Log of OOC Meeting 2018-05-19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Temi questions, "Now then, our agenda for today may look familiar, 1)  Staff updates, 2)  Player heartbeat, 3) Player topics. Before we get started, does anyone want to get any topics on the list for the player topics section?"

Empena says, "I have one to raise for the Physicians as a collective."

Prisca says, "I'll toss one in."

Temi says, "Okay, sounds good.  If anyone else comes up with anything you want to include, just let me know and I'll put you on the list. For those already on it, please have your topics prepared."

Temi wonders, "So, staff updates!  Kin, did you want to start, if you aren't currently possessed?"

Kinaed says, "Still possessed and on call with Razer techsupport. Please continue."

Niamh states to Temi, "'Vnum holy water' did nothing. If-"

Temi nods.

Temi wonders, "Okay, Az?"

Azarial states, "I;ve been clearing off the buglist and made decent hedway this week.  either niamh has been keeping up wiht the news, or she hasn;t dropped the boom on me yet and hasn;t hit the change board."

Temi grins.

Azarial claims, "The big one I think is embellish.  not a guild command."

Temi nods.

Niamh claims to Azarial, "They're on the completed board! No boom this week."

Azarial states, "Good; I don;t duck well.  <_<"

Niamh grins.

Temi states, "Yeah, big thing is embellish."

Temi says, "I think most of the others are bug fixes."

Steven states, "Here I expected her to say "oops forgot to post these 40 things""

Azarial claims, "Almost thirty net notes, though."

Temi claims, "Embellish still needs some other staff work, but you can start enjoying it as is."

Azarial states, "I'm getting closer on having recipes work with sips of liquids instead of whole bottles, though"

Temi asks of Niamh, "I think jeweling, art and woodworking was what was ready?"

Niamh claims to Azarial, "Would be faster if I stopped eating the test supplies."

Steven asks, "Question about Embellish?"

Temi nods at Steven.

Niamh claims to Temi, "Yes. Also this is what I get for pre-writing my update."

Niamh grins at Temi.

Steven questions, "If I make a decorated cabinet, etc, with woodworking, is that essentially an embellished item?"

Azarial claims to Niamh, "Shift-del so you can paste it back."

Temi claims, "A decorated cabinet would probably be an embellishable item."

Niamh nods.

Temi claims, "Embellish is essentially a way to add more decorations than just the basic 1 included with the pattern."

Temi states, "So if you can add jewels or gold leaf, you make it with one, and embellish with the other."

Steven questions, "Ah, so if I wanted to make a ring that has more than one type of gem?"

Temi nods at Steven.

Steven claims, "Okay that's pretty cool"

Steven states, "Time to make myself a crown full of rubies and diamonds"

Temi states, "Right, yep!  But you can't embellish a plain ring with jewels.  You'd need to make the jeweled pattern."

Edwin trails off, "I'm going to have the prettiest tiara..."

Temi says, "Niamh and I have plans to chat over the other crafts soon."

Empena muses, "Is there a plan at some point that Cooking will have the ability to embellish, I don't know, fancy decorated cakes or whatnot? Or the high end stuffs?"

Temi says, "That'll be in Niamh and I's chat"

Steven queries, "Gem studded codpieces?"

Empena nods.

Edwin highfives Steven 

Empena claims, "Please arrest yourself for fashion crimes."

Temi exclaims, "Okay, so, my update!"
Niamh nods at Empena.

Steven claims, "Oh my god, I literally am the fashion police because of sumptuary"

Temi says, "I killed a Queen, nothin' big."

Niamh laughs.

Prisca nods.

Azarial muses, "...have you cooked her up yet?"

Niamh states, "Yeah no big deal. Temi's a murderer but it's cool."

Edwin says, "I just want to say. I cried. For real."

Temi states, "But my entire last weekend was full of event-running, and a little more fall out over this week."

Prisca says, "I sent Temi rec for that already. Queenie had it coming."

Temi states, "I'm expecting to put out another update today after we get some input from players on who did it."

Temi says, "But - we're leading up to some further big events, with hopefully some schisms, Samael versus Harmon."

Steven smiles.

Niamh says, "Ieeeeeeee"

Temi claims, "I'm also planning a Who's Who post for the forums, for those having problems keeping their NPCs straight."

Prisca pontificates, "Yay!"

Vlora declaims, "Wooo!"

Prisca states, "I tried help player (npc) for several and it came up blank"

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Yeah, I did not do a good job filling those out."

Edwin says, "I know... that Lord guy. Who is an asshat."

Temi states, "Too much prep work."

Temi queries to Edwin, "Which one?  Or all of them?"

Temi grins.

Edwin wonders, "Which is all of them! AMIRITE!?"

Steven claims, "Had plenty of prep work already. Filling in all of that would've been tedious."

Prisca says, "You did a ton as is, just the costumes were worth a rec"

Steven says, "My god, the costumes."

Steven states, "Amir's outfit is dope."

Steven states, "So was Celeste's"

Edwin claims, "I liked Celeste's perfume."

Temi claims, "The costumes were mostly players who worked through Alfred"

Steven says, "Oh now that's cool"

Temi declares, "Thanks to those who contributed! Hope it was cool to see your stuff used"

Temi says, "I think I did Amir's though."

Steven claims, "I'll say this has been the most enjoyable plot I've been in since I started playing."

Steven says, "This plot and the dark night plot."

Prisca seconds that.

Temi claims, "Glad everyone's enjoying themselves! I'll add another header plot with the announcement for further conflict stuff."

Steven states, "I'm sure White Flame probably comes in close behind, but I didn't get to participate in that."

Temi muses, "Okay, Niamh?"

Niamh says, "Small amount of astral map progress, went through all the object templates from jeweling, artwork, and woodworking to sort out which things should be able to be embellished (help embellish), and which things should be able to be applied as an embellishment. The rest of the (much less clear-cut) crafts are waiting on me and Temi putting our noggins together to sort through them, which will probably become more likely once plots have quieted down. I think most of the obvious stuff has been sorted, though, so you guys can have some fun playing around with the system. Updated our forums to the current version of phpbb, and when it broke the old theme grabbed us a new one, installed it, yada yada. Fielded a couple little plots and puppeted some NPC for some player scenes. ALSO MOST OF THIS HAS BEEN SAID ALREADY BY NOW."

Niamh claims, "And done."

Temi has transferred Norrig.  [OOC]

Edwin states, "That were a block of words."

Norrig eyes around warily.

Steven says, "I got to see some of the astral changes on my mage alt."

Edwin says, "Most of them made no sense to me at all. I should still be Cyan. Why do you all punish me for RPing like all the time? <.<"

Steven states, "They're pretty awesome."

Niamh wonders to Steven, "Whatcha think so far?"

Niamh nods.

Temi questions, "Okay, no questions for staff on any of that?"

Steven says, "It's legitimately giving me a reason to want to train my meditation above 36 on said alt."

Norrig questions, "On what?"

Niamh states, "Hopefully it'll be more involving as time goes by."

Temi claims to Norrig, "Staff updates."

Norrig states, "K"

Temi asks, "Okay!  Now then, Player Heartbeat!  How was RP this week, folks?"

Norrig claims, "Goooood"

Edwin claims, "I love it here."

Empena smiles.

Niamh spins Edwin. 

Edwin states, "You're all wonderful people with pretty tiaras in my mind. And excellent codpieces."

Prisca says, "Pretty slow, I've been spending my time working on scripts and stuff. Did one for bbcodes in MUSHclient yesterday."

Edwin is also spun.

Steven trails off, "I've had..."

Steven says, "One of the most fun RP weeks in memory."

Kinaed states, "Just piping in - Farra asked me to raise during the heartbeat that she's opened a forum thread with ideas for the Noble Projects specification, if people could check it out and add to it so it's the best it can be."

Kinaed points at the Noble Projects spec on the floor for anyone who has no idea what she's talking about.

Prisca saw it. "Don't know if it needs to be as hard to do as she suggests, but worth discussing."

Edwin claims, "I mean, I RP all the time. I know I go out of my way to GET RP all the time, but I don't see the issues like in the forums some folks saying it is hard to find RP."

Niamh states, "I added Prisca's new MUShclient script to the package on github with instructions, if folks are interested."

Niamh states, "It's pretty awesome."

Steven queries, "What does it do?"

Niamh claims, "Grabs, say, the entire OOC meeting log in pre-formatted bbcode for posting on the forums."

Steven states, "Oh wow"

Steven questions, "Does it remove tells and prompt?"

Azarial states, "You can turn your prompt off"

Prisca states, "Unfortunately not, regex in lua seems pretty weak and I couldn't figure it out. doesn't clean it up at all either"

Steven states, "Pfft, that's fine. Could just as easily turn off tells and prompt before starting it"

Norrig says to Prisca, "Nerrrrrd"

Temi asks, "Okay, sounds pretty good in general.  Anything bothering anyone or anything that the staff ought to know about?"

Prisca states, "I'd suggest using it more for short sniplets of color to put on the forums, since it doesn"

Prisca states, "'t clean up the code, an OOC chat log will likely go over the 60,000 character limit"

Steven states, "I have something that's bothering me."

Steven states, "That still needs fixin'"

Temi nods at Steven.

Steven states, "Axes."

Edwin states, "The fact that I'm out of money twenty days before I get more money to by food. That is it."

Niamh claims, "Rofl."

Prisca has one too, bringing it up in topic though.

Edwin says, "Buy*"

Kinaed claims to Edwin, "It was like that in college for me."

Temi wonders to Edwin, "You should get asset payouts every week, like tonight? "

Temi states to Steven, "Yes, we know."

Edwin states, "I haven't been paid at all."

Steven states, "And I shall let it be known. Like a petulant child."

Edwin begins to count their money.

Temi says, "You don't have any assets, there's the problem."

Steven beams.

Kinaed says to Edwin, "See a staff member about that after please."

Kinaed claims, "We'll get you set up."

Edwin muses, "Did I do something wrong?"

Temi nods.

Kinaed says to Edwin, "Nah, just missed a chargen step."

Edwin declares, "OH GOOD!"

Temi claims, "You just missed a step.  Well help you out with it."

Steven says, "Join the Reeves. We give signing bonuses."

Temi declares, "Okay then!  On to player topics"

Vlora claims, "GO AWAY STEVEN"

Temi asks, "Empena to start with?"

Niamh nods at Vlora.

Steven smiles at Vlora. 

Edwin says, "I'm pretty sure Vlora will fight you to keep me around <.<"

Steven says, "We also offer great medical. All Physicians fees incurred losing life and limb will be handled by your friendly employer."

Empena states, "Prisca originally opened this topic, but all of the Physicians sort of chimed in.

So with the poisoning, I wondered if we might have an expensive antidote for poisoning cases, that's not quite as effective as the spell purge of the viper, and extremely hard to make.  I think perhaps giving a 10-15 percent deduction of lethality.  Could be a rare restock that costs around 2000 silver, and craftable by grand masters with a massive list of herbs, some of which being as difficult to aquire as the ones in deadly poisons (likely using some of the same ones as the poisons).  "

Steven claims to Edwin, "Might not like the dental though. Demons and curses reside in the teeth after all, so you might get referred to an Inquisitor if you have a toothache."

Norrig nods at Steven.

Temi trails off, "So, given no one has ever been poisoned except by staff..."

Temi claims, "I don't know how much of an issue this is."

Empena states, "That's not true, actually."

Norrig trails off to Temi, "That can be fixed easy..."

Empena wonders, "I mean depends on poisoned, you mean successfully?"

Azarial says, "Lethally poisoned, perhaps?  that does require staff intervention."

Temi claims, "Right, I meant lethally, sorry."

Steven claims, "Could add some new high level anti-poisons that require crafting the aforementioned poison and using it as a regent to create the anti-poison."

Steven says, "Which would mean the physician would need to keep a stock, and identify what actual poison is hurting the person"

Temi states, "I don't want to undermine the dangerousness of the poisons."

Steven states to Temi, "Could raise the lethality if you did that o.o"

Prisca claims, "There was another suggestion further in the thread for non-deadly poisons, but yes my priceyexpensive antidote idea was for deadlies. Thought it'd be nice to have a treatment option a little beyond the attending physician bonus if one's prepared"

Steven claims, "Make em scarier even"

Empena claims, "I think overall the idea is a way for Physicians and high level ones to be more able to be an active part of something like this. Because the ability to help is to identify and treat or attempt to treat the poison. We don't handle arrests or the cool 'after stuff'"

Prisca states, "The balance of it is why I'd like them extremely hard to aquire"

Temi trails off, "I'd potentially be up for an increased chance of survival... but we want the deadly poisons to be sufficiently deadly that people are willing to try it"

Steven nods.

Steven states, "They really aren't used often."

Steven wonders, "Can poisons be applied to weapons?"

Prisca says, "And less potent than mage spell"

You disband the group.

Steven claims, "Like a dagger for backstab, etc"

Prisca says, "Would be a nice idea. there's even a poison wound type that isn't currently used"

Norrig says to Steven, "Have farra lick your dagger and try"

Steven claims, "I don't keep daggers. I'm an honorable man."

Steven coughs.

Temi states, "I'm sort of reluctant to make deadly poisons less deadly until they actually kill someone in normal play."

Temi claims, "I know Kin has nixed poisoning weapons before, though"

Steven claims, "Sort of do feel antidotes would lessen the potency of the mage spell too"

Carys wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Temi nods at Steven.

Empena questions, "Then maybe instead I'd suggest looking at the deadly poison rules/rolls and have there be more like ... steps or something involved?"

Temi queries, "How so?"

Steven says, "People are super paranoid about accepting drinks and such already. Actually poisoning someone is super hard as it currently stands."

Steven claims, "Giving another way to defeat that without having some counterbalance would be detrimental."

Edwin claims, "Psh, I totally accepted drinks the first day I was here."

Kinaed has lost link.

Norrig states to Edwin, "FOOL"

Norrig has lost link.
Norrig has reconnected.

Norrig gets a sober black mourning band emblazoned with the Samael Hawk.

Edwin shrugs.

Steven wonders, "Some of those poisons that actually are lethal are extremely hard to get the regents for too, aren't they?"

Temi nods at Steven.

Prisca nods.

Norrig nods.

Empena states, "Whether or not the purge medicine was given, what other treatments or cures were tried. Something where roleplay choices have more impact than just rolls, I suppose. IE that the actions of the Physicians have an impact. That might just be me, of course, but otherwise, you can feel a bit well ... moot."

Prisca says, "Well, just being there gives a bonus depending on your skill levels"

Steven states, "Poisons aren't 100% lethality really. So you being there trying to help them does affect it."

Temi states, "Generally the scene would all play out and you would be able to use the different treatments and options you have available."

Steven queries, "Caitrin had a chance of surviving the poison due to the physicians treating her, didn't she?"

Temi nods at Steven.

Norrig wonders, "Is the physician treatment survival bonus automatic or staff eyeballs it?"

Temi claims, "The doctors being there and RPing it out has a huge difference in the percentage rolls"

Prisca states, "We need more mage Doctors. If curing doesn't work, could just raise her from the dead after. And all shall submit to the Litch Queen."

Temi claims, "It's all laid out in help deadly poison"

Norrig claims, "Right, thanks."

Norrig nods at Prisca.

Steven states, "I'm not sure I would be against a zombie outbreak."

Azarial rubs her hands togetehr gleefully.

Edwin pontificates, "FOR THE LITCH QUEEN!"

Temi claims, "Okay.  We'll keep an eye on this, and I'll put a note to discuss with staff, but currently leaning towards only fixing it if it seems like the balance is going too far the other direction"

Temi asks, "Let's step on to the next topic.  Prisca?"

Prisca queries, "So, pshop organizing has always been my bane, and an annoyance for many others. I've submitted what I think could solve it and make running a pshop much less of a nightmare and more fun. https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1764 

It basically means uncoupling price from the drop command, and making a new price command that adds a new attribute to the individual items much like label does. Could this please be considered for priority? *puppy eyes*"

Temi wonders, "Az, how much of a pain is separating prices from the dropping system?"

Azarial says, "Probably not too much"

Azarial claims, "Dropping it temporarily sets the objects cost value, and picking it up again clears it abck to the default on the template, iirc."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "We'll add it to the staff discussion list to see if there's anything we're not thinking about"

Prisca claims, "Only hitch I can think of is how to handle items that are already in shops through the change."

Niamh has transferred Katira.  [OOC]

Niamh waves to Katira.

Temi nods at Prisca.

Temi finishes abruptly, "Okay, next topic then - I have one submitted anonymously"

Norrig claims, "That was me, likely, I just didn't want to disturb."

Temi says, "Could I put on the docket an anonymous thought about a "bind tear" like command like "tear cloth" for tailor types to produce usable scraps of cloth for stuffs rather than bandages? I know it's come up at meetings before and I think on the forums, but not sure how far that got with a yea or nay."

Temi claims to Norrig, "It is not"

Temi states, "You're next"

Katira gets a somber black weeper bearing an embroidered queenly visage.

Norrig says to Temi, "Alas"

Vlora is idle.

Niamh says, "I think scraps of cloth is a rank 0 recipe."

Temi states, "Yeah."

Prisca claims, "I think they mean being able to make scraps from any cloth"

Niamh says, "Ahhh. Huh."

Vlora is no longer idle.
Vlora has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "I think that's probably sufficient.  I assume it's just a way to recycle clothes they don't want"

Temi states, "I'd rather not put coding towards that, when we do have a salvage on the list that would handle the same thing more generally, myself"

Prisca nods. "I was just thinking about that planned salvage thing too."

Temi claims, "I think that's just a few steps from where Az had stuff ready to go"

Azarial says, "Salvage should be clsoer with the latest round of craft massage."

Temi nods at Azarial.

Prisca says, "Wooo"

Azarial states, "I need to look at it again when I have a moment of calm."

Edwin queries, "Talking about D&D all day with me makes you uncalm?"

Azarial states, "Two screaming children getting into everything."

Edwin ahs, and nods.

Temi questions, "Okay then.  Any reasons salvage may not be enough to solve this?"

Azarial says, "Not that I can tell from here"

Temi asks, "Anything from players?"

Prisca says, "I'll wait and see."

Edwin says, "I don't have any crafting skills."

Empena says, "Not knowing what all salvage is meant to do, I'm not sure, but I'm sure it could be tweaked then if need be."

Katira questions, "Wouldn't that give one easy scraps of cloth, foraging around for those handkerchiefs and boots?"

Prisca says, "I believe salvage gives back the same materials you get when crafting the item fails."

Temi says, "Salvage I believe is planned to get back the failure objects out of crafted items, yeah"

Temi nods at Prisca.

Azarial states, "Assuming someone hasn;t scripted to run around foraging everything, yeah"

Katira grins at Azarial.

Temi claims, "It could if the foraged handkerchief has a recipe that gives scraps."

Temi wonders, "Okay then.  Not hearing any issues.  Last topic:  Norrig?"

Norrig shrugs and smiles a bit: "Earlier this week a staffer told us that weapon or armor material has no impact on damage, it merely increases the durability of the weapon or armor in question. It's the character's stat and skill plus the crafting quality of the item which handles damage."

"My question is, would it be possible for some scaling of damage enhancement or mitigation for better material weapons and armor? Else damascus becomes... not very worth the cost and effort."

Vlora claims, "Wot"

Prisca claims, "Well, Damascas's main value is in being a status symbol."

Katira nods.

Vlora wonders, "So there isn't really any advantage to walking about in full plate?"

Prisca claims, "I think an iron dagger can kill people just as well"

Norrig states, "Damascus is only for weapons."

Azarial claims, "The better the material, the more it soaks as armor."

Edwin states, "It's not necessarily better, it just makes you look very rich."

Carys is idle.

Temi says, "Plate does more than chain, it's a question of if iron does more than steel."

Azarial says, "The better the weapon material, the better it bypasses the armor."

Norrig looks at Azarial and hrms: "That's now what I heard from staff earlier this week..."

Edwin states, "So when I make my jewel encrusted spiked codpiece, it will be made of Damascus."

Azarial claims, "If that;s the conversation I recall, you dind;t ak the other questions."

Steven wonders, "Pretty sure only difference between iron and steel is durability?"

Steven claims, "For armor"

Norrig claims to Azarial, "I am confused and enticed."

Prisca claims to Steven, "And weight"

Temi says, "It's all a bit hard to track through."

Steven pats his Damascus axe.

Prisca states, "From the weight, you'll lose more mv walking around in iron than steel, I think"

Temi states, "But the main difference in materials (rather than types of things) is their durability."

Temi states, "But using something of greater hardness versus the thing it is hitting definitely has an effect"

Norrig nods.

Norrig claims, "Alright, thank you."

Temi says, "It's just not the obvious 'does more damage'"

Norrig muses, "So this isn't final fantasy? Blech"

Azarial claims, "It is a dance between weapon quality, hardness, durability, armor hardness, durability, and the users' skills, hp, moves, and several other values that affect how damage is dealt."

Edwin states, "That's a very complex and well designed system. A lot of thought went into that. I tip my codpiece to you."

Azarial says, "Whoa, whoa, keep the sausage contained."

Azarial waits for nimh to faceroll in agony.

Niamh trails off, "...."

Norrig says, "Alright, we can move on, thank you."

Edwin says, "We're killing the DM."

Azarial states, "...in the 'duck and cover' sort of wait."

Prisca rolled 1d100 for a pool of: 67. [Ta026]

Niamh states, "Dusifahsidyfg"

Temi asks, "Okay then!  We're out of time.  Any last things before we send folks back?"

Azarial has transferred Kinaed.  [OOC]

Azarial has released Kinaed back to the Pattern.

Prisca pontificates, "Think that's it! See you in the plots"

Norrig says, "I'm good."

Azarial looks up the old 'sword fetish'.

Temi declaims, "Okay then, back to the RPs with you all!"

Temi waves.

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Niamh waves.

• Information