Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Kinaed queries, "
Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today
?"

Orik is totally playing with these in his cell.

Mina wonders, "
Making a makeshift rope Orik?"

Empena says, "
I have a thought to bring up, well perhaps two short ones."

Kinaed says, "
Cool, jotting you down, Empena. Please pre-write them for when called upon."

Kinaed queries, "
Anyone else?"

Kinaed states, "
I got one in a tell that I've been asked to bring up anonymously."

Orik states to Mina, "I read Eyes of the Dragon."

Kinaed says, "
Okay, if anyone thinks of anything further as we talk, please send me a tell."

Kinaed claims, "
Kicking off Staff Updates, I'm on vacation this week and will be next week also. I thought this meant more time for TI instead of less, but so far I've been incorrect. I have done some Request Queue work and answered a few board posts. No policy (thanks folks!) and that's all."

Kinaed says, "
I was just alerted we also have a topic on the Request Board (potentially)"

Kinaed claims, "
I have on my desk - Jail Message Automation, Specing a Lore command from within a room, and updating what info is available to players when using certain commands due to City Lore skill."

Kinaed states, "
That's me."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "You're up :)"

Bofaha states, "
Jail automation \o/"

Azarial says, "
I thought I would have more time as well, but alas."

Azarial claims, "
I rewrote yell to clean that up some and prepare for a possible fweature, and sorted my bugs a touch."

Azarial says, "
Niamh ha been murdering the chagne board, so I am not entirely sure what Ihave mabaged this week"

Prisca asks of Azarial, "
Will yell work through one-way exits now?"

Kinaed states, "
Let me look."

Azarial states, "
Not if they one way into a yell room."

Azarial claims, "
One way out, yes."

Kinaed claims, "
I saw three bugs come through. I don't see anything major or recent on the completed board."

Azarial says, "
Otherwise...well. I am not searching all seven thousand some rooms when someone yells to find the one possible room entering a yel room."

Azarial claims, "
We are not snaped to a grid so taht I can do yell as the crow flies. it walks through exits like everyone else"

Kinaed states, "
I don't think there's anything people would notice top side except more things working as they're expected."

Prisca nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "
But it should not duplicate messages if the rooms connect in a loop."

Azarial says, "
Also, I doubt we will ever snap to a grid. thats a bit too limiting at times."

Kinaed claims, "
If that's about being able to be heard yelling through windows, I think the window obj has the adjacent room vnum saved on it."

Azarial states, "
It does; that is next on the list. the 3yo expoding out both ends tends to preclude productivity."

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

Azarial states, "
Thank the gods for tile floors."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi states, "
Well, I am now almost done with work for the year, just one more work from home day next Tuesday... so hopefully I'll have a little extra time for TI-ing stuff. If I get things enough under control, maybe I'll find a little event to run next week before I spend some time next weekend with family. But we'll see! But last week was still getting RL stuff together, so not a lot accomplished outside of the normal RPA plot sorts of things."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Oveon has lost link.

Temi claims, "
And that's about it for me."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "
Nice, short and sweet Staff Updates."

Kinaed queries, "
Now to Player Heartbeat - how was RP last week, folks?"

Vlora declares, "
Didn't get a lot done, RL crimbus stuff!"

Kinaed nods at Vlora.

Cowl pontificates, "
Pretty slow my side. Do hope to get in the swing of things soon though!"

Kinaed smiles at Cowl.

Orik says, "
Bit slow"

Kinaed comforts Orik.

Derfel claims, "
Less time online than normal but lots of good RP when I was. Been busy, just now on holiday."

Temi nods. "
Had a hard time getting any sort of events from this week from people. Hence Christmas gifty." She shakes the stockings.

Mina trails off, "
A bit slow here. My internet is not in the spirit of giving...."

Kinaed comforts Mina.

Empena says, "
Folks are a bit busy with stuff, but I've had some good scenes with our intimate group we've had this week. "

Kinaed claims, "
That's good to hear."

Mina smiles at Kinaed.

Prisca states, "
Things are going well, nothing too exciting, other than progressing with the Merc stuff. I've got a ST pending approval for our first mission soon- will likely have a slot or two free for other combat characters to join in."

Vlora squeals

Mina declaims, "
Sounds fun!"

Mina cannot fight though.

Kinaed smiles.

Mina disarms the enemies with her smile.

Kinaed wonders, "
Glad to hear it's been mostly a good week. Anything shitting anyone about the game that staff ought to be aware of?"

Kinaed states, "
I'll assume a long silence means 'nope'. :)"

Empena claims, "
Not a shitting thing but can lead to weirdness for a Physician - the whole using a salve on someone else accidentally starting combat thing."

Prisca grins at Empena.

Prisca exclaims, "
Or soap!"

Azarial claims, "
If it is tagged as a spotive effect in the code, it should not"

Kinaed claims, "
If someone walked up to me and tried to soap me down, I'm pretty sure I'd take a swing."

Cowl declaims, "
To empena How dare you try to make me feel better! *draws blades*"

Kinaed says, "
So typo any objects that do that and ought not"

Derfel nods at Kinaed.

Prisca states, "
I've just taken to insisting they're sitting before any treatment myself."

Cowl cannot use sayto, apparently.

Temi nods at Prisca.

Kinaed comforts Cowl.

Temi says, "
That's how the code knows they have settled in to be willing"

Kinaed states, "
Probably an OOC room thing."

Bofaha claims, "
So pretty much how its always been with treat"

Empena chuckles quietly, "
Yeah, sometime it can be people RP sittinglaying down but forget to codewise."

Derfel states, "
If you're standing, you could reasonably be resisting a salve being put on you for any number of reasons"

Kinaed has transferred Lyonie. [OOC]

Derfel claims, "
I don't think it should automatically be able to be applied unless the character has OOCly made some effort to not resist. IE, sit, rest, or whatever it is."

Temi gives a pair of warm, winter stockings, fashioned from fuzzy wool to Lyonie.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "
Salves are not just positives, but also poison things too."

Empena says, "
Ah, well, mostly it comes up trying to save the random NPCs from themselves when they get Corpserot"

Kinaed states, "
Hehe, I'm imagining Physicians wandering the streets and force-soaping everyone they think needs a bath."

Kinaed says, "
Okay, on to Player Topics. Empena, you're up."

Empena claims, "
Idea one - I'd like to bring up the idea that I know at a certain point one of the shops in the Pawn Shop was cleared out because the cheaper drinks sort of put a difficulty on player brewers selling things and competing. I'd like to propose the thought that instead, that shop sell rare seeds/plants etc when PC shops/houses are cleared out. Clearly this should be legal things (perhaps naughty things should get sent to you ahem other folks) but as these are rare and getting to them first can be influenced by play times when metrics pop, might be more folks more of a chance."

Prisca queries, "
The pawn shop, or the auction house?"

Temi says, "
I think that's the auction house, yeah. The pawn shop is stocked by the thieves guild."

Empena states, "
The Auction House, yes."

Kinaed queries, "
I have no opinion regarding that either way. Temi, mind adding it to Staff Talking points?"

Derfel says to Temi, "Sounds like a rumour to me."

Temi says, "
Rare plants in the auction house is an interesting idea.. though I also like the idea of those plants eventually disappearing when people leave the game, so that it's not completely additive, always getting less and less rare."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "
Okay, I've been asked to post anonymously for a player: Quick discussion on if backstab could be given a 'safebackstab' alternative so it can be practised. It's nearly impossible to raise through use, but it is definitely something that could be practised on someone in a non-lethal manner, I think."

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Mina says, "
I like the idea of less than legal rare seeds being occasionally stocked by the pawn shop myself. :P"

Mina says, "
To represent smuggling."

Kinaed nods at Mina.

Bofaha claims to Kinaed, "Only if it also gets nerfed, it's extremely powerful, but also almost impossible to master"

Temi states, "
Thieves could do that. A lot of those rare, illegal restocks go into their guild."

Prisca queries, "
Can it be raised through hunting, or does it not pool like with most other combat skills vs animals?"

Kinaed states, "
Combat skill versus animals pool, provided they are above your skill level."

Empena says, "
Either way, mostly the thought was that a vanilla or something likely would be saved to be sold, could be sold at a crazy price."

Mina asks, "
Backstabbing squirrels are you?"

Kinaed states, "
So if you hunt squirrels a lot and stop pooling, I'd recommend upping your game."

Temi finishes her note.

Bofaha states, "
Backstabbing bears should get you far"

Derfel claims to Prisca, "Imagine if you only got credit for using your attack once in a combat, for a pool, I think."

Derfel nods at Bofaha.

Mina claims, "
If you don't die."

Orik , does the requisite rimshot for Kinky.

Derfel states, "
And the game is about RP with other players, not mindlessly grinding against mob animals"

Empena claims, "
Another thought is a spec for submitting suggestions for foraging items that might pop in a room like the lore spec that's being put in. I've done that mostly via Typo board but, perhaps a spec might make that easier or more streamlined? That might be an effort vs reward thing, but just an idea I had as some rooms have unique room descrips about items that could be cool to forage for from there and a spec might make more folks notice descrips etc and read things to submit them. "

Bofaha trails off, "
Lets be fair, Backstabbing exists only for killing players, it can cripple most of them in single hit when it lands. Being able to just max it out easily... nah..."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Kinaed states, "
I think that's been suggested before and is potentially on the radar - but it is extremely low priority."

Empena nods.

Prisca claims, "
I think it'd be interesting if backstab was expanded into ambush, available for weapons outside of blades as well."

Kinaed claims, "
Alas, there does not appear to be another topic on the Request Board."

Kinaed queries, "
Backstab can't be used by all weapons now?"

Bofaha states, "
Last i checked it can"

Kinaed says, "
I think it can be with most."

Kinaed nods at Bofaha.

Prisca claims, "
I haven't tried. help file says bladed"

Kinaed says, "
That's probably correct then. Hard to backstab with, say, a whip."

Derfel states to Prisca, "It doesn't specify any weapon in help backstab"

Empena says, "
I've watched other games where ambush/backstab becomes a big thing, when you give a coded reward for going right to code, it tends to lessen RP in fights, that's what I've seen at least. "

Prisca claims, "
Can it be used with unarmed? I wanna strange people."

Derfel nods at Prisca.

Kinaed claims, "
I don't know."

Derfel says, "
I am nodding to mean that would be awesome, I have no idea, haha."

Bofaha says, "
And absolutely unrealistic"

Kinaed questions, "
Alas, I am nodding off at the keyboard and we've exhausted our topics for today. Does anyone have anything else or object to wrapping up early?"

Bofaha pontificates, "
Wrap sounds good!"

Kinaed smiles.

Empena says, "
Ah, nothing that can't go to the forums, mostly just random craft thoughts."

Empena claims, "
So, I'd second a wrap up"

Kinaed says, "
In that case - a reminder to please use the links in who to vote and that Reddit is currently one of the better feeders for our getting new players for you to play with. If you can find it in your heart to write a review or advertise on our behalf, we'd appreciate it."

Kinaed smiles at Empena.

Oveon has reconnected.

Kinaed claims, "
Thanks for attending this week's OOC Chat, everyone. :)"

Kinaed declares, "
See you next week!"

• Information