Log of OOC Meeting - 12/17/16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Azi

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Alexander claims, "I've something hopefully small, please."

Nem says, "I have a few things, moment to slist"

Nem claims, "List*"

Carys waves.

Kinaed claims, "Incidentally, I don't really seem to be on the ball today, so my apologies if I'm not ... er, on the ball."

Kinaed states to Alexander, "Got you."

Kinaed states to Nem, "Got you."

Kinaed has transferred Cicero. [OOC]

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else have a topic for today's OOC Chat?"

Rickart claims, "I guess me if you're not already putting an update on pooling on the list"

Kinaed states to Rickart, "I'll put you down, sure :0"

Kinaed exclaims, ":)!"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anyone else?"

Alyce declaims, "I have found out how to log now!"

Aessa says, "Small item."

Nem says, "1.Getting healing while "inactive". 2.Weirdness with sleeping/resting while on the water (+meditation) 3.Pooling knowledge while in the astral/rpxp there"

Kinaed claims to Aessa, "Got you."

[Troubadours] : Rumor 28 has been quashed!

Alyce says, "I wouldn't mind saying a couple words."

Alyce claims, "But it will be super short and brief."

Kinaed states to Nem, "Please hold your topic until we get to player updates - but you can write up introductions to each. When you introduce them, please introduce your topics one at a time."

Kinaed states to Alyce, "Okay, got you too."

Nem nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Alright, Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I tweaked the speed for pooling combat upwards, for both trainer NPC combat and sparring combat."

Kinaed says, "I hope to hear some feedback about how that went, though I think Rickart's topic will enlighten us. I'll update it again until we get to a comfortable place."

Kinaed states, "This week, I don't expect to be around much, but my priorities are still Jail Automation and Assets."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up."

time
It is evening on Circadi, Maritus (Month 3) 24.
In the Sun Cycle of the Lord: 372.
Arien is new, rising low in the east.
Balathumel is new, rising low in the west.
Circadnanoth is waning gibbous, setting low in the west.
Lunare has set for the night.
Elliueh has set for the night.

Next week, the Chalice Rising Festival holiday is slated to begin on Maritus 28th.
(OOC: Begins Sun December 18 2016 20:22 and ends Mon December 19 2016 20:22.)
The Spring Awakening holiday is less than a month away, slated to begin on Aprilis 1st.
(OOC: Begins Mon December 19 2016 20:22 and ends Wed December 21 2016 20:22.)

Azarial claims, "Working on updating bans so we can see who came in where for tracking purposes. cleared a few bugs, and trying to get tenebrae as a valid target for gambits and the like."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "Which is going to be delayed if I dn;t get it done by monday, as the net is being shut off."

Kinaed states, "Boo."

Kinaed claims, "Incidentally, there is a change that dusting people didn't break invisibility/sneak - it does now. So thieves and mages beware."

Alyce queries, "Dusting?"

Kinaed says, "The deal command with regards to cards has also been fixed (we think, it needs to be tested)."

Kinaed says to Alyce, "Throwing bags of contact poison in people's faces, that sort of thing."

Kinaed says, "Help dust."

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Anything else to add?"

Alyce says, "Ahh sweet."

Nalien has lost link.

Azarial states, "Not that I can think of."

Niamh gives a scorched candle carved like the Hollow Globe Theater to Nalien.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi claims, "Okay, nothing terribly interesting. The usual RPA and plots and questions and such."

Temi says, "But nothing to call out."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Ahh, but it's the lifeblood of our game, so thank you for the effort. :)"

Temi states, "Looking at ideas for something fun for New Years, so I will try to post something before we get up to that."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "And that's about me."

Kinaed pontificates to Ismael, "You're up!"

Niamh gives a scorched candle carved like the Hollow Globe Theater to Cicero.

Ismael says, "This week I've continued my general duties in the request board, however yesterday was a null day for me because of RL issues. Other than requests, I have recorded setting up a noble, helping a new GL, clearing some boards (general maintenance and trying to finish old stuff I didn't ever finish), I've been trying to stay active on visnet to help players. I also have some typos recorded, some recommends, little bit of mapping too.

I've also started a project to redo the University for realism and lore. I hope to work on that this week. I submitted a general guideline and project scope that was approved so I'll now try to bring something of quality that is interesting to explore. I also have to launch the monthly plot, and I am sorry for the delay! It will be done the range of 1-6 days."

Nalien has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "Oh, this reminds me - I've seen a couple of people pop up on the typos board saying they've hit their 500 hour RP mark and it's time for staff to write some lore or whatever about them. If you get CC'd on a note like this, PLEASE edit it with some information or what you think would make some good lore about your character."

nod
Haizea nods.

Alexander states, "Is that new? Actually wasn't aware of that."

Empena claims, "I didn't even realize that was a thing."

Kinaed questions to Ismael, "Anything else to add?"

Ismael exclaims, "Nope!"

Rickart queries, "I can save it until we have question time after but I'm not entirely sure what that means (I'm one of the 500s). Are we talking like updating help player <name> or adding a direct help <name> or is it more like an IC biography book object? giant equestrian statue at the crossroads? ;)"

Merick asks, "UmI don't seem to have that note now, do I just send something to the req board?"

Kinaed says to Alexander, "It's been around for awhile, but you have to hit 500 RP hours on a character to get contacted. It happens every 500 hours, so if you hit 1000, you get two lores in your character's honor, 1500 is three, etc."

Hunapo questions, "So I have over 4000 hours, does that mean I need to do multiple? "
Alexander states to Rickart, "I'm assuming they mean city lore."

Kinaed says, "It's about us recording our history and making sure long standing characters are remembered in some way."

Merick claims, "I know just what I wanna put up too lol"

Temi says, "City lore or some other 'permanent' sort of momento."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Rickart trails off, "Oh...I have never used that"

Nalien says, "This makes me wish that"

Nalien says, "Oops, sorry. Wrong window"

Alexander says, "Think I left enough, without having to dig for how many hours I had on my past characters. =P"

Kinaed claims to Rickart, "It can be whatever you like, really, provided it adds to the game's atmosphere and background. Lore is usually a story about a character, linked to a place, that can be read with the city lore command. That skill is related to knowing the game's history, etc."

Alexander declares, "Cool to know, though!"

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Alyce says, "A giant phallused statue."

Merick claims, "Oh god lol"

Kinaed claims to Alyce, "We already have one of Dav like that *cough*"

Rickart says, "Okay I guess I'll look for some lore entries around the city and see what they're like then work up something"

Niamh asks, "WHAT?"

Kinaed says to Niamh, "In the Temple of the Cult of Transcendent Ecstasy."

grin
Ismael nods in agreement.

Haizea grins.

Niamh faints.

Kinaed states to Niamh, "I challenge you to find it."

Niamh states, "You'll know when I have. I'll be unconscious and afk for an hour."

Ismael nods in agreement.

Merick laughs.

Alyce grins to Kinaed "I am so happy to hear that."

Kinaed claims, "Heck, first player to find it, I'll give you 5 QP. Pboard me from the statue room."

Ismael laughs.

Alyce asks, "The cult has a temple???"

Nalien declares, "Yep! "

Alyce fervently goes in search of this.

Kinaed claims to Alyce, "Yes, of course. We're all about interesting RP backdrops."

Hunapo rolles up his sleeves and dons his exploring pants.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, we're getting a bit sidetracked..."

Kinaed queries, "That's all of the staff, right? Is it time for Player Heartbeat?"

Rickart says, "Phallus statues will do that"

[OOC] Icarus: "This is almost as cool as that one time I found an underwater ballroom..."

Alexander says to Hunapo, "Hint: It's the cleanest, dirtiest temple you can find."

Kinaed asks, "How has the game been this week, folks? Enjoying your RP?"

nod
Haizea nods.

Onreon claims, "Hunapo, exploring pants aren't really a thing to wear while looking for the cult of transcendental ecstasy."

Kinaed says, "No, it's not."

Nalien chuckles at Alexander.

Niamh laughs.

Kinaed says, "I, er, skipped Niamh! I am so sorry."

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Please update us, and I'm sorry."

Barcus is idle.
Maerilin is idle.

Alyce claims, "It's nice to be back on ti. Many may recall work made me dissapear a lot. I am now going to be around a lot more"

Kinaed smiles at Alyce.

Onreon claims, "Same."

Kinaed states, "Work makes me disappear too."

Niamh claims, "This week I fielded request and typo notes as they came in, finished updating a few years' worth of our older help files for formatting and accuracy, added in a couple new crafting recipes, and rebuilt the Saint Celeste Mercy Almshouse -- new props, descriptions, and some other things. This coming week I intend to start fleshing out the city's NPCs with descriptions and behaviors, with the intent being to make them feel more "living.""

Nalien claims, "Ah, winter break. Same"

Alexander exclaims to Niamh, "That's awesome!"

Nem claims, "Quite a bit! On both my characters, though some things I will bring up make it tough at times for one in particular."

Kinaed wonders, "Wow, all of that in one week?"

Niamh is a busy bee.

Kinaed wonders where she can find another Niamh.

Alexander claims to Niamh, "Super excited to see more traditional 'builder' things in the NPCs."

Niamh states, "\o/"

Niamh pontificates to Alexander, "Me too!"

Kinaed nods at Alexander.

Alyce states, "Please give the queens barman a super badass beard."

Carys begins to move up.

Carys looks around for something to climb, then gives up.

Niamh wonders to Alyce, "How badass are we talking here?"

Rickart states to Carys, "No, bad mami"

Kinaed claims, "Maybe I should start giving out a weekly prize to the 'most impactful staff work' or something."

Onreon says, "I have an aside question"

Kinaed states, "Of course, it is hard to measure."

Kinaed muses to Onreon, "Yes?"

Rickart claims, "They might fall over themselves to get it and into burnout territory"

Alyce says to niamh Like make him the envy of every freeman punk.#

Onreon questions, "Is graffiti toolable?"

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Niamh exclaims, "Looking for feedback on the Alms house, as an aside. If anyone has a look and explores around a bit, please let me know your thoughts!"

Diana says, "Excuse me," before running after a passerby.

Kinaed states to Onreon, "I have no idea. That's probably a Xinoe question."

Onreon says, "Well it's no-pickup and it spawns in the room."

Alyce claims, "I'll give it a gander Niamh. Let you know what I think.. though it may just end up being 'it gud'."

Temi states, "I believe it's intended to be toolable."

Niamh smiles at Alyce.

Rickart claims, "It is toolable. I've tooled it. But anyone can tool it, not just the maker before it's finished. Haven't tried to figure out if anyone can retool and what the price is"

Niamh claims, "Thanks."

Rickart states, "You can tool it while it's in the room, no need to try to grab it"

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Can you make a note to investigate how graffiti works, and if there's a problem with it?"

Alyce asks, "There's graffiti?"

Kinaed nods at Alyce.

Kinaed states, "I think it's part of the new Art commands."

Temi says, "Sounds like it may be good. But I'll give a double check."

Alyce puts on her 'been here a year and knows nothing about TI' cap.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed comforts Alyce.

Nem grins.

Temi says to Alyce, "That's new in the past week! It's not you."

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, is anything shitting anyone about the game that staff ought to know about?"

say not particularly

Haizea states, "Not particularly"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Nalien claims, "Niamh isn't speaking Eld"

Niamh says, "Filthy, filthy Eld."

Alexander claims, "Well, not necessarily shitting, but I'll include it in my player topic."

Merick states to Kinaed, "Code wise? not me."

Onreon states, "I'd just like to add an excited aside that it is fantastic to see mercantilism in the game now."

Kinaed claims, "I think Niamh stopped speaking in a color so as to be stealthy from my reading her says. *sage nod*"

Kinaed smiles at Alexander.

Niamh beams.

Onreon claims, "Haggling didn't seem very intuitive with no real way to raise it from 0 and I love the change."

Nem queries, "Mostly stuff in my player topic I think, if thats the right way to say that?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, well, I guess on that note - Player Topics."

Nem rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Temi nods at Onreon.

Temi says, "Seems to be a well received change so far. I know I'm liking it."

Kinaed muses to Alexander, "You're the first in my list. Please introduce us to your topic?"

say i like mercantilism

Alexander pontificates, "I would love for a new round of testing to the stealth skills (stealth and hide) in hopes of making some small tweaks to the math behind the code. Currently, I'm having a lot less success than might be ideal for balance, and from what I've gotten from others, I'm not alone in thinking such. Also, I'm curious if dexterity is considered in the roll for a successful sneak/hide at all? I haven't gotten a chance to discuss that with Az. I would promote this as a fairly high priority, as it is an existing system that one entire part of the our Pbase depends on (the part that's usually giving you antag), and that isn't particularly useful in it's current (perceived) high likelyhood of failure. Of course this perception might be entirely wrong. Hence the testing!"

Haizea claims, "I like mercantilism"

Alexander says, "And also, I'm biased."
Gypsy has lost link.

Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.

Alexander is a shady character. >.>

Kinaed says to Alexander, "I'm happy to see that happen. Stealh has been on our radar, but never quite makes it. I have a staff member who was quite interested in it, but didn't really seem to pick up the ropes and charge."

Diana says, "Sorry, scrolled and went idle. yes, graffiti is toolable, I did it. Sorry if that's an old question. Sorry."

Aessa claims, "The more balanced the stealth systems are the more likely stealthy types are to make delicious trouble for us, so I'm all for that."

Onreon claims, "Y'all were talking about tweaking it around this time last year iirc."

Kinaed questions, "Staff in this room, does anyone want to take stealth and work with Alexander/other interested players, to try to improve our stealh experience?"

Gypsy has reconnected.

Ismael declares, "I would be happy to!"

Merick declaims, "You sneaky buggers touch my stuff, I'll cut off your fingers!"

Merick grins.

Kinaed states to Ismael, "Okay, thanks."

Alexander claims, "Great! That's that, thank you."

[OOC] Ilara: "Did I miis the ooc chat?"

[OOC] LovePuffs: "Ongoing"

Kinaed wonders to Ismael, "Can you get a spec for updates on the Staff Board (or in a stealth spec ledger) by Saturday, Jan 1st?"

Alexander states to Ismael, "Put up a note on when you want to do testing and I'll do my best to make it."

Ismael claims to Alexander, "I will send you a tell soon."

[OOC] Grommit: "You can read the log for what you missed but you can still come and get your commemorative item"

Ismael nods at Kinaed.

Alexander nods at Ismael.

Kinaed says to Ismael, "Thanks. I think this one needs a deadline."

Ismael starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Alyce says, "I'd be happy to also assist Ismael."

Onreon wonders, "There's a commemorative item this time?"

Kinaed states to Alyce, "Thanks."

Rickart waves a scorched candle carved like the Hollow Globe Theater(off) at Onreon

[OOC] Ilara: "Oh, okay."

Ismael finishes his note.

Alexander says to Kinaed, "Agreed. It's something that often slips through, and deadlines do make things a little more static."

Ismael declaims, "Thanks, Alyce!"

Kinaed claims to Ismael, "Please make sure to talk to all interested players - perhaps hold a separate OOC meeting about stealth directly."

Ismael states, "I will do that."

Ismael starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed queries to Alexander, "Did you have anything else to add?"

Ismael finishes his note.

Alexander claims to Kinaed, "I could probably think of something ;) But I'll leave it at that for today."

Kinaed smiles.

Alexander claims to Kinaed, "Thank you."

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Alexander."

Onreon claims, "I have a weird lore question for whenever"

Kinaed muses to Onreon, "Yes?"

Onreon questions, "Are we under the pretense that the urth is flat?"

Nem smiles at Onreon.

Kinaed says, "Not something discussed. I'd say it's ambiguous."

Onreon says, "I just assumed since the university was mentioned that there'd be some mention of things like that."

Kinaed states, "Lithmorrans really only know about what you see on the overhead map. Anything further is unexplored."

Nalien creates a character named Ptolemy and starts teaching science

Alexander says to Onreon, "I'm fonder of a triangle shape, but quite honestly only philosophers really discussed those sort of things. It doesn't come up much in active play."

Kinaed says, "We can ask the university improvements to consider medievial questions/rumors like this and take a stance."

Alyce claims, "Teach fake science Nalien. Even more fun."

Carys claims to Nalien, "I think I burned the last scientist. x.x"

Nalien says, "That's what I meant. Ptolemy got everything wrong."

Kinaed questions to Nem, "You're next up. Please introduce us to your topic?"

Niamh trails off to Carys, "Well -somebody- had to do it..."

Nem queries to Kinaed, "I had three basic ones to ask about, is that fine?"

Kinaed states to Nem, "That's fine, just ask one at a time instead of all at once :)"

Nem claims, "First up, my character is in a situation that prohibits much rp, pretty much total solo character as of right now, though that will change in the future. The biggest problem with this I have faced (I deal with the rpxp problem with a social alt) is the fact that I do not get my healing of wounds for the day. This slowly adds up to becoming very, very wounded without any real way to heal it beyond going and rping with someone for an hour. Some way to heal massive wounds for "inactive" characters would be fantastic."

Carys exclaims to Niamh, "Civic duty, really!"

[OOC] Ilara: "Can I join then...please?"

Cicero claims to Nem, "I am in that same boat with you"

Aessa agrees.

Kinaed has transferred Ilara. [OOC]

[OOC] Kinky: "Done"

Cicero states, "Roleplay has ground to a stop."

Merick says to Cicero, "Gotta get you outta that stop then"

Evrald declaims, "I didn't get a candle!"

Kinaed asks, "Why not go to the hospital and look for RP?"

Carys gives a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick to Evrald.

Niamh gives a scorched candle carved like the Hollow Globe Theater to Evrald.

Evrald laughs.

Rickart claims, "EM and LJ are both on vacation this weekend"

Evrald states, "Thank you both."

[OOC] Ilara: "Thank you Kinky!"

Aessa states, "Haven't had much luck there myself. And it does get very, very repetitive, when you do get a hit from a Physician. :/"

Cicero says to Kinaed, "I've been in jail since the 13th. Can't leave."

Kinaed says to Cicero, "Hmm."

Diana says, "Yeah, I for one can empathize with people who are stuck in one place, for one reason or other. It's... not the most fun."

Kinaed asks, "Can I take this one away to discuss with staff?"

Kinaed nods at Diana.

Nalien queries, "Do wounds need RP to heal?"

Nem says to Nalien, "Yep"

Rickart claims, "Kinky meant Nem I think. As far as physicians what you need is a messenger to 'physicians'. Because my own PC and the Prime are both super active and speaking for myself would love to see more patients"

Kinaed claims to Nalien, "I don't think they actually do."

Diana claims, "No, they don't. you just need the things to cure them. codedly I mean."

Nalien says, "I know they have to be treated if you want anything like speedy recovery"

Kinaed claims, "I think it just makes things MUCH EASIER if you have RP."

Onreon claims, "As someone who's been in jail more times than he can count, jail is not fun. Period."

say you need to be rp active for wounds to heal

Haizea states, "You need to be rp active for wounds to heal"

Aessa nods at Haizea.

Hunapo claims, "I am of the opinon that if you are forcing your character into hermitage then your wounds should heal slower unless you have some medical training. The jail issue is something else entirely."

Kinaed nods at Onreon.

Nalien states, "But I'm pretty sure I've healed up while hiding in caves"

Onreon states, "And the reeves and/or knights always want to get their RP in for everyone, which means long stretches of RP drought "

Diana states, "Yeah, Hun has a point too."

Nem states to Kinaed, "Dont get your healing for the day at all if you aren't rp active according to the helpfile"

Cicero wonders, "And wait, you need Roleplay to heal? So you'd be wounded forever if you can't ICly see a doctor?"

Aessa claims, "I donno. Different people play for different reasons and enjoy different things."

Kinaed claims, "Hence our jail automation stuff, gah. I need to get on that. It's like every other major spec - half written and stalled."

Azarial states, "Hp will. wounds will not."

sayto hunapo i agree; hard part is if you have a hard time getting active
Haizea says to Hunapo, "I agree; hard part is if you have a hard time getting active"

Nalien says, "RP active is not a high bar"

Nalien claims, "Even if you're in jail"

Alexander states, "I've been in jail tons. Always been decently enjoyable. I'm also firmly against anything that's an 'automatic jail' system, and would rather have open-facing jail cells so you can get RP from the public. Or just promote more RP in some other way."

Cicero says to Nalien, "It is when you have literally 0 rp partners."

Azarial claims, "Not a doctor, jsut any rp. treatment reduces the overall recovery time."

Onreon says, "I might add that having an active RP gain bar while in prison would fix most of the problems."

Empena asks, "The documents on the jail implies folks will be provided with medical care, perhaps there should be a way for Physician types to go visit there in some limited ability? "

Kinaed claims to Alexander, "The automatic jail system is a series of reminders for people to make arrangements, etc."

Evrald trails off, "I felt like I was stuck in jail during one of the plots about going to start the plains settlement... there was almost no RP, the people I were expecting to go didn't make it so I was stuck with people I didn't know for a long duration then other stuff happened and I was just glad that it was over"

Kinaed states, "Some policy reminders, etc."

Diana states, "Right, we can't, because it's a guild key thing."

Nalien says, "Yell on the jail channel. I'm sure if you asked nicely people would stop by if only to remind you of your sins"

Alexander declaims to Kinaed, "You literally chose the most misleading name for that!"

Alexander states to Kinaed, "I thought it was something totally different from past discussions, but I left soon after."

Alexander says, "That's great though. I can get behind that."

Nem muses, "As for taking it away to discuss with the staff, sure? Two other topics to bring up, but that one is the biggest i think hehe"

Kinaed states to Alexander, "Only thing I could think of. Automatic posts on the Personal Board when someone is arrested, then reminder notes if RP is falling below certain levels, etc. No actual IC action."

Alexander nods at Kinaed.

Hunapo claims, "I also think there is a problem with Reeves/Knights in that if you get to arrested, we want to ask you questions and interrogation scenes done correctly can take a looooong time."

Hunapo states, "And frankly we can't trust you shady types to stay put."

Onreon states, "That's exactly what I said."

Onreon says, "Everyone wants to get their licks in, as it were."

Alexander claims to Kinaed, "I think a revamp of the Tower to include some way to allow them to RP with the public (maybe an NPC who lets the public in for supervised meetings) would also be great. Usually, if you put more responsibility back on the players, especially a guild like the Reeves, it won't end well."

Kinaed muses, "I feel a bit like this is getting away from me in terms that I'm not following everyone is saying. In terms of getting a good outcome - is the issue still wounds or are we talking about jail improvements?"

Nem claims, "Wounds, for me."

Cicero says, "Both for me"

Onreon raises a hand
Kinaed says to Alexander, "We want to do that, but codewise, it'll take work to allow it."

sayto alexander i would love prison visitors
Haizea states to Alexander, "I would love prison visitors"

Alyce trails off, "Visiting prisoners would give me a use for the rotton tomatoes at the warrior's way..."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well... jail stuff needs improvement, and we know it."

Evrald questions, "Something something... conjugal visits?"

Niamh facepalms.

Onreon says, "Kinky I have a suggestion to make the jail situation easier on the player."

Evrald shrugs and goes back to humming along.

Kinaed states, "I think it should wait until we've had a pass of jail automation (and I know it's taking awhile, so I'm sorry about that) to discuss. But if we keep discussing it, we're kind of beating a dead horse until we can get improvements in, which aren't happening overnight."

Alexander says to Kinaed, "On Az? I think a low-key mob script might work rather than a coded system. Even jst letting them in with the current guard there and disallowing RPA to break them out in that way. But yeah, getting a bit away from the core of the discussion."

Onreon says, "...That's imprisoned."

Kinaed claims, "With regards to wounds healing, I'll discuss with staff and the Physicians."

Kinaed wonders to Onreon, "Can you write them up in a post please?"

Kinaed muses to Onreon, "Maybe on the forums?"

Onreon says, "Certainly."

Evrald says, "I've never really had issues with healing wounds by the way Kinky."

Kinaed declares to Onreon, "Thanks!"

Kinaed nods at Evrald.

Nem states, "Ok! Onto the second topic then since thats somewhat settled. It deals with rest/sleep/meditate while on the water. As of right now, at least if you are in a boat you can both rest and meditate while in the water(may be able to while swimming as well). You cannot sleep, however. It seems weird to be able to meditate, but not sleep, as meditate is so similar to sleeping. It may need to be tweaked that you can either sleep while on a boat in the water, or not meditate, to avoid some weirdness there (like people seeing someone asleep in the water and immediately knowing they are mages)"

Kinaed says, "I think this is a situation where the player is isolated."

Kinaed declaims to Nem, "Thanks!"

Evrald states, "And i've had to deal with explosions in a hospital and being a savage so I was the 'last' person to be helped."

Evrald says, "But I was still helped and taken care of."

Kinaed claims, "I'd think all three should be viable in a boat, and none of them viable in water without a boat."

Kinaed states to Nem, "Please bug that and I'll approve the changes."

Kinaed questions to Nem, "What's next?"

Nem states to Kinaed, "Will do."

Nem queries, "To the last thing I wanted to ask about, not being able to use pooled knowledge while in the astral kinda sucks IMO, are there any plans to look at that? As a quick additional question in that vein, I have heard it both ways, but can rpxp be earned while in the astral?"

Kinaed queries to Nem, "Pooled knowledge? Use it how? Pool is passive?"

Nalien says, "It an"

Aessa says, "Can be earned, but the RP doesn't appear to count toward your activity."

Nalien states, "It can*"

Kinaed states, "Ahh."

Onreon claims, "Pool gained in astral drains, physical pool doesn't."
Aessa claims to Kinaed, "I think he means that your pooling freezes in the astral."

Kinaed states, "Bug that please."

Kinaed questions, "Physical pool? There's only one pool...?"

Onreon claims, "Pool gained in physical, sorry."

Evrald states, "Physical being pool you gain without being in the astral."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, like I said, I'm not entirely with it this morning. The brain is functioning sluggishly."

Alexander claims to Haizea, "I might not be able to make your event after all =( RL."

Kinaed claims, "There's only one pool."

Azarial says, "Iunno. i'm not folloiwing it clearly. all tests indicate rpxp pools while in the astral; we;ve had otehr players in the last year watching that rabidly."

Temi says, "Astral is a bit complicated due to creating a separate mob and keeping track of some things while you're real body is doing separate stuff."

Nalien says, "Skills don't improve from the pool in the Astral. "

Nem claims to Kinaed, "As far as I can tell, your pooled knowledge doesn't drain while in the astral at all. You have to be out of it for the knowledge to be used to increase your skills at all"

Maerilin has left the game.

Evrald claims, "So if I go out and spar for an hour and get a bunch of pool in combat stuff and meditate, my pool that I had doesn't appear in 'pool' anymore i'm assuming because you're technically a different character"

Kinaed wonders, "Meaning, whilst in Astral, your skill levels won't go up, until you go back to the main realm and let it process?"

Nem states to Kinaed, "Yep"
Aessa nods.

Nalien states, "Yes."

Barcus is no longer idle.

Nalien claims, "Like an OOC room"

Barcus has returned from AFK.

Maerilin wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Azarial claims, "Shadow walking is prolly the same--you;re switched into something else not a pc"

Kinaed wonders, "Seems like a minor issue to me. What's the impact that it's concerning?"

Coluber has left the game.

Onreon claims, "Quality of life."

Kinaed questions, "Can you explain how it affects quality of life?"

Nem claims to Kinaed, "For mages who spend lots of time in the astral and don't do alot of other things, it means your skills don't really increase no matter how much knowledge you pool gathering nodes"

Aessa claims, "Face to face RP with other mages is high risk and usually involves a lengthy get to know you in the astral. RP takes place there, but you're effectively frozen."

Kinaed states, "I'm getting the impression from Az that, due to the way astral is built, fixing that is probably not really worth the effort."

Carys wonders, "Do you earn rpxp in the astral?"

Alexander claims, "Idle while in the physical realm. HELP KEEPALIVE."

Nalien says, "Yes"

Onreon states, "For one, gaining pool in elemental knowledge, etcetera and filling that pool requires you to leave and process it instead of just lingering in astral and creating RP for other astralwalkers."

Kinaed questions to Nem, "Well, it's an RP game. Go do RP for awhile?"

Alexander trails off to Kinaed, "You know, you could solve it by removing pooling and just having a straight across purchase of skills with XP..."

Alexander grins.

Alexander exclaims, "Everyone wins! Especially me!"

Onreon tsks Alexander

Aessa trails off, "Blasphemer..."

Alexander sits on huge amounts of XP and hates grinding. =\
Kinaed claims to Alexander, "The improvement through use aspect of the game is very important."

Rickart claims, "Pooling makes int/wis feel more meaningful and I appreciate it"

Alyce says, "I like the pooling system."

Rickart says, "And yes, improve through use"

Onreon claims, "Off-track"

Nalien claims, "I actually am of the opinion that XP shouldn't be account wide"

Nem claims to Kinaed, "This is true, like they said its mostly quality of life stuff. It would make my life easier to have em increase even while astraling, but if it would be too much work then thats understandable"

Alexander claims to Kinaed, "I'll take your word for it. Joking, as an aside, regardless. ;)"

Nalien says, "But that's just me. "

Kinaed claims to Nem, "I think it's probably a reasonable request to fix."

Aessa says, "People RP a great deal in the astral. Not being able to process pooling normally while there discourages it from taking place. /opinion"

Temi claims, "I think it's probably going to be a big change to get it fixed to that. Not bad to ask for, but... yeah."

Onreon says, "I'm saying it'd be great to stick around in Astral to roleplay with other mages anonymously."

Alyce says, "I think account wide xp is nice. Means you aren't penalised for taking a break from a char."

Evrald claims, "The only problem with XP not being account-wide is that if you die... You lose all of your work you've spent x-amount of days/weeks/months/years putting in"

Onreon says, "Was always one of my favourite aspects of the skill."

Kinaed says, "I just don't think that as difficult as it is to fix, though,t hat we'll prioritize it"

Kinaed claims, "I am sorry, folks, my family is bugging me."

Nem nods at Kinaed.

Onreon states, "But we're your family too, Kinky T-T"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Onreon.

Ilara states, "Pooling makes you feel like you are actually thinking on it IC, you learn over time and its more realistic that way I think. I like pooling but I'm not sure about the whole astral thing, if you are seperate from your body maybe it makes sense to wait to process the knowledge? I don't know."

Kinaed claims, "They all know better than to bug me in OOC chat, but they just can't resist."

Merick laughs.

Merick claims, "Been there done that"

Ismael grins.

Ilara states, "Family will be family."

Nem exclaims, "Thats all I had for now! Thanks :D"

Kinaed says to Nem, "Thanks for raising your topics :)"

Onreon questions, "As a recap, stealth issues, jail issues, astral issues?"

Kinaed says to Rickart, "You're next on my list."

Azarial states, "Use a squirt bottle."

Carys begins to descend.

Carys has left the game.

Kinaed pontificates to Onreon, "You mean we're not perfect already?! :)"

Onreon claims, "Perfection is an ongoing process, darlin'."

Azarial states, "I would, but I think mine would turn it into a game."

Onreon hairflips

Kinaed nods at Onreon.

Kinaed has transferred Bertrand. [OOC]

Nem starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi grins.

Cicero has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nem finishes his note.

Kinaed pontificates, "Just a reminder - please pre-write your topic introductions so you're ready to go when called upon? Thanks!"

Rickart states, "Right. Anyone else tried trainer pooling? How do people feel about its value compared to silver now with the 1/3rd increase? Unfortunately my data can't be compared to before because I bought a lot of int. Since both sparring and trainer XP were raised by the same ratio, the results still stand however that trainer gains a little faster per unit of time, plus it's easier to do multiples. So it may be that spars could be nudged more than trainers still. But trainers were feeling nerfed so hard that it was painful. The boost helps a decent amount. I wouldn't cut trainers any further if its relative balance to spars needs fixing because it's already a slog even with the extra 1/3rd."

Maerilin has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Ilara states, "I think this game is alot closer to perfect than most. The balance of RP, and code and how you earn your skills through actual practice and training which involves RP...that and the wonderful people are my favorite things here. :)"

Onreon claims, "Though you've done a fantastic job as a whole thusfar with the changes and consolodations of skills and the grid. I am very pleased with the work the staff has been doing on whole."

Evrald states, "I've always thought that Trainer pooling was perfect myself but I'm weird."

Aessa says to Rickart, "Haven't tried it recently, but the rates always felt painful to me :("

Kinaed smiles at Ilara.

Kinaed claims to Ilara, "Thanks."

Alyce says, "As a lower int char I can say I've noticed now that trainer pooling is not as bad now with the 1/3rd increase. But I haven't been able to get a spar in unfortunately."

Merick claims to Rickart, "It may just be me but I'd swear it's slower, could just be a level thing but I may have to go to the next trainer up for longer sessions."

Evrald states, "See. I'm weird."

Onreon grabs the pom-poms.

Merick states, "Otherwise I need two sessions for one level"

Rickart queries, "Have you tried trainer pooling in the last 2 weeks Evrald/Aessa? It was cut back to like 1/5th at least"

Alyce states, "Trainers do now no longer feel 'not worth it'. But definitely not the most appealing of methods (sparring should always be the appealing one anyway)"

Aessa claims, "Ouch."

Kinaed says, "Guys, we need to pick up the pace a bit, I'm sad to say. Haizea's our scribe AND running an event she needs to prepare for after."

Merick grins.

Temi says to Alyce, "That sounds like a goal location."

say <_< >_>

Kinaed says, "I can bump trainers and sparring up one more unit and see how that goes."

Haizea states, "<_< >_>"

Alexander is always in favor of less grinding!

Kinaed says, "Or I can leave it where it's at until we get more test data since it doesn't seem conclusive."

Rickart says, "You might try two on the RP one on the trainer to make the RP unequivocably better if you wouldn't mind"

Alyce claims, "Worth trying kin. If we go too low and too high then we know where our happy medium should be."

Azarial states, "This close to christm,as, the data is likely incomplete"

Ilara queries, "Can I ask a quick question?"

Kinaed claims to Ilara, "Yes."

Ilara queries, "On the Annouce board it say you are looking for nobles, is it just one spot thats open?"

Kinaed states, "I think I'd like to ask that players test trainers and sparring and get back to me before I muck around in pooling again. Maybe I'll get a staff member to do it with another staff member."

Nem claims, "Personally, I feel like working with a trainer is the fastest way of grinding up my skills, having also done quite a bit of sparring. It might be the convience, however, being able to not worry overmuch about emoting and have a long fight is super helpful."

Kinaed states to Ilara, "We have multiple open."

Ilara exclaims, "Okay. Then I should here something soon. Its been 3 days I think...or maybe its been 2. Anyway soon!"

Kinaed muses to Nem, "Have you tried in the last two weeks since the changes came in to give sparring a bonus pool and slowed trainer pooling down?"

Temi says, "We do have several we're currently looking at, so not sure how much longer it will be open."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Ilara.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed wonders to Aessa, "Mind introducing us to your topic now?"

Ilara nods to Temi.

Nem states, "To kinaed I only started playing in the last two weekish"

Aessa queries, "Few things, some semi-related to other peoples' topics!: I noticed on an alt that the RP you have in the astral doesn't count toward making you RP active, which is a bit problematic.

Second is the pooling rate on cooking, which seems to be really minimal -- if it could get peeked at that would be wonderful.

Third are diseases and RP inactivity; not being able to overcome a disease with treatment isn't so fun. I wouldn't want to log in for the first time after a week and find it had healed in my absence, but I would like to be online for the required number of hours, RP active or no, and have it tick down normally when it's already been treated.

Last is the artwork shift and RPXP loss. When Papercraft was removed and my alt's Artwork was set to the appropriate level, I noticed I was missing a considerable quantity of RPXP that couldn't be accounted for in skill raising or other purchases. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Kinaed pontificates to Nem, "Ahh, good to know!"

Rickart says, "Alright. I had an IC injury from right before the announcement that lasted through until yesterday so I didn't have time to collect data like last time when I had all week. I'll get better data for next time."

Azarial says, "Treatment is not essential. actiivty is."

Kinaed states to Aessa, "Eek! One at a time next time, okay? (though I guess we're rushing through now). Yes, RP in astral should count towards RP activity, please bug that, straight up."

Aessa asks, "You don't have to get a disease treated for it to go away?"

Merick claims to Rickart, "Lemme break your nose, we'll research it"

Merick grins.

Kinaed claims, "Yes, I can have a look at cooking rates."

Azarial says, "There was about a two day span between the conversion and the proper addition of the artwork skill. I do not track xp expenditures to be able to tell anyone what happened."

Temi says, "Depends on the disease."

Kinaed says, "I'm still not sure what I think about diseases."

Barcus says, "I had nice RP from it from one of my alts, but I think by now I have a bug which I will report it."

Azarial claims, "Ahh disease; i misread in the scroll spam."

Temi claims, "I think diseases need a bit more still."
Diana says, "Excuse me," before running after a passerby.

Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Anyone else lose XP on artwork shift? I'm sorry, but we calc everything on the fly, so your character's RPxp should be whatever it is for whatever you've actually purchased at ANY time."

Ilara trails off, "I think the severity of the disease should have an effect on how it heals, if you need a phyiscian, ect...."

Kinaed states, "Therefore, it's hard to 'lose' XP randomly. The only thing not accounted for in that equation is purchase silver."

Diana claims, "Wait what's the problem with diseases? I don't understand."

Kinaed says to Ilara, "It does."

Aessa claims, "It was like I'd bought artwork in chargen or something. When the skill was added, the xp was gone."

Azarial claims, "All I can suggest is taht some was spent in that span on any or all alts"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial claims, "That is the only way xp disappears."

Ilara claims, "Then I don't see an issue myself."

Kinaed muses to Temi, "Can you work with Diana and Ilara to make some disease improvement suggestions on staff board?"

say my papercraft/artwork on my alt adjusted fine

Haizea says, "My papercraft/artwork on my alt adjusted fine"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Rickart claims, "It was Aessa not Ilara I believe"

Kinaed states, "Papercraft was totally removed, so your XP for that craft would have been refunded entirely."

Kinaed says to Rickart, "Oh, thanks."

Kinaed pontificates, "Sorry, Aessa!"

Aessa exclaims, "It's fine!"

Ilara states, "Yes I don't think it was me..I just commented. ;)"

Temi claims, "There was a day or two lag between papercraft being removed and artwork being added"

Temi claims, "It may have been you looked at it at the wrong time to get an idea"

Alexander muses, "Can I get transed back to the grid?"

Diana states, "Artwork is awesome by the way, just wanted to say that."

Kinaed queries, "We have three minutes - two now. We really need to move on topics (so sorry guys). Alyce, you had a topic?"

Alexander states, "Oh, nevermind, I'll stick around for Alyce's."

Alyce pontificates, "Yes I did! Thankfully it's mega quick so here goes:"

Alexander blows Alyce a kiss.

Alexander has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Alyce says, "Hey guys, as you might know I am the rather infamous Icarus on ooc. Now the reason I'm saying that is because you may have heard me clamouring on there about southside, brothel and brotherhood rp. I have had many (read too many) alts and one thing I have found is southside rp is really fun and different to everywhere else. It would be nice to see more of this rp happening, more of people slagging off the hoity toity nobles in brothels and doing shady deals and also more brotherhood characters. The guild is small but activity is greatly increasing amongst its members and it would great to see more fresh friendly faces amongst it. But in general making more villains or theives would be amazing as it'll give the Reeves something to finally worry about ;) Okay that's my super brief topic. And I'm free for any questions. TL:DR Play thieves and villains."
Kinaed has transferred Alexander. [OOC]

Ismael has transferred Alexander. [OOC]
Ismael has transferred Alexander. [OOC]

Kinaed claims to Alexander, "Sorry."

Alyce says, "Hey guys, as you might know I am the rather infamous Icarus on ooc. Now the reason I'm saying that is because you may have heard me clamouring on there about southside, brothel and brotherhood rp. I have had many (read too many) alts and one thing I have found is southside rp is really fun and different to everywhere else. It would be nice to see more of this rp happening, more of people slagging off the hoity toity nobles in brothels and doing shady deals and also more brotherhood characters. The guild is small but activity is greatly increasing amongst its members and it would great to see more fresh friendly faces amongst it. But in general making more villains or theives would be amazing as it'll give the Reeves something to finally worry about ;) Okay that's my super brief topic. And I'm free for any questions. TL:DR Play thieves and villains." [Ismael]

Alexander says to Kinaed, "Lol, you're good. My fault."

Ismael says, "That's for Alexander."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Alyce, "Thanks for the plug. :)"

Rickart muses, "Finally something to worry about? those guys are constantly in meetings as it is about all the cases they're working on"

Alyce claims, "But also considering stuff raised earlier it sounds like we also need more Reeves."

Nem claims, "We talked about this on ooc at one point, there is actually quite a bit of southside rp currently as far as I can tell, though the issue was one of timing"

Nem says, "I also need transing out, btw, sorry"

Diana claims, "Yeah, both the reeves and knights are up to their necks in cases. I know, and... I'm not even in the guild."

say i also encourage people to play non-villain southsiders!

Kinaed states, "Their guild looks moderately healthy. Not as anemic as the Order has a reputation for being."

Haizea declares, "I also encourage people to play non-villain southsiders!"

Nem raises his hand.

Alyce claims, "Hey man. All I can say is from the thieves side things seem to be slow and quiet. Low members who'm aren't all able to rp make for lack fo rp and communication."

Alexander nods at Haizea.

Barcus nods in agreement with Haizea.

Kinaed says, "Nto as anemic as the Order actually is right now."

Alexander claims to Alyce, "I think with what's going on, it might improve."

Empena cries in the corner, "I'm triyng man, I'm trying."

Rickart muses, "The faith side of the order? Empena's doing a great job but she needs help"

Onreon claims, "It's worth noting that guilds tend to come and go in waves."

Alyce states, "I'm simply saying how things seem on my end. I have barely seen any reeves in general these days."

Kinaed smiles at Empena.

Aessa says, "Holidays make things scarce, too."

Rickart states, "That's because they're all in meetings or the jail working on existing plots. Rimilde is a workhorse"

Ilara trails off, "There is potential for non villain southsiders who could still be shady! Pawn shop owners who buy stolen or questionable goods, drug dealers, people just trying to get by..."

Barcus pontificates, "Or we can be busy with cases!"
Kinaed claims to Empena, "It's not on any one person's shoulders to keep it all going."

Barcus nods in agreement.

Kinaed questions to Rickart, "Maybe she should delegate a bit?"

Alyce says to Alexander "I hope so. Problem is a lack of seekers at times and such. I'm just hoping the numbers will rise a bit soon and we can get our current members off terrorising people."

Alexander claims, "I think it's generally very damning to say that one guild or another is absent, or inactive -- and these things do come in waves, depending on the roleplayers in that guild at the time."

Kinaed nods at Alexander.

Merick says, "Lack of orderites is another thing, we're supposed to have a few that are MIA, including the boss, we need inquisitors, but that's all I'll say as I've said that before. Not trying to poke or pinch anyone, just stating a necessary factor."

Aessa says, "+1 Alex."

Kinaed claims, "I think all of the guilds are fairly active at this time, honestly."

Gypsy has lost link.

Onreon claims to Alyce, "Try getting some stories running revolving around thieves to get them back into the limelight of RP."

Barcus says, "I'm drafting an Inq soon I think, but it won't be too active."

Diana says to Merick, "Well yeah, but the boss, or your boss, will be back like Sunday or Monday."

Kinaed claims, "The GI looks pretty active to me."

Azarial states, "I've noticed that a lot fo compaints that this or that guild or person is absent is either missing them on logins, or failing to use the methods on hand for communication."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Gypsy has reconnected.

Kinaed nods at Barcus.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Nalien asks, "Do we have any active clergy?"

Rickart claims, "Sure, I'm just trying to say that the law enforcement guilds, as a member of them, are definitely not sitting around looking for things to do if anyone had that impression. Already plenty of cases."

Ilara declaims, "You don't have to be an outright evil person to be shady. But I agree, I've got an idea in mind that could go brotherhood and some thieving events would be nice!"

Onreon claims, "Gotta remember that there /are/ NPC guildmembers."

Alyce says to Onreon "Stories are something I have been planning for many months but not had teh time to jump on yet. I plan to give events to reeves too to get back stolen goods."

say come meet the active clergy at the event today \o/

Haizea says, "Come meet the active clergy at the event today \o/"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I went three weeks wondering if Hunapo was around, and checking his whois and reassuring myself, yes he is. But timezone wise, I never see him."

Alexander says to Kinaed, "I know this isn't probably the place or time, but I -really- do wish you guys were more 'hands on'. I -love- it when staff uses NPCs to sort of fill in those gaps, kind of like you and your moonlighting as an Inquisitor when you can, except a lot more short term, a lot more bouncing around."

Aessa warily eyes Haizea.

Barcus states, "Also, as a law enforcement guild member, I'm not going to sit around all day solving cases, to be honest with you. I -do- handle cases, but I also want my PC to feel alive not be a slave of OOC workload and my availability."

Alexander claims, "But you guys are awfully busy already."

Temi claims, "Sorry, we can end up pretty swamped with what we're alreayd doing, yeah."

Alyce states, "A big thing of the brotherhood is family bonds. Many of us are not outright assholes. Just less concerned about doing what we gotta to survive. But all types are welcome within the thieves."

Rickart nods at Barcus.

Kinaed claims to Alexander, "I think that's everyone's wish and one thing I refuse to commit to because we'd be haphazard at it, and I think a bad job is worse than an expectation that we don't do that. Also, being too involved means we also get attached, and our neutrality is one of our strengths."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Merick trails off to Alyce, "See now I need to make a brotherhood..."

Alexander nods at Kinaed.

Alyce states, "Also apologies to seekers it will take soem time to get you all sorted due to our member problem and my alt being a gl with no ip. But please do let me know if you go a while with no word from us and I will do what I can."

Onreon wonders, "Isn't that a conflict of interests?"

Azarial claims, "Staff have players out there stirring stories up as well."

Alyce nods fervently to Merick

Rickart says, "Only knight/mage. Knight/Bhood is allowed on crossover"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, my loves, it is time. Time to be cast back into the realm of fantasy, betrayal, scandal and murder."

Aessa trails off, "Yay murder!..."

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Diana claims, "That sounds extremely dark."
All life from Ismael drains as he crumbles to the ground and the ground cracks open, sucking him into the deepest recesses of the Urth. [OOC]

say come meet the clergy and generate some scandal at the event \o/

Haizea says, "Come meet the clergy and generate some scandal at the event \o/"

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Onreon claims, "And apparently statues of Dav with huge phalluses."

Alyce states, "Luv ya staffers and playerers."

Kinaed says, "Please enjoy your RP, and if you have time write a review or suggest people visit us (Reddit is apparently a great feeder site) to get more people to come play with you."

• Information