2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
Haizea grins at Bertrand.

Ofelia states, "I have a topic."

Klaetela states, "Me, please."

Rothgar states, "I had a PSA to make as well, but if we get stressed for time dun' worry 'bout it."

Kinaed states, "Got you both. Please pre-type your introductions so they're ready when called upon"

Ofelia says, "Yes ma'am."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Rothgar raises his hand briefly.
Kinaed has transferred Addienna. [OOC]
Temi gives a cotton sack embroidered with a battle of fierce songbirds to Addienna.
Kinaed claims to Rothgar, "I have you."

Merick claims, "I might yap during the heartbeat, but that's about it for me, unless anyone wants me to bring anything up lol"
Rothgar nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed nods at Merick.

James says, "I actually had an idea on changing something in game."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'll kick off Staff Updates. Last week I handled policy for the most part. It was a drag (sorry), quashed the Request Queue (thanks Temi and Niamh for doing so much of that work) and handed out waaaay too many QP for the bounty offer (which in hindsight I probably should have put a limit on - but thank you, everyone, for contributing bounties). It's also good to see the rumor system hopping."

Merick queries, "Like my face, maybe?"
Merick grins at James.
Kinaed wonders to James, "I'll put you down too?"
Kinaed has transferred Nalien. [OOC]
Temi gives a cotton sack embroidered with a battle of fierce songbirds to Nalien.
James states to Kinaed, "Please"
Kinaed states to James, "Got you"

Kinaed states, "I still have Assets which I actually sat down to work on twice (whilst at work) and couldn't actually advance due to interruptions. Sorry, guys."

Kinaed states, "I may just drop the asset games and give it in its current form to Az."

Kinaed claims, "And that's all for me. Temi, you're up."

Temi says, "What did I do... well, handled plots including cleaning up some old ones."

Temi says, "Probably some more of that today, especially closing the old ones that are long since done."

Temi says, "And I went through some crafting requests and added some stuff"
Coluber sits down and rests.

Temi states, "That would be like... some new bouquet recipes, and floral items are no longer permanent."

Coluber claims, "Very nice."

Temi says, "120 IC Days which should still be pretty generous for flowers, but more reason to come back to your local florist time and again."

Ofelia states, "(Yesssss.)"

Temi states, "A new set of pitchers in jeweling, as well a copper kettle recipe."

Bertrand asks, "Is there a way to preserve the flowers? Like pressing/"

Temi says, "Crates, which are unclosable, mid-sized boxes for woodworking"

Haizea says, "Id like to be able to preserve flowers"

Haizea states, "As long as they were like tooled as dipped in sugar or dried or pressed or whatever"

Temi says, "There is not, but I think it would be reasonable to include them ICly with art stuff, and then junk the flower."
Haizea nods at Temi.

Ofelia says, "That might be a fun recipe. Dried so-and-so. that doesn't decay."

Haizea is a sentimental >_>
Bertrand nods at Temi.

Temi declares, "Oh! And help plants list"
Ofelia states to Haizea, "Softie."
Kinaed states to Temi, "I like that help file."

Vicannia states, "That is handy"

Ofelia says, "Oh god, that's so good."

Ofelia says, "I-can-clean-my-greenhouse."

Rickart states, "Sweet, thanks for that"

Kinaed says, "I agree, it's a great idea. Thanks."

Temi states, "And some additional wear slots on some items, like necklaces and corsages."

Temi states, "Aand... that may be about everything."
Kinaed smiles.
Diana is idle.
Kinaed exclaims to Niamh, "You're up!"

Ofelia loves Temi for cleaning all my old annoying board posts.

Niamh states, "This week I went through Artwork and filled out several empty recipes (those that either didn't produce anything or those that had nothing in them but a recipe name) to make them usable. I found a half dozen or so more today, so I'll be filling those out soon (hopefully by this evening).
finalized some changes and tweaks on the new website design, making it more friendly for screenreaders (and bringing the voting links up to the top -- thank you Vicannia!)

I moved all of our tattoo objects from a temporary area to a permanent area so they won't disappear, and remapped all of the appropriate crafting recipes so they use the correct objects. Annnnd, I made some excellent progress on my favorite MobProg archetype so far, and suspect he'll be ready for release in the next couple days.

Semi-related, if the Troubadour players are want to chat with me after the meeting about having some of their work featured, I would absolutely love to include them."

Niamh says, "Errr... *want to chat. Not -are- want to chat."
Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed asks, "Anyone have anything to add before we move on? Any questions?"

Rothgar claims, "Just a quick one for Niamh."
Kinaed states to Niamh, "Also, thank you for good work last week too."
Kinaed nods at Rothgar.
Niamh declares to Rothgar, "Sure!"

Rothgar queries, "Should we stave off on new tats until you say otherwise?"
Niamh claims to Rothgar, "Nope, they're all good as of this morning."

Rothgar says, "Sick. Thanks N."

Niamh says, "No prob :)"

Kinaed claims, "If anyone has problems with their tats, please Request Board for a fix."
say Just as a thought seeing the amazing plant list, given that anyone with foraging can like spam forage maximum gooseberries all day every day, maybe the Herbalism skill for Gooseberries should be slightly lower - IE, within the 36 level that non-Physicians can branch.

Klaetela claims, "Just as a thought seeing the amazing plant list, given that anyone with foraging can like spam forage maximum gooseberries all day every day, maybe the Herbalism skill for Gooseberries should be slightly lower - IE, within the 36 level that non-Physicians can branch."
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Merick resists a joke.
Kinaed states to Klaetela, "Thanks for the suggestion."
nod
Klaetela nods.

Temi says, "They weren't important in anything, so I thought it was fine as something that grows wild and is hard to grow yourself."
nod temi
Klaetela nods at Temi.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, there are your Staff Updates, everyone. :) Time for Player Heartbeat! How was your RP this last week, folks?"

Kinaed says, "(this is the part where I test that everyone is still awake. :P)"

Gothan declares, "Soooo busy as Gothan, it's hard to fit everyone in!"

James claims, "A bit slow, overall. Don't really know which direction to take my character."

Rothgar pontificates, "I'm still alive. Got Hexed by a mage! You guys finally love me!"

Vicannia shrugs "RP was very... underwhelming to say the least."

Ofelia states, "Very good, honestly. Interesting, fun and allowing for branching out to a lot of people."
say Harsh but thematic.

Klaetela says, "Harsh but thematic."

Haizea says, "Guild infighting and the duel challenges has been amazing"
Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.
Kinaed comforts Vicannia.

Elizabethany says, "Good! I'm excited about barding again, though I don't feel like I had enough time."

Gothan states, "Omg congrats Rothgar."

Nalien says, "OOC is keeping me really busy, sadly"

Elizabethany claims, "But the spar balancing event was great for feeling involved in something"
Ofelia declares to Rothgar, "Living the dream!"
Haizea nods.

Haizea claims, "Spar balancing was really good"

Rickart states, "Yes, and the impromptu aerial dance thing"

Ofelia says, "Definite kudos for Bertrand for the spar balancing event."
Bertrand grins at Haizea.

Kinaed says, "Yes, I don't know who ran that, but it got superb reviews all around. Thank you and keep up the good work."
Haizea states to Bertrand, "Challenging you to a duel to the death was also good"

Elizabethany pontificates, "Blame Bert!"

Rothgar exclaims, "No one ever pokes at me because they think I'll like instantly find them out and burn them. Note : I'm not that smart! Come visit me! I'm lonely and I love Mages!"
Kinaed grins at Rothgar.

Ofelia says, "(Visit him, he hasn't drowned Ofelia in the river yet and therefore is a huge softie.)"

Bertrand says, "Blame me for everything. It is easier that way. "

Kinaed states, "That's why I married my husband. Scapegoat."
Elizabethany states to Bertrand, "Blame you for at least spar balancing."

Rothgar snorts.

Kinaed flutters her lashes.

Coluber claims, "I never get to RP as much as I'd like to, but I've had a lot of fun lately with the scenes I have snagged."
Kinaed nods at Coluber.
Eirian has returned from AFK.

Bertrand says, "But yes, lots of interesting scenes! Very fun."

Kinaed claims, "Very glad to hear that it seems like, mostly, a good week for people."

Haizea states, "I got to ballroom dance with my new arch nemesis and we just stared at each other the whole time"

Kinaed wonders, "Anything come up that anyone want staff to have a look at in terms of making the game better?"
Kinaed grins.

Rothgar muses, "Free XP?"
Kinaed says to Haizea, "That sounds like a blast."
Kinaed wonders to Rothgar, "What do you mean?"

Kinaed states, "Oh, you WANT free- no."

Rothgar queries, "Just give me like, iunno, 500k RPXP?"
Rothgar grins.
Kinaed says to Rothgar, "No. :)"

Kinaed says, "Alrighty then, Player Topics it is."
Kinaed says to Ofelia, "You're up first."
Temi states to Rothgar, "You may have it! Only caveat is you have to RP that much... and we'll give it to you as you RP."
Temi nods at Rothgar.
Rothgar smiles at Temi.

Eirian chuckles.

Ofelia pontificates, "Right!"

Ofelia states, "So yes, it's me, the person who exploded all over the forums in a rage about the policy change. (I waited until this morning; my first post draft had a lot more swearing, as I am naturally prone to outbursts.) I was going to let myself steam off until Monday beacuse I am self-admittedly useless when I am angry; but something came to light in the forums that I did not realize had motivated the need for the policy change that I think really needs to be discussed. I had, personally, always been operating under the assumption that the Rape Policy was a lot broader than is written white on black. That's so say, that harassment of a sexual kind is OOC objectionable point blank. Apparently, this isn't the case in application and I am extremely concerned. I want to clarify this now with staff to better understand what is right. I truly fail to understand why 'everything leading up to but no you're cool it wasn't rape' would be acceptable, as I truly fail to see what at all there is to be gained, IC, from accepting this kind of RP. Putting a blanket stop to this, as I am gathering that it is unclear, I think, would go a lot further as a deterrent than the current policy change, which has already be weaponized."

Kinaed states, "Okay, no responses for a moment please. Just let me say something."

Kinaed states, "This is a highly incendiary topic. If you find yourself uncomfortable, please send a staff member a tell, and we will trans you out. Or if you're just not in the mood to see other people upset, etc."

Kinaed says, "Also, please be respectful of others when talking, or I'll trans you out."

Kinaed claims, "Now, having said that - I'm going to respectfully read Ofelia's comments and everyone can engage now. Thanks for the patience with my interjection."

Ofelia claims, "Thank you, Kinaed, for making it."

Kinaed claims, "I honestly didn't see it as so much of a policy change as a clarification. I also do not see it as having been weaponized, though I acknowledge that some people are uncomfortable with some of the RP of others. The reason for the change is exactly as we posted on the forums - we've historically had more trouble with victims being silenced than we did with actually keeping problematic RP off the shelf."

Merick states, "Silenced in an ooc manner I take it"

Vicannia claims, "Icly too"

Kinaed states, "IC and OOC."

Ofelia claims, "My issue is that, from Pixie and Chronodbu's comments, I think that the xisting policy was not inclusive enough. I absolutely agree that players are all within their rights to protest things they don't want to play and that they should definitely speak up."

Temi says, "People feeling like they couldn't say things because it isn't them standing up for what they are comfortable with, but making an accusation that someone is breaking policy."

Kinaed claims, "One of the trickiest issues with sexual topics (of any sort) is that there's a huge variability in perception."

Ofelia states, "I think in that case, it means the policy isn't broad enough."

Haizea states, "I commented on the forums already as well but i'd rather a blanket stop than potentially have to rp out a weird mess thats just too dark for the setting i signed up for"

Ofelia states, "I think anything that has the fallout of 'I now need to RP that someone is a sexual predator and I am uncomfortable' has already gone way too far."

Niamh claims, "Please note, just for the sake of reinforcing this as a point of comfortability: Rape has not been allowed as an RPable topic."
Kinaed states to Haizea, "I respect that, and I hope everyone else will to. Sadly, I can't make a policy that only tells people what they can't do, so I do think that this could be a problem."

Ofelia claims, "I think that people aren't going to feel habilitated by a consent command if they're not already habilitated by reaching out to staff."

Kinaed states, "I'm mentally chipping away at what to do about it and what I ought to do about it that's best for the game as a whole."

Vicannia states, "How is murder an acceptable thing yet the notion of rape and suicide isn't? Like I'm not meaning to come off as rude if I am, I just seriously don't understand."
Kinaed nods at Niamh.
Diana nods at Vicannia.
Kinaed says to Vicannia, "Murder and Suicide are rare topics irl. Rape is not."

Ofelia says, "I think the murders that occur in the game aren't really in the same vein as those that occur in real life."
Haizea says to Kinaed, "I forwarded you a pboard post where i was basically told someone wouldnt already"

Ofelia says, "Few of us IRL are dying from political machinations and mob hits."

Ofelia states, "Rape and Suicide are pretty invariable in their nature."

Niamh states to Vicannia, "I think that's a touchy point that's bound to be upsetting. It's easy to say that violence would be upsetting to anyone who deals with it irl."

Klaetela states, "Well and if we are we clearly aren't on here to talk about it."

Niamh claims, "And it would be. But it's perhaps not as regular."

Kinaed claims, "The chances of someone being personally touched by murder or suicide is much lower - and I promise people who have had that in their lives can just as likely feel inclined not to want to play a game like TI. Even if it wasn't a personal experience."

Ofelia states, "(And I agree with Niamh and Kinaed, anyone who knows someone who was murdered is probably not playing.)"
Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Kinaed claims, "I would like, respectfully, for people to let the policy play out for the week."

Vicannia shrugs a tad "As someone who has tried to kill themselves and partially-succeeded, and whose had 'Family' members who have succeeded, I guess it's just hard for me to understand why it bothers others so much." shrugs and closes their mouth,

Kinaed says, "Firstly, it wasn't really a change in terms of our view - rape is heinous and not allowed. Period."
Niamh states to Vicannia, "That's a reasonable viewpoint. I just think it's important not to invalidate how other people react to trauma."

Niamh claims, "Everyone is different, etc."
Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "Secondly, this is a highly sensitive issue. I think people are inclined to get the scary hormones going when there's likely very little to be afraid of in practical terms. I expect TI to still be a mature game people can play on with relative comfort. I hope."

Merick says, "Hmmm."

Temi states, "We do not want sexual predatoriness playing out on the game, and we don't expect to see more of that. And we think the change with consent will make it more clearly opt-in. You never have to opt out."

Kinaed says, "I'd like to let the shock and fear of a change in this policy to just wear off before we talk about it too deeply, because I think a lot of things people worry about are worries, not realities. I hope TI policy has earned some trust in the sense that we are looking out for player interests."

Coluber asks, "If this policy change doesn't help, and does convolute the actual issues, staff will be willing to revisit the policy?"

Haizea claims, "Someone has already use the rumour system to levy accusations against groups who dont want this in their rp"
Kinaed claims to Coluber, "Yes, we always do."

Vicannia says, "Would I say I trust TI Policy, not exactly but I trust the people meant to enforce it to do so without bias, which to me is a bit more important."
Coluber claims to Kinaed, "That's been my experience with all of you. Thanks."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, another pause whilst I collect some comments and say something if everyone can bear with me?"

Temi states, "But with people who are happy with their romantic tension RP and don't label it as rapey themselves, we don't want to constrain people from saying that that looks uncomfortable to them and responding ICly how they feel about it, without being told their interpretations are invalid because policy is as it is."

Temi shushes.

Kinaed claims, "I feel like I have to disclose some stuff and how this went down in the best interests of everyone who is looking at this. This means saying things that staff usually don't - that is, disclosing what we know about a situation involving other people - but I think if I don't say it, then misconceptions that really, really need to be corrected will be allowed to thrive, and this is not in the best interest of TI as a whole."
Addienna nods.

Kinaed says, "As many of you may be aware, Veilus, Maerilin, and Lelu had some RP. There was, to my knowledge, nothing intrinsically sexual about the RP, there was no rape, nothing like that. Nothing that would touch policy. This is probably public knowledge, so I may not be disclosing anything inappropriate either, but I don't know, hence my earlier comments. To my understanding, which is supported by a few people, Maerilin made a pass at Lelu, was rebuffed, and Veilus found out about it. Maerilin proceeded to act "childishly" about being rebuffed - but again, nothing really sexual is going on. As I understand it, ALL THREE of those players were having the time of their lives with the RP. No one was upset."

Kinaed says, "I'm not done."

Kinaed queries, "A third party completely unrelated to the RP rocked up and said "Isn't this against rape policy"?"

Kinaed claims, "At that stage, I had no idea what was going on because I'm not around TI very much when I'm working, and when I am around, it's at top level. So I said "I don't know what's going on, I'll investigate." I asked the three of them, and the above that I told you is what they all told me. All three of them."

Kinaed states, "So I went back and said "No, it's not against policy""

Kinaed states, "This is why the rape policy was clarified. Because it was extremely open to interpretation, it was shutting down RP, and it seems as if some people believe that rape is sexual harassment (which isn't okay either, but we have OTHER policies about harassment)."

Kinaed questions, "The reasoning I came to around it was - what if I said yes, it was against policy? What's the effect?"

Kinaed claims, "The effect is everyone telling Lelu she can't say someone offended her sensibilities or to say that Lelu and Maerilin can't fail at pursuing a romance."

Kinaed has transferred Margaux. [OOC]
Temi gives a cotton sack embroidered with a battle of fierce songbirds to Margaux.
Gothan is idle.

Merick says, "Hate to interrupt can I get a trans out"
Merick has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Anyway, I thought about all of the historical cases of "bad romantic behavior" we'd had, and how they went."

Kinaed states, "And how we had to deal with it."

Kinaed states, "WE had an incident of a player, with another player's OOC permission, put his hand down the player's pants. She screamed inappropriateness ICly even though she'd OOCly agreed."

Coluber claims, "Ew."

Ofelia states, "-.-"

Haizea claims, "Woof"

Kinaed trails off, "Hmm, maybe I ought not to go down the list of things that went into this decision..."
say I sort of hope that player got banned.

Klaetela states, "I sort of hope that player got banned."

Vicannia rolls shoulders "Well with current real life cases, in the US at least, I'm not surprised people would interpret sexual harassment as rape."
Kinaed queries to Klaetela, "The one who put the hand down or the one that screamed about it?"

Klaetela claims, "The one that screamed about it."

Kinaed says, "The one who screamed did end up banned, but for other issues."

Diana asks, "Can I say something really quick? just two seconds?"
Kinaed says to Vicannia, "I'm unaware of them."
Kinaed states to Diana, "Sure."
Vicannia claims to Kinaed, "It's... a tad ridiculous some of them."

Eirian states, "I am okay with letting things cool off for a week, and I would like to see those other topics get some attention during the 15 minutes we have left."
Kinaed says to Eirian, "I think that's a good point."

Diana says, "I feel like this is a fairly simple thing, that has gotten mixed up for some reason. The policy should be fairly simple. Well in my oppinion. That as long as everyone involved is oocly okay, then it should be okay. The rp I mean. As soon as anyone says oocly stop, then it goes away. I mean, that's fairly simple. As far as ic reactions, I think that icly any of that kind of rp, should go forth in whatever ic manner it goes forward, as long as everyone, oocly are feeling comfy."
Kinaed nods at Diana.
Gothan is no longer idle.
Gothan has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "That's the best case scenario. I think it is hard to achieve."

James is with Diana on that.

Ofelia states, "In the interest of full disclosure. My problem is a lot more about what came to light for me during discussions on the forums (which is a lot more in the vein of why I was against the policy change in the first place), as well as remembering how long it took to get Timotheo/etc. banned. I am wary, that in the situations where people were so uncomfortable with the idea of OOC repercussions that they could not speak up a consent command is not going to help. I am also wary of an environment where people do not feel like they can come to staff when they are put off and then have no other recourse with their RP as a result. That bothers me. An yeah, what Eirian said."

Kinaed states, "And on that note - I guess what I'm trying to say is that a lot of historical policy and the affects of said policy were what we considered, and we wanted to try to make it better, so we did."

Vicannia also has to second diana's stance
Haizea nods at Ofelia.
Kinaed nods.

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's move on."
Kinaed claims to Klaetela, "You're up next :)"

Temi states, "We would definitely like to address any issues with anyone feeling uncomfortable about coming to staff. We try to be fair, but we understand this is rough at times, so if anyone has ideas on that, do feel free to come to us later or send thoughts on why people are, etc! For now though, continuing, yes."

Klaetela says, "I'd like to propose considering that being an Orderite should provide more IP or thus the ability to influence things like rumors or gambits. I feel like from an IC standpoint having an Orderite need to trade XP for a huge amount of money to have coded social influence doesn't make the best sense. If you have an Orderite PC who is arguably doing things like holding mass even if it's arguably off-camera (because I'd heard actually holding one IC is hell) or just generally adominishing people, it feels difficult to rectify the docs/IC feeling that being called out by the Order should be a big deal when in coded systems you've got not a lot of pull."
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Temi states, "Hm. Getting an extra IP for being an Orderite, like for being a noble or guildleader, might make sense"

Kinaed states, "Being an Orderite does provide more IP."

Eirian states, "Does it? I only know about the XP bonuses."

Vicannia states, "Truthfully while I think this is a great idea, it will likely change little as it seems the issue lies with people's perception of the order, mor so than the actual power of the order."

Kinaed states, "I believe it does, yes. I'll confirm with Azarial."

Bertrand claims, "I would say more IP after a point. A bishop/Inquisitor is going to have a lot more influence than Joe Acolyte."

Haizea says, "You also get 1qp per week for logging 5 rp hours on your orderite"

Kinaed says, "That said, it may not be balanced well."

Ofelia claims, "Yeah, enough in a way that doesn't negate hustling for support would make sense."

Margaux claims, "Honestly, I think that people could be more thematic with some of their rumors. Order bashing and getting through it unscathed, not really in theme."
Haizea nods at Margaux.
Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Ofelia questions, "(Oh god. If there is time can we do a rumour PSA?)"

Kinaed claims, "Report rumors you see like that, we remove those comments."

Haizea says, "Rofl our weekly rumour psa"
Kinaed says to Ofelia, "There is, go ahead."
Ofelia states to Haizea, "We have to do it for Az's wellbeing."

"Fearing the order?" Vicannia Laughs "Ha why should I fear the order?" rumors in summary [Vicannia]

Kinaed claims, "Then - Rothgar, you're up."
Coluber says to Kinaed, "For real? Awesome."
Haizea nods at Ofelia.

Rothgar says, "Word"

Rothgar claims, "It's a long pre-typed, hold onto your butts."
Kinaed questions to Ofelia, "Wait, what did I just agree to? A public service announcement about rumors, right?"

Ofelia says, "Yes! (I'm sorry Rothgar, I will be quick!) So just to remind everyone that if you keep a rumour going, it's a promote. Even if you disagree with it, because you are still talking."
Ofelia claims to Kinaed, "Yep! That was it."
Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Ofelia exclaims, "(A quash is 'Shaddup! Bring me a beer!)"

Kinaed states, "Unless your comment is designed to shut down the rumor, it should be a promote."
Kinaed nods at Ofelia.
Nalien is idle.
Haizea nods.

Ofelia states, "That was it for the weekly rumour PSA."

Kinaed claims, "Might be worthwhile to just make it all promotes."
Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Niamh highfives Ofelia.
Kinaed pontificates to Rothgar, "Rothgar! :)"

Rothgar claims, "Alright, word. Hold onto butts, loved ones, etc."

Rothgar states, "I'll keep it quick. We've had a few characters coming back to TI - myself included - and we've had a lot of 'this character was involved in this case a long time ago, lets get them back on that and bring all this shit to light.' Let me say now : I believe that makes sense. Lawful characters are GOING to investigate old cases. They're GOING to look into that. However, just two things I want to point out to people. One : there's absolutely nothing wrong with tossing your hands up and saying 'frak it.' I did that... What, Friday? Investigating the three-month-old case wouldn't solve anything for anyone, and it was getting OOC'ly infuriating. Two, and then I'll shut up : Be gentle and understanding. I know that this goes without saying, but there are times where people genuinely don't remember what you're asking about. As an example, Rothgar was generated as a PC when cnotes didn't even exist - my first cnote is from 2015, and you can be damn sure that I don't remember a THING from the circumstances surrounding it. Just... Remember that when you're in a position of power on this MUD, you can absolutely make life an Arien nightmare for people without even realizing it. Be chill with one another and remember to shoot along tells and the like if you're getting stressed."

Rothgar says, "I just wanted to get that out there. I remember just being a normal Joe on the MUD, and now I'm one of the oldest and most seasoned IC Inquisitors on the team. It's absolutely crazy, because I only JUST realized that even with a few errant words in RP, I can just kill off characters. Just keep an eye and an ear out, and remember - sometimes trying to be good and virtuous just isn't effing worth it, man. Sometimes being the Good Guy isn't even worth it. Just chill. Try to be cool with people. Be mindful of how much power you exert over someone's RP and all that. And that'll do it for me! Sorry if I made anyone mad or anyone feels like they're being singled out, that is truly not my bag."

Rothgar states, "Also, briefly, I just wanted to issue an OOC apology to TPB Veilus, Maerilin, and Lelu all for the above reasons. I went into my RP blind, and I'm still blind, and while my investigations were IC, I know they can get tiresome as shit. Thankfully, they were all SUPER nice to me about it, informed me of it, and I found an IC reason to give it up - you guys are awesome, and I'm sorry for tugging your dicks so much about this entire situation."

Rickart claims, "Well the quash helps people who don't care for the rumor to try to knock it down a notch from the auto-repeating NPCs"

Rickart reads all of that
Addienna hugs Rothgar.

Vicannia says, "Amen to the second part rothgar! Sometimes it feels like people forget the power they do hold.."

Kinaed states, "Okay, thanks Rothgar :)"
Kinaed nods at Vicannia.
Addienna says to Rothgar, "I am glad you're back. I love your rp, regardless of character, and Rothgar is soooo fun. "

Kinaed pontificates, "And next up - James!"
Haizea nods at Rothgar.

Rothgar makes a thumbs-up, hugs everyone who likes him.

James claims, "My idea isn't as ground-shaking as everyone elses."

James says, "So a decent sized problem is that alot of Knights, Reeves, Gentry, Nobles will go down into southside, they have to kill their way to wherever their goal is, which leads to minor rp but doesn't seem to be much in my opinion. So it occurred to me that Southside isn't supposed to be safe for non-freeman(which is wy npc's attack) and part of that is that usually some people can get to where they need with little to no problems, do what they need to do, which alot of times is getting something they shouldn't be able to get from an npc. So I was wondering, can you just turn off Npc's ability to sell to non-freemen? Icly it makes no sense that the npcs would sell to them since none of them want anything to do with nobs and such. And it adds another layer of rp since now the only way for a non-freeman to get something from down in southside is to interact with one."
Coluber has lost link.

Margaux states, "With great IC power comes great OOC responsibility."

Kinaed muses, "I think we can. You mean that a prime reason people go into southside that ought not to is because of stuff being sold down there?"

Haizea states, "That and the dolphin girls"
Niamh grins at Haizea.
Niamh says to Haizea, "Them flimsy shifts."

Temi says, "I think it would require a code change, but would make sense."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ofelia claims, "Those lecherous gentryfolk."

Vicannia muses, "How would that work for say... a gentry who manages to get into the brotherhood?"

Eirian says, "Huh. Mobs that won't sell to certain classes. Interesting idea. I kinda like it."

Temi says, "And not be a big one."

Ofelia states, "(But yeah, I like the idea.)"

Temi claims, "I assume the code check would allow gentrythieves."

Kinaed claims, "I agree, if they're willing to jump you, they probably won't shy at saying 'Sorry, shop's closed" when you come by."

Niamh claims, "I think guild membership supercedes that stuff."

James claims, "Drugs, illegal things sold in various shops, etc, now if gentry+ can't even get a drink, there's no reason to go down there"
Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Ofelia states, "Yeah, guild membership supercedes the lethal mobs too."

Kinaed says, "They ought to be hiring someone to do it for them or bountying what they want."

Haizea claims, "Do nobles really go down to southside/"

Niamh states, "Suicide by lice. o.o"

Temi claims, "Usually only ones with weapons."

Haizea scoffs and fans herself

James states, "Exactly"

Ofelia claims, "And IMO gentry thieves should prooobably not slumming it up in southside unless they have to be there."

Margaux has never been to Southside.

James claims, "I've had one of my nobles go down there."
Kinaed claims to Haizea, "Gosh, I hope not."

Vicannia trails off, "Has actually hired freemen to get him firebreather before..."

Rothgar states, "A bunch of people who shouldn't be in SOuthside go to SOuthside for RP, items, and the like."

Vicannia states, "Before brewing wasa thing"

Diana muses, "Yeah, but we can't bounty either, isn't it like a big no no illegality?"

Temi says, "Nope."

Kinaed states, "No, bountying is open for everyone."

Haizea muses, "Wouuuld it be the worst thing ever if we got rid of the beggar disguise?"

Diana claims, "That's what I was told on visnet. That it was illegal."

Kinaed states, "It's not illegal to post a job up on the board."

Temi says, "Bounty system is not inherently illegal."
Margaux says to Diana, "Just don't get caught putting out a death warrant. :)"

Niamh claims, "Bounties are anonymous, too. Might be dealing with the Brotherhood, but-- yeah."

Haizea says, "The beggar disguise has always been hugely immersion breaking for me"

James says, "Bountying is like Craigs list. You might get murdered, but it's more or less legit."

Ofelia claims, "And the bounty system is hopping right now. Probably not all freefolk."

Kinaed states, "Sounds like someone gave you bad information, I'm sorry about that."
Kinaed nods at James.

Eirian says, "I have a lot of love for Southside and wish I did have a legitimate reason to spend more time there. >_>"
Temi muses to Haizea, "Because people aren't using it ICly? Or using it as intended?"

Diana claims, "Wait, so bounties aren't illegal? Just a clarification. Because I was going to put up a bounty for things, but then I was told that bounties are inherently illegal and yeah."

Ofelia claims, "I miss my horrible southside freeman and his enormous nose (and wobbly rat on a stick)."

Kinaed says, "Because i offered double QP, to post bounties, I think *cough*"

Vicannia states, "Bounties are not illegal."
Ofelia says to Diana, "They're not illegal, but the brotherhood gets a cut."
Haizea trails off to Temi, "It just... doesn't make sense that it would be a thing people just do, dress up like beggars to go do business in southside"

Niamh queries, "Something I've noticed that's been alarming: People murdering or severely wounding Southsiders and not leaving moods or cnotes. Is this required, Kinaed?"

Klaetela claims, "Maybe the help file needs to be tweaked, I always saw it as like the board with the index cards outside the grocery store"

Kinaed claims to Diana, "You're safe to post a bounty. It's anonymous."

Eirian claims, "The Brotherhood gets a very small cut, presumably for keeping the system going."

Haizea questions, "I mean cause you just go buy disposable beggar costumes? maybe if it were like a thing you had to RPA for?"
Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Cnotes, moods, etc. Illegal activity on TI is intended to require moods."
Niamh nods.

Eirian claims, "Or allowing it, or whatever."

Kinaed states, "And cnotes."
James says to Kinaed, "About a week or so ago, someone asked if bounties were illegal on visnet, I think players said yes, they are illegal. This seems to have led to confusion, I meant to ask imms later."

Niamh claims, "Just a PSA, then: Be aware that the NPCs in Southside are people. They count for murder."

Kinaed states, "Stuff to let people who are seeing the results of the activity some idea of what they're RPing at least."
Margaux secures her rapier, the base clicking solidly.
Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Diana states, "Yeah, it was me!!! A couple weeks ago. Yeah, it was me asking if it was. lol"

Vicannia questions, "Is it illegal activity if it's in self-defense? not sure about the full details behind the murdering and maiming of southsiders"

Ofelia says, "And killing southsiders will probably not getting you in awesome with the BCG."
Kinaed states to James, "Thanks for letting me know. I'll make a post to clarify"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. Any more PSAs?"

Temi states, "That's up to the interpretaton of the Reeves."

Eirian states, "Well, you could have a bounty that requires something illegal, for sure. But bounties are not by default illegal."

Niamh says, "If you're in Southside and shouldn't be I'd say you're asking for it. Murdering them is still illegal."
Niamh nods at Temi.

Rickart muses, "I remember that visnet: It was mentioned that ICly bounties mean your character has interacted with the brotherhood in a business arrangement, so for a variety of chars that would be not somethign they would do. Quite different than just a coded way to put up a notice on the board saying "Hey anyone seen my sword?""

Niamh says, "What Temi said."
Kinaed nods at Eirian.
James says to Vicannia, "It's not illegal if you can PROVE it was self-defense."
Margaux claims to Diana, "Rule of thumb: use bounty freely. If you're asking for someone to do something illegal, then you're committing a crime yourself to do so."

Ofelia states, "^"
Kinaed says to Rickart, "Nope, it means you've interacted with an anonymous broker."

Diana declares, "Oh this si great!!! Thanks!!!"

Haizea says, "I dont think its supposed to be common IC knowledge that the brotherhood is running the bounty board"

Diana declaims, "Made my day!!!"

Kinaed states, "You don't interact with the brotherhood, though even being IN the Brotherhood isn't illegal. Stealing is."

Ofelia says, "So bountying lavender seeds, probably cool. Bountying Temijul, highly illegal."
Kinaed nods at Haizea.

Temi says, "Aherm. Being in the brotherhood is illegal."

Haizea claims, "The brotherhood icly pretends to be a loose collection of disorganized street gangs"

Kinaed claims, "It's like when you walk into the town hall and there's a community board there."

Temi claims, "It's criminal involvement. That was an IC change made years ago... though could potentially be changed again."

Ofelia says, "Yeah I feel like that was established IC. The BCG membership being illegal and whatnot."
Kinaed claims to Temi, "That changed? Apologies."
Vicannia claims to Haizea, "It wasn't always like that, and it seems to change from time to time"

Margaux states, "The brotherhood tends to pretend something different based on who is Tenebrae."

Kinaed states, "Keeps flipping."
Haizea nods at Margaux.

James muses, "Is there time for a quick question about what general theme would be about something going on publicly in game?"

Haizea says, "Also true"
Kinaed claims to James, "Sure."
Temi says to Kinaed, "Yeah, originally it wasn't, been then the Reeves were all hanging with the brotherhood knowingly and openly and going 'but it's not illegal'"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Rickart claims, "That's good ot know then, Announce would definitely help people who heard the wrong visnet"

Kinaed says, "Oh yeah, I remember that. Then we had to actually code separate them because the Tenebrae was like, the Proconsul or some stupid stuff. I remember."

Vicannia smiles wistfully "Still remember making a deal with the brotherhood as proconsul... that was a fun time."
Temi nods at Kinaed.
James asks of Kinaed, "So there's the whole duel theme going on(fun times with that). With the response to the original duel by Haizea, wouldn't everyone pretty much think the person just through in the towel and so Haizea is right and gets what she wants?"

James states, "Threw in the towel*"

Kinaed claims, "I would imagine so, if you ignore a duel it's bad for your honor."

Ofelia muses, "Pretty sure that's a rule of dueling. But do we have a dueling code IC?"

Haizea claims, "Someone fight me"

Haizea sobs

Margaux states, "No code, so it is all social ramifications."
Eirian claims to Haizea, "Okay."

Gothan claims, "I'll fight ya"

Kinaed states, "That said, I've been sort of mildly hashing out a reputation system. The problem is, every game I've ever seen do it did it poorly."
Rothgar says to Haizea, "Hoi."
Haizea grins.
James pontificates to Haizea, "Did, sort of, you just won!"

Vicannia will happily fight haizea. Pays for a really good champion

Ofelia says, "Not like.. code-code. But dueling rules, I guess. 'Code Duello' and whatnot."

Niamh asks, "Might depend on culture and personal outlook, but generally speaking not answering a duel is viewed poorly?"
Kinaed nods at Niamh.
Niamh nods.

Eirian questions, "Speaking of hashing out systems, what's the status on Assets?"

Haizea claims, "There are duelling rules posted outside the reeves HQ"

Kinaed claims, ""COWARD" would be in the back of most people's minds."

Rickart says, "It was mentioned earlier: she started speccing it twice but RL got in the way"
Ofelia claims to Haizea, "Well dang. I don't hang around there enough. Thank you."
Kinaed states to Eirian, "Incomplete."

Kinaed claims, "It's good enough that, if I drop the asset games, it can go into implementation."

Eirian declaims, "I have no Court income. I need more assets!"

Kinaed says, "So I probably will drop that aspect and give the rest to Az for implementation just to move it"

Kinaed states, "Okay, we're over the hour - and I have some obligations today."

Eirian says, "Thanks for the meeting, all."

Kinaed states, "Thank you for attending everyone."

• Information