Log of OOC Meeting 2018-05-12

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Feye exclaims, "I'm using the MUD Portal client too!"

Prisca states, "I've got one."

Empena claims, "I have one."

Kinaed states to Prisca, "I've got you."

Kinaed claims to Empena, "Got you"

Theia nibbles on the contract.

Dagerian says, "I have something as well toward the end I will inquire about."

Empena has lost link.
Empena has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "Those people registering a topic, please pre-type it prior to being called on to keep the meeting flowing."

Kinaed nods at Dagerian.

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the extended silence as a no. :) Okay, kicking off Staff Updates."

Kinaed states, "This week, there was a relatively large amount of policy - some of which people can see, some of which people can't. I didn't handle it all - in at least one case, I personally had a conflict of interest so had to pass it to another staff member."

Prisca nods.

Kinaed claims, "That's pretty much all."

Gunnar has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "On my todo list - I still have Jail Automation - and I have to clean up the ideas board on the forums as requested by a player last week."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me, Azarial - you're up."

Azarial states, "Having munged up my knee last week, I hvae been delayed while trying to find a position that did not hurt.  I am back to poking at the bug list, though.  Nothing too major.  a crash, some typos, that sort of thing."

Kinaed states, "Just doing a quick check of the board."

Kinaed trails off, "Yeah, I see a few minor fixes..."

Azarial says, "Safe to say, when you do somehting to knee so badly that it feels like that leg is longer than the other...you really botched things up."

Kinaed says, "Oh, and one really naughty bug exploit in chains of tanios fixed thanks to a diligent player."

Prisca wonders, "Dirty code is a new thing, yes?"

Temi nods at Prisca.

Azarial says, "I think that was announced last weelk"

Steven states, "Being able to purposefully dirty oneself is."

Prisca claims, "Ah."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Oh, sorry."

Azarial claims, "No; dirty.  and infect."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, you can make yourself dirty for RP purposes, including using an emote to do so."

Azarial states, "Tyhe chains was this weekl i think"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Steven says, "Go rolling around in them horse pens now."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, Temi - you're up :)"

Temi says, "Well, I have been doing the plot event."

Prisca pontificates, "Three cheers for Temi! great work so far"

Kinaed smiles.

Ashimnan nods in agreement.

Theia says, "Temi's been working really hard... I think 5 or 6 NPCs at the same time last night."

Steven claims to Temi, "Looked pretty successful if the massive number int he room last night as any indication"

Theia nods.

Kinaed exclaims, "I'm so glad to hear people are enjoying the plot!"

Temi exclaims, "We're deep in the thick of the Princessly wedding plot.  Hopefully those who could make it enjoyed the Vavardi party last night... juggling that many NPCs was not super easy.  Thankfully Niamh helped with one!"

Theia exclaims, "I enjoyed it the party!"

Theia claims, "Even if one of them was a lecher... which seems standard for Vavardi."

Steven claims, "I hear Caitrin's sister is adorable."

Temi claims, "Next big event is the wedding ceremony itself - if you want to get any plots in before that, please file them quickly."

Ashimnan states, "Psh. Vavardi are all saints."

Temi says, "But that will probably be in a couple hours."

Ashimnan states, "*shifty eyes*"

Temi states, "And a reminder to everyone:  when there's a big header plot going on, all RPA related to it is free as far as QPs."

Steven claims, "I've been experiencing the first world mud problem of not knowing which outfit to wear for the wedding."

Empena questions, "I feel embarassed to ask this, but last time the contracts et al for doing things were bounties, this time if you had something, should you send lovely Alfred a letter later? "

Vlora wishes it was earlier, as it's almost midnight for them. :(

Kinaed chuckles.

Kinaed comforts Vlora.

Ashimnan claims to Vlora, "Omg u r not a hive mind."

Azarial has pulled Carys from the pattern!

Azarial has released a full-figured rosy-skinned woman of mahogany hair back to the Pattern.

Temi finishes abruptly, "I've also dedicated this entire weekend to the plot - so I hope to do super quick turnarounds on everything"

Steven states to Vlora, "This is where you get the coffee iv drip ready."

Temi says, "Um, I have paying people on my to-do list, but feel free to write to Alfred"

Sikod is idle.

Vlora I'll just give myself periodical electro shocks

Empena declaims, "Okay!"

Theia claims, "Vlora's just having difficulty because there's blood getting into her coffee veins."

Temi says, "But that's it for me.  I hope I've included some earlier hours and self-paced stuff for those who can't stay later."

Theia pontificates, "Oh! Speaking of Pay!"

Theia eyes Empena suspiciously.

Kinaed queries to Theia, "Should I give you a topic?"

Theia states, "Nope, it was a mention towards Empena is all. :)"

Steven states, "I think Theia is teasing Empena"

Theia claims, "Thank you"

Kinaed questions, "That's everything for staff updates. Any questions on any of that?"

Ashimnan has been transferred out by Kinaed.  [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Carys.  [OOC]

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates - now for Player Heartbeat!"

Temi gives a rolled-up contract, sealed in red wax with a crown emblem to Carys.

Kinaed wonders, "How was the RP for you this week?"

Theia says, "I am almost halfway through my cyan period after a week and a half roughly"

Prisca pontificates, "Pretty fun! Had a bit of drama for the first time in a while"

Kinaed queries to Theia, "Has it been good?"

Vlora states, "Rather disillusioned and disrupted by this recent policy case. "

Safir says, "Appreciated the antagonists. "

Kinaed states to Vlora, "I'm sorry to hear that."

Prisca nods at Safir.

Kinaed nods at Safir.

Theia says, "Already voiced my opinion on the case"

Theia declares, "And the RP has been good yes!"

Steven claims, "I feel I can trust staff to objectively look at evidence and that this likely stemmed from multiple players and no single person."

Empena says, "I've had some good scenes, all my props to Theia for being a lovely new Physician. "

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Gunnar queries, "What happened?"

Prisca claims to Gunnar, "It's on the general board"

Theia says, "I'd say boo physicians but it's not bad. XD"

Dagerian says, "Once I can get my hands on one of you I'll let you know next week."

Steven states to Theia, "Always awesome to see good physicians around :)"

Theia says, "OH! I learned something."

Theia claims, "Knights are a bunch of babies.."

Theia nods.

Steven nods.

Kinaed says, "That is the case. To be clear - there was a post made on the general board that seemed to say that they believe this stemmed from a single player who is apparently doing something. I can confirm that the player being bandied aout and proposed had nothing to do with the case and never spoke with staff about it."

Feye cries

Kinaed claims, "I feel I have to say that because it seems to me like if there's a witchhunt going on there, it's actually in reverse. Leave other players out of beefs with staff please."

Kinaed says, "I'll answer for any complaints regarding policy. It's my responsibility."

Gunnar has gone AFK.

Dagerian claims, "This week to spice up RP I'll have Dagerian eat a mysterious flower which makes him go crazy and break into all your homes wielding an ax and a boom box airing Michael Jackson's Thriller."

Kinaed smiles at Dagerian.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if there's nothing further on that for the moment, let's move to Player Topics. :) Prisca, you're up."

Prisca claims, "Could we get a help phome guidelines helpfile? There's a lot of frequently asked questions on visnet about building that it could answer, like the length of phome descriptions, what you can or can't include in the descriptions, and the format of the request. A form-like thing for people to fill in, with some examples might help both the requesting player and the builder."

Kinaed states, "I thought the current help file already expressed those, but I'll make a note that an update was requested and see what we can do."

Kinaed claims, "Also, sorry for not clearing the TI forums this week like you requested last week. It's on my mind."

Steven says, "Would be neat to maybe set up some form of webform for it where you fill in fields."

Steven says, "And submit."

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Kinaed claims, "I'll note that idea as well. It'll probably be worked on by Niamh."

Steven says, "With something like that you could probably even limit number of characters, etc."

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Prisca states, "There's some other things current helpfiles don't cover, like some of the other flags you can have set or removed, like islit, indoor flags on usually outdoor rooms, things likt that. might give people more ideas on what they can do when building a phome"

Kinaed claims, "We can technically do that here."

Steven asks, "Polc?"

Steven claims, "Erm, a POLCA"

Azarial claims, "Sounds like a polca, which would save niamh the copy-pasta"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Prisca says, "POLCA might be harder do manage with multiple room stuff"

Sikod is no longer idle.

Kinaed claims, "We could set it up so players could virtually build their house, then staff verifies it. Was sort of intended with the masonry skill if we ever got around to it. We have the tools, it's just low priority."

Steven states, "Could make it where you have to start off with one room. So initial one room polca."

Steven says, "Where you go to the location you want it and the polca has an option saying "what direction is the entrance door""

Prisca claims to Kinaed, "That would be neat."

Kinaed nods at Prisca.

Steven says, "So staff literally just has to read and type an approved command"

Theia claims, "Could also add up the cost for you to tell you how much it'll take from your bank account"

Kinaed nods at Theia.

Kinaed states, "Okay, Empena - you're up! Please introduce us to your topic."

Prisca states to Kinaed, "Also, no worries on the forum thing. It's a pretty big pile of posts to sort through. Hope you've got coffee."

Kinaed smiles.

Empena says, "It was recently brought to my attention that people might not be having the fun they could/should be while RPing with Physicians or the Madison. And while I know that 'I got hurt' isn't the most fun roleplay, I was I admit a bit crest-fallen to hear that. Especially as it was the first time I'd heard it. So I am uncertain if that was a one-off or something with more traction. So, I'd love to remind that RP with Physicians doesn't just have to be because or when you are hurt. It can also be for things like diet advise, having your retainers looked over. It doesn't always have to be a coded injury - but there is now inflict and infect if having something coded helps you from your end.
/That said if the idea is that treatment RP isn't 'worth it' to people, I might reinterate my thought/idea from before that 'Diagnose' or a similiar command wherein folks can get a bonus for Doctor RP like Bards get. As it might encourage people to feel it is more 'worth it.' Otherwise I'm open to ideas sent my way to help people have more fun."

Kinaed states, "It's also sometimes hard to make up my mind too."

Prisca nods at Empena.

Theia claims, "Side note."

Theia trails off, "I've heard that people beleve the PHysicians cost a buttload of money to come see. Though that's an IC problem but if that's the general mindset of people who have little to no coin then..."

Theia coughs

Vlora says, "I mean, I've always have fun with it. If a player is just laying there watching the clock for the wounds to heal, they're doing it wrong. You need to use it as a point to develop your character, get a cool scar to play with, and roleplay the recovery."

Prisca claims, "I try my best to make medical RP fun and engaging, and it's rather saddening when players complain OOCly about injuries and treatment"

Steven claims, "Admittedly, I've always been kind of put off that people don't seem to pay physicians for their work."

Kinaed says, "Getting a lot of multi-line tells, sorry folks."

Steven says, "I mean, it's a profession. You really should require payment for medical services."

Azarial questions, "Send the reeves out after the deadbeats?"

Empena claims, "For that if that's the concern, and people are seriously strapped for silver, I'm happy to work out something for folks to provide things in trade rather than silver. "

Safir claims, "I'd say people are rarely or never turned away for those reasons.  Things can be worked out.  "

Theia states, "Yep."

Prisca nods.

Steven plops out his warrant ledgers...

Safir states, "There are also us barbarian doctors that don't cost as much as the Vavardi ones."

Azarial says, "Some of what I hear though is that even if they 'escape' while healing, they6a re dragged back to the madison instead of allowed to stay in say tavern scenes."

Vlora claims, "Mmhm, could perform some service. Gather some raw materials, or clean some bandages."

Theia says, "Can't pay but you're a hunter? Well hell. If you go out and bring me a couple of rabbits I'm sure we can work something out. :)"

Steven says to Safir, "And that's why nobles likely don't want a savage touching them with their dirty hands."

Safir claims to Steven, "Not all nobles."

Steven says, "Oh myyyyy"

Empena says, "I have legit never 'dragged' anyone back to the Madison. I may have in RP suggested that someone walking around isn't wise, but people are just like IRL free to disregard Doctor advise and check themselves out."

Theia states to Steven, "It's ok, we have gentry who would be more than happy to look you over... and maybe accidently infect you with a plague or something."

Safir muses, "Just wondering, but would it be possible to get a batman call for the Southside Triage like we do for the Madison? "

Kinaed claims to Safir, "Sure"

Theia claims, "Hmmm... I definitely cannot help with that one."

Theia claims, "Not without a disguise first"

Theia states, "Maybe the Tenebrae can make it a rule to not pick on Gentry Physicians"

Temi says, "I know for some people always have a tension between how they meant for things to go and what actually happened, and wounds are rarelyone of the planned things.  So if you find yourself feeling grumpy about treatment RP, maybe self-considerif it's about that, and if maybe it's an opportunity to enjoy the path more."

Prisca states to Theia, "You could, but you might end up needing treatment. two for one"

Safir claims, "No, but gives freeman without a way to pay another avenue.  Just may not get service unless one of us low bloods are around. "

Prisca nods at Temi.

Feye pontificates, "Just wanted to say, Empena, I loved all the RP you did with my character when she was injured. It was very engaging and you were a great doctor (even though you weren't part of the guild yet!). Same to you Safir!"

Kinaed smiles.

Empena says, "I did ask if the Recovery Rooms could get that too, so we could be more on to knowing when people are looking for RP. But, yes I do wonder if Doctor RP got a Bonus like Bards people might not feel it was a drag compared to being out to get 'better' RP. I'm not sure 100 percent the solution, but as the entire Guild is here, all these fine ladies have expressed they would love to RP with you, so pass the word."

Theia says, "Wait"

Theia claims, "Marossa isn't here"

Dagerian states, "If it was more a massage parlor you'd get more business I bet. broken bones and broken hearts. two for one. "

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "I've taken notes to add alerts about people in the Southside Triage and Recovery Ward - if someone could pop in there and typo board from the rooms, we'll add them"

Kinaed states, "I've also got a tell suggestion that freemen awaken in southside instead of the Madison"

Feye just learned that the Southside had a Madison equivalent!

Kinaed states, "Okay, Dagerian - it's your turn! Please introduce us to your topic."

Temi finishes abruptly, "I'd be worried about that - Madison will be more options for physicians and RP"

Prisca claims, "Almshouse triage is vnum 12461"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Dagerian states, "This more for curiousity sake, but I've recently finished a TV Pilot I've written. I had this crazy idea that writing a TV Pilot based on Dav's Consilidation would be an amazing television series. I can already envision and eight series plot line for it. I guess I'm just wondering who it is I would talk to in terms of story rights in the event I wanted to write something like that. Cant be promised it will actually be made, but then again we'll never know. my current one is out here in LA and it's getting attention. There's a real possibility I will be writing for TV very soon. can never know. (If anyone wishes to read it let me know)"

Theia states, "I mean... that's cool and all but uh. If they do that then those of us in the madison who can't go there won't be able to help them. >_<"

Temi states, "Very cool"

Feye asks, "Whoa, that sounds amazing, Dagerian! A real TV show! Can you imagine?"

Prisca says, "Don't think all freemen should be sent to southside triage. though it'd be neat if they were brought there if they were within the southside zone "

Safir agrees with Prisca. 

Theia states, "Can see that yea"

Kinaed states, "It's fine with me, and I'd be deeply supportive of that. But the problem is that the MUD was originally owned by Tamara Boileau, and whereas a great deal of the theme and world has been developed since 2004 when she gave the MUD to me, I think she'd feel she owns the material (and has in the past implied we need permission from every single staff member she ever had)"

Kinaed states, "So I think it'd be best if you did something 'Inspired by' and change the names - Dav = Jhav or something."

Theia says, "Dav becomes Java"

Kinaed says, "However, for things that no one is profiting from, like writing fanfiction or ezines, absolutely go for it"

Kinaed grins at Theia.

Theia states, "Davites are Javites"

Steven states, "Jabba"

Dagerian claims, "Gotcha. I mean switching names wa already going to happen, and the plot isn't going to be exact same of course."

Kinaed nods at Dagerian.

Kinaed says to Dagerian, "I would be honored if you did that kind of work, and very happy and supportive."

Steven claims, "As long as Dinklage can be Dav."

Kinaed laughs.

Dagerian states, "Just having played on all sides of the spectrum now I have a good idea of the characterizations in all of them."

Kinaed nods at Dagerian.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's everyone who raised a topic."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone have anything else they want to discuss in the 20-odd minutes we have left?"

Carys is idle.
Gunnar is idle.

Kinaed has transferred Theodora.  [OOC]

Temi gives a rolled-up contract, sealed in red wax with a crown emblem to Theodora.

Theodora waves.

Kinaed states, "Theodora contacted me saying she has a topic."

Dagerian holds a nightpine pipe inset with fine ivory scrollwork in his hand.

Dagerian stops using a nightpine pipe inset with fine ivory scrollwork.

Dagerian holds a rolled-up contract, sealed in red wax with a crown emblem in his hand.

Dagerian drinks from a rolled-up contract, sealed in red wax with a crown emblem.

Dagerian stops using a rolled-up contract, sealed in red wax with a crown emblem.

Theodora states, "Peeking at tailoring, there's silk and velvet things that are above 36, like cutting up said materials for later use. However, not everyone might want to be a 'professional' tailor or it might not fit with their char type/class. So I wonder if I might introduce the thought that tailoring be peeked at so that things are lumped so that 'Freeman' stuff or the stuff people might sew non-professionally is below 36 and the other stuff above."

Gunnar is no longer idle.

Gunnar has returned from AFK.

Gunnar says, "Pizza."

Temi asks, "What in particular are you worried about?"

Temi claims, "After 36 is primarily just the fancier stuff"

Dagerian sits down and rests.

Theia states, "I know what i'm worried about... making a full outfit from wool and light need 37/38 ranks respectively."

Theia states, "And that's the small sets not the full sets"

Sikod is idle.

Temi says, "Those aren't anything you can't make at lower amounts."

Temi states, "They are just easier recipes for bulk stuff."

Theia wonders, "Just saves time I guess?"

Temi claims, "It's more efficient and saves time, yeah."

Temi claims, "I think that's a fine bonus for people who are more dedicated to it."

Theia states, "Ah. Years ago they had extra stuff in them."

Theia declares, "Good to know! :D"

Theodora claims, "True, but what that costs is someone OOC time/coordination. Ah, well, for example that the cutting measures of Silk and Velvet is rank ten, when it will be a very long time to use them. Versus something else there that might pool that could be used around that level."

Temi says, "They shouldn't have anything in them that shouldn't have its own recipe."

Prisca states, "Having silk and velvet cuttable at rank 10 makes sense I think. Doesn't take a lot of skill to cut things, and lets an apprentice assist a master in something"

Temi says, "We could move cutting the pieces up in difficulty... but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense.. and yeah, it does give some incentive to help others out."

Steven states, "I should make my woodworker take on an apprentice and just make them do all the woodcutting."

Steven claims, "And making of the planks and stuff."

Prisca nods at Steven.

Steven states, "Mmm slave labor"

Gunnar says, "Will work for free."

Dagerian states, "Makes sense to me. Look at politicians."

Prisca wonders, "Had a question on how the madison transport works currently- when are people automatically sent to the madison, and when do they stay where they were knocked out? is transporting only when they were alone?"

Steven states to Dagerian, "Interns, Dagerian."

Steven says, "Interns."

Kinaed states, "Only when they're 'killed' and alone, yes"

Steven says, "I had one question myself that I just remembered to bring up."

Kinaed claims to Steven, "Sure :)"

Prisca exclaims, "Makes sense!"

Steven states, "Why are all mobiles non-aggressive now? :( Wandering the forest and stuff, I remember back when I first joined being jumped by some things.. and it made the wilderness feel"

Steven says, "Well"

Prisca says, "Maybe instead of auto transing, it could pop up a choice- stay, madison, southside triage"

Steven says, "Wildernessy"

Kinaed says, "They're not supposed to be, so is that a bug? We have aggressive and lethal, aggressive, and non-aggressive animals."

Kinaed claims, "I'll bring that up with staff to see if we have to resolve it."

Steven queries, "I haven't seen any aggressives in a while. Except maybe the gators in the sewers?"

Temi claims, "There should be some aggressives, though I don't know how many."

Prisca claims, "Hmm, nothing attacks automatically that I've seen, except Southside bruisiers."

Dagerian says, "Want a romantic ride with your lover in the middle of the night outside the gates? Hire this here grungy fighter to watch your every move to ensure your safe return home."

Prisca claims, "We used to have crocs back in on TI that were aggressive, but that was about it"

Empena states, "Talking about people randomly being brought to the Madison, people who drown don't get an injury or effect of any kind so they tend to just stand up and leave. That can get a bit weird, maybe drowning should give an injury or disease of some kind."

Kinaed claims, "I think some animals are, but I'll have it looked into."

Vlora is idle.

Prisca nods at Empena.

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Safir says, "Drowning injuries would be aces."

Kinaed states, "I'll add that to staff talking points"

Vlora is no longer idle.
Vlora has returned from AFK.

Prisca states, "There's actually a drowning wound type that isn't used"

Prisca states, "Played around with it during the ST tutorial"

Dagerian claims, "If anything there could be bandit aggressors or something on the long extended roads."

Azarial claims, "People should be taking drowning injuries if they swim while exhausted"

Prisca claims to Azarial, "It deals HP damage, but doesn't cause wounds"

Azarial claims, "And I know that a few mobs have drowned, so it does work."

Azarial states, "Then bug note that please"

Kinaed wonders, "We have five minutes left - Temi, did you want to give everyone a quick reminder about what's up when for the next couple of days?"

Temi says, "Right!  The Princess is getting married.  Wedding ceremony should be in about an hour.  Reception should be tomorrow a few hours ago."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi says, "And there are plot hooks and tendrils out there ready to be pounced upon."

Theia states, "Someone ended up with us drowned but they weren't injured at all just had HP damage, I believe they got healed up already. Don't know what would heal drowning injuries though."

Temi claims, "If there's something you want to do or investigate or get involved in, file a plot or let me know, and I'll help make it happen as much as possible."

Dagerian pontificates, "Oooo plot hooks abound!"

Kinaed nods at Theodora.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, everyone - thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat!"

Temi claims, "Any of the NPCs are potentially available, but I probably won't log them in if I'm not doing stuff with them"

Theia declares, "Theodora! They confused us again!"

Kinaed states, "Wait, we've still got a few minutes."

Prisca waves.

Prisca claims, "Oh."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have anything else?"

Steven trails off, "So that's what that mail I got came from..."

Kinaed questions, "Three minutes of glory awaits you?"

Gunnar asks, "Have the discord link on hand?"

Theia trails off, "Hmmm..."

Empena muses, "Shameless plug that if it's only three minutes, the Madison has pills for that? "

Theia states, "Indeed"

Azarial snerks.

Steven wonders, "Is it wrong of me to be totally paranoid and wonder if the Lannisters are sending their regards?"

Azarial says, "Https://discord.gg/8AA7h7P"

Dagerian says, "You're all looking tastey."

Temi grins at Steven.

Temi wonders, "No comment?"

Steven says, "Church explodes in a balefire daravi phoenix."

Safir states, "Wouldn't be the first time."

Temi claims, "I think the last time was the Palace, actally."

Gunnar nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Okay, it's the Top of the Hour :)"

Prisca waves again!

Kinaed says, "Thanks for attending this week's OOC Chat, folks."

Kinaed waves.