Log of OOC meeting 11/12/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Temi states, "So, our agenda for today is 1) staff updates, 2) player heartbeat, 3) player topics."

Temi wonders, "Does anyone want to get any topics on the agenda right off the bat?"

Azarial says, "Brb, dryer"

Merick states, "I'm just here listening"

Merick says, "Getting in the swing"

Vicannia claims, "I'd iike to bring up a topic"

Temi nods at Vicannia.

Talg trails off, "I am listening too..."

Temi claims, "Okay. Got Vicannia. If anyone else comes up with something as we go along, please feel free to let me know and I'll get you on the list"

Nalani is mostly just here to observe as well. But if I think of anything to add I will speak up.

Temi declaims, "Continuing on to staff updates then!"

Temi has transferred Estone. [OOC]

Temi gives a pale pink, heart-shaped pillow trimmed with a lace ruffle to Estone.

Temi says, "I'll start out, since I'm already talking."

Estone wakes and stands up.

Estone begins to move west.

Temi states, "Mostly RPA and request responses and such. I've also started adjusting the substances for maximum withdrawal level."

Estone slows to a halt.

Estone sits down and rests.

Ariadne sits down and rests.

Talg says, "Sit still Estone."

Ariadne opens an amorphous satchel of softened homespun upon a worn strap.

Ariadne closes an amorphous satchel of softened homespun upon a worn strap.

Talg puts his weight on one stirrup and swings his leg over a brown horse with wooden rings woven into its mane.

Temi says, "Az is currently working on redoing withdrawal so it's more RP friendly. We think that should be about done. One of the big changes there is that not all substances will have the same levels of withdrawal, and they don't start off at the worst."

Talg carefully dismounts from a brown horse with wooden rings woven into its mane.

Talg sits down and rests.

Merick snerks, gnawing on jelly beans

Merick asks, "Rp friendly?"

Merick claims, "I think I likely don't know much about that yet, I'll just listen lol"

Ariadne states, "That's awesome."

Temi claims, "Not spamming with messages constantly, draining and gradually accruing wounds."

Temi states, "The previous version of withdrawal was great and it did not mesh well with wound updates."

Ariadne says, "Or knocking the victim out throughout most of the rp. Thumbs up to imms."

Temi nods at Ariadne.

Talg says, "That would have been nasty, wounds are a nuisance."

Diana states, "They're only a neuscence when you don't get them treated."

Diana laughs.

Diana pokes the Talg

Temi states, "Yep, so it's much better now. Anyway, there's three levels: irritability, withdrawal and severe withdrawal."

Talg chuckles

Temi claims, "Wounds only happen now at severe withdrawal, and they're just one at start and end of it, not constant."

Temi says, "And each substance has its own maximum level - so only certain substances known for being badly addictive should even be able to hit the third level."

Ariadne wonders, "Has anything been upped or lessened? I.E. if you're drinking whisky every day, I'd think you'd get adicted fairly quickly?"

Temi claims, "So, you can feel free to get addicted to regular substances with much less concern."

Talg raises his hand.

Azarial claims, "Back"

Temi states, "No adjustments for alcohol yet, but I do have a note to edit it at some point."

Temi claims, "This is mainly for the withdrawal, no changes on addiction itself."

Temi muses, "Yes, Talg?"

Ariadne smiles.

Ariadne nods.

Talg muses, "So, is there a scary bad underbelly to Lithmore I am totally unaware of as a newby?"

Diana questions, "Also, will the withdrawal symptoms eventually end?"

Ariadne raises a brow at Talg.

Azarial claims, "Yes"

Temi claims, "Yes, withdrawal will progress and eventually be gone. It will also go away whenever you take the substance."

Aios states to Talg, "Possibly more than one scary bad underbelly."

Merick claims to Talg, "Boo"

Temi claims, "There is definitely a dark underbelly of Lithmore, and we want to make it more encouraging to RP with."

Temi says, "How much people engage with them now may vary some."

Talg claims, "Ok, thanks."

Temi wonders, "Alright. Continuing on then! Update from Az?"

Vicannia begins to feel faintly numb, starting in her fingertips, though it spreads out gradually over her whole body. With the numbing comes a deadening of any pain, providing some relief and mostly knocking her senseless.

Talg throws something at Az.

Azarial says, "Alrighty"

Azarial claims, "Bugs, crashes, typos, some requests, and a few staff note thingies i believe"

Azarial claims, "I'll try to update news with some of the latest ones, but it;s not been a good month or two."

Azarial states, "Else I would nevcer have consdiered posting tht. anyone interested can poke me for an email to contact with"

Ismael comforts Azarial.

Azarial trails off, "But i figure getting somehting in return is a bit better than just a donation, and it does work, so..."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Nalani offers Azarial a hug? "I hope it gets better."

Temi claims, "For context, the general board post is Az's spouse's business and a way to help support his ability to be here for us. Kin okayed his posting it and is not a new plan for a bunch of general board ads."

Azarial claims, "Let;'s see. some city forecast fixes, support and subvert now store to the support history, the changes to withdrwal last night adn today, the appraise crashes, fixing warrant to work better, multiple windows in a room work mproperl--prt of which made them m'dark'; big note from the room for windows you should be able to look through when open"

Azarial states, "Bug note"

Azarial claims, "The ledger/board/paper issue should be resolved across the board; i couldn;t fix that without templates and xinoe's distraction is mobile."

Azarial claims, "Regular support add/remove should work with aliases. still need to work out the exception for the tenebrae."

Gothan declares, "Yessssss! I've had loads of stuff I've been waiting to shove into ledgers!"

Azarial says, "...i am also not allowed to suggest recipes for catr to hanle said distraction."

Azarial claims, "My guilf on archeage doens;t want ot hear them either for some reqaon. <_<"

Azarial queries, "Ummm. affects were removed form score this week or last?"

Xinoe says, "There may still be some ledgers that give errors. If you run across them, just let me know."

Temi queries to Xinoe, "Best option for that is.. pboard? request board?"

Azarial says, "Request; i can fix them too and i don;t read the pboard. too much stuff I don;t need to see."

Xinoe declares, "Request board is good!"

Xinoe nods.

Xinoe states, "Sorry. Still distracted. :)"

Azarial hasb been fixing typos, crafting recipes, replacing helpfiles, etc.

Ariadne asks, "Can statuses in affects return their time left in hours rather than minutes, like they used to in score?"

Temi states, "Okay! If you have problems with your ledgers, post on request board about them."

Ariadne states, "Was easier to follow."

Temi has transferred Klaetela. [OOC]

Temi gives a pale pink, heart-shaped pillow trimmed with a lace ruffle to Klaetela.

Azarial claims, "The code is the same. the difference is taht it was removed form score to clarify the output and simplify it for multiple cases. score isn;t there to tell you why you are sick, just that you are."

Ariadne trails off, "It used to read back in hours though, not just minutes..."

Talg waves at klaetela

Barcus is idle.

Klaetela waves.

Azarial states, "Some things don;t hvae a timer, as well; they are removed as conditions are met."

Barcus is no longer idle.

Temi wonders, "Okay, thanks Az! Anything else you wan to add?"
Barcus has returned from AFK.

Azarial claims, "At one point, it said hours, which meant game hours."

Klaetela sits pillow

Azarial claims, "And game hours haven;t been that long in at least a decade. so it was turned to rl minuytes."

Azarial states, "Umm, i think that covers it for me."

Temi wonders, "Okay, great! Xinoe, you have an update for us, yes?"

Azarial pulls the lasagne out of the oven.

Xinoe pontificates, "I don't have much of an update unfortunately! I've been very busy with RL so I haven't had much time for anything here. You have all been wonderfully patient with me and the art skill. I'd like to get it done this week if at all possible. Though most of it won't apply to our word count, I am using it as my LithNoWriMo goal.

And on the subject of LithNoWriMo, I want to say that I'm really impressed with how well you've all been doing so far! We're about 35 percent done so we're kind of right on schedule for making 50,000 words by the end of the month. A special thank you to everybody who's contributed so far! I know I have a few pnotes about submissions too, so I'll probably be updating the count later. But if anyone has questions about the contest, I should be around for a little while longer today, otherwise please mail or pnote and I'll get back to you asap, thanks!"

Ismael smiles at Xinoe.

Diana queries, "Oh yeah, I've been kind of asking this on visnet, but you've been afk. My question is a quick one. If you already have a blog, and you make a post that falls under this month, do I have to req board you about it to get it added to the word count?"

Temi wonders, "There's QP involved for meeting our goals, aren't there?"

Azarial says, "Xin, don;t drink catnip tea. i accidentally got a distraction stuck in the garbage disposal becuase i wasn;t thinking and washed my cupout in the sink. i don;t know what was more pathertic--the echoing meowing in the closed space, or that he fought us trying to get him out becuase he hadn;t gotten the catnip yet."

Azarial trails off, "....mischan >_<"

Ariadne smiles.

Estone has lost link.

Ariadne states to Xinoe, "It's loads of fun."

Xinoe states, "You can request board a heads up but I'm keeping an eye on the website for alerts of new posts."

Nalani questions, "Do player written songs count towards the total? I came up with one, though its not really long. But maybe I could write several more before the end of the month?"

Temi states, "We've definitely had books of player-written songs before, at the very least."

Xinoe claims, "Are they for use IC or about the game? They absoluetly count! If you can put them in a ledger or something for us, that would work perfectly. We can grab a copy."

Xinoe nods at Temi.

Xinoe grins at Azarial.

Talg queries, "What exactly are you writing?"

Ariadne states, "Sorry all my writing's been blog only. I should try doing a book before Dec."

Ariadne states, "Contribute something at least."

Nalani already came up with it IC and sung it once. She could easily write a song book of sorts though!

Diana states, "Yeah, all my writings, as scarce as they may be, are blog only."

Temi states, "Blogs count too."

Ariadne trails off, "Aye, but they don't really help the game..."

Xinoe declaims, "They do, actually!"

Xinoe states, "For people who visit our site, they see recent blog entries."

Xinoe claims, "So we're showing of our engaged and creative pbase."

Ariadne grins.

Talg muses, "Is there a helpfile on this so I can make heads and tails of all that is involved?"

Ariadne states, "I've been having a lot of fun with it. It really gives me a chance to explore my character in ways I can bring into actual rp."

Azarial asks, "Is there a page with links to all of the blogs?"

Temi finishes abruptly, "There's a post - announce board 5"

Xinoe nods at Temi.

Talg nods

Temi has transferred Maerilin. [OOC]

Temi gives a pale pink, heart-shaped pillow trimmed with a lace ruffle to Maerilin.

Nalani says, "Now I'm considering starting up a blog, so I can keep a journal on my character and maybe share a bit of backstory and such."

Temi claims, "It can be a lot of fun."

Vicannia says, "Theres a little thing on the front page of TI that says recent blog posts azarial.. that's it as far as I know"

Xinoe says, "They can be great fun, I hear."

Nalani claims, "It sounds fun."

Xinoe grins.

Barcus says, "They're great. I need to update my own blog."

Xinoe claims, "Yeah, I'm not sure we have a master list of blogs available. Hm."

Temi muses, "Okay! Anything else you want to say, Xinoe?"

Azarial nods at Vicannia.

Xinoe states to Barcus, "Please do! Not just for the word count, of course."

Xinoe declaims, "Nope, that's my update. Thanks!"

Temi muses, "Okay then! Ismael?"

Barcus nods at Xinoe.

Ismael states, "Requests, requests, requests! What's that? A request? Pow, pow, pow! I've been the Conor McGregor of requests! Though today and yesterday I slacked off a bit. Also preparing for the monthly plot and this will be you all when it goes down: http://bit.ly/2g6i63S"

Temi grins.

Merick declaims, "Aw hell naw!"

Vicannia has a bunker for a reason

Temi pontificates, "Sounds like fun. Okay then!"

Diana says, "Can't see the pic, that has... no context for me whatsoever."

Ariadne says, "Me either."

Nalani exclaims, "So our house is going to burn down around us? Fun! "

Ariadne states, "But I'll bunk with Vicannia just cause it sounds bad. XD"

Nalani gets the matches?

Vicannia will forcefully sacrifice you to the fireplace.

Ariadne trails off, "On second thought..."

Ariadne laughs.

Merick claims, "Dog drinking in an establishment that's slowly burning, saying 'Tthis is fine. I'm okay with the events thare are unfolding currently.""

Xinoe grins at Merick.

Temi declares, "Alright then. Moving on!"

Ariadne states, "Just the new brand of firebreather."

Merick laughs.

Temi wonders, "Player heartbeat. How's RP this week?"

Merick says, "I'll tell you next week, I just got back"

Ariadne says, "Spiradic, but that's purposeful. Awkward when I do rp but that's also intentional, so going very well."

Temi states, "Great when things go as we plan them."

Temi grins.

Diana says, "Ah it's been fun!!! The event last night went off without a hitch, minus minor issue of a person not showing up for the event. It was great. I rpechoed more druing that one event than I have... ever done in... well ever. :d"

Vicannia is a blank slate when it comes to that question "Haven't been in any rp this week...

Ariadne claims, "It was really well done."

Nalani states, "I only got here very recently but so far things have been good! I've been able to get some very fun RP so I'm grateful for that. :)"

Temi questions to Vicannia, "None you wanted to be in, or couldn't find any?"

Ariadne states, "I had a lot of fun rpechoing some npc's myself. I like events that support the ability to do that."

Vicannia claims, "Wasn"

Gothan declaims, "Yeah I really enjoyed that event, Diana did a great job putting it on!"

Ariadne nods.

Diana declaims, "Aww thanks!!! it was awesomeness!!!"

Vicannia says, "Wasn't exactly actively pursueing rp. If I happened to be drawn into some, great, if not, no sweat off my bac"

Ariadne claims, "Thank you for opening the reception to the public base. That was great."

Azarial claims, "It;s a short step form event to a story, which can offer more tools for the echoing and what not"

Vicannia throws a cat who is trying to get onto his lap

Azarial asks of Vicannia, "I have a delightful marinade....?"

Gothan claims, "Otherwise been hectic for me, since Goodryke liquidated we have no Grand Inquisitor - or any Inquisitors for that matter, so if anyone is interested in apping in then I urge you to do so. So I don't pull out all my hair. "

Talg smiles. Then adds, "I have found everyone more than happy to RP.

Ariadne comforts Gothan.

Nalani offers Gothan a hug.

Gothan exclaims, "You'll get lots of roleplay out of it and I've got mountain stacks for them to get through!"

Vicannia pontificates, "Might take you up on the offer Az. He's being very forceful in the 'You will love me now!' department"

Gothan sobs

Ariadne gets tired just thinking of Inquisitor work.

Azarial states, "Okay, drop me a note, i'll write it up."

Temi queries, "Okay. Anything bugging anyone, things the staff ought to know about?"

Vicannia chuckles

Gothan states, "One thing"

Temi nods at Gothan.

Gothan claims, "A couple OOC meets ago there was talk about setting up another shop NPC for the Knights, so we can get a hold of all the anti-mage goodies - I'm not sure if this got the green light or not but I've not heard anything since. "

Azarial questions, "I thought they were set to add to the shop when the metrics were right?"

Gothan states, "I don't remember that, but I could be wrong (probably am)"

Temi states, "I believe that Kin did add them, and they're set to restock based on piety levels."

Azarial claims, "And i need to pack up. bbiaf"

Azarial has left the game.

Barcus says, "I just want to remind the people that the base of this community is cooperative story-telling and gradually I've been feeling that essence has been fading away. If someone else takes the time to put words into a paragraph for you, at least take that into consideration instead of brushing that roleplay aside because it does not match your IC goals.say I just want to remind the people that the base of this community is cooperative story-telling and gradually I've been feeling that essence has been fading away. If someone else takes the time to put words into a paragraph for you, at least take that into consideration instead of brushing that roleplay aside because it does not match your IC goals."

Barcus says, "No idea why that was pasted twice. My fingers are working against me."

Ariadne wonders, "?"

Merick chuckles

Temi claims, "That's a good reminder, in general."

Temi nods at Barcus.

Talg claims, "I get it. Makes sense Barcus."

Ariadne says, "Well, apologies if I missed poses last night."

Barcus claims, "I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, sorry if anyone feels it's being pointed at them."

Barcus pontificates to Ariadne, "I don't recall any missed poses!"

Diana states, "Yeah, last night was a big scene. It's good to remember, sometimes, things get ignored, not on purpose, but because people just didn't see them. it's always good policy to send a tell, asking if they got it, especially if you're feeling ignored."

Temi has transferred Cicero. [OOC]

Temi gives a pale pink, heart-shaped pillow trimmed with a lace ruffle to Cicero.

Gothan questions, "Temi, I'm not sure which shop mob is supposed to sell em', none of the current ones do... but probably because piety is rubbish at the moment?"

Temi says to Gothan, "I think so, yeah."

Gothan claims, "That's good to know! Thanks."

Nalani nods to Barcus and thinks thats a good reminder to give. I sometimes have an awful time with lag and disconnecting so I apologize in advance to those that RP with me. Normally I'm able to get right back on, but I know its annoying.

Temi says to Cicero, "That's just a silly gift we give to thank folks for coming to the OOC chat, based on some big RP even tof the week"

Merick hums

Merick says, "Sucks I missed yesterdays stuff"

Cicero claims, "Okay, thanks. What is the scoop with the war between Lithmore and Daravi? Is that actually going on? I don't see anyone playing the story."

Ariadne wonders, "I think it's just background stuff?"

Nalani states, "I missed it too Merick."

Diana claims, "Right, it's just background lore."

Ariadne states, "But would be really cool if it was more in your face."

Merick claims to Cicero, "I'm gonna have to catch up on that, thanks for the reminder."

Bertrand trails off, "Officially the withdraw happened years ago..."

Temi claims, "I think we can also suggest that if someone gives you RP hooks, it can be more fun to run with them, rather than playing them down."

Vicannia trails off, "I think the withdraw was only from Edessa... I don't think the actual war with darav ended bertrand"

Ariadne claims, "I'll admit that I don't always recognize a hook."

Temi says, "Currently, the Farin are protecting the passes against the Daravi. There's occasional skirmishes, but it's all hundreds of miles away."

Nalani says, "I agree with that Temi. RP hooks can be used for character growth and can lead to changing IC goals, which is fun for me anyway."

Cicero says, "You see, I've tried to bring it up ICly, but it's like no one really knows. I've heard suggestion of a 'Cold War' but even then, the last realistic 'Cold War' did have an effect on both countries."

Temi states, "You'll often see people playing as veterans of the conflict there, or Farin being more likely to be knights because of their close cultural ties with the fight there"

Gothan states, "The only people who would really have anything of note to say about it would be the Knights, considering they have a large garrison on the border."

Temi states, "We've occasionally had Lithmore-centered affects of the war, but mostly it's in Farin."

Talg says, "Or sent from the fighting."

Temi asks, "Okay! Let's keep going on. Vicannia, you had a topic you wanted to bring up?"

Vicannia states, "Yep"

Estone is idle.

Vicannia clears throat "So the topic I wished to bring up is in regards to applications. Specifically roles that have gone unfilled for sometime. I think in order to see some of these more important roles filled we need to make it easier to fill said roles. The purpose of the applications is to fill a role, so instead of having to work your way up to said role, you start with it, essentially having a somewhat established character. Unless you are one of the FEW people who have a massive store of xp and or qp, this is a difficult aspect. Typically you have to cut corners just to get some skills that make sense, for example knighst having at least one weapon and defense skill. I've legitimately had to forgo my character having any skill in their native tongue just so they could speak lithmorran. Lord forbid you want to play a gentry, there goes majority of your xp." pauses "Basically what I am saying is that perhaps a large reason most of these roles are not being filled is because people just can't reasonably fill them, and maybe staff should consider giving an xp bonus to those who app into a role, or maybe lift the requirement of qp to improve skills beyond 36 in chargen. Like right now, I'd love to app into a knight, but I did my math, and I'd be basically stripping my self barren on what little xp and qp reserves I have just to make a competent, freemen knight, with master rank in a single weapon and single defense skill, ranks that mind you make sense for a supposedly trained knight to have. And I don't particularly feel like stripping myself bare just to create a single character for a needed role." shrugs "Something needs to change in the application process."

Ariadne heartily agrees.

Temi questions, "So your concern is that it costs too much xp to fill an application role?"

Ariadne nods.

Temi wonders, "What level of skills do you think you need for an application? You should have 50k xp to work with for any new character"

Vicannia claims, "Not so much that it costs too much xp, but that the xp that is given does not work for a character is supposed to be established."

Ariadne says, "If you're a knight, Vicannia brings up a point. A fully trained knight would have more than profiscient skill in weapons and defense. It's silly to app into a knight who can't hold their own."

Ariadne claims, "Language takes a lot if the knight's anything but lithmorran"

Diana states, "Right, and it wouldn't make sense either, for a knight to only have proficiency and be well... a knight."

Temi questions, "So, would it help, if you still had to spend xp on the skill, but you could get up to 60 for a role-necessary skill with no qp cost or something?"

Cicero questions, "How do you counter the situation when a player chooses to be a Knight simply for the bonus in power?"

Ariadne questions, "What bonus?"

Vicannia states, "I think it would make it alot easier, may be still some hitches in the process but it would help"

Talg bows out of the meeting quietly

Nalani muses, "I think Temi ment using existing xp? But lifting the cap on knightly skills?"

Talg has left the game.

Ariadne says to Temi, "Might be a start. QP can be difficult to come by in stores large enough for skilling up fairly high."

Temi queries, "Is that the main concern? Or is it that there's not enough xp on a starting character, or what?"

Cicero queries, "What is being suggested are perks when attempting to apply as a Knight straight out of the Gate. What's to stop this from being chosen just to get a boost. For example, if I make a Freeman and you make a Freeman. You go knight and I go something else entirely. Is the player who goes 'Knight' better spec'd than the one who does not choose a Knight?"

Vicannia says, "It's a mixture of both temi. Not enough xp unless you cut alot of corners even then you are starting out with basically nothing but what skills you can manage to muster up, and the qp limitation on skills in chargen for application characters"

Ariadne trails off, "Well, it depends on how competent you want your knight to be. A knight with two defenses and weapon skills, plus language, then if they're gentry initially... not enough"

Temi says to Cicero, "It wouldn't be a boost beyond what anyone else could be, just a headstart, I think"

Merick says, "I don't think any one class should get an advantage over another"

Temi states, "And they would have to fill out an application to start there."

Ariadne nods at Vicannia.

Vicannia states, "Even without gentry ariadne it's not enough typically"

Merick states, "Not right out of the gate, that is, if you work for it fine."

Cicero wonders to Temi, "Then wouldn't a more 'fair' change be to grant additional starter xp to all players?"

Temi says, "I'm trying to figure out what the issue is."

Nalani wonders, "Perhaps the idea could apply to all established concepts that are applied for?"

Nalani queries, "Including merchants, and bards and other non combat types as well?"

Temi asks, "How much xp do you think you need to purchase a 'solid' character, instead of a starter one?"

Maya muses, "Maybe an app character, once approved, could get 50k more bonus XP and can request to raise ranks up to 60? Something like that?"

Ariadne claims, "I think plainly, Temi, there's not enough starting xp to make a well rounded combat character."

Cicero states to Temi, "If I am understanding this correctly, is the mash up of being a Gentry, Knight, and decent in combat."

Ariadne claims, "Especially if it's an apping in char"

Vicannia states, "Not just combat characters either, so that is the main focus"

Cicero states, "Which, it doesn't make sense to me for an Order to send their Gentry to fight rather than their Freemen and Peasants."

Maerilin is idle.

Temi states, "Gentry is definitely not required for most of these roles."

Ariadne claims, "Not all gentry are inheriting gentry. Some can be second, third, seventh children in their lines who need to find work, and being a knight is a noble profession."

Temi questions, "What would you guys think of a bounty on certain roles that go unfulfilled for a long time? So much extra bonus xp (not shared across the account), that comes if you start that character?"

Cicero says to Ariadne, "You aren't wrong. However, I think a solution would be to increase starter XP. 25% to start, see how the build goes and adjust from there."

Gothan says, "I think that would be a good incentive to get people to fill them"

Ariadne nods.

Ariadne states, "It would provide the extra xp needed for that character that couldn't be abused by alts"

Vicannia claims, "That is basically exactly what I am suggesting temi. For roles that have gone unfulfilled for a certain amount of time, untold amount of time for that fact, there should be a bonus"

Temi states, "I am curious how much xp you guys think you need for a solid character. I've always thought our starter xp was pretty generous."

Ariadne questions, "I've found it harder working combat characters with the starter xp myself. For the average joe shmo, it seems to be enough???"

Vicannia says, "It's generous for just that, a starter character. an application character is one who should have "Established" skills since they are filling an established role"

Ariadne asks, "Depends on your concept?"

Klaetela finishes abruptly, "I'm very new here, so anything I say should probably be taken with a grain of salt, and even then some of the numbers and terms being bandied are kind of beyond me. But - I've got a thought on the beginning Xp thing"

Temi nods at Klaetela.

Temi pontificates, "We'd be glad to hear it from people just getting started too!"

Cicero asks of Vicannia, "What about a boost in xp just for accepting the role?"

Vicannia states, "Again, a knight being the prime example. It makes no sense for a knight to start with 36 in any combat skill, as they are suppose to be established, trained characters"

Ariadne nods.

Cicero questions to Vicannia, "That would make sense to me as well. Or at least offer the guildskills at master and keep the starter xp at 50k. Or is that too much??"

Vicannia claims, "That means more xp has to be spent, and qp for that matter, to make the character fit the role"

Ariadne apped into a knight like that and in the end, being incompetent helped me just not want to play them anymore.

Temi claims, "I'm putting both xp bounties and increasing skills above 36 for application characters on the list of things to chat with Kin about"

Temi muses, "Were there other ideas I missed that we should bring up?"

Vicannia shakes head "That's all the ideas I had on it."

Temi states, "Okay! We'll move on then."

Temi queries, "Maerilin, you had a topic?"

Maerilin is no longer idle.
Maerilin has returned from AFK.

Temi claims, "Whoops"

Temi wonders, "Maerilin, you had a topic?"

Temi exclaims, "Nope, no longer does!"

Maerilin claims, "Not anymore! I thought more on it and decided it was a bad idea."

Temi queries, "Okay. Does anyone else have anything they want to discuss today?"

Temi exclaims, "Alright, I think we're good. Let's finish up with a quick reminder from Aios!"

Aios states, "Just wanted to mention that the Merchants Guild is hosting a Winter Market event today, starting very shortly. Free food and drink, fun social goodness, and great stuff to buy each other for Yule. See IC Event note 14 for additional details."

Gothan claims, "Free food and drink? Gimme."

Vicannia wonders if there will be something who will challenge my character to another bidding war.

Vicannia states, "Someone*"

Temi declaims, "Okay, great. One more plug: please remember to recommend your fellow RPers who are helping to spur on your RP, and don't forget to vote for TI!"

Gothan cheers!

Maya waves.

Ariadne waves.

Temi exclaims, "Okay, I think we're all done then. Sending everyone back!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information