Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the prolonged silence as a no."
Eirian has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "If that changes or anyone thinks of something, send me a tell. I've got a topic from a player to raise on their behalf later."
Temi grins.

Kinaed says, "So, Staff Updates - I hired a staff member last week, and that was about it. Sorry :( Lazy week last week, given holidays are ramping up too."

Kinaed says, "Things are about to get crazy."

Kinaed states, "Still on my plate: Assets and jail spec."

Vicannia wonders, "Crazy in game or crazy in your life? also your new staff member has seemed very active"
Kinaed says to Vicannia, "Crazy irl due to Chrismas holidays, staff parties, a work conference, and a heap of stuff."

Kinaed says, "That's me :)"
Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up :)"

Azarial states, "A few bugs, a crash, and helping the new imm figure things out on obscure commands"
Rickart has lost link.
Rickart has reconnected.
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial trails off, "Much to the relief of...well, prolly everyopne, i have quit handlign things on the rquest board"

Kinaed states, "Players, please keep reminding me to update the pooling on sparring skills."

Vicannia says, "Will remind you if I remember"
Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "Thanks."
Kinaed has transferred Basil. [OOC]

Rickart asks, "May I ask what that means?"
Temi gives a segment of toffee brittle road, paved with almond cobbles to Basil.
Kinaed says to Rickart, "It means our new staff member is handling the Request Board posts."

Basil says, "Wheee things."

Rickart says, "Sorry I meant the pooling"

Basil says, "Thanks*"

Temi says, "We added the ability to get a bonus to pooling in RP."
Kinaed says to Rickart, "Oh! Um, right now, because you don't have to write long emotes, the trainer pools faster that sparring."

Temi says, "Kin means to add it onto combat skills, to make sparring more useful than trainers."

Kinaed claims, "But because we're an RP-oriented game, sparring with PCs should be faster, so we've coded in the ability to give a bonus to skills in RP, but I have to adjust the values game-side."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Anything else to add?"

Rickart states, "I see, so currently sparring still pools very little so we are just reminding you to make the necessary changes to bump that up"

Azarial claims, "Don;t think so"

Kinaed states, "I don't see anything on the changes board that warrants particular notice."
Kinaed nods at Rickart.
Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Rickart says, "Not that we have to tell you each spar for a manual pool adjustment"

Kinaed states, "I can probably do it right after OOC Chat, though I'm on borrowed time until January."

Temi claims, "Umm... pretty much just trying to keep up with requests and plots, so a bunch of responding to those."
Kinaed nods at Rickart.
Rickart nods.

Temi states, "And that's all for now."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed queries to Ismael, "Your turn? :)"

Ismael states, "Last week has been great for me in the requests department as promised, and together with the rest I think we have the req board really tangled. The new hands have really helped with the burden. It has been greeat. I've brought a few proposals, including a better way to organize the req board for staffers, a new revamp for the university, and been helping Niamh where I could. Finally we're having a very golden response time in the req board and I'm happy with it.

I would like, however, to ask that the players who have solved requests please note remove them so that it can be easier for us."

Ismael declaims, "Some requests can be hard to spot when we have many requests that are being 'waited' upon by the player. It would help us if your request is removed if there's nothing else to add!"
Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Castello cheers!

Ismael states, "Big Kudos to Niamh too."
Ismael has gone AFK.
Kinaed states to Ismael, "That's very positive to hear. Thank you for that extra effort to get back on track this week, and please tell Niamh I'm happy to hear she's quite active/helping out too."

Rickart states, "Yes thanks Niamh. She's been super helpful"

Jyllian says, "Yeah, the turn around time for my request was insanely fast. :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates :)"
Kinaed states to Jyllian, "I'm so glad to hear that."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, next - Player Heartbeat! How has the game been this last week, folks?"

Castello states, "(Gothan's alt here) I'm reaaaaally happy to have a few more Knights and Squires ingame, since we've had a couple of oldies come back to the fold :P"

Cicero says, "Still evaluating."
Kinaed nods at Cicero.

Jyllian states, "Totally awesomeness, can't complain."
Kinaed smiles at Castello.

Kinaed asks, "Has RP been fun?"

Rickart states, "Good to be back. Guild started pretty sparse but that seems to be improving. Same quality RP here as ever"

Jyllian pontificates, "Yes, definitely!!!"

Castello says, "I've been really busy with scenes lately, it's hard to fit in all in with me being GMT and everyone being something else."

Cicero states, "It's been kinda minimal. One of those people who don't get a lot of direct RP, but hey I'll take what I can get."
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed comforts Cicero.
Kinaed asks of Cicero, "Anything people can do to help with that?"

Rickart says, "Hah, yw Castello"

Vicannia trails off, "Rp has been... stressful but somewhat rewarding this last week"
Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "I'm glad to hear it's at least rewarding, and I hope you can get away from the stress of it."

Cicero shrugs to Kinaed, "I don't know really. Heh."
Kinaed nods at Cicero.

Kinaed queries, "Is there anything bugging anyone that they'd like staff to know about?"

Castello exclaims, "Nothing comes to mind!"
Kinaed smiles at Castello.

Eirian states, "I'm happy that the expectations around city actions, plots, and metrics were made clear."
Kinaed questions to Eirian, "Is there more we need to do around that?"

Kinaed asks, "Is the system there working out, or does it need more polish?"

Temi claims, "We're still figuring our procedures out, like making sure things get header plots and such, for usre."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Eirian states, "I think I've been feeling a tad frustrated by the extra burden some of that stuff has placed on me as a GL, and the amount of work required to write up plots and all that, but with the incoming noble apps, I'm hoping to be able to delegate some things."

Vicannia says OOCly, "It seems to be working the way one would expect it..."
WARNING: Osays exist only to clarify RP and cost 5 RPXP. Please move to tells if possible.

Temi states, "Definitely delegate."
Kinaed asks of Temi, "We might want to consolidate the player actions at the bottom of the City Metric staff report when shifts happen so those actions are front and center to us when planning rather than something we have to look up?"
Kinaed nods at Eirian.
Temi nods.

Percy questions, "Was a help file updated on this or where is the new info?"

Eirian states, "General board, note 14."

Percy wonders, "I had something I found a bit odd lately that I wanted to raise on arranging RP and stuff and wanted to ask, is this the time?"
Kinaed claims to Percy, "Sure, now is fine."
Kinaed says to Percy, "Sure, now is fine."

Kinaed says, "Oops, sorry, hit enter 2x."

Percy claims, "I noticed I'm getting a lot of tells when people send messengers asking if I'm going to respond, etc. is that common or? I often don't know how to respond without giving IC info."

Vicannia trails off, "It is a bit annoying waiting on someone to either reply or not... the uncertainty of it that is"

Kinaed says, "Hmm, it does seem a bit like pressuring someone. We don't have any specific clear rules against it, but I wouldn't think it'd be a common practice unless you just sent a messenger and had to run."

Temi claims, "It definitely shouldn't be the expectation, though I think it's often intended as a courtesy before people log off"
Ismael has returned from AFK.

Azarial states, "Messengers take time to travel, as well."

Vicannia nods in agreeance with temi
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Percy declares, "Fair enough, just not sure how to respond, sometimes I don't want to just reject it because there might be time to still accept it, but I don't like answering that either. Anyhow, it's nothing that bothersome just curious why and how to approach, thanks!"

Kinaed states, "I'm rather dissatisfied with having to ask people to turn tells off if they don't want to receive that sort of thing though."

Temi says, "I wouldn't say more than 'Yes, something is on the way' or 'Sorry, I need to take off OOCly', or stuff like that."

Percy nods.

Kinaed states, "Anyone else have anything to raise? If not, a player sent me a tell earlier with a request that I bring something up on their behalf."

Temi claims, "Or maybe just 'I'd like to handle it ICly' is always fair to say. "
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Eirian nods.

Vicannia states, ""The only reason I typically ask that sort of question is when I've sent a messenger, I know they have received it and I need to leave soon... I would consider it rude to log off while a messenger is being sent since there is no way to receive it when you return.""
Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Kinaed queries, "So... everyone knows they get extra XP bonuses for thinking, right?"
Temi nods in agreement.

Castello exclaims, "Yep!"

Kinaed states, "Mages are wondering why no one ever thinks and asking if people would consider doing so for the mind readers out there."

Rickart says, "What I've been doing is asking someone via tells if they're even free first before sending the messenger if it's an optional thing just because some of my RP partners tend to be booked well in advance. i hope that wasn't being rude or not a best practice"

Temi claims, "People definitely do use think from my experiences with various alts."

Jyllian states, "Mostly because we don't think of doing it? My alt, she does, but only when she feels something she can't say."

Castello claims, "It's easy to forget for me, sometimes I try to do a 'think' every time I do a pose to accompany it but usualy... I just forget, but I'll try to correct that."
Kinaed nods.

Temi claims, "I think it's better than it used to be - though of course, more would be better."

Kinaed says, "The reminder has been raised as requested. :)"

Eirian states, "I use them all the time, but I suspect they're not of the very interesting variety these days. ^_^"

Vicannia trails off, "I tend to only think when it's something of signafigance..."

Vicannia can never remember to spell it to save their lives
Jyllian states to Rickart, "And no in my mind, that isn't rude at all. I don't mind if you do or don't send a tell, but it's not a rude thing for me at all, since I do that too actually."
Temi says to Vicannia, "I do sort of like your version."

Percy says, "Sending tells is great, I didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with raising that btw. I just get a lot of 'are you going to answer that?' Sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

Temi states, "Yeah, if it's pressuring people to answer, don't do it, folks."

Temi states, "If it's no-pressure checking if they are because you might want to leave, etc, that seems fine."

Vicannia states, "It never hurts to raise something you are concerned about, so don't be feel sorry about it"

Kinaed claims, "Well, anyway, of signficance or not - thinks give an xp bonus, so please consider incorporating them in you RP more if you don't already. You can also emote in thinks, so you can think really silly, nothing at all, thoughts and get XP - think ,'s mind idles along various daydream paths."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "I love using thinks in busy scenes too, when waiting for others, because it doesn't spam everybody."
Jyllian states to Vicannia, "You are close. Change the a in to an i and the g just doesn't belong before the E. It's significants :)"
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Vicannia shrugs "Eh, not gonna really change how I do it. If I remember to, great if not, no sweat off my brow."

Rickart claims, "I've done that occasionally K. more often on other muds where your clan staff hear them. i do them regardless but more when i feel that they arent disappearing with no one to see"
Kinaed nods at Rickart.
Kinaed says to Rickart, "Well, there are people who can see them here."

Rickart says, "Since we have mindreaders I'll try to step them up in RP in case I'm with one. don't know the magic system here well"
Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed exclaims, "Well, wether people see them or not - extra juicy RP!"

Kinaed claims, "Er, XP"

Kinaed coughs.

Kinaed says, "Okay, any other topics? Otherwise, we can end early or socialize."

Azarial states, "They sould also count towards your emote count for that span"

Kinaed says, "Just no talk of politics, please. I'm dying in the mire of politics stuff."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Vicannia shrugs "How meaningful is taht extra xp because it doesn't seem like that much."

Jyllian says, "Oh wow, it's really early. It's barely half six."

Temi says, "It's an extra step up on the rpxp gain."

Eirian states, "It is pretty meaningful if it keeps your RPXP rolling while you're waiting to pose."

Rickart claims, "1 point per tick i think"
Kinaed finishes abruptly to Vicannia, "It's meaningful - it moves your RP level up, so you roll bigger dice every time you get XP"

Eirian states, "Plus the added step up in RPXP gain."
Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Vicannia says, "Hmmm. It's just never seemed like it truly added anything"

Rickart questions, "Plus? i thought that was what we meant"

Eirian's fingers possess visnet muscle memory.

Vicannia claims, "Worthwhile at least"

Kinaed states, "If you math it out, I believe it is worthwhile, though that may be a bit subjective."

Rickart states, "What's the impact of thinks on XP besides rpxp adjective"

Jyllian states, "It does, and so does hemoting. That one's hard, because you got to think up things that are hemote worthy. :d I've had a bit of fun with that one. I find myself being proud, when I manage to do a hemote that's long enough to count for xp"

Kinaed says, "Oh yeah, if you're interested in being an aide, please read HELP AIDE and let me know."

Temi states, "Keeping it active, was what Eirian said."

Eirian says, "You also get 10 XP per think up to a maximum of 200 at the end of the day."

Eirian says, "Max of 200 XP."
Kinaed says to Rickart, "It increases your RP level and keeps the ticker going."
Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Eirian states, "At nightly rollover."

Rickart says, "Ah right right."

Rickart claims, "Used to give silver"

Vicannia ponders "I was an aide before... wonder if it would be worthwhile to try again."

Kinaed states, "Your RP level says how many/big the dice your roll each tick are."

Rickart states, "Somehow i thought it was deterministic like 7 for heroic etc. cool."
Kinaed states to Rickart, "No, alas, there's some randomness in there. :)"

Rickart states, "Keeps things interesting"
Basil is idle.

Kinaed asks, "So... we've gotten through the agenda way early. What now, folks?"

Temi muses, "Well, I'd be interested if folks would be interested in some sort of event around New Year's or something. Will everyone be away?"

Jyllian claims, "I will not."

Rickart claims, "I like helping but I have too many areas of ignorance still. perhaps eventually"

Kinaed states, "Family Reunion, but I might be around your time."
Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Temi muses, "Maybe not directly on the holiday, could see how things would work out. But what sort of thing would people be interested in?"

Vicannia twiddles thumbs "I'll likely be around... though hopefully it would be an event that multiple types of characters could get involved with... sadly have no combat characters presently

Jyllian says, "Something fun, lots of fun."

Temi muses, "Big plot things? Fun stress relieving things? Side mini-plot things?"

Rickart says, "Make a Page, V :P"

Jyllian states, "Fun stress relieving things."

Kinaed queries, "Are you thinking a time boxed event, or more of a big lead-up thing like the Flood or the Mage Invasion?"

Temi says, "I'm not sure."

Azarial wonders, "So, beer, wine, ale, and then antics once everyone is drunk?"

Temi claims, "Probably not as big as either of those, for sure."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Vicannia says to Rickart, "No... And I;d say fun stress reliever. Ah mage invasion. Fun times. Seconds made up the difference of who won or not"
Jyllian states to Eirian, "I still claim, your party was the absolute best my alt has ever been to."

Temi claims, "But could potentially include lead up if people wanted bigger stuff."

Temi questions, "But sounds like something silly might be more fun?"

Jyllian claims, "Yeah, but that's just my humble opinion. Especially since it's new year's and people will be stressed oocly, I thought a bit of stress relief on game would be nice."
Rickart has lost link.
Rickart has reconnected.

Vicannia should host a murder mystery event.
Kinaed states to Vicannia, "That'd be cool."

Temi questions, "Any other thoughts from folks?"

Kinaed wonders, "Maybe do it a week opposite Temi's?"
Temi grins.

Castello declaims, "I'll be around for the duration!"

Percy questions, "Could I be transferred back please and thank you?"

Vicannia states, "If I did one it likely wouldn't be for a month or two. Never done one in my life but always been interested in such a thing"

Kinaed says, "A reminder - anyone can run a plot, whether it just be an Event or if you actually use the storyteller system."
Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Jyllian says, "I'm scared of the plot system. I did a teeny tiny, teensy one, still scared of it. :d"

Temi says, "It's not so hard. Best way to get comfortable is to keep using it."
Temi grins.

Temi states, "I've definitely heard from people that it's inimidating though"

Jyllian states, "I know, but I scare easily."

Vicannia trails off, "Oh, this does actually remind me of something, in a weird round about way. Wealth and Death XP... While I thank temi for explaining it in such a way that makes sense, it does feel a tad broken in a way even if it's running the way it should"

Kinaed states, "Purchase silver doesn't return to the pool for various mathematical reasons. I think there's a warning about that in the help file, but if not, I'll make sure there is."

Azarial states, "And assets will remove that issue quite nicely"

Kinaed says, "In the meantime, I don't intend to change that because it is that way due to the nature of the XP system that calculates on the fly."

Temi states, "It is a bit confusing. I did about twenty minutes of chatting with Az to make sure I had things right before I said anything, even though I knew it before."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi states, "We'll make sure the explanations are more clear in the helpfiles, though."

Vicannia claims, "I did not notice any warning, though even if there is a warning it's not written in a way that really makes it clear the impact it will have. If I understand it correctly I won't be gaining death xp until i've spent 100,000 xp in skills, at the bare minimum"

Rickart queries, "Which file should I read for clarity to understand? I thought it was simply that if you invest 50k xp in wealth then that XP is erased and isn't part of your deathxp"

Percy queries, "Could I please be transferred out of the meeting?"
Percy has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Vicannia claims, "That's how I understood it too rickart, that it simply wasn't counted as death xp"

Jyllian says, "Wait what? i thought, you get death xp like the portion your rec level is at. i didn't think you'd have to put in a hundred thousand xp. I may have then again, so who really knows."

Temi claims, "I put an explanation up on the forums in Vicannia's thread"

Rickart claims, "Oh forums. Okay i will go read that, thank you"

Azarial says, "It varies based on the character and purchases"

Kinaed states, "XP put towards purchase silver doesn't count towards Death XP, which is where things get wierd."

Temi says, "Basically, it is the rec level percentage, but after starting bonus xp and other things like silver."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Vicannia link to temi's comment explaining it viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1454#p9753

Eirian claims, "I don't notice a difference in my Death XP after purchasing silver, so it looks to me like XP spent on silver just isn't counted toward Death XP."

Eirian queries, "Which is how I thought it's always worked?"
Temi nods.

Jyllian claims, "Right, my understanding was, that any thing you purchase, whether it be stats or silver, doesn't count. Only your pooling, skills do."

Temi says, "Yep, the only difference is if you don't have enough purchases to cover your bonus xp."
Kinaed nods at Jyllian.

Eirian states, "Non-bonus XP invested in skills and stats counts."

Temi claims, "I can copy paste from the forum note, if that would help."

Eirian states, "Pretty sure stats do count, as long as it's not bonus XP and is earned XP. Though correct me if I'm wrong."

Temi claims, "When new characters start, they get approximately 50k bonus xp for starting. This xp is locked to the character: it isn't shared over the account and it isn't included with death xp to be returned upon death. This is fine because the next character will get their own 50k.

Therefore, characters only start earning death xp after they have gotten past 50k xp spent.

However, not all spends are eligible for death xp. Silver and wealth are in that boat because the silver can continue on in the world after the death of the character - it isn't an investment in the character themself. So, expenditures in silver and wealth don't count towards the 50k you have to spend before you're out of bonus xp. They shouldn't count against the amount needed and make it any worse, but it does make it harder to get a feel for how much relevant xp you have spent, because large portions of it don't count.

Additionally, if more bonus xp is acquired for whatever reason - staff grants, qp conversion, etc, then that amount also needs to be reached in eligible purchases increases with it. This creates some additional confusions at times, but isn't the question at hand here."

Azarial claims, "Stats and skills are about all that counts owards death xp"
Kinaed has lost link.

Vicannia trails off, "The issue here isn't that I was expecting purchasing silver to count towards death xp, the issue was that due to purchasing wealth that caused skill I had increased during my time in the game were not counting towards death xp until it reached a certain point... that was my issue with it for clarification"
Eirian nods.
Temi nods.

Temi claims, "Yeah, it's just a bit confusing if you're trying to account for everything. But I think we've gotten it sorted out now."
Kinaed has reconnected.

Kinaed grumbles.

Temi pontificates, "And looks like we lost Kin... ah, there she is!"

Kinaed states, "Sorry about that."

Eirian queries, "When you invest XP in something, your bonus XP is automatically used first, correct?"
Temi nods at Eirian.
Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Kinaed states, "Bonus XP is always used first."

Vicannia claims, "Hopefully, as azarial said... assets should help counter this... it just felt like a massive smack in the face that came out of nowhere, hence my initial hostility with it.\"

Kinaed says, "This makes sure spillover goes to the account."

Kinaed claims, "Which means that anything you earn that you don't spend on your char goes to your account. Until it is spent, it doesn't need to be Death XP because it's just sitting on your account."

Rickart queries, "Does deathxp just go into your existing account pool on death/retirement?"
Temi nods at Rickart.

Temi declaims, "Yup!"

Kinaed states, "Death Xp is added to the account XP, yep."

Kinaed says, "So basically, using bonus XP first is in your favor because it reserves your actual earnings on your account to be spent whenever you like."

Rickart claims, "Gotcha. So then if you spent your 50k on stats and skills right in chargen so you had 0 left, then pulled 50k more for wealth out of your account pool, your deathxp would be 0 since the first 50 don'tcount and the 2nd 50 don't b/c wealth, but then if you entered game and without RP pooled skills out of your account RP, death xp would start to go up since you cleared your bonus already"
Temi nods at Rickart.

Kinaed states, "Right, but any XP you earned goes to your account to be spent. You just won't get Death XP for awhile."

Rickart says, "Well I'd start getting some right away if i began to transfer it into skills after chargen since the bonus was all spent"
Kinaed claims to Rickart, "You would, but your costs wouldn't be subsidized by bonus XP."

Vicannia questions, "Is there a way for staff to check how much xp a player has to earn until they start pooling death xp again?"

Kinaed says, "Yes."

Rickart asks, "Alts all share to the account so you can RP on one to feed the skill pool of another? "
Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Rickart wonders, "If an alt still has bonus xp and your main doesn't, do they display different #s on the prompt?"

Azarial claims, "Yes"

Kinaed states, "Our time is up, everyone :)"

Jyllian declares, "It was fun!!!"

Rickart wonders, "Sorry about the pedantry but i get it now ty :) Vicannia maybe staff can look it up per a request?"

Cicero claims, "I'm ready for transfer. THank you for letting me sit in."

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy for those who want to delve into this a bit further to hang around, but otherwise I'll put everyone back. Please consider voting for TI."
Kinaed declaims to Cicero, "Thanks for coming! :)"

Eirian says, "Thanks, all."
Lurks the Forums

• Information