2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon May 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
Alessandro says to Onreon, "It's on you pretty boy you."

Eirian states, "I have a small announcement, for whenever."
Evani grins at Onreon.

Alessandro gives a flutter of a wink at Onreon.
Kinaed questions to Eirian, "Thanks. Please pre-write it for when you're called on? :)"

Eirian claims, "Always."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else? :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll take the silence for a no, and jump right into Staff Updates."

Empena states, "I have something, though it might be something better talked about after."

Kinaed says to Empena, "Whichever you prefer. Let me know in a tell."

Zhar claims, "Oh, can I as well"

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I processed a few requests and handled a policy case or two."

Merick exclaims, "I got nothin'!"
Kinaed says to Zhar, "Please pre-type your topic so you're ready to go when called upon."
Zhar places his right fist over his heart in salute.

Zhar declaims, "Aye, ma'am!"

Kinaed states, "I still have Jail Automation on my desk. :)"

Bofaha wonders, "Jail automation?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's it for Kinaed. Azarial? You're up."

Azarial claims, "Umm. byugs, crash bugs, most of the rest of assets."
Kinaed claims to Bofaha, "Automated messages when people are thrown in jail with Jail Policies and alerts when people have been in jail long enough that staff will release them, etc."
Bofaha exclaims to Kinaed, "Ah, awesome!"

Onreon questions, "Oh, that's a thing now?"

Alessandro wonders, "We's got assets?"
Kinaed says to Azarial, "Sounds good. Checking the Change Board to see if there's anything worth mentioning."

Evani queries, "Assets?"

Onreon wonders, "Is the policy still one OOC week before you can roll to escape?"
Kinaed states to Onreon, "Not yet, because I've been lazy/busy, but it's definitely planned."

Empena asks, "Can I ask a question on jail automation as it's well ... something sort of on the plate at the moment?"

Temi states, "Escapes need to be initiated from the outside."
Kinaed claims to Empena, "Sure can."

Kinaed trails off, "Anyone who hasn't seen the Assets spec and wants to..."

Temi claims, "And I've got some more asset-stuff on my desk, but just about have the code ready to finish them up, I think. They aren't released yet to players."

Kinaed points at the Assets spec on the ground.

Onreon asks, "Well, I mean, if you get forgotten in the pit. From that point of perspective, wouldn't it be possible for a mage to have wiggled out of wire and magicked themselves a way out?"
Merick puts a thick book labeled 'Erra Pater' in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Merick coughs

Kinaed claims to Onreon, "No, the whole Ahalin and whatnot is anti-magic."

Karim says to Onreon, "At the moment, I don't know of anyone that the church is neglecting in the pit."

Karim claims, "So it's kind've a moot point currently"
Kinaed nods at Karim.

Bofaha states, "It does happen though"

Onreon says, "I'm just speaking from experience. I've been stuck in the pit for upwards of like two weeks at one point in time."

Evani states, "Okay scarry"

Temi claims, "With the automation spec, there will be things like folks getting released if they don't get handled"

Merick sits down on the ground.

Onreon says, "I eventually just rolled to drown him when the city flooded."
Merick stands up.

Empena states, "Is there going to be a way for folks who put people in jail to interact with that system? IE - if they have indeed been in jail that long but aren't RPing with captors not that they are indeed, being ignored."

Kinaed says, "We currently have policies around release, but the reason we want jail automation in is that we can measure the time someone has been in jail hanging out with and without RP, for example, then post a note on the Personal Board alerting both player, Order, and Staff when thresholds are met."

Merick claims to Onreon, "Harsh."
Kinaed claims to Empena, "We want one, but we need to program it."
Onreon nods at Kinaed.

Niamh trails off, "There's a way of communicating with prisoners from the outside right now..."

Temi states, "The system is what Kin is working on designing."
Kinaed pontificates to Niamh, "Oh yeah, I forgot you completed that!"
Niamh grins.

Temi states, "It needs to be balanced."

Onreon says, "Oh sweet jesus this has loads of potential"

Empena furrows her brows slightly.

Eirian muses, "A way for the public to communicate with prisoners, or...?"
Niamh nods at Eirian.

Alessandro claims, "Oh my. Stock market like almost. Yes, oh god yes."

Onreon questions, "This new system, will it be like that one throne race where you had a limited amount of assets to spread out and attempt to make money?"

Evani reads

Onreon wonders, "And/or favours?"

Alessandro hugs the spec lovingly.

Kinaed claims to Onreon, "I'm not familiar with the one throne race to understand the concept. Basically, all players start with an asset, so it's limited by the number of players in game as a starting point."
Onreon nods.

Evani says, "I like it"

Kinaed claims, "Players can sell their assets or buy new ones off a default asset market. Players can have more than one, depending on their social class."

Onreon says, "At some point you could extrapolate this to shops. Even NPC shops, to regulate the flow of goods."

Kinaed says, "Basically, it's like getting your income now, if slightly more variable and just describing where it comes from rather than an ambiguous class income."

Bofaha claims, "Highly awesome"

Temi says, "We're excited about it, and it helps you to define where your money is coming from in a more rp-friendly way."
Evani nods.

Kinaed claims, "It also lets us affect people's income with metrics and start towards the personal monthly metric quests (ie, get piety under 50 and get a bonus, for example)"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Onreon states, "Ooooh. It's that. God you've been working on this for what feels like years now."
Kinaed nods at Onreon.

Alessandro says, "This is coool."

Onreon muses, "You could even set goals to gain a certain asset, I assume?"

Kinaed claims, "Roles also."

Evani exclaims, "It is!"
Kinaed claims to Onreon, "Theoretically. We didn't think to do that, but we could."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so I odn't see anything on Changes that merits attention."

Azarial says, "Rare shop contents are already metriced"

Temi states, "There's a lot of room for the system to expand, but we're starting at a relatively simple level."
Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Onreon asks, "I assume this works like the newer learn system with the amount of slots you're able to have?"

Onreon claims, "Oop."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Caterina says, "Is piety still a thing? I'm just wondering because the helpfile says no. But I just saw the word piety pop up."
Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi claims, "I have been busy trying to get things set up for the Queen's wedding in a couple weeks."
Kinaed claims to Onreon, "Yes, your slots are limited by your social class."

Zhar muses, "Will domain incomes things be covered in assets?"
Kinaed smiles at Temi.
Niamh claims to Caterina, "Piety exists as a city metric."
Kinaed declaims to Temi, "I am so excited!"
Temi nods at Zhar.

Empena says, "Piety as a city metric is still a thing, Piety as a personal like ... coded level thing isn't."

Niamh says to Caterina, "But not as a stand-alone stat."

Taunya wonders, "Oh, from last week I was still waiting for an answer on the dusting in combat. does it use the throw skill iteself, or just the throw code?"
Azarial finishes her note.

Kinaed got to read the quest write up. You guys are gonna looooove it.

Temi claims, "We'll have some drama, some pageantry and some stuff for normal folks."

Zhar asks, "How will that be determined?"
Kinaed claims to Taunya, "Throw skill."

Azarial claims, "It will use improvised or throw, much like throwing does"

Alessandro starts to listen again.

Temi claims, "And I'll be gone next weekend, so trying to get that done before I go visiting for a few days."

Onreon muses, "Okay, I think I missed something. We were just talking about piety and you're saying it's base on the throw skill?"

Temi says, "Different topics."
Taunya queries to Azarial, "Oh, so it can use either? just whichever is higher?"

Evani listens.
Kinaed states to Onreon, "Taunya asked if dusting was using improvised, throw, or something else."

Temi questions, "Which we should probably wait additional topics for their own turn?"

Azarial claims, "It works like throwing does."

Onreon claims, "Oh."

Temi states, "But I'm done now."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed pontificates, "Yes, lets keep the questions, unless directly related to what a staff member is talking about, until Player Topics. Thanks!"

Kinaed claims, "You can send me a tell if you think of a question, and I'll add you to the list."
Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks, Temi :)"
Kinaed exclaims to Niamh, "You're up!"

Niamh declares, "This week I processed a bundle of evicted phomes and got them posted at the real estate office. I created the HELP METRICS DEFINITIONS helpfile by request at the last OOC meeting, and created HELP RETAINER TAXES at player request. The HELP TEXTMAP helpfile was added for those on screenreaders. Someone requested it awhile back, finally got it fully sorted! "

Niamh claims, "I also closed off the jobcreator areas; for the time being I'm looking at it as temporary, as while they need some revisions/tweaks for balance, I think we have some good ideas in mind to solve them. Annnd finally, got started on the last round of flavor mobs; the wilderness bandits are described and their mobprog layouts are nearly finished."

Niamh states, "And that's it for me."
Kinaed states to Niamh, "Thanks for that :)"
Niamh smiles.

Kinaed questions, "Any questions on anything there, guys?"

Alessandro states, "I'm a little confused on the job area things."

Alessandro says, "I don't know what it is probably."

Bofaha asks, "So metrics are now affecting actual in game things, not just RPA?"
Temi nods at Bofaha.

Bofaha declares, "Awesome!"
Kinaed claims to Alessandro, "We had an area open where players could go to earn money doing jobs. It was a bit broken, so it's closed for repair."

Alessandro declaims, "Oh!"

Empena states, "On the jobs? Only potentially if PC shopkeepers or GLs etc could offer jobs like that in some capacity."

Niamh states, "They already can through RP."

Onreon questions, "We talking like scaling income based on trade-skill tickets in certain areas for NPCs?"
Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "I think it was more like an automated quest to earn a bit of silver."
Margaux claims to Empena, "I'll be offering some jobs (menial and otherwise) out of the council as I get set up."

Niamh says, "The big issues we noticed were botting behaviors and excessive gains."
Onreon nods.

Temi states, "Hard labor for small silver returns things."
Niamh nods at Temi.
Kinaed nods at Niamh.
Empena nods at Margaux.

Merick rubs his chin.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, shall we continue? Player Heartbeat! How was RP this last week?"

Taunya pontificates, "I've been really busy IRL, and have been having some computer issues. But when I've been able to play, it's going great! Things are finally progressing for my characters, and I'm having a lot of fun. Also, three cheers for Caterina for taking up the cursed Grand Magnate position!"

Bofaha pontificates, "Based one my 1 encounter so far, pretty solid! :D"

Alessandro says, "Yeah I have kind of a little bafflement on the money earning stuff, but I'm probably being whiny That's probably for the uh, heartbeat section of the meeting."

Kinaed cheers for Caterina.

Onreon offers one of said cheers. Prim and proper and the like.

Caterina states, "RP has been awesome! No complaints here."

Evani claims, "I have been ejoying the game thus far."
Kinaed claims to Alessandro, "Do you need help with anything? Your income should be automatic on chargen."

Onreon states, "I've been off and on with the RP, and I apologize to the people I've had to run off mid-scene, but things should be better by mid-next-week."

Caterina states, "And thanks, guys :)"

Evani states, "And no complaints indeed."
Kinaed says to Alessandro, "It'll go to your bank account."

Zhar says, "It was great. I beat up the poor and the unfortunate."

Kinaed smiles at Nadya.
Niamh gives a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage to Nadya.

Margaux states, "RP has been good here."
Kinaed says to Zhar, "A man after my own heart."
Taunya states to Nadya, "We're in heartbeat now, if you want to tells us how things were this week"
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Alessandro states, "It's mostly just trying to make money as a merchant. I'm slowly getting there. But It's not bad, just not as fast as I'd like. I'm supposed to be a gentry but I feel, so so so poor. So I can't easily patron people like I feel mycharacter should or would be doing. Other than that. I'm fine. And I looooove Cat's work with the Merchants. I feel like I'm actually being one now."

Onreon says, "Frankly, I'm surprised that none of the knights or the order haven't brought up the whole 'flirting with everyone' thing I've had going on."
Merick grins at Onreon.

Onreon states, "If anyone wants to take me up on chastisement, i wouldn't be against this."
Kinaed nods at Alessandro.

Zhar questions, "This is the way things should be! Remind the poor why they're poor and the unfortunate why they're unfortunate. Now where did I leave those drugs?"

Caterina says, "Alessandro, if you have concerns with money, bring it up to me IC :)"

Nadya declares, "Crappling depression, but I'm mildly impressed with how things went these week!"

Empena states, "My RP has been pretty good this week. "

Kinaed comforts Nadya.

Evani claims, "I'm a gentry and I find I have more fun getting dirty, so to speak, not like that, but just... since Tubori it wouldn't really be a thing if she worked with her hands, which she does."

Azarial states, "Late, due to kittens in the OS, metrics have been affecting gameplay not long after emtrics came in"

Kinaed laughs softly, "I'm glad you're having fun."

Kinaed states, "It sounds like we had a great week overall. That's good news."

Kinaed asks, "Also, is anything shitting anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Margaux says, "The seneschal race seemed to run out of steam in the last few days- I do think it should be dropped to 7 (or 8?) days."

Taunya grins at Evani.
Evani grins at Taunya.

Onreon says, "I agree with Margaux."

Caterina states, "Yeah, I will agree that the Seneschal race seemed to drag and putter on a bit too long."

Zhar claims, "To be fair, I never even campaigned."

Azarial states, "It tends to vary. it has run right up to the end and could have used more, before"

Temi asks, "What is it at now?"

Azarial says, "Ten days to campaign"

Margaux says, "I think it is at 10 days plus nomination period."

Alessandro questions, "I suppose I just don't know what I can go to my guild for and what I can't. Like I'm like can I really help you purchase a shop and tack the Dul Emilansano name in fancy vavardi garish script over the door ifI can't pay for nothin'?"
Kinaed says to Margaux, "We already dropped it from 14 to 10, so I think we might sit with where it is. I think it lost momentum because it looked like we had a clear winner pretty early on, and nothing much seemed like it would shift."

Evani says, "You can always use xp for silver, though, don't forget that."
Zhar nods at Kinaed.

Temi wonders, "I think we discussed having a way to concede?"

Azarial claims, "You can wiothdraw"
Niamh says to Alessandro, "Don't hesitate to go to your guild for anything. Worst that can happen is you get some roleplay out of somebody saying "no.""
Kinaed claims to Temi, "That can happen right now just using withdraw."
Temi nods.

Zhar claims, "Plus I didn't have time to go around spouting 'imminent doom' due to shenanigans."

Caterina says, "XP for silver is how I live, yo. Get that mad RPXP. And yeah. Come to me IC, Alessandro. We'll chat."

Evani says, "Hahah"
Kinaed states to Alessandro, "I'd encourage you to talk to Caterina either ICly or OOCly. I don't really know what her preferred setup is."

Onreon exclaims, "I've been roleplaying public bard performances for silver!"

Empena muses, "Did we make a decision on lowering the turn over time on metrics if they are going to be more important to things like Assets?"

Temi says, "Yeah, if the competitor becomes sick of it, they can just do that."
Kinaed muses to Onreon, "It going well?"
Niamh declaims to Onreon, "Nice!"

Onreon states, "Quite well."

Eirian claims, "My ride is here, and I'm about to go AFK, so I'm gonna jump in with my announcement."

Alessandro bobbles his head a lot. "Yeah That's how I've been getting things accomplished right now xp to silver."

Caterina states, "I will always prefer IC to OOC chatting. Just for the record."

Onreon says, "I made seven gold."

Eirian states, "Just wanted to say thanks to the folks who attended my ST last weekend. And to apologize for not being able to follow up on individual scenes. I've been getting settled in at my new job and haven't had a lot of creative energy leftover in the evenings. I'm generally free this weekend, though, so if anyone wants to get in a scene in Dastur, hit me up soon. I intend to be back on the grid by Monday."

Evani states, "I actually smiled and did not curse."
Kinaed smiles at Caterina.
Alessandro declaims to Caterina, "Of course!"
Kinaed smiles at Eirian.

Onreon says, "And even when I don't make any money, I purchase silver for NPC donations."
Taunya declaims to Eirian, "I really enjoyed your ST, thanks again for running it!"

Evani states, "And I loved your bard performance. I gave you a bit of silver."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else have anything they want to talk about in terms of how their week went before we move on to Player Topics?"
Eirian declaims to Taunya, "Thanks for coming along!"

Onreon claims, "Also, I've been selling sketches and stuff like that."

Caterina declares, "I heard really great things about the ST!"

Alessandro says, "I tink that it's been really nice seeing people do very much classist and racist things."

Onreon says, "There's multiple ways to earn silver through honest RP"

Eirian exclaims, "And have a nice meeting, folks!"
Eirian waves.
Eirian has gone AFK.

Alessandro giggles a little.

Evani sighs at Alessandro. 'Oh you poor thing."

Kinaed says, "I have one thing - we've had a major influx of new players. We don't know where you're coming from, but we do want to say thanks for giving The Inquisition: Legacy a try."

Kinaed claims, "That made it a sparkling week for me."
Niamh smiles.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, Player Topics!"

Taunya declaims, "If you're a new player that's been referred here, be sure to type 'refer (player who referred you)' by the way! It'll give them some nice bonus QP points"

Temi states, "And make sure to put in the person who referred you for referral bonus! If someone did."

Caterina claims, "I've been tickled over all the bebe merchants. Thanks for keeping me busy, guys! And shutting up."
Temi nods in agreement with Taunya.
Kinaed nods at Taunya.
You tell Kinaed, "If you'll be about for a few after the meeting, I can field my question/thoughts to you perhaps more personally, as ... it's one of those things that I'm guessing has the risk of blowing up the meeting and that's far from my intention."

Merick says, "Y'all know my issues and what not, otherwise rp has been good! and shutting up too."
Kinaed questions to Eirian, "Okay, you're up. :) Want to introduce us to your topic?"
Kinaed tells you, "Sure."

Margaux says, "Eirian left, he posted earlier."

Teagan idly paws Merick.

Onreon states, "I swear to god I'm not a bebe."

Kinaed claims, "Oh dear. Oops! Okay, let's see."
Margaux says to Caterina, "Your bebes are so cute. :)"
Kinaed queries to Empena, "I have you down next? Interested?"
Empena nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed tells you, "I'm okay if OOC CHat blows up, btw."
Kinaed tells you, "But not if you'd get embarrassed."

Onreon rubs himself down since apparently his lavender smell wore off.

Bofaha grabs some matches and sets the knight puppet on fire while cackling madly

Kinaed claims, "Lavendar reminds me of my grandma."
Merick declaims to Bofaha, "YOUR SOUL IS MINE!"

Empena queries, "I fielded it above but it sort of got lost in the flow of conversation. But I'm curious about the turnover time on metrics given their future importance on things like Assets, and also ... consideration perhaps (though perhaps this is part of it already) - but is there a natural decay to metrics or do they only decay when people take action as it seems of late (though it could be perception only) that they aren't being utilized as much. But as they have implications essentially for ... everyone, when assets go "live" will assets or other actions more actively interact with them?"

Kinaed claims, "Oh yeah, I forgot to check that poll."
Merick claims to Empena, "I was wondering that myself."

Kinaed claims, "Looks like we're moving to fortnightly."

Temi states, "So, for metrics now, it's a zero sum game."

Merick states, "Nice."

Alessandro claims, "I think I need to see how metrics work now. I never use the system, because it kind of blows my mind with all the info."

Temi says, "When something goes up, something else goes down."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so."

Kinaed states, "Getting to the latter parts of Empena's question."
Margaux states to Aenaela, "Welcome "

Nadya declaims, "Oh! Sorry, may I bring something up later! Sorry, missed my chance to ask!"

Alessandro scoots over to cuddle sweetly with Aenaela
Evani smiles at Aenaela.

Aenaela trails off, "Hi, sorry to be late..."

Kinaed declaims, "We hope to eventually give players a weekly personal quest, which would be random, that say something like "A business opportunity has a arisen for Temi! Push economics below 50 and get 100 silver in bonus!""

Kinaed says, "Random ones for each player."

Empena says, "So sort of like Pvents but for money rather than QP."

Evani says, "Oh that's fun."

Kinaed says, "This will hopefully encourage the pbase as a whole to have different interests and try to play with the metrics."
Kinaed nods at Evani.
Kinaed nods at Empena.

Caterina says, "I totes forgot pvents were a thing. I turned them off pretty quick because I kept getting ones like CAT HAS A HEADACHE."

Kinaed states, "That is not the first layer of assets though, we're trying to get the basic structure in first."

Empena muses, "Like pvents if you reject one because it won't make sense for your character, will you get another roll later?"

Temi claims, "But even before that, when assets come out, the amount of money they return will be based on the strength of their attached metric."
Kinaed states to Empena, "You'll get one random one per "period""
Margaux says to Caterina, "Margaux was having inappropriate dreams about the most inappropriate people."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Caterina laughs.

Temi says, "And there is a wide variety of different metric patterns to attach things to."

Evani claims, "Weee"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Evani says, "Inappropriate dreams."

Temi says, "Like vineyards attached to morale, for example."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Evani claims, "Ah, makes sense."

Temi declares, "So it won't just be all 'gotta get economics up for more money!'"
Alessandro gives the ASSETS spec to Aenaela.
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Alessandro gets the ASSETS spec.

Temi claims, "It'll be spread out across the pbase with people fighting against one another for their own metrics to be strongest."

Kinaed queries, "Any more questions?"

Nadya questions, "What's the ASSETS spec?"
Kinaed tells you, "Were those your questions, or did you have more for later?"

Merick claims, "I just hope I'll be able to keep up with assets"
Kinaed claims to Nadya, "The specification for how assets will work."
Kinaed says to Nadya, "It's a ledger sitting on the floor in this room if you want to pick it up and have a read."

Temi claims, "Az is working on finishing up the code for it, and I'm working on finishing up the templates for them."

Evani states, "I dunno if assetts are a thing... It's math.. I'm pretty bad at math"

Alessandro states, "It does seem a little overwhelming."

Aenaela states, "Ha, me too"

Alessandro claims, "But I'm sure it'll be great."

Nadya trails off, "Ther's nothing on the floor, though..."
Evani drops the ASSETS spec.

Evani says, "Now there is"

Kinaed states, "Oh, must have all been picked up."

Nadya pontificates, "Ah! Thanks!"

Bofaha states, "Read mine too"

Merick stops using a steel parry-dagger with slender upturned pointed quillons.
Merick holds a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage in his hand.
Nadya gets the ASSETS spec.

Temi states, "It'll be pretty simple to not worry about more than basic setup once it's in. You only have to care about the fine details stuff to maximize profits."

Alessandro states, "Ah, gotcha."

Evani states, "I will probably be begging for help, because math"

Merick goes after Zhar with a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage

Alessandro claims, "So it's an invest as much or as little in it as you want."

Evani states, "Oh"
Bofaha pontificates to Temi, "Or minimize someone elses profits! Some people just want to see the world burn ;9"
Zhar holds a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage in his hand.
Aenaela grins at Evani.
Temi nods at Bofaha.

Temi declaims, "That's totally an option!"

Nadya pontificates, "Holy heck, I love it!"

Evani pokes Aenaela

Zhar burns the Knight's face to look more like Merick.
Kinaed states to Nadya, "You can keep it for reference if you want."

Nadya asks, "And, mind if I bring up a question?"
Niamh grins at Zhar.

Kinaed claims to Nadya, "Go for it."

Niamh gives a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage to Melania.
Karim holds a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage in his hand.

Karim slides his hands into a pair of puppets, lifting them up to shoulder
height. The Knight puppet's fists are pumped wildly at the Mage puppet, who
engages in an equally wild slap-fight with the Knight.
Karim stops using a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage.
Merick laughs.
Melania laughs.
Margaux claims to Zhar, "Change the puppets so that the mage has shorter arms and can't hit the knight, no matter how much he tries. :P"

Alessandro says, "There is something I wanted to bring up, though it's just something I've been noticing with my talks with merchants and things, and may not be an actual thing of what's happening, but gotta plug merchants, yo."

Merick stops using a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage.
Zhar questions to Margaux, "Where is the fun in that?"
Merick wields a steel parry-dagger with slender upturned pointed quillons in his off-hand.
Kinaed states to Alessandro, "Putting you down after Zhar."

Onreon claims, "I'm looking forward to the economic slapfights that are sure to arise."

Nadya says, "I know Piety is an inflammatory subject, but I was just wondering if something like that could be brought back? I think it'd help with our numbers of priests, (Even if it honestly did nothing mechanically, guilting you to have it max without much benefit.)"
Kinaed says to Alessandro, "Please type up your topic introduction."

Kinaed claims to Zhar, "You're up :) Please introduce us to your topics."

Zhar states, "Alright, I got three topics:"
Kinaed tells you, "I'll call on you after Alessandro"

Evani states, "Lord"

Zhar says, "Ok, first up: Mage vs Knight dynamics. That sentence was supposed to be the intro to a long wall of text, but bottom line is, we can't do shit against mages. There's nothing much to say. Numbers don't change things. Orderite shenanigans are not adequate to the task. If a mage wants to leave we can't stop him. And he can kill us in several dozen different ways."

Nadya declaims, "Whoops! Sorry! I pressed enter too quick!"

Kinaed says, "I'm sorry to do this, but I think we should immediately move that topic to forums. Please post an intro there."

Zhar states, "Second: Improve policy on people receiving IC information on something happening, crossing half of Lithmore in a minute, and joining the scene immediately."

Kinaed claims, "That will eat up this meeting like no one's business."
Zhar nods at Kinaed.

Evani claims, "Uh"

Evani states, "The travel command is good for a reason? Though... usually if you use where, you can find rp scenes."
Margaux states to Zhar, "Yeah, that is a bit of an issue at times as people pile into scenes."
Zhar sneezes loudly.

Evani states, "Or... hmm, maybe that's just me."
Niamh states to Zhar, "Lord bless."

Karim claims, "Well, in all actuality, the second one shouldn't be happening."

Margaux says, "More for already tense scenes. Normally it is fine."

Karim states, "Because that's clear OOC collusion."

Zhar claims, "I am talking about scenes where someone can change the outcome of it, regardless of realistic travel times."

Bofaha says, "You can have IC-ly influenced pileups"

Caterina says, "Yeah. People shouldn't be talking about IC stuff OOC at all. I know it happens. But I wish it didn't."
Niamh nods at Caterina.
Kinaed states to Zhar, "Travel time is suppposed to account for the time it takes for people to get from place to place. I think we're more concerned about whether people "OOCly" contact other people to bring them into a scene. In that vein, yes it is definitely against policy to OOCly bring someone into a scene... BUT also please remember there are a lot of IC ways for people to do things you might not know about. Mages can communicate silently over a distance, for example."

Margaux states, "Well, people can send a messenger, have it received and have the person turn up before a round of RP has passed."

Aenaela claims, "Sometimes I use where to try to find rp partners. Is that frowned against? Or do we mean something else entirely."

Zhar states, "What Margaux said, basically."

Kinaed states, "I would like for people to assume that other people are probably on the up and up as a starting point and raise issues with policy to be examined."

Evani says, "I use where quite often, to be honest. It hleps if there is a gathering in that sense."
Bofaha claims to Aenaela, "It's perfectly fine"
Kinaed nods at Evani.
Merick nods at Kinaed.
Margaux states to Aenaela, "Something else. Using whererp to find rp is the absolute intent of the command. :)"

Zhar says, "And, the Third topic is kinda pointless I guess, so that's it for me."
Niamh says to Aenaela, "No no, not that. Interacting OOC to come and bail a buddy out of a bad situation, not using "where" to find RP. WhereRP-- what Marg said."

Bofaha claims, "If someone tries to assasinate someone in church square, well, don't be surprised that people will pile up"
Karim wonders to Zhar, "Well, what was the third?"

Temi states, "The problem is really when someone shows up just when they happen to be needed, not showing up for RP in general."

Evani states, "Oooh, ok, because I use where quite often."
Aenaela nods.

Zhar claims, "Adding more combat effects like critical hits, that additionally hamper people's ability to fight. But that already kiiiiinda happens."

Zhar claims, "In other words: Make strike locations more meaningful."

Azarial says, "Wounds already affect combat"
Kinaed muses to Zhar, "Please clarify - are you in favor of adding combat effects?"
Zhar nods at Kinaed.

Azarial claims, "And affect movement"

Kinaed says, "No, it's unbalancing to have a head strike knock someone out. They're equal for reasons like that."

Niamh ponders.

Zhar states, "I don't mean to that point."

Kinaed states, "Not doing that was actually a deliberate choice."

Karim queries, "Does targetting limbs do anything currently?"

Evani says, "It will wound you"
Kinaed nods at Evani.

Karim claims, "I was under the impression it actually didn't."
Niamh wonders to Zhar, "Something like: Because a head hit is more difficult to connect with, making it cause more damage?"

Evani claims, "Or hurt you, either or."

Evani states, "It does"
Nadya states to Evani, "People die when they're dead, too."

Evani claims, "Unless you are sparring, I'd think."

Azarial states, "By the code, one location is no more difficult than another"

Zhar shakes his head to Niamh.
Niamh asks of Azarial, "Really? Hands are as easy as body?"

Kinaed states, "Or if you damage a person's right hand, then they can't fight with their weapon? I think it's quite strategic, but it doesn't work with the arbitration system we built."

Zhar claims, "I mean in general more specific things like Kinaed says."

Bofaha states, "This would take pretty major rebuild, and likely remove the "favor hitting and hurting" from it"

Zhar says, "Stuff that leads to disarming, disabling the dual, slowing movement, inhibiting combat skills, etc."
Azarial nods at Niamh.
Niamh claims to Azarial, "Huh. I didn't know that."

Azarial states, "Movement is already slowed."
Kinaed says to Niamh, "All locations are generally equal in code terms for balance reasons. The combat system relies on weapon and defense choice rock-paper-scissors."
Merick queries to Kinaed, "Like for instance, if someone has a body wound and it hampers their ability to attack, as per affects, that's a solid code thing yeah?"

Niamh states, "Interesting. I think my "I'm not a combat player" is coming out."
Niamh grins.
Zhar says to Azarial, "Sorry, I meant, 'make charge commands harder to pull off'"

Merick trails off, "Or legs get wounded, which hampers movement..."

Kinaed says, "Location parts, while realistic, don't play nicely with rock paper scissors. It's always better to hit someone in the head, for example, than the body."

Caterina pontificates, "You and me both Niamh!"

Azarial claims, "Any damage reduces their ability to attack"

Evani says, "I train but my tubori is not combat, no"

Niamh hides with Caterina.
Margaux says to Niamh, "We should get matching 'Combat? Huh?' tshirts. :)"
Niamh declaims to Margaux, "Yes!"

Melania listens.

Kinaed claims, "The combat system is meant to be RP flexible, but not IRL realistic."
Kinaed claims to Zhar, "Sorry, mate."

Zhar says, "Well it can be RP flexible, and still as abstract as it is. Right now, combat is just defend until you can land a critical hit and go home."
Kinaed muses to Zhar, "Okay, so please do go back and raise your Knight vs Mage issue on the forums?"

Alessandro is signing up for a combat corset with smoke bomb pockets that has, exit stage right on the back.

Evani grins

Karim says, "Would have to agree with Zhar though. The whole folks just coming out of nowhere when their friends are in trouble -is- getting kind of old."
Kinaed nods at Karim.

Azarial says, "Against a properly armed charcater, a single hit won;t decide the fight"

Evani muses, "If a messenger was sent it wouldn't be such a problem, would it?"

Kinaed states, "I agree, and if it's happening through OOC contact also, that's fucked, and I'm not happy."
Margaux states to Karim, "I've seen knights do it too, to be fair."

Kinaed trails off, "If it's just using IC methods and those are uber quick..."
Zhar says to Kinaed, "Don't know what to say about it, really. We just need more tools."

Kinaed states, "Still a bit annoying, but I'm not sure what to do - so suggestions wouldn't be amiss. Maybe we should put that one on the forums also."

Alessandro says, "Mages currently, in a group are super op compared to knights imo."

Empena claims, "My suggestion would likely be draconian."
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Bofaha says, "I remember from old times that once we had a mage attack GI in his office. From the time I received a messanger, bashed the door open and entered the scene they didn't even have time to get couple emotes out"
Margaux wonders to Empena, "Tell the dragons to get them? :P"
Kinaed states to Alessandro, "I'm not sure I entirely agree with that, but that'll be why we're going to open a discussion thread on the forums that can take longer than our meager 10 mins left and include a wider audience."

Alessandro pontificates, "Okie-dokie!"
Kinaed nods at Bofaha.

Niamh says, "Tenatively, and probably an unwelcome interjection, but we might want to be careful with the topic of OOC contact while it's a pending case. Some people aren't here to defend themselves, and... well, you know what I'm mean, I'm sure."
Kinaed nods at Niamh.
Evani nods.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, let's see... Alessandro, your topic?"

Caterina exclaims, "Oh, I was just grumbling about my own separate thing with my OOC remark. Definitely wasn't trying to implicate someone else!"

Caterina simmers down.
Niamh claims to Caterina, "Just in general! Not you, Ms. Cat."
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed hugs Caterina.

Alessandro says, "It's just more of a kind of bemindful sort of thing. And I swear I am not whining so please don't think I am I am totally happy right now. So as a precursor to this thingy."

Alessandro claims, "So I have been having a lot of discussions in character and a little out of character, but it seems to me, and probably clouded by personal bias, that sometimes weather for quicker things happening or needing to get things done that people tend to want to go to town shops. A lot of them are there and it's good that they are. But We merchants love your RP and the haggle and the deal, so just want to plug that, we'd really love to take that extra time to make your shopping, and eating and dining experience as wonderful as possible. That way Those of us who are trying to get established can get on the circuit a little better, and that way, you know we can get those opportunity to deal with snobby nobles, and bow and scrape and all the yes my lords and yes mister so and so. So on. I'm not saying that this isn't having attempts made at all. I just know that sometimes it can be frustrating especially those who cook, and do skills that are really closely tied to player interactions and stuff. "

Evani claims, "Such as woodworking, that is skill for sure."

Niamh smiles at Alessandro.

Kinaed states, "Thanks for the reminder."
Margaux muses to Alessandro, "Have you advertised?"

Alessandro bobbles his head like well...a bobblehead.

Melania questions, "It helps to know who is doing what.. advertise?"

Caterina says, "I think these are concerns we can definitely take care of IC"

Alessandro claims, "Yup We're getting there. I technically can't as the way the guild is set up at the moment, though I guess there's things in the works."

Evani queries, "How would one advertise? post it up on a lamp post or something/"
Kinaed nods.

Taunya agrees. "I'd been looking for woodworkers for a while, bringing it up ICly with a few characters, and no one knew who did what."

Karim states, "I think what he's getting at is he'd like more RP surrounding the sales"
Kinaed says to Alessandro, "I think Caterina'd love to RP with you about it."

Evani says, "And yeah, I agree."

Karim says, "Rather than just stocking a shop"

Margaux asks, "It would be nice if using 'guildlist' on other guilds showed the subranks, especially for merchants. It would let us outsiders know who is doing which trade?"
Kinaed nods at Taunya.
Niamh nods at Karim.

Caterina states, "For example, yeah. What Taunya said. There's no IC directory of who does what. Yet."

Evani states, "Heh now you do"

Niamh says, "Ooh, what Margaux said."

Empena queries, "Maybe the Merchant Guildlist could start listing who did what if the coded ranks for merchants were updated to show that?"
Evani nods.

Azarial states, "Note that roles are supplanting guild ranks."

Alessandro says, "I totally love the RP! Again, I'm not bringing my IC things ooc, because I do have IC plans but just want to keep people aware, that we love your sales rp."

Kinaed states, "I'll consider it."

Caterina declares, "The only problem with that is that it wouldn't give the full picture. Like Cat has 3 trades but only one subrank. But it could help!"

Karim states, "Well, tbh, if you just get advertisement made and put them around town, it totally works."

Karim states, "Do it."

Azarial says, "Anything working with the old rank system will be low prirotiy in the face of roles"
Niamh nods in agreement with Karim.

Kinaed claims, "Guys, we have five minutes, and I think this topic is fairly straightforward. Empena has another topic to raise."
Alessandro nods at Azarial.

Bofaha muses, "Maybe a special command for merchants to show list of openly advertising one?"
Margaux claims to Caterina, "I may have a template around for merchant guild listings that can be posted on the IC board.. let me see if I do."

Kinaed claims, "I'd like to get to it before our time is up :)"

Karim claims, "EMPEEEENNNNADA"

Niamh tsks at Karim.
Melania hugs Empena.

Nadya claims, "Empenis"

Empena says, "Okay, my other topic is this. There seems to me sometimes to be a thing where when RP - be that via letter, messenger, or live scenes gets someone or someones into a direction they don't enjoy or it has negative rammifications for folks that the go to is an accuation of policy violation and having the other players investigated by staff. Personally, when this happens, sometimes it feels like sort of an attempt to use staff as a barrier wall. I am often given the rightful advise to remember not everything is within my purview to know about, but that doesn't always seem like a two way road. And sometimes it makes others essentially afraid to do things that have nothing to do with RP because of the concern of getting in OOC trouble. It can honestly be a big hit to morale when I start second guessing my roleplay based on it. "

Kinaed declares to Nadya, "Nadya!"

Zhar covers his mouth and giggles.
Niamh trails off to Kinaed, "Where's that whoopin' stick..."
Kinaed nods at Empena.

Nadya says, "I crave death."
Azarial gets a dufflebag of ooc meeting items from pico, a text editor.
Azarial puts a pair of wood pugilist puppets pitting Knight against Mage in a dufflebag of ooc meeting items.

Zhar exclaims, "Use a dead guy!"

Kinaed states, "I think that we need to ask staff not to pause RP in general."
Azarial states to Nadya, "Talk to your doctor; they hvae a pill for that"
Azarial puts a dufflebag of ooc meeting items in pico, a text editor.

Kinaed states, "It is a real headache to retcon and fix things when someone calls foul. I can resolve policy, dole out punishments, etc, after. And retcon if genuinely required."
Taunya eats a turkey empanada.

Kinaed claims, "And hopefully that means that staff won't be seen as a 'parachute' so much as a 'recompense' measure."

Karim says, "Or a tool to bully other players."
Kinaed muses to Temi and Niamh, "We cool with not pausing RP when things are going wrong, and just requesting people send their complaints about the RP to me?"
Kinaed nods at Karim.

Niamh claims, "Definitely. Would be much less headachey to let it play out that way."

Azarial says, "Note that players cannot declare a null on RP."

Empena says, "I mean follow up to that not straight out threatening other players with staff intervention."

Azarial claims, "Bad things happen, roll with it. it builds characters"

Kinaed states, "I think so. I don't think stopping RP is any more fair, and sometimes less. There's no 'fair' fix, so we may as well go with the path of least headache."

Melania says, "Except for when it kills them. "
Melania grins.
Kinaed says to Empena, "I don't think it's a threat to say "I'm going to talk to staff about this""

Azarial states, "That builds the next one."
Evani giggles.
Melania laughs.

Aenaela gulps.

Bofaha says, "Azarial sweet death exp"

Kinaed says, "I saw the tells in the last policy case, and frankly, I think it wasn't anything to get upset over."

Kinaed says, "Anyone has a right to talk to staff at any time about anything."

Azarial says, "Though some staff may actually know how to asnwer it."

Empena says, "I guess it's well, it might be one of those perception of tone sort of things, I get that."

Kinaed claims, "A threat to me is like "I'm going to kill your goat if you don't stop it" not "I think this is shit and I'm going to tell staff about it""
Margaux says to Kinaed, "I'm still bitter about my goat."
Kinaed says to Margaux, "It was sooo tasty."

Alessandro says, "It was the best goat stew I ever ate. I don't know what you're talkin' about."

Aenaela muses, "Won't someone think of the goats?"
Temi has created a large goat!

Azarial passes on the joke.
Zhar says to Kinaed, "I won't kill your goat if you don't do this."

Bofaha says, "Empena staff here is always pretty amazing, at least as far as my experience goes, so there is nothing to fear from them :)"
Niamh exclaims to Temi, "YAY!"

Evani claims, "Some goat."

Melania comforts Margaux.
Onreon is idle.

Evani states, "Nom nom goat barbicue."
Empena nods at Bofaha.

Karim states, "Don't really agree about this particular case from what was shown."

Nadya muses, "Question: If the goat dies, can I throw myself off of the roof?"

Taunya holds hand over the 'slaughter' command.

Margaux claims, "You're all so cruel. RIP Billy."

Kinaed states, "Okay, it is 9:01 am, so we have gone over the top of the hour."

Kinaed says, "Thank you everyone, for attending."

Taunya waves!

Bofaha waves

Alessandro pontificates, "Of course!"

Zhar declares, "Time to jump off a cliff!"
Zhar places his right fist over his heart in salute.
Empena waves.
Nadya waves.

Zhar states, "Until next time."

Kinaed claims, "Please remember to vote for TI so we can keep visible and attract new players."
Alessandro waves.

Caterina pontificates, "Thanks, guys!"

Nadya says, "Kill me"
Evani waves.

Karim states, "Sure thing Nadya"

Aenaela claims, "Thank you. this was enlightening. I probably still have a million questions. haha"

Nadya claims, "Thnx"

Kinaed states, "Please write a review of TI on TMC and Reddit too (in the appropriate place) as that really does help bring in new players."
Karim flips a sleek damascene brooadsword with a cross-tied leather hilt backwards and slides it into it's scabbard

Margaux pontificates, "Council meeting after next week's OOC chat!"
Evani stands up.

Kinaed pontificates, "We appreciate your time, and hope everyone has a great week. Until the next one!"

• Information