Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Temi muses, "Alright. I have Goodryke for topics. Anyone else?"

Vicannia claims, "I have a very minor thing"

Eirian says to Temi, "Me too."

Eirian states, "Got a thing to bring up."

Temi muses, "Okay, got both of you. Anybody else?"

Temi claims, "Okay. Let's go on ahead then. Our agenda is 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player topics."

[Action: Goodryke is hanging from a noose ]

Temi claims, "I'll start with updates... not a whole lot of interest. Some RPAs and questions and things like that."

Temi has transferred Ariadne. [OOC]

Temi gives a plump ceramic pig with painted designs and a hollow belly to Ariadne.

Ariadne smiles.

Temi queries, "Az? Do you have an update for us?"

[Action: Nicu is dancing around the throne of Gold. ]

Azarial says, "Just a few bugs this week. yet another stress induced illness."

Temi comforts Azarial.

Temi states, "Hope you're feeling better and getting some chance to relax"

Temi questions, "Ismael?"

Azarial claims, "Thanks, me too."

Ariadne opens an amorphous satchel of softened homespun upon a worn strap.

Ariadne puts a plump ceramic pig with painted designs and a hollow belly in an amorphous satchel of softened homespun upon a worn strap.

Ariadne closes an amorphous satchel of softened homespun upon a worn strap.

Ismael states, "Not much, I have been trying to plan the upcoming monthly plot and solving requests where I can. I am waiting for review on the assets spec before moving on to the next phase, but this week the monthly plot should keep me quite busy."

Ariadne perks up.

Temi exclaims, "Great, thanks! Looking forwards to the plot after the preliminary chatting we did on it!"

Ismael grins at Temi.

Ismael declares, "Me too! Great ideas!"

Ariadne states, "Now you're just teasing us."

Temi claims, "We'll just have to leave all these players anticipating."

Goodryke says, "Telling you, hole in the skies"

Goodryke states, "And demons crawling through it"

Ariadne swings Goodryke idly from his noose, anticipating.

Vicannia muses, "So dragon age inquisition?"

Ismael grins.

Temi claims, "Okay then. I think that's about the staff update. Quiet week for us."

Temi asks, "Player heartbeat... how about for you guys? How's RP? How's everything feeling?"

Ismael exclaims, "After the calm comes the storm!"

Ariadne wonders to Temi, "Art soon?"

Ariadne looks hopeful.

Ismael perks up to listen for the player heartbeat.

Temi states, "I think Xinoe has also been busy."

Ariadne says, "Quiet. But that's on purpose, so I'm enjoying myself with whatever I end up doing."

Vicannia states, "Phew... where to start with rp. While I have not been around very much, what little rp I have been in has been of the... deep kind."

Ismael freezes Barcus.

Vicannia trails off, "Also had fun rping my first illness since it's implementation..."

Ismael unfreezes Barcus.

Barcus exclaims, "It has been super fun!"

Barcus nods in agreement with Vicannia.

Ismael freezes Barcus.

Diana says, "My char's planning an event, so the mail and the rp is endless at the moment, especially with it less than a week away."

Vicannia says, "Been a long while since we had a wedding of any sort"

Ismael unfreezes Barcus.

Barcus claims to Ismael, "Better! Thanks."

Ariadne queries, "Wait, that's actually a thing?"

Nicu has had lots of fun so far. I've been job seeking and such and have had some mail and quite a bit of good RP happening.

Ariadne questions, "Freezing?"

Temi states, "Sounds like some good stuff going on"

Temi claims, "Ismael was just testing a command."

Ariadne claims to Nicu, "Welcome."

Goodryke claims to Temi, "Tiss witchcraft I say"

Nicu pontificates, "Thank you Ariadne!"

Temi claims, "I think they got it worked out."

Ariadne states to Goodryke, "Shhh. You're hung. You can't persecute her anymore."

Ariadne nods at Nicu.

Temi questions, "So anyway, sounds pretty good overall. No complaints or anything bugging folks on the whole about RP?"

Goodryke queries to Ariadne, "Barins?"

Goodryke claims to Temi, "My topic is one big complaint though"

Goodryke claims, "So it will even out"

Nicu claims, "So far all the RP and the people have been great for me."

Vicannia claims, "Nothing bugging me more than what has already bugged me for the longest time, so yeah no no new complaints from me"

Temi wonders, "Oh, never going to complain about lack of complaints, but let's move on to topics then. Big complaint incoming, Goodryke?"

Temi grins at Goodryke.

Goodryke declaims, "It is!"

Goodryke says, "My issue will certainly not make me more popular but, well, I need to say it. And it's about to explain a bit the life of playing inquisitor. It has a lot of downsides - IC paperwork, careful cnotes (when other players life is on the line you want them up to snuff) and the ongoing wave of players who will avoid RP with you altogether, not to mention the few out of the rest who will dare to develop some relations with it. Oh and a big target on his back and being defenceless. But it has one supposed upside that makes it all worth it, at least for me - the detective work against magery. I was thrilled when I started, it sounded cool, although very much overwhelming for new guy on the block. Then Reality struck. Where magic is constantly used, often for nefarious needs and in shameless places, but there is almost never any evidence left. Not even a mood for serial magic casting in one very public place. "

Goodryke says, "I am not here to judge on case of policy, that part I have raised already with staff, but I am here to explain to mages who will read it that. I am a player who wants to enjoy this game and role. And every time they keep on pulling magery without leaving any trace - they are denying me the single RP upside that comes with playing the role. I am not saying that you should leave your address, name and date of next human sacrifice, but why not leave some subtle mood whenever you cast a spell in a room? Or once in a while, get carefree and lose an item from your inventory. Or maybe when passing woods, you caught up in a branch and part of your cloak of invisibility tore, so leave it behind (or something else broken). Because if you want the crimes to go on uncaught, then why have inquisiitors at all? And maybe, just maybe, that is the reason no one wants to play them? It sure is a reason why I am very seriously considering whether to even bother going on with Goodryke (and why I wasn't on for last 2 days), because I would have a lot more fun playing anyone who simply isn't an inquisitor. And not becuase I don't want to play the role - as I love the idea behind it, but because right now it's just one big downside."

Temi nods.

Goodryke says to Temi, "See, I wasn't kidding :P"

Temi states, "Leaving subtle clues that don't give everything away is a tough balance for folks and systems"

Vicannia says, "Here is the thing goodryke, most spells, won't leave a trace. Secondly, I get where you are coming from, but not too long ago the roles were switched. Mages were asking for a little leeway from the order and knights... It's always gonna be this constant shifting of wanting something from the otherside yet the otherside isn't willing to give it."

Temi says, "If anyone has good ideas on how to manage that, we are always looking for it"

Goodryke finishes abruptly to Vicannia, "If you cast a spell in middle of town, in front of guards, enough that I get notification on ODT about it - I have my doubts"

Vicannia says, "I played a mage that put themselves at risk to provide rp for the order... know what it got me? A swift death the one time I risked my character to give everyone a chance at unique rp. And goodryke, you can cast a spell, and it not leave any evidence. doesn't mean people won't see it, but once it dissapates, no evidence for most spells"

Goodryke trails off, "And really, never slipping, never leaving a trace is just plain play to win in my eyes. No one is perfect, everyone leaves something behind every now and then. And... not the case here"

Goodryke says to Vicannia, ""a terrified townfolk stands here, staring into nowhere and making chalices""

Barcus claims, "I think that leaving trails is cool, but at the same time not everyone wants to play a mage that is actively being chased. Sometimes enjoying the benefits of magic and remaining behind the shadows is fun. The mages that do go for the kills and chaos could probably try to leave more hooks, I guess."

Goodryke claims, "Example of a mood when nothing is left behind"

Goodryke says to Barcus, "I am strictly speaking about those who do nefarious things, but leave nothing behind"

Vicannia claims, "That is the exact same thing the warning that you get through odt is basically providing."

Barcus nods at Goodryke.

Diana states, "Yeah, I'm kind of in agreement with Goodryke here. It's like if someone commits a crime, there's evidence of that crime. it should kind of be the same thing for mages. perhaps nothing too overt as Godryke said, but I'm in agreement with him."

Nicu muses, "Maybe a mage could leave a subtle trail? It doesn't have to be big or obvious but I think it would be neat to have the Order knocking on doors hunting down a mage. Maybe even suspecting the wrong person even?"

Temi states, "The notification system is designed to keep people semi-honest about stuff in public. And there has been less public magic and there are signs about what happens for it."

Vicannia says, "And goodryke again, I understand your frustration on the matter, but you have to remember. Your character not getting some evidence won't lead to their death. A mage leaving evidence could very well lead to their death. Mages have more to lose than you do in this scenarior"

Goodryke says, "I mean honestly it's that simple - if there is never trail, there is no reason for inquisitors to exist. Simple enough"

Barcus states, "I don't think it's like that, but I don't think the chase for mages should be a linear thing nor something that spans a short one week."

Goodryke states, "Beside for being a target for mages"

Goodryke queries to Barcus, "What chase?"

Barcus says, "I think that relationship needs to base on a willingness to create a rivalry: that's my thought."

Azarial says, "Create a story. not 'win'."

Goodryke states, "I will break into IC a bit here, as I will say there was NO EVIDENCE of any magery here that would possibly lead to anything in my stay here"

Barcus nods in agreement with Azarial.

Goodryke claims, "And i mean enough to make a story, not kill someone"

Diana says, "Yeah, that's not necessarily true Vicania. While he's chasing after mages, it's going the other way round. Plus, people can know where he's been, he's a lot easier to track, than it is for Goodryke to track down a mage. It's not quite balanced."

Goodryke claims, "I want some bloody rp hooks, not pyres"

Ariadne claims, "Wouldn't most mages who aren't trying to cause scenes cast in non-reporting areas? If someone's blatantly casting in public, autofailsafe people, might they be purposefully tempting being caught? Unless autofailsafe is for preparing a spell only and not casting one."

Barcus says, "I think they're not discussing casting in public: there's a system for that."

Barcus says, "My thoughts on this are:"

Nicu says, "The comment about a torn cloak is a good one, or a mage hiding things in the wild that a farmer or peasant stumbles onto. I also think maybe moods could be used to reflect use of more powerful spells like 'the air here crackles lightly with static' or 'there is a subtle scent of ash on the wind'"

Goodryke says to Barcus, "System that doesn't work well, even when escalated with RPA"

Goodryke exclaims to Nicu, "Yup!"

Temi finishes abruptly, "I do think a lot of the reports have been publicly known mages - a limited subset of the mages, most keeping things quiet in private"

Goodryke says to Nicu, "Creates a nice set of scenes for me, trying to decipher "

Eirian states, "Wouldn't those little moods and hooks just end up causing frustration, too, if they don't actually lead anywhere? I guess I don't understand that argument."

Diana claims, "Yeah exactly, it doesn't have to be blatantly obvious, but something like what Nicu suggested would be nice."

Eirian says, "Moods and hooks aren't very active or engaging forms of RP, ultimately."

Goodryke says to Eirian, "I don't know. I know taht current state means there is really no reason to play an inquisitor"

Ariadne claims, "It's not always obvious if an inquisitor's seeking a hook a mage can have some fun playing out or just a kill that'll make the order look good. Vicannia's attempt to create rp is a good example. death."

Vicannia muses, "And what would "The air crackles with static" get you?"

Nicu asks, "It would offer investigation RP for the Order though Eirian, which I think is what Goodryke wants?"

Barcus states, "This is a game that bases on cooperation so setting the scene for magic that is obvious (because as said some spells such as invisibility simply don't show). I think they're not complaining about leading to a result but more RP hooks for them to at least RP."

Goodryke states, "Yup"

Nicu states, "Well the static could be linked to some kind of air magic maybe. It was just an idea."

Vicannia trails off, "If the order gets a notice that a spell was cast in public, they can already rpa that to see if there witnesses etc... "

Nicu claims, "I was referring more to less public areas."

Ariadne nods.

Goodryke says to Vicannia, "At best you get brief description of someone you already know. IF that."

Temi states, "We have recently requested adding some more logging to make it easier for us to RPA the magic reports. Some of that we've had previously and some haven't."

Vicannia wonders, "Are you asking for magic that is done in areas that don't report to leave clues?"

Goodryke pontificates to Vicannia, "Both!"

Goodryke says to Vicannia, "I am asking for imperfection on the other side"

Goodryke claims to Vicannia, "Some trails, suble moods"

Ariadne trails off, "Mages really do have a lot more to lose. I personally think the balance is all right. Mattack was mitigated, from what I've been told, invisibility cloaks are very fragile..."

Goodryke says to Vicannia, "Maybe once in a blue moon leading somewhere where put together"

Goodryke muses to Ariadne, "You do? Then why no one wants to play inqusitors? :)"

Barcus claims, "I don't think the balance is right, but at the same time I don't think the balance necessarily needs to leave tangible evidence for them to be caught."

Vicannia states, "No, I don't think that is right of you to expect that. If a mage is smart enough to do magic where it's relatively safe for them then they shouldn't be expected to provide anything to you just so you can get rp. "

Unrecognized command. Perhaps you meant the following:
teach take tax touch take
toss

Goodryke wonders to Vicannia, "And smart people never make mistakes?"

Barcus says, "Mages can be betrayed, their allies twisted for them to backstab, they can screw up, etc."

Vicannia claims, "This is speaking from someone who has played all three ends of the spectrum. Inquisitor, knight and mage."

Barcus says, "The risks for mages are really high."

Nicu says, "I agree that it would offer RP on both sides. The mages could rp being suspicious and hiding as best they can and the order can RP investigating suspicous activity. But it doesn't have to be able to be linked to the mage in question...just a hint that magic was used in the area."

Barcus states, "The problem is IMHO when they go off the wall, which has happened in the past. I don't think right now they're going over the wall."

Ariadne claims, "I don't really think mages should have to leave clues in non reporting areas just to make the order's job easier, personally."

Goodryke states, "And it's a give and take, if you want inquisitors to play mages MUST offer some RP."

Vicannia states, "The risk for mages is death! if an inquisitor mucks up their job, oh well they are out of a job. Mage mucks up and gets caught, dead, "

Ariadne states, "They're not easy to play. I've tried and I usually end up liquidating them before a month is out. If a mage has managed to stick around, they've put a lot into it, and will probably be less interested in leaving trails. it would be careless ic."

Diana says, "That's not fair, Gi's end up dead too. There have been more GI's dead, than mages as of late as far as I know."

Nicu asks, "Why not just leave it as an optional thing then? Encourage it but don't require it?"

Goodryke says, "The only reason my GI is alive is absolute 100% luck lol"

Goodryke claims, "He was to be dead first day in his office, but got flee on first try"

Goodryke claims, "Tell me about risks please"

Barcus states, "I don't recall many dead GI's. I recall a dead Archbishop that was my alt because I coordinated that RP."

Temi claims, "Most GIs that die are liquidates because they give up."

Goodryke claims to Temi, "Not surprising"

Vicannia states, "Statistically there have always been more dead mages than dead any other role. Mages used to hardly ever kill anyone"

Barcus nods at Vicannia.

Goodryke questions to Vicannia, "Isn't that the point of playing a mage? It says in creation screen that you WILL die"

Goodryke says, "Not may"

Diana states, "Yeah, again I'm in agreement with Goodryke here."

Goodryke claims, "In exchange you get insane advantages"

Goodryke claims, "And can mess with other players without way to responde"

Barcus questions, "So to play the game you have to be willing to get your PC killed without a storyline?"

Goodryke declaims to Barcus, "I want a storyline!"

Nicu asks, "Offer some kind of incentive to play a mage who is less than perfect and will likely wind up hunted. That way mages who want to stir up order/mage RP can and those who are more experienced and don't want the risk of getting caught can play a safer longer lasting way?"

Goodryke states to Barcus, "But think of it from my persepctvie. I get no storyline"

Barcus nods at Goodryke.

Vicannia states, "Advantages that hardly ever actually play out. Most of the time mages get ganged up on by multiple knights and the general public. You just don't numbers on your side currently to couneract this"

Goodryke says, "And at the same time I get a lot of RP limitations"

Goodryke says, "As most scenes disperese when I just enter tavern, especially with new players"

Vicannia trails off, "Welcome to playing an inquisitor. That is how it's always been. It's one of the toughest roles to fill... but there have been many, many successful inquisitors"

Goodryke states to Vicannia, "You are confusing non-combat conflict with actual combat"

Vicannia says, "No I'm goodryke. "

Ariadne states, "From an IC standpoint, the Order can be frightening. You are a man who can kill someone on a whim, whether you have evidence or not, because you are the GI. You can call them mage and they are mage. It's a difficult role. I've been there. But I can understand why new players give you a wide berth."

Vicannia states, "No i'm not*"

Goodryke claims to Ariadne, "And the upside is supposed to be the rp of going against amges, investigating, trailing, figuring out"

Goodryke states to Ariadne, "And appraoch like Vicannia presents takes that away"

Goodryke claims to Ariadne, "Of mages that are always perfect, never screw up even slightly"

Goodryke claims, "And do the very least just to meet up with policy on moods etc"

Goodryke claims, "Becuase, my oh my, they may die"

Goodryke states, "I can of course start playing to win too, but that is something I will refuse to do"

Ariadne states, "Honestly, your ooc bitterness makes me wary, if we're being blunt here."

Eirian states, "I don't think we need to trivialize other players' RP styles."

Vicannia questions, "If many, many inquisitors, heck even players could do the job without it, why do you suddenly need it to be able to do it?"

Temi muses, "Do you have any ideas on things we can programmatically do that would improve the balance without tilting it too far the other way?"

Ariadne says, "My oh my, they may die, oh well, you knew that, now make my life easier is not going to make anyone want to help you."

Goodryke claims to Vicannia, "That is how I summed my complain to kinnaed, that maybe I am just not fit for this. I want to play a story, live or die - who cares, I want a story. Maybe that is too much, and why I have message ready for my quitting"

Goodryke says, "And then one of the competent inqusiitors can take over"

Ariadne claims, "Nobody has called you incompetent."

Goodryke states, "And I am bitter because I bloody care. I let 2 strong suspects away simply because I left moods after searching their places"

Goodryke states, "And it was in palces where I didn't have to according to policy"

Goodryke states, "But it was fair"

Ariadne states, "But mages are not meant to be easy to catch. That is what makes them dangerous. They work from the shadows if they intend to work against the order."

Temi says, "If you find the role more stressful than fun, maybe you would be happier in a different role. I think everyone wants to involve you and have you have fun too as GI, but they don't know how to balance it and are going to tend towards caution."

Vicannia states, "If you search a home, you do have to leave a mood."

Ariadne trails off, "Unless they're Leofrick, I guess..."

Eirian questions, "Roll a mage, play on the other side of the fence for a while and see what it's like?"

Goodryke claims to Vicannia, "It wasn't a home, it didn't require a mood"

Goodryke claims to Temi, "I love everything about it except that there is no actual inquisitor RP to be had, seriously"

Goodryke wonders, "So why deal with the downside?"

Diana states, "Yeah, everyone tends towards caution but I think what Goodryke's trying to say is, he's not just out to pire you, but he wants the inquisitor rp. It's not fair to hold the post he holds, as the GI, and not have inquisitor rp. It's like trying to be a physician without physician rp, or... I don't know, something similar."

Vicannia trails off, "I am bias on though since I played a mage that went out of their way to give rp to the order and knights, for 2 years, and when I did try and make something bigger... dead. 2 years of rp gone in an instant because people wanted to all play the hero..."

Ariadne nods in agreement with Vicannia.

Barcus states, "It's hard."

Goodryke says to Vicannia, "I keep fair to the other end, and I make sure that the same goes in order"

Goodryke says to Vicannia, "That is why this guy is easy to kill, and not perfect at all"

Goodryke states to Vicannia, "So maybe it's time for both sides to work on resolivn that status quo"

Vicannia says, "You may play fair goodryke, but you can't guarantee that for everyone in the order. If a mage is enough of a nuiscance, people tend to forget their morals in the heat of the moment."

Temi nods.

Diana starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Diana finishes her note.

Ariadne states to Goodryke, "You may not have been around for long, but there have been grand inquisitors who took pleasure in torturing mages. tearing pieces from their bodies even after they gave up what they know. if you have characters who have lived to see those things, chances are caution is ten times as high because gi's have not played fair in the past and icly, you can't expect mages to ever think they could."

Goodryke states to Ariadne, "Well, change has to start somewhere."

Goodryke states, "Although that sounds mighty like inflencing ic with OOC"

Goodryke claims, "On both sides"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "I think we'd all love for it all to be better with more OOC trust on both sides."

Vicannia nods in agreeance with Ariadne "Mages have had it incredibly rough for the longest time, right now it's one of those rare instances where the order just doesn't have the numbers it needs to properly counteract mages, which is causing mages to take a bit of advantage of the lack of numbers... at least from an outside view point. Not playing a mage at the moment so can't speak firsthand.

Eirian says, "Instead of complaining and pointing fingers at what the other side is doing, maybe some of this could be addressed by friendlier sounding invitations. Invitations to do things a little differently, try something new, for the sake of fun. Maybe work through staff (for anonymity) to come up with potential storylines that provide clues or offer more personalized experiences."

Ismael has returned from AFK.

Temi finishes abruptly, "I don't think we're going to get to a resolution today - though if anyone has any great ideas, we're always glad to hear them"

Ariadne claims, "Difficult when I've seen ooc info used against people icly. I'm sorry, but it's why I usually just play by myself. I can have fun without worrying that my character's so well known icly that half their issues are spawned via ooc information."

Temi says, "Let's go on to the other topics while we still have a bit of time."

Ariadne nods at Temi.

Temi muses, "Vicannia, you had a quick topic?"

Vicannia says, "I just wanted to ask if staff could consider adding a notice when drinking from a fillable container that the container is empty. Right now you get no notice and end up posting a pose that you take a drink, only to discover when you try to take said drink there is nothing left"

Ariadne nods at Eirian.

Ariadne places her right fist over her heart in salute to you.

Diana claims, "Oh yeah touche, I've had that happen to me too."

Temi wonders, "I think that's reasonable. Post a bug note for Kin's approval?"

Vicannia claims, "I will do that after the meeting."

Temi queries, "Great. Okay, Eirian?"

Eirian says, "Not sure if staff discussed this when they did away with gnotes, but I've been wondering if maybe they could be recycled and put back into action as a means for OOC guild helpfiles that players write themselves and therefore don't have to go through staff."

Eirian claims, "Player-policed helpfiles that have OOC advice, known issues, etc."

Vicannia arches brow.

Temi states, "It may be a bit of a hard sell"

Eirian states, "No problem. Just an idea I had, about giving GLs more direct access to their guild's helpfiles, or providing a space for player-written OOC guides that don't necessarily need to live on the forums."

Temi says, "They didn't really get a lot of use for general guild messages, mainly for records for the law guilds and such."

Eirian muses, "They were supposed to be IC before, no?"

Temi muses to Ismael, "Is the wiki potentially appropriate?"

Diana says, "Right and for ic guild message, you can always have your guild put up a board somewhere."

Eirian claims, "So they were used for IC information."

Nicu is idle.

Eirian claims, "I'm thinking OOC advice for new players and the like."

Nicu is no longer idle.
Nicu has returned from AFK.

Eirian says, "Stuff that you'd see on guild channels that could be converted into FAQs, etc."

Vicannia claims, "I think said advice would hold more impact if presented through rp."

Ismael says, "I think the guild would be great for that, yes."

Eirian claims, "I wouldn't suggest it if the system wasn't already built."

Eirian says, "Just seems like a waste not to use it after Az put in the work."

Eirian says, "Anyhow, that was all I had."

Vicannia chuckles softly "I'm sure there are alot of systems that still exist but aren't used anymore."

Temi says, "Well, we'll have Kin read the log and see what she thinks."

Temi questions, "Did anyone else have any topics they were interested in bringing up?"

Azarial says, "There is a ton of things available that no one uses. i push 'help random' fopr a reason."

Diana states, "I do help random just for fun when I'm bored sometimes. I've done it so much, I think Iv'e read all there is to know, inus the people files."

Diana laughs.

Azarial states, "There are over two-thousand non-people non-domain helpfiles."

Vicannia whistles

Temi states, "Well, if no one wants to discuss anything else, then, we can go ahead and wrap up. I think it's been about an hour."

Azarial says, "A bit over, looks like."

Ariadne nods.

Eirian exclaims, "Thanks for the piggy bank!"

Eirian waves.

Temi waves.
Lurks the Forums

• Information