7th January 2017, OOC MEETING

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Skrellian

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the silence for a no, but if you think of something as the chat progresses, please send me a tell. I'll add you to the list."

Kinaed claims, "To kick off Staff Updates, I'll start."

Kinaed has transferred Coluber. [OOC]

Kinaed states, "Last week, I handled an awful lot of policy."

Kinaed claims, "I don't think I did anything major besides that, maybe processed the request queue and whatnot. I'm back at work, so scarce again. *sadface*"

Kinaed says, "I've got Jail Automation and Assets in my focus. I might ask another staff member to round out Assets."

Temi comforts Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "That's all for me. Azarial, you're up. :)"

Azarial says, "Let's see"

Azarial claims, "Bugs, crashes, disease frobbing, rewrote who and somnii, added cups"

Kinaed states, "Nice work."

Herim raises a hand for a question.

Kinaed asks of Herim, "Yes? :)"

Herim muses, "What's Somnii?"

Kinaed claims to Herim, "It's a spell mages can use to spy on people."

Herim states, "How scandalous. Tainted beasts. :/"

Kinaed claims, "It uses a protocol similar to snoop, but only allows IC information to be seen. We have been having some problems with it for some time."

Almaz nods.

Nalien wonders, "May I ask if regnancy has been updated too, along with Somnii, since regnancy spy is basically the same thing?"

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Anything else to add? I don't see anything major to mention on the changes board."

Teagan drinks from a heavyweight cup engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice.

Azarial states, "Not that I recall. I'm drawing a blank on anything awesome."

Azarial says, "Just a lot of refactgoring"

(visnet) Player Melania: Can I come?

Diana drinks from a heavyweight cup engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice.

Kinaed has transferred Melania. [OOC]

Niamh gives a set of tin cups engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice to Melania.

Azarial states, "It has been updated as atag along, as it uses the same code at the level i was working"

prompt
You will no longer see prompts.

Kinaed states, "I'm guessing it would have automatically gotten a facelift."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Nalien claims, "Awesome :)"

Diana drinks from a heavyweight cup engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice.
Diana discards a heavyweight cup engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice as empty.

Kinaed states, "A lot of the refactoring we're doing is because we had some crazy crashes start hitting us last week. This is because we had some Old TI code that ... well, sadly, it was bad code. Memory leaks are darn hard to catch, so Azarial started tackling some longterm rewrites at low levels."

Azarial says, "Plus they just weren;t doing their jobs"

Kinaed states, "Meaning up top, the way things work won't change much, but how things work underneath (theoretically nothing changes up top) will change radically."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Almaz nods.

Kinaed says, "The goal is to make TI more stable."

Azarial says, "Killed quite a few string leaks this week."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi says, "Well, those all deserve to be squished without guilt."

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Anything to add before we move on to Temi?"
Temi nods in agreement with Azarial.

Azarial claims, "Replacing unsafe strcpy usage, making sure strcat truncates properly, etc etc"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Coluber claims, "Thanks for all the hard work. We appreciate it."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed applauds for Azarial.

Niamh nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Azarial claims, "Welcome"

Kinaed says, "In truth, it's probably the least fun a programmer can have - rewriting other people's old crappy code 'cause it's broken."

Azarial claims, "Someone has to do maintanence."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Rickart shudders with memories.

Kinaed states to Temi, "Okay, you're up. :)"

Sansi has lost link.
Sansi has reconnected.

Temi claims, "I've been busy! Ran the butterflies last weekend, did the usual RPA and plots bits."

Melania loved the butterflies.

Kinaed claims, "I heard good stuff about the Butterfly plot. Thanks for participating, those who did."

Sansi was also a fan!

Teagan states, "It was really fun."

Temi says, "Set up the helpfiles and things for the new cups (tutorial later for those who want), which included adding like... seven new recipes."

Temi states, "And switching several existing recipes over."

Haizea shows off a glass-top, silvered box, showcasing a ravidoroa butterfly

Temi claims, "And work on the patch up of diseases."

Sansi claps for Coluber's butterfly.

Sansi claps for Haizea's butterfly, not Coluber's.

Temi says, "Az and I worked to get a related spell in, and I've got a list of other suggestions for disease, but I just posted them last night for review, so no staff comments yet."

Temi states, "And I think that's most of what I've done."

Haizea says, "Ooh"

Coluber states, "I don't have a butterfly! That quest sounded like loads of fun though. I'll catch it next time it comes around."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Ismael and I were discussing we may bring it back again. The parts are reusable."

Haizea states to Coluber, "It is my hunting trophy"

Temi says, "Not every IC year, but maybe every OOC one."

Haizea says, "That i got someone else to catch for me because im lazy-- i mean delicate"

Temi claims, "Since this isn't the usual path of the butterfly migration and all.."

Temi declares to Kinaed, "But I think that's all for me!"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks :)"

Sansi says to Haizea, "<3"

Kinaed declaims to Niamh, "You're up!"

Niamh says, "This week I put together a very small mini-quest in the Farin Quarter, fielded day to day requests, typos and recommends, and finished revamping the NPCs in the Palace, Memorial Gardens, North Lithmore, and the Market Sector. I also went through and tested the heck out of the Southside lethal mobs and warning mobs, and was able to narrow down why they aren't behaving the way they should be (see: face-stabbing) with certain characters. This coming week I'll be starting on revamping Southside NPCs, and completing the mobprogs for some new interactive NPC types that'll be lurking about Lithmore soon. I intend to finish rewriting all the active mobile descriptions prior to creating the new ones, but it shouldn't be terribly long until then."

Herim cheers for Niamh, his gembuddy.

[OOC] Grommit: "Reminds me of that old DDR song...ayie ayie ayie I'm your little butterfly, green black and blue..."

Niamh declaims, "Annnd, that's it!"

Niamh smiles at Herim.

[OOC] Starling: "Love it"

Sansi claims, "Ah! I guess I'll have questions for that with my char."

Kinaed states, "Thanks for all of that, Niamh. Excellent."

Kinaed says, "I should have been that succinct too. Oh well :)"

Kinaed questions, "Alright, any questions before we move on to Player Heartbeat?"

Rickart states, "Question for Niamh"

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Niamh asks of Rickart, "Yessir?"

Rickart wonders, "Who should get stabbied? Specifically with regard to Order membership. Are freemen Pages safe? Squires? Is it just actual knights+ along with gentry+?"

Almaz states, "Freemen knights are fine"

Azarial states, "Looking at adding tools to make sure knights are filtered back out again"

Niamh states, "Correct, but they shouldn't be."

Niamh claims, "Knights, Reeves, Gentry and Nobles should all be face-stabbed."

Almaz wonders, "Oh? i thought southside had IC reason to be wary of knights but since southside wasnt thematically supposed to be a haven for mages, they tolerated certain knights"

Sansi asks, "What about pages?"

Niamh states, "The hole we found is that Freeman Knights weren't being face-stabbed, and they should be. As they're classed as Order, it stopped them being thematically shanked."

Almaz nods.

Rickart nods at Sansi.

Kinaed claims, "It was easier to allow it than to code for Knights when they were merged with the Order."

Niamh nods.

Kinaed states, "But we can code for Knights now, so we intend to plug the gap."

Empena has lost link.
Empena has reconnected.

Gothan exclaims, "Fair enough!"

Temi states, "Since priests should be welcome in Southside."

Almaz nods.

Rickart states, "Right just wondering what rank the cutoff is so can tell people"

Niamh nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "They just don't like armed enforcer sorts coming in and telling htem how to do stuff."

Kinaed says, "I think it will be full knights and above."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Rickart nods at Kinaed.

Selenia says, "I had not understood myself that knights were thematically not welcome in southside."

Niamh says to Kinaed, "I think it's supposed to check for subrank Knight, specifically. Pages and such shouldn't be affected."

Almaz claims to Sansi, "Our time is over"

Kinaed says, "And the area was created specifically, thematically, as a lawless area. The knights often act as law enforcement, unofficially."

Sansi states, "Okay cool! Thanks."

Rickart states, "Saw the general post and our freeman squire was unsure if he should stop going"

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Kinaed states, "I wouldn't hold it against a player until the changes kick in anyway. We'll announce."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, folks - how was RP last week?"

Rickart nods.

Selenia is having fun.

Sansi exclaims, "Pretty good!"

Herim exclaims, "Great! I also managed to get some damn awesome restrings for me! Niamh can attest to that!"

Selenia says, "Yes."

Kinaed smiles.

Gothan claims, "Good! Getting a lot done as Gothan at the moment."

Haizea nods.

Nalien is taking advantage of 15 silver training rooms before he gets face-stabbed.

Kinaed wonders, "This is good to hear. Everyone enjoying the game? Anything shitting anyone?"

Rothgar makes a thumbs-up and gives a grin. "Lotta new faces, some old ones. Been good to see what's what this week."

Haizea states, "I was kind of disappointed to learn we only get one background connection now after i'd already used mine"

Haizea claims, "But i actually dont hate that so people arent rolling in like 6 deep with allies"

Sansi muses, "15 silver training rooms? Ooh"

Melania states, "You get more than one. just one free one. "

Kinaed states, "Ahh, I should have mentioned that because I have to update the help file. We're moving to players only being allowed to have one background connection on grid because the QP charging system isn't working out. Staff are supposed to be cumulatively charging QP so each BG connection is more expensive, but it seems like we don't have the hang of that or charging appropriately - and honestly, it's not really doing the job that we wanted - which was to keep players from making OOC connections as the first port call during chargen."

Kinaed nods at Coluber.

Kinaed says, "That was to Haizea."

Haizea nods.

Diana wonders, "Wait, so we can only have one background connection period? Ever?"

Temi states, "Only one active. If something happens to them, you can get anothr."

Temi claims, "All the other connections are made in play, and that's a-okay."

Kinaed says, "Basically, the reason this came in was because, back before we had rules around background connections, we had a player who would create ties with 6+ people in chargen and walk in with more authority and power than long established characters."

Nalien claims, "Sounds like a wonderful change to me."

Teagan says to Nalien, "Agreed."

Kinaed says to Diana, "On active background connection."

Haizea claims, "Yeah i like the change"

Melania says, "Interesting. "

Diana states, "Huh interesting. "

Kinaed claims to Diana, "So if your pal goes inactive (long term, 4 weeks inactive where you can request them wrapped up if you have outstanding RP with them), then you can get another."

Empena muses, "If we had one in the works already, will that be okay?"

Kinaed says, "If your connection goes inactive, and you get another, and the original connection re-activates, that's fine."

Haizea queries, "So we dont have to wrap people up in order to get a new bg con?"

Haizea states, "The option is just there"

Kinaed says to Empena, "Provided you have no active background connections, it's fine, but if it means multiple active bg connections, no. We'd prefer you meet ICly and start a relationship in-game."

Kinaed nods at Coluber.

Kinaed trails off, "That's to Haizea... *cough*"

Haizea nods at Kinaed.

Haizea asks, "Aaand (sorry for so many questions) are antagonistic background connections still separate?"

Kinaed says, "Yes, antagonistic background connections are just fine at any time."

Haizea nods.

Kinaed states, "It's more people skipping the IC legwork of building their network that we're concerned about."

Empena states, "I've never had one, but wasn't sure the other person might already, not sure. Which there is that too, ours might fall into an antagonistic category. "

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Kinaed claims to Empena, "We can discuss further offline."

Azarial says, "Though slipping back into relationships you had on a (dead) alt is a bit of crossover"

Kinaed claims, "Er, outside of the meeting."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Empena nods.

Azarial says, "Same as apping back into a role with a different alt, and the like"

Kinaed says, "So, anyone else want to tell us about how their week went, or if something about the game is currently bothering them? If not, we can move onto Player Topics."

Azarial states, "New name, new face, new friends, new job."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Teagan states, "Have a player topic for when the time comes."

Kinaed declares to Teagan, "Adding you to the list. You'll be topic #3, please pre-write your topic to be ready to introduce it when called upon. Thanks!"

Teagan nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Okay, kicking off Player Topics, I received a tell with a request to raise this one."

Kinaed states, "The player is dissatisfied with the RP requirement to be able to Finish people."

Teagan claims, "Agreed on that. Seems a bit high, and diminishes the danger aspect of the world."

Kinaed claims, "This RP requirement, I'm not sure if the player is aware, is dropped by a tell to staff member if it's self defense - ie, if Bob sees me casting a spell and is running off, I can kill him. But for RP premeditated murder, the game requires a certain level of familiarity with your target to ensure that RP is actually going on there."

Almaz nods.

Kinaed nods at Teagan.

Gothan claims, "In what way? I know the victim would be quite dissatisfied on the other end if they suddenly got shanked in the teeth out of nowhere, but little roleplay out of it. I would be quite upset about that OOC'ly."

Teagan says, "Knowing code prevents some thuggish PC I meet from finishing me off makes anything they do a lot less scary or high stakes."

Kinaed claims, "The requirement came in due to some poor behaviors where, well, to be blunt, we had people logging in and just running around killing people."

Rickart states, "Seems reasonable but I haven't had any contact with it"

Rothgar states, "It's one Arien of a conversation to have."

Selenia claims, "I myself find this RP requirement is important, since we're here to RP. Dying is not much fun, dying without RP, is, hum, useless."

Teagan says to Gothan, "Agreed, honestly. I wouldn't like that either. But, there are already checks in place for that, right? PK policy."

Almaz claims, "I've been on the recieving end of low-rp pkill and it sucks"

Kinaed claims, "Right now, the way it works - you have to earn 1000 RPxp with a player before you can FINISH them."

Diana claims to Selenia, "I agree with you. Dying, is really not fun at all."

Kinaed claims, "You can beat them into a pulp and leave them for dead, etc, but cannot actually enact a pkill until you've earned 1k RPxp with them (which is what we term familiarity)"

Nalien claims, "I think there are already enough systems in place to stop abuse of the finish command. The requirement makes it so that every killer has to personally know their victim, which I'm not sure is/should be necessary. There are legitimate RP reasons why someone might not know their victim very well. "

Teagan nods at Nalien.

Selenia states, "A pvent is 3000 rpxp, is'nt it? 1000 rpxp sounds fair for the killer, compared to Pvents."

Almaz claims, "A pvent is 300"

Rickart says, "300"

Kinaed says, "1k is fairly low in terms of - you can earn it by RPing with someone over maybe 10 hours. It does a good job of ensuring that people know who they're killing, at a minimum, and therefore forces that the parties have RPed together."

Sansi claims, "Yeah, I mean that kind of thing seems fine thematically with a game like Armaggedon, but not with TI. TI is all about intrigue and RP, you know? It focuses a bit more on story."

Diana states to Selenia, "Yeah, I agree with you."

Kinaed states to Selenia, "I think pvents are 300 rpxp."

Teagan states, "Nobody likes to be killed, myself included, but there are plenty of story relevant reasons to not know a victim prior to killing them."

Temi states, "And you don't have to know the person personally before it."

Rickart is here because it's less pk-y than Armageddon, among other reasons

Temi states, "You could kidnap someone you've never met and taunt and torture them for 1000rpxp before you finish them off."

Azarial muses, "And not everyone has a absement or armoire they can stuff a chained up victim to torment untiul the have enogh fam?"

Nalien claims, "Kidnapping is much harder to pull off than killing someone"

Temi nods in agreement with Nalien.
Diana states to Rickart, "Exactly, some of us, me included, are here because it's not pk all the time, and some random person can't just come up to you and kill you. Especially considering this mud, it's permadeath, and once you're gone, you're just gone."

Teagan states, "Nobody's suggesting there be PK all the time."

Kinaed says, "I agree there are plenty of story reasons to kill someone without directly RPing with them - but I'm not sure it's in TI's best interests for that sort of stuff to be happening given how arbitrary it can feel to the receiving player, the loss of creativity, and the minimal issue of actually just RPing over the 1000xp if you want to kill someone not being that hard."

Coluber is idle.

Nalien questions, "What about an assasin or a jilted lover or a loyal retainer?"

Diana claims, "Yes, but my point is that once your char dies, you're just gone. It's permadeath. it's just all gone, and so I feel like those safeguards should be in place."

Selenia claims, "Yes, story reason have to worth for both parties, not a single one."

Temi says, "Jilted lovr should be a-okay."

Teagan claims, "They are, in PK policy."

Nalien says, "Obviously there should be a reason for every death, but not every reason I think should be direct between two players."

Temi says, "Lovers should develop at least 1k."

Temi grins.

Temi says, "As should a loyal retainer."

Sansi nods at Selenia.

Temi says, "Assassins are made difficult by it, though you can stalk them and learn their ways and whatnot."

Kinaed states, "I think a real assassin spends some time obsreving someone, getting to know their habits and schedule, etc, before striking. 1k rpxp, I repeat, is pretty easy to get."

Teagan states, "You're probably more likely to be PKed by the Order without anywhere near 1000 hours gained between you and the executioner than you would be randomly, with or without the 1000 hour requirement. :P"

Azarial states, "1000 rpxp earned with someone, not hours"

Kinaed states, "But I can do a few things around this - firstly, I can run a player poll and see how the pbase at large feels since we seem to be pretty divided."

Teagan trails off, "Right, XP. Not hours. What a weird brainswap..."

Sansi declares to Kinaed, "Sounds a good idea!"

Kinaed claims, "Secondly, we can put a caveat in the help file that PKs with less than 1k fam may be approved by staff upon request with a decent explanation as to why the rule ought not to apply."

Haizea nods.

Teagan states, "That would probably suit both parties pretty well."

Kinaed claims, "Something of a safety valve option for our assassins, and gives staff time to pre-evaluate whether or not the story is valuable enough to warrant an exemption."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Because someone is losing their character, we want to make sure they are getting RP out of it."

Rickart has lost link.
Rickart has reconnected.

Sansi pontificates, "I like it!"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nalien says, "Sounds good to me"

Temi states, "Whether that's in the drama that leads up to wanting to kill them, as a part of the death, or whatnot."

Kinaed claims, "Then again, I've always been one of the more bloodthirsty staff members. I don't mind Armageddeon-style murder-you-because-I-don't-like-your-face stuff."

Kinaed says, "But TI just hasn't evolved that way."

Temi states, "But we don't want people to feel fearlessly safe either."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nalien states, "But I think staff has made it clear than you don't need a personal reason to kill someone, merely a legitimate reason"

Kinaed states, "That's true. This is intended to be a dark, dangerous world."

Sansi states to Temi, "I understand that too"

Kinaed nods at Nalien.

Teagan claims, "Wouldn't like that, but I would like to feel like the world is dangerous (with reason!)."

Diana says, "Yeah, that kind of stuff bothers me. The armagettan stuff. Especially with permadeath... that's just me though. Not a big fan of conflict."

Nalien says, "And I don't see how the 1k xp rule prevents anything that the Cnote rule doesn't."

Haizea states, "I like that TI hasnt evolved that way but i dont know if it feels safe"

Teagan says to Nalien, "What Nalien said."

Kinaed states, "That is true - one does not need a personal reason to kill someone, merely a story legitimate one."

Kinaed says, "I back that absolutely to the hilt."

Kinaed nods at Haizea.

Selenia states, "It would be easier for me to accept random death if achieving a character on TI would not take an IC year."

Haizea states, "The story at least has to balance out the time you put into the character"

Kinaed nods at Selenia.

Temi claims, "Yeah, it doesn't need to be personal, but it's personal to them dying."

Kinaed states, "Like I said, TI evolved the way it is because of the style of storys we do, etc."

Teagan states, "I don't think anybody's advocating for random death, tbh."

Kinaed nods at Teagan.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Haizea nods.

Rickart "I wouldn't necessarily like that particular style Kinaed, and I'm glad it's not quite that bad here to be honest. I realize people have different preferences for character longevity etc, but if I felt it could be over fast because someone got mad and they decided to hire an assasin, I don't know if I'd feel nearly as motivated to keep playing when it can all disappear like that."

Rickart nods.

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Kinaed claims, "I honestly think the fear is bigger than the reality. We've had... maybe 3 assassination plots on TI ever."

Rickart nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "And in 2 of those cases, the hired assassin knew the victim pretty darn well and did it partly for personal reasons."

Kinaed says, "Heck, we have never, EVER had a poisoning."

Teagan asks, "How does the 1000 RPXP thing work with poisoning?"

Kinaed sadfaces.

Haizea wonders to Kinaed, "But 10qp to the first person who enacts one right?"

Teagan wonders, "Say if I dropped a lethal poison into someone's drink. Would they not die without the 1000rpxp between us?"

Rickart comfort's kinaed's dark and twisted soul

Nalien claims, "I think poison should just be a straight roll"

Kinaed says to Teagan, "I think it's bypassed. It's code we threw in to keep people from murdering people out of chargen. Used to be a twinky problem."

Azarial states, "They woudl get the rpa death roll"

Teagan begins to move north.

Nalien states, "To be fair, I'm also one of the more blood-thirsty players and I have killed people 'randomly'. So I'm a little biased when it comes to this."

Teagan slows to a halt.

Teagan nods at Kinaed.

Rickart trails off, "Well we have a Joffrey right...so..."

Kinaed says to Nalien, "Poison is a staff-handled roll."

Haizea states, "And even random death aside i tend to advocate not pkilling someone unless their story has really earned it, like, not for small personal reasons"

Temi says, "Lethal poisons aren't quite 'oop, die'."

Nalien states, "I meant without all the bonuses."

Gothan steps away from Nalien

Azarial states, "'help deadly'"

Kinaed claims to Nalien, "Me too, btw, re bloodthirsty and killing people mostly randomly."

Kinaed coughs and scuffs.

Kinaed says to Haizea, "That's one thing I think should deserve some emphasis."

Teagan states, "I'm not blood thirsty at all. Never been a PKer of any variety. But the world would be very, very boring without those who are."

Rickart says, "As someone who prefers longterm single PCs, people like that make me feel frustrated :P"

Rickart says, "I haven't felt bored yet by the lack of death but I guess people have different preferences. Tons of scary stuff going on"

Teagan nods at Rickart.

Nalien states to Rickart, "I too play longterm single PCs, but personally I believe there has to be a sense of risk to feel a sense of reward"

Kinaed says, "Story-wise, people often jump to murder and Pkill pretty quickly on a mud. But... sometimes it feels far fetched for a real, non-sociopathic character. "My boss asked me to get them a cup of coffee! I'm not their damn servant, I'm going to KILL them!" kind of stuff."

Almaz claims, "I was saying on order chan i finally feel like afraid for my character's life just because she's a knight"

Almaz claims, "(in a good way)"

Teagan pontificates, "What Nalien said, again!"

Almaz nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Irl, there's a reason there's very few murders - people aren't actually wired to be able to kill other people without either sociopathy or brutalisation (that's why Army bootcamps were notorious, etc)"

Rickart claims, "You can't handle the truth."

Gothan trails off, "That has been a recent trend Almaz, its been pretty dangerous to be an orderite in recent months-- which has diminished a bit lately beacuse we've actually got a bunch of active members, but at the time we were dropping like flies..."

Haizea states, "If almaz dies im pulping her body into rpxp and building a fortress"

Teagan claims to Haizea, "Ewww"

Rothgar has to talk with the Order, that'll be fun.

Haizea grins at Teagan.

Kinaed claims to Gothan, "In dropping like flies - what do you mean? As I recall, there's only been a handful of Orderite deaths. I think we've had more people drop due to going inactive or quitting because of the mood that was around than actually PKed by bad guys."

Kinaed claims, "When I say a handful of Orderite deaths, I mean... in 15 years, maybe 5 Orderites actively murdered."

Empena is idle.

Empena is no longer idle.

Teagan asks, "The big baddie only killed one person as far as I know. Was just a lot of fear going around, stressful atmosphere and such?"

Empena has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Teagan.

Temi says, "But yeah, I think with having staff available to make exceptions in times where the story allows for it, with the knowledge that giving the person dying story is a general expectation of it, I think we're good."

Rickart "Do people just retire their chars then? Every time I leave and come back the knights are completely new faces?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I'm fine with that."

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Haizea nods.

Rickart nods at Kinaed.

Gothan claims, "There were a couple that got killed, but mostly we were getting attacked and jacked up pretty badly on regular basis-- and then a bunch of people left, and it became really dangerous to do any Knightwork beacuse there was zero backup. This has changed now though."

Kinaed states, "For the most part, yep."

Kinaed nods at Gothan.

Teagan says to Gothan, "It's because Gothan's all tanned and handsome and Earl Marshall."

Almaz says, "Who wants to marry me and take care of my phome so i can go do knight work"

Temi states, "Most Orderite deaths have been with their 'please kill me' involved."

Teagan nods to self.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, we're going to go over time, and I have more topics - shall we get to them? :)"

Kinaed wonders to Haizea, "Why don't you introduce your topic to us?"

Haizea says, "Mine is just a plug: i wrote a book of parlour games, adapted to fit the code/mechanics and theme of TI, and it went into the grand library yesterday! in case you're ever at a loss for what to do with 3-8 people. there's a version of mafia with the bcg/reeves that has a rule variant called The Inquisition. its super meta."

Haizea drops a brightly-decorated and often-opened book of parlour games.

Haizea claims, "That is allllll"

Niamh grins.

Gothan exclaims, "Zomg!"

Nalien claims, "Wait, I want to play The Inquisition in the Inquisition"

Kinaed questions, "Oh, thanks for doing that, Haizea. Have you been awarded your 'I wrote a book for the game!" QP yet?"

Haizea nods at Kinaed.

Gothan pontificates, "Blushing Maiden! Sounds fun!"

Haizea states, "The inquisition is like, two people in a group are secretly mages, and there's one inquisitor"

Rickart states, "She lives for that QP reason, Kinky"

Kinaed states to Nalien, "Someone wrote a tabletop RP ruleset for IC D&D-style stuff *cough*"

Kinaed claims, "That didn't make it into the library, sadly."

Haizea states, "At "night" the mages decide one person to die, then during "day" the group has to convince the order who to pyre about it"

Nalien claims, "Hahaha"

Teagan declaims, "Town of Salem!"

Haizea says, "Er, the player who is the inquisitor i mean"

Haizea says to Teagan, "Yeah :D"

Gothan says, "That would be hilarious to have the Knights play it. "

Nalien declaims to Gothan, "Please! Please!"

Selenia claims, "That sounds really fun."

Gothan says, "It would come to blows"

Haizea claims, "Sooo it's in the library, scribe a copy if you like"

Kinaed claims, "I actually played Werewolf on TI once... hmm. Anyway."

Teagan faints.

Kinaed declaims, "Check out Haizea's parlor game book in the library!"

Haizea gets a brightly-decorated and often-opened book of parlour games.

Sansi smiles happily at Kinaed. "Yessss"

Kinaed muses to Teagan, "You registered for a topic - can you kick us off with an introduction?"

Teagan says, "Would it be possible to have a command added that allows cyan characters to return to the chargen area? Nothing fancy, maybe something that logs so Staff can see it's been used, but doesn't require a Staff member to manually do it."

Herim nods.

Kinaed states to Teagan, "Er, yes. It's in the works, just, er, never got around to it."

Teagan claims, "Ah! Well, excellent then. :) No further topics from moi."

Kinaed claims, "Wow, that was quick to get through three topics."

Haizea trails off, "You can play parlour games ... to get your 1000rpxp for murder"

Sansi congratulates everyone.

Haizea says, "Its the vandagan way"

Kinaed nods at Haizea.

Teagan rofls at Haizea.

Gothan claims, "You die in the game, you die for real "

Nalien says, "It's all about the Knighting ceremony"

Almaz states, "Oh yeah my baby boy is growing up"

Almaz claims, "Go to rickart's event after this"

Nalien states, "All a cover for me getting 1000xp on you all"

Rickart claims, "Legendary xp for all"

Rickart says, "We'll give it 15-20 mins or so for people to change etc"

Sansi claims, "WOOT"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, folks. We've spilled over the top of the hour. Thank you all so much for coming to this week's OOC Chat."

Teagan waves.

Sansi declaims to Kinaed, "Thank you!"

Gothan claims, "Lets hope Gothan doens't accidently decapitate Rickart."

Teagan discards a heavyweight cup engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice as empty.

Melania waves.

Empena waves.

Teagan claims to Gothan, "Please don't. He's my only friend."

Kinaed says, "Just a few final plugs - please regularly vote for TI to help us attract players to play with you."

Rickart grins at Gothan.

Kinaed states, "If you haven't written a review of us lately, please do."

Teagan puts a set of tin cups engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice in a canvas artist's satchel, cushioned with green tartan wool.

Rickart says, "Teagan is awesome but I never see her anymore :'("

Melania puts a set of tin cups engraved with Crossed Swords on a Chalice in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Teagan claims, ":((("

Kinaed declares, "We get a lot of love from Reddit references to us for some reason, so if you can post a plug on Reddit, thank you!"

Kinaed exclaims, "And on that note - I'm going to put everyone back. See you all next week!"

• Information