Esmerelde is here.
Gothan is here.
Temi is here.
Kinaed is here.

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims, "I should note that I personally have two topics."

Emma exclaims, "I have a topic!"

Eirian starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed states to Emma, "Thanks, got you. Please pre-write it up so you're ready to introduce it when called upon."

Raffael pontificates, "Got a topic myself!"

Jaden queries, "I have something I would like to ask the playerbase here if thats okay?"

Kinaed says to Raffael, "Got you"

Kinaed states to Jaden, "Absolutely. :) Please pre-write your topic introduction so you can just send it when called upon."

Vicannia trails off, "I had a topic I thought of earlier today but have forgotten what it was... If I remember I'll send you a tell"

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else?"

Jaden nods.

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "Thanks :)"

Vicannia claims, "Oh I remember now"

Kinaed says, "Okay, if that's it for registered topics - please send me a tell if anyone thinks of anything."

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "Excellent, jotting you down. Please pre-type."

Kinaed states, "Okay, jumping into Staff Updates - I'm still working on assets. I expect some progress Tuesday or Wednesday my time, depending on how my work schedule pans out. I'm sorry I don't have it today folks."

Eirian finishes his note.

Coluber claims to Kinaed, "We still love you."

Kinaed claims, "Last week I resolved some policy - and this comes up to one of my two topics, so I'll spend a moment on it here. Please read HELP HARASSMENT, point 5."

Kinaed smiles at Coluber.

Vicannia says, "Ok"

Kinaed claims, "I've had multiple disturbing reports lately about a player engaging in OOC discussion to try to change or affect how people ICly act. I'm going to be talking to that player directly, but when this came up amongst staff (I was given no names), I was told that it may be more than just this particular player getting out of hand in this way recently."

Kinaed says, "So I'd like to ask everyone to be aware that it is against policy to pressure people OOCly, for or against any action. And TI is a non-consensual game as well, so it's also not okay to dodge RP just because you don't like what's happening to your character."

Kinaed states, "(I had one of those this week also)"

Emma says, "Eeesh."

Kinaed says, "The only way things work is if we all give a little and take a little."

Esmerelde nods in agreement.

Kinaed claims, "Also, if someone sends you tells or attempts to pressure you into taking or not taking any action OOCly, you can come to staff."

Kinaed states, "It's against the rules in clear black and white."

Raffael nods in agreement.

Kinaed says, "Finally, and on my second topic - this week I will be looking to hire a new staff member as Praen hasn't been around long enough that we think she's permanently left us - and we're getting behind on player requests."

Kinaed states, "If you're interested, please pboard me."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me. Azarial? You're up. :)"

Vicannia muses, "What would the staff member be fulfilling? Just player requests or what?"

Azarial says, "Poked a few smaller bugs this week, else worked on RL. I did fill in on some typos and requests."

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "That's a starting point, but we tend to look for people who are happy to get their feet wet with anything. We really need people who enjoy running and resolving plots too."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "I'm just having a quick look at the changes board to see if there's anything worth highlighting."

Azarial says, "Two thanksgivings back to back woth both sides of the family...eh."

Kinaed says, "Okay, there's now an RP Pool bonus that I can add to skills, which I will do for combat skills so that sparring earns as well or better than going to a trainer because it's RP, and seeing the trainer isn't."

Eirian says, "Awesome."

Kinaed says, "Regnancy is broken after Rebirth (that may have been decided last period)"

Vicannia states, "Ooh, that would be an incredibly nice bonus"

Gothan says, "Weee! Thats awesome, with sparing."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think that's it. Everything else looks like subtle bug fixes."

Kinaed states to Gothan, "I have to actually update the pooling underneath, and I'll probably need some play testers to tell me if the rates are reasonable."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anything else, Az?"

Azarial states, "Not that I can think of."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Azarial claims, "I was looking at the merchant hall, though, so my state is a bit muddled."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi says, "I am hosting family, so... not a whole lot. Hopefully I have not missed anything which is pointedly waiting on me."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi says, "But I'll be back to full, normal time tomorrow! Well, and work taking full time attention too."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "Nothing that I am aware of, but if anyone is waiting 3 or more days on a request, please bump it or send a request board asking about it (if outside of the Request Boards)."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Ismael's turn?"

Temi nods in agreement.

Ismael greedily takes the turn for himself.

Kinaed declaims to Ismael, "It's your turn! :)"

Ismael says, "Not too much! I handled a few recommends and tried to handle a few requests, but definitely nothing worth noting. It's been a hard week and will continue to be 'till the Friday. From that day on, I expect my activity to dramatically bump up."

Ismael claims, "I have been online, though, to answer player questions."

Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Kinaed states, "We as staff really need to attack the Player Requests (always top priority), but also that change board to get things to Complete."

Kinaed claims, "Maybe we should have a working bee sometime soon or soemthing."

Azarial says, "Which means a fair bitof testing the quirks of things."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. Any questions, anyone before we move on?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, Player Heartbeat! How was the game this week, folks?"

Eirian says, "I read on 'help news' that hunting dogs should attack non-player (I'm assuming non human NPC) targets, but I haven't noticed any difference with my hunting dog."

Kinaed says to Eirian, "Oh, sorry. :)"

Eirian questions, "Was that change actually put in, and if so, is there an associated command to use it?"

Emma states, "Has been a lovely return week for me."

Azarial claims, "It may need to be flagged properly."

Kinaed states to Emma, "Glad to hear that."

Raffael exclaims, "Alt of Barcus & Maerilin here. It has been fun this week! Really fun!"

Azarial says, "Post a bug and I shall see if I wrote the tools to let me do that."

Kinaed says, "If your hunting dogs don't seem to work, please drop us a Request Board note."

Eirian claims, "Okay, so might be an issue with hunting dogs bought before the change went in? Can do."

Kinaed claims to Raffael, "Nice to hear. :)"

Raffael says, "I was starting to get burnt out a bit but then great hooks jumped in and I'm happy again."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Gothan declaims, "Didn't get a whole lot done this week, but I've had a few good scenes!"

Kinaed states to Gothan, "That's great to hear."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything shitting anyone that staff ought to know about to look at fixing?"

Vicannia claims, "It's been slow, what with getting my new GI created and set up, and thanksgiving and all that fun jazz, but aside from that it's been a pretty great week"

Jamus claims, "This is my first day back, but my new character is doing well. Sorry for bailing like that last time, had some major stuff going on at home. :("

Azarial states, "It happens"

Emma says to Jamus, "It happens! People are understanding."

Kinaed claims to Jamus, "No worries :)"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed says to Vicannia, "I hope things pick up soon for you."

Jamus declaims, "Thanks! :D"

Kinaed declares, "In a good, fun way!"

Jaden pontificates, "I have two alts who are involved in really fun hooks and both have had some great scenes. This character is still in the works but will be an Inquisitor if all goes well!"

Eirian declares to Jamus, "Welcome back!"

Kinaed queries to Vicannia, "Are Inquisitors still open for apps so people can come in out of the gate?"

Gothan declares, "Yeeeeeeeee! More Inquisitors!"

Vicannia states, "Lord knows it's been a long time since I played a GL of any kind, but I imagine I'll get back into the swing of things soon. Apologies to those who are currently waiting to Reynold, planning meetings today. And yes, I would not decline anyone from wanting to make an inquisitor or priest, at least not until we are back to a decent number"

Kinaed smiles.

Jaden cheers!

Kinaed says, "Awesome."

Kinaed claims to Jaden, "Please don't forget to submit an app so staff can set you up. HELP APPLICATION if you haven't seen it yet."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anyone else want to share about the quality of their week on TI?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the silence as "It's time to kick off Player Topics" :)"

Coluber states, "I've been having a good time. :P"

Kinaed questions to Emma, "Won't you start, Emma?"

Emma claims, "I wanted to approach the topic of code support for escapes. Not escapes from places (e.g. Ahalin), but from coded constraints like ropes, cuffs, etc. While I understand that coded escape from bindings exists for Thieves in some capacity, anyone could feasibly attempt to wriggle/break out of bindings with a Dexterity check, Strength check, etc., depending on the type of bond. Graduated difficulties there would be great, and make stronger bindings like manacles more useful and worth the cost than they tend to be now. Right now as far as I know using rope vs. manacles makes no coded difference for security. Manacles may actually be less useful, as Thieves with a pick can escape from them, and rope can't be picked (?). "

Emma says, "So, I suppose what I'm suggesting is a coded system for escaping bonds without RPA. Code to complete the restraint system, so that you can both be bound and escape from bindings, the important part being without RPA. Something like a "struggle" command, maybe, where all attempts cost you dearly in stamina whether successful or not, could even have a risk of injury to the bound body part(s). The idea being that if you can be codedly bound it would feel more balanced to at least have some option of codedly escaping bonds, even if it's very difficult."

Kinaed states to Coluber, "So glad to hear that :)"

Coluber states to Emma, "I like it."

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy to look at that, but I would want to be careful that whatever system we choose isn't a dice roll. Otherwise, statistically, a person can just keep rerolling until they succeed."

Emma asks, "A time limitation maybe? A dice roll that can be done once per OOC hour?"

Vicannia claims, "The thing with being restrained, is it's typically only after you've been beaten into submission, and at that point it's not really feasible for you to attempt an escape. And in ahalin manacles aren't typically applied but rped to be there."

Kinaed says, "That's one option, or another is for it to be a static contest between the captor and the captee - ie, bob is always better at tying knots than Jane is at struggling."

Jaden muses, "I think there should definately be a different between manacles and rope in terms of difficulty to escape. I like that idea overall. Maybe require struggle for rope and lockpicking for manacles?"

Emma nods, "I tend to prefer systems that are coded to prevent ambiguity, but it may not be everyone's tastes."

Emma exclaims, "What Kinaed said!"

Kinaed states, "Anyway, I'm happy to take that on board, but I want to be honest that it's probably not going to be a programming priority for awhile, so you may not see it for a long time."

Emma states, "Anywho! That was my topic. Something to ponder, mega low priority, just something that popped into my head while away."

Raffael states, "I think mannacles would require quite a lot of skill to wiggle out."

Emma grins at Kinaed. "No problemo."

Raffael says, "But ropes... maybe not."

Kinaed nods at Raffael.

Kinaed says, "It'd probably require breaking your own thumb and stuff like that."

Jaden wonders, "Because if you require a tool and a lockpicking skill for manacles otherwise you cannot escape it that might add some extra worth to them?"

Azarial says, "You can;t pick your own manacles."

Emma states, "Breaking your thumbs and wrists, even."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Raffael claims, "I like breaking my thumbs and wrists."

Rimilde queries, "I'd suggest manacles should have lock grades like doors. The better made their are the higher?"

Raffael nods.

Raffael says, "Order beware."

Emma says, "And if you've already been roughed up, wound penalties would still apply per the norm."

Raffael nods at Emma.

Rimilde states, "Unless it's already like that, that way if you have higher lock picking you have a better chance at getting out."

Jaden questions, "Yeah I guess that would be hard. Maybe a struggle command with increase difficulty depending on what has you bound and how hurt you are?"

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Kinaed states, "Thanks for the suggestion, Emma, and the input and ideas everyone else. We'll turn this around a bit more and spec it."

Kinaed wonders, "Next - Raffael, care to introduce us to your topic?"

Raffael claims, "Hey, guys, just wanted to remind you guys that the Troubs now have a new GL and I would be happy to take on any new bards. We're trying to organize events from time to time so that they don't get bored, and also I would like to remind people that the 1st GL spot is open, if anyone wants to apply for it or jump up to it."

Raffael states, "I'm trying to explore the 2nd GL title in itself because I've been wanting to be Poet Knight for a while, because the role is great."

Coluber says to Raffael, "Yay Bards. Bards are the shit."

Gothan declares, "It's good to see that role being used finally!"

Vicannia sighs wistfully "Poor Troubs... always been one of those guilds that just barely scrape it by."

Kinaed trails off, "They were pretty big and active in my time..."

Jaden claims, "Bards should definately get more love."

Raffael declaims, "Trying to change that myself!"

Kinaed says, "Of course, maybe I say that 'cause I was the GL"

Vicannia trails off, "Same here kinaed, when I first joined, I remembered troubs being one of the prominent guilds... infact when I first joined we didn't seem to have the guild number troubles we do now"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anyone else on this topic...? "

Jaden claims, "But I like the idea of performances being put on and such or events that the bards could throw for people."

Coluber states, "I was a horrible GL, back in my time, but bards are rad. Everyone should be monetarily courting their own personal bard."

Jamus claims, "Hah, I remember way back in the day me and a friend did an 'unauthorized performance' in the Bear and the Boar and we got taken to task by the entire guild of Troubadours. It was awesome. :D"

Coluber grins at Jamus.

Kinaed claims, "Well, honestly... given our pbase is much bigger than it used to be, I often wonder if these perceptions of inactivity and absence are real. I remember back when I played Aurian, the GL was never around and it never hurt anything, we just RPed around it. Just made it a bit difficult to seek."

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Emma states, "Huh. Making it law that folks can't perform for coin outside the Troubs, similar to commerce outside the Merchants, is an interesting idea."

Azarial says, "Well, sometimes tose comments also indicate a lack of effort--no mails, no pboards, etc"

Temi claims, "Remember, if you like a type of RP, make sure to make the people that are providing it have fun with the RP you give them back."

Vicannia states, "But is our pbase actually bigger with active people or just people in general. "

Temi states, "Which means... trying to make performances fun for the performer can be a great idea."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "Bigger in all regards."

Vicannia nods

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "For example, if we don't look at active players, our internal stats say that we have 94 active characters."

Kinaed states, "In a week 54 will have actually RPed."

Kinaed says, "Uniquely, that''s 67 players and 42 characters actively RPing."

Emma says, "Wow, nice."

Coluber claims, "That's more than ever were around back in my peak days. I'm pretty happy about it."

Kinaed claims, "The difference between today and back then is that we've changed how we define people as active. In Tam's time, we'd hit a wholist of 25-35, but had no idea how many hours people actually RPed or how many actually RPed."

Temi begins to move west.

Temi slows to a halt.

Vicannia claims, "If that those are the numbers, than one has to wonder why so many of our guilds are suffering in numbers."

Bertrand questions, "Shouldn't the numbwer of characters be hire than players?"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "They're not suffering anywhere near as badly as the used to."

Bertrand claims, "Higher. Whatever."

Kinaed states, "We do have some inactive guilds though, which is a bit of a shame."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, not something to fuss too much about. Just noting that as we started focusing on RPing as the measurement of activity, we've made the situation look worse in comparison than it used to, but realistically speaking, we're probably better off than we were back in Tam's time when we still only ever had 2 Inquisitors, for example, and whole guilds going inactive."

Vicannia says, "Honestly was surprised you even brought back the manus with the order in such a horrid state, as that potentially prevents players from joining the order due to the cross-guild policy"

Kinaed claims, "At least here people are logging in, they just don't get credit for it if they don't RP. :)"

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "We brought the Manus back before the Order got into trouble. It was a long, slow process."

Azarial states, "Iirc the order was better when the manus plot started"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "Okay, we have more player topics and only about 20 min."

Kinaed muses to Jaden, "You're up. :) Care to introduce us to your topic?"

Jaden claims, "Is there any things the players here would like to see from the Order? I'm talking about ways they would like to see Order members get involved in things or if they would like to see more Order based plots and events. I had a few ideas for this guy, he isn't approved yet but I'm hoping he will start as an Inquisitor and he is ment to be something of an antagonist. A few ideas I had for him would be: hosting masses, knocking on doors of homes and businesses to speak with various people in the community, hosting a charity ball or event to raise money for the Order's good works and trying to get regular confessions somewhat enforced. Does anyone have anything they would like to see done by the Order? Or any requests for what will hopefully be a new Inquisitor or things that might be fun to RP that could involve the Order? I want this character to be a pretty busy guy IC so having ideas for plots and events that people would like to see Order members involved in would be great."

Kinaed has transferred Diana. [OOC]

Ismael gives Diana some coins.

Diana declares, "Monies!"

Raffael states, "Mass and confession sounds super fun for me."

Kinaed claims, "If i had to guess, I'd say that players just want active Orderites they can approach when mage-y stuff happens."

Coluber states to Jaden, "One of those old, nagging thoughts: I wanna come confess, but don't want to be made an example of (on any of my characters) for silly minor things."

Emma claims, "I would like to see the Order be proactive insofar as seeking out heresy and bad behavior goes. One bad egg pollutes the community and yada yada. It's a culture in which everyone is everyone else's business, and it would be neat to see the Order react to rumors, seek people out if they hear they're doing immoral things, etc."

Gothan claims, "I think people would really love to see an increased public activity from the Order, I know I would, and I'm sure you'll have loads to do on the Inquisitor side of things."

Kinaed nods at Coluber.

Eirian says, "I'd love active Orderites to approach even if magey stuff isn't happening. Mass and confession sound great."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Kinaed says, "I wrote it into the canon law the confession should be sacrosanct, and even a confession of magery or heresy should be kept under wraps, but most PC Orderites reject that theme. :("

Vicannia states, "Confessions should be private unless of course you confess something major, like adultery or whatnot"

Raffael says, "I would love that kind of canon."

Coluber claims to Emma and Jaden, "Oh man. If people got looked up after rumors about... fornication and whatever circulated, that would be great."

Emma claims, "Bah. That's a shame, Kinaed. Always thought that would make Priests one of the most powerful roles for cross-play between Order and Mages."

Jaden claims, "This guy is designed to be quite proactive, he will likely go out of his way to hunt down suspicous reports or rumors of people sinning. And confession makes great one on one RP even if its kept quiet."

Emma trails off to Coluber, "Right?! Even little things, really..."

Kinaed claims, "It's in there, just ignored because PCs refuse to play it (as Vicannia indicated, she's not in support of it), which means of course, a reduction in confessions."

Emma says, "Dan didn't chalice himself at the pyring. WHY DIDN'T HE? Lets go find out. etc."

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Vicannia claims, "Confession of magery makes no sense to be kept under wraps kinaed, since the pyring will be public, and cleansings such as being dunked in the water are typically public as well"

Vicannia states, "The details may not be public, but the punishments probably will be depending on severity"

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "It does, actually, if confession is actually a holy act with true canocial laws around it."

Jaden claims, "He may give harsh penanaces for repeat offenders but he likely won't make an example of you unless you give him a good reason, open disrespect of the Order, extreme sins, ect. But even then he likely wouldn't reveal what happened in confession."

Eirian exclaims, "As long as it doesn't get upgraded to "Dan wasn't AT the pyring, WHY DIDN'T HE GO?!"

Kinaed claims, "The fact is, people don't just do what they want in the Order, even if it's a theme that they have a lot of power. They're moving within a holy framework with rules and regulations."

Rimilde claims, "I think if rumours are used for grounds to go after someone, they should be easier to track because then you have people technically committing crimes by setting people up."

Emma claims, "Yeah, that doesn't work with MUDs, generally. People are online when they can be."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Esmerelde claims, "And even if they are onlines, multiple alts makes things tough."

Emma states, "Yep yep."

Vicannia questions, "No it doesn't kinaed. If a mage confesses to being a mage, would you propose a private execution? Or that they don't get arrested because they confessed?"

Eirian says, "RPA for rumors sounds like an interesting idea to me."

Emma states, "You wouldn't propose anything. You'd hear the confession and counsel them. "

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "I think rumors are just fine - and honestly, any reason is just fine provided it is IC. The idea is to create and use RP hooks."

Emma says, "And that would be the end of it."

Coluber states to Rimilde, "But the Order can knock on your door and give you a scare without actually -doing- anything. ...but will they? Boogie-boogie."

Rimilde states, "Or even to question, because you are fabricating what now could be used as evidence to pursue. Which is why my lawfuls never use them as a reason to go after someone."

Jaden knocks on Coluber's door...

Kinaed claims, "TI is not intended to be a safe game where people are fine just as long as they sit in a corner doing absolutely nothing. Nowhere can be safe, else people will hide out in corners - to everyone's detriment."

Emma states, "Like a Priest in real life who hears a confession about murder. Doesn't go to the police because it was confession, and confessions are sacred."

Coluber questions to Rimilde, "What? That's just overlooking plot hooks, isn't it?"

Rimilde says, "I think the Order should pursue someone, absolutely but setting someone up should also be pursuable."

Emma ponders, "I don't think it isn't."

Kinaed says, "It is. I don't see that as even being mildly in question."

Esmerelde declares, "Hey, that's two people to pursue!"

Kinaed nods at Esmerelde.

Rimilde states, "Not overlooking them, but using them as grounds for anything, perhaps I'm not explaining well."

Jaden claims, "This guy would pursue on rumors, even if someone was set up he wouldn't know that ICly and it would lead to interesting RP."

Kinaed claims, "I have a feeling that we're headed towards the rabbit hole of 'that's not fair'."

Jaden claims, "Sorry. "

Coluber says to Rimilde, "But you can totally question people. Roll up on them and get their story. Make them all nervous. Use all your power and influence to make waves, without even being corrupt."

Kinaed says, "The thing is, this isn't about fairness, it's about telling a good story. And good stories always have to have some sort of hook or conflict to kick off."

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Jaden claims, "I like conflict and characters making mistakes makes for good story and growth."

Emma claims, "Making mistakes is so fun."

Rimilde claims, "Yes but that person should be able to figure out who set them up, is what I'm trying to say, or the questioner to see who is waisting their time."

Kinaed wonders to Rimilde, "Why?"

Coluber shakes her head at Rimilde. "I disagree. But, there's plenty of other ways to poke plots around. Many opportunities."

Jaden queries, "It sounds like it would be difficult at best if it was just a rumor?"

Rimilde states, "Just my opinion,."

Emma declares, "I think it should be feasible that you can, and it is. It's also feasible to just decide, "This guy doesn't like me so it was absolutely him." and start working against them. Fun stuff!"

Coluber nods at Rimilde.

Jaden claims, "Thats a good point Emma. Blame games can be interesting."

Kinaed says, "I think that knowing who did X or Y or even knowing why they did it is again a matter of people feeling fairly treated. And TI is, at its heart, a simulation interactive literature game. Like life, it just can't always be fair, nor should it."

Jaden pontificates, "Don't like your neighbor? Sic the Inquisition on him!"

Emma states, "I spent ages investigating something, couldn't find the culprit, so picked the one that seemed the most likely."

Emma claims, "Created tons of RP. Was kinda great."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Coluber cackles at Emma. "That's fabulous."

Coluber nods at Jaden.

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Jaden trails off, "Well RL isn't fair at all and this game has a kind of dark theme. What happens IC shouldn't always be right or fair..."

Azarial nods at Jaden.

Vicannia states, "If setting someone up involves them being in jail, then I don't agree kinaed. When jail time is a part of it, it is high unfair and restricting to the victim when they are removed from rp and have no way to rp"

Jaden says, "But it should be fun for the players and create good stories."

Emma questions, "I think Rimi is just saying that it should be possible to investigate false leads, and that it shouldn't be discouraged?"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Eirian claims, "Sounds reasonable."

Kinaed states, "I think we all agree with that too."

Vicannia trails off, "Since I've been on the receiving end of that multiple times..."

Azarial questions, "Please remember when posting that sort of thing to cnote it so staff have a clue when it comes time to investigate via rpa. and mood clearing out someone's semi-public stash, so we at least know ti wasn;t a bug?"

Coluber claims, "Yeahhh, but there should be no -guarantee- that you'll find the truth."

Jamus is idle.

Eirian asks, "Oh, right. It's policy to cnote when framing someone, isn't it?"

Emma declares, "Yup yup!"

Jaden claims, "Well I personally won't be locking people up, questioning them, keeping a close eye on them, demanding they confess regularly and looking into thier IC dealings yes. Jail? Not unless you do something super bad."

Kinaed says to Vicannia, "Fair or not doesn't really come into play though, people still get jailed because they need to be ICly based on what is going on IC. Of course, you can OOCly decide how you'll modify that, but I think the issue is more in the system of improving the jail experience than anything."

Eirian says, "Good reminder."

Bertrand claims, "I just say Cnote early and often."

Kinaed nods at Bertrand.

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Emma claims, "We do need some jail fixes."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Emma says, "It's a viable solution to many things to have it, but it's a dead end for the locked up party, often."

Eirian queries, "What's the status on the jail improvements?"

Kinaed says, "I keep meaning to work on those too. It's definitely on my agenda to put up some automatically timed stuff, etc."

Eirian wonders, "Are those still in the works?"

Jaden states, "Jail seems like a last resort to me."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed nods at Jaden.

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we've got 5 minutes and another topic :)"

Emma says, "I would really love to see the ability to communicate with prisoners through bars or some such. And coded stockades."

Esmerelde says, "Doing something that gives RP instead of takes away RP is always a better choice, I think."

Kinaed wonders to Vicannia, "You had a topic?"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Jaden claims, "I would much rather make them Icly squirm with creepy Inquisitor RP"

Kinaed nods at Esmerelde.

Kinaed smiles at Jaden.

Vicannia clears throat "So with the addition of diseases, I think it would be wise if hooded cloaks were to replace the non-hooded cloaks in chargen. As I understand it to prevent illness in cold weather in Lithmore, you have to fully cloak, aka cloak conceal, not just cloak. However a hood is needed to be able to use cloak conceal. So if we are going to have code that can negatively effect players, even if cyans are immune to that code, it might be a good idea to have the starting clothes reflect this. Though I could also be wrong about cloak conceal being required to prevent illness in cold weather or when wet, but that is simply what I was told so going off what I know."

Vicannia states, "Mind you, I could be completely misunderstanding this whole thing."

Kinaed says, "I'd prefer that all hooded cloaks have to have an in-game origin rather than a freely restrung one."

Azarial claims, "Maybe a hat and cloak could be enough"

Emma says, "That would be great, Az."

Kinaed states, "Given that cyans are immune to most diseases, and certainly the ones that cloaks come into play for, they have plenty of time to source or create one ICly."

Temi states, "We do need to adjust so just getting wet doesn't do it, but rather staying wet."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Vicannia trails off, "Why? It makes no sense for a vandagan to start with a coat that doesn't have a hood, given the enviroment of vandago... and the cloak and hat thing would be amazing"

Kinaed states, "And dirty as well."

Temi says, "I think there's an adjustment for that in the pipeline."

Emma trails off, "Oh! I noticed a little bug just before the meeting with being wet. Might not be a bug, but..."

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "As I said, I want all hooded cloaks to have an in-game point of origin."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Emma claims, "Say if you're in the River and you get wet/should be staying wet because you're in the River, if you cloak conceal your wet flag goes away per the norm."

Vicannia rolls eyes "You implement something that promotes realism, but forsake something else that would further promote realism?"

Kinaed trails off, "We have 3 minutes left, and I do need to leave on time today (sadly, father-in-law's birthday, and I'm actually at his house right now, using his internet, etc)... "

Temi claims, "I do think it's good for the game that seeing a cloaked person outside is entirely normal."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Coluber says, "Happy birthday Father-in-law. :D"

Emma claims, "God, so much agreed."

Kinaed states, "I agree with that."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "I just don't want to give out hooded cloaks with restring abilities in chargen to new players."

Kinaed says, "I'd far prefer they either get the skill to make such things and do that, or have to buy them in-game from somewhere traceable."

Eirian says, "So happy with that change, even if I don't play a covert character anymore. Glad it's there."

Vicannia claims, "Than remove the ability to restring, and force them to buy new clothes in game which would promote rp more than restring does"

Jamus is no longer idle.

Jamus has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says to Vicannia, "I don't think it has to be either or, I think that restring in chargen is generally okay."

Kinaed claims, "But just not on this point, which is why I've allowed some and not all. Though I have questioned if we should do that, and if people should actually have to purchase clothing to restring in chargen from a shop like many other games require. I just haven't decided."

Eirian says, "Instead of donating blankets this winter, donate hooded cloaks. ^_^"

Coluber grins at Eirian.

Vicannia shakes head and backs off

Kinaed claims, "Time's up - at least for me. I'm happy for people to continue, but then I'll have to turn it over to staff to wrap up."

Temi muses, "Do people want to discuss more without Kin?"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, passing to Temi for wrap up - thanks for coming everyone :)"

Kinaed has left the game.

Eirian says, "For added fun, donate cloaks described as blankets. Wrap yourselves up and run through the streets."

Diana is idle.
Gothan is idle.

Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.

Eirian claims, "Wreak havoc as the Quilted Invader."

Gothan is no longer idle.
Gothan has returned from AFK.

Coluber states to Temi, "This was good listening/conversation. I'm okay with a trans back though."

Vicannia says, "I have nothing to add temi. It is a useless argument from what I am perceiving"

Eirian states, "Me too. Thanks for the meeting, all."

Coluber waves.

Eirian waves.

Emma states, "Take care all."

Gothan pontificates, "Beam me up scotty!"

Temi pontificates, "Alright. Well, I'll go ahead and send folks back then!"

Jaden declaims, "Thank you all!"

Gothan has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Diana has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Jamus has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Rimilde has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Eirian has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]