2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Rothgar states, "Yeah, I got two short ones."
Temi gives a flawlessly smooth obelisk of pure, dark chocolate to Kiryn.
say I have one.

Empena claims, "I have one."

Kinaed claims, "I had one submitted by Farra on the boards too."
Kinaed nods at Empena.

Prisca states, "I might, if I don't fall asleep. will try to write it up."

Kinaed claims, "Please pre-write your topic introductions so you're ready to go when called upon."
Kinaed smiles.

Vlora claims, "I had one small thing, but it's not important if we run outta time."
Kinaed nods at Prisca.
Kinaed nods at Vlora.

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else? I have Farra, Rothgar, Empena, Prisca, Vlora"

Kinaed claims, "Alright, let's kick off Staff Updates. :)"

Kinaed says, "Last week, I did very little. A policy case or something. This week, I still have a list of things on my plate that I hope to make some inroads into (a bit harder now that I'm back at work full time), including jail automation, lore submissions, and now alternative loadings for specific triggers."

Kinaed says, "Stuff like showing a different room description at night."

Niamh does the alternative-loadings-dance.

Kinaed states, "That's all for me - Az, you're up."

Maura claims, "Sounds complicated"

Azarial says, "Not much this week; still trying to get a handle on RL again"

Niamh does the alternative-loadings-dance at Farra specifically.
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Farra quits.

Kinaed says, "I should mention, there's a new policy help file on Scripts - please have a look if you use scripts and make sure yours are in line with those expectations."

Kiryn says, "RL is highly overrated. ... He says, while logged into TI from work."
Prisca nods.
Kinaed grins at Kiryn.
Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi states, "I have honestly not done a whole lot. A little poking at requests and plots, but no big progress."

Temi claims, "And that's probably about it."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed states to Niamh, "You're up then :)"

Niamh says, "This week my big focus was setting up the Black Pillars plot and fielding you guys' plot advances, all of which have been super fun. I emptied the changes board (where things go to be bug-tested) and it stayed empty for almost a whole day! And lastly, with a great deal of help from Empena's consistent typo-boarding I spent awhile scouring shops selling what should be crafting materials but are selling alternate version of the same things with different vnums. Raw meats from the butcher shop you can do nothing with, for example -- you can now. They're their proper versions now."

Steven says, "I AM ALIVE"

Niamh screams at Steven.

Kinaed states, "And welcome."

Farra stuffs Steven into Ahalin for .. 'safe keeping' ...

Steven says, "I bet the Tubori are the source of the pillars :("

Laliene claps.

Eion declaims, "We are NOT!"
Niamh nods at Steven.

Farra exclaims, "I super appreciate the swiftness plots and requests are being handled. Not that they aren't usually swiftly handled, but it's always super great when they are done quickly!"
Farra nods in agreement with Steven.
Niamh smiles at Farra.

Quentyn presses the button on his throne to send Steven to room of lava.
Steven says to Farra, "When in doubt, blame the Tubori."
Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Thanks for all of that while I was off doing other things."

Eion trails off, "We tubori are paragons of faith and virtue...."

Steven chokes.

Prisca wonders, "Is there much room for others to get involved with the pillars, or is more for order and mages?"
Farra claims to Steven, "Even when not in doubt; because they've probably done something you aren't yet aware of."

Eion claims, "We are also just generally awesome."

Empena states, "Glad all the typos are helpful, sometimes I feel bad."

Niamh claims to Prisca, "Anybody who wants in should definitely shoot up a plot advance. I'll figure out somethnig to do with you."

Eion joins in then.
Kinaed smiles.

Niamh highfives Eion.
Steven says to Empena, "Niamh's sustenance is grammar mistakes. She thrives on fixing them."

Vlora says, "... Just probably don't advertise that to the order :D"

Kinaed questions, "Next order of business - Player Heartbeat. How was RP last week, folks?"

Temi claims, "Yeah, keep in mind you're ICly doing whatever you're doing.. but whatever you would do, feel free."
Temi grins.

Farra says, "IF you are unsure how you might get involved with the pillars, you can also get ahold of me OOCly or ICly about it. Since I'm in control now, I can kick all the Knights out and we can dance heretical dances around the pillars. But for real I always try to be inclusive with plots. If you wanna help the Order, hmu."

Farra exclaims, "For RP ... Farra's not really got much to do, so if you have any small pedantic issues to bring up about the Order feel free to send them her way. I'm kidding she's got like a million things to do but PLEASE PLEASE send a mail if you've got an IC outstanding issue with the Inquisition or Clergy that you need handled!"

Eion declaims, "I only started today but I've already had an awesome scene, I don't know if I can give detials here but props to all who were involved!"
Niamh grins at Eion.

Niamh says, "Nice."

Vlora declaims, "Getting into a lotta stuff! And this pillars plot is giving us order peeps something cool to do :)"

Maura shrugs once more "Haven't been around, so can't really say rp's been good or bad."
Kinaed states to Eion, "You may want to look at using the Recommend system to thank people, by the way."

Prisca claims, "Things have been a little slow, but I've got a few ideas to perk things up a bit! I'll be away for a bit of this coming week, though."

Kinaed states, "I'm happy people are enjoying the Pillars plot."

Kiryn claims, "I don't remember the last time I was on at 4:00 AM and got dropped into RP. Happened twice last week. Which is awesome, because if it wasn't for 4:00 AM I wouldn't get on at all lately."

Niamh says, "I RPed with Az but he was linkdead and doesn't know about it."
Kinaed nods at Prisca.
Kinaed comforts Kiryn.
Kiryn states to Kinaed, "Just don't lick me. I have an ownership complex."

Eion claims, "Is it possible to use recommend without a name? The scene was basicly started due the actions of a cloaked figure. I want to thank them too."

Maura muses, "Hopefully you posed Azarial doing amazing things Niamh?"
Niamh claims to Maura, "I godmodded the whole thing."

Kinaed says, "Yes, just drop a Request Board describing the person as best you can and the recommendation itself"
Prisca states to Eion, "Sure, just drop a req board"

Maura trails off, "Good... good"
Temi nods.
Farra says to Niamh, "I knew you secretly liked the broom."

Empena claims, "I've had some interesting scenes about some things, need to work on some Recommends later today, evidently instead of some Typos to give poor Niamh a break."

Empena chuckles.

Temi claims, "The more info you can give, the better we can track them down, but if you can't give much, we'll detective our best"
Niamh states to Empena, "I like typo notes. Keep at 'em."

Eion smiles and nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Is there anything about the game or last week that's shitting people and they want staff to know about it?"

Niamh hisses at Farra retroactively.
Farra says to Empena, "Niamh is a sucker for pain and punishment."

Farra winks at Niamh.

Eion hands Farra a whip?

Niamh states, "I want to argue but my track record is ruining things."

Prisca queries, "Staff is too darn nice! Can we put Rothgar in charge?"

Kinaed moves protectively in front of Niamh.

Niamh quiets down.

Farra screams and throws the whip at Steven.
Kinaed claims to Prisca, "I think Rothgar might actually be nice under all that gruff."

Safir claims, "Rothgar is a teddy bear. "

Steven says, "..."
Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Eion blinks.

Steven claims, "I whipped the city's favorite bartender."

Rothgar claims, "I come back from eating my lunch to this? Hrmnf."
Kinaed comforts Rothgar.
Niamh states to Steven, "You did. You're a literal monster."
emote clears her throat and doesn't comment.

Empena clears her throat and doesn't comment.

Safir states to Rothgar, "Can't run from the truth."

Vlora states, "I saw him smile once. "

Steven claims, "I still weep a little about that."
Kinaed queries to Vlora, "Wait, how long ago was that?"

Maura thinks favorite is subjective, oldest is probably a better term.

Farra claims, "Farra made him cry."

Vlora claims, "Maybe I dreamed it... might've been a nightmare."

Eion buys the bar out...turns it into a gentry only brothel...TUBORI STYLE.
Niamh says to Steven, "Speaking of which... He's back at work now."

Niamh trails off, "And I think I forgot to adjust his flags to let Nobles by from him..."

Steven claims, "He best learn from his mistakes."

Niamh says, "..."
A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "I'm taking it that no one has any 'something is shitting me' complaints at the moment."
Prisca laughs.

Kinaed pontificates, "So! Player Topics!"
A flurry of fiery-colored leaves sweep across the area, rapidly coalescing into the winged shape of Niamh. [OOC]

Niamh ahems.
Vlora eats a flawlessly smooth obelisk of pure, dark chocolate.

Niamh says, "Fixed."

Steven questions, "Is he a good boy now?"
Kinaed questions to Farra, "I have yours ready to cut paste, but would you prefer to champion it?"
Niamh nods at Steven.

Prisca claims, "Aw, would have been hilarious if you left it"

Farra says, "Virtual Tithing refers to the policy that, despite the Order thematically receiving 30% of all income from all parties across the Kingdom, players don't have to pay this to the Church because it's frankly just not fun from a gameplay Point of View. However, the Level 2 Asset that 'the Church' seems to be set up to be can never provide the thematic salary of the members, much less provide acts of Charity or Armor/Outfits for the Knights/Clergy. Without a coded improvement to the base income to the guilds, the Church will probably be forced to stop entreating the playerbase to Virtual Tithing just to get enough to keep the Knights and Clergy properly outfitted for the job, or else rely on the other guilds to help suppliment the Order's Treasury, and wondered what other player's thoughts were on this matter. Solutions might be better offered on the forums, but I wanted to start the discussion here before I take any .. drastic .. actions ICly."

Azarial says, "Improve piety; you get paid per active member."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Farra states, "Alright. I had an IC conversation about income, and another GL with a good metric told me they were losing a lot of money from the current system, too."

Kinaed states, "Plus the Order does receive 30% of all coded economic activity like use of couriers, messengers, taxes, etc"

Eion questions, "Maybe you could do fundraisers IC? To bolster the Order's coffers? Claim they will go to charity works and such?"

Kinaed wonders, "Maybe pay people less?"
Farra nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Quentyn muses, "Don't spend too much on a new outfit?"

Prisca asks, "Sell off magical items?"

Temi states, "Yeah, I'd say you're getting the required tithes. You're welcome to ask for more, but it's not 'people failing to give you their due'. It's just not rising to the occasion to support a need."

Rothgar states, "If you burn people, you get money. Not that I'm suggesting that, of course."

Steven states, "Well, at Legendary Reeves got like 125ish from the Metric but we only had 2-3 active flagged members right then since one isnt with us."

Safir says, "There's lots of fundraising that could be done - performances, contests, sales for the Church, etc. "

Maura states, "There are other ways to go about collecting income for the order. I had that issue with Misune where I had to basically explain to my knights that I couldn't pay them, as if we kept going the same amounts, we would run out of silver in about 2 months."
Farra nods at Temi.

Niamh flutters eyelashes at Rothgar.

Kinaed claims, "Note: The Order is only as 'poor' as it is now because when I was the stand-in GI, I noticed the Order was running up against its silver cap, so I gave money out to keep the income from overrunning the cap."

Steven asks, "...theres a cap?"
Steven begins to count their money.
Kinaed nods at Steven.

Kiryn wonders, "Some of the folks with gobs of money could always up and donate. You're rich by right, so... erm... show off,or something. I mean isn't that the Gentry way?"
Kiryn grins.
Rothgar says to Steven, "It's a goodly deal of money, the cap."
Niamh states to Steven, "On guild accounts."

Steven claims, "Oh shit I have to start spending money. Im just now hitting the cap."

Kinaed claims, "All guild accounts have caps between 10000 and 25000 silver."
Farra nods at Kiryn.

Maura asks, "What determines the cap?"
Kinaed nods at Steven.

Maura claims, "Out of sheer curiousity"

Steven claims, "Pay raises and sign on bonuses for all Reeves. Surprise announcement. T9tally planned before the meeting."

Prisca states, "I think Physician's is around 10k, I've not seen Merchant's over 22k or so"
Laliene begins to count their money.

Temi states, "Staff whims ages ago."

Farra claims, "Alright! I'm more than happy to come up with IC solutions; I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be some OOC butthurtiness over the idea of the Order needed to fix their finances."
Kinaed says to Maura, "Staff set them up years ago based on IC standards. So, the Brotherhood isn't expected to be as wealthy as the merchants, so. "
Niamh grins at Steven.
Kinaed claims to Temi, "Now, now, there was more science to it. Not much, but a tad. :P"
Temi grins at Kinaed.

Maura says, "Makes sense."

Temi declaims, "Theme-informed whims!"

Kinaed gives Temi two thumbs up.

Steven states, "New members will receive a pay bonus dependant upon length of service. Come one, come all, to the Reeves."

Quentyn will gladly rp he's paid his dues.

Steven hides now.
Temi queries to Steven, "And the bonus upon joining, when length of service is 0?"

Kinaed says, "That said, please read HELP POLICY TITHES."

Steven says, "After a certain amount of time, more bonus is accrued."

Steven sagenods.

Kinaed trails off, "Basically, if the Order wants to go after you because you're not making any special donations..."

Kinaed says, "Staff aren't going to get involved."

Kinaed says, "So the Order can get greedy."
Niamh states to Farra, "Aylor can take monetary donations for you guys, too."

Farra says, "And I heard Farra's like super mean and horrible."

Maura says, "Needs to make reeve at somepoint. Haven't played once since Kain, and that was easily maybe 4 years ago."
Niamh states to Farra, "He drops the coin handed to him into one of the GI-only rooms."
Farra muses to Niamh, "Aylor?"

Farra says, "OH! K."
Niamh states to Farra, "The fellow at the alms house who is described as collecting tithes. He does that for real these days."

Prisca wonders, "Aylor in the almshouse I think?"
Prisca nods.
say What happens if someone quotes the helpfile they did it virtually though, like about confession?

Empena queries, "What happens if someone quotes the helpfile they did it virtually though, like about confession?"

Niamh nods at Prisca.

Farra exclaims, "Okie dokie! I think we can move on, I think my concerns have been answered!"
Kiryn says to Farra, "Guy at the alms house. Where no one really goes except when they're dropped there from chargen. :)"
Kinaed smiles.
Farra states to Empena, "Then the records can be lost and they can pay again :)"
Kinaed asks of Rothgar, "You're up - can you introduce us to your topics, one at a time?"
Niamh grins at Farra.

Temi claims, "Virtually, you do the minimum."

Rothgar states, "Sure. Initially, I'd like to thank whomever wrote the Daravi Front helpfile for their work and dedication. It is an enormous help, both for new characters and returning ones. Truly, thank you for the consideration and clarification."

Temi states, "Oh, yeah, I did do that this week."
Steven states to Empena, "Just cause theyve given the minimum doesnt mean you cant pressure to save their souls harder."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi pontificates, "I'm glad it helps!"

Rothgar states, "Just got two points to touch on real quick : One is, will there be an official IC post about closing off the Manus as a guild? And is it now closed off to players to app into. Two is : Considering the high turnover rate that we've had on GL's in the last year or so, could we suggest a shift in policy concerning supporting and subverting when a new GL takes over a guild? As-is, it seems a little ridiculous that a GL can get put into a role, and then be immediately placed at a below average standing in Guildleader based upon previous, personal subverts or supports."

Rothgar states, "Personally I believe that a two-week introductory period may serve us well, as not to have newly-inducted GL's absolutely scrambling for coded support in the first week or two of getting into a new role. I don't believe that GL's need any more stress than they already carry with them."

Farra states, "YES."

Farra claims, "PLZ."

Farra states, ":p"

Farra wonders, "Can I get kicked out of the meeting?"

Vlora pontificates, "Agreed!"

Azarial says, "They should star out neutral, unless they;ve already earned a pile of subverts"

Steven states, "I got subverted to despised the night I took the role. I felt loved."
Farra begins to descend.

Temi states, "The manus is removed as a staff-supported guild."

Niamh grins at Steven.

Temi says, "It still exists in the form it did ICly, no IC change."

Kinaed claims, "Staff can handle that if required by a staff support intervention, which we're happy to do for the first two weeks a GL is in office, but we won't change the code for it"

Vlora questions, "How would one ago about restarting the Manus if they managed to group together enough people? "

Steven says, "That said, I remember a case in the past that screwed over a new GL because he got dogpiled his first week in office."
Niamh nods at Steven.

Steven states, "And its kind of crazy."

Temi says, "The manus is still there. The game cannot support them currently as an official guild."

Kinaed states, "I'd highlight 'if required' because I don't want new GLs to walk in, automatically get staff help, then lose it at the 2 week mark and drop so hard/fast because they didn't think to seek support."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Maura wonders, "The manus has been removed again? Can't say I'm too terribly surprised... though why can't the game support them out of curiousity?"

Rothgar says, "Yeah, I'm not looking for an instant solution at the OOC meeting, I just thought I'd bring it up as something to consider."

Laliene states, "I think they game could support them- under other leadership. "

Temi states, "We don't really want to encourage enough people to band together to support them in the current atmosphere either"
Prisca claims to Vlora, "Just start a cabal, and you can still say you're in the manus, just no extra perks"

Temi claims, "Because the other guilds need enough people too"
Kinaed says to Maura, "Population and inactivity."

Steven claims, "Tbh, The game sort of just has its max capacity of guilds right now."

Kinaed says, "Order instability"

Rothgar muses, "Can't people just dual-guild if they're in the Manus?"

Temi states, "We'd rather see all the main guilds at full staff and doing strongly before we look at more guilds"

Laliene claims, "Yea, not sure how to help the Order. Cleric side. "
Niamh states to Rothgar, "Not as GLs, which from what I remember was the issue everyone who was clear to be their GL had."

Steven states, "Reeves have a hard time getting combat characters for guard roles because we have to compete with a guild and a non-coded group. Manus probably experienced much the same."

Maura trails off, "Can't be in the order if any alt is in the manus... which I seriously think that rule in general needs to be looked at across all boards"

Kinaed states, "The Manus also had extremely low activity."

Quentyn says, "Remember to send a tell saying 'that is my ic way of asking for support' if you don't, no matter how obvious the rp is, you won't get any support."

Kinaed says, "We generally require guilds to have at least 3 active members, and right now, even some of the core guilds are in danger."

Kinaed claims, "Albeit we don't close core guilds."

Rothgar muses, "What are considered core guilds?"

Temi states, "And even if people can be in the Manus and another guild, the GL can't"

Steven states, "The current guilds I think."

Kinaed claims, "I sent out an OOC note to single GLs yesterday asking them to please promote a 2nd GL."

Niamh queries, "Reeves, Order, Merchants?"

Prisca claims, "Order, merchants, reeves, and probably city council."

Laliene claims, "I see that is a good thing. It has been slacked on for some time. "

Maura looks at the merchants, sees they have 17 members

Niamh looks to Kinaed.
Kinaed says to Niamh, "Brotherhood too"
Niamh nods.

Kinaed claims, "Brotherhood, Order, Merchants, Troubs, Reeves"

Niamh claims, "Reeves, Order, Merchants, Brotherhood, Troubadours. I don't tend to see city council as a guild."

Steven asks, "Physicians not core?"

Prisca wonders, "Why are brotherhood considered core but not manus?"

Kinaed states, "Physicians are not core, no."

Rothgar states, "Troubs but not Manus? Mmn."

Steven states, "Becauze Brotherhood has an entire city sector tied to them"

Temi states, "Mages are important as a thematic item. As a guild, it's totally extra."

Niamh says, "As a catalyst to the Reeves, I'd figure, and because half of the game map is dedicated to them."
Prisca declaims to Rothgar, "Basically the same thing!"
Niamh states to Prisca, "Gasp."
Kinaed says to Prisca, "Game lore, function, and design. The Brotherhood has a lot of code tie-ins and runs Southside."

Kiryn says, "You don't need to be in the Manus to be a mage. Plus what Kinaed said."

Laliene states, "I think the issue with them as a Guild was when Edwynn sat there, stalled for soooo long.. so they have a diminished importance now. "
Temi nods at Kiryn.

Quentyn states, "Order: Faith, Reeves: law, Bocg: Chaos, Merchants: skills for sale, Bards: rumormongering. Manus and physies can actually be considered to fall into the others."

Temi states, "It's got some lore, but what mages add to the game is primarily not in an organized guild form."
say Who arguably is meant to be in charge of Race relations or class relations?

Empena wonders, "Who arguably is meant to be in charge of Race relations or class relations?"

Prisca says, "Other currently non-supported guilds include mercenaries, scholars, and um, that sneaky book-reader's club"

Rothgar states, "The Tower Library? I mean, I'm not arguing that it be brought back, I'm just voicing my surprise. Anywho, that's it for my stuff, we're all good here."
Niamh states to Prisca, "Doko Doku Literature Club."

Temi finishes abruptly, "They effect everyone. Have a guild with a primary concern over something doesn't mean they are in charge of it - though they could take charge of it to ensure they get what they need"

Kinaed states, "I don't think any guild has race relations or class relations."

Maura says, "The mercenaries truthfully make no sense to even allow ingame... when other guilds are suffering. "

Kiryn trails off, "If I knew starting them up more promenantly wouldn't completely overpower the Order in like a week, I'd volunteer to run it myself (yes, with new character, obviously). But considering how many times the Order and Knights were split off, then merged together just in the time I've actually been an active player here..."

Kinaed claims, "That's the primary reason we haven't opened the mercs, yes."

Quentyn says, "They seem to be doing good as ist "
Kinaed nods at Quentyn.

Kinaed says, "We love having mercenaries representated in the population, for sure."
Niamh questions to Rothgar, "Whatcha mean about the library?"

Safir says, "I don't think it's fair to blame the mercenaries for a lack of Knights or Reeves."

Safir claims, "There are combat characters that are in no combat guilds or the mercenaries."

Kinaed wonders, "Guys, I'm sorry, but for time purposes... Rothgar, did you have another topic?"

Safir claims, "And I don't see any combat guilds reaching out to recruit."
Rothgar claims to Kinaed, "Negative, I'm handled, I'll banter with Niamh via tells."

Steven says, "I dont mind the Mercs. I do feel they draw away combat characters from the guilds."
Kinaed says to Safir, "I can agree with that assessment. Often guilds that seek to recruit get recruits."

Steven claims, "And I very much have, including adverts."
Kinaed smiles.
Niamh nods.

Safir says, "Adverts aren't in-game events."

Safir claims, "Or contacting people. Perhaps it's been done and I haven't run into it in game, but.. *shrug*"

Steven claims, "It most definitely has. "

Kinaed states, "Recruiting is absolutely at its best face to face, looking someone in the eye, and saying "I think you'd be fine material for the Reeves. Think about it? You can reach me by messenger any time.""

Steven says, "So please dont downplay Knight and Reeve attempts at it."
Kinaed states to Empena, "Okay, your topic is up. :)"

Empena claims, "There's been a recent increase in scripts/mappers etc posted to the forums. I am have some concerns about this is beginning to create an OOC seperation of skill for those who can/do use such programs and those that don't. Further, given the fact that botting has already removed two features that were helpful to people - the lovely jobs systems and now silver coin foraging.

The policy was updated, but ... if we keep encouraging mappers/scripts etc I feel like it's going to be natural that it keeps happening. It can be really disheartening to have things that are useful and cool and add flavor to the world that feel sort of rekt by the choices of one or two people."

Kinaed claims, "I'd hope the scripting policy that clarifies staff stance on such things will resolve that problem."

Laliene is unlucky and does 0 of that stuff. Is amazed by what can be done though, wow!

Empena questions, "Was the money reclaimed from the botter(s) in question?"

Kinaed states to Empena, "Yes."

Maura arches brow "Silver coin Foraging? Didn't even know that was a thing."

Kiryn claims, "Guessing it wasn't a thing for long."

Empena claims, "It was yeah, it was helpful if you accidentally forgot you needed an extra silver to send a messenger."

Niamh claims to Maura, "They were a rare find indoors. Short a coin at the tavern? Scrounge around looking for one type thing. Not to be used as it was."

Kinaed claims to Maura, "It's a small thing that apparently could be taken out of proportion with scripts, and was. We didn't have a clear scripting policy - it was hidden in help files and implied by the rules, but not clear - so we consolidated a help file, asked the player in question to stop using that script, and reclaimed the excess silver."

Maura queries, "I presume it was only with high-level foraging?"
Prisca states to Maura, "Yes, only the deepest reaches of sofa cushions."

Quentyn questions, "Like past the Domino realm?"

Kinaed says, "I'd encourage anyone who uses scripts to please read HELP POLICY SCRIPTS."

Kiryn becomes very thankful the only so-called script he uses is an anti-idler.
Kinaed says to Quentyn, "I don't understand the query. What I do know is that the script in question was able to yield perhaps 100 silver per OOC hour or so."

Kinaed claims, "That seemed far in excess of the intended design."

Laliene states, "Damn"

Kinaed states, "I salute clever players."

Maura has only one script running, and that's to snatch color codes when needed.
Laliene nods.

Kinaed states, "It's resolved now, no harm done, better scripting rules in place."
Quentyn says to Kinaed, "Domino is the Demon couch on ooc, so the silver we could find in a couch would be past Domino."
Kinaed declaims to Quentyn, "Oh!"
Kinaed nods at Quentyn.

Kiryn states, "I like the asset system better anyway, based on what little I know of both systems. More realistic."

Kinaed states, "Okay, we're getting closer to the top of the hour and it's Prisca's turn to raise a topic. :)"

Quentyn states, "Asset is awesome"

Prisca states, "Could use some clarification on point 2 in the scripts helpfile I think. I went over my scripts with a staff member, which allowed say, a script that puts on your clothes in a certain order for proper layering, which takes more than 5 commands at a time"
Kinaed states to Prisca, "I'll ask a staff member to have a look at that. What it means is that threaded commands shouldn't be scripted into chains of commands."

Kinaed states, "Non-threaded ones are fine."

Prisca claims, "Ah sorry, lost my pose- it's related though! To keep it short, basically is, forage could use some looking at at higher levels, especially if silver will not be coming back."

Kinaed claims, "So we'll look at the wording there."
Prisca nods at Kinaed.

Steven wonders, "I think scripting issues is generally the question of "does this mechanically give me an advantage over other people or is it just quality of life?""

Kiryn states, "So no spamming of <insert crafting command of the week here>, basically."
Kinaed claims to Steven, "Pretty much the intent"

Steven says, "If yes to the first dont do it. To the second, its okay."

Kinaed states, "Most crafting commands are threaded."

Kinaed claims, "The problem is that if you script certain commands, particularly threaded ones, your character becomes a bot."

Steven says, "I'm boggling over someone going so far as to bot forage for single silvers."

Steven states, "Thats insane and kind of sad."
Kinaed wonders to Steven, "Who wouldn't if it wasn't against the rules and offered substantial advantage?"

Temi gives a flawlessly smooth obelisk of pure, dark chocolate to Norrig.

Norrig eyes around warily.

Norrig states, "So many of you."

Norrig hisssssses.

Steven scratches his head.

Azarial claims, "Not me. that;s beyond boring; it would not even be worth the challenge of writing the script."

Kiryn says, "Kin's kinda got a point there. If you leave a loophole open, people will take it. Not all of them will intend to."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, I think it's fixed. I have no lingering concerns, and I think it's a good thing to have written, clear rules on scripting for the future."

Norrig says, "What'chu talking about."
Niamh pontificates to Norrig, "It's Norrig!"

Steven claims, "Your mom Norrig."
Kinaed says to Norrig, "HELP POLICY SCRIPTS"

Norrig narrows his golden eyes|x.

Steven rofls.

Quentyn states, "Basicly don't make a script that gives you an unfair advantage."

Norrig says, "Ok"

Norrig says, "Got it"

Niamh pokes Norrig in his golden eye.

Niamh trails off, "I ruined the coloring..."

Kinaed says, "And with 8 minutes to go - Vlora, you're up! Please introduce us to your topic. :)"

Norrig queries, "So foraging coins is a no go?"

Azarial passes on a Bond joke.
Kinaed nods at Norrig.

Norrig shuts up.
Steven says to Azarial, "You read my mind."

Prisca questions, "Ah, no discussion on my topic?"

Quentyn laughs.
Kinaed claims to Prisca, "Oh, I thought that was the discussion - I'm sorry."
Kinaed says to Vlora, "Hold off."

Prisca claims, "Mine was on ideas for foraging at higher levels"

Niamh shoots Vlora with a freeze gun.

Steven muses, "What kind of stuff would you like to see?"
Niamh states to Prisca, "The "flavor foraging" thing has been a long-standing project of mine, always in development. I LOVE ideas for them."

Vlora declaims, "Heyk!"

Prisca states, "There's very few things to look for above rank 55"

Vlora claims, "A small thing about possible guild retainers. I'm not sure about the exact policy on this, but would it be permissible for Guild Leaders to be able to string retainers up as guild-members, I.E a couple of squires? Due to constant low population and balance in the rosters, which has been an issue since forever-- I personally would like to have a Knights personnel buzzing around me to just to artificially flesh it out a little, rather than just including vNPC's every now and again."
Norrig nods at Vlora.

Niamh claims, "It helps me to have ideas given from players. When I do it I'm looking through lists of things and relying on whatever pops into my mind as appropriate. I get a lot of typo notes from EMPENA AGAIN (omg) about suggestions based on room descriptions, and it's always really helpful."

Niamh states, "(To Prisca that is)"
Prisca nods.

Temi claims, "We don't want to encourage any sort of spamming behavior, though, still."
Niamh nods.

Niamh says, "If it's in a room, we have to bear in mind that it can be acquired 3 times per day. A forageable has to be make sense to be found 3 times, so it can't be super rare or at all unique."
say Ahh, mmm, good to keep in mind.

Empena states, "Ahh, mmm, good to keep in mind."

Kinaed claims, "I don't mind GLs or guild members using guild retainers or describing vnpcs (in the case of guild members, they'd be subject to a GL's approval in how they're being used). That said, I worry with this statement about what can of worms I just opened, so the warning is that I'll change my mind if substantially bad stuff starts happening in game because of how GLs and guild members are running their NPCs."

Kinaed questions to Prisca, "May I ask you to add your query to the forums so it isn't lost?"

Prisca exclaims to Kinaed, "Will do!"

Rothgar muses to Kinaed, "Can Clergy have Knight retainers?"

Kinaed claims to Prisca, "I'm sorry to have moved the meeting on with minimal discussion, we're just running out of time."

Kinaed declaims to Prisca, "Thanks!"

Norrig states, "Don't order your mob to recommend you; trust me it doesn't work"
Niamh grins at Norrig.

Maura claims, "I'd think only high ranking members of the clergy would make sense."

Temi says, "We do have a current policy that you can't string mobs as guild members."

Prisca muses, "Why was it that a retainer couldn't represent a guild member before?"
Kinaed asks of Temi, "Oh, we had that for a reason, didn't we?"

Temi says, "So this would be a specific exception to that, not a general okayness"

Maura trails off, "Because nobles and whatnot were describing their guards as knights..."
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Niamh muses to Kinaed, "Maybe Guildleaders can have guild-affiliated retainers, but they have to be X rank or lower? No having a retainer Knight or Inquisitor, but a Page or Acolyte would be fine?"

Norrig has seen lots and lots of knight mobs

Kinaed says, "I'm certain we had a policy against poeple outside of a guild using a guild's members ICly, but it was aimed at that above."
Prisca nods at Norrig.
Niamh starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed claims, "I'd prefer to add this to Staff Talking points, actually."

Norrig wants an App 5 grandmaster proconsul vavardi girl

Temi claims, "We did set the policy to be no guild member mobs at all. I don't think it was just the outside guild folks, so yeah, we may want to discuss"
Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "We'll discuss the ins and outs in detail and get back to everyone"

Niamh has written a new note, Flavor Foraging Guidelines, on the Personal board.
Niamh finishes her note.

Vlora says, "Okeydoke, thanks."

Kinaed exclaims, "It's the top of the hour!"

Kinaed states, "Thanks for joining this week's OOC Chat, everyone. We look forward to seeing you next week."

Norrig bows.

Eion waves.
Prisca waves.

Quentyn questions, "Can I be transed to chargen instead of where I was?"

Steven says, "I think it would be cool if its allowed but that the mob can only provide basic guard roles. No Knights serving warrants for the Inquisitor, etc"

Maura clings to the furniture, refusing to leave

Kinaed states, "Please consider posting an advertisement on Reddit if you can as we seem to get good traffic from that site."
Norrig nods at Steven.

Niamh ruffles Maura.
A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "It'll help us bring up activity and attract new players/characters for people to RP with."
Norrig wonders to Kinaed, "A review?"
Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]
Kinaed says to Norrig, "That'd be good, yes :)"

Kiryn says, "R/MUD just had its MUD of the month voting, sadly. But next month, TI gets a posting."

Steven claims, "BEAM ME BACK SCOTTY"

Kinaed says, "If someone can alert the pbase when that is happening, it'd be fantastic."

Kinaed declaims, "Alright, see everyone on the other side!"

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Kinaed claims, "I don't mind GLs or guild members using guild retainers or describing vnpcs (in the case of guild members, they'd be subject to a GL's approval in how they're being used). That said, I worry with this statement about what can of worms I just opened, so the warning is that I'll change my mind if substantially bad stuff starts happening in game because of how GLs and guild members are running their NPCs."

Rothgar muses to Kinaed, "Can Clergy have Knight retainers?"
The way I've approached this — I actually wasn't aware there was a rule about stringing Retainers as Guild Members — is that an NPC retainer should never, ever, ever, ever, impart a power that your character doesn't explicitly have, and should always be at least a full denomination lower in rank than your character. For example, only the Earl Marshall or Grand Master should ever have a 'Knight' retainer; only the Grand Inquisitor (or maayybe High Inquisitor) should have an Inquisitor Retainer. Knights could have a Squire or Page, Inquisitors could have an Acolyte. Further, you should never RP that your retainers meaningfully function outside of what your character does; for example, a Squire NPC Retainer should never be off fighting a Demon who showed up in the city if your PC wasn't there; an Inquisitor should not be investigating a situation that the GI is not also personally investigating. Nobles should never have a Knight or Squire retainer as they should be protected by House Chevaliers or, in rare cases, Guardsmen assigned to them by the Council.

It's not really practical to RP that GLs have non-guilded retainers, but the above guidelines should prevent any abuse from the system.

Edit: Also, by this rule, no Clergy should ever have a Knight, Squire, or Reeve retainer because those roles impart the authority to serve warrants, which the Clergy do not thematically have.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information