edwin says, "It is."

Nadya states, "Thank -god-."

Lethanavir declares, "I know! Join the club"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, if that's all for Player Heartbeat, we have Player Topics next. At the top of my list is Empena. :) Empena, won't you introduce us to your topic?"

Nadya states, "I was gonna scold you like I was a mama bear. You RP too good for that."

Steven says, "Gogo Empenada"

Empena says, "With the increase in wounds caused by the renewed vigor in critters, I'd like to query if there was a decision made about the requested staff talking point about adding crafts to create some of the healing items Physicians currently don't have crafts for - IE, the various healing kits or rolls of bandages to reduce spam et al. As given how often people are getting wounded, without a way to get that cost in balance that might be a bit difficulty. It would also, IMHO provide some more balance to the physical wounds aspect of Medicine. Having some higher-level Physician only receipes to make better "quality" IE - more use items like that would be keen too.

Which added to that: Given that 'Diagnose' is a Physicians only ability but 'Treat' is not, sort of like the split in Merchants skills on where things are based on Guilding adding some of those things might also allow a shift of recipes wherein things below 36 are for wounds et al - Field Triage, wherein upper level things are the Humor balancing et al which is a bit more involved for RP and lore/theme et al. And I'd like to argue that diagnosing those things without actually having the coded ability to do that might be a bit ... funky."

Steven states, "Oh oh oh I have an idea"

Kinaed says, "I don't really handle crafting of any sort, so I'll leave that question to Niamh/Temi."

Steven states, "I have an idea"

Steven claims, "Me me pick me"

Kinaed asks of Steven, "Yes?"

Steven states, "How about a free crate of medical supplies for having a good city metric health stat? o.o"

Vlora states, "Arrest the wounds for unlawful behavior "

Nadya claims, "That... Actually sounds pretty dandy."

Lethanavir claims, "Good idea"

Steven claims, "Or maybe making said crate available for a rather easy to obtain price. Contains a stock of most of the normal medical stuff they'd use."

Temi states, "I don't recall if we discussed that at all.  I dont' remember it"

Temi says, "It might be still on the list."

Kinaed says, "I don't recall it either."

Niamh says, "It was a loooong while ago."

Prisca muses to Empena, "Spools of bandages can be made. I know surgical kits aren't craftable though. What others? splinting kits I think?"

Kinaed says, "But my brain sometimes shuts down on things when I pass them off to others, as crafts inevitably get passed off."

Empena says, "Splinting kits, surgery kits, and the embalming kit."

Prisca claims, "Seems like a good thing for craft crossover. splinting kits could use pieces made by woodworking and tailoring, surgery by jeweling (needles) and leatherworking (catgut)"

Prisca questions, "Jeweling and... maybe brewing for embalming?"

Temi says, "I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but I do think there should be items which people can't craft, whether it's ingredients, etc."

Empena claims, "I could come up with a suggestion and put it on the forums for recipe(s) that did that, if it would help."

Kinaed states, "Go ahead. It's good to have a record of those things so we can process them."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Prisca states, "I should mention, catgut wasn't actually made from cats in most cases. think it was from sheep"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Kinaed muses, "Maybe typo that?"

Carroway questions, "Can I ask why you don't want everything to be craftable? Is it just balance? NPC relevance?"

Safir says to Prisca, "Damnit, I want to start butchering cats. "

Prisca grins at Safir. 

Empena states, "Should, we can repeat the Kitten Mass."

Lethanavir asks, "What did cats ever do to you?"

Nadya says, "Kitten Mass is one helluva lore entry."

Safir says, "Looked at me funny."

Lethanavir laughs

Kinaed grins at Nadya.

Kinaed claims, "That's a real player story."

Safir states, "Not to detract, but someone just asked why does it need to be cartable."

Nadya claims, "Oh my jesus."

Safir states, "Craftable"

Kinaed claims to Nadya, "Trust me, we couldn't make something like that up."

Nadya says, "Yeah, Carroway did ask something. Sorry about derailing."

Kinaed claims, "So, in my mind, there's no reason anything shouldn't be craftable"

Temi states, "Balance, yeah.  The ability to keep things expensive.  We have policies on crafting things for much smaller costs than you can buy them for, so if there's a chain of ingredients to get to making things, it has to inflate them"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "But I don't handle crafts."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Niamh claims, "Makes sense."

Steven states, "I'd imagine it also provides a money sink"

Empena nods.

Temi nods at Steven.

Kinaed has transferred Maura.  [OOC]

Nadya says, "Yeah, I follow. Forces things to have a 'minimum' price."

Prisca says to Empena, "Just a note, all of those medical supplies are available as resources to attach to an asset."

Steven muses, "Maybe the idea for the purchasable bulk order available with city report?"

Nadya says, "There's an NPC in the Madison something like that can be attached to, using the rare respawn code, or something."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, if we've resolved Empena's topic - Theodora, you're next on the list. :) Care to introduce us to your topic?"

Temi says, "Most things will have a craftable form, but we have to stop it at some point - sometimes raw materials, sometimes higher level."

Theodora claims, "Is there any consideration that we could have 'sing' as a command seperate from 'play'? When you want to play an instrument and play at the same time, and switch off your emotes at doing both to pool and show proper skill, there is currently no way to do that as they share the same command short of removing and holding and reholding your instrument which can get a bit spammy in a scene. "

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Niamh nods.

Temi claims, "You can do it with just tags on the emotes."

Theodora claims, "Tags on the emotes don't pool though."

Steven claims, "Would be neat if you could combine them, like do a sing+play command that displays both."

Temi states, "It doesn't train it, but works for the performances, etc."

Kallon nods.

Kinaed says, "That definitely sounds like a problem - yes, we'll look into how to resolve that. Niamh, can you throw that onto Staff Talking Points. Also, I'm sorry Theodora, it may be awhile before we fix it given coding priorities at the moment."

Steven states, "That way you could sing and play your instrument in the same pose."

Prisca states to Temi, "It'll still give the proficiency message for the instrucment though"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kallon nods at Kallon. 

Niamh states, "Sure thing."

Niamh starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Theodora nods.

Temi says to Prisca, "I mean the emote - instead of the pmote."

Niamh finishes her note.

Kinaed has transferred Norrig.  [OOC]

Norrig eyes around warily.

Norrig gets Noble Projects Spec.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that was all of our agenda for today thus far."

Niamh bites Norrig's eye.

Kinaed has transferred Feye.  [OOC]

Prisca "Ah.

Niamh gives a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case to Feye.

Norrig squeals

Feye falls over.

Vlora CATCHES

Edwin opens a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case.

Feye holds a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case in her hand.

Steven wonders to Norrig, "Isn't that item awesome?"

Norrig wonders to Niamh, "Can I get a box too?"

Prisca falls off Vlora. 

Niamh gives a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case to Norrig.

Niamh trails off, "Whoops..."

Feye opens a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case.

Edwin closes a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case.

Vlora sets Prisca back on the ground.

Kinaed muses, "We have 15 minutes left, we can talk about anything anyone wants to, or we end early and all go back to our regular programming? Or... if you want to make me super awesome happy, we can pick up the new noble spec, have a read, and discuss that?"

Feye explodes.

Steven says, "Look in it dude."

Dvi is idle.

Norrig opens a fragrant wood smoking box fashioned after a woodwind case.

Steven claims, "I'd like to maybe bring up the Infrastructure post."

Safir muses, "Can I have a box?"

Nadya starts to move towards the south and east.

Feye declaims, "This is such a wonderful gift!"

Norrig wonders, "What's the reference for this one?"

Nadya gets Noble Projects Spec.

Steven states, "And see what staff thoughts on it are."

Edwin states, "I honestly don't have any idea about all of these super special crafting things."

Kinaed nods at Edwin.

Edwin says, "Or making stuff happen."

Edwin states, "My character is good at... one thing."

Kinaed states to Edwin, "Neither do I. I designed the cedit system and let the staff design the actual recipes."

Niamh states, "I think it's not unreasonable to put heads together and think of alternate consequences for low infrastructure. The thread seems to have derailed out of that a bit."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Niamh claims, "Doesn't mean they'll be implemented, but coming up with ideas is good."

Dvi is no longer idle.

Kinaed says, "I haven't even peeked at the thread. I hope it's remained civil :)"

Norrig sighs as no one answers his question.

Nadya states, "I think that the projects are a good idea, and the only critique I have is what I mentioned on the forums."

Norrig nods at Nadya.

Maura for you Norrig "http://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1774" 

Kinaed muses to Norrig, "I missed it, things spam by me quickly in the chat. What was your question?"

Steven says to Kinaed, "I like to think it has been, but I'm not a very civil person I think."

Kinaed has transferred Derfel.  [OOC]

Norrig states to Nadya, "It's a good suggestion."

Norrig says to Maura, "Thanks love."

Niamh says, "It's been pretty civil."

Maura trails off, "There hasn't been much alternatives thrown about though... "

Niamh nods.

Kinaed pontificates, "Oo! I have an anonymoust topic!"

Niamh claims, "Derailed :("

Kinaed states, "Love those. Sec."

Nadya says, "I LOVE this idea of a prestige rank."

Steven claims, "MV is just a very hm, invasive thing to penalize."

Niamh wonders, "The prestige thing is awesome, right?"

Nadya drops Noble Projects Spec.

Temi states, "I'm very curious why, if infrastructure low is so awful, that people can't get it up."

Dvi says, "Prestige rank seems super cool"

Feye has lost link.
Feye has reconnected.

Edwin states, "That happens sometimes. When a city gets older."

Kinaed claims, "Can there be consideration of letting people toggle or opt out of instantly showing up at the Madison on a knock out? The biggest thing is if you are up to covert stuff (Brotherhood/Mage), and are cloaked/masked the Physician chat still shows your description. Which ... given things, being knocked out and staying there with a non-lethal might be a better choice than the arrest/hanging/pyring."

Prisca nods at Edwin.

Steven claims, "Holy cow that's an amazing idea. I didn't see the prestige part"

Niamh states, "Oooh."

Kinaed wonders, "Incidentally, it should show your cloaked desc if you're cloaked, etc - Niamh, please bug that immediately?"

Niamh nods.

Maura claims to Temi, "It's not a matter of people not trying to Temi. People have tried over and over again to get it high, but whoever has interests in it remaining low just are too powerful to overcome"

Niamh starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Nadya claims, "An opt out could be a good option. Like... They type 'Rescue' and it adds a tag that prevents them from being moved."

Niamh finishes her note.

Prisca says, "I did want to toss out the idea before that there should be a 'madison, southside, stay' option when you're knocked out alone."

Nadya muses, "Kinda like WHoinvis?"

Kinaed wonders, "Odd that you say that, Maura, because the current report shows no one working against infrastructure. I can't vouch for past ones though. Are we sure it's not just the one that everyone ignores so it goes down as the lowest attention metric?"

Norrig states, "I meant to ask what this box referenced."

Kinaed says to Nadya, "I'm not sure I like that."

Temi states to Norrig, "Justin's flute-weapon"

Empena states, "If I had a suggestion, it would be to have low Infrastructure add things to exits like the mage walls et al, so that you can walk over them but might get hurt and could find alternate ways around them. But I'd prefer there be a physical on-grid way to deal with things rather than just IP/voting which always feels super gamey to me."

Kinaed claims, "I also have a note from a third party in the know that no one subverted infrastructure during the last Seneschal reign at all - it's just that the metrics have a zero sum system, so if people keep other things up, that'll go down."

Maura trails off to Kinaed, "City metrics and how they work are still rather unknown... So very well could be that people aren't subverting it, it's just the one code decides to shit on when everyone else is subverting or supporting other things"

Nadya says, "Ah, meant prevents them from being 'automatically' moved to the hospital. Rather than... Moved by PC."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Kinaed says to Maura, "That's right."

Nadya claims, "Just suggesting something in the vein of what was asked. If it's bad, it's bad. //shrug"

Vlora claims, "Am I the only one who's enjoying the meme of just perpetually shite roads"

Nadya says, "PFFT."

Norrig claims to Temi, "Thanks"

Safir states, "I think no one feels responsible for it so it isn't being tended to and people with IP to burn have horses and it doesn't impact them."

Kinaed states, "Let's discuss infrastructure first, then the opt out of moving to the hospital."

Prisca says to Vlora, "I hate it ICly, love it OOCly."

Temi claims, "I think people have just assumed with it being so terrible, that someone else will support it, and they can pay attention to personal things they care about more."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nadya claims, "Sorry. I thought we were on the topic, didn't notice it shift."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, you're fine. We just have more than one thing coming up at once, so I'm 'guiding the meeting' so to speak. :)"

Maura trails off to Temi, "People have tried to support it, I certainly have when I have the ip, but the next round, it just goes instantly..."

Edwin says, "As someone who is walking like a scrub from scene to scene... I can attest to this sucking."

Niamh states, "We've had metrics with a net positive in votes still go down more than any other that cycle."

Maura wonders, "Is there a actual guild who has it as it's metric?"

Niamh claims, "It's more a matter of like, everyone focusing on one thing together will get that thing up."

Kinaed says, "I think it belongs to the Council"

Empena says, "But not for long, that's sort of the trouble."

Vlora claims, "Well hopefully the next seneschal can actually try and wrangle people together to support one metric "

Kinaed nods at Vlora.

Norrig claims, "I do think a Seneschal can never have a succesful tenure on a zero sum game... projects might be the solution."

Steven says, "I don't really like that the zero sum system can push a metric down that low."
Niamh nods.

Maura trails off to Vlora, "That's kind of unfair to place it all on one person Vlora... it has been an issue for every seneschal"

Steven states, "Tbh, I've felt like I'm fighting an uphill battle with Lawfulness. It's been going down even with a few of us voting for it."

Temi says, "And feel free to petition your guildleaders that it is more important to you than your guild's metric if it's negatively impacting you."

Maura coughs

Steven says, "And, I can't tell if that's me being subverted or the zero sum stuff really hurting me"

Vlora says, "I'm just saying, maybe the next one will be able to crack it. It is their job to sorta sort out the major problems. "

Empena states, "The difficulty is that someone with inevitably fail no more how hard they work."

Norrig says to Steven, "Pay a noble to boost law"

Norrig claims to Steven, "With coin or flesh"

Norrig nods.

Empena queries, "How does that work, codedly? If everyone votes up someone still goes down, right?"

Steven says, "Well, as a Great Lord, I think I'm actually capable of doing that."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Norrig nods at Empena.

Steven claims, "Submitting a noble project"

They aren't here.

Prisca nods at Steven.

Maura claims, "Though I should point out, the topic that was brought up isn't so much that infrastructure is low, but that of all the low metrics, this one is by far the worst at hurting the game"

Norrig states, "It does mean that no one can succeed or fail as Seneschal, metrics-wise."

Kinaed says, "Noble project are bonuses on top though."

Steven says to Maura, "Agreed"

Niamh states, "Right. It was trying to brainstorm ideas for alternate penalties."

Norrig nods at Maura.

Niamh says, "Rather than upset over it being low."

Steven states, "MV is such an invasive stat to be affected."

Maura claims, "MV is tied into almost everything in this game, and no other low metric, to my knowledge, has such a wide reaching penalty"

Norrig says, "How about upping the cost of messengers ;) (expects hate)"

Temi claims, "I'm just confused if it's the worst one, why people aren't avoiding it."

Empena claims, "My suggestion was objects that cause wounds or MV dam or something you can actual pay people to fix on grid."
Last edited by Taunya on Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taunya

Sat May 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Feye queries, "Is it illegal to drink from public fountains?"

Nadya states, "Gah. Gotta take care of the dog. Just gonna... Swiggity swag, my way down."

Nadya begins to descend.

Nadya leaves down, walking smoothly and quietly.

Feye states, "Those restore MV pretty fast I think."

Niamh says, "They can make you sick, though, so be careful."

Norrig says to Temi, "Because infra doesn't impact any guild's income ;)"

Feye pontificates, "Oh!"

Maura says to Temi, "I don't know. As I've mentioned, I've tried to raise it in the past as several characters, but it just never makes any progress"

Temi states, "So, the money means more to you than the infrastructure, and.. that's a choice."

Prisca claims, "Less chance of getting sick from it when health is high"

Kinaed claims, "It affects the Council's income"

Steven claims, "Heh. Infra should affect Noble income."

Steven says, "Like, on their assets."

Norrig says to Kinaed, "Right."

Kinaed claims, "The council is a guild, and has members too."

Kallon claims, "Yeah, i posted on the forums, but current mv drain is going back to how TI used to have hunger an d thirst, not a big + in my book."

Norrig asks, "But does anyone agree with me that a Seneschal's success in a zero sum game is relegated to keeping metrics balanced?"

Kinaed nods at Norrig.

Niamh nods.

Prisca claims to Kallon, "Though that does give cooks some love."

Steven claims, "That sounds about right Norrig."

Maura trails off to Norrig, "I can't say I follow..."

Empena says, "That ICly you get blamed for something that is a coded system."

Kinaed states, "I'd agree with that, except there are wide factors so it's a very hard activity for the Seneschal to do."

Norrig hmms.

Empena asks, "What's the reason for Metrics to be zero sum?"

Lethanavir is idle.

Kinaed states to Empena, "Because additive systems inflate past balance and are not long term sustainable."

Kallon claims to Norrig, "Wouldn't know, haven't ever seen a Seneschal go past a month or so."

Niamh says, "Maybe instead of zero sum they could all decay equally over time, so they require maintenance but one thing isn't always terrible"

Edwin claims, "I think that the Hillman should be Senechal. Because we need a bigger dung fire."

Norrig says to Kallon, "We had Margaux."

Lethanavir is no longer idle.
Lethanavir has returned from AFK.

Norrig claims to Niamh, "I agree with that and for a while I thought that was the case."

Derfel begins to move north.

Dvi sneezes loudly.

Derfel slows to a halt.

Steven claims, "Margaux worked her ass off on it."

Steven states, "And it didn't do any good"

Maura nods to Steven 

Empena claims, "Or that you linger at Average longer than that."

Maura states, "As I mentioned, Infrascture has always been an issue since city metrics and the Seneschal were introduced, which leads me to believe there's another issue at hand"

Norrig states to Maura, "Just that someone worries about their own metric."

Norrig says, "And the seneschal is bad or has few guild members to fight the trend."

Prisca states, "Infra has been consistently low since the introduction, yes."

Kinaed claims, "I think it's because it has no one advocating for it."

Norrig claims, "If I let Morale drop then I get shitted for not doing my job, I get less income, and everyone gains less rp when we perform."

Norrig says to Kinaed, "Yes."

Empena says, "Because if you don't worry about your own Metric people use it as IC reason to want to Gambit you and yes that, crap on you."

Niamh ponders.

Norrig states, "So what I am doing is splitting my efforts"

Prisca muses, "If infra remains terrible another cycle, can we just burn the Lithmore city down and move to Vavard City?"

Maura claims to Kinaed, "Every other metric has a legitimate guild advocating for it. Council is made up of GLs who technically already have their own metric to worry about, and a few nobles here and there which is no guarantee"

Steven asks, "Oh jesus I just realized. LAWFULNESS is being punished because the Troubadours are making people too happy isn't it?"

Niamh grins at Steven.

Maura cough

Norrig claims, "My legal team advises me not to answer."

Steven says, "OH MY GOD I HURT MY OWN METRIC SUPPORTING THOSE FOPS"

Temi claims to Steven, "They get rambunctious, you know."

Theodora cries and wails.

Carroway begins to descend.

Carroway leaves down.

Norrig comforts Theodora with a book on debauchery.

Prisca says, "I did support infra for a while until my metric tanked. still trying to recover a month or so later."

Derfel states, "The Seneschal can just gather IP and pay people to spend it on infrastructure, though."

Kinaed states, "The metrics that take the hit are random if they're not supported. If they are supported, then it's affected in the order of the strength of people's support."

Derfel claims, "If they want to."

Norrig claims to Derfel, "Yes, if they try real hard."

Derfel claims, "(And if people do not just pocket money and IP)"

Derfel nods at Norrig.

Niamh coughs.

Norrig grins.

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, hopefully we'll see noble projects come in soon, which are purely additive, but have a limited lifespan."

Prisca nods at Kinaed.
Norrig claims to Kinaed, "Wonderful."

Maura queries to Kinaed, "So support does play a role even more in city metrics? That is something that is good to know as I always assumed votes were equal"

Kinaed says, "So I do recommend reading the Noble Projects spec, and feeding back on it (either in pboards or on the forums)"

Norrig states to Maura, "Yes send me your ip plz"

Steven says to Norrig, "I'm watching you."

Maura says, "You are a GL, you only have one vote"

Prisca claims, "I think the noble spec will go well towards solving this personally."

Norrig claims to Steven, "U my fav fam"

Niamh nods in agreement with Prisca.

Temi states, "Not regular support, city supports."

Kinaed states to Maura, "No, votes aren't equal, but I don't recall if support plays a role in terms of calculating the impact of a person's influence."

Maura claims, "Though it would be nice of second gls could vote through the use of ip"

Steven questions to Norrig, "Angry love?"

Kinaed claims, "Also, it's not a vote per se, it's 'allocating IC influence'"

Norrig states to Steven, "Yaoi"

Derfel claims, "Second GLs can vote as GLs"

Kinaed nods at Derfel.

Niamh claims, "I think she means voting personally."

Maura states to Kinaed, "Ah, I misunderstood you"

Maura nods to Niamh

Niamh says, "A random doofus low in a guild can gather 5 IP and vote, but a second GL can't without conflicting with the GL vote."

Prisca says, "Oh, I thought that was fixed."

Niamh trails off, "I don't know why I used doofus..."

Temi claims, "I thought we changed that already."

Empena wonders, "Which ... isn't what happens during a Gambit and there votes are weighted, so why aren't they for Metrics?"

Kallon is going to go.

Kallon begins to descend.

Temi states, "I thought 1st GL and 2nd GL each got their own vote"

Derfel asks of Niamh, "So if the GL and 2nd GL vote on different things, what happens? I thought each could vote separately"

Kallon leaves down.

Niamh says, "Was on the docket, but it seems to still be the case."

Temi says, "Okay, then that needs fixed."

Niamh nods.

Prisca nods.

Maura claims, "I would hope the first gl's vote overrides the 2nd gls"

Niamh states, "If it's the guild vote, yes, but the second GL should be able to gather IP independently and do a personal vote."

Kinaed claims, "I think either GL's preference overrides the other's. They can direct their guild."

Kinaed states, "Should work in tandem"

Steven claims, "I'll whip my 2GL if he votes against Law"

Steven states, "Publicly."

Kinaed says, "I think anyone can gather IP and do a personal vote."

Steven claims, "That's how I'll fix -that-"

Niamh declaims to Steven, "You'll never know!"

Empena muses, "But how would you know if he does?"

Norrig says to Steven, "I will sell t-shirts about it"

Temi says to Kinaed, "ONly if they don't have their own vote."

Maura claims to Kinaed, "I don't see how a second gl could when it ues the exact same syntax"

Kinaed says, "I think GLs in general may not be able to because they put their influence behind a metric already."

Edwin states, "My character is good at... one thing."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Edwin states, "Ignore that"

Kinaed claims, "I don't see a GL going 'okay, I'm going to vote for infrastructure for my guild, but I'll vote for morale for myself' - we'll almost always just get a GL doing 2x the power votes - Infrastructure for my guild, infrastructure for myself, dust off hands, I count 2x as much as any other player."

Kinaed claims, "So I think that's why we didn't do that."

Empena muses, "So don't allow double ups?"

Kinaed claims, "And the way the voting system works, voting for two metrics just dilutes both votes."

Maura states, "That wasn't even what was really being discussed kinaed"

Kinaed claims, "I don't think we should allow it, period, which is why we don't."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, I was just responding to what I saw. The OOC Chat gets spammy for me, so I miss things."

Maura says to Kinaed, "We were referring specifically to 2nd gls who don't get a vote if the 1st gl votes already"

Maura says, "And wondering if IP could be used so they could get a vote"

Temi states, "Originally, 1st GLs and 2nd GLs shared one vote, on behalf of their guild.  We decided as staff that they should each get their own vote.  I thought that had been done.  Niamh's saying that is not the case yet."

Niamh nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Prisca nods. "A vote as a council member rather than one vote for the guild"

Safir is idle.

Kinaed states, "Probably just a matter of it not getting to the front of the code queue."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "We can action that, I imagine"

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Want to look for it in the bug queue and bump it?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Safir is no longer idle.

Safir has returned from AFK.

Edwin asks, "I have a stupid question. What if I make a character who is a mason. And then I spend hours RPing carefully cutting stonework to build new street cobbles?"

Kinaed claims, "Omg, I have to go - we're way over time, and I have a meeting in 15 min IRL."

Edwin states, "Wil- Nevermind"

Kinaed muses to Temi, "Can you take over for me please?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Niamh states, "I think I need to bolt also. Just about dinner time."

Dvi is idle.

Prisca declares, "Oop. See you Kin!"

Kinaed declaims, "Thanks!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Thanks for coming everyone!"

Temi questions, "Do we have anyting else people need to go over for now?"

Kinaed sinks into her own shadow and disappears. [OOC]

Prisca queries, "We still had the anon topic? moving it to next week?"

Edwin says, "Nope."

Norrig states to Edwin, "Metrics aren't affected by rp or STs"

Temi claims, "It may be better to discuss the hospital topic once we have everyone again, yeah."

Lethanavir states, "Nuggets"

Derfel begins to move up.

Edwin states, "To norrig That kind of... bites."

Derfel looks around for something to climb, then gives up.

Vlora is idle.

Empena states, "I think the last person who tried that got hung."

Norrig states to Edwin, "Yep."

Derfel claims, "Metrics can be changed via RP through RPA, I think, but it is not the first option suggested."

Prisca says, "I checked, that's no longer allowed."

Edwin says, "Because I'd totally play Marvin Masonson... street fixer."

Temi states, "We encourage there to be RP behind city supports, but we don't let plots or RP replace city supports anymore."

Vlora is no longer idle.
Vlora has returned from AFK.

Derfel claims, "Ahhh good to know"

Norrig grins at Edwin.

Temi states, "So, if you are cutting masonry stones, feel free to use that as the IC what you're doing when you city support infrastructure"

Temi states, "But that support needs to be in there."

Edwin says, "I get it."

Prisca claims, "Noble projects are a good alternative, once it gets implemented"

Edwin says, "From what I've seen they might be."

Prisca says, "Just a temporary bonus, like the plots did"

Derfel has lost link.

Edwin claims, "It's just not a thing I'm involved with."

Steven states, "I really like the idea of prestige."

Steven claims, "The coded payout benefit gives an incentive mechanically to curry favor with people."

Temi says, "We used to do it with RPAs and plots, and that was the first thing people were jumping to and refusing to actually RP out with the city supports, so we decided to move away from that"

Temi nods at Steven.

Steven says, "+ the bragging rights with the actual prestige levels"

Feye is idle.

Temi asks, "Okay.. shall we go ahead and wrap up then, or anything else?"

Prisca claims, "I also like how the bonus will last through the usual metric shifts, don't think the old way did that"

Norrig says, "Hmm. I was wondering"

Prisca states, "Think we're done here."

Prisca looks to Norrig. 

Edwin states, "I'm good."

Norrig claims, "If a quick system can be implemented to remind people of birthdays :3"

Norrig claims, "I never see bday celebrations"

Norrig states, "Like, a calendar reminder"

Safir says to Norrig, "Maybe you just don't get an invite."

Temi claims, "I think time just moves too fast a lot of the time."

Temi grins.

Lethanavir says, "I like that"

Prisca claims, "Ah. I keep note of Priscas, but never celebrate it for IC reasons. It would be neat to have a calendar system like the Amity thing though"

Niamh claims to Safir, "SNap"

Norrig says to Safir, "Maybe I will send you a Bardic Black Ops team"

Edwin says, "I will tell no one of my IC birthday."

Vlora states, "But I'll make cake D:"

Empena says, "Just as a reminder, my birthday is also my wedding anniversary, please send gifts."

Norrig says to Temi, "Something manually entered, not only for bdays"

Safir says to Norrig, "I could use a snack."

Temi wonders, "An IC date reminder?"

Niamh claims, "OoOoOOoo"

Prisca nods at Temi.

Norrig claims, "Yeah  Like remind octobris 17 My wedding anniversary"

Edwin states, "Something like that wouldn't suck."

Prisca says, "Something like the login thing that shows holidays coming up"

Niamh states, "<3."

Norrig claims, "remind maius 4 Farra's execution"

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Edwin says, "Remind decembris 12 the day I liquidate and reroll for stats."

Temi says, "I'll put it on the staff discussion list"

Norrig states, "Okay, that was it. Just a neat little thing to encourage gifts and buying things from merchants. And the associated rp."

Prisca claims, "Good idea."

Norrig claims, "Or hire a bardic mariachi crew for your beloved <3"

Norrig Ay ay ayayyyy canta y no lloreees
  Norrig appears to be proficient at singing.

Temi declares, "Okay, time to send everyone back then!"

Temi waves.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:44 am

So much easier to read now, formatted game-style. Very nice.
Old As Dirt

• Information