2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Talish claims, "I'd like to bring something up, if that's okay."

Kinaed claims to Talish, "Sure is. Please pre-type your topic introduction so you're ready to go when called upon."

Cataleya is here, ready to watch the roasting.

Empena states, "I have an idea someone mentioned that I'd like to bring up that's well ... sort of related to what I brought up last week."

Temi gives a decorative practice mace designed to resemble a fine lute to Maura.

Kinaed claims to Empena, "Got you, please pre-type"

Cataleya tries not to hug Maura, fails.

Norrig pontificates, "I got a topic too!"

Valyn wonders, "I've probably something I'd want to voice.. I'll pre-type some stuff, but.. I guess it'd fit under 'Player Topics'?"

Valyn says, "First time. I haven't a clue of the flow of these things."

Kinaed says to Norrig, "You're on the list, same deal, please pre-type"

Maura squints at the suspicious hugging of Cataleya, wiggles their way out of it

Kinaed claims to Valyn, "Have you on the list too"

Kinaed says, "Oops, seem to be hitting enter twice when I'm trying to hit it once for some reason."

Justin says, "I have something too"

Justin says, "(small thing) "

Kinaed says to Valyn, "I'll call on you when it's your turn."

Kinaed says to Justin, "I've got you"

Valyn nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Okay, anyone else? The list is getting long at the moment, so I hope we have time to give everyone the attention their topics deserve."

Kinaed states, "If anyone comes up with anything throughout the meeting, please send me a tell. On that note, I'd like to kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed says, "I processed the request queue a couple of times last week, but that's it. Maybe read some posts."

Kinaed says, "Work life balance issues at the moment. "

Kinaed states, "On my plate - jail automation. Actually, I did finish the lore spec last week."

Cataleya claims, "Uh oh"

Kinaed claims, "Oh wait."

Kinaed says, "Everyone drop that and stop reading"

Kinaed claims, "I may have a staff view of guildleader in there"

Cataleya claims, "Oooops."

Kinaed claims, "Which wouldn't be fair to a covert guiild leader - just let me check."

Kinaed claims, "Nope, it's safe"

Kinaed claims, "Sorry for the scare there."

Maura bathes in the sea of green text

Kinaed wipes sweat from her brow.

Cataleya grins and can't see green, so she just reads instead.

Argus states, "Yay, City Lore is being buffed."

Argus states, "Best skill."

Justin states, "Shoot, I wanted to see my numerical value"

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, so that's me. Azarial, you're up!"

Kinaed states, "Oh, if people have ideas or suggestions for the spec, please submit them via the forums or Personal Board."
Vlora gets City Lore Updates.

Azarial says, "Poking at ome of the more difficult iussues on my list, mainly. not much visible progress outside of the five minute rpxp bonus"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Justin drops City Lore Updates.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "I kicked that back to your board with a messaging adjustment by the way."

Norrig states, "Damnit"

Kinaed comforts Norrig.

Azarial nods.

Kinaed says, "Yeah, I don't see anything major on the boards that people would notice other than the 5 minute incentive."

Kinaed states to Temi, "Okay, you're up. :)"

Temi says, "I've been working on a couple main things: reviewing magecrafting to ensure everything is fitting some standards we've discussed, and working on a spec for mob appraisal. Also going through new nob applications and helping get those sorted out, which always takes a bit of time."

Cataleya claims, "Sorry I was reading all taht time"

Cataleya drops City Lore Updates.

Temi states, "No changes on the magecrafting yet, but we'll have some going forwards, primarily with things decaying."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed questions to Niamh, "Are you able to give an update?"

Talish claims, "That could be fun, new magecrafting stuff."

Temi trails off, "She gave us an update..."

Temi states, "For the OOC meeting, my update: Redid the auction house to way trim it back, assigned an invisible profile field linking forum account with in-game and populated them accordingly, introduced the peddler's market and wrote the scripts for the 4 mobs currently there (what this does is takes out of retired crafting mats and switches them out automatically for players into crafting mats we're still using). Wrote help religion confession, and that's about it"

Deaidry wonders, "What is the pedaler's market? Just out of sheer curiosity?"

Kinaed claims, "I missed it. Just for awareness, folks - these meetings tend to be terribly spammy for me. I get tells along with wiznet and stuff, so if I fail to respond to something you've said, it's most likely that it just whizzed by and I didn't see it. If you want to check, please send me a tell 'Did you see what I said about X?' and it'll draw my attentioin."

Cataleya states, "Oh ok, because I wasn't sure if Niamh posed an update"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks."

Ivar questions, "Its not gonna list citizens who have a champion tag in some of the more uh, hidden skills right? Like mages and thieves skills"

Justin claims, "It just says they are a champion"

Justin claims, "Not at what"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, we have a full roster today, so I want to move through our agenda to make sure everyone has a chance to raise their topics today. So, if we can open the floor to the Player Heartbeat - how was your RP this last week, everyone?"

Temi says, "She described it there - it's set up to trade old materials for new ones."

Justin says, "(according to the spec) "

Norrig says, "Yeah what's the peddler's market? And why was the change to the auction h-- ah, nevermind"

Kinaed claims to Ivar, "It doesn't list the skill at all, just the champions"

Norrig says, "It was awesome rp, I'm feeling like a hollywood producer"

Deaidry laughs.

Cataleya says, "What was awesome rp? Sorry."

Norrig states, "With magery"

Norrig nods

Valyn says to Kinaed, "Close to horrible. Nonexistent despite various attempts, over the last weeks. Great scenes with those I've RPed at, but still... quite bad."

Kinaed states to Norrig, "A place to swap vnums for crafts - ie, got an apple that you can't bake with? See the peddlar, and he'll give you a crafting apple in exchange for your dud apple."

Cataleya states, "Oh, right."

Kinaed comforts Valyn.

Cataleya states, "Um... rp was good... Pretty quiet on the homefront, less tears... much drunkiness. Fun, though."

Temi states to Valyn, "Is that just personal bad luck or something we should be looking at/"

Cataleya says, "More anger. :P"

Kinaed questions to Valyn, "Why do you think the RP was bad? Hard finding people to RP with? People not acknowledging your RP? Something else?"

Bliss claims, "I've not been able to do much RP, but the stuff I've been able to do has been nice, such as the Order stuff."

Valyn states, "Looking at, I say. Was also what I was going to voice, but I think I vould drop it on a forum"

Ivar claims, "I had a pretty cool scene in the Queens last night."

Kinaed smiles at Bliss.

Empena claims, "I had some pretty rough emotional scenes, so you are welcome and/or I'm sorry for those who were in on that."

Kinaed comforts Valyn.

Kinaed states to Valyn, "Whatever you're most comfortable with in terms of getting it out there is fine with us."

Cataleya trails off, "It's ok Emps, I wasn't in on it, but uh... Cat is usually emotional these days, m'dear"

Maura states, "Rp was interesting... Think a scene I had lead someone to make a very hard choice with their character, and I certainly wish I hadn't now."

Cataleya notes she never sceens with maura, ever...

Deaidry states, "I've been gone for over a year, just came back yesterday, can't say much."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi states, "Sometimes having to make those hard choices is good for character development."

Valyn claims, "I have stood on WHERERP for >8 hours without any other players on accessible WHERERP rooms without biters, I've seen people sneak one room away from where I was on WHERERP, disappearing after what I... assume was just checking in if they knew the player.. I've not had biters on OOC or my guild-channel that could provide RP in like.. an hour-notice"

Kinaed exclaims, "Welcome back!"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Norrig says to Valyn, "I'll toss you a pretty bardess"

Temi nods.

Deaidry smiles at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "It's certainly discouraging being somewhere waiting for rp, have someone open the door, and then close it without coming in, like you don't make the cut."

Maura glances to Temi "True... but given circumstances, couldn't really afford that character making that choice."

Valyn states, "Or well 8, make that 6 before maybe someone'd hop by a spot as the Queens/Bear+Boar. So yeah, I've been annoyed. The only way you get to meet new faces in here is, apparently, waiting for a 5+ man scene to start at either the crossroads or Queen's."

Valyn says, "Not just that"

Valyn trails off, "But aye..."

Cataleya claims, "Toss me and I'll bitchslap you"

Kinaed states to Valyn, "Maybe some more active ways of looking for RP might help? People usually only go to places with whereRP for random encounters when their other RP contact methods have failed. It's the baseline default, so if the mud truly is hopping, people will be engrossed with their activities and probably not hanging at the local bar."

Bliss looks at Valyn. "I am usually up for RP, but I don't know many locations, and I'm rather shy about joining into an RP location that has more than one player around. If it's just you, though, standing in one place for a while, I'd usually come look

Valyn states, "I've seen that happen twice in about... five minutes yesterday, because what I assume was the fact that there were 3 cyans in the Queen's."

Norrig states to Valyn, "You can and should send messengers"

Temi states, "I have noticed that people definitely are more likely to come to rooms with at least 2 people, and there will be hours of no one coming, and then suddenly there's a second and they pour in."

Norrig states, "Chances are you aren't the only one 'fishing'"

Bliss trails off, "I dislike entering a room with more than one person..."

Ivar states, "I dunno. I saw folks at the Queens, went, and found like 3 people rping, one cyan and two non cyan."

Valyn states to Norrig, "To who? I know almost nobody, and if I have seen all the same names on WHO I have been seeing during all those countless hours I've been on WHERERP - without biters - I can only assume they're usually busy those hours."

Ivar claims, "And managed to get into it."

Cataleya claims, "I usually am by myself, truth be told because I prefer one on one sceens, any more than three and it gets spammy as hell to me and I end up overloading if there's four or five or six."

Deaidry claims, "Back when I used to play all the time, I'll enter almost anywhere where there's another person. Group or multiples."

Cataleya claims, "Me too bliss darling."

Cataleya bats eyelashes at bliss.

Temi claims, "Could just be when population is picking up, of course."

Niamh has reconnected.

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cataleya claims, "I will, though, but I mean, I would usually rp with one person there out of the three."

Justin says, "My personal advice for meeting people is joining a conflict focused guild -- the Knights, the Thieves, and the Reeves "

Valyn states to Norrig, "I know about... six people ICly, six that I'd probably actually be able to messenger. I've only recently learned that I can actually do GUILDLIST MERCHANTS or whatev., but.. yeah.. It doesn't really seem like you can 'seek RP' by using WHERERP. That's what I was hoping to voice later, the fact WHERERP is feeling horribly useless."

Ivar states, "If youre in a guild, try messengering them instead of asking on guild. folks tend to react to it better"

Valyn says, "I did, Justin."

Valyn claims to Ivar, "Nope. They were checking in."

Norrig says to Valyn, "Send for me, we'll meet up and laugh at the reeves"

Norrig nods.

Justin says, "I do think that there are times when the game doesn't have many cyans and established relationships become very calcified, but I'm not sure of a fix"

Bliss pontificates, "We RPed once, I think, Valyn? I'd definitely be up for more!"

Cataleya claims, "We rped once too miss Bliss."

Cataleya claims, "Except it was on another self."

Kinaed states, "Hmm. Statistics wise, I think you're getting RP - you have 74 hours of RP with 216 hours online, and have managed to RP your way into a guild... and you've been around less than a month, so dividing your 74 by the 4ish weeks you've been around, you're RPing approximately 20 hours per week. The average player RPs 10."

Ivar wonders, "Could someone port me back home?"

Bliss declares, "Yep!"

Valyn says to Bliss, "We did not, Bliss. We did promise aye, but you did say you were busy. I think we only walked past each other. I'm always checking in."

Kinaed asks, "It may be an expectation thing?"

Valyn says to Kinaed, "Yeah, which was probably with about three or four people."

Kinaed asks of Valyn, "All new players or old ones?"

Bliss claims, "Hm... I thought we did. Regardless, I'd still like to."

Ivar states, "Could a staffer port me out plz. Need to log out."

Valyn wonders, "Old... I think?"

Valyn says, "The Cyans Ive met that ACTUALLY gave me a majority of my 74 hours were also Darian's ones."

Valyn says, "So there's that."

Cataleya says, "One sec y'all"

Justin begins to count their money.

Valyn states to Bliss, "Heh, same! I'm always checking in on our channel, and basically... Whenever anyone here sees me on WHO, I'm available for RP. Often on WHERERP too."

Deaidry exclaims, "Nice to know!!!"

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "Well, I do hope some of the tips here - sending messengers, seeking out cyans, looking for guild RP, can help. Another tip I'd have is to do something, and make excuses to enter other people's RP."

Kinaed says, "'just walking by'"

Bliss claims, "Okay! We should definitely have a scene together after this! I check 'where' a lot, but usually the people who are alone are in places I don't know."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims to Bliss, "Thank you :)"

Empena says, "Well ... for everyone looking for a bit of RP today there's going to be a messenger going around for reasons."

Norrig smiles at Empena.

Valyn claims to Kinaed, "That's what I said. Nobody was available, it was all like... 3 people at a hall nobody could find, or some guild hall, or an office."

Valyn says to Kinaed, "If I want RP, I start by asking friends I see on, check WHERERP where I could invade, then ask OOC or my guild."

Kinaed questions to Valyn, "Perhaps try to find where those locations are?"

Kinaed nods at Valyn.

Temi states, "I always enjoy having people wander to me or wandering in to people more than arranging RP, myself. But sometimes there's just not a lot of people available. Sometimes I've set scenes for people to wander into that catch attention."

Kinaed claims, "I can't fix everything, but I am trying to help."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Margaux asks of Valyn, "Which guild are you in?"

Valyn states to Kinaed, "Appreciated! But I've literally been in all corners of the City, trying to use travel to find those. None."

Valyn says, "Knights."

Valyn states, "With one of our members only JUST returning, it was only me and my GL that were 'active' Knights."

Bliss trails off, "It's also annoying that I've set actions for myself in certain areas just for people to walk by..."

Bliss states, "But I suppose that's TRAVEL so I can't say much about it"

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Valyn, "Well, I think Temi is suggesting something like going to the corner of the crossroads, setting the mood to how there's a huge carriage spill, then sending a town crier out that there's a disturbance at the crossroads - stuff like that can engineer RP"

Temi nods.

Margaux states, "Perhaps run some adhoc events related to your guild/guild position and do a global messenger, those tend to draw people."

Valyn trails off, "Huh.. See, I'm new. What's a 'town cryer thing' and..."

Argus is idle.

Talish says to Valyn, "Some rooms are behind 'accept' rooms. For example, you can't get into the Keep without going through a room where you accept search and seizure, so this would block travel mapping."

Temi claims, "People do wander past, but sometimes they don't."

Temi claims to Valyn, "Messenger to everyone"

Valyn queries, "Give me silver?"

Margaux begins to count their money.

Empena says, "For anyone who randomly wants Doctor RP 'I have a tummy ache' can bring you over to the Madison, I'm usually wandering around there a lot or can be if I'm sent for."

Valyn claims, "I mean I am not upset here or anything.. It's just.. the WHERERP stuff that seem ineffective to EVER lure anyone in, or the fact people walk past and dart out when it's not a friend of theirs they see or.. whatever reason they would have for only walking past asap."

Valyn nods at Empena.

Kinaed smiles at Empena.

Justin says, "If I'm on whererp in my Office, I'm down for impromptu interrupts. It's just east of the Council Sitting Room"

Valyn states to Empena, "You're on of the few non-Darian chars I can actualyl rely on for RP."

Valyn says, "Could."

Justin declaims, "It will be locked, but feel free to knock! "

Deaidry wonders, "Darian chars? What's that?"

Maura strums their fingers...

Kinaed declaims, "Guys, it's 8:30 and we have a full list. We've given some suggestions, and I hope they work. To be fair to other players, let's please move to the Player Topics section of today! Talish, you're up first!"

Valyn claims, "Oh.. Some player who played... a hundred-and-eight chars."

Talish claims, "I noticed that TI seems to have taken a turn toward more magery, and was wondering why that was? I'm mainly asking because it used to be that it was wanted to be about 25% magey, now (if you include latents) we are at about 50%. And in character creation it seems to want to push for magery. You get 3 choices, Yes/Surprise/No, if you choose No, it then says, 'Everyone has a chance of being a mage, want to pay 5k xp to not be a mage for sure?'. Which basically makes all 3 choices magey based, unless I pay xp to be magic free."

Kinaed claims, "For the record, we're sitting at 25% magery right now."

Temi claims, "We've never been aiming at 50%, 25% is still the goal."

Talish exclaims, "I put my latency disclaimer in! :P"

Justin says, "It's 33% mage and almost 50% mage and latent according to census"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Census data is skewed. Mine is not."

Margaux states, "Never rely on census."

Kinaed says, "There's random buffer supplied there."

Talish states, "Ohhhh, still the chargen does seem to push for magey"

Kinaed states, "Does it? That's interesting."

Kinaed queries, "So when you go through, it feels like there's a push to be a mage?"

Talish states to Kinaed, "I can be a full mage for free, but have to pay 5k for the other end of not being a mage at all."

Kinaed states, "We may need to review wording there then."

Bliss stands up.

Bliss begins to descend.

Bliss leaves down.

Kinaed states, "Ahh, to avoid the latency lottery. Yep."

Talish claims, "I like magery, don't get me wrong, but it caught me off guard."

Margaux asks, "Maybe a carrot for taking the surprise option instead of the stick to avoid it?"

Temi claims, "That's something we've debated a bit in staffy land. The idea is that latency isn't something you can choose, but more a background surprise for characters that they might have to handle as a devout Davite"

Norrig nods at Margaux.

Cataleya claims, "I would pay five k"

Cataleya trails off, "Like... totally"

Justin questions, "What about making it cost xp to avoid the lottery in either direction? "

Norrig queries, "Latency is pyre worthy right?"

Empena says, "But how do you like ... RP thing, because arguably the way to RP your latency is an affinity to things with that element."

Kinaed says, "Yes, I think latency is pyre worthy."

Margaux says to Norrig, "Most def"

Deaidry says, "Wait, when did that come in? When I created this char back in August, that wasn't there. Oh and I agree with Justin on that part."

Cataleya questions, "What if you don't know you'r llatent?"

Kinaed says, "You won't know you're a latent."

Cataleya says, "Ok"

Cataleya says, "But pay five k for nomage, i'd do it"

Temi states, "Most people wouldn't know they are latent until the RP comes to a head"

Valyn states to Cataleya, "That's an option right now, aye."

Kinaed states, "We can change the wording, but it's only one roll either way. But we'll look at inverting that so that it doesn't feel 'pro mage' on creation. And maybe add some heavier warnings."

Deaidry wonders, "But what about the people who created a char before this entire thing/ Because it wasn't an option before. Does that mean you've automatically become a latent?"

Justin claims, "I think the costs of avoiding the lottery should be for both sides, and I think they should be higher, personally"

Kinaed muses to Talish, "Anything else we haven't covered in your topic?"

Kinaed states to Deaidry, "It means you have a chance to be a latent."

Talish claims, "That was pretty much it, just seems skewed since you have to pay for non-latency."

Temi states, "If you created a character before this went in, you've got what you selected."

Margaux says to Justin, "I'd like to give newbies the chance for 'Easy mode'. Maybe one free 'no' per account."

Emma has written a new note, Birth Announcement, on the Personal board.

Valyn claims to Talish, "I agree with that. It felt strange I had to PAY not to be potentially insta-pyrable"

Kinaed states to Valyn, "Alas, this is a non-consensual game that's underlying themes are about unfairness and paranoia."

Justin states, "To margaux True. I'm not sure how the new latency system works, to be honest. Haven't been latent in years"

Cataleya states, "Heh"

Valyn says to Kinaed, "Oh, I mean... I just misunderstood the option. I thought that if I didn't pay the 5k, I was already a latent in a way. Think I read somewhere long ago that Order chars don't want anyone latent in their ranks, at least.. for Applications back then, so I did no."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, I've got an action item to review and clarify the chargen warning as a result of this cinvo"

Valyn nods.

Valyn claims, "I'm sure it's mostly confusing to real new players, like myself."

Temi gives a decorative practice mace designed to resemble a fine lute to Prisca.

Kinaed nods at Valyn.

Kinaed states, "We'll look at it."

Prisca nibbles on a decorative practice mace designed to resemble a fine lute.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, we have a lot of topics to go and only 20 min. Empena, can you introduce us?"

Empena states, "I've mentioned in a few meetings some issues/concerns with some of the info that is currently held behind the skill block of Mercantilism. One of those things that another player has noted is the frustration of discovering items do not have a full description after purchase. As such, I'd like to propose the idea of being able to add a longer descrip to an item without fully retooling it. Or that being some kind of lesser cost than totally remaking it. As you are arguably clarifying something already there."

Valyn squeeks happily at Empena.

Niamh muses to Empena, "Kinda like how keywords work?"

Empena nods at Niamh.

Niamh nods.

Kinaed muses, "I think we noted last week that there's a bug that @shop_info isn't showing on shop appraise. Is this related to that?"

Niamh states to Kinaed, "She means making it possible for people to use "tool <object> ed add <keyword>" without the item being toolable. So say you buy a helmet from a crafter and it has no long desc, you could add one to it. It's not really changing the item, just elaborating on what's there."

Valyn nods.

Kinaed says, "I'm happy to do that if there's no extra desc on the item already, sure."

Empena nods.

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, Norrig, you're up!"

Cataleya states, "Ok, imma say it again. I describe all my stuff, it's why it takes me longer."

Kinaed nods at Cataleya.

Norrig clears his throat and says firmly: "I need to know if I can or cannot use RL songs for my bardic performances. I've heard disparaging things about it and, well, I'm not a lyrics or music composer."

Kinaed says, "It'd be great if everyone held to your standards."

Cataleya states, "On my third self. :P"

Maura claims, "Not a fan of being able to add extended descs to a item you didn't make without completely retooling it."

Valyn nods in agreement.

Prisca nods at Maura.

Temi claims, "You can't claim them as your own works."

Cataleya muses, "Then shouldn't it be standard that people should start adding descs to items?"

Maura states, "No"

Kinaed states to Norrig, "You can, just don't write it into books or take credit for it. We don't accept copyrighted material for in-game submissions, but don't care if you just sing stuff."

Niamh claims to Norrig, "'My Humps', the Queen's Inn."

Kinaed claims to Cataleya, "It should, but they don't, and I don't see a problem with letting people who buy something they thought was rounded out do so."

Temi claims, "Also, if you use modern stuff... please keep in mind that that may be jarring for people, who hear the modern style of it."

Niamh scuffs foot at Temi.

Valyn states to Norrig, "I think I used part of a Johnny Cash song as an actual bit of story-to-tell-others on Val."

Cataleya snorts

Valyn states, "Rephrase it to be more pro-medieval"

Norrig ahs, then nods slowly: "I may add an osay disclaimer with a link or something then. This applies to songs I modify? And I only mean irish pub songs mostly."

Cataleya states, "I would tose sing my humps in the queen's niamh, just for you."

Niamh nods at Valyn.

Empena says, "Yeah, like there's a difference between some 15th century poem from the Dacameron and you know .. Lady Gaga"

Temi claims, "I don't think using real irish pub songs and saying they are traditional is bad at all"

Kinaed claims, "That's fine. It does apply to songs that are modified as well - feel free to sing, don't turn it into a persistent object in, say, our library."

Cataleya claims, "I use old ass songs I find on the internet, which incidentally is for porn."

Kinaed says, "Unless it's such a total reworking that the origin is inspiration, not plagiarism. "

Maura the one time they played a bard they looked up medieval songs, and reworked a bit.

Temi gives a decorative practice mace designed to resemble a fine lute to Draven.

Norrig states, "All good, we can move on."

Kinaed muses, "Wow, that went fast. Here I was worried that we wouldn't get through everyone - Valyn's already raised his topic, so has said he'll take it to the forums, and that leaves us with Justin - Justin, please introduce us to your topic?"

Justin says, "Would it be possible to be able to effort stats? There are times when I think my character should fail a check, but their stats are high enough that they basically can't. "

Prisca nods.

Empena says, "I think that was also put on the forums once."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, you can already do so with skills, but we haven't built it for stats yet."

Temi says, "I have no issue with effort for stats, I just don't think we ever put it in for stats"

Temi claims, "Not due to any issues"

Kinaed claims, "It's actually on our agenda, but that tells you it may be awhile off."

Maura questions, "Why not just rp as you failing then? Like if you aren't going to go with the result of the roll, why bother even rolling in the first place?"

Kinaed states to Temi, "I think it may already be on the bug board. Maybe. Adding a note."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Quite possible"

Kinaed states to Maura, "That's a decent stopgap."

Justin says, "Sometimes it's a contest or actually room stat check"

Maura asks, "Stopgag?"

Valyn nods at Justin.

Kinaed declaims to Maura, "Stopgap - sorry!"

Kinaed claims, "Uh, something you put in place to 'plug a hole' or 'stop a gap between existing and desired functionality'"

Valyn says, "Band-aid solution."

Talish claims to Justin, "I've added modifiers on my rolls due to wounds or something, even if I roll a success, if it still wound up outside the modifier, would be a loss. It was one of the reasons my mage wound up caught."

Cataleya muses, "I literally fail my stats sometimes because ... um.. hmm, because?"

Kinaed nods at Valyn.

Maura states, "Ah"

Norrig liked the idea of gagging people...

Kinaed smiles.

Cataleya claims, "You barbarian."

Prisca claims, "You could roll 1d(effort) in the meantime instead. though it wouldn't help for contest and such"

Kinaed states, "Okay, so it is 8:53 am here in sunny Australia (neener neener, it's still warm here) ... which leaves us with a handful of minutes before we wrap up."

Empena raises a hand.

Kinaed muses to Empena, "Yes? :)"

Niamh complains at Kinaed.

Maura considers something with this "Isn't it policy to rp out what your stats are? Like you shouldn't rp your character as super strong, if they only have 20 in str as an example."

Norrig nods at Prisca.

Valyn nods at Maura.

Norrig states, "Effort is always downwards."

Justin claims, "Plus there are times when you want to lose a fight and efforting skill to 1 won't work"

Kinaed claims to Maura, "It is, but people can legitimately pretend or throw a contest intentionally to hide their prowess."

Temi says, "Pretending to be better than you are only tends to work while you aren't demonstrating."

Temi grins.

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Maura says, "No doubt about that, but that should be done via poses... some indicator that they are purposefully hiding or losing... versus it being done purely by code.""

Talish says to Justin, "For fighting, one of the best fights I ever saw was between Casimir and Ariel. They never used coded combat, emoted it all and I think used rolls."

Cataleya states, "That is kinda awesome"

Valyn pontificates to Talish, "I am heavily pro that appraoch!"

Justin claims, "I understand the work-arounds, but sometimes you are forced into code"

Maura loves emoted combat... her 12 hour story had no coded combat whatsoever.

Kinaed claims, "I don't think they're required to indicate they're lying, though it's often a good thing to contest cha vs wisdom (the perception stat) to see if someone detects deceit."

Cataleya giggles.

Talish trails off, "And then the Prime Medicus headbutted someone else while wearing a metal mask......"

Kinaed nods.

Cataleya states, "Ofmg"

Temi states, "I know people have used effort to represent something like a temporary injury or such too. So not just underplaying yourself, but not being at your best"

Cataleya claims, "That is a bit giggle worthy"

Kinaed says, "There is no policy requirement that combat use the combat system instead of just rando emotes."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Prisca claims, "There's a lengthy helpfile on emote combat."

Kinaed says, "The combat system is the default arbitration system when players aren't interested and willing to 'work it out' themselves."

Valyn states, "So something worth talking about with potential spar-partners. Cool. I'm very glad to hear people enjoy emote combat"

Cataleya loves emote combat

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Valyn.

Empena questions, "As Brewing isn't Guilded, and there's no direct GL who would oversee the submission, as being well ... versed, if one wanted to submit a "help alcohol" file on various boozy types for RP purposes, yes/no?"

Niamh says, "Tldr: It would be handy to be able to use effort on stats. >_>"

Temi claims, "Unfortunately, emote combat also doesn't give skill."

Talish claims, "And from personal experience, it takes people in combat about 3 rounds to notice you are emoting while they are actually fighting. >.>"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Valyn nods in agreement with Draven.

Temi claims to Empena, "I don't know that we'd be opposed to that"

Kinaed states, "An osay can probably abbreviate that wait."

Niamh states to Empena, "I mean, it would pretty much make my day if someone did."

Valyn says to Temi, "Sparring gives horrible pool, anyways, out of my experience"

Talish says to Kinaed, "Nah, it's more fun when they realize you haven't been attacking."

Kinaed states, "Sparring gives far better pool than training, actually."

Niamh nods.

Maura nods to Talish "Yeah... I recently had a spar with someone. I was doing these detailed emotes for each attack, while they were putting out simplistic attacks. It was disheartening."

Draven whacks the floor with his lute-mace in response to Valyn

Niamh comforts Maura.

Valyn states, "I smacked my GL thrce with a sword, got 4%."

Norrig states, "That's how it's supposed to work."

Kinaed claims, "We have a coded bias in-game to provide more 'bang for your buck' if you spar to increase combat skills (it's interactive) rather than fight mobs or train at a trainer."

Norrig claims, "Not like, riding which pools ridiculously fast."

Prisca states, "It gives more pool per use, but generally slower since it takes longer between emotes than just wailing on a trainer."

Valyn says, "Normally, with how most fighters seem very high-level, I'd be downed in about 5 turns. So.. 6% per spar sounds horrible compared to TEACH."

Niamh muses to Norrig, "Fallen prey to the "I just got a horse!" "...I just grandmastered ride D:" ?"

Kinaed claims to Prisca, "We might need to look at the balance again."

Justin states to Valyn, "There's actually a complex explanation for that. The first action that gives you pool in a skill doesn't actually give you any progress -- so make sure that you hit him a couple more times"

Kinaed exclaims, "We've hit the top of the hour!"

Maura admits to the fact they eventually got tired of waiting for skills to pool and level up after 20+ characters, that all their recent characters have relatively high int and wis...

Prisca claims to Niamh, "Ah, I have been meaning to bring that up."

Cataleya does detailed emotes for everything

Valyn claims to Justin, "Mmhm... I guess we would just need more low-level fighters. I can't fight most of the combatants we ahve now, most of them capped on everything."

Kinaed exclaims, "I want to thank everyone for coming today, and I hope we'll see you next week. Please also consider writing a review for TI (and if you've written one and want some QP, let us know!)"
Valyn states to Justin, "So I'd barely hit those."

Kinaed says, "The best sites for that are Reddit and TMC."

Talish stops using a decorative practice mace designed to resemble a fine lute.

Justin claims, "Most of them are not capped, trust me, but they are probably pretty high. Ask them to effort their skills downwards"

Maura questions, "Where does one even submit a review for TI on reddit?"

Valyn writes a review now 'TI is cool, you get QP for being smart or a grammarnazi and staff actually listens to players.'

Valyn waits for sick QP.

Niamh claims to Maura, "/r/MUD"

Prisca says, "Would be nice to be able to give more than a single ride lesson, as someone who owns a stables. it pools waaaaaaay too fast by just riding."

Talish wonders, "So the theme of this gift is 'music is pain'?"

Norrig nods at Prisca.

Niamh nods at Prisca.

Niamh grins at Talish.

Norrig states, "Extremely so."

Cataleya asks, "Please no more pain, ok?"

Kinaed states to Maura, "I think poeple just write reviews freeform there. We get a lot of traffic comparably from Reddit, so having a presence there would be very good for us."

Norrig says, "I could become champion if I wanted in a week."

Valyn says to Prisca, "I usually RP out that a teach won't instantly make me great at it.."

Cataleya states, "Cat would literally lose her shit"

Cataleya is a good victem, ok?

Valyn claims to Prisca, "I got taught up to 15+ in one teach from 0, I won't act like my char instantly is great at it and, even if I'd have hit a cap there, have returned to my teacher."

Norrig claims to Maura, "For reviews"

Norrig says to Maura, "Go to /MUDs"

Kinaed claims to Talish, "It's actually in honor of a spar between a bard and... a knight, I think? this week."

Norrig claims, "Meeee"

Temi nods.

Maura strokes their sudden beard and ponders writing a review on reddit "TI is Horrible, and the playerbase smells. Stay away." review done

Norrig raises his hand like a GOOD BOY

Niamh claims to Maura, "-> https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, I'm going to put everyone back now. I'm going to see RL jousting today, so have to keep to a schedule. You all have fun now! See you next week!"
Last edited by Starstarfish on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Edited me reading the new Lore spec into a separate post:

get lore
Empena gets City Lore Updates.

read lore
01: Overview
02: New Lore Submission
03: City Lore Guildleader command updates
04: City Leaders command
05: Bid List Command

read 2 lore
Empena examines City Lore Updates.
Subject: New Lore Submission

Date: Sun Mar 11 20:33:02 2018

Balasdes, Decembris 3, 376

Syntax: city lore

iSytax: city lore edit #

City Lore Submission

Room : <room title, defaults to current room, cannot be changed>
Description: <editor, max 800 characters>
Level : <recommended level, defaults as 1>

Type 'submit' to send this lore to staff for approval or 'cancel' to abort.

NOTES:
- City lore submissions go to the staff request queue.
- Staff should be able to edit the POLCA to make corrections prior to accepting.
- Accepting in the request queue will automatically award the submitting player
QP and/or rec as staff enter on request queue processing.
- If a staff member rejects a lore submission, the submission should be deleted.
- Alert the player if their lore submission is rejected.

read 3 lore
Subject: City Lore Guildleader command updates

Date: Sun Mar 11 20:47:08 2018

GUILDLEADER COMMAND UPDATES

City Lore rank 0:

Kinaed needs the city lore skill to access the guildleader command!

City Lore rank 1-6

GUILD GUILDLEADER
Thieves *Covert*
Order Farra dul Baildana
Order Vlora von Vashaak
Merchants Elle ab Wilde
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman
Troubadours Norrig Donoven
Reeves Steven dul Greighton
Reeves Gael Longarm
Physicians Nadya Ferrus
Physicians Empena Astartes

* Please mail Tenebrae to contact the Brotherhood (Thieves).

City lore rank 7-14:

GUILD GUILDLEADER
Thieves *Covert*
Order Farra dul Baildana
Order Vlora von Vashaak
Merchants Elle ab Wilde
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman
Troubadours Norrig Donoven
Reeves Steven dul Greighton
Reeves Gael Longarm
Physicians Nadya Ferrus
Physicians Empena Astartes

The Council has no 1st GL.
The Council has no 2nd GL.

City lore rank 15-25:

GUILD GUILDLEADER RANK
Thieves *Covert* Tenebrae (GL)
Order Farra dul Baildana Grand Inquisitor (GL)
Order Vlora von Vashaak Earl Marshall (GL)
Merchants Elle ab Wilde Grand Magnate (GL)
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman Magnate (GL)
Troubadours Norrig Donoven Poet Laudate (GL)
Reeves Steven dul Greighton Justiciar (GL)
Reeves Gael Longarm Proconsul (GL)
Physicians Nadya Ferrus Prime Medicus (GL)
Physicians Empena Astartes Epion (GL)

City lore rank 26-35:

GUILD GUILDLEADER RANK
Thieves *Covert* Tenebrae (GL)
Order Farra dul Baildana Grand Inquisitor (GL)
Order Vlora von Vashaak Earl Marshall (GL)
Merchants Elle ab Wilde Grand Magnate (GL)
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman Magnate (GL)
Troubadours Norrig Donoven Poet Laudate (GL)
Reeves Steven dul Greighton Justiciar (GL)
Reeves Gael Longarm Proconsul (GL)
Physicians Nadya Ferrus Prime Medicus (GL)
Physicians Empena Astartes Epion (GL)

Gael Longarm's position is tenuous and vulnerable to a gambit!

City Lore rank 36-46:

GUILD GUILDLEADER RANK APPROVAL
Thieves *Covert* Tenebrae (GL) Loved
Order Farra dul Baildana Grand Inquisitor (GL) Loved
Order Vlora von Vashaak Earl Marshall (GL) Entrenched
Merchants Elle ab Wilde Grand Magnate (GL) Entrenched
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman Magnate (GL) Loved
Troubadours Norrig Donoven Poet Laudate (GL) Loved
Reeves Steven dul Greighton Justiciar (GL) Neutral
Reeves Gael Longarm Proconsul (GL) Despised
Physicians Nadya Ferrus Prime Medicus (GL) Neutral
Physicians Empena Astartes Epion (GL) Entrenched

City Lore rank 47-60:

GUILD GUILDLEADER RANK APPROVAL
Thieves *Covert* Tenebrae (GL) Loved ( 5)
Order Farra dul Baildana Grand Inquisitor (GL) Loved ( 5)
Order Vlora von Vashaak Earl Marshall (GL) Entrenched ( 9)
Merchants Elle ab Wilde Grand Magnate (GL) Entrenched ( 10)
Merchants Laliene ab Hoffman Magnate (GL) Loved ( 5)
Troubadours Norrig Donoven Poet Laudate (GL) Loved ( 5)
Reeves Steven dul Greighton Justiciar (GL) Neutral ( 2)
Reeves Gael Longarm Proconsul (GL) Despised ( -5)
Physicians Nadya Ferrus Prime Medicus (GL) Neutral ( 1)
Physicians Empena Astartes Epion (GL) Entrenched ( 6)

read 4 lore
Subject: City Leaders command

Date: Sun Mar 11 21:10:16 2018

Syntax: city leaders

City Lore rank 0:

Kinaed needs the city lore skill to access the city leaders command!

City Lore rank 1-14:

Active nobles:

<List all active nobles as per the ennoble command>
<Remove the activity information>

City lore rank 15-35:
All of the above, plus:

<Add Social Nobility as displayed in the 'ennoble' command.>

City lore rank 36-46:
All of the above, plus:
<Add Inactive Nobles, NPC Nobility, and NPC Social Nobility>

City lore rank 47-60
All of the above, plus:

Most Influential Citizens

<List the top 5 characters in order of most IP>

City Lore rank 61-74:
All of the above, plus:

Most Connected Citizens

<List the top 5 characters in order of the most Net Support>

City Lore rank 75+:
All of the above, plus:

Most skilled citizens

<list all citizens who hold a champion tag, but do not state which skill>

read 5 lore
City Lore Rank 0:

Kinaed needs the city lore skill to access the bid list command!

City Lore Rank 1-35:

Bids
Rothgar Astartes
Jayne ab Seville

Withdrawn
Veilus op Tethno

The Seneschal Tenure period expires in 179 days 17 hours 35 minutes 53 seconds.

City Lore Rank 36-41:

Bids Total
Justin ab Fairfield <scale Adjective>
Rothgar Astartes <scale Adjective>
Jayne ab Seville <scale Adjective>

Withdrawn
Veilus op Tethno

ADJECTIVES:
Less than -15 Despised
-11 to -15 Hated
-6 to -10 Disliked
-1 to -5 Mildly Disliked
0 Neutral
1 to 5 Mildly Approved
6 to 10 Approved
11 to 15 Loved
More than 15 Entrenched

City Lore Rank 42-60:

Bids Bid Influences Total
Justin ab Fairfield <Adjective> <Adjective>
Rothgar Astartes <Adjective> <Adjective>
Jayne ab Seville <Adjective> <Adjective>

Withdrawn
Veilus op Tethno

City Lore Rank 61+

Bids Support Base Bid Influences Total
Justin ab Fairfield <Adjective> <Adjective> <Adjective>
Rothgar Astartes <Adjective> <Adjective> <Adjective>
Jayne ab Seville <Adjective> <Adjective> <Adjective>

Withdrawn
Veilus op Tethno

• Information