trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
Garrett is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.
Azarial is here.[P]

Kinaed has transferred Jaqueline. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Jayne. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Garrett.

Kinaed has transferred Maura. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Beaman.

Kinaed has transferred Quentyn. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Jaqueline.

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Jayne.

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Maura.

Garrett holds a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle in his hand.

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Quentyn.

Jayne smiles happily and thanks Temi!

Kinaed has transferred Kiryn. [OOC]

Maura glances over the spoon "What's the event this is commemorating?"

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Kiryn.

Quentyn says to Maura, "Spoons."

Temi states, "Well, there's a soup kitchen event after this. Oh, and a new Tenebrae and a new Magnate... who knows which one of those two might be commemorated by pinching a coin."

Garrett waves his spoon violently, "I will spoon you all!"

Temi states, "And Niamh's cooking contest."

Temi may have mushroom pasties in the oven now.

Beaman may be jealous of Temi

Kinaed wonders, "How is everyone today?"

Garrett declaims, "Just Peachy!"

Quentyn says, "Alright"

Maura states, "I'm fairly well. Finally got back into the positive xp"

Kinaed states, "That's good to hear."

Kinaed comforts Maura.

Jayne states, "I am doing well."

Kinaed states, "I've got the flu, but am otherwise okay. Just miserable."

Maura trails off, "Had that earlier this year... was not fun"

Jayne declares, "And yes. There will be an event after this. Soup and art, for charity!"

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Jayne decided to do it kind of spur of the moment.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed queries, "Who is running the event this week?"

Jayne states, "Me."

Kinaed says to Jayne, "Deeply appreciated."

Jayne exclaims, "You are very welcome!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "We'll start in another 4-5 min. Two people have said they're coming, just wrapping a few things up."

Kinaed states, "Feel free to socialize."

Beaman gives Jayne his mentor seal of approval.

Garrett says, "Hi. My name Alfonzo and I am an alcoholic. "

Jayne smiles to Beaman.

Kinaed claims to Garrett, "Ha."

Quentyn asks of Garrett, "Hello Alfonzo, thank you for sharing, I am sure it took great courage to admit that. Would you like a drink?"

Jayne claims, "Sorry about that scene, I was having connection trouble that day."

Kiryn wonders, "I need to somehow survive the next 3 hours, then I can go home. Halp?"

Jayne pours Alfonzo some tea.

Beaman claims, "Thousand lashes with a limp noodle, and manditory story time."

Garrett claims to Quentyn, "The blood of the unborn. "

Garrett claims to Jayne, "No worries, it happens to the best of us. lol"

Kinaed has transferred Vlora. [OOC]

Vlora claims, "Beep boop"

Jayne wonders if she can get a bard for her event. Music is always nice. It may be too late though.

Quentyn points at Vlora, " DESTROY THE ROBOT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vlora states, "NO, I AM A HUMAN MUCH LIKE YOU. WATCH, "

Vlora claims, "TAXES> "

Kinaed says, "You can send a messenger to the guild."

Kinaed claims, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Garrett claims to Jayne, "20 QP of free assistance from the staff for public events. They may be able to whip up an NPC bard for flavor"

Garrett states to Jayne, "If you can't find a pc one"

Kinaed queries, "No one willing to scribe?"

Jayne will try and find a PC one first. To give the PC bards something to do.

Kinaed smiles at Jayne.

Kinaed says to Jayne, "Thanks :)"

Beaman states, "I'll scribe"

Kinaed exclaims to Beaman, "Thank you!"

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Jayne would scribe but still needs to make a forum account first.

Kinaed nods at Jayne.

Maura has nottin

Jayne blushes.

Kinaed has transferred Safir. [OOC]

Garrett muses, "Can we discuss how amazing the staff and players are of TI:L?"

Kinaed says, "No worries; if anyone comes up with a topic, send me a tell. In the meantime, I'll kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed says to Garrett, "You can :)"

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Safir.

Kinaed pontificates, "We have a topic!"

Jayne nods to Garrett and thinks thats a great idea. Positive feedback is always good.

Kinaed says, "Last week, I cleared the Request Queue and answered boards, but that was about it. This week, I'll probably be low activity again, sorry to say. On my desk are: jail automation (has it been over a year?) and a lore specification."

Kinaed claims, "The lore spec is so people can just request to add lore via a POLCA in a room for QP directly."

Kinaed claims, "That's all for me. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial claims, "I think a few typos this week. I'm a bit fuzzy"

Kinaed states, "Looking at the changes board, it looks mostly like crash and bug fixes."

Garrett wonders, "Do you still want us post outdated helpfiles?"

Garrett says, "Want us to post, rather. "

Temi nods at Garrett.

Kinaed states, "I think the only things worth noting are in HELP NEWs - Eld is no longer a guildskill now that Manus shut down, and there's a cooking contest on."

Kinaed nods at Garrett.

Kinaed says to Garrett, "Typo board please. :)"

You will no longer see prompts.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Temi declaims, "Not much big from me this week.. Though just now I've been working on a non-competing entry for Niamh's cooking contest. Just took them out of the oven!"

Temi claims, "Definitely recommend people try it out - hasn't been too hard."

Kinaed states, "Cool. :)"

Temi says, "But other than that, mainly standard RPA stuffs."

Kinaed questions, "That's all for Staff Updates then - onward to Player Heartbeat. How was the game last week, folks? RP good?"

Garrett pontificates, "I am back! And rp has been great! Getting back into the swing of things, slowly :)"

Kinaed states to Garrett, "It's great to have you back too. :)"

Vlora says, "Back in the jiggle of it thanks to my awesome Order team :>"

Jayne has had alot of fun this week. One of my selves is a page and I'm really enjoying RP with her. I'm hoping to give Jayne some attention this evening with the event and get her more RP ties.

Kinaed has transferred Lorris. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Lorris.

Vlora claims, "Standard plug though, join the order! You won't run outta stuff' to do. "

Kiryn says, "I forgot how bad for my health RP here is. God I miss this place."

Kiryn grins.

Jaqueline claims, "Not doing too much myself."

Kinaed says, "It's great to see the Order thriving. :)"

Jayne claims, "Mention the cookies Vlora."

Vlora says, "WE HAVE COOKIES"

Kinaed states, "Do note that Magery is open in chargen as well."

Quentyn exclaims, "No, join the reeves, you get to arrest people and not get in trouble for missing church!"

Jayne is a proper gentrywoman does not fight and arrest people.

Kinaed claims, "Also, the Tenebrae has requested that I note they're also looking for seekers and keen to play with anyone who wants to be a shady type."

Jayne watches everyone rush to make mages...

Garrett exclaims, "Mages are terrible! Don't do it! :3"

Kinaed has transferred Farra. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Farra.

Jayne remains tempted by shady types but has enough characters.

Kinaed questions, "Anything going on about the game that's shitting anyone that you want staff to know about?"

Quentyn states, "They are, they are horrible creatures that have special powers that help them rule the world"

Kinaed has transferred Laliene. [OOC]

Maura says, "Nothing really at the moment"

Farra says, "'That fucking new GI is too great' said nobody :("

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Laliene.

Kinaed declaims to Farra, "I've said it without the 'fucking'!"

Kinaed says, "Which is a shame because I need more fucking in my life."

Kinaed frowny faces.

Quentyn says to Farra, "Probably because she's mean and crude. *sage nod*"

Kinaed says, "On to less personal topics, however."

Jayne blushes.

Farra declaims, "Try Vavard: For All Your Fucking Needs!"

Beaman says, "What a set up folks. Low and slow across the plate."

Azarial snerks.

Kinaed says, "Let's move on ... to Player Topics."

Garrett waggle brows at Kinaed, "*inserts a 'horsing' around joke*

Jayne trails off, "Think of the children people..."

Kinaed queries to Safir, "You had a topic for us?"

Azarial muses, "...well, how else do you expect to get the children?"

Safir states, "Two points- one on herbalism and one on concoctions/medicines. "

Kinaed says, "Oops"

Kinaed claims to Safir, "So sorry"

Kinaed has transferred Paton. [OOC]

Garrett states, "Oh :( We cant' see your beautiful unicorn-ness anymore Kink. "

Safir says, "Ah, two points, one on herbalism and one on medicines/concoctions."

Safir muses, "First, I made a post that hasn't gotten a lot of traction on forums on making herbalism is a bit harder, so that tending low-level plants does not raise the skill. It seems odd that you can easily master or grand master herbalism through tend and somehow know how to make complicated poisons. It would create more of an incentive to get rare/expensive plants for gardens or force people to make poisons to raise their skills. Thoughts?"

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Paton.

Kinaed questions, "Has az been dressing me again?"

Azarial states, "Nope. no ideas."

Jayne says, "You have a point Azarial, but Jayne is shy. My page alt is techinically still underage and my others...well one of them is tubori. Enough said."

Kinaed queries, "Maybe we should cap the skill level at which tending increases the skill?"

Beaman states, "I think that is the best idea, Kin."

Temi states, "We haven't balanced the progression of plants for training, necessarily, which could make it rough."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Farra claims, "I'm generally not a fan of limiting skill gains more than they already are, but that said I've never used herablism so I don't know how hard it is to raise through other methods."

Safir claims, "That'd work. Might need to add some non-poisons into the high levels though if you do want to give any options for 'acceptable' master herbalists."

Garrett says to Kinaed, "We use to be able to look at you, and see your unicorn horn and stuff, but it is saying that it is an ooc room so I can't look. And I agree with the herbalism bit. It's a powerful craft and very easy to pool"

Beaman says, "Because I am sure a lot of people, or some people, get herb just for cooking, not always for.... other reasons."

Safir says, "It can be raised through tending/harvesting any plant and through making concoctions."

Kinaed states to Safir, "Sorry I didn't reply to your forum post; I read it and thought 'Hmm, that's an ongoing issue we've noticed. What to do about it? Not sure. Will think about it later.' and forgot."

Kinaed claims to Garrett, "Oh yeah, we removed people looking at one another here so they can't get people's descriptions OOCly."

Temi claims, "And we have set the pooling of herbalism to be low - we can't set it separately from recipes and plants, which could be helped some by changing bars of herbalism tending."

Jayne likes the idea of tending plants around your skill level raising the skill. But a profiecent gardener shouldn't pool from basic stuff.

Kiryn wonders, "Why not hive tending off into its own skill? Same with harvesting. How many gardeners do you know who double as herbalists?"

Temi claims, "Herbalism can't stand on its own without plant tending."

Laliene states, "Uh.. lots. "

Kinaed says, "That's a valid suggestion, but we just couldn't see it as being a valuable skill on its own and herbalists/physicians may well need it as an additional skill."

Temi claims, "We've already separated medicines out from herbalism."

Maura admits that they find people complaining about herbalism being too easy to pool quite humorous

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Awhile back, yes."

Quentyn says, "Why not make poisons a separate craft or half-craft. Or put them in medicine, which kind of makes sense."

Safir states, "You already need herbalism and medicine for doctors, never mind cooking, brewing, chandlery or other side skills unless you're buying ingredients elsewhere."

Jayne states, "Well farming IS different than herbalism. But it does make sense in a way, since both involve plants."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Safir.

Temi states, "Obviously each skill covers a number of facets - that's generally desirable."

Safir states, "Right."

Jayne nods to Temi.

Maura claims, "In the past joining the brotherhood or physicians served as that "Blocker" to not make it so easy."

Kinaed has transferred Empena. [OOC]

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Empena.

Safir states, "You can probably get into in the high 40s or low 50s of herbalism without making poisons currently, so a cap on tending around there would get legit people up to it without the serious poisons."

Kinaed claims, "Providing it's reasonably easy to do, I think a quick and reasonable fix is for tending to stop pooling herbalism past rank 36."

Empena has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "I'll need Az to tell me how heinous such a change would be though."

Jayne says, "Like husbandry covering both animal raising and butchering which can be used by hunters too. The skills have different uses, its up to the players to decide what they focus on."

Kinaed nods at Jayne.

Temi states, "I don't think herbalism would be trainable currently past that then, not reasonably."

Farra nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, Safir, you said you also had something about concoctions?"

Maura looks to Kinaed "You know at that point people are going to complain that it's too hard to pool as it requires silver and other resources, especially when it gets to the higher ranks."

Garrett says, "But if you force players to have to make things, it could increase more drugs and lacings of things"

Garrett claims, "Drugs could easily have a more valuable market"

Kinaed smiles innocently at Garrett.

Kinaed claims, "As they should."

Jayne trails off, "I can see it now. The friendly drug dealer concept..."

Safir states to Maura, "They can easily make floral objects, oils for perfumes, grizzly might, or musks. Anything higher is poisons that will require weird stuff.. but poisons should be hard to make."

Kinaed states, "We really need to automate the black market."

Garrett says to Kinaed, "That. Please. "

Safir states, "Second, more of a suggestion than a topic, but it'd be nice if the show command for concoctions and medicine showed how the end product is going to be used (if it is applied, eaten, dusted, whatever). This would make it more immediately apparent what sort of extended descriptions (@eat, @taste, @apply) would be applicable when crafting. From a doctor's POV as well, I've had issues with some medicines that seemed like they would be one thing but were another (although cannot recall them now, it was a while back). "

Kinaed nods at Safir.

Safir claims, "Like I had to dust something I didn't expect would need to be dusted."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll take that note and pass it to the builders as it can/should probably just be in the item's description."

Quentyn says to Safir, "That costs money, some of us don't have much to spare. But can't stop the train once it's left the station. *sigh*"

Temi states, "There is medicine inspect gravedigger, for example"

Maura trails off to Safir, "I'm quite aware... I'm just stating the obvious. People complained when herbalism was blocked by the physicians and brotherhood, because it was "Too hard." now it's too easy... it will just repeat"

Temi says, "So you can see it's a salve, which is applied."

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Maura might still be a tad salty about that change... a smidgen

Kinaed finishes her note.

Safir states to Quentyn, "Learning things costs money. Medicine is only raised through treat and making medicines. At certain skills ranks, only some of them are socially acceptable medicines, and at high ranks, they are expensive ingredients. Doctors can deal, so can herbalists. And having to track down expensive ingredients has given me lots of RP."

Temi claims to Maura, "And that change has already been discussed ad nauseum."

Temi claims, "I think people are always forgetting the inspect option."

Safir muses, "There's no helpfile for an inspect command?"

Temi claims, "It's mentioned in help craftsystem craft"

Safir claims, "Ah."

Azarial claims, "It;s part and parcel to the crafting system commands."

Maura shrugs to Temi "Indeed it has... but to each their own. And it might help if the inspect command was made more... obvious. I only learned about it via someone else."

Temi says, "But it works on all of the individual crafts too"

Kinaed claims, "We can't separate the speed of pool on the skill because of our skill structure, and that's a primary issue beause skills are balanced to take a certain amount of development - by its very nature, tending is broken in our system. Beyond that, realistically, tending plants shouldn't allow someone to suddenly be able to make serious, deadly poisons. "

Safir queries, "It doesn't say if it's drunk/eaten or not? "

Empena states, "I did suggest at one point "diagnose" working like pmote, ie, that being involved in medicine scenes could pool Medicine. And give a similar bonus to encourage that kind of RP. Versus just pooling Medicine through item spamming."

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi states, "It says the type of thing it is, which determined if you drink/eat it, etc."

Maura queries, "Is there a way to decrease the amount that is pooled from tending?"

Quentyn states to Safir, "But the advanced learning can also be rationalized to offscreen teachings."

Temi nods at Maura.

Kinaed finishes her note.

Safir claims, "Tinctiure says its type is a wand"

Kinaed says to Maura, "No."

Temi claims to Maura, "It also decreases the amount pooled by recipes, thoguh."

Temi claims, "We can't separate them."

Maura trails off, "Ah..."

Kinaed claims to Maura, "It's already on the very lowest physical setting there is."

Safir wonders, "A thing being a wand wouldn't immediately bring to mind what I do with it?"

Temi states, "A wand is a thing with uses - it's a treat object."

Laliene nods at Safir.

Temi claims, "That one is perhaps less obvious than most."

Kinaed claims, "I think it's fine to ask us to review the craft objects and make sure their use is visible somewhere."

Safir says to Quentyn, "It could, but high level herbalism is ONLY poisons for items to make.. which would logically be what I'm being taught about? I mean for a doctor, it could be how to treat those poisons, but that's still a bit.. off to me. "

Kinaed asks, "Okay, anyone else have any topics?"

Temi claims, "I don't mind making it more obvious otherwise, but there is a tool available now, since a fix may not be immediate"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Farra pontificates, "I mean, I don't think there's a big huge poison dilema out there; how often are people actually poisoning others? Or selling drugs? Will restricting access to the higher-levels of the skills make that any better? (I wouldn't see how!)"

Azarial states, "Not often enough"

Safir states, "Yeah, I appreciate you letting me know, Temi. Maybe something could be added to the helpfile for craft for the type of objects? That's a quick fix."

Temi nods.

Quentyn says to Safir, "I get it, but the other side of it is that there are HIGH HIGH HIGH level plants that you can't tend without high herbalism, and now we'll be forced to make concoctions in order to tend those plants, which is the same thing you were just bringing up but from the other side."

Temi queries, "Can you typo note that suggestion for us? It will help us track it"

Maura says, "Why even bother with poisons when anyone could have the potential to detect it."

Azarial claims, "It;s not automatic, and depends on your stats and the poison"

Garrett wonders to Maura, "You may not be wrong, but who actually sniffs everything they eat?"

Laliene sniffs when suspicious.

Farra claims, "And, I think anyone with extensive knowledge of just TENDING plants would, by the assumed process of talking about it with vNPCs and the like (that explain skill increases in general!) learn about the process of poisons and how to make them, since the line between a poisonous plant and a real plant is just the application; the same way making medicine and making poison is pretty much the same thing, often in just different doses."

Safir sniffs all the time. Smell impacts taste.

Laliene nods at Safir.

Maura is going to stop commenting on the herbalism topic...

Garrett asks, "Make harder posions like spells and have to be taught or like researched about?"

Quentyn didn't know he felt this strongly about herbalism, sorry guys.

Safir wonders, "The plants needed for these poisons are things like temijul. Are most gardeners in Lithmore going to know how to use raise temijul?"

Farra questions, "'Water it'?"

Safir states, "And most poisons aren't used in any medicines in game. "

Safir says, "Er, plants in the poisons. "

Temi says, "Most gardenerers in Lithmore won't be grandmasters, either."

Kinaed says, "Um, I just got a lemon tree, and the watering instructions are very specific - every other day for the first two weeks, cut off any new growth or any fruit that starts to bud because it'll distract it from growing properly, etc."

Safir states, "Example, wolfsbane. Only poisons. "

Kinaed says, "That's a lemon tree, not an imported Daravi plant in a different climate"

Laliene says to Kinaed, "A lemon tree?! Awesome! I planted 4 fruit trees and 4 more grapes in my orchard & arbor Thursday. <3"

Temi states, "Better than restricting tending after 36 altogether might be requiring difficulty of the plant - but within a broad band, so we don't need to add tons of new recipes. Like a band of 36 or so. So you can't train up on apple trees, but you wouldn't need the rarest of the rare either."

Quentyn states, "But poisons are kind of the antithesis of medicine, so to me, it makes sense for medicine to get the poisons, leaving common concoctions to herbalism, which most of the populace can access. Or, poisons becoming their own thing, and a guildskill for thieves."

Farra nods at Temi.

Kinaed says to Laliene, "I'll bet you know so much more than I do about plants :) I've managed to kill tomatoes."

Maura says, "Has always viewed poisons as the opposite of medicines. Medicines aim to improve a part of the body, whereas poisons aim to hinder a part of the body. A gardener should not know how to make the deadliest of poisons if they can't make the best of medicines"

Kinaed claims, "We want poisons to be more accessible than a guildskill."

Farra nods in agreement.

Azarial states, "The difference between a poison and a medicine is the dosage"

Laliene is fine with poisons as is- you local herbalist could poison you if the wanted.

Maura nods in agreeance with Azarial

Maura trails off to Kinaed, "I'm not meaning this sarcastically, but why..."

Garrett states, "I agree with Az. Digoxin in the real world is just deadly nightshade. Low dose, great for heart problems, high dosage, you see pretty colors, vomit alot and die. "

Farra claims, "Again, Poisons aren't even used that often; I'm just still unsure why restricting access to them further by keeping the command to raise herabilism from granting access to that knowledge is such a bad thing. MORE people should know how to poison so that SOMEBODY tries to, lol."

Temi states, "I don't think there has been any sort of issues with too much poison usage, yeah."

Laliene pontificates to Kinaed, "We have so many fruiting trees and and plants now.. I am so ready to get my herb and veggie gardens going this year.. Wooo!"

Kinaed smiles at Laliene.

Safir says, "Is Sniff through herbalism or through medicine? If everyone has high herbalism, then anyone can sniff out a poison. If it's restricted, people will poison more so they aren't found out."

Farra grins at Laliene.

Maura points to their earlier comment in reply to Farra "Why risk, emphasis on risk, poisoning somebody when anybody has the potential to detect the poison through a single command."

Temi states, "I believe herbalism has an effect in it, yes."

Safir states, "Should be noted lace can be used for non-poisons as well, I didn't realize that until it was recently brought to my attention again."

Farra pontificates, "'Why cast spell when Inquisition might learn u mage' -- because it's FUN!"

Kinaed claims to Maura, "A few reasons - 1) we have never seen anyone poison anyone, so until we've seen how it plays out, we're not inclined to make something already extremely rare highly restricted. 2) When a poisoning goes down and physicians, etc, are the only people who know the skill, then the pool of suspects is extremely limited, 3) it used to be a Brotherhood skill too."

Kinaed claims, "So in a nod to making it available to them, it's open to all."

Beaman says, "That has always been my issue. I have only ever poisoned people who I know will play to the AmPop enough to know it wasn't me, even when Meta knowledge totally says it is me cause it couldn't have been anyone else."

Maura nods to Kinaed "How long ago was herbalism made public?"

Garrett wonders, "I gotta bounce. It's been fun, can I be trans'd out please? "

Garrett hugs everyone.

Kinaed states to Beaman, "You've poisoned people on TI? We didn't realize anyone ever had. Albeit, many poisons are not lethal."

Vlora declaims, "Seey!"

Garrett has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Vlora states, "Ya*"

Farra says, "I think if you're poisoning people expecting that you can't be caught, then poisoning people might not be for you; all the 'bad guys' get caught eventually."

Laliene gasps at Beaman.

Kinaed claims, "Well, the idea isn't, at least for staff, that anyone who does something bad needs to be caught."

Farra claims, "I mean if that's what's stopping you :p"

Laliene sits down and rests.

Beaman claims, "To Kinaed I'll tell you what I have done in tells after the meeting if you are interested. It wasn't anything ever truly dangerous."

Kinaed nods at Beaman.

Kinaed says, "I'm just curious how it played out and if it needed tweaks, so sure - let's talk after."

Farra pontificates, "But! I need to bounce out myself and handle some IRL chores so I can be around during the Soup Kitchen later!"

Kinaed says, "Speaking of which, we have 20 odd min, and no one else has raised a topic."

Farra has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed wonders, "Shall we end early or just chat one another up for awhile?"

Maura shrugs

Kiryn states, "I'd be more talkative but work has chosen now to get slightly busy. Think I've satisfied its demands for about 3 seconds."

Kinaed chuckles and nods to Kiryn.

Maura things a grandmaster herbalist and a mage would be a good combo. Know your target, know what they eat, lace that item, somehow get it in their inventory, and boom, potential for unsuspecting poisoning

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Kinaed states, "A water mage would be majorly deadly that way."

Safir claims, "You don't even need to grandmaster herbalism to poison them, all are available at master."

Maura says, "Truthfully doesn't think there would be any other way to do a high-level poisoning without magic"

Kinaed questions, "So, 15 minutes - Temi, would you mind describing the cooking contest and what that's about?"

Safir states, "There are no medicines or concoctions that are GM. "

Kinaed says, "From tells and what I've heard here, seems like there's ways."

Lorris is idle.

Kiryn says, "Magic would make it about twice as fun though, probably."

Kinaed grins at Kiryn.

Kinaed claims to Kiryn, "I like how you think."

Kiryn states to Kinaed, "You always did."

Temi declares, "Oh, well, the cooking contest is something Niamh decided to put on! It's not too complicated"

Kiryn grins.

Laliene declaims, "I think the cooking contest sounds -so- fun but it is a dish we wouldn't eat so I have refrained. I hope we keep having them!!"

Kinaed states, "What do we do? Theoretically, I have to cook today, so maybe I should try something."

Temi states, "She posted up a medieval recipe that's been adapted for modern kitchens - funge pasties - little mushroom pies. I imagine you could make whatever variations you wanted on it, like a diferent filling or such, too."

Azarial says, "Iirc someone poisoned themself becuase they laced, forgot which one it was, and ate it themselves before they could plant it."

Temi says, "And then you post up a picture at the end."

Kinaed coughs with laughter.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Where is the recipe posted?"

Laliene laughs at Azarial.

Temi says, "On the forums and the facebook group"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, I'll have a look, thanks!"

Kinaed states, "Oh, I saw many new faces this week, to which I want to thank Norrig and anyone else who wrote a Review on Reddit."

Temi says, "I can report that they are tasty, at least for those who like mushrooms."

Laliene claps.

Empena states, "I made some of the mushroom pies today."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kiryn states, "I only saw the one review on r/mud, but that means absolutely nothing."

Kinaed states, "I sure do."

Maura says, "Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/212016676042969/"

Temi queries to Empena, "What did you think?"

Kinaed pontificates to Maura, "Thank you!"

Kiryn states, "Also, MUD of the month is coming up in a week or so. I'll post the link to it on general when it hits."

Kinaed states to Kiryn, "Thanks, that'd be great. :)"

Empena trails off, "I love them, I uh ... well, lol, I'm at the best baker so they ended up looking really weird but everyone said they were tasty"

Kinaed queries, "What is 'fort'?"

Temi grins.

Kiryn says, "For the record, people are usually encouraged to visit the winner of that vote, so it's in everyone's best interest to dogpile when it's posted."

Temi says, "Yeah, mine aren't super pretty either."

Kinaed nods at Kiryn.

Temi states to Kinaed, "Niamh gave a hint on that next down - basically a spice mix - I used pepper, cinnamon and ginger."

Maura trails off to Kiryn, "If the link was easier to find, I would..."

Empena says, "It's a spice blend, and it's sort of like the current fine spices, everyone has their own recipe mine personally uses grains of paradise"

Kinaed states, "Made with lard. Oh God, no wonder they're tasty and awesome."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Temi says, "I actually skipped the lard. It was just used for greasing a pan for forming them."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Though they might have ended up more goldeny pretty if I had used it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "It sounds like we'll have a couple of entries at least, and that's cool :)"

Empena asks, "I had a non related thought/idea - what's the chance of there ever being an option to cash in an asset and getting a minimum value to get it off the market?"

Lorris is no longer idle.

Kinaed states, "Put it on the forums? I think we'd be happy to let people simply delete them, but probably not for silver cash-in as that undermines anyone using the market."

Azarial states, "Lard does make the best crusts"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Empena queries, "But ... if each person who liquidates or dies their assets keep getting added to the market how was things ever get removed?"

< Brief Gap >

Temi nods.

Beaman states, "Ok so the log will have a brief gap, thank you wind storm."

Temi states, "At least if they don't have a player attached to them."

Kinaed comforts Beaman.

Kinaed states, "I can do the log this week if necessary."

Kiryn has lost link.
Kiryn has reconnected.

(visnet) Player Prisca: Did I miss the OOC chat?

Jayne reminds everyone who wants to come that there is an event today! Come have some soup after the chat. :)

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: It's on now, so most of it. Want to come?

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: 2 min left

Beaman states, "If you don't mind a 2 minute gap from when Empena asked how assets get removed to Temi commenting if they don't have a player attached we should be fine."

(visnet) Player Prisca: Ah, sure. just for the shiny.

Kinaed has transferred Prisca. [OOC]

Kinaed declares to Beaman, "I can post it for today. Thank you for volunteering though!"

Kiryn sits on Prisca.

Empena questions, "A player attached?"

Vlora declaims, "I'll come for like an hour Jayne! Although It's getting late for me :("

Beaman says, "Okie dokie"

Kinaed says, "We're at the top of the hour, folks. :)"

Temi says, "To the asset, as opposed to the real estate office"

Kinaed questions to Temi, "Any more gifts left for Prisca?"

"Shiny?" Prisca holds hands out. [Prisca]

Jayne nods and hugs Vlora.

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Prisca.

Kinaed smiles.

Temi pontificates, "Shiny spoon!"

Prisca declares, "Shiny spoon!"

Vlora claims, "Eat it"

Temi holds a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle in her hand.

Temi gives a demanding shake of her spoon, waving it about hungrily.

Vlora says, "Omg I didn't get a spoon"

Quentyn states, "I have to say it."

Kinaed declares, "Thanks for coming. Double thanks to anyone who reviews us on Reddit. And for those who already have, and for Kiryn volunteering to remind everyone to go vote when the monthly thing comes up... and enjoy your event!"

Quentyn points out that there is no a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle.

Temi gives a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle to Vlora.

Prisca waves.

Vlora eat a bronze spoon, with a coin shape imprinted into the handle

Prisca has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Lorris has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Empena has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Paton has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Safir has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Safir has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]
Laliene has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Vlora has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kiryn has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Quentyn has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]