Log of OOC Meeting 2017-10-14

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Whisper

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Rothgar claims, "I have a subject to raise, yes."

Kinaed questions, "I have Rothgar. Anyone else?"

Cerise states, "I have a question to ask, myself."

Janus says, "Me"

Janus claims, "Me before Rothgar please"

Kinaed claims, "I have Rothgar, Cerise, Janus."

Rothgar claims, "Absolutely fine to have them go before me, mine is all typed up and ready to go."

Kinaed nods.

Calanthe claims, "I'd like to join the queue."

Augustus says, "I'd like to hypeman for Rothgar"
Temi gives a bantam female Tubori doll with half of her visage painted to Elle.

Janus states, "Samies. Thanks Rothgar."

Kinaed states, "Adding Calanthe. On that note, if you have a topic, please pre-type it so we don't wait a long time when you're called."

Nadya states, "HYPE FOR ROTHGAR 2018"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else want to raise a topic for discussion?"

Kinaed states, "I got another in a tell."

Elle states, "Yes please."

Kinaed says, "Okay, if anyone thinks of anything during the OOC Chat, you can send me a tell too."

Kinaed claims to Elle, "I got you. :)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next item in the Agenda - staff updates."

Yilaina cries

Kinaed states, "This week, I didn't have a lot of policy, but I was consulted on some plots. It's been a quiet week for me. If you're interested and haven't read the Matchmaker code spec, there's a copy on the floor in this room."

Janus beckons Yilaina to warm herself by the pyre of Vicannia dolls.

Kinaed says, "Otherwise, Jail automation and the roles UI are the only two things on my desk. I've started a job with a new client, which seems to be going well and not as time consuming as my last one, so hopefully I'll be around more. That's me."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial claims, "Sorry, allergies are bad today."

Azarial says, "I've been chasing down bugs adn crashes, trying to finish up assets , and sort out the simpler bugs."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "When I look at the boards, I see a few fixes, but not much top side."

Kinaed states, "We did fix guild writs so every guild has them, and put them in shops. When a guild writ is used, it *should* report to the guild channel so that it's not a silent "I stole a writ from Joe's body and have been using it to sneak in your GH, and you have no idea" situation."

Yilaina grins

Kinaed says, "I think we mentioned the Tubori quarter was opened last week, and I don't have much else to add."

Steven states, "Oh my now that would be scary"

Cerise muses, "What is a guild writ?"

Desna grins at Yilaina

Steven states, "Its like a visitors pass."

Kinaed claims to Cerise, "It's an object that allows the person holding it to bypass xblocks."

Yilaina huggles Dezna and wrapps them in a huggle.

Nadya states, "A pass that lets you temporarily, or permanently let you into xblocked areas, so long as you have it on you."

Desna sufficates.

Nadya claims, "It's like a press pass."

Kinaed nods at Nadya.

Yilaina gasps

Cerise queries, "Xblocks are those doors only openned to guid members?"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, that's Azarial and I - Temi, you're up!"

Temi claims, "Well, the big thing I did this week was release asset resources. There's been testing involved in that, writing up helpfiles, and a bit of adjustment on a few things. There's still a few small bugs, but it should be mostly good to go! Beyond that, I'm doing some reviewing of noble apps, and I think I've now got first responses to everyone who applied. Thanks for the patience! It takes a bit longer with several applications at once."

Kinaed states to Cerise, "Rooms that only guild members can pass through."

Janus says, "An xblock is a room only accessible by guild members"

Temi shabooms it all out, ready ahead of time.

Yilaina hasn't gotten anything on her's yet.

Nadya says, "It's areas that you aren't allowed into normally, Cerise. It doesn't need to be closed. Guards stop you in place/etc."

Bofaha claims, "Oooh asset resources"

Cerise says, "Thanks."

Bofaha cheers 19 times for Temi

Temi asks of Yilaina, "Send me a tell with the name?"

Steven states, "Temi deserved a beer."

Calanthe pontificates, "The resource addition seems lovely, thank you for all the hard work on it!"

Nadya claims, "BE DANK, TEMMY."

Dissatisfied with an incomplete number, Janus cheers once more.

Calanthe wonders, "If we have suggestions for changes, should we request?"

Nadya cheers once more, to piss of Janus.

Yilaina trails off, "I haven't even like..."

Janus is fine with 21 because it's not a prime.

Desna cheers once.

Steven states, "Of changes that sentence dramatically Nadya"

Yilaina hasn't even gotten her resources yo

Yilaina tries to revive Desna as she speaks.

Kinaed claims, "There was a lot of testing involved in making sure those worked and played nicely, so a big hand of applause to both Temi and Az for getting asset resources out."

Norrig claps like a gent.

Temi declaims, "We're hoping it adds some good dimensions of RP for people to interact with each other. That's all for me!"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Janus claps with red hands.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. Player Heartbeat!"

Kinaed wonders, "How was RP this week, folks?"

Steven claims, "Preeetty interesting."

Bofaha says, "Amazeballs with spaceball sprinkles"

Desna states, "Quite."

Nyna trails off, "Dramatic..."

Sauvaige states, "Troubling. "

Yilaina got recommended for an rp thing she did.

Norrig states, "Slow, very slow. Southside gets lonely. Very lonely."

Calanthe says, "Delicious."

Bofaha cheers for Yilaina "Good going!"

Elle claims, "Interesting."

Namaka claims, "I've had some lovely tailoring scenes that make Nam very happy :)"

Yilaina states, "Yup"

Janus trails off, "It was... complicated"

Cerise says, "Is satisfied."

Arkenn declaims, "Yay!"

Dorian states, "I'm doing good myself. I've had some fun student/teacher RP with my guildmates."

"It, was, uh." Nadya looks down at smudged ink on their hand, "B-Bueno." [Nadya]

Yilaina claims, "My other half, meaning my main, didn't really get any recomends this week, but she did get to be Magnatey so that's good."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "It's good to hear the bulk of people had fun. :)"

Bofaha questions, "Can we not disclose alts pretty please?"

Nadya claims, "Don't forget that recommend exists, boyessss."

Nadya declares, "Spread the love to people that shock you!"

Yilaina shakes her head.

Yilaina asks, "Right?"

Steven states, "Id like to recommend Nadya for using recommends."

Kinaed muses, "Other than Player Topics that are already slated to be discussed, does anyone want to raise anything that's shitting them or that they want staff to be aware of?"

Yilaina giggles.

Cerise felt in a recommend bug.

Margaux gets out the modified defibs for Nadya.

Janus states, "I feel that magecraft needs to be looked at"

Nadya blinks, "Pls no bully"

Judith has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "Yes, please do recommend your RP partners, particularly for RP that drives plots that are thematic, but not necessarily popular."

Janus claims, "But that's a topic for when I have better resource to back up my opinion."

Yilaina huggles the nadya?

Nadya makes a Cappybara noise.

Norrig states, "I think all I have to say has or will be spoken at the appropiate segments."

Bofaha exclaims, "Risk rp! Rowd rp! Outlandish rp! They all deserve a reco!"

Kinaed nods at Bofaha.

Yilaina shrieks and falls over

Kinaed states, "I guess I mean - think about giving recommends to people who don't naturally come to mind. :)"

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Arkenn exclaims, "Bofa knows about rowd rp!"

Norrig says, "People who frak you up WITH style."

Arkenn claims, "But it's why we love him I think."

Kinaed says, "Okay, well if that's everything for Player Heartbeat - and thanks for the many tells saying you had awesome RP also from those who shared - let's move to Player Topics."

Bofaha declares to Arkenn, "Then make sure to recommend him!"

Empena states, "When folks comment at meetings about how whatever was awesome and there's no recommend it can lead to a lot of navel gazing."

Temi claims, "Something which frustrated and enrages you can do a lot to stir up RP, when it comes down to it."

Kinaed questions, "Janus, Rothgar courteously put you up ahead of him, so you're first. Please introduce us to your topic?"

Nadya claims, "Please don't stare into my bellybutton."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Yilaina stares. "Rothkar put someonef... sorry"

Yilaina giggles.

Janus says, "Incoming wall of text, so if everyone could give people time to read it before adding spam, I'd appreciate it."

Desna laughs at Yilaina.

Janus states, "As I am wont to do, I'd like to raise a controversial subject so we can get it out in the open. I don't think the way that the Grand Inquisitor and the High Inquisitor were ejected from their guild was particularly well handled.

A) The players were not online when they were ejected.

B) The entire dismissal was summarised in a one paragraph IC_Events post instead of roleplay. This could have been done by players.

C) The dismissal came after letters were sent to an NPC after we've been told we can't use external forces to affect the roleplay of Lithmore.

I'm sure the players knew that one day they'd be excommunicated or killed by opponents, not defeated by an IC_Events board post. As per Empena's previous complaints, people are circumnavigating IC roleplay and risk by throwing policy cases or using IC_Events they don't have to physically attend to get their agenda across.

TL:DR It's not the final result that is frustrating, but how it was executed. The Archbishop should've turned up and provided roleplay, or, in an ideal situation, the detractors should have murdered, gambited or otherwise played the event themselves."

Bofaha looks at Kinaed and stays silent

Augustus claims, "I thought it was pretty underwhelming, but I just assumed there was more RP going on behind the scenes I wasn't aware of"

Steven states, "Honestly theres a point where thematically writing to said NPCs is the only course of action that can be taken without being pyred as a heretic."

Kinaed claims, "I don't think there's any way we could have executed that activity that would have resulted in the players themselves being happy about it."

Nadya says, "But it wasn't really the only option at all."

Elle claims, "Honestly, this fits with previous situations, posts, discussions and announcements over the years and I didn't see anything out of the norm, but that is taking a lot of history into context."

Norrig nods at Augustus.

Sauvaige claims, "It's not about them being happy about it, but ensuring they do actually get some roleplay from it. "

Yilaina states, "I kinda assumed it had been coming for a while, though I didn't know it was done when they were offline, though."

Rothgar states, "2am, yes."

Kinaed states, "It was not done at 2am."

Janus claims, "Yes, it's not about the outcome. It's about the roleplay"

Desna queries, "I would have to disagree. I've seen a number of times that Cardinals and Archbishops were used to raid guildhalls in order to capture heretics and mages. What's the problem?"

Temi states, "The Cardinal and Queen exist as checks and balances available for use. They are not external forces, but are present, and we tried to execute the smallest level of influence that put things firmly back into player hands without them shirking their jobs."

Margaux says, "TI staff doesn't puppet NPCs as a general rule, outside of certain special events/plots."

Bofaha claims, "I am not sure how a scene with cardinal himself would make this any better really"

Rothgar claims, "Fri Oct 13 02:53:53 2017"

Kinaed states, "Guys, if I can have a moment to respond without the spam, then other people can respond, as this seems mostly directed to me."

Desna nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "I'll answer each statement with a sentence, then allow players to chat it out a bit."

Arkenn trails off, "Erm... sorry about that"

Arkenn wonders, "I'm sorry i've been away getting settled in. We lost a Grand Inquisitor and High Inquisitor to inactivity?(repost)"

Cerise questions, "My question is related to this event too, may I ask it now, to clarify something unclear for me?"

Janus claims to Cerise, "After Kinaed's response."

Kinaed says, "A) Players not online - that's a matter of convenience for the staff members handling the matter at the time. The game is asynchronistic and many people handle things when other people are not online. That's the nature of TI and there are no promises that anyone waits for anyone to handle things that need handling."

Temi states, "Also - we sent the letters to them several hours before enacting the IC Event."

Kinaed states, "B) The entire dismissal was summarized in one paragraph - this is not true, it is one of the many steps that were taken, including private mails, rumors, etc. "

Kinaed states, "It is just the one step that the 'common folk' would see."

Temi claims, "The IC Event was posted at 2 am because that was the last chance before I went to bed."

Temi states, "Sorry to Empena and Rothgar that that wasn't before they were able to receive them."

Kinaed says, "C) dismissal came after letters were sent to an NPC after being told that we can't use external forces to affect the roleplay of Lithmore - that's a serious miscommunication, but not one that I think is a defense given that the last two times someone came to the Cardinal about this topic, the players in question were alerted both ICly and OOCly."

Kinaed states, "The High Synod is the check on the Order, the Queen is the check on the Justiciar and secular forces."

Janus states, "Do the Brotherhood and Manus have checks? What sort of things need to be checked? Do the admin discuss with the leaders if things aren't going in the right direction? You can see my concern. I'm a GL and I don't know what I'm meant to be driving towards."

Kinaed claims, "In any case, whether we handled it correctly in the eyes of many or not, we handled it as we viewed it should be ICly handled based on the IC happenings. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose private IC information, but I do want to make it clear that none of the players involved are in trouble with staff, and it is not a policy issue that's at play here. It quite literally is simply the IC response to an IC situation."

Kinaed states to Janus, "Yes, we do discuss things with GLs when things are of concern to staff."

Kinaed states, "I've answered those statements, so open it to players to discuss."

Sauvaige muses, "I as the Seneschal could have been approached instead of the Cardinal, as I had assumed the point of giving this role the new gambit powers was to ensure that players have someone at the top to go to. Rather than handling stuff off grid, which is just awful and really creates a frustrating atmosphere to be a part of. It really rubs me the wrong way when people just forget about the gambit system, the system existing to actually do this sort of thing on grid. Why even have it if you can just get around it?"

Nadya questions, "But wouldn't the common folk have the most sway? Such as pressuring the Cardinal to go against his gut, or to go with his beliefs? It'd offer more of a political option for the letters and buildup to lead to a bid starting. Though, this's Janus's topic, so maybe hearing his response would allow a more concise response in total?"

Janus nods at Sauvaige.

Steven muses, "I assume if someone suspects me of foul play, etc, that folks are welcome to write to the Queen or royal council?"

Kinaed states to Sauvaige, "You could have been, but that wouldn't have played correctly into the history of the matter."

Margaux claims to Janus, "The GI and the Seneschal are particularly bound by help monarch, point 5 in particular in this instance."

Judith states, "GLs are held to higher standards for maintaining theme, as is stated in the GL policy helpfile."

Steven claims, "The Justiciar doesnt answer to the Seneschal either though."

Sauvaige claims, "I'm not sure I understand what you mean Kinaed"

Janus claims to Judith, "It is themely for an Inquisitor to be holy and righteous, but it has been said many times before that characters can be corrupt."

Kinaed says to Sauvaige, "Contacting Sauvaige would not have fit the IC situation correctly."

Nadya states, "I mean, it's somewhat hard to subvert the Cardinal, or gambit against him."

Bofaha says to Sauvaige, "Additionally gambit would only remove them as gl, not from the guild which is what happened here"

Rothgar says to Nadya, "Or speak with him."

Temi claims, "We did discuss using a gambit for this, but we didn't feel this was appropriate in this case - though it certainly could have been approached this way. With the accusations made to the Cardinal, it would not be thematic for the Cardinal to place the decision of their guilt in the public hands, and it would not be thematic for the populace to decide whether or not they were okay with the accusations if they were taken at face value."

Sauvaige claims, "There could obviously be extra steps taken once the gambit won/failed Bofaha."

Judith claims, "Also, I think the way it was handled leaves plenty of room for RP. Maybe not the RP the players want, but there's room for more story -- I don't see the staff's actions as shutting RP down, necessarily."

Elle states, "Inquisitors can be corrupt sure, but they answer to someone, and all GL's answer to someone higher, there are some GL's with a great deal of power and I think it's reasonable to have NPCs interject on them, which has happened before specifically with the Order given their monopoly on power."

Bofaha says to Elle, "Pretty much npcs are the only power above GI"

Elle nods with Judith, "it's how you roll with it, just a different path of RP but one I suspect will make a lot for the game."

Janus claims, "To further throw fuel on the fire, I want to add that the events leading up to this dismissal were OOCly suspicious. The seneschal position got given a new power to unseat GLs. The sender of the final piece of damning evidence to the Cardinal was also the one who was slated to receive this new power after events that politically supported them from the admin. Whether or not it was intentional, myself and other players feel like there was a heavy admin bias to push this agenda of removing the current Order players."

Sauvaige sneezes loudly.

Milo claims, "I was going to say, given the power of the Order, It's an entity that really wouldn't be open for public debate."

Temi states, "Unfortunately, the GI is not really in a position to be accused of crimes by any player character, without the acceptance of the Cardinal."

Yilaina claims, "Bless you."

Nadya states, "But everyone accuses everyone of crimes. I've hd people assume that I poison people just because I'm my rank."

Bofaha says to Janus, "But you can only know all the facts if you, well, know all the IC/OOC happennings of other players. My points is that only staff will know that, at least without breaking rules."

Arkenn states, "Just a bit here, I'm almost positive that the common man had little say in this day and age as to how something was handled higher up usually. They were unhappy about many decisions made and if they said something about it were usually made an example of no? Pardon me if i'm wrong."

Milo claims, "I agree with Arkenn."

Nyna nods at Arkenn.

Empena states, "And yet them getting their say was and is core to things like the Gambit system and the new Seneshal bidding."

Bofaha declaims to Arkenn, "Pretty much!"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not privy to everything that happened OOCly. What happened at a level I feel comfortable in disclosing is that there is an IC situation that started back ages ago. Eventually it reached a point that this was deemed by staff to be the correct course of action for an NPC."

Elle says, "I think if something seems suspicious it should be raised to staff directly rather than us speculating, since everyone is going to have a different impression."

Nadya says to Arkenn, "But as a GL, and a member of the council, there are people who can definitely push for change and overall pressure. We can manipulate riots/etc."

Yilaina nod nods.

Kinaed claims, "I also would like to note that typicall when plots come to staff of this nature, we as a habit, kick it back to PC hands."

Milo states, "I wouldn't mind seeing that sort of response over the situation, though I personally don't see anything wrong with what has taken place personally."

Bofaha muses "I don't remember when had an IC even like that before... if ever"

Janus claims, "It's not a case of player suspicion. I just want to clarify that if these players were ejected from their role by the admin decision, is there something that we can do to make sure we don't cross that line that says 'ousting time'."

Arkenn states, "That's something that could possibly have happened but depending how high up the chain of command it is, you're still seen as a common folk. A grand inquisitor answers to someone more powerful at some point the only person more powerful to answer to is the Lord of Springs or the Monarchy, and we don't have PCs in those roles."

Margaux states, "How the Seneschal came to office would have been directly called into question by the nature of the investigation, it wouldn't have made sense for the Synod to push the decision down to the senechal."

Temi says, "We're hoping still that we've left enough room for things to actually happen."

Janus muses, "I've noticed that there's no GI application open. Is that because it's been filled?"

Kinaed says to Janus, "Not yet."

Nadya states, "Though... I've a bit of a question."

Kinaed asks of Nadya, "Yes?"

Nadya wonders, "If we can RPA with the Cardinal in such a manner, are we allowed to, say, poison him? Push for his excommunication?"

Nyna states, "Seems like the Sihod is the check for the Order stepping out of line, but Im curious about Janus's question, what NPCs do the Manas and the Brotherhood answer to? (if any) seems to me those two guilds have high GL turn over because of the nature of the job."

Kinaed claims to Nadya, "You can if you want."

Janus nods at Nyna.

Janus nods at Nyna.

Arkenn says, "I'd imagine that could lead to some very interesting RP."

Temi states, "Steven will be pursuing the secular charges, and the new GI will be tasked by the Cardinal with the religious ones. If they are not confirmed, we're happy to accept that ICly."

Bofaha states to Nyna, "There is always some npc that can step in when really needed, but this is really rare"

Janus trails off, "Please don't start stories with NPCs..."

Kinaed says to Nadya, "But as mentioned, this is the staff failsafe, so whereas we'd weigh those plots up reasonably, generally speaking our natural bent would be to shut them down."

Nyna nods at Bofaha.

Temi claims, "The Cardinal and Queen are considered on grid sources who can be accessed by plots, but we do try to not focus things on NPCs."

Arkenn states, "ElseMU* i've seen someone do the equivilent of an RPA to invade a princesses bedroom and kill her and her unborn child. The person who did it was an average player who wanted to cause havok and did just that."

Temi gives a bantam female Tubori doll with half of her visage painted to Simeon.

Kinaed nods at Arkenn.

Desna states to Nyna, "I would think that the Manus and Brotherhood as a whole would have to answer to those they lead. It's just one person right? 20 comrades turncoating would put a stop. Just my 2 cents."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, so anything else for this topic, or can we move on to Rothgar?"

Sauvaige says, "So. How long are Empena and Rothgar going to have to wait for a new GI to progress it? I can imagine a very, very long time. Unless there is already someone slated to take the role. "

Janus asks of Kinaed, "Do the Manus and Brotherhood have NPC checks in place?"

Nadya says, "It's pretty arduous, finding a reliable 2GL, let alone a full GL."

Temi says, "We don't have anyone yet, but the current Order should have already been asked - if not, that's our bad."

Kinaed states to Janus, "Not NPC ones because there doesn't need to be a public explanation for them. We can just remove a GL and hire another one and do an IC event."

Desna nods at Kinaed.

Temi states, "We will be on replacing them as quick as possible."

Judith states, "More time for them to cover their tracks? Heh."

Nyna nods.

Nyna claims, "Its a treacherous job regardless, mostly I see the GL's for these guilds just dying"

Nadya queries, "Janus, how do you feel this conversation is going?"

Janus muses to Kinaed, "Under what circumstances would you remove a GL?"

Janus claims to Nadya, "I think that there is a lot of admin involvement when we've been told the admin don't get involved in roleplay."

Temi claims, "For example, thieves are not allowed to be publicly pro-mage."

Milo claims, "I believe you have to do a really good job of being unthemely and breaking rules."

Bofaha claims to Janus, "There really isn't"

Margaux claims to Janus, "It is pretty clear in help monarch."

Janus states, "This is how I feel."

Arkenn states, "Gross misconduct for the Manus I think would be attempting to expose all of the Mages identities for the sake of having them all pyred would be met with a lot of resistance and likely removal from power? I can't think of too many."

Norrig says to Temi, "Nobody can :)"

Temi claims, "We've told thief GLs before that announced a pro-mage policy, that they would be removed if they didn't retract that."

Steven states, "I dont really feel this is a lot of admin involvement. I feel its mostly just hurt feelings."

Nadya says, "Alright, this is how Janus feels."

Bofaha claims to Janus, "You generally get a lot of warning before anything like this happens, and that his what kinky said before"

Milo claims, "This is the first time in two years that the staff has had to do anything like this really since my time here. I mean compared to other games this is very little involvement."

Bofaha nods at Milo.

Kinaed says to Janus, "Hard to say, it happens so rarely. In fact, I think this is the first time. Generally speaking, if you're on that track as a GL, we tell you what's gone on and what we're concerned about."

Janus nods.

Bofaha says, "I never remember gl being removed like that, like ever"

Judith agrees with Steven.

Janus says, "As long as there is open discussion and warning."

Bofaha goes to search ic_evnts archive

Nadya asks of Janus, "Are you happy with the response?"

Kinaed states, "As I said, when this dies down and it doesn't matter to people's RP, we will happily disclose all events from the staff side."

Empena states, "I'd like to make a statement."

Milo says, "Sounds good to me."

Temi states, "We intend to continue not doing this frequently, and avoiding it if we feel we can."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Janus says to Kinaed, "Alright. ICly I'm overjoyed that there is no GI and GL. I'm the Rubeus. I should be overjoyed. I'm just concerned that there has been a sudden stop to the roleplay for my guild and also the sudden displacement of GLs."

Kinaed listens to Empena.

Nadya says, "Someone has requested that I raise something in his stead. Please note that I will take his spot, to raise it for him, and try to do the subject justice."

Kinaed states to Nadya, "Adding you."

Nadya states, "It's norrig."

Kinaed muses, "Guys, we're going to go way over time, looks like. That okay with everyone?"

Norrig bows

Taunya nods at Kinaed.

Sauvaige nods

Rothgar says, "I'm here for the night."

Margaux claims, "Sure"

Norrig says, "I have to go jogging. See you all sexy people."

Kinaed smiles.

Yilaina nods.

Kinaed pontificates, "Enjoy, Norrig!"

Judith waves.

Milo waves.

Elle states, "You can cut me Kinaed, mine was more of a public service announcement."

Kinaed asks of Elle, "Meaning you want a retrans?"

Elle states, "I mean take me off the topic list."

Kinaed queries to Elle, "Oh, okay. Do you want to just say it while we wait for Empena to type?"

Elle says, "Sure I have it typed out."

Calanthe states, "There's also an event after the meeting is over."

Empena claims, "There has been an element for some time where people who have had difficulties with RP decisions or things I have done have through various means attempted to address them ... through seemingly any means besides IC actions that would possibly lead to IC consequences. Policy cases, using tells to control RP, discussing active RP on the visnet, the forums, this meeting. Plots with staff. I have said I've felt uncomfortable with that multiple times, I've said multiple times that I've wanted people to RP about issues and handle them ICly. This had, repeatedly been ignored."

Lorrent states, "Scandalous"

Kinaed states, "I believe this entire situation was handled ICly using IC means."

Nadya claims, "I know what Empena means. This isn't this subject, this is something else."

Lorrent questions, "What's the topic?"

Kinaed says, "I don't know what she's referring to then."

Bofaha claims to Empena, "Did you report this to staff? Someone colluding RP over ooc means sounds... bad."

Janus says, "This is using 'IC actions', but not roleplay."

Kinaed claims to Lorrent, "Right now, the removal of Empena and Rothgar from the Order."

Lorrent claims, "Got it."

Nadya claims, "This is about people actually trying to start policy cases in response to avoid RP."

Janus states, "Let her finish her statement."

Nadya claims, "I don't think this is the current affair with the removal."

Milo asks, "I'm not sure in which way you mean?"

Milo claims, "Like do they have concerns suddenly in the middle of a situation or is it that they ligeitimately have concerns about how something came to be and just issue those at an inopportune time."

Kinaed says, "Can someone in the know send me a tell explaining what is she talking about? I'm not aware of any policy cases (off the top of my head) either."

Yilaina takes her doll's arm, rotating it up and down so that the little Tubori woman seems to be gesturing her hand in emphasis.

Kinaed states, "Well, actually."

Nadya states, "She can explain it better than I can."

Kinaed says, "If I don't know, then I don't think other people do either."

Yilaina says, "No idea."

Desna queries to Empena, "Can you give us an example of what is going on?"

Janus claims, "I think this is a historic back catalogue of the things she's experienced in the past and said that she doesn't want people avoiding face-to-face RP."

Milo states, "Well, I'm asking because I mean I feel this has been stated rather aggressively yet, I have no idea what she's talking about. So, I need clerification."

Rothgar says, "Well calm down, let her type then."

Judith nods.

Kinaed nods at Rothgar.

Janus nods at Rothgar.

Nadya nods at Rothgar.

Janus nods at Nadya.

Simeon nods at Rothgar.

Sauvaige nods at Sauvaige

Lorrent nods.

Lorrent states to Sauvaige, "Nice spoof noob"

Yilaina giggles at sauvaige

Nadya moans.

Taunya sits down and grabs popcorn.

Simeon says to Sauvaige, "Like you never even played kid, focus up."

Yilaina sits on Taunya's lap and steals popcorn.

Empena states, "Yes, I have brought it up, I've brought it up during these meetings and in various other ways. And I think that factor has created an atmosphere that contributed to many things. Further, for all of the discussion on the discomfort on mentioning active RP, it has been done so, including by yourself mentioning these "previous issues" and the use of the Cardinal to others who were not involved over pboards. I think the idea of using NPCs and staff to handle things became a very active aspect in how things have progressed for some time."

Kinaed claims, "I believe the players who brought things to staff brought things to you first, ICly. The failure of that route to get them a resolution brought them to escalate to staff."

Kinaed states, "It took multiple escalations before staff felt the IC situation warranted the current IC outcome."

Bofaha trails off, "Some of the issues cannot really be brought icly too..."

Cerise asks, "I'm wondering how many people have a clue of the background of that story. Can we have a hint about that?"

Empena says, "So for the record, how long are people given to handle things ICly before approaching staff is appropriate? If it's a story wrap up there's a set time line."

Yilaina nods.

Yilaina trails off, "Yeah cause I'm all sorts of confused..."

Temi states, "At least five different people have gone to the NPCs about all of the different things taken into account here."

Elle states, "I don't think having a specific amount of time is really a good thing, each situation is different. Each person is different, some people you can work with and others you cannot and need staff to intervene sooner than later."

Cerise queries, "Is that 5 different things, or 5 times the same thing?"

Temi claims, "Some the same, some different."

Empena says, "A lot of things have required specific times - cnotes, Pkills, wrap ups. Probably more things I'm not thinking of."

Kinaed says, "We don't have a 'time limit to let someone resolve issues' - we handle plots as they are submitted. Our first preference is to redirect them back into the pbase. IE, Bob writes a nasty letter to the Queen, she'll send the letter to the Seneschal, for example. This happened multiple times in this case, until eventually it was clear this is not the correct path of action for this case and the history implied that the NPC should not ignore it further."

Judith queries, "I am not sure what this is. Is this a complaint? A request? Constructive criticism? A PSA?"

Kinaed claims, "As mentioned previously, the players in question are not in trouble for any policy wrong doing."

Kinaed claims, "This is the result of IC situations. Which cannot be disclosed."

Cerise claims, "It's so confusing actually."

Yilaina claims, "Usually if someone is telling people multiple times something is wrong, it is."

Yilaina trails off, "Ic, I mean. And yeah, it is kinda confusing..."

Kinaed claims to Cerise, "I know. Because if we say exactly what happened, we're telling everyone the underbelly of TI RP."

Empena states, "Assuming people are telling the truth"

Kinaed states to Empena, "We don't have any assumptions about how correct or incorrect the IC situation is, we can only react to it ICly from the point of view of the NPCs in question."

Lorrent questions, "Sooo what I'm gathering is that multiple people ICly got in contact with the Cardinal or Synod about multiple or a few issues, repeatedly, and this was forwarded back to a player ICly? And eventually the NPC Cardinal took action because the players that were forwarded this information did not act upon it one way or the other?"

Janus says, "TL;DR Empena and Rothgar were ousted by their NPC archbishop. There is contention about it because it's been seen as players circumnavigating murdering or slandering them ICly. The staff response is that there was no other option, and this has been an ongoing thing across five separate players making reports to the archbishop. The topic started off with my complaint that there was no real event for the removal from office."

Temi claims, "Because the players came back again to the NPC again, rather than because they didn't handle it."

Judith trails off, "I thought it was the Cardinal..."

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "Cardinal, yes."

Janus claims to Lorrent, "I think that's the long and the short of it, yes."

Judith wonders, "Archbishop is an IC role still, right?"

Janus states, "Sorry, my mistake."

Temi states, "Yes, Archbishop is an IC clergy, but they would rank under GI."

Judith states, "Gotcha."

Empena claims, "It is, though there hasn't been one in over a year, to my understanding."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, so... I'm sure Rothgar's topic is related to this, but let's move to Rothgar?"

Nadya queries, "So, Empena, do you feel as though the topic you brought up was answered, or addressed properly?"

Nadya states, "Right. Sorry."

Empena says, "No, but then I haven't felt that about anything I've brought up in a very long time, so, it's fine."

Elle says, "I don't think that's fair, people are discussing the topic they just don't all agree."

Kinaed says to Elle, "She's upset right now, and naturally so given the situation."

Kinaed says, "But I do want to get on with the OOC Chat. Rothgar, you're up."

Rothgar says, "Mm. Thank you to Empena and Janus for breaking the proverbial seal. Wall of text incoming."

Milo wonders, "There's a lot of confusion, but It's because we don't know all the things IC that went on, on top of that, it seems that there are multiple issues being brought up. So, I suppose I can't really comment on it other than it's hard to see what should be handled by what. These particular characters are so powerful, theme wise, that where else do you go when you have a complaint?"

Rothgar states, "My concern starts a few months ago. I absolutely won't call out the characters involved, that's not what I'm here to address. Suffice to say, there was a scene with the Queen, concerning her marriage : something I'm lead to believe was the purview of the Holy Order. The Holy Order was never contacted. The Holy Order was never let to follow up on it. The Holy Order was never given a chance to get into the RP. That's absolutely fine - I didn't comment, then, because that was the choice of the Queen. Not my choice, not my concern."

Rothgar says, "Fast-forward a couple of months. Another scene. Concerning the Cardinal, this time, and punishment of a character based on my actions. Curiously enough, I was never IC'ly or OOC'ly contacted. I still haven't been, even after complaining about it. I don't feel as though I will be. This was frustrating - infuriating, even. But I figured it was simply oversight, maybe something to engage the single player involved, even though it involved the threat of excommunication : something that, I remind players, we're not allowed to do without imm approval. It's not a command of the Order, not something that we treat lightly. But it was threatened, and - again, for the record - even though the plot was about me, I was never once contacted about it, nor ever offered to have RP about it."

Rothgar claims, "And now, our most recent case. I'm confident that everyone here has seen it. And yet, there's still no call for RP. I have no pboards. I have one mail : give in your keys, you're fired. There was no RP for any other characters that I'm aware of. So, I ask you : will I be given a chance to RP about this? Ever? Will I ever get a pboard about this? Will I be included in a plot, finally, that includes me? Or will I simply be let to the wayside, yet again? And, more hilariously : give my keys to -whom?- Who's -left?-"

Rothgar says, "And, another, additional concern : if one can simply RPA getting someone out of office, why even have the Seneschal role? In fact, why even play a GL role? I simply assumed, based on the response of the imms on the forums, that gambiting a position would be full of RP, enriching and infuriating as it might be. But here I am - not gambitted out of my role, no. Simply removed. No RP, no boards, no IC discussion, nothing. People are -uncomfortable- RP'ing about it, IC'ly, because they don't understand it. And, honestly, I don't even think there will be an attempt at RP - I've got absolutely no reason to believe that there will be. No reason to give an iota of faith to the idea that this will be treated fairly. Or treated at all."

Rothgar queries, "So there it is. I'm not gonna comment on my other suspicions. TL;DR : Where is my RP? Should I expect any from the Bishop, or simply accept that I have literally no IC counter against what's happened - yet again - and my subsequent uncounterable Imm de-guilding?"

Temi states, "I'm sorry I didn't include you guys on the royal wedding. I should have done so, but didn't for timing concerns and my difficulties in coordinating people."

Margaux states to Rothgar, "Re Queen marriage plot - The nature of that plot, if you wanted to get involved, you had to reach out and get yourself involved."

Desna states to Rothgar, "I've had a lot of RP go on about me, around me, that I wasn't invited into or even privy to. I'm not understanding."

Margaux claims, "It didn't knock on anyone's door."

Bofaha claims, "But that is how most plots work when undetected, you suddenly find yourself on the receiving end of it. It sucks but that is how TI undebelly works"

Kinaed says, "Where NPCs are involved, there's likely to be low face-to-face interaction. In part this is due to staff resourcing, in part this is due to the fact that all of those heavy hitters aren't hanging out in Lithmore."

Temi says, "As for plots, it's up to people to include you if they are telling you about it. Being discussed in them doesn't not necessarily guarantee that you will be on the receiving list."

Kinaed says, "I'm certain that there's plenty of RP to be had, even if you feel that you should have been involved with other things that you were not.

Rothgar states, "The Queen's plot is, at worst, an irritation. This current plot doesn't irritate me - it scares me. Because I've had to peice together what's happened OOC'ly via OOC meetings."

Rothgar says, "I've found out in the last ten minutes that, apparently, I've been doing something terribly wrong for months."

Temi says, "You should have received a personal mail and seen the same announcements as everyone else."

Rothgar questions, "None of this is the point, however. Should i expect further RP, or no?"

Bofaha states, "You can go and rp about it, raise people to protest the cardinal, demand reinstatement"

Steven says, "For the most part my involvement in the rp side of the current issue for you Rothgar has mostly just been IRL conflict on availability to, but the secular side is still very open to communication if you want rp on it."

Temi says, "We certainly hope there will be further RP and that you will be included in it. We're not planning to run staff scenes for it, if we can help it."

Bofaha states, "Just off the top of my head"

Desna nods at Bofaha.

Nadya questions, "... But isn't that the point of a gambit, Bofaha?"

Rothgar says, "I want to speak, directly, with the Cardinal. Is that possible, or no"

Kinaed claims, "With the Cardinal, no one should expect an audience, though you can raise a plot like anyone else to send him a letter or seek further information from any NPC. In terms of whom to send your keys to, I believe the letter said the next GI or a member of the Order."

Judith wonders, "Why wouldn't you try to piece together what happened ICly?"

Bofaha states, "But this wasn't a gambit, this was expulsion, not just removal as GL"

Janus says, "I should add that even if the NPC themself doesn't come to bear, their servants could."

Margaux claims, "Staff don't play NPCs outside of staff run plots. Interacting with NPCs is through plots and RPAs"

Margaux states, "Same for everyone."

Nyna trails off, "Thats what Im thinking, just go RP about, do an investigation, plot with Empena on how to undo it, write the Cardinal yourself, go get it...the RP is there"

Desna claims to Rothgar, "Write him/her."

Rothgar says, "Alright, then. My question is sufficiently answered, thank you."

Desna nods at Nyna.

Whisper

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Kinaed says to Cerise, "Okay, you're up."

Milo states, "I really don't see these character's ruined in any sense of the word, I mean a situation like this really makes RP for the whole game. I don't think the characters are ruined at all."

Empena claims, "I was told earlier I should not or could not seek to plot about it."

Margaux asks of Empena, "Who told you that?"

Bofaha declaims to Milo, "Yep! Just because it's negative and turns your ic life to shit doesn't mean it makes bad rp"

Cerise states, "While I can't comment on a case to case basis, on a more general note, I would say that feeling that RP is passing through one character without giving him a chance to RP around it is not uncommon. I mean, I felt it several time yet as a consequence of the extreme difference of power people have in Lithmorre."

Janus states to Bofaha, "...There was no RP."

Temi states, "Oh, Empena, I'm sorry, that's not what I meant at all."

Bofaha pontificates to Janus, "Then go and make it! It's an action that happened, now it's time to rp"

Kinaed claims to Janus, "On the contrary, there has been a lot of RP. Just not a face to face meeting with a staff member, which we don't do."

Nadya says, "The point is that there's existing things to make this a public affair."

Temi states, "You can certainly plot about it, but we're not planning to bring the Cardinal in to officiate over the situation or lead scenes."

Janus asks, "Potentially, could someone run an ST to make the players feel complete?"

Temi says, "We're hoping to direct it into player decisions about the outcomes."

Simeon states, "There's far too much vagueness for any opinions to be worth any merit right now. In my opinion the facts should be disclosed, fully, to everyone involved in the incident. If the players cannot be trusted to not use OOC information ICly, then frankly they can't be expected to wipe themselves after using the bathroom."

Kinaed claims to Janus, "I think that'd be inappropriate because it's about providing a player something."

Bofaha states to Simeon, "As kinnky said, this would expose many secrets of amny players"

Janus muses to Kinaed, "What if that ST was literally just the holy order escorting them both from their office?"

Bofaha trails off, "Aka... not good"

Steven states, "Tbh, I think the ultimate results over the current happenings will end up in the next GI's hands with whatever they have provided to them."

Simeon wonders, "And? Are we children? Can we not simply tell an interesting story together without having everything wrapped in darkness?"

Desna queries to Simeon, "What are you saying?"

Kinaed says to Simeon, "I agree with you in one sense, but that's not how it works here. TI's culture has always been about mystery and paranoia. Codewise, theoretically, we oculd tell everyone who all the mages are, and legtimately it should make no difference at all because the info cannot be used ICly - but that's not how TI approaches things."

Janus says to Simeon, "That's difficult. While I trust most of the players here with OOC information, it does inflict on IC choices."

Milo says, "I think that exposing people's RP at this time would effect the outcomes of the RP. "

Bofaha queries to Simeon, "Would you be okay with sharing secrets of your characters with some group of players, just ebcause they should know better than to use it?"

Steven claims, "Honestly, itd be boring if we all knew everything."

Elle nods.

Nadya claims, "However, what Simeon is saying, and this is something pretty important."

Bofaha says to Steven, "That too"

Desna nods at Steven.

Janus states, "As the Rubeus Manus, I try not to ask anything OOCly about the plots against us. It makes things very difficult to play."

Judith questions, "Can also probe other characters for information ICly via RP. I still don't know why that's being treated as not an option. Are the PCs who escalated to the Cardinal all dead or something? >_>"

Simeon says to Bofaha, "Yes, because if I can't trust them to make things more interesting, they aren't worth playing with in the first place."

Milo states, "That's your opinion, but I wouldn't want my IC situations to be brought up just because people are confused."

Temi claims, "For some people, part of the fun is the surprise. For some people, that's not the case, but we'd like to honor that first group's fun."

Lorrent states, "Uh, please don't tell me stuff I shouldn't know ICly until it doesn't affect me and I can't affect other things with it. I don't need that responsibility. And I sure as hell don't want to have to not do something ICly because I have to be extra careful about it since I know about it OOCly."

Lorrent says, "... my two cents there."

Desna states to Simeon, "Trust me, I don't want you telling me your secrets. It ruins the suspense."

Janus nods at Lorrent.

Elle nods with Lorrent.

Judith claims, "I don't want to know any IC info either."

Bofaha states, "What Lorrent said. Just knowing of someone is or isn't a mage, even if you can't act it, just ruins it"

Nadya says, "The fact of the matter is, a vast majority of us, in general, are talking from the outside in. No opinions can really be formed, because the vagueness of what's being put on the table is very shaky. We have the people involved being commented on by people who have no context."

Judith covers eyes, ears. All the things.

Steven hides is Justiciar serial killing dagger.

Milo claims, "I'm agreed with Lorrents. Things are really bad sometimes, but knowing means that I may just out of reflex try and change things for me later."

Bofaha trails off to Steven, "Not another one... :P"

Milo muses, "Er, Lorrent? "

Nadya claims, "I believe that was what Simeon was getting at."

Janus claims, "...let's not drift off topic here. I think what Empena and Rothgar are asking for is closure."

Sauvaige muses, "So basically what's been said is, staff have removed Empena and Rothgar and left it for the GI(?) to sort out?"

Yilaina covers her entire body in clear wraping paper.

Temi nods at Sauvaige.

Bofaha states, "Gi and justicar"

Steven claims, "As far as Order stuff is concerned."

Judith says, "I think they're gonna have to make an effort to find their closure and shouldn't just wait for it to come to them."

Nyna nods at Judith.

Bofaha pontificates, "But it's not over yet!"

Bofaha queries, "So what closure?"

Desna nods at Bofaha.

Judith claims, "It's not over yet."

Milo says, "It's a bit blunt but Judith is correct in my opinion."

Sauvaige states, "I don't think there was any intention to just wait for it, Judith. The whole point of this is trying to get it. "

Bofaha claims, "End is when your PC dies, not when something bad happens"

Simeon says, "I think if they've spent years performing extremely thankless posts that require a lot of OOC skill that they shouldn't be ousted because some people sent angry letters."

Janus says, "Seconded."

Simeon claims, "If it's more than that, then we haven't been given enough information to comment."

[RPXP Gain: none] [HP:perfect MV:fresh P:walk] (Diremote)

Rothgar says, "Thirded."

Kinaed claims, "This is a non-consensual game. I am not happy to be held accountable to assuage feelings about RP that if people just got on with accepting their IC reality, would bring plenty of closure. People get murdered on TI - hell, we had two people die this week, and we don't spend an hour of people's OOC time debating the merit of how those people are feeling."

Judith claims, "IC choices have IC consequences."

Desna nods at Kinaed.

Elle nods with Judith.

Yilaina nods?

Steven claims, "I think its a case of feeling slighted and negative feelings. Which is perfectly understandable when stuff like this happens. It's a rather unavoidable and very human reaction."

Kinaed claims, "Staff are not going to run a plot for this. This storyline isn't over and can still be played with PCs."

Rothgar states, "I would like a trans out, unless I was required to stay."

Bofaha trails off, "Kinaed dead people don't feel... unless there is a mager around"

Rothgar has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Arkenn says, "It's never the end until you take a dagger to the heart or a flame to the soul. But even then... if you've done your job there's a hell of a lot of RP left to have in the aftermath, potentially in your future characters."

Temi claims, "It is more than that, and you may be right that you haven't been given enough information to comment. This should probably result in us not commenting further now, rather than providing more information."

Judith nods at Steven.

Kinaed queries, "Did we ever get to Cerise's topic?"

Yilaina states, "I don't think so."

Janus claims, "I don't think so"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Cerise, please raise your topic?"

Yilaina claims, "Get out of my head janus"

Judith claims, "I'm sure Vicannia's player didn't like having their character pyred, either, but hey -- that's the name of the game. It's non-consensual."

Nadya yells, "Simeon Whoever you are, I agree with you. This... Feels hollow."

Steven claims, "Oh hey dat who list today."

Calanthe declaims, "It's quick!"

Calanthe states, "I'd like to solicit ideas for the Troubadours. I have a lot of my own ideas, and I'm campaigning IC as well, but in case your character doesn't share your opinion, I'd be very grateful for your feedback. Send me a tell anytime, or a personal note. I'm looking for thoughts on events you'd like to see, what you think works or doesn't work, and so on. Anything that could help keep us interesting and contributing positively to the game. That's all! Thank you."

Milo exclaims, "Join the troubadours!"

Milo grins at Calanthe.

Judith states, "Sounds like folks have some grievances to air, and that's understandable, but I need to scoot for a few before the IC event."

Calanthe nods in agreement with Milo.

Bofaha claims to Calanthe, "You bring the booze, hillman will bring ideas"

Judith declaims to Calanthe, "Yay!"

Arkenn declaims, "I'm trying to do too many things at once!"

Azarial says, "As a quick psa, if youa re having problems with the code, please post exact strings, with colour codes if possible."

Kinaed nods at Judith.

Kinaed muses to Judith, "Want a trans?"

Judith nods at Kinaed.

Yilaina totally forgot about IC evnet.

Arkenn questions, "There's an IC event?"

Nadya questions, "Did we pass Norrig's topic?"

Margaux claims, "Calanthe, drop me a tell some time? I have lots of ideas. :) (and have GLed troubs before)"

Dorian just keeps scribing.

Yilaina claims, "Uh huh"

Arkenn states, "I got one without realizing that it was OOC Chat day"

Calanthe states to Margaux, "Absolutely! And thank you."

Kinaed smiles.

Namaka says, "Lady Marisa's daughter's en passant. IC_Events #55 :)"

Taunya queries to Azarial, "Would emailing the raw log be preferable to re-coloring stuff into a bug board note?"

Nadya exclaims, "Pardon!"

Bofaha claims to Taunya, "I use pastebin links"

Arkenn states, "Ah."

Nadya exclaims, "I still have Norrig's topic!"

Janus says, "I write it on human skin"

Kinaed claims, "I don't have any troub ideas offhand."

Yilaina shrieks

Cerise states, "Norrig left a while ago."

Nadya says, "He asked me to post for him, Cerise."

Janus claims, "I'd like to see performances and plays"

Arkenn says, "Um... More Coffee for the non-alcoholic Troubadours."

Cerise states, "Ah allright."

Janus states, "I think the troubs have scripts to act from"

Arkenn claims, "There's an idea for ya."

Norrig declares, "I'm back, and full of endorphines!"

Yilaina reaches for brandy

Namaka declaims, "Agreed! I go to a few auditions but those are the only uses of the theatre I see"

Bofaha asks of Arkenn, "What Troubadours?"

Kinaed muses, "Oh, I think a troub performing gives people in the room an RPXP boost if I recall?"

Steven states, "Uh oh Norrig returns."

Kinaed headscratches.

Janus claims, "It does, yes"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, performances will probably be very welcome."

Arkenn claims, "I think so."

Milo pontificates, "I can also help I've played a couple of them and am a performing arts major RL!"

Bofaha wonders, "When did we have last play in theatre?"

Yilaina huggles Nor... rig?

Taunya declares to Calanthe, "Hope to see more bard in various events! I think that's more on the organizers for not involving the guild though"

Kinaed queries to Calanthe, "I am so sorry, do you mind if I let you have an out-of-ooc chat powwow with those players who have offered to help and let us move on?"

Calanthe states, "I wasn't expecting to use OOC time for it! That's why I suggested tells, sorry I didn't make that clearer."

Milo says, "I would be very willing to stay after if you'd like to talk with me."

Kinaed says, "No worries :) And the OOC Chat is freeform, you're welcome to bring anything here."

Kinaed claims, "We're just run way over time."

Bofaha brings in a dead oppossum

Calanthe states, "I don't want to keep people from the IC event, but I'd love to talk soon."

Nadya exclaims, "Hey, uh!"

Milo states, "Sure! shoot me a tell."

Nadya pontificates, "Heyo!"

Steven wonders, "Norrig our last?"

Nadya pontificates, "I'll post it real quick!"

Norrig asks, "Did my first go through Nadya?"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, Nadya/Norrig. You're up. Since Norrig is back, will it be Norrig? Or Nadya, do you have it typed out already?"

Yilaina fangirls over Calanthe, because she has the bestest clothes.

Azarial says, "Logs are logs; I cannot find the offending code wihtout logs."

Norrig clears his throat and says quietly, golden eyes barraging everyone: "I would like to point out how much WHERERP is disabled normally. I have spent the past couple weeks trying to find public rp, and having less than 10% of the online characters available, and even then, most behind locked doors. Just something that I'd like to point out. Someone told me to send tells, but for several reasons that sometimes isn't an option. Like if you're a newbie or don't know the characters available." Nadya relays. [Nadya]

Norrig states to Nadya, "Let's fuse, DBZ style"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, Norrig is the last on our list since Elle already went."

Kinaed nods at Nadya.

Elle states, "I did not go but ironically that's the same thing I wanted to raise, even better."

Kinaed nods at Norrig.

Norrig cracks his knuckles and adds: "Aside from that, I was wondering if it's normal for Ahalin imprisonment to take this long. We all know what char I'm thinking of." Nadya relays. [Nadya]

Yilaina says she's usually where people can find her

Bofaha claims to Norrig, "You can absolutely send tells to people you don't know. Unless they have something in whois against it, it will be welcome"

Steven claims, "Wot."

Margaux doesn't know which character.. how long have they been in prison?

Namaka muses, "I don't think anyone would be mad at someone shooting them a "Hey, want to RP?" tell, even if they're busy :)"

Desna says to Norrig, "You could pboard them too and setup RP Dates."

Yilaina says, "Oh lord."

Norrig wonders to Margaux, "Three weeks?"

Margaux claims to Norrig, "Too long."

Steven says, "If its the character I think, weve been trying to work something out with her."

Yilaina has rp telled someone when she saw them online.

Elle says, "If you are feeling really daring, send a messenger to all and start something, or just turn on RP."

Nadya states, "Some people have been pretty mad at me for sending them tells for RP."

Yilaina trails off, "Yeah... I was wondering about that, too"

Bofaha says to Norrig, "And people simply have a lot of personal rp going on, but dropping tells in the slower timezones will net rp usually"

Yilaina states, "Nadya send me a tell any time."

Desna declaims to Nadya, "It's a matter of preference. Some people are suseptible, some are not. But hey, you at least thought of them! <3"

Temi says, "If people would not like tells arranging RP, it might be ideal to include that in whois. I don't think in general it's frowned upon. Feel free to let people know you don't prefer to do things that way, though."

Elle states, "Is it appropriate for people to ask for RP on the OOC channel or no? Maybe that's a way too. I have noticed when I turn RP on in a public place, people flock, so people are looking."

Steven states, "And quite frankly, its her lack of being around for folks that has been the problem."

Temi nods at Elle.

Milo states, "I am definitely always open for tells and rp. And do a lot of my rp with that sort of scheduling"

Norrig nods at Steven.

Arkenn states, "As a side note Norrig. One of the easiest places to draw RP to yourself is by going to a Tavern and leaving your WHERERP turned on."

Norrig states to Steven, "Please don't take it as a critique. I am just curious."

Taunya says, "I appreciate tells, since I'm in a funny timezone"

Elle states, "I've seen people use their WHO title too, which is a great way."

Nadya claims, "I need to make this joke, I'm sorry."

Bofaha finishes abruptly, "Same! if you see bofaha online, do not fret to drop a tell. If i am not busy elsehwere - I will rp with you"

Yilaina grins.

Milo claims, "I used to go where people flock, but lately not many people show up in public areas."

Nadya says, "-DESNUTS="

Norrig states to Arkenn, "I'm a tavern barkeep with RP on 24/7."

Nadya claims, "GOT EM"

Arkenn says, "Then stock better booze... and better Coffee."

Nadya says, "You're also southside most of the time, famito."

Nyna states to Norrig, "But in southside, you cut off half the pbase"

Bofaha states, "More than half"

Desna nods at Nyna.

Steven claims, "Well, length of time in Ahalin is really directly correlated to just when folks align rpwise."

Bofaha says, "Come north :P"

Janus queries, "Oooh. That's a point. If we want to draw attention to a speech or... say... a crack of thunder, is that a messenger? A note on the OOC channel?"

Norrig says, "I don't."

Norrig states, "Other people do >.>"

Namaka says, "Southside is not exactly the same, Norrig. There are a lot of people who can't step foot there with out risk of death."

Kinaed claims, "I don't mind people asking for RP, so long as they're not calling in friends to save their butts."

Margaux says, "I can't go there and I don't play alts."

Bofaha says, "Even many of freemen cannot go there for IC reasons"

Azarial claims, "It is still possible to go southside. you jsut have to eb careful. and if you pay attention, you don;t die."

Margaux says, "Generally."

Kinaed claims, "But 'hey, anyone interested in RP? If yes, I'll send a messenger' is fine by me. OOCly."

Nadya states to Desna, "You didn't react to my pun out of your name."

Bofaha nods at Kinaed.

Norrig wonders, "I wanted to point out that maybe 75% of the char base is cut off SS, too. Is that working as intended?"

Desna states to Nadya, "Oh sorry, I didn't even notice."

Milo states, "I did have a question about that."

Temi says, "Causing trouble should probably be done off OOC channels, too."

Namaka says to Azarial, "Yes, of course. But these sorts of people aren't just going to roll up at the Horse for an ale"

Elle muses, "There are a lot of uses for messengers, you can use it to spread information, or announce free drinks at a tavern or other ways to forward RP and engage the player base so long as it's appropriate and thematic I think it's an avenue to explore, perhaps?"

Arkenn states, "Kinky, a lot of people have their OOC turned off unless you mean a messenger."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Bofaha asks, "I mean, sure, could avoid the npc and PC killers, but why would I do that to go for a pint in tavern?"

Kinaed nods at Arkenn.

Margaux says to Norrig, "Absolutely as intended."

Arkenn says, "The other night there was 19 people online, 6 were in OOC and 3 were in whererp"

Norrig nods.

Margaux states to Norrig, "It is a safe space for shady sorts."

Nyna states, "My main would never just hang out in the tavern in southside"

Milo muses, "My character is technically a member of the gentry class, but his story would see him going southside if permitted. Am I codedly able to get attacked or is that just knights and reeves?"

Kinaed claims, "Just shooting a messenger is fine by me also. Or a town crier."

Arkenn says, "And 3 of the people in OOC were staff"

Kinaed says, "As for southside - there are numerous ways to get into southside if you're not supposed to be there."

Elle claims, "There are ways to get into southside."

Norrig states to Margaux, "Got it. Thanks :"

Bofaha states to Milo, "Gentry/nobles get attacked"

Kinaed states, "It's risky though."

Yilaina states, "My main can't"

Margaux says, "Bear and the boar would be a low class but not shady bar to work at if you want to try somewhere more easy to get to."

Yilaina says, "Gentry."

Milo states, "Okay. Just wondering if there was a distinction between freeman and gentry."

Nyna says, "And for yah, idle RP, the Queen's is just easier"

Nadya says, "It's risky-- And utterly pointles if you're just wanting a pint."

Elle claims, "Anyone can get into southside, it's just the risk you want to take to do it."

Nadya says, "There needs to be a greater draw."

Nadya trails off, "Like..."

Nadya states, "Hookers, or illegal drugs."

Norrig asks of Kinaed, "Thoughts on few people using whererp?"

Bofaha says, "And other fun services to be found in backalleys"

Milo chuckles at Bofaha

Arkenn claims, "Nadya there's plenty of hookers and illegal drugs."

Yilaina says, "Well if people know where to look for me, I usually have whererp on all the time, unless I am in three windows and need to concentrate."

Bofaha states to Milo, "That too"

Arkenn states, "Just not enough people doing them."

Milo claims, "I was going to say I play a hooker, it's just people honestly don't want the risk of orderite reprocussions."

Nadya says, "That's southside in general. It's like taking an atom of butter and spreading it thin."

Nadya states, "You have to make the -establishment- stick out."

Arkenn claims, "It does stick out... It's called the Dolphin."

Steven says, "Im glad hookers arent illegal."

Arkenn claims, "It's kinda... like... There."

Desna laughs.

Yilaina says, "I was gonna be mean and say put a big cross on it that states, for 20 silver, you too will be saved. Ignore the red lantern."

Milo states, "There's a lot of people definitely filling those roles, it's just whether people want that for their RP or not imo."

Desna nods at Milo.

Arkenn states, "You can say the name "Slippery Dolphin" and you will get all kinds of sideways stares from people because "Hey, you aren't being a good davite if you go there.""

Nadya states, "However, he wants ways to encourage people to go to a pub in southside that provides neither drugs nor hookers. I'm just saying-- There would need to be more of a draw, to get northsiders to go down and risk their lives."

Taunya says, "Amusingly, the big southside brothel is right next to a chapel. on stop shop."

Yilaina snorts

Milo claims, "THere is one big den of sin in southside."

Desna wonders to Norrig, "Run an event for the establishment?"

Norrig nods at Nadya thoughtfully.

Yilaina says, "That is kinda helarious."

Bofaha pontificates to Taunya, "Do your time after the crime!"

Arkenn claims, "It's made that way on purpose."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, I sort of got distracted with tells and things. We've talked about all topics."

Milo states, "Ready for you. Join us, and hopefully not get pox."

Steven says, "Forgive me father for I just sinned."

Arkenn exclaims, "What Bofa said! :D"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have any last minute or parting thoughts or ideas before we wrap up?"

Norrig says to Desna, "Working on it ;)"

Arkenn claims, "Father: It's ok my child, I did too."

Desna smiles at Norrig.

Yilaina queries, "Where did you sin, my child?"

Nyna says to Kinaed, "Bless you for your patience"

Calanthe exclaims, "The IC event is open to everyone according to the board note!"

Dorian states, "Guys. I will need to eat before the event...we must finish soon. :P"

Nadya THROWS POCKET SAND FLASH BOMB! --You can see their frantic running far before the smokescreen runs out.

Norrig states to Kinaed, "I was asking for your opinion on little whererp."

Nadya begins to descend.

Bofaha muses to Kinaed, "I got sucking up to staff as parting words, acceptable?"

Yilaina states, "Oh who did you sin with father? The sister in th enext room."

Lorrent is idle.

Nadya leaves down, walking smoothly and quietly.

Janus claims, "Just that I appreciate being able to bring the topic up and for us to talk about it. I feel much better for it."

Kinaed wonders to Norrig, "I didn't see it. Can we discuss in tells after since there's an event we're holding up?"

Desna waves.

Milo waves.

Norrig says, "Sure. No biggie :)"

Milo declares, "To cal Send me tells!"

Calanthe states, "So for those who might struggle finding RP with people outside of their usual circles, it's probably a good time to make some new RP hooks and relationships."

Yilaina waves.

Kinaed claims to Janus, "That's why we have the OOC Chats. I know they can be painful, but we want to give people the opportunity to discuss things that matter to them, even if they don't get the answers they want."

Norrig is lagging hard.

Dorian says, "Also I have never hated prompts as much as I do now *EDITS FRANTICLY*"

Yilaina claims, "Can't help it."

Steven claims, "Btw, anonymous board is awesome"

Arkenn wonders, "Does being a Cyan count as an RP hook?"

Desna has left the game.

Bofaha says to Dorian, "prompt alone"

Norrig claims, "Turn them off with prompt"

Yilaina is a bad witch and is so sinful it hurts... somewhere in her own head.

Kinaed says, "Okay, guys - I think I have to put you back. Also, please note that some people are looking for RP - maybe those of you looking for RP can hook up with one another."

Norrig purrs at Yilaina.

Milo tells you, "Er, by itself."

Kinaed claims, "Otherwise, I'll chat with Norrig in tells about the whereRP idea."

Yilaina coos at Norrig.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you so much for coming and your patience, folks."

Bofaha pontificates, "And tells don't hurt, just check whois before!"

Kinaed waves happily.

Taunya waves.

• Information