Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed questions, "I'll take the chirping of crickets as a no? :)"
Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Unless the crickets have a topic, probably."

Malachai states, "Key assign has a bug, I think."
Kinaed smiles at Temi.

Empena states, "I have things I've said on the forums and to you Kinaed I wouldn't punish people to hear twice."

Dranston claims, "They are all on the site"
Kinaed asks of Malachai, "Please report it?"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, Staff Updates!"
Malachai says to Kinaed, "Okay"

Gothan throws a few tumbleweeds across the room
Malachai starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed queries, "Last week, I handled policy. I also added some help files HELP CONSENT is a big important one, please read it. I also assisted Niamh's website work (which the bulk of you are probably looking at right now, hence the silence? :))"
Malachai finishes his note.
Kinaed has transferred Rimilde. [OOC]
Temi gives a handheld oil lantern, shaped like a Magebane bonfire to Rimilde.

Kinaed wonders, "I think that's all for me. Az, you're up?"

Azarial states, "Worked on some bugs this week, including a few crashes. had to renumber crafting due to a mismatch between code and spec, so that things should work a bit better now."

Kinaed claims, "Some important notes: Finish View should be fixed - sorry that appeared to be broken, folks. Most of the other stuff is under the hood, particularly some ledger work and crash fixes."
Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Thanks, Az. :)"
Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi says, "Okay! Not a whole lot of excitement, especially since I had a couple days away for work."

Temi states, "So just the usual RPA type things, and a little bit of working on ideas for all sorts of asset templates for different metrics."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "That's about it."
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed states, "Niamh isn't here, but in case you somehow missed the announcements - she has completely overhauled our website, as can be see at http://ti-legacy.com"

Kinaed says, "Gothan is our art contest winner! That's him in the upper left hand side."

Gothan swoons

Empena fans Gothan with one hand.

Addienna declares, "Looks awesome!"

Hunapo states, "Very nice over all."

Hunapo claims, "I like the IC Event feed."
Kinaed states to Hunapo, "I hope that works out - it's manual for us to keep updated, and it is outside of the system."

Temi claims, "I'm not sure if she's done. Might be some small layout tweaks still. She was still poking at it last I heard, but I think it's most ofit."

Kinaed claims, "But, players, if you want to add an event to the calendar, please just send staff a Request Board."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Gothan claims, "Yeah I like the newsfeed, makes us seem busy if newbies glance at the site."

Dranston states, "That's very important"

Kinaed states, "The last thing to note - the Seneschal Bid period has begun! Please type 'bid list' to see your nominations and consider campaigning if your character would like to be Seneschal."

Temi states, "As long as we don't leave it to languish for months, cause that does the opposite."
Temi grins.
Kinaed nods at Dranston.
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Dranston states, "When i see mud sites and the last date on the homepage is months ago i assume it's dead "
Kinaed nods at Dranston.

Kinaed wonders, "I think that wraps up our Staff Updates. :) Let's move on to Player Heartbeat. How was RP this week, folks?"

Gothan states, "Very busy! So much to get done... almost too much."

Esmerelde pontificates, "Seemed pretty crazy with Magebane!"
Kinaed smiles.

Vicannia claims, "What little rp I have been in has been fun."
Kinaed questions to Gothan, "Better than boring, I hope?"
Kinaed nods at Esmerelde.
Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Rothgar declares, "Other then having to keep my fanny-flustering in check, it was alright! Been good to see what's going down lately"
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed nods at Rothgar.

Gothan nods at Kinaed. "Yep! But sometimes you just want to kick your feet up...

Kinaed wonders, "Anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to know about?"

Addienna says, "Being a target during magebane was nuts. "
Kinaed nods at Addienna.
Kinaed queries to Addienna, "Did it go okay in your view, or...?"

James thought for sure he was going to die due to rp.
Kinaed queries to James, "You seem remarkably still breathing for all of that? :)"

Addienna says, "I meant that before your shitting comment. hehe I am with James tho- was waiting on my Alt to did. "

Addienna says, "Die"
Kinaed nods at Addienna.

Kinaed claims, "I'm unaware of an PC deaths at the moment, albeit I haven't checked the Death Board."

Rothgar states, "I think my complaints got addressed earlier in the week, so ent nothing shitting me atm. Busy. Busy busy busy."
Kinaed nods at Rothgar.
Dranston has lost link.

Kinaed claims, "Anything else before we move on to player topics? I've got two anonymous ones."
Dranston has reconnected.

Dranston says OOCly, "Derp"
Kinaed smiles at Dranston.

Detlan pontificates, "Inquisiting is fun. The Odt channel is hilarious btw!"

Kinaed says, "Okay, it will take me a moment to type these up :)"

Empena says, "Welcome to the insanity."

Gothan says, "It has become quite homoerotic in recent days, and for that I blame Rothgar."

Dranston says, "I was more concerned about dying through...not rp. Or at least the pure code effects making the start of RP a foregone conclusion after a no-RP opener. But we covered that separately "

Kinaed says, "Here is a player suggestion for discussion: Not sure when to bring this up but on another mud, the players were limited to 3 characters per account which limited the amount of RP crossover that happens. They also put in the option to 'ice' one of the characters to make room for a 4th, but required QPs to be spent to ice and unice characters. I think a 10 QP cost would be good for this idea as it keeps characters from being shelved and brought back out in an instant to interfere with already progressing RP. For example, shelfing a character and saying they are 'traveling' and then in a split second bring them back to attack another character."

Rothgar snorts.
Kinaed has transferred Jozafat. [OOC]
Jozafat slows to a halt.

Jozafat eyes around warily.
Kinaed claims to Jozafat, "You just missed this:"

Kinaed claims, "Here is a player suggestion for discussion: Not sure when to bring this up but on another mud, the players were limited to 3 characters per account which limited the amount of RP crossover that happens. They also put in the option to 'ice' one of the characters to make room for a 4th, but required QPs to be spent to ice and unice characters. I think a 10 QP cost would be good for this idea as it keeps characters from being shelved and brought back out in an instant to interfere with already progressing RP. For example, shelfing a character and saying they are 'traveling' and then in a split second bring them back to attack another character."
Temi gives a handheld oil lantern, shaped like a Magebane bonfire to Jozafat.

Kinaed muses, "Any thoughts on it?"

Jozafat bows gratefully to Temi, then looks at Kinaed and nods: "Seems fine to me. I don't like alts."

Esmerelde says, "I don't know if it really helps a lot"

Gothan claims, "I've never really been one to have a load of alts, I really struggle to play just two characters at once so I've no idea how people manage to juggle loads of busy ones. Has this really been a problem on TI? I don't think I've seen any biggie crossover issues. "

Kinaed claims, "For the most part, relatively few players keep more than 3 alts."

Malachai claims, "I would have to agree with that idea. Based on the Census and there being 100+ active characters in the system, it is difficult not to over lap Roleplay. It would also bring a sense of reality as to how many players we actually have."

Rothgar says, "I was about to say. I feel as though it's a good suggestion to a problem we don't really have."
Kinaed claims to Gothan, "Usually, people only successfully run 2-3"

Kinaed states, "Almost everyone has a main."

Esmerelde claims, "I think more alts than one or two is going to be more likely to be superficial interactions most of the time"

Esmerelde claims, "Which don't tend to cause alt conflicts"

Jozafat considers Rothgar's words.

Hunapo wonders, "I usually have two at any given time, I don't know how someone plays more than that with any regularity. That being said I want to ask Kinaed, how big of an issue is crossover in TI?"

Kinaed claims, "I think everyone being limited to one alt would reduce crossover issues significantly, but I don't think limiting to three does."

Esmerelde says, "The biggest conflicts will be people that have two deeply involved characters"
Rothgar nods at Esmerelde.
Addienna has lost link.
Addienna has reconnected.

James states, "For me 1, I can focus, 2 I can mostly focus, three I'm very limited, 4 I tend to forget about 1"
Kinaed nods at James.
Dranston nods at Esmerelde.

Hunapo says, "Because if the majority of your policy cases come from cross over then I think it is a big deal that needs to be addressed. If it happens occasionally or rarely with little significant impact then it might be killing a fly with a sledge hammer."

Addienna claims, "I only have two now myself.. Luckily I am doing well at keeping them apart."

Malachai states, "I have trouble working 2 at once. 3 characters is a nightmare and I usually forget about one of them"

Dranston says, "Yeah I personally like the person who has several characters that they rotate through, offering them for public RP in a way that gives nice flavor"

Rothgar states, "That crossover is already punished as it is, and is usually pointed out incredibly quickly, iunno. It's not as though I'd be against it. Limiting characters in your account."

Kinaed says, "I think players wouldn't be happy to reduce to one character each. If we don't go all the way to one char each, though, I don't think it'll really affect crossover."
Dranston nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed says to Hunapo, "A majority of my cases aren't crossover, actually. The majority is player disputes."

Empena claims, "I'm not sure about the alt factor, but some sort of option short of liquidation might be nice for a character you might need a break from for a while, but want to take care of things in some official capacity besides just not logging in any more so people know what happened to you, etc"

Kinaed states, "Ie, Bob thinks Sally did something wrong or vice versa."

Esmerelde wonders, "Do many of your policy cases come from too many characters? Or just misunderstandings of how to approach it more?"

Jozafat says, "How about"

Kinaed says, "Some do, enough that I'd love to have a one character policy."

Kinaed says, "But it won't stop crossover because we have lots of different types of crossover."

Jozafat wonders, "We limit to one alt, but people who have more than one don't have to discard them; instead they just can't create new alts?"

Temi states, "You can always shelve characters. You only need to liquidate if you need their 'spot' for some reason."
Malachai claims to Kinaed, "One character limit however makes it hard for the PCs that end up being hated by a majority of the game world."

Gothan states, "And for those busy GL's who just need to take a break with a much less stressful alt character."

Temi says, "Like you can only have two mages.. and of course you can't keep a role while inactive, like GL or noble or such, for any periodof time"
Malachai says to Kinaed, "That is, if I understood what you were saying."

Vicannia returns and sees the topic "I think this would actually be a bad idea... I mean I could see it being a good solution if it was actually a problem. For me I imagine an alt as a different play style. Like I created one recently that is more of my casualcombat character. I'd hate to see the potential for people who want to play different styles on new characters to be limited.

Dranston claims, "I don't think anyone's seriously proposing a 1 char limit so we can probably move on from that part"
Kinaed nods at Dranston.
Temi has transferred Merick. [OOC]
Temi gives a handheld oil lantern, shaped like a Magebane bonfire to Merick.
Merick puts a handheld oil lantern, shaped like a Magebane bonfire in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.
Malachai nods at Dranston.

Kinaed says, "I'd love to lift my caseload, but I'm not feeling the need to implement a change in this space."

James says, "3 as the limit sounds good"

Kinaed states, "I think the benefits to the pbase and the game as a whole to multiplay are higher than the detriments at this time."

Temi claims, "I don't know if I think the people that have more than 3 are the ones causing policy issues, honestly."

Vicannia nods to Kinaed "It would get incredibly boring rping with the exact same character, every day...

Kinaed claims, "I do agree 10 alts is a bit much, and I'd be happy with a 3 char limit... BUT I think the people impacted by that rule wouldn't be impressed."

James only has 1 character.
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Merick states to James, "Same"

Vicannia nods towards Kinaed "Used to play 6 at one time."

Temi states, "You don't necessarily need more than that, but i don't know if it's solving a real problem."

Merick claims, "But I might make another "

Rimilde wonders, "I"m not sure that numbers really do much unless it's limited to one pc per player, but making it public might? (realize that's really loaded)"
Kinaed muses to Vicannia, "Was that even fun?"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think I'll honestly just shelve this idea with - it seems like it has merit, but the will to pursue it is low at this current time."

Vicannia claims, "Yes, it was fun, because each character was a different playstyle. I had reeves, I had a physician... mages etc. Like right now I have 4 different alts, though only 3 are actually in game"
James says to Kinaed, "I am definitely pro limiting. I know i've been frustrated a few times for someone to cycle through their alts to come back to rp with me(if that makes sense)"

Kinaed says, "I have another topic to write up. It's anonymous also, but it's a heavier topic. I'll be a moment, please feel free to continue chattering while I do this"
Merick claims to Kinaed, "Uhoh"

Gothan claims, "I've only recently thrown my alt onto the grid, and I do find it fun to explore another playstyle. "

Vicannia nods towards Gothan "Not to mention if you have a character who either is hated by most, or can't really go out without risk, it's nice to have an alt who isn't so limited."

Gothan declaims, "Very true! "

Rothgar nods. "I got Rothgar, then a hopeless, womanizing drunkard. One of these is not like the other."
Temi grins at Rothgar.

Vicannia nods towards Rothgar "Different playstyles."

Dranston muses, "So just one then?"
Merick says to Rothgar, "Damn"

Gothan states, "Haha. "
Rothgar grins.

Empena says, "I'm clearly missing out on the good confessions."

Empena smirks.

Kinaed says, "Going back to our HELP RAPE policy updates, a player has requested that we do not allow false accusations at all. They would also like to be able to refuse participation in RP at all where someone has accused someone else.

The player noted that she had spoken to someone, whose bad experience was that her character was harassed but people didn't believe her about it because of the existing policy, so she was labelled a whore for being sexually harassed. The player in question feels that people shouldn't be made oocly uncomfortable, and brining it IC isn't a good solution because IC justice is thematically unfair. "

Rothgar nudges Empena, gives her waggly eyes. "The goodly Inquisitor will take your confession now."

Rothgar lets every one else handle that topic. "Y'all have fun."

Kinaed claims, "I'm personally content with the policy as it stands now, particularly having implemented the consent command and put in a provision that false accusations are punishable if it's deemed they're abusive."

Vicannia wonders, "Punishable oocly or icly?"

Kinaed claims, "As a policy matter handled by staff. IC stuff is IC stuff."

Jozafat claims, "I don't see the need for a change. This is a gritty, unfair world."

Jozafat states, "If we start limiting stuff that makes you uncomfy then we take out combat, rumors and any non consensual RP."

Kinaed claims, "I think the policy as it stands is reasonable."

Vicannia nods in agreeance with Jozafat

Merick says, "IC stuff is IC stuff, if anyone is being called a whore oocly I want a crack at them. otherwise I agree with Jozafat."
Malachai states to Kinaed, "Based on what I have come to understand and see being Roleplayed, I would have to agree Kinaed. It is clearly unfair that the female character gets crapped on for refusing another. I for one, have cut people out of my Roleplay because of the behavior that is displayed in this topic. I know we should be all adults, and you are right as the Theme is unfair when it comes to the Law regarding these things. Actually, I don't think there is an IC law towards it and the Female characters are simply without recourse and left to the mercy of those they deny."

Esmerelde states, "The policy has, I assume, had no effect on my RP... though that's probably to be expected."
Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "It is entirely possible that we may regret our decisions in this space, but I find myself inclined to try to treat people like adults and just see what happens. It could be bad - it probably won't be."

Jozafat states, "Being a woman in a semi medieval late european society can be tough in some aspects. But also being a hillman, or a child, or a malformed."

Esmerelde asks, "I do think that as long as that character has the ability to come to staff if they are being put into OOCly uncomfortable situations, if they decide to take it IC, not getting traction seems.. okay?"

Azarial states, "And sodality should adjust that some."

Vicannia considers Malachai "If a female character denies the advances of another, and the disgruntled advancer spreads rumors about them being a whore, how is this in anyway related to rape? I mean I don't see where the two align?

Dranston asks, "I'm not sure I followed. Was it something like this: M makes pass at F, F says no, F tries to tell people there was something non-consentual about it. People tell F that's not possible because nothing is non-consent here, therefore you consented, therefore you're a whore?"
Jozafat claims to Vicannia, "Exactly. Hire a brotherhood thug to cut his balls off."

Kinaed claims, "I also think we have a provision there to handle false accusations if it's deemed that they're somehow malicious, particularly if they're OOCly malicious. And with a consent command, we have the ability to definitively determine if any behavior isn't consensual - something we odn't have the luxury of irl."
Malachai states to Vicannia, "I have seen the consequences of the Roleplay that brought up this topic. The female character got screwed over in the end by the one they denied and the one who harassed the female character got rewarded."

Kinaed says, "A person can lodge an alert to staff at any time, regardless of their consent status, to give us a very high priority flag that something is going wrong. Any attempt to curb "accusations" beyond that, in my view, would potentially be silencing victims, which is what we've experienced is the case more than any other issue (which is why we changed the policy in the first place)"

Temi wonders, "Since we've changed, has the RP for anyone taken a bad turn? Anything you're worried about?"
Detlan is idle.
Detlan is no longer idle.
Detlan has returned from AFK.

James states, "I honestly agree with the original person saying to cut out accusations. I enjoy playing TI, but I'll start enjoying it a lot less if I have to worry about ic and ooc repercussions because someone has decided to accuse my characters of rape."

Kinaed states, "It is important to note that the player who raised this had the main concern of being drug into other people's crappy RP around sexual assault, either as someone who might have to defend a friend or condemn someone's accsations, etc."

Jozafat states, "I'm wiz. Slowly experimenting with new stuff and code tools like STs."

Kinaed thinks Temi's question is a good one.
Vicannia says to Malachai, "Again, how does that relate to the new rape policy? That would have happened either way. Also just looked at the consent command helpfile, and holy shit that is annoyingly complex for something the breed command did the exact same, without all the fluff"
Malachai questions to Vicannia, "I was only agreeing with Kinaed's new policy change and stating why I agree with it. What are you getting at?"
Vicannia claims to Malachai, "The consent part was not targetted towards you, just was an addon to the pose."

Malachai states, "Oooooh gotcha now."

Kinaed claims, "I think consent is pretty simple. Before your character has sex with someone, check that they have consent. If they don't, request it prior to proceeding. Once you have consent, it stays on the record until the other player chooses to revoke - which they can do at any time."

Azarial says, "The advantage over breed is only breeding with one, instead of leaving it open for anyone"

Kinaed says, "Consent is an OOC command, it is not tied to emotes. It is also private, staff don't see or watch who has whose consent, etc."

Temi states, "We definitely want to keep an eye on this for unintended consequences, so definitely let us know - I'm sure Kin, Niamh or I would be glad to take anonymous comments if you don't want to put anything out at large."

Temi says, "So whoever you're most comfortable with."

Kinaed states, "We will see an alert if someone uses the breed command on someone without consent."

James restates his intention to start rolling eunuchs.

Kinaed states, "But that's not enough to ensure people do have consent, so please just make sure you get it before you go somewhere. Both parties have to get consent from the other."
Rothgar nods at James.

Temi says, "Up here at this point, I've noticed no difference in RP, so if we're missing stuff, we want to know"

Vicannia imagines a bunch of legal documents being passed around whenever two characters want to progress their relationship
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I think, unless I'm reading the tone of this conversation wrong, there's a general consensus that the current policy is okay."
Merick grins at Vicannia.
Hunapo nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "If people still have issues, please feel free to pboard me or approach me directly."

Kinaed questions, "And honestly, I am so happy to put this topic to rest if everyone else is?"
Rothgar nods at Kinaed.
Empena nods.
Addienna is idle.

Kinaed asks, "Okay - so that's everything I've got. Anyone else have a topic or something to discuss? Is there an event happening sometime soon?"

Rothgar says, "We need priests? You'll have the chance to look at Rothgar in his element. You'll also be ruled over by a hot babe and a hot dude. That is all."

Gothan says, "I've been planning one, but with everything going on IC it isn't really the right time! Will be a time off yet probably."

Rothgar states, "Mass soon, btw. I gotta pboard that."
Kinaed nods.

Vicannia shrugs "I have a very minor thing, more of a pet peeve, to raise... well more of a general reminder."

Dranston says, "By the way, as of a couple of days ago at least consent check actually initiates a consent request if it is false"

Kinaed states, "Sounds like some good stuff in the works from the Order. :)"
Kinaed states to Vicannia, "Go ahead :)"
Kinaed declares to Dranston, "Please bug that!"
Dranston nods.

Vicannia states, "It's just a general reminder to folks that while alot TI's rare items are common commodities now adays, we should remember that given the theme, such items would not be common, and perhaps should be recognized as such by folks in their poses and scenes versus it just being treated like a day to day thing."

Detlan questions, "Rare items?"
James questions to Vicannia, "Huh?"
Kinaed finishes abruptly to Vicannia, "I don't understand - can you give an example"

Jozafat muses, "Like books?"

Azarial claims, "Or ice."

Vicannia claims, "Is writing up an example"

Azarial says, "Or sugar, for that matter."

Jozafat declares, "Or women suffrage!"

Kinaed states, "Whilst we wait for Vicannia to write up - I'd like to make a note - if you have a bug, and Az edits it asking for more info - that means Az can't fix it until more information is provided, so the bug won't be fixed and may eventually be removed as 'we don't have enough info, and it's been so long we don't know what to do with this anymore'."

Hunapo elbows Jozafat.

Kinaed states, "So if you're taking the time to bug, please provide a log if you have it, and please answer Az's queries if she asks follow-up questions."
Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Azarial claims, "Exact strings help, as well. I can;t look for something 'sort of like' the error."

Vicannia sighs "For example, Rarer plants or ingredients such as Vanilla or Cinnamon. While yes common nowadays, back then such things would be unheard of by most people. Sea-silk, Damascus, rare gems. Not exactly common by any means.

Temi claims, "Logs are always great. Even a short copy-paste snippet with the command and messaging responded."

Empena claims, "I'd agree that it is slightly awkward as a character to feel specifically in like the mercantile realm that sometimes you are competing against folks who come up with stuff that I'm not sure is on theme/possible with their stringing, but I don't always want to be the RP police either."
Kinaed nods at Vicannia.
Esmerelde nods at Empena.

Rothgar claims, "I keep forgetting that, at the time, damascus was basically magick arts."

Esmerelde exclaims, "I try to keep my food all reasonably thematic, so if something strikes you as off, do let me know!"

Rothgar claims, "Once you start making it IRL that sort of shit starts dying for you."

Vicannia claims, "All of these things I've listed, I have seen people rp... basically acting like such items were not worthy of some "ooh, ahh.""

Empena says, "Some people might not be into the docs enough to know it's a big deal sometimes."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, maybe some @applies should provide the prestige flag or something."

Rothgar says, "Question : Is steel a common item? I got a blacksmith in the works."

Kinaed states, "It's easy with things like gold and silk, harder for vanilla"

Dranston states, "Steel is yes"

Temi claims, "Steel is a normal, at least semi-expensive thing."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Rothgar says, "Oh. Humnf. Well."

Dranston says, "I think people understand how much damascus is worth but sometimes I give subtle prompts to cywans"

Dranston says, "Cyans*"

Rimilde wonders, "Can I be transferred out please?"

Jozafat states, "Damascus steel is a marvel even today."

Kinaed states, "If you have an obj that you want flagged as Prestigious, Request Board"
Rimilde has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Rothgar gives Jozafat a 'look.'

Merick states, "Damascus doesn't happen all that much I'd say yeah"

Jozafat muses, "Carbon nanotubes made of a particular iron ore composition and smith folding technique?"

Jozafat eyes Rothgar warily.

Kinaed claims, "We will flag items that ought to be prestigious for free, provided we agree it meets our criteria - whcih is that hte obj would make your char instantly recognizable as a noble."

Malachai exclaims, "That would help!"

James says, "I can see Vicannia's point, however, Lithmore is a (the?) central hub to the known world, and alot of rare things would show up, and become commonplace in the city, not necessarily in the realms. Also, Urth, not Earth, so we can fudge the details on rarity of some things."

Vicannia nods towards Kinaed "It's just a minor thing... It's just after a recent event where I went out of my way to get items for, items that to my knowledge no one else presently has on grid, and only one person acknowledged the rarity of said item, out of 10 to 15 people. And it's not like I was hiding the item, I added it to poses, and my desc at the time.

Kinaed says, "Or of a high tier in HELP PRECEDENCE."
Malachai states to Kinaed, "I have no idea who is and who is not a Noble, so I just assume everyone is gentry"

Merick states, "James makes a good point"

Rothgar is still holding out for that unobtanium metal.

Temi says, "And do take care about including expensive extras in unexpensive crafted items. We like to keep things free to string, but it does require some maturity in those decisions."
Temi nods.
Kinaed says to Malachai, "If they're obviously a noble, they will have a [P] next to their long desc."

Dranston claims, "I think they might not have understood then, Vic"

Dranston says, "I personally don't know fabrics well enough to realize how difficult sea-silk is to get, so it just sounds like 'oh that's another coolly described item'"

Dranston is learning slowly

Kinaed claims, "May I ask - is anyone else planning to campaign for Seneschal? I'm surprised we only have one candidate thus far. :)"

Malachai nods to Kinaed, "Right, but I can never tell the difference without some sort of guide. I have mistaken gentry for noble and vice versa. For example, Lord Paraji. I don't recall him having a 'P' but I think I've called him a gentry on more than one occassional throughout my playtime here.
Kinaed nods at Jozafat.

Azarial asks, "The help info doens;t help?"
Rothgar claims to Kinaed, "I would, for realzies, but there's such a distinct lack of Orderites that I'd feel terrible for it."

Kinaed questions, "If they don't have a P, then how is your character to know?"

Temi says, "If folks aren't dressing like nobles, it's IC to mistakethem."
Temi grins.
Hunapo says to Kinaed, "I have heard of some people considering it but wanted to work through some IC stuff first"

Vicannia shrugs to Dranston "I can't say I know for sure... Just rubbed me the wrong way at the time. 6000 silver, and several bits of qp spent by the tailor... for nothing...
Addienna is no longer idle.
Addienna has returned from AFK.
Kinaed claims to Rothgar, "It's only a problem if you win, I think."
Kinaed nods at Hunapo.
Kinaed claims to Hunapo, "That's a relief."
Malachai states to Azarial, "I never have time to break away and check over helpfiles as I hold up RP in the room."

Rothgar says, "Your faith is overwhelming, Kin."

Dranston Sorry about that! Next time I will know how shocking it is. Do we have some kind of help file for this stuff

Hunapo says, "It could have also been a protest at how awesome I am and that I can't run again."

Hunapo preens with hubris.
Kinaed asks of Dranston, "Help sumptuary, help precedence, and help prestige, I think?"
Kinaed states to Hunapo, "You are awesome. :)"

Empena claims, "Just because you didn't hear the RP about it doesn't mean there wasn't any"

Temi states, "I believe sea-silk in particular is mentioned in a Tubori helpfile"
Kinaed nods at Empena.

Vicannia states, "You're not issue Dranston... I don't even think you were at that scene... But yeah sea-silk is one of those items that don't have a helpfile, but is only mentioned in help tubori customs or fashion I believe"

Kinaed says, "I certainly have no idea what's going on down there."

Temi claims, "But it makes sense your average person wouldn't know how rare it is to be impressed."
Dranston nods.
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Empena says, "I'm not sure a lot of players even realize what that is IRL"

Dranston claims, "There's a ton of duchy documentation I haven't internalized yet"

Temi claims, "Sort of like designer clothes. Only people that recognize the designer are impressed by the name."
Dranston nods at Temi.
Kinaed smiles at Dranston.

Dranston declares, "Except the material itself should be impressive i think. Anyway!"
Luella is idle.
Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed wonders, "We're at the top of the hour. Any last questions or comments before we call it a day? :)"

Empena wonders, "But as far as special things being special, there's items on grid in NPC shops that sell arguably for dirt cheap that mention containing things like vanilla and cinnamon - should we be typoing or submitting info about things like that which seem off?"

Hunapo states, "For reference for the newer players... I have been playing for almost three years and still learn something new about lore almost on a weekly basis."

Jozafat states, "Yeah."
Kinaed asks of Jozafat, "Yes? :)"

Temi claims, "We should probably clean some of those up from npcs"
Kinaed says to Hunapo, "I hope that's exciting."

Temi claims, "Wouldn't hurt to mention."
Temi nods at Empena.

Kinaed says, "Also, people please rmemeber that you can submit lore on the forums or Request Board if you had some awesome RP you'd like us to memorialize"

Merick trails off, "Crap I need to look in on my lore stuff..."
Luella is no longer idle.
Luella has returned from AFK.

Jozafat states, "Few people remember that the "He/she's wearing nothing on their X" matters. Likewise, people forget that cloaking their gear in front of nobles is bad. Remember it, because us Reeves have been renforcing sumptuaryvand fines."

Detlan claims, "Lore is always good."

Merick says, "Happened so long ago"

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay then - time's up!"

Vicannia asks, "When was cloaking yourself bad infront of nobles? Hooded sure, but just cloak in general"

Jozafat bows to Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat. We appreciate your participation, folks."

Gothan states, "Because it hides weapons, and that's a bit iffy. "

Kinaed declaims, "Have fun!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information