Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat May 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Theia says, "I volunteer not sit here, and behave myself."

Theia sits down on the ground.

Theia states, "To as well"

Kinaed smiles.

Prisca says, "I might have something"

Kinaed claims to Prisca, "Got you"

Steven claims to Theia, "Behaving's for chumps."

Kinaed has transferred Empena. [OOC]

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else with a topic for today?"

Temi gives a spinning top, carved into the shape of a Farin slave girl to Empena.

Maura is dry.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, in the silence, I shall kick off Staff Updates."

Kiryn says, "I do have one, courtesy the forums."

Kinaed claims, "Last week I processed the Request Queue once or twice, egads there were a LOT of recommends in the system, and I think Niamh did most of them. Adding Kiryn to the topic list."

Kinaed claims, "Those who have topics, please pre-write them to be ready for introduction."

Kinaed claims, "This week, I want to finish my Noble/Council projects specification"

Kinaed claims, "And I still have Jail Automation kinda hanging around."

Kinaed claims, "That's me. Next up - Azarial."

Azarial states, "I've been working on the bug notes again. nothig too dramatic, but I mght just throw in the towel today. (bug 74, iirc) Also, please be clear and concise with notes to staff; beating around the bush ends up with me having to translate, and that is a bit tedious. =( And logs! Logs are good. They help me figure out *exactly* what is going on in the weirder cases."

Niamh muses, "DID SOMEBOPDY SAY TOWELS?"

Azarial says, "No. you;re hearing things. like a lot of 'PEW!'."

Niamh implodes.

Kinaed says, "I think she wants to make a cape."

Kinaed trails off, "Looking quickly at the change board..."

Azarial claims, "Well, towels and capes/cloaks are mutually exclusive."

Theia wonders, "Maybe she wants something to dry off with?"

Azarial muses, "Well...I could make her wet?"

Theia queries, "Giggity...?"

Maura snickers

Niamh just continues a constant, high shriek in the backdrop.

Steven muses, "...giggity?"

Azarial shrugs at Steven.

Kinaed states, "Some bug fixes, particularly an adjustment to Chains of Tanios. Checking the complete board, because I'm pretty sure Niamh processed some of these."

Azarial claims, "When the suee of hopeful eagerness dies down, she should be poking at the southsiude boundary some."

Azarial says, "Squee, rather"

Kinaed claims, "Nothing much here."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, Temi - you're up :)"

Temi states, "Okay... not a whole lot of stuff.. was embellish last week or this one? But that's a spec for adding additional items to unfinished stuff of the proper sorts."

Kinaed states, "I think it was this week."

Temi asks, "And I've been working on getting ramped up for the plot next week.. everyone's ready for the drama, right?"

Steven states, "DRAAAAAAAAAMA"

Maura dons their paper-mache drama queen crown

Kinaed says, "I hope everyone can participate."

Temi states, "But I have an invalid puppy, which is slowing me down a bit."

Steven weeps for the puppy.

Kinaed comforts Temi.

Azarial says, "That's why you check your pointers. you don;t need a lab to do it, either; you just need to setter down and pug away at it."

Kinaed says, "... my mother just streaked across the living room to answer the door in a towel."

Temi says, "She's not to put any weight on the leg... and is refusing to potty on the deck and holding out for us to carry her down the stairs everytime."

Steven wonders, "Did someone say...towl?"

Steven says, "Towel, rather"

Temi grins at Steven.

Temi states, "But that's me this week."

Kinaed claims, "That's where it went."

Kinaed comforts Temi.

Kiryn claims, "So I'm probably going to be uber busy next weekend, because that's apparently how I roll when TI has good stuff on."

Kinaed states, "That's rough"

Kinaed comforts Kiryn.

Maura coughs

Kinaed claims, "Shame - I do hope everyone can attend because this event is a precursor to some structural changes in the game, which we hope will be beneficial and exciting for everyone. (Note, the event itself isn't scripted to a specific ending, the changes come after)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's move on to Niamh :)"

Niamh states, "Had another testing-heavy week and pitched a couple projects which were approved! One of them probably won't be too awfully visible as different on the player-side, but the Southside borders have been ferociously gutted of the thick, tangled horror of multiple invisible mobs and several lengthy mobprog scripts per room. It's handled with a simple room check now, which is... much better. Should be less aggravating and prone to unfixable problems for everyone involved. My other project is the astral. Mages will see some changes gradually creeping across the grid there, becoming less just the real world as an animal spirit and more a 'Fade-like' reflection with lots of nifty easter eggs, things to do, solve, fight, and RP about. "

Niamh says, "I'm going to be a butthead and not take many questions about the astral project, I think... Mages should/will find out IC, and non-Mages shouldn't know at all. >_>"

Niamh claims, "Annnnd done."

Prisca says, "Ohh, nice on the borders."

Kiryn nods in agreement with Prisca.

Niamh nods at Prisca.

Maura asks, "What determines the room check? Like whether you pass or not?"

Steven claims, "Oooh, the astral changes sound neat."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, so that's Staff Updates - Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week, folks?"

Niamh asks, "Remember before how you had to do "accept southside warning", Maura?"

Azarial states, "It catches on guild and class"

Maura states, "Not on this character but yes"

Niamh states, "Same thing. Just a different command you'll be prompted with as a non-safe-Southsider. The rest is all the same, just handled differently and coded."

Empena has lost link.
Empena has reconnected.

Maura nods

Prisca questions, "Did redlisted get added to that?"

Azarial says, "It will even tell the bcg when a non-knight orderite crosses the border so they can go down and beg for coins or blessings, because theya re pious, just dishonest--thematically speaking"

Niamh claims, "Redlisted never hit on the accept, but the lethal mobs - which haven't changed. They will still aggressively maul you."

Azarial says, "Nope. they want you to come down if you are redlisted. it makes their job easier."

Kiryn says, "I just started again... like... yesterday, but the two or so hours I put in were decent."

Niamh grins at Azarial.

Kinaed has transferred Theodora. [OOC]

Esmerelde claims, "This week seemed a bit slow. I have some things I need to get busy with and active in again... but that will probably be slow going still."

Temi gives a spinning top, carved into the shape of a Farin slave girl to Theodora.

Kinaed nods at Esmerelde.

Theodora squees and hugs a spinning top, carved into the shape of a Farin slave girl.

Niamh claims to Esmerelde, "Your job is making me crave bread I can't have, apparently."

Kiryn sits on Theodora.

Theia says, "As for RP this week... I'd have to say it's been fun. I mean i've only been RPing for... 3 days'ish, roughly. But I've had RP every day."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "I'm glad to hear that."

Temi says to Theodora, "She twirls."

Kinaed asks, "Anything shitting anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Esmerelde pontificates to Niamh, "Oh, well, glad to help!"

Niamh smiles at Esmerelde.

Maura trails off, "This week has been slow for myself as well, as I've had several irl projects that had a deadline this week that I needed to complete... so haven't logged on at all really except to check mail and boards"

Theia declaims, "OH! OH! Me!"

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Theodora states, "Thank you to everyone who came to the ST last week that went to stupid o'clock. You are all wonderful people. "

Theia says, "The gift wasn't an adorable tubori girl."

Theia nods.

Theia says, "That's about it."

Azarial says, "Well....she might have been bnought from a tubori, which would make her a tubori's girl."

Kinaed says to Theia, "I blame my spouse. He doesn't play, but I blame him for everything, so it's his fault it wasn't a Tubori girl."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Niamh nods seriously to Kinaed.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Fair point"

Theodora claims, "I'm make sure to set the next show in Tubor."

Theodora nods.

Kinaed smiles at Theodora.

Temi states, "I blame whoever didn't give me anything useful to go on when I asked on OOC chat."

Kiryn says, "My only complaint is the game's virtually dead at 3:00 AM system during the week. It's really only a complaint because I'm working nights and it's dead at 3:00 AM most days, but... well... you asked."

Temi grins.

Kiryn grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Kiryn.

Niamh comforts Kiryn.

Kinaed states, "I've noticed. Being in Australia, my login times are off and it's been pretty quiet 'late at night' for the US, and regular hours here in Aussie."

Esmerelde says to Kiryn, "Unfortunately, in addition to the game, I'm also usually dead at 3 am."

Kinaed says, "I think that's a symptom of the whole finals thing though."

Azarial muses, "Could just hit an internet cafe and post for players?"

Maura Esmerelde's a reverse vampire confirm

Kinaed smiles at Azarial.

Azarial says, "Grab that aussie crowd for that time slot."

Esmerelde says to Maura, "Better look out for that reverse bite."

Niamh questions to Kinaed, "Oh oh oh, I have a topic for player topics. Can I do a topic during player topics?"

Kiryn claims to Kinaed, "Nah, that's pretty usual at least when I log on. Very rarely will I land RP at that hour. Makes wasting time at work difficult."

Kiryn grins.

Maura glances at Esmerelde "oooh."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Yes. I've got you"

Kinaed states, "And another from a tell"

Kinaed says, "Okay, so let's move to Player Topics - Prisca, you're up."

Prisca asks, "The ideas board is getting kind of stuffed, and sometimes it's hard to tell if things have even been looked at and considered by staff. Hate to ask to put more on your plate, but could someone perhaps start sorting through them and moving them to the accepted or rejected boards?"

Azarial states, "Or posting ideas ont he forums."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "I think she means on the forums"

Prisca states, "I meant the forums"

Niamh exclaims, "I think that's what she means!"

Niamh nods.

Kinaed claims, "Sure,, I'll have a look."

Azarial says, "I keep getting feature requests under the guise of bugs."

Theia claims, "Not it."

Empena claims, "That might be me, in which case, sorry."

Kinaed claims, "Heh. I haven't noticed that"

Prisca sorta does that sometimes, sorry.

Theia claims, "It's all Empena and Prisca's fault."

Theia ducks from the incoming bus.

Niamh states, "Damn it Empena and Prisca."

Niamh states, "What did they do I missed it"

Theia states, "Stuff and things."

Kiryn barely uses the boards unless it's really broken. Or Niamh's looking bored.

Theia claims, "And things and stuff too."

Niamh nods at Theodora.

Niamh nods at Theia.

Azarial asks, "When isn;t niamh bored?"

Niamh scuffs.

Kiryn says to Azarial, "And that's why I make liberal use of help random."

Kiryn grins.

Azarial claims, "She hits the boards like a brush fire with the wind behind it."

Theia states, "It's ok Niamh... I've started getting it all the time."

Azarial grins.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, thanks Prisca - next up, Kiryn! Please introduce us to your topic."

Theia states, "If Theodora's in the room, I get mentioned."

Kiryn queries, "It was brought up ont he forums yesterday, but as of yet no staff input so I'll drop it here. Plans for a spring ad campaign? Are there any?"

Kinaed states, "Nope, I don't know how to run one."

Theodora states, "I'll apologize for that one now. Erk."

Niamh claims, "Kiryn's trying to take my topic. GET HIM"

Kinaed states, "If you do, I'd be happy to work with and/or fund something along those lines."

Prisca asks of Kinaed, "Have you tried sending an email to the tintin++ dev about sticking a TI ad into the client?"

Niamh did.

Kinaed trails off, "No..."

Kinaed states, "Niamh, take a list of advertising ideas, and we can work through each one"

Kiryn claims, "If you'd like me to help, I can. I can't remember... is the Project wonderful stuff still active? I know that was a thing for a bit."

Kinaed says to Kiryn, "I think I still have a project wonderful account."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, there we go. Advertising - and if anyone can think of any advertising ideas, let Niamh know"

Kinaed asks, "Empena, your topic please? :)"

Empena states, "I'd like to discuss something that is sort of related to the upcoming plot et al, and it's something that's sort of come up for me during this whole thing. And that's the sort of flow of info. Specifically the idea that areas of the kingdom do not get official write ups or helpfiles until someone apps a noble from that area. As that information can be found on the wiki and sort of hunting around the forums or old IC books."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Empena claims, "And I sort of feel like it does a disservice to people who want to app from those areas, or even general RP for a GL or other nobles."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's a bit harsh - we're talking about a lot of work from unpaid people to fill those things in."

Steven claims, "That's a lot of baronies and counties to fill info about, tbh"

Temi states, "I do try to make note of the things that get sorted out due to relations to anyone, etc"

Empena claims, "I would volunteer to do it."

Steven states, "Also kind of restricts new noble players from having fun making info about their lands if it was filled in."

Temi states, "If you're a bastard from there, we'll take note of it, and that will have to be pulled in, etc"

Steven states, "I'd rather new nobility have the chance to come up with that stuff."

Kinaed says, "We're also happy to take write ups from players if you feel strongly and are willing/able to do the work"

Empena states, "I think less that that they can't update the helpfiles"

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Temi says, "But I do think it's better for new nobles to get to define what's there."

Temi states, "If things are already defined, I expect them not to change, without ICly changing, though."

Steven states, "I know on my Noble, I loved the end result of my barony because I had a hand in shaping what it was, etc."

Kinaed states, "We have to be careful about letting nobility directly update their domain help files, otherwise everything from new culture to iron and sugar will all come from their domain. Well, not all nobles would do that, but we've gotten apps like that."

Maura agrees with Temi and Steven, especially since they've played a noble from a domain that had no defined history prior

Steven claims, "Mine was flowers. And apples."

Steven states, "..."

Steven states, "Lots of apples."

Niamh pats Steven.

Kiryn claims to Empena, "Nothing stops a noble or whomever from updating a helpfile for a domain they're in charge of, IIRC. Just with good IC reason."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Kiryn.

Temi says, "So, generally we'll have a mix of pre-detailed ones and almost undefined, which the nobles can pick between."

Kinaed claims, "They just drop it on the board and it gets put up, unless we request changes, and then we'll still put it up once the changes match the basic things we're concerned about."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "As we go on.. yes, more and more will already be defined."

Kinaed says, "I am sorry, Empena, but I think the overall view from staff, at least, is that the status quo is good."

Kinaed states, "I do appreciate your bringing up the topic and telling us your thoughts, however, which do have merit."

Kinaed queries, "Anything further on this topic?"

Empena ponders.

Empena wonders, "Could things be written into an IC book then instead?"

Steven questions, "If you don't mind other characters saying the book is utterly innaccurate if they're a noble from one of those lands?"

Temi claims, "We don't want to define additional things about lands that will narrow down options for future nobles unnecessarily."

Temi states, "If you want to write a book, staff can review and possibly approve it."

Kinaed claims, "I'd prefer people didn't write an IC book that defined undefined domains. And extensions to existing domains would need approval. So, whereas yes a book could be written, it wouldn't be canon/approved until reviewed, etc."

Kinaed says, "If you want to fill things in, or alter things, I'd recommend submitting help file updates to the Request Board."

Theodora claims, "Okay, got it."

Theodora says, "Oops."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, Niamh - you're up!"

Niamh says, "I'm working up another ad or two for TI, but hands-down our best recruitment stems from word of mouth(keyboards?) - reviews from players at high-visibility places where the audience already knows what a MUD is and if what we're offering hits their preferences, like Reddit's /r/MUD, TMC, etc., or friends recruiting friends. While I think ads are still a very good thing, the audience for an ad is broad and we might hit one out of a couple thousand who know what a MUD is or why a MUD is fun. When we get bursts of newbies it's almost always immediately following a review - where the review was gets listed as where they found TI in chargen. If not after a review, it's "my friend told me this place might be fun, so here I am!". "
Azarial grins at Theodora.

Azarial states, "Sounds like someone is volunteering for qp for writing things up."

Kinaed states, "I think Niamh is saying - please, help us recruit by writing reviews on Reddit and/or TMC, and talk to your friends about joining us if you're keen to see more activity in the game. And from me - a sincere thank you as well if you do participate."

Niamh claims, "So! Reviews from players posted among audiences familiar with what a MUD is are very good for us, and word of mouth friend-to-friend is also very good. Ads are incoming regardless, but we do offer QP for both reviews and friend recruitment - if you've been considering writing one, do."

Kinaed questions, "I think that's all we have today. Anyone want to talk about anything further?"

Maura has already written reviews for the various sites listed, on top of a few non-mud sites advertsreviews

Kinaed says, "We can hang out and just chill, or I can wrap up the meeting early and everyone can go RP"

Niamh strokes Maura fondly.

Theodora states, "Woah"

Kinaed says to Maura, "Thank you. As Niamh said, that almost always leads to an uptick."

Prisca states, "On the domain helpfile topics, would be nice for not just nobles but characters from the domain to have a say on the features "

Azarial says, "We just need to get pat that steep looking learning curve at the beginning."

Kinaed states, "Hmm. I wonder how we can establish that. Domains are, mostly, invisible to people."

Azarial claims, "Past, rather."

Azarial thinks about delaying assets by ten hours like phomes to ease the initial burden.

Steven says, "I highly dislike that."

Niamh states, "I don't think anything is stopping a random citizen from a domain from submitting "Hey, I RP that the domain has this quirk" to the request board for approval. I'd probably lean firmly against their opinion if the noble who owns the domain said otherwise, though."

Kinaed says, "Certainly, I don't mind a request from a player who has a character in a domain to update a domain help file with their ideas, particularly if there's no noble on grid to filter them through."

Steven says, "Assets cost so much to get ingame that I'd rather players in chargen be able to purchase them if they have the XP for it."

Maura says, "Considering domain helpfiles don't really get written until a noble for that domain is created, if you have a character from that domain, could always talk with that noble while they are still in chargen or before writing."

Kinaed says, "Yes, if there is a noble on grid, it's probably best to ask the noble to send the request to staff, or CC the noble in the request."

Azarial claims, "I've watched a lot ask qiuestions about the assets, then go linkdead in the polca."

Niamh says to Azarial, "We need to put our heads together to get the story-based chargen moving."

Kinaed claims to Maura, "Old ones hold over though"

Azarial says, "And iirc hey still pay xp for them at the market to create them as cyan, if not just requesting to go back to chargen"

Prisca nods.

Steven muses, "Cyans can still create one at the market for the same price as chargen xp?"

Steven says, "I didn't know that"

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Don't leave me out of that, btw. Chargen needs an overhaul, and there are some specific requirements I'd like to get in there also"

Azarial questions, "I think so?"

Theia queries, "Eh?"

Niamh trails off to Kinaed, "Won't! It's very much an in the planning stages concept. I think it's actually in a by-Kinaed note..."

Steven wonders, "..teehee, start out as a baby figuring out what kind of family you're from?"

Prisca claims, "Yeah, Chargen's a bit long in the tooth. could likely make things a bit more streamlined"

Steven says, "In the story"

Theia claims, "I zoned out and then someone mentioned Cyan"

Steven asks, "And transition through growing up and learning what you become?"

Theia says, "I already know what I wanna be when I grow up."

Kinaed asks, "A real boy? :)"

Theia says, "And out of Cyan'ness that is"

Theia pontificates, "Nah... A real physician! :D"

Kinaed thumbs ups.

Maura wants to grow up to be a criminal mastermind... I mean a politician

Theia states, "Being a real boy is overrated. The Physicians is full of nothing but women right now."

Kinaed claims, "I'm waiting for a tell, by the way, before I judge if it's time to wrap things up."

Theia questions, "Maura. What's the difference?"

Niamh ponders.

Azarial claims, "One gets more tv time."

Theodora states, "I have one thought about a craft thing."

Maura sighs wistfully as they remember their "corrupt" politician "God I miss that character."

Kinaed wonders, "Has averyone had a look at the noble projects spec?"

Niamh comforts Maura.

Maura says, "I vaguely recall it"

Prisca states, "I haven't seen it."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Let's get where it's at out there then - because I wouldn't mind discussing ideas for it"

Kinaed has created Noble Projects Spec[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)Noble Projects Spec

Prisca questions, "Speaking of specs, what happened to that matchmaker thing? much progress on it?"

Prisca gets Noble Projects Spec.

Azarial claims, "Trying."

Maura gets Noble Projects Spec.

Steven states, "Ah, that"

Theia gets Noble Projects Spec.

Azarial states, "As the school year clsoes, the special needs are a bit more demanding."

Kinaed claims, "Apparently it's more complicated than I thought :) As always"

Theodora gets Noble Projects Spec.

Kinaed states, "Easy to conceive stuff in ideas, harder to implement."

Steven claims, "Such is the pain of being an inventor."

Empena stands up.

Empena starts to move towards the south and east.

Empena gets Noble Projects Spec.

Steven queries, "...what language uses yellow?"

Maura claims, "Eld"

Prisca reads over Noble Projects Spec, then looks up and says, "I like it."

Kinaed questions, "Did I leave a swath of that in Eld?"

Niamh claims to Kinaed, "Shaaaaame."

Azarial states, "You speak in eld."

Azarial claims, "But it should all translate in an ooc room./"

Kinaed says, "I know, but I just handed out a spec that may have a tag in it."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Empena questions, "Will there be something like this for other GLs too? Or will it always strictly be noble only?"

Kinaed states, "It'll be noble only"

Temi says, "The idea will be to draw nobles into RP, and give people incentive to do so."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Maura states, "Two things. I would love to see a version of this that better supports subverting a metric, or perhaps if it fails it also subverts a metric. That way those wishing to negatively affect a metric can do their best to do so by tampering or corrupting the noble's goal"

Prisca claims, "GLs hold more sway over things than most nobles at present."

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Prisca claims, "That's a good idea."

Maura also agrees with Prisca "GL's in general should hold more power in their city than rando visiting nobles."

Kinaed says to Prisca, "That is true, and potentially problematic for theme."

Kinaed claims to Maura, "I think that'll change a bit. As we recall, Lithmore is the capital, and the nobles are the representatives of the government."

Kinaed states, "The queen may be travelling a lot, but this is still her seat of power so to speak."

Niamh starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Maura muses to Kinaed, "Are GL's not representatives of the government?"

Steven says, "Hm"

Kinaed states, "Structurally, we know that isn't how the world is, but please expect some changes soon."

Maura queries to Kinaed, "And are you really argueing that a noble should ever hold more sway than say... the Grand Inquisitor who is a GL?"

Kinaed says to Maura, "Depends on the guild, but generally - no. Generally, they're representatives of organizations, like modern companies."

Steven wonders to Kinaed, "So some of the structural changes will sort of make Lithmore City like the center of government where it's pretty much treated like any Noble's lands but ultimately having to answer to the ruling Monarch?"

Kinaed states to Maura, "The GI is a special case, and I think you're well aware they don't equate to all GLs by any stretch."

Temi states, "And they also have plenty of power now."

Temi grins.

Kiryn states, "So basically the Queen's doing what our politicians up here do. Ruling Lithmore from anywhere but Lithmore."

Kiryn grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Ordering people killed is a big one."

Steven says to Maura, "As it stands, a Noble actually could have more say than the GI if the issue isn't a religious one."

Niamh finishes her note.

Kinaed says to Steven, "I'm not prepared to answer that question at this time, but will consider the ramifications of that opssibility."

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Niamh nods in agreement with Steven.

Niamh wonders, "Great Lords are given the Great Lord title so that they can be temporarily elevated to a noble's level, power-wise, yeah?"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Niamh states, "In their own specialized fields of influence."

Kiryn says, "If I'm reading helpfiles correctly, in cases the nobility and guild leadership are almost on equal terms. Justiciar, for example. IE: what Niamh said."

Maura ponders "Like I understand that notion Kinaed, at least for guilds like the merchants, physicians and brotherhood, but the reeves, knights and order are rather important aspects of the kingdom...

Steven states, "Justiciar is a Great Lord. THat's different."

Steven states, "*That's"

Niamh claims to Maura, "That's why they're led by Great Lords."

Kinaed says to Maura, "Are run by Great Lords."

Maura had typed up said pose before they saw niamh's reply

Niamh grins.

Kinaed smiles.

Niamh declaims, "Lightning fingers!"

Maura claims, "Morelike I was scrolled up."

Empena questions, "I guess my thing is, what is happening in this noble's lands if they use all their political power and clout in Lithmore rather than their area?"

Prisca asks, "Why's the GI not considered a Great Lord?"

Kinaed claims, "No stress, it's perfectly reasonable to raise your thoughts, and best for us to discuss them in the open so we can even see what things are concerning people and how we should approach changes"

Kinaed states, "The GI is a Great Lord as I recall"

Niamh nods.

Steven states, "I think there's a rather pervading problem of folks thinking the GI/Cardinal, etc, has the power to control secular matters. Sure, if it largely involves religious issues, they do, but they have absolutely zero secular authority otherwise."

Niamh claims, "GI, Earl Marshall, Justiciar, Seneschal."

Kinaed states, "Alas, it's the top of the hour. :)"

Niamh nods at Steven.

Temi states, "The GI is not, actually."

Empena states, "Some helpfiles might need to get updated with that one"

Niamh gasps at Temi.

Temi claims, "But their power is religious, not secular."

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "Did that change?"

Maura wonders, "But nonetheless, regardless of the GL bit, I stand by my prior bit of wanting a failing attempt to negatively affect metrics... Also I forget, do nobles get a free metric vote currently?"

Niamh nods.

Niamh states, "Makes sense."

Azarial states, "The cardinal might be the greta lord"

Kinaed says to Maura, "They do get a free metric vote."

Niamh states to Maura, "They do indeed."

Steven states to Maura, "They do"

Prisca says, "Seneschal, Justiciar, EM, and Chancellor of the Exchequer by the help file"

Temi nods.

Temi says, "And has been since we introduced seneschal."

Kinaed says, "I could swear that the GI used to be one."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Maura claims, "Ok, then if this change goes through, I definitely think that should be restricted to having to pay ip like a non gl, as that's a bit overpowered at that point."

Niamh says to Kinaed, "Thinking of Cardinal maybe? I think that might have been what I was thinking of."

Prisca queries, "What's a Chancellor of the Exchequer anyway?"

Niamh states, "Used to be a Court guild title."

Maura for metric votes... clarifying.

Steven asks, "Why is the EM a Great Lord btw? Is it so they have the power to physically arrest a Noble for religious reasons?"

Kinaed says, "The person who runs the treasury"

Azarial states, "The keeper of the royal purse strings, irc"

Prisca says, "Ah."

Maura trails off to Steven, "Probably the same reason the justiciar is... they lead the entirety of the knights in the kingdom"

Niamh claims to Steven, "I'd assume prestige."

Kinaed says to Steven, "So they can order it, potentially, but also just for esteem alone, I reckon"

Niamh states, "EM acts with the authority of the GI. But the prestige is important."

Steven claims to Maura, "The Justiciar is a Great Lord so they can try Nobility and investigate."

Temi says, "With how much issue we have keeping nobles lately, I don't think we need to water down the new thing we are adding to buff them up."

Steven says to Maura, "Has nothing to do with being over all the Reeves"

Azarial says, "Nothing says it has to be consistent, either. someone;s pissing matcha century ago can remain in the laws and traditions, as they do now."

Kinaed claims, "It's the top of the hour. :) Time to wrap up, my lovelies."

Niamh exclaims, "Byyye everyone!"

Niamh holds up the pluhsie and goes "PEW PEW PEW!".

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Azarial says, "You could also argue that the GI has enough on their plate to warrant not adding great lrod to it"

Kinaed says, "Thank you, everyone who came! I hope you make time for Temi's plot next week."

Prisca waves.

Steven says, "Omg the pewpew"

Kinaed declares, "In the meantime, have a lot of fun, and we'll look forward to seeing everyone next OOC Chat - and please help us advertise with a Review!"
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 am

Here's the Noble Projects spec from this meeting.

Subject: Overview 

Date: Thu Apr  5 05:11:17 2018

Lunisda, Maritus 7, 377

The goal of the Noble Projects Spec is to give noble characters the unique
ability to kick off projects that will alter city metrics directly over the
course of two weeks.

This should encourage nobles to be seen as the city movers and shakers as
well as give them RP opportunities by seeking support for their projects.  

In a general sense, it works by a noble (potentially City Council Members
only?) defining a project and linking it to a city metric.  They can specify
how much of a shift they want to attempt, and the game will calculate the IP
necessary for the project to succeed, and the time period in which they have
to apply the necessary IP to the project.  

Projects will be publicly visible, and players can either support or subvert
a project.  If the project succeeds, and IC Event will post proclaiming
success.  If it fails, either nothing will happen, or detractors can post
their own IC Event post. 

• Information